Overall, how was the 2010's for vidya? Are video games better or worse than they were in the previous decade?

Overall, how was the 2010's for vidya? Are video games better or worse than they were in the previous decade?

Attached: da8.gif (500x480, 999K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits_(PlayStation)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Video Games have the potential now to be better but often content is cut out to be released as DLC, the easy monetization of phone games is going to cause developers to begin adapting those techniques for PC/Console games to offset the development costs of the flashier games that require larger development teams now.

I'd say we got the most creative and fun games this generation. I've had more fun now than I did with games in the 2000's. I mean, we've had games break sales records this generation and that says a lot.

I keep seeing this character. Where's she from?

>I mean, we've had games break sales records this generation and that says a lot.
That's not a good thing, especially in this state of the industry we're in since most of them are big shitty IPs by western publishers with the most predatory monetizations.

I wish I had huge jugs

how old are you, newfag? post elections faggots/phoneposters like you are a mistake

The 10s were definitely way better than the 00s.

Better than the tail end of the 2000s for sure but I would say there's a lot of PS2 stuff that still holds up great

90's > 10's > 00's > 80's

Wasn't alive for the 70's, so no opinion

Does it? I liken it akin to box office records except even more skewed. More people exist and the market is just plain larger, both domestic and globally. I also disagree with "most creative and fun," but I do agree on one thing: the current time is the best time for video games. Not that games today are any better than games from whatever period, far from it. There are just simply more options and the ways to play those older games exist in forms that could only otherwise have been imagined before.

Just think, not only are there just more games period, but many indie titles are spiritual successors of classic games (even if many can't quite recapture the flame). Look at the new "Not Castlevania" and "Not Harvest Moon". There's even stuff like "Not FFT" coming out. Oh wait, want the actual classic games? We have literal hardware replications of classic consoles made to work on modern TVs with original games or ROMs. We have the best flashcarts and homebrew. We have mods, translation patches, romhacks. In love with Super Metroid? LTTP? There are randomizers for the games. Randomizers.

I'm an oldfag and prefer classic games to new ones, but I already have a backlog so robust that I don't ever need to look at new AAA garbage, and when new things do come out that catch my eye like Obra Dinn or Baba is You, I can enjoy those, too.

I'm 20 and haven't died yet unfortunately

Sorceress from Dragons Crown

Dragon's Crown. Maybe the best side-scrolling beat em' up ever created.

Attached: 779.gif (270x316, 3.9M)

get this pedoshit off my board

2010s had some really good highs. 2010s also a ton of PC SJW refuse which has been on the way out for a few years now praise the sun.

tfw no vanillaware games on pc

>girls like this aren't real

Attached: 1558498250532.jpg (300x300, 19K)

00’s > 90’s > 10’s > 80’s

But they have all had fun games

Look up The Vagrant

only japan games where good in this decade
triple A western died in 2011 there si no point of return now the industry is too big and that means safe games whit no risks and """"cinematic expirience""""

Hey man! Witcher III and D44M were pretty good, and uh...

Never mind.

i've heard of it but is it actually a good game? it looked pretty knock-off-ish

MMOs died

rpgs got a revival

Pic related was fun.

Attached: titanfall-2-cover-i31916.jpg (399x600, 101K)

>rpgs got a revival
In which timeline, exactly?

The games released were great.
The industry going into the 10's is worse than ever.

The 20's is going to see the rise of the first service-only gaming platforms (games, but you can't own them), and we'll be having nostalgia for the 10's for the simple reason that we used to be able to own (or "own" if you hate digital) games.

Add:
total war
deus ex
the forest
resident evil
skyrim

off the top of my head

Also gaming really took off in terms of big cash grabs like MOBAs, MMOs, streaming, etc. which hurt the quality of games IMO.

in the one where you aren't a zoomer and can remember clearly of more than 2 centuries worth of gaming to compare to

This decade was definitely worse than the last one.

Luckily, things are looking better for the decade to come.

>Luckily, things are looking better for the decade to come.
explaing please

>ZOOMER XD
Only zoomers would play the shit RPGs we're getting these days, retard

>total war
The series has been in decline since Medieval II

>Deus Ex
I could never get into the series, as I feel the RPG elements clash with the first-person shooting. No opinion

>The Forest
Never played

>Resident Evil
Japanese Developer

>Skyrim
No

Seriously, what was even that good this decade? What is of the caliber of resident evil 4, ninja gaiden black, Diablo 2, WoW and many more. Nothing has been that memorable

Thank you Anons. I don't have any consoles besides my 5 year old xbox360. I just downloaded the ps3 emulator and the rom on my pc.

>total war, deus ex, elder scrolls, Witcher
Best ones of these series were all pre-2010

Damn I really hope this post is bait

the 2000s will go down as one of the best and the 2010s will go down as one of the worst

Absolute trash, the next gen of AAA cinematic walking simulators will be even worse.
>PS1 and 2 had 150+ greatest hits titles each
>PS3 had about 70
>PS4.... 40
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits_(PlayStation)

One of the ancients shambling through. 2011 was considered a good year in relative terms. Moods were positive. It served as an anchor point and watermark for the subsequent few years.
It's all relative, and while things have certainly changed here and for video games, they have also remained thoroughly similar.

Attached: old-man-in-gaza-ruins.jpg (500x333, 44K)

Factorio
The Witcher III
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
D44M
Starcraft II
Devil May Cry 5 (sue me)
Skullgirls
Divinity I & II
Dragon's Crown

Hard to say. Honestly, games are better now than they've ever been but it comes at the price of some really vile business practices. Now, fortunately those mostly affect games I don't care for and are pretty non intrusive in games I do care for for that have them but I don't want to take that for granted.

Friendly reminder that Dragon's Crown Pro is 50% off right now on PSN.

wasteland 2
divinity original sin
underrail
kingdom come
X4 (once they finish developing it I wish devs would stop releasing so early)
prey
nier
devil may cry
pathfinder

Potential is greater but the effort is greatly diminished.

Some hits, some indie darlings, but also tens of thousands of unfinished, pre-bought indie games being vomited onto storefronts, and larger companies aping the fucking mobile market to concentrate their manpower into far less titles to try to turn them into perpetual money generation machines. And failing, fun to see.

From 2010-2014 you were still on the tail end of the market, before you saw the rise of what we're currently dealing with. Not that the PS3/Xbox360 were particularly amazing generations either, but compared to now, bloody hell.

I think things will get better. Too much egregious high profile failures, and the companies have kept pushing and pushing that even the average schmuck supports bitching them out on twitter. Sekiro and REmake 2 doing well will hopefully support more in that direction of development.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 269K)

2000 to 2005 was fucking amazing
2006 to 2010 was pure shit

bounce

I mean... bump

Attached: 505.gif (220x233, 770K)