FFXIV 1.0

What went wrong?

Attached: FFXIV_CE[1].jpg (3300x1872, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hteHjgVwK6k
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8lHu1a5Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=--LOYdzogDA
youtu.be/gmffV4oKZu4?t=263
youtu.be/u20Py_d2aI8
youtu.be/w7eH0mqK3To
youtu.be/ExXhr8ch8Mk
youtu.be/RHkMfJBDFZM
youtu.be/3cKy5Qk0QMM
youtube.com/watch?v=3WVOMzGx6E8
youtube.com/watch?v=j7nryAJe9XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jH1DEdX3j3M
youtu.be/VGdz1gjQPrE?t=236
youtu.be/goKSqF9fldE
youtube.com/watch?v=h7X2HQg_Okc
youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=OBLN4O6rZs4
youtube.com/watch?v=hXrtICZyzNo
youtube.com/watch?v=JeYATGs70Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=MZtNNTn_CIY
youtube.com/watch?v=iW7b8Mo_SFU
youtube.com/watch?v=_h41T80eDVI
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jwsypbz10
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
youtube.com/watch?v=BnOKdmAcSP0
youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k
youtube.com/watch?v=o9F0tU7-wbA
youtube.com/watch?v=ExXhr8ch8Mk
youtu.be/HI8oib1o2_4
youtu.be/unpWwn00mJs
youtube.com/watch?v=ksBTlg24sVc
ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15044/anyone-level-50/3/
youtu.be/aO5A0QNiuJs?t=28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: tanaka.jpg (292x237, 37K)

Many things.
It's Yoshida's wow clone now, better luck next time with FFXVII Online.

>It's Yoshida's wow clone now, better luck next time with FFXVII Online.
ikr? sad. when do you think he decided to scrap it and make it a wow clone? mfw they might have taken a joke i made too far and this was the result

A lot of things, if you're interested I could name a few
It's a shame though because they eventually started to figure shit out and fix it up before they axed it

do it

Attached: Ouch01.jpg (1280x720, 571K)

Had a lot of potential all the way from the alpha, but was never realized

Prolly right from the start. He's a huge WoW and Blizzard fanboy

NoClip made a documentary about it, the fixes were done while plans to scrap the game were already in motion, the rep of 1.0 was more or less unsalvagable by this point so they gave the ones who remained QoL changes and a proper send-off with the fall of Dalamud.

it had way better graphics and gameplay of any mmo ever made, even compared to world of fantasycraft

i'll have to check it out. i pretty much know the story but what repercussions this has had. after this, mmos have been unplayable for me. i can't stay stuck in some kind of pergutory between ps1 and ps2 just because a bunch of onions latte assholes need to run mmos from their shitty paper thin laptops

The issue with 1.0 was that while the gameplay was good, everything surrounding it was shit. The only FFXI-type game still around is Dragon Quest X but we're never getting that in English.

damn, so depressing

Attached: Ouch02.jpg (1280x720, 415K)

If you know Japanese, try the trial for Dragon Quest X, it won't sate your graphical desires but the gameplay is an actual DQ game and not just a WoW clone which is nice.

For starters, the engine itself
While the game and its physics were extremely nice, not even high-end computer at the time could run the game at 60 FPS
Another would be the fatigue system they had for the game, that essentially was "Oh, you've earned this much EXP today? Time to stop" and greatly decreased the amount of EXP you received from killing things (Drops might have also been nerfed while fatigued; I don't remember exactly)
Their ABP battle system was abyssal, and somehow felt slower than XI; probably do to the fact that every action had a cost; from skills to magic to even basic attacks

Didn't they farm most of the work out to a chinese company?

i don't but hopefully it's still online when i learn someday

>gameplay was good
youtube.com/watch?v=hteHjgVwK6k

Does anyone have the official trailer showing off the 1.0 -> 2.0 zone changes? I saw it so many years ago but can't find it anymore

>Didn't they farm most of the work out to a chinese company?
lol yeah, there were rumors of debug errors coming up in chinese characters

>not even high-end computer at the time could run the game at 60 FPS
so true, at the time people thought maybe 5 years later hardware would be able to run the game smoother, but at the same time that it was future-proof.
look what has happened to the future though: now we are stuck with sub-ps2 graphics and WE CAN'T FUCKING ESCAPE AHHH
>Their ABP battle system was abyssal, and somehow felt slower than XI; probably do to the fact that every action had a cost; from skills to magic to even basic attacks
lol, yeah remember "basic attack" that had a stamina cost? remember spirit dart or whatever? pew pew pew. it was like dark souls. hilarious but i miss those days

1.0 wasn't the problem, people still don't realize this. 1.0 was an attempt at FIXING the problem, it was before 1.0 that the game was garbage. 1.0 essentially made the game feel more like FFXI, but by then it was too late. Ironic though considering they threw off the FFXI guy in charge of the game and put yoshi in charge, who almost killed FFXI with the abyssea content, and then yoshi proceeded to copy as much shit as possible from FFXI and merged it with wow to save FFXIV. Literally a clown world we live in.

Worst comes to worst it has an offline campaign that goes parallel to the main one and there are english guides for that one.

I was so excited for this game. I remember when it was announced to be coming out. Everyone online was confused, because the beta looked so unfinished. We figured there was some misunderstanding somewhere, like maybe the beta was a much earlier version than what SE had up their sleeve, but then the game came out and, no, that was it.

I always feel the need to mention this, even though it's really embarrassing, but I fell for all the flavor text that SE was putting out. All this information about how different weapons and spells had different ranges which would matter in practice, how different types of weapons and armor may have features specific to them, how the monsters may behave like real animals and hunt each other or run from players, how artisans were being treated like separate classes and could provide an appreciably unique role in a party, etc. It was all just exaggerations and flavor text meant to market the game, none of it was meant to be taken literally. I actually thought the Lantern Shield would have a fucking lantern you could hang from it, and people laughed at me for that, but that's what the description said and, I'd argue, in a good offline game or in tabletop, that is totally something that could be a feature. Look how torches are used in Souls games. If you weren't accustomed to that and you read a blurb about it, what, you'd just think it's a melee weapon that deals fire damage?

I also thought the races, which would like lifeless mannequin versions of the FFXI races, were sort of like FFXI's races as they're seen in character creation which appear to have more polygons but also look kinda' uncanny. Unfortunately, no, that's how they look in the main game. And I still feel this way, too; ARR didn't fix the races for me.

Everyone says "WoW clone" but in what way does "WoW clone" differ from MMORPG?

Attached: soul vs. soulless.png (605x370, 442K)

>lol yeah, there were rumors of debug errors coming up in chinese characters
Also chocobo being referred to as horsebirds, and "optimization" that included an endless nest of folders (can't find that pic though)

as a big fan of XI I enjoyed how XIV 1.0 was fairly close to XI in gameplay. Shit man you could barely solo anything without getting your ass handed to you, you really had to party up

i haven't seen it but i did see the old 1.0 copypasta videos were were quite entertaining at the time. what sucks is that the map redo was nice, except for the fact that they downgraded the graphics and textures beyond all fucking comprehension. so the design improved but the atmosphere itself was depleted. kind of one step forward 5 steps back. i'd take the old copy pasta shit over the current iteration ANY day of the week

Attached: FFXIV_1306990779.jpg (1920x1080, 650K)

keep in mind that in development the game was supposed to be a sequel of sorts to FFXI. But that changed and they renamed the races despite them being the same shit essentially.

>now we are stuck with sub-ps2 graphics and WE CAN'T FUCKING ESCAPE AHHH
I think you need to go play a PS2 game or two

nice

Speaking of general gameplay, leveling was a horrible to do
Essentially, if you wanted to level, you had to do levequests to get the best bang-for-your-buck when it came to EXP
The catch? You could only do a couple levequests a day before they would restock (they restocked individually, by the way; meaning if you did all your levequests, you'd get 1 back at a time after so many hours)
After that it was off to either grind by yourself or in a party for EXP amounts that honestly didn't feel worth the effort

>races have distinct combat animations
>ARR also straight up removed skills such as simian thrash
ARR ultimately was better but not everything about it was better. No idea why they homogenized the combat animations.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8lHu1a5Dg

>I think you need to go play a PS2 game or two
LOOK AT THIS SHIT. TAKE A GOOD LONG LOOK
this is way fucking better than ffxiv 2.0+ IT'S SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER IT HURTS
a realm reborn is ps1.5. it's like sega dreamcast but somehow worse graphics or some shit

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>but by then it was too late. Ironic though considering they threw off the FFXI guy in charge of the game and put yoshi in charge, who almost killed FFXI with the abyssea content, and then yoshi proceeded to copy as much shit as possible from FFXI and merged it with wow to save FFXIV. Literally a clown world we live in.
yeah for real. god i never thought i'd say this but i wish tanaka had never left. ffxiv wouldn't be popular but it would have been a great game worth playing all these years

Some things I liked about 1.0 though was the gathering mini-game system they had
Made gathering very enjoyable and fun to do
I appreciated the seamless open world and no loading screens
It was really neat, even if it did put a lot of stress on your computer
I also appreciated how much weight the game had
Everything from equipment to skills felt like they had weight behind them; landing an attack with a skill felt extremely good and satisfying to do
Attacks and skills in ARR feel so sped up and fast that they feel floaty and weightless
It's a real shame

My headcanon, and I assume what SE themselves believe (or maybe it's sort of up in the air for them), is XIV is just in the future, and because Humes were so prolific, the race mixing has caused every other race to have Hume admixture, which makes them all look like the original FFXI races, but slightly Hume'd. So, they all look more human. Which I'm not a fan of, I want my goofy-ass fantasy races, not "oh this girl is wearing a headband that has ears on it, that makes her a different race" races. There isn't a name for this, so let's call them cosplay races. The Au'Ra are the biggest offenders. They weren't in XI, so they had no particular image they felt like they needed to hold onto to draw in the XI crowd, and as a result, they're the biggest cosplay race. They're just humans with scales here and there. There's a part of me that actually finds that offensive. It's like someone trying to prove chupacabras exist by showing me a dog with mange.

everything past 1.17 is tainted by Yoshi-P, he massacred the combat and class system

Of course, people celebrated it at the time

>Attacks and skills in ARR feel so sped up and fast that they feel floaty and weightless
One thing similar to this that I really hate about FFXIV, and it's also what I hate about Overwatch so I'm wondering if it's a Blizzard thing that SE was aping, is how soft and non-threatening the spells and other particle effects look. It's really disorienting. If you look at Cure spells in FFXI or the Medigun's healing beam in TF2, those effects are very soft and non-threatening, because they should be, they're heals. However, I feel like everything looks that way in XIV and Overwatch. I don't know if 1.0 was like this or not.

what?

Attached: ffxiv_11072019_190441_237.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

>I remember when it was announced to be coming out. Everyone online was confused, because the beta looked so unfinished. We figured there was some misunderstanding somewhere, like maybe the beta was a much earlier version than what SE had up their sleeve, but then the game came out and, no, that was it.

I played beta and when they announced release I was like "wha-?" A lot of people don't remember that. Tanaka tried to explain it as "MMOs are constantly evolving". Plain & simple, SE tried to do a cashgrab and fell flat on their faces. Maybe that's where it all went wrong. If it had launched as a complete game, would it have lasted instead of turning into the ARR wow clone snoozefest that it is now?

Attached: Gospel dead.jpg (1280x720, 308K)

>I always feel the need to mention this, even though it's really embarrassing, but I fell for all the flavor text that SE was putting out. All this information about how different weapons and spells had different ranges which would matter in practice, how different types of weapons and armor may have features specific to them, how the monsters may behave like real animals and hunt each other or run from players, how artisans were being treated like separate classes and could provide an appreciably unique role in a party, etc. It was all just exaggerations and flavor text meant to market the game, none of it was meant to be taken literally.
Man I remember that. Miner was supposed to be a class you could play in a battle party. My guess is they never got time to implement that stuff they were dreaming up. The whole game was meant to be outside the box and it ended up INSIDE the box. Remember hamlet defense? That was one of those outside the box things and once they finished it, it turned out to be a lot of fun. Too bad it's not a part of 2.0+ EVEN TODAY

Attached: FFXIV_1347970952.jpg (1920x1080, 714K)

God I hate how little feedback we got from the devs regarding beta
There were plenty of complaints and suggestions on the beta forum, and while I understand you can't make everyone happy, it's like they never even bothered to check it for suggestions on how to improve the game
If they took the time to look at feedback from both English and Japanese players and delayed the game and continued working on it, I wonder how much different things would've been

I feel like the problems people had with it weren't due to it being incomplete, though, was it? It seemed more like people hated the game's fundamentals. It's worth pointing out that FFXI was not a complete game when it launched, but most Westerners didn't really know that because a lot had been added, and even an expansion pack, had come out by the time they got access to it.

some tasteless fucking sperglords actually believe this

i remember the roving bands of crab parties in la noscea back at launch

Attached: FFXIV_1305184663.jpg (1920x1080, 783K)

i didn't mind the slow pace. it took me 6 months from launch to hit cap doing levequests mostly. i still think that's how it should be

Attached: FFXIV_1305185581.jpg (1920x1080, 632K)

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that leveling shouldn't be extremely quick
I feel like that's a problem many MMOs have nowadays actually; trying to push you through levels so you can reach endgame ASAP
But the way 1.0 handled leveling was not good
Couple the not-so-fun battle system with a fatigue system that limits the amount of progress you can make in a day and you've got a recipe for generally making everyone unhappy

they removed like 90% of the animations in the game to get it on ps3 and shitty laptops, THEN THEY PULLED PS3 SUPPORT ALTOGETHER but never added the animations back. such shitty fucking hacks

Attached: FFXIV_1342101700.jpg (1024x768, 443K)

>could have picked any FF game for he mmo setting
>choose this shit
Its like they hate money!

Attached: 1563076182638.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

just zoom in, you'll see

just look at this shiieeettttt. pic related

Attached: 7c2b574cf5b9e77e5f20ba0fab82fbf25579940f[1].jpg (1024x576, 192K)

I wish someone would make a private server already

Why does this game look like such shit? Consoles were a mistake.

>God I hate how little feedback we got from the devs regarding beta
>There were plenty of complaints and suggestions on the beta forum, and while I understand you can't make everyone happy, it's like they never even bothered to check it for suggestions on how to improve the game
>If they took the time to look at feedback from both English and Japanese players and delayed the game and continued working on it, I wonder how much different things would've been
damn so true. i remember that feedback thread on the beta forums. everyone was like "they never even read that shit they just shipped the game"

pic related is what could have been

Attached: Chocobo_Group.jpg (1280x720, 324K)

incompleteness was a big part of it. the lag in the UI for example and general lack of content. it's also true that ffxi launched i think with an expansion in the u.s.. SE thought they could get away with the "sell people a beta" trick again but on a global scale and that shit didn't fly

>monk still has no asuran fists type skill in XIV
what a joke, why not just add simian thrash back?

You're delusional if you think 1.0/1.6+ were better overall than ARR+, but the music in the original was certainly better, and some sound effects as well. For instance, when it rained and you stepped on rocks, you heard a very realistic squeak. It's hard to explain. And Uematsu > whoever they have now.

>everything past 1.17 is tainted by Yoshi-P, he massacred the combat and class system
you speak the truth

Attached: FFXIV_1308553507.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

>Attacks and skills in ARR feel so sped up and fast that they feel floaty and weightless
>It's a real shame
i remember the satisfying "thunk" when landing your axe on a tasty tree in 1.0. it's hard to take ARR seriously after that

Attached: FFXIV_1306478495.jpg (1920x1080, 942K)

I think he means when you have to gather a party and find a spot to pull mobs like you did in FFXI.

What could have been what?
You could already explore Coerthas and ride chocobos in 1.0

Attached: 2012-04-03_00011.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

The presentation of some things look really nice. Cutscenes felt like actual scenes rather than just characters emoting. Graphics and animations were definitely nicer.

Kinda hate they just can't add better textures one pack at a time.

I'm gonna have to fucking stop you there, because Soken SHITS on Uematsu.

Attached: goofd.jpg (540x405, 79K)

People who say 1.x was good are the same type of people that say communism was good despite never living under it.

Literally nostalgic for something you never had to suffer through.

1.x niggers need to be hanged.

Extremist like you should be gassed.
You can look at a past work and look at the good things they did and learn from it.

>tfw 1.0's soundtrack has pretty much been scrubbed off the face of the earth

Post some top-tier XIV music, thinking about getting into it.

>I don't know if 1.0 was like this or not.
shit was real in 1.0

Attached: FFXIV_1305953939.jpg (1280x720, 366K)

A fuck ton, contrived fatigue system fucked leveling, contrived loot system, fucked performance. Only thing that was 110% right was how they nuked the whole thing scorched Earth and started again

Attached: jgg7cm32wanx.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

>trying to push you through levels so you can reach endgame ASAP
yeah now they encourage you to basically SKIP the entire game so you can do DDR in a discord raid. no thanks faggots. pic unrelated

Attached: goobbue_wall.jpg (1920x1080, 1.24M)

youtube.com/watch?v=--LOYdzogDA

oh god, that would be so fucking awesome. i would never stop playing

Attached: FFXIV_1306992344.jpg (1920x1080, 951K)

The literal retards in this thread praising the original are baffling me. I can't believe I share a board with you people.

Absolutely not.

1.0 fucking sucked shit, good riddance

youtu.be/gmffV4oKZu4?t=263

I really wish I could play 1.0 again. I just want to explore the zones and do the stories. Running around the zones was so comfy.

Soken is very flexible
youtu.be/u20Py_d2aI8
youtu.be/w7eH0mqK3To
youtu.be/ExXhr8ch8Mk
youtu.be/RHkMfJBDFZM
youtu.be/3cKy5Qk0QMM

youtube.com/watch?v=3WVOMzGx6E8

>ywn listen to this while walking through a sandstorm in Thanalan again

shoo shoo yoshidrone

>the music in the original was certainly better, and some sound effects as well. For instance, when it rained and you stepped on rocks, you heard a very realistic squeak. It's hard to explain. And Uematsu > whoever they have now.
no doubt. what do you think is better now? to me the game is unacceptable. there's no point in gear because ilvl, and there's no point in raiding because the design is dance dance revolution bullshit. remember what colors to stand on when, dance like a little bitch and then do it again and again and again. the raids in 1.0 were much fucking better. the only thing 2.0 is good at is raking in cash

Attached: FFXIV_1340871984.jpg (1920x1080, 544K)

it'll never recover

Attached: FFXIV_1338793870.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

it could have been great, a different kind of game with outside the box thinking, open vistas, incredible music, and great gameplay, not to mention incredible graphics. now it's dumbed down and it'll never even be as good as it used to be

Attached: FFXIV_1336383269.jpg (1280x720, 440K)

Maybe it could have been those, but it was hardly any of those when it first launched, ontop of just being a giant moneypit

>The presentation of some things look really nice. Cutscenes felt like actual scenes rather than just characters emoting. Graphics and animations were definitely nicer.
>Kinda hate they just can't add better textures one pack at a time.
i know, what the fuck? why can't they just add that shit back in? how does this latest expansion not improve the graphics at all? you have to be shitting me

Attached: FFXIV_1349092948.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

no u
youtube.com/watch?v=j7nryAJe9XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jH1DEdX3j3M

Attached: FFXIV_1305951108.jpg (1280x720, 420K)

Nothing. The graphics were great and its much better than FFXIV

Smaller Budget.
Square isn't exactly feeding the money that xiv generates back.

Thanks FFXV, KH3, FF7R.

I am Legacy and you all missed the best version of FFXIV

Attached: legacy.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

For me, the good awful environments

>it could have been great
Yes, it very well could have been great
>it'll never even be as good as it used to be
This however is wrong, 1.0 was absolute trash at release, doesn't matter if it had potential if it was shit.

O.O you cray? i lived through that shit. shit was real. whippersnappers like you who never even been to 'nam the problem here

Attached: FFXIV_1343494494.jpg (1920x1080, 729K)

How was the last update of XIV 1.x? Was it any better?

youtu.be/VGdz1gjQPrE?t=236
Best song, best fight

1.x was so shit that ARR was better, and that's sad

>those jaggies
>that low resolution
>those unfiltered textures
I think you need to get your eyes checked. ARR isn't spectacular looking by any stretch, but it's not "PS2 graphics." That's just your dumb zoomer brain talking.

back then you had to think ahead, now its just spamming abilities
youtu.be/goKSqF9fldE

Damn it was so good. Legacy here too

It's that fuck up kitase's fault.

I never played 1.0, but I wish they went with the "fix 1.0" option instead of "delete it and make a WoW clone" option.
It just has so much soul, the movement animations are so good and the cutscenes are actual cutscenes instead of characters standing in place doing emotes. ARR still doesn't even have a fucking turning animation, mouse turning while standing still just rotates your character around in place.

Maybe it's got some extra appeal since it's this elusive thing that not many people played and now isn't even playable via private servers or anything, but I just want to play it so fucking badly.

The music and the amazing game shutdown event only adds to it
youtube.com/watch?v=h7X2HQg_Okc

Attached: 1546971476591.jpg (551x1166, 108K)

ARR is better, but I kinda do miss the old Gridania

Attached: legacy.jpg (394x145, 14K)

It was bad, poorly designed in multiple ways that would require a lot more time and money to fix Seriously how do you fuck up basic menu navigation in a game that requires a lot of it, and was a money-sink for the company.
Now that it's actually making SE a lot of money, though, I wish they would put back the money into the game.

>shit was real

Real shit.

for real

Attached: FFXIV_1306991498.jpg (1920x1080, 730K)

>soul

Yeah nothing soulful like repeating zones and EXP timers you fucking nigger.

shitty cover

>it's also true that ffxi launched i think with an expansion in the u.s..
It did. It also came out a year and a half later.

As someone that also played 1.0 till the very end, you're full of shit. 1.0 was difficult solely because of its awful interface, its horrendous action responsiveness after you pressed any sort of button (sometimes up to 2 full seconds) because of the way every single action was done serverside, and the engines amazing ability to only handle up to 25 players/npcs on screen at a single time, although this is still somewhat of a problem.
1.0 had incredibly basic mechanic design and you're fanboying a terrible terrible product.
I liked the game a lot too, but at least be able to acknowledge how shitty it was

Attached: 2012-05-08_00029.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

The chinese outsourced assets were extra soulful, you just wouldn't get it zoomy

What part of "fix 1.0" do you not understand you illiterate fuckwad

>>ywn listen to this while walking through a sandstorm in Thanalan again
sigh

Attached: FFXIV_1306480723.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

1.x niggers, just fuck off.

It had some good music and the real-time cutscenes had better animations.

That's where the praise ends. That's it.

I remember they said guildhests would be card type things you got jobs from and could even create your own for other players.

This. It's clear many of you either stapled some rose-tinted goggles to your face or you literally never played 1.0. The game was trash in so many ways and I guarantee if they went the "save it" route the game wouldn't exist at all.

Yes, SE deleted 1.0 because it was so good

Fucking retards

>Everyone says "WoW clone" but in what way does "WoW clone" differ from MMORPG?
Because "MMO" and "ilvl-focused tab target GCD MMO with an ability grid and constant casting DPS rotations" are not the same thing

Attached: 1549707741074.png (800x830, 477K)

It tried to be FFXI-2 but basically failed to do anything that made it good. It ran like total garbage because they tried to repurpose crystal tools for an MMO. The console version basically didnt happen because the PS3 was incapable of running it at a reasonable framerate. Also having the entire UI being server side was horrible and made the entire experience sluggish and felt unresponsive.

it was so fucking good. lightyears better than ARR will ever be

Attached: FFXIV_1342775651.jpg (1920x1080, 945K)

ARR isn't better, did you actually experience 1.2x?

Look at the picture I posted, dipshit

Everyone disagrees.

The game got a 4.0

FFXIV 1.0 was dogshit. Fuck you contrarian fucks

youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=OBLN4O6rZs4
youtube.com/watch?v=hXrtICZyzNo
youtube.com/watch?v=JeYATGs70Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=MZtNNTn_CIY
youtube.com/watch?v=iW7b8Mo_SFU
youtube.com/watch?v=_h41T80eDVI
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jwsypbz10
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
youtube.com/watch?v=BnOKdmAcSP0
youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k
youtube.com/watch?v=o9F0tU7-wbA
youtube.com/watch?v=ExXhr8ch8Mk

See
No one that actually played 1.23b wants it back.

Still ran like absolute dogshit because the engine couldn't handle it.

you are trippin. look at pic related. this is not even PS3 quality graphics and a lot of PS2 games looked a lot better

Attached: maxresdefault[3].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

I miss the cool animations from 1.0 that weren't overtly flashy like ARR. Also miss the pre combo/gcd shit in 1.x since I could solo 5 VTs at once on drg if I played perfectly. After the change I couldn't do it anymore and the challenge aspect disappeared to solo mob only that took much longer to kill

I don't miss the shitty copy paste areas though.

There are many people that "played" 1.2x but didnt experience it, they didnt even raid in 1.2x or even reached endgame.

>mfw meeting randoms in overworld and doing some comfy grinding

Attached: orly.png (1024x576, 1.55M)

based and garuda-hard pilled

Attached: FFXIV_1335770733.jpg (1280x720, 297K)

I don't see you can say this looks better than . They both look fucking terrible.

>It just has so much soul, the movement animations are so good and the cutscenes are actual cutscenes instead of characters standing in place doing emotes. ARR still doesn't even have a fucking turning animation, mouse turning while standing still just rotates your character around in place.
i played 1.0 from start to finish. the removal of animations is my biggest gripe with the game. when you turned in 1.0, your character leaned in the direction of your turn, and when you did a 180, you pushed your weight against one leg before launching into the other direction. ARR = SOULLESS

Attached: FFXIV_1339469454.jpg (1920x1080, 539K)

>Now that it's actually making SE a lot of money, though, I wish they would put back the money into the game.
for real. when the new expac game out i searched for "graphics updates" and didn't find any. give me a fucking break

Attached: FFXIV_1338525797.jpg (1280x720, 476K)

ffxi is similar to that now, in that you have to reserve some abilities to counter mechanics or simply to survive them easier

When you didn't needed a whole system (Vistas) to tell you to go out and be a real adventurer. There were hundreds of cool areas that you could explore, unique zones that linked to others via a whooping 30min walk or off-sites that were unreachable but visible from far.

Attached: vistas.png (1024x576, 1024K)

>amazing ability to only handle up to 25 players/npcs on screen at a single time, although this is still somewhat of a problem.

You forgot plenty of copypasted and rotated corridors throughout the black shroud.

What other methods of travel did it have? I assume you couldn't just fast travel to any aetherite from anywhere like in ARR? Was it just chocobo porters?

>the server side actions was retarded though and could have been easily fixed

Attached: 1530001929755.jpg (228x223, 6K)

shit ran smooth as butta if you had some decent hardware under your hood bruh

Attached: FFXIV_ishgard.jpg (1920x1080, 521K)

The shroud was the only real zone that suffered the most but it was still unique, there were these tree fuckers that hunted you down if you went the wrong way through that maze.

Chocobos but it was only available via the overworld

Attached: hg.jpg (1024x576, 197K)

>and could have been easily fixed
If it could have been easily fixed, they would have fucking taken it out before 2.0 happened, you mongo

>Chocobos but it was only available via the overworld
What purposes did aetherites serve?

If I had my way, PS4 players would be given notice that support is ending ASAP and SE would hire a small army of modelers and terrain designers to re-expand the game into a single unified world with no zone lines or invisible walls outside far outer boundaries of the playable world. You should be able to do stupid shit like fall off the Sea of Clouds and plummet down somewhere in Coerthas.

City teleportation

Your delusional praise isn't going to bring it back.
Meanwhile Yoshi-P's game becomes more popular and beloved with each iteration.

bro the first one is not a good example. poster had a lot of shit turned off in options. no shadows for one. 1.x had objectively better in graphics. much more detailed models, higher resolution textures, many more superior animations. if you are here to argue otherwise you are in fact, retarded

Attached: 1559520235046.jpg (540x427, 18K)

Total fucking bullshit, put down your nostalgia googles my dude because it's making you see things that didn't happen.

Attached: 1542912481316.jpg (621x637, 44K)

Well that's what I just asked about and you said it was just chocobos. How does it work then?

1.Xfags are retarded and have incredibly selective memory. Don't bother

>still images encapsulate graphical quality
Okay, now I know for sure that you're a zoomer. The PS2 was a great console for its time, but it ran in 480i, had barely any texture RAM, and struggled to maintain 60 fps even in modest games. I get that your first console was probably an Xbox 360, zoomer-san, but please understand that consoles used to look like absolute dogshit.

Also, I can tell you've never played any of the Xenosaga games. They ran at like 20 fps, had barely anything on the screen, and most of the cutscenes had prerendered backgrounds in order to push out the higher graphical fidelity for the character models.

>This blurry picture doesn't look good so obviously the game looks like a ps2 game
>This picture has settings turned down so obviously it's ok the game looks like ass you just don't understand

Attached: donu.gif (647x534, 1.55M)

>When you didn't needed a whole system (Vistas) to tell you to go out and be a real adventurer. There were hundreds of cool areas that you could explore, unique zones that linked to others via a whooping 30min walk or off-sites that were unreachable but visible from far.
based

Attached: FFXIV_1305180561.jpg (1920x1080, 665K)

Soul.
youtu.be/HI8oib1o2_4

The whole overworld you could only venture via foot, chocobos or your markers. It was similar to how adventuring works in FFXI.

Attached: gfyt.jpg (1024x576, 134K)

So you could teleport to cities but only from other cities, and everything else was just walking around?

Coming from XI to 1.0/ARR, one of things I really liked was how you weren't invulnerable while riding a Chocobo
I'll never forget riding through the Shroud, taking a wrong turn, and eating a Scorpion stinger for over 5k damage

they were too busy making it into a wow clone to give a shit
I assume you couldn't just fast travel to any aetherite from anywhere like in ARR?
nah, you could, plus the porters and your own bird. ferry too ofc. also airships

Attached: FFXIV_1336224554.jpg (1920x1080, 620K)

>the server side actions was retarded though and could have been easily fixed
You realize 1.0 was running on the god awful crystal tools engine, right?
The games limitless amount of problems were amplified by multitudes because of how genuinely awful it was at running as an MMO. Nothing could be truly 'fixed' on this engiine, it was all being held together by strings and glue.

ARR was a necessity because they needed to completely move the game over to a brand new engine.

>they were too busy making it into a wow clone to give a shit
So the original 1.0 devs were too busy making a shitty XI clone to give a shit then?

bro it ran at 60fps at all times for me
at the time, i7-970 & 2x gtx 470s

Attached: what the frack.jpg (1262x716, 95K)

You had like 5 markers that you could "Save" but it was only done through outposts in the wilderness. You could teleport to these markers, as for the aetherites you could only use to to teleport to other cities.

Attached: gr.jpg (1024x576, 115K)

I wish I could go back to this breathtaking gameplay. youtu.be/unpWwn00mJs

>I had 2 nuclear ovens in my computer and it ran fine!!!

>If I had my way, PS4 players would be given notice that support is ending ASAP and SE would hire a small army of modelers and terrain designers to re-expand the game into a single unified world with no zone lines or invisible walls outside far outer boundaries of the playable world. You should be able to do stupid shit like fall off the Sea of Clouds and plummet down somewhere in Coerthas.
damn, that would be awesome. if they did that i would re subscribe

Attached: FFXIV_1305951131.jpg (1280x720, 262K)

This is the reason why the Garleans didn't want to fuck with the Shroud.

Attached: guardian.jpg (1024x576, 224K)

Are the leaked Eden raids legit? They sound interesting, but kind of sad that 2 arent actually original.

And it still ran like ass because most of it was still server side. It could have been a NASA supercomputer and still take 3 seconds to open a menu.

i give you the retard award for tonight

Attached: 700-36932-Retard+Award[1].jpg (700x460, 206K)

Ps4 is hardly a problem, there are huge amount of people who is running this game on worse hardware than ps4.

I didn't know FFXIV has classic fags too.

>armor breaks
>need to find another player specialized in armor to fix it

The difference is they don't get to go home

It's datamined not leaked.

Since theres no way to play 1.0 a lot of people see it through rose colored glasses

You could, but aetherytes used a different method of pricing. Instead of gil, you had to expend anima, which recharged at the same rate as leves(6/day 100 cap). Farther the jump, the more anima you burned. If you were particularly warp-happy you'd run out fast; in fact there were sub-aetherytes out in the really fucking dangerous bits of the world where Lv99 rape engines liked to wander around looking for adventurer boipuci to ravage. Those couldn't be directly warped to, you had to get to the main aetheryte for that section of the map and then from there you could jump out to the branches you'd unlocked. So at the end of the day, you had to make due with other forms of travel where you could. Like the boat rides, they were similar to XI's in that it took like 20 minutes to go from Thanalan to Limsa.

They are far more insufferable than wow classicfags

I'll take DDR bosses over this boring shit any day.

who gives a shit? you are a goddamn retard if you think ARR has better graphics than 1.0 or even most PS3 games. and some ps2 games had even better graphics. i played all of the xenosaga games, fuck you

Attached: tenor.gif (492x342, 781K)

tanaka tried to put way too much SOUL into it and it backfired

1.Xfags are extra insane

1.0fags have always been around. Generally you never see them because their shit opinions always get them yelled out of XIV threads.

1.0 Gameplay was trash, 1.2 Gameplay was a fucking blast following what XI had.

God, raiding in that game was so much better. the feels

Attached: FFXIV_1335699113.jpg (1280x720, 397K)

FFXIV 1.0 had a 'secret club' aspect since no one played it.

The actual 1.0, not the 1.2 version when yoshi already took over and most people talk about when they say 1.0, was the most soulless piece of shit ever conceive and would put most korean grindan mmo to shame

Oh shit, I remember that actually.
I remember how enjoyable that was, you had to sort of scout out the land.
I remember that was the most interesting thing I wanted to try since class structure and getting a Job was tiresome

SE forced the game to release 1 year earlier than it should have because they wanted to compete with WoW Catacalysm.
It flopped, Tanaka got the privilege of being the fall guy and booted out of his own project, the rest is history as we know it.

This guy has it correct XIV started to feel right on 1.2x, ARR and 1.2x weren't that far apart if you didnt lived in a third world country and had a decent PC.

Attached: tyg.jpg (1024x576, 130K)

Tanaka lied to the board at Square Enix about the progress on XIV, basically. A lot of people will cite the engine performance, or the fatigue system, or anything else in the game. But, the reality of it was that XIV was so far behind in development, because the majority of the team was tossed around multiple teams at Square Enix, which shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Remember, this is the company that pulled XIV devs off of Heavensward after they came back from vacation to go work on XV, which resulted in 3.1 not coming out until mid November. Heavensward released in June 2015, so just over five months instead of the usual 90 - 100 day patch cycle.
Development for XIV didn't really start until early 2009. This is when they started pulling XI devs off from WotG content and left the team that was working on Abyssea. The issue is that by 2009, XIV was supposed to be something close to 80% feature complete, which it clearly wasn't. Wada, who was in charge of SE at that time, felt delaying the game would make Square Enix look very bad, and thus 1.0 came to be. It's one of the reasons he eventually handed over the reins to Matsuda before ARR launched in 2013, because it was embarrassing for him to have approved the release of garbage and Yoshida and Matsuda worked to fix it.
Matsuda is the only reason ARR even happened, because Yoshida convinced him he could do something, and Matsuda put faith and a budget in his hands. If you can read Japanese, Wada put out a book a while back and there's a whole portion where he talks about XIV and all of this, from his point of view. It's pretty interesting to read.

Glad to see some people on this board still have standards. I'm not about to pretend 1.0 was good, but I'll take that game at its worst than Yoshi-P's uninspired World of Warcraft turd.

You weren't there.
Trust me when I say that FFXIV at launch, on Launch Day was some bullshit.
Fun ideas for crafting and gathering that are vaguely maintained now I think. But leves were some absolute bullshit.
It was basically some weird way to gate progress but ended up just making everyone really frustrated cause players couldnt play their new game as much as they wanted to,.

>So you could teleport to cities but only from other cities, and everything else was just walking around?
not really. you could warp to your home point and then warp to a hub, from there you would warp to a sub-hub like some out of the way area on the map such as pic related

Attached: FFXIV_1335271545.jpg (1280x720, 277K)

I know Yea Forums is contrarian, but this is ridiculous

The game was still built on a shit engine. No amount of additional development time would have fixed that.

>all the falseflagging WoWfags in here
Yikes.

You are out of your fucking mind.
FFXIV at it's worst was literally unplayable.
I'd rather take a competent WoW ripoff over something that literally didn't work at a technical level and the only enjoyable part was the crafting and gathering where you had to appraise the land and manage quality of crafted goods.

>So the original 1.0 devs were too busy making a shitty XI clone to give a shit then?
yeah pretty much. i, like the other poster above though, wish they had simply kept the game engine and addressed the issues rather than making a wow engine

Attached: FFXIV_1340575648.jpg (1920x1080, 446K)

Always makes me wonder when people say that. But XI is exactly what you're looking for and it's still running, so why are you guys always going on about "but yoshi's XIV!".

Interesting, I didnt know any of this

Mismanagement was certainly a factor, but the design of XIV made it fundamentally difficult to develop content for. With XI, slow content drips were fine because that was the standard at the time. But by the time XIV came out, MMOs pretty much had to have some new content every six months or risk hemmoraghing players.

The only enjoyment I got out of FFXIV was playing something new and interesting. None of it was really good, but it was different enough from WoW that I just wanted to find out more about the game world and the mechanics

It was just terribly disappointing that there was nothing there.

No, the dude is a dumbass shill and it's clear he didn't even play the game fully to its death.
Aetherytes sill functioned similarly, but you did not use gil to teleport to locations, but an independent currency that regenerated over time similar to the way leves regenerate now (2 or 3 every few hours and had a cap of 100) depending on your distance from the aetheryte you wanted to travel much like it is now the price would increase, so saving this currency became something of a headache when you need to travel somewhere. There were also airships and a ferry that all ran on a real schedule and took 5 minutes of standing around doing nothing just to wait to arrive at your destination.
You could still mooch teleports off your friends like you do now, and it was a good way to save your anima points (teleportation currency)

>It could have been a NASA supercomputer and still take 3 seconds to open a menu.
that was only for a couple months after launch. by the end, it wasn't like that.

Attached: FFXIV_1340246634.jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

The game engine was shit, though. CT was actually bad and wasn't designed for something even like what 1.0 wanted to be.

The biggest thing I miss was how it used to have XI-style stats on gear, and XI-style effects of stats on different actions. Like buffs spells were Enhancing magic which were influenced by VIT, so it was totally viable to run a VIT-heavy WHM with earth-elemental gear to pump out massive Stoneskins and Regens. Or the way the AF armor came with ability/spell-specific buffs like +potency for Regen. I also miss the old magic sound effects. They actually had a weird other-worldly quality. Why on Earth did they change them? There was a metric shitload wrong with 1.x, but they went too far in sweeping everything out the door for ARR.

because they didnt actually play 1.0, have no idea what makes an mmo enjoyable at a meticulous, mechanical level but are mad that either XIV is a trinity mmo now (which it always was but whatever) or that it's not as unsustainably unique as it was at launch

lol
perhaps, but two things are for sure:
1 it didn't have to be a wow clone and
2 i'd still play the flawed crystal tools version over this ARR shite

Attached: FFXIV_1313740040.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

>No, the dude is a dumbass shill and it's clear he didn't even play the game fully to its death.
This is when the server went down

Attached: wut.jpg (1024x576, 94K)

t. someone who never fucking played 1.0

That's not what literally means you fucking

>CT
Tell me more about this engine and what it was originally used for

>Q: Will we see the return of unique item effects on gear, like Haste and Regen?
>A: Yes, we plan on this being a feature.
>Letter from the Producer, XLIII (02/15/2013)

Thanks, Yoshida.

>ilvl-focused
FFXI has that, though. Now.
>tab target
FFXI had that.
>ability grid
Is this a reference to the UI? I don't like how most MMOs have your abilities on the screen, and this seems to be paired with players pulling their camera far out and above their character. I never knew if WoW was responsible for this or if FFXI was just unique, but it makes the game look like an RTS, and Blizzard makes RTSs. Even their RPGs look like RTSs. I really can't stand that, it feels counter-intuitive to immersion.
>constant casting DPS rotations
That's the one thing I do know WoW did and everyone copies.

I always wondered if WoW was heavily instance-focused, because it feels like MMOs have become more and more instance-focused over time. I know FFXIV and GW2 have things going on out in the world, but I'd argue that's even worse, because it feels really odd that there's this constant fucking chaos outside. It makes the world feel like an amusement park. My cousin once told me he liked FFXI, but he thought the zones felt empty, and I just imagined him wanting the zones full of crap like that. I don't really get it.

Because doing different shit means you're in uncharted territory when it comes to balancing.
For as generic as XIV is, by using the foundation of MMOs that have come before, they have a very clear idea of how to balance content and create a specific multiplayer experience.
It's a tradeoff, but after how badly XIV did at launch, I'm guessing SE was pretty desperate to make it sustainable in some form or fashion and balance fuck-ups aren't part of that sustainability

For someone that loves sucking off the games rotting putrid dick you sure don't know much of anything about it.

A team that didnt communicate and each one having odd priorities for their own systems leading to an unoptimized mess. Not to say 2.0 is any better in regards to an MMO given it's just a WoW clone though since as it stands Soken and now Ishikawa are the two pillars holding it up.

I already explained how teleporting functioned on multiple posts you sperg

that shit was intense. i think i played with mike coby once or twice.
>I'll take DDR bosses over this boring shit any day.
no thanks. now it's like lmao you pressed "insert key" 1 sec 2 soon now you die until purple goo phaze over hahaha fuck you why didn't you memorize your DDR dance routine u faggot"

Attached: FFXIV_1340600629.jpg (1920x1080, 470K)

The entire item level system all modern MMOs use now is fucking cancer, it might as well not even be gear anymore because all that matters is your cumulative item level, not what the actual gear is

Yea Forums IN DA HOUSE

Attached: quicksand.jpg (467x78, 47K)

In case you didn't notice it's because the servers were deserted a couple months after launch. Not because they flipped a magic switch to make latency disappear. If the game had stayed popular you'd still spend more time fighting the ui than monsters.

Crystal Tools was basically SE's inhouse 360/PS3-era engine. It was a mess an part of the reason SE barely put shit out during the era that wasn't XIII related

Haste is on items for eureka bro

Hey now, that one Eureka piece has like +5 haste

Who says I'm not subscribed to XI right now? But XI is definitely not what it used to be, and we will never have anything like it ever again now that Yoshi has proven that putting forth minimal effort by slapping FF and WoW together prints ridiculous money from drooling retards, who either never played WoW or still haven't had enough of their fill after nearly two decades of it.

ffxi ilvl is effectively irrelevant now, most new stuff power creeps over old despite it all being ilvl119

The issue is FFXIV is modern WoW done right. Even though modern WoW in any form is shit to many people, it's something that still has a huge market.

i remember those. i hated that quest where you had to slowly walk past those fuckers

Attached: FFXIV_1341910936.jpg (1920x1080, 911K)

Was there at launch, but keep sucking that Yoshida cock. Maybe he'll convince SE to stop funneling XIV's funds into other projects and finally make it a good fucking game.

>The difference is they don't get to go home
damn that is sad. ffxiv refugee here seeking asylum! plz gib home!!

Attached: FFXIV_1306991132.jpg (1920x1080, 838K)

People post stuff like that every day here

I'm just glad xiv exists. I love it dearly

>The issue is FFXIV is modern WoW done right

That's MOP

You guys will be happy to know the lost of small shit you all have will never be fixed because WoWdrones have proved you can keep shit the same for a decade and no one will bat an eye. Thank classic and your run of the mill blizzfag. Also preasu understandu

I've been following various private server projects on and off but it doesn't seem like it's something that's ever going to happen
There just isn't enough demand

I'm hoping SE's next MMO synthesizes the best parts of XI and XIV. I love both but for different reasons.

timegating was the biggest issue in my own circle. Being able to essentially only play like 45 minutes a day to do guildleves, because the EXP gain was cripplingly slow (worse than 10% exp rates on ff11) meant that you'd log on, then immediately log off. FF14 sadly is pretty much the same, you have to do the story bullshit, then it's just grinding out dungeons. Luckily there's no daily cap on them, just a cap on the super bonuses.
Not adding any content at a reasonable pace. Sure, they released the game with all the content they had, but they should have known that would have made it fail, everyone expects a game to have a pretty stable and consistent update schedule. If you have to cut content at the launch of a new mmo, do so. But they didn't.

It was also optimized like shit, and it seemed to me personally that they were very invested in the PS3 port, to the point that it hurt the PC version, and as the PS3 version got delayed and they shit out the PC port that barely ran on top tier hardware, it just made the game look terrible in general, compounded with the other shit.
I don't care for ARR, I played through it when it came out, with my free month as a 1.0 collectors edition owner, and it just felt too similar to wow, and I could go back and play wow for much about the same price as I was being asked to pay for ff14. So why would I ever do that when it had a fraction of the content?

Anyway, total lack of care. The reason it failed is total lack of care. There was such fast turnaround on them saying "okay we'll make a wow clone" that I imagine it was probably talked about before the game even launched.

MOP is literally what made me quit wow though.

>Since theres no way to play 1.0 a lot of people see it through rose colored glasses
i wouldn't say it's like that for me, but the thing is there's nothing comparable to it today, not even a different game. wow is still wow. arr is now wow. and everything else sucks ass.

Attached: FFXIV_1306990775.jpg (1920x1080, 724K)

It won't. They they'll be hard pressed to do something new lest there's no point in moving on from xiv only to copy it all. In doing something new they'll lose everything that we liked and it will be a piece of shit. See ffxiv 1.0. The odds of a new mmo being reborn like xiv are not good.

The funny thing is that Hamlet Defense would fit right in in the current expansions, which are all about turning the tide against an allegedly overpowering foe.
One of my biggest gripes is that despite the fact that we're supposedly invading territory held by the Empire, or stomping through a world totally overwhelmed by Sineaters, neither of these groups ever appear naturally in the overworld. Not even during FATES.
If the Empire occasionally attacked that one Ala Mhigan town or the Sineaters actually tried to eat some sin it would go a long way towards making the world feel more alive and the conflict much much more active.

1.0 was the first time I seriously played an MMO. Probably did all the content ARR wasn't the same so I quit and I haven't played an MMO since.

>Tfw never gave it more than six months, and even then you were only ever on it for two of those six.

I still have my CE box set somewhere, it feels super bittersweet to know that I could've potentially had a grand time and made some friends...

>So at the end of the day, you had to make due with other forms of travel where you could.
i never hesitated to use anima for those sub-aetherytes. the only times i came close to running out were new patches with lots of fetch quest missions in a row

Attached: FFXIV_1339133595.jpg (1280x720, 439K)

We'll always be remembered as the crazies that fough the Void and the Garleans with whatever was close to us.

Attached: greatgoobwalluldah.jpg (1024x576, 212K)

>first mmo ever
>choose a dogshit one

Attached: 1544078763547.gif (600x329, 571K)

Because you have shit taste, it had great class design, great music, pandaria is beautiful place,great raids,timeless isles,challenge modes. XIV is pretty much MOP.

>mfw AST changes
What the FUCk were they thinking?
I'm not mad, this shit is beyond depression.

Attached: tranny.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Good now how are you gonna handle the toaster shitters?

t.ps4 player

FF14 1.0 sucked ass
I'm Legacy and when FFXI had better combat than 1.0 you know shits fucked.

Beautiful game but they should have copy pasted FFXI's battle system and things might have been fine

>Calling the lvl80 steroid "Neutral Sect" and not "Dawn and Dusk"
The biggest crime by far

Fuck, why did you have to type that and make me mad about it too.

This isn't a current xiv thread but a 1.0 xiv thread. Go make one if you want to shitpost.

On that looks legitimately terrible. Are they just beating up on a training dummy?

youtube.com/watch?v=ksBTlg24sVc

>not Dusk till Dawn
ngmi

>introduced thunderforging
>solidified dailies grind
>solidified lfr
>removed talent trees
>

Was there an actual endgame unlike FFXIVs tranny glam mechanics?
Swear to christ this shit feels like second life when you run out of MSQ, which in of itself largely blows and is made of fetch quests with emotes

lol

>SE forced the game to release 1 year earlier than it should have because they wanted to compete with WoW Catacalysm.
>It flopped, Tanaka got the privilege of being the fall guy and booted out of his own project, the rest is history as we know it.
sad and unfortunately, true

Attached: FFXIV_1305185081.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

What expansion are you in?

In 1.2, sort of. There are a few videos of primals and stuff in this thread if you want to look at it.
Actual 1.0? Not one bit.

That's just T9 with RNG and no floor markers

>couldn't even jump or ride chocobos
>s o u l

Like in any mmo they either aquire currency for a better computer, just deal with it, or fuck off and never play again, just like the old days

I want a giant beaver plushie.

Attached: JP20180818_md_003.jpg (400x533, 189K)

Not used to seeing the lack of flashing telegraphs and stack markers everywhere, eh?

>If you can read Japanese, Wada put out a book a while back and there's a whole portion where he talks about XIV and all of this, from his point of view. It's pretty interesting to read.
no shit! thanks for the info. what did tanaka say when he lied to the board? that i hadn't heard.

They butchered it so fucking hard. I loved playing as flowchart mage and deciding who to give each buff for maximum effectiveness. Honestly i blame metafags who are fucking retarded and think that extreme balancing to make every job perform the same in a game where its already possible to clear literally every single piece of content with any job combination is somehow necessary. Congratulations, now you'll have 5% smaller numbers on your parse at the cost of making one of the jobs extremely trash to play

>beaver

>Glad to see some people on this board still have standards. I'm not about to pretend 1.0 was good, but I'll take that game at its worst than Yoshi-P's uninspired World of Warcraft turd.
damn son, real shit

Attached: FFXIV_1334584159.jpg (1280x720, 273K)

ShB

lame

In some respects it wasn't much different. Endgame at the time was hard mode primals which fucked everyone's shit up, while Dzemael Darkhold and Arum Vale were the endgame dungeons. They differed in that they were massive and your time limit wasn't a suggestion, it was all you had to decide which bosses you were going to try to reach and fight. Arum in particular was fucking brutal compared to what it is now. Darklight armor was the endgamest of endgame gear.

>solidified
What a dumb meme reason, mop didn't give any special focus to them it just continued something that was introduced in the past expansions while improving everything else.
>removed talent trees
Talent trees were only good for leveling, it makes no difference at max level
>thunderforging
So what? it didn't impact MOP itself because they barely increased ilv

Funny you say all that after you said XIV is good modern WoW even if they have any talent tree to customize at all and lfr.

But no one wanted those changes, ironically you had non metafags defending those changes before ShB got released.

>you say
was my first post in the thread friend

Wow, I'd love to hear more of this book.

>these fucking animations
GIVE IT BACK

Attached: 1.0 ffxiv.webm (1024x460, 2.87M)

>The game engine was shit, though.
even if it was it's still better than ARR, any day of the week

Attached: FFXIV_1307274111.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

You type like a faggot.

You don't even know what a fucking engine does, you troglodyte.

Sure, I replied to a post saying XIV is a good version of modern WoW and I said it was MOP. If you don't think it's MOP what is supposed to be the good modern WoW expansion?

>This is when the server went down
based apocalypse

Attached: FFXIV_1351747331.jpg (1920x1080, 993K)

>character actually shuffles towards the seat, turns around and sits down instead of just teleporting onto it
my fucking dick

Do extreme trials until normal raids release Tuesday? Not even WoW releases raids week 2 of official launch.

Attached: 1556314377215.png (638x770, 77K)

>>Q: Will we see the return of unique item effects on gear, like Haste and Regen?
>>A: Yes, we plan on this being a feature.
>>Letter from the Producer, XLIII (02/15/2013)
>Thanks, Yoshida.
lmao what the fuck. this game has turned into a fucking joke. the devs are so lazy. latest expac is obviously a cash grab with very little effort expended

Attached: FFXIV_1335269635.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

I prefer combos, but lining up straight line AoEs felt good

There were open world dungeons that had Notorious Monsters with some requiring a full party to take on. Grand Company Trials, Primal HM and instanced dungeons. Instanced dungeons required like 5-6 runs to fully complete because it required you to take specific routes to unlock specific chests, fight certain bosses to unlock specific doors etc it was complex but fun since it never got old.

Attached: trials.jpg (1024x576, 177K)

Was 1.0 the last time a non WoW clone MMO had a chance at being mainstream? Does the fact that it failed mean that style of game is simply dead now?

Are there private servers for this like old wow versions? I would like to try it out to compare to ARR

It's been dead for a while. The old style might come back as mainstream at some point but don't expect it to be in your lifetime.

Did the overworld actually have monsters capable of killing you?

That's one of my biggest problems with this game, is how pointless the overworld is. Mobs do almost no damage to you, they're slow as shit, and they all have aggro leash ranges shorter than RDPS weapon ranges.

>what is supposed to be the good modern WoW expansion?
it's all same stinky garbage

>The biggest thing I miss was how it used to have XI-style stats on gear, and XI-style effects of stats on different actions. Like buffs spells were Enhancing magic which were influenced by VIT, so it was totally viable to run a VIT-heavy WHM with earth-elemental gear to pump out massive Stoneskins and Regens. Or the way the AF armor came with ability/spell-specific buffs like +potency for Regen. I also miss the old magic sound effects. They actually had a weird other-worldly quality. Why on Earth did they change them? There was a metric shitload wrong with 1.x, but they went too far in sweeping everything out the door for ARR.
totally feel this post. in 1.x i played conjurer with a DoT build. my DoTs were doing insane damage before they wiped those spells and stats from the game. i had to experiment to come up with that build and now there pretty much are no hidden builds like that anymore

Attached: FFXIV_1351743242.jpg (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Haha God no.

1.0 was NOT FFXI-like, it was going for some weird Ultima Online sandbox thing with some FFXI elements. The game only got FFXI combat and encounter design after they started to fix it. That is when FFXIV reached its peak. RIP

HW overworld mobs used to chunk you pretty good until you got to a high enough ilvl.

No, no one wants to play that garbage.

The game was just dumbed-down WoW. It's still dumbed down WoW, and WoW is fucking dumbed-down WoW. MMO's are pandering more and more toward a progressively stupider clientele.

>The entire item level system all modern MMOs use now is fucking cancer, it might as well not even be gear anymore because all that matters is your cumulative item level, not what the actual gear is
agreed, total cancer. gear is useless. the only thing that matters is what you have on within a short time of logging on after a while. everything else is totally meaningless. what's the point of that? not enjoyable.

Attached: FFXIV_1340485558.jpg (1920x1080, 597K)

Not used to the enemy literally standing still while a bunch of autists one him with sticks.

>1.0 apologists
What a world to live in

There were 2 "notable" variations of endgame.
>Pre-1.23 aka The Job Update
Endgame consisted of Ifrit spamming. You would farm Almajaa for tapers to take to Louisinoux to make the proper item to enter the Bowls of Ember. Instead of DFing into it you would then have to actually go into Thanalan near Drybone if memory serves me correctly and enter a cave to enter Ifrit. Down the line they did the same with King Moggle Mog where Treants would oneshot you if you didn't walk by them with its own currency being keystones that a Moogle would convert into entry tokens
>Post-1.23
At 1.23a and ahead you had Aurum Vale and Cutter's Cry, I think Dzha Hold as well, which dropped Darklight gear as better alternatives to your AF gear at the time. At that time you also had Garuda to deal with for "better" weapons and Hamlet to gather Beastmen Tokens that would start the Relic questline. Outside of that you really only had Darksteel crafting and hoping you could get 5 materia on it lest you lose the entire item 3 materia in.

Attached: 1.0_Sucker.png (804x460, 458K)

Very few people actually liked 1.X, and I can only imagine even fewer know how to set up a private server for it

They have always been there.

Attached: yup.jpg (1024x576, 207K)

No it means that the game was an utter piece of shit that maintained a small and very autistic playerbase through its aesthetics alone.
You can see the small and autistic fanbase getting riled up in this very thread here.

>Sibbolds Reach
All the shit you are saying is nullified completely by the weapon you are using in almost all of your screenshots. It's very clear you did not raid, do dungeons, or even touch the most basic of content because you were either too casual or too garbage to even do it.
The weapon was by far the worst thing in the game for any job. It carried a whopping -20 accuracy or some shit. Even the most basic giantsgal shit was easy as fuck to get and you couldn't do it somehow.

It's flabbergasting how anyone in this thread is taking your shit eating seriously, seeing how you were apparently god awful at the video game you love so much

what's the title of that book? i wanna read it but i havent found anything on his wiki page or on amazon or anything

based Tyrone Johnson
I fought him at the Grindstone before, cool guy

>I've been following various private server projects
please enlighten. what's the status? don't you need the game's server code? did anyone ever get ahold of it or something?

Attached: FFXIV_1334841444.jpg (1280x720, 437K)

>ARR still doesn't even have a fucking turning animation, mouse turning while standing still just rotates your character around in place.
Are you fucking serious? Even Dungeons and Dragons Online from like 2006 has at least a little waddle when you turn.

Fuck I had a folder full of images of the beta and I can't find it anymore. Game was a complete mess but there was soul in the world and it was ripped out before the game could become good.

Attached: FFXIV_13526204117.jpg (1920x1080, 981K)

I had my relic though? None of my screenshots are in order lmao

This seemingly simple situation of a guy running away from a mob before it can kill him literally never happens in XIV right now outside of Eureka. It's so fucking retarded, the game constantly sends you to fight clumps of mobs for quests but they L I T E R A L L Y cannot kill you unless you AFK next to them for five minutes.

Teleporting was a mistake.

>lost the computer that had my 1.0 screenshots with my now dead Linkshell
I really wish I wasn't a stupid teen at the time and actually saved them on something.

Attached: C_24NVxUMAAaK3S.jpg (746x1200, 141K)

>No it means that the game was an utter piece of shit that maintained a small and very autistic playerbase through its aesthetics alone.
That doesn't answer my question at all. I know 1.0 was shit, I was asking if FFXIV, not the game itself but the franchise backing behind it, was the last time a non WoW clone MMO had a chance of being mainstream. I don't give a shit about whatever fanbase war you're talking about.

how have they not put hamlet defense back in? it's bad enough that they downgraded almost everything about 1.x but the fact that they didn't even use the shit they already had developed is mind boggling

t. Botanist hamlet defense achievement veteran

Attached: FFXIV_1340860186.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

I think it kills so much of the feeling of travel as is though instanced zones doesnt help either but Anima as a currency system for teleportation was cancer.

>1.2 combat, gear, class design. Weighty feeling to your movement and animations with a lot of attention-to-detail
>Unique attack range/AoEs tied to classes so every class feels a little different and positioning becomes very important in solo v many encounters, like from pre 1.17
>1.0 extremely detailed and authentic world-building that isn't just "REMEMBER THIS FROM FF#??" and retarded looking mounts and minions.
>2.0+ servers and content production - with horizontal progression since gear could actually be interesting
>add a dodge/roll mechanic (with animation canceling) so we can dodge AoEs instead of gay running around circles and lines.
>add minimal amounts of in-combat gear swapping to encourage horizontal progression, but not to the level of FFXI autism. Just enough for a handful of sets.

Why couldn't we get it all bros? Why do we have to settle transsexual WoW?

>Dev went on record recently about wanting to improve the graphics but mentioning patch cycles being an issue of additional workload
I'm not asking for much friend, just increase the texture resolution for the models and decent AA.

Attached: 1540050337415.jpg (537x720, 66K)

>Look at 1.0 screenshots
>It looks like a world that people might live in instead of souless world of nuXIV

bros..

>I still have my CE box set somewhere, it feels super bittersweet to know that I could've potentially had a grand time and made some friends...

Attached: frens.png (746x512, 98K)

lol @ that pic. good times

Attached: FFXIV_1351747316.jpg (1920x1080, 981K)

>that's a nice game you got there.. would be a shame if somebody made it into your standard theme park mmo..

Attached: FFXIV_1341016654.jpg (1920x1080, 991K)

WoW has one positive and its that its design philosophy allows for casuals to jump right in without having to socialize at the level of XI. The systems are set in place to make everything easy for you and if its easier for the user the more likely its bound to keep them in the ecosystem. MMOs of old are no longer a thing since the unique bit of socializing thru said game has lost its uniqueness with how interconnected the world is.

>Monks get access to Chakra through use of Meditiation at level 54
>Up until level 62, meditation is the only way to gain Chakra
>Meditation is on the GCD so it can't be weaved into anything

Does this ability just act as a downtime button? I don't understand. Monk feels all over the place - Why do fists of wind and fists of earth even exist? I guess fists of earth could be decent for some raidwide damage soaking but even that is questionable. They also didn't get their gapcloser made into a charge attack...

Attached: 1354763338640.jpg (429x377, 41K)

>in 2.0+ major towns are exactly the same and the current iterations of each major region aren't tiled and flipped like they were in 1.X
>what a believable breathable world.... how could arrbabs ever comprehend?

Attached: 1563036355947.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>Dodge rolling
Fuck off, people have a hard enough time just taking 3 steps out of an AoE. We don't need every class turning into a DRG.

i was there when they changed blm into whm and vice versa, AFTER they were lvl 50

Attached: FFXIV_1333922051.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

>Monk feels all over the place

bro..

Attached: 1561685275711.jpg (428x424, 25K)

Attached: FFXIV_1340928332.jpg (1920x1080, 652K)

Replaced with FATEs but they all fucking suck.
Attack On Highbridge is the best FATE in the game and they never even bothered doing anything like it again. Not a single town in Shadowbringers gets attacked by hordes of Sin Eaters, it's retarded.

dodge roll is needed since if you have 1.2 combat, you can't just walk while using a weapon skill. Shit felt so much better, but made AoEs tough to deal with sometimes.

When 2.0 came around, did you enjoy the game recognizing you were a 1.0 player?
After 2.0, do they ever reference against that you're from 1.0? In HW? In SB? SHB?

The graphics, gameplay and player economy were way better than what people ended up with in ARR.
There was just nothing to do.
Unfortunate that they went the wow-clone route rather than making the game interesting.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ksBTlg24sVc
all you ARR-loving faggots need to watch this video to understand what you're missing in terms of animations and quality

>tfw I stopped playing FFXIV rerelease ver. after hitting the level initial level cap and maxing everything else out

There was no new content? Biggest mistake ever? This seems like the best game ever released. Ever.

Is there any point in levelling RDM to 80 if I've already levelled BLM and SMN? RDM gameplay is okay I guess. The fact that they didn't really give RDM anything from 71-79 kinda sucks and makes it pretty boring to level since there's nothing really to look forward to as you level up.

Attached: 1561427219127.jpg (1000x1340, 113K)

the only thing that felt good was the scene where Cid gets his memory back. They also did a little something for Minfillia, but they didn't put much effort into it.

Pure autism.

>You would farm Almajaa for tapers
I still have all my primal entry items and beastman currency. Even if it's been six years, I don't trust SE not to recycle them back into use. If they meant to do away with them they'd have just nuked them from everyone's inventory, but they didn't, and it wouldn't be the first time since ARR that something I held on to from 1.0 ended up becoming useful/valuable when it was re-added to the game.

That's the most annoying thing. The models are fine, don't give a fuck about them. It's the checkered stretchy textures that drive me fucking mad. Don't need anything crazy. Just make them stop looking like dithered shit any time you get close. Hell, not even all textures need it, it's mostly just certain armor pieces that are egregious.

>did you enjoy the game as a 1.0 player
To an extent yes but the constant streamlining of everything eventually wore me down and bored me of the path this game was taking. Heavensward story and expansion gave me hope for a bright future only to be tore down by the garbage that was Stormblood. Shadowbringers has a nice story but a very bland and bleak outlook going off the content design itself. At this point Im just here for Ishikawa and Soken
>references to 1.0
There are multiple in the game. One of them being the SMN quest itself referencing how you bathed in Bahamut's aether in the Battle of Carteneau itself.

>Was there an actual endgame unlike FFXIVs tranny glam mechanics?
>Swear to christ this shit feels like second life when you run out of MSQ, which in of itself largely blows and is made of fetch quests with emotes
the relic quest of 1.0 was legendary and will never be matched

Attached: The_Aurum_Vale.jpg (1280x720, 442K)

>was one of the first 50's
>had a static party with half the group being English and the other half Japanese
>first 50 in the entire game was Kimi Pastel
>after he hit 50 he logged off and never saw him again
>found his blogsite a few weeks later with all these screenshots

It hurts bros. We were partying for weeks. Game was shit but the times were fun.

Attached: Kimi Pastel 1.jpg (1216x909, 205K)

Yes, but that's more an issue of the timing than anything. The MMO audience that's left is either aged to the point where they're wagies or were young enough when WoW came out to be conditioned by it to expect a certain pace of progression and gameplay.

Your only chance to have a non-themepark mainstream MMO is a Sandbox MMO that would have to take off with zoomers and the streamer crowd, and you probably wouldn't be thrilled with the result.

I just hold onto them for memory honestly. My Linkshell of that time is dead and its the one thing we loved to farm. Also have the Coffer Keys from Ixali in that retainer alongside my Adder's Emerald Leaf for hitting max rank during 1.0. I'm actually sad they did nothing cosmetic for the GC items you get for maxing out a rank.

So no?

1.0 had a lot of problems, but everything after 2.0 seems to be consistently more lifeless than the last content, to the point that in the last expansions zones are just lifeless husks that don't even reflect anything going on in the world or story and there is less content every update.

>Like in any mmo they either aquire currency for a better computer, just deal with it, or fuck off and never play again, just like the old days
fuck yeah now that's what i'm talkin' about

Attached: FFXIV_1333503161.jpg (1360x768, 233K)

Armor and hair is it really.

Why hasn't there been a landmark title on the level of FF10, since FF10?

>headcanon
Kill yourself r*ddit tranny

Reference and

>Not used to seeing the lack of flashing telegraphs and stack markers everywhere, eh?
d'oh! wowcloner named 'n shamed

Attached: FFXIV_1335770725.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

1.2x
>Third AF quest more or less required a party and had a decently unique and challenging fights. Basically end-game before end-game, perfect Linkshell bonding. AF itself had unique stats that made it good to keep around situationally.
ARR
>Solo it. No unique stats like everything else. It's literally trash the instant you reach the dungeon after MSQ final dungeon. Eventually they made it so you could at least use these iconic designs for glamor I guess.

It was at this point I realized the soul was gone. Also when they nerfed the awesome difficulty of class quests after the beta.

>people defending less Job quests
>people defending less glamour options for GNB and DNC
>people defending same design and lack of unique dungeon gear
Story and music was great for ShB, everything else not so much.

It's a damn shame. I can only hope FFXI HD remake gets some traction from Ninja. Now that game had a lot of soul.

Huh. You know, that little line would be handy to explain why you eventually can summon fucking demi-bahamut
I was so pissed when the Summoner Job NPC didn't seem to react at all to me being able to suddenly summon Bahamut

Attached: 1447740901005.jpg (362x263, 82K)

>"Slow gameplay!!11!1"
These are the same kiddies that will defend Runescape and U:O to seem older than they actually are. All the best MMORPGs stressed preparation and teamwork over actual player skill.

Attached: cringe.jpg (670x680, 303K)

I find it odd so many people go into full defensive mode, even if you like that new content, why would you defend such a steady decline in the amount of content offered every update?

the fact that FFXIVfags compare their beloved game to WoW, of all things, is a fucking joke

Also a blast from the past. People were watching the race ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15044/anyone-level-50/3/

ARR and beyond:
>Every boss in the game's difficulty comes from a bunch of AoE circles/lines/tethers/etc that force the player to run around, separate, or run to a certain spot
>Has almost no interesting movement or positioning mechanics and tends to remove the few they do have. Just literally moving your character around.

Wow...

I wouldn't say many people are defending it. Of course XIV has problems, and there are many complaints on the OF and other forums about it too. That doesn't make SHB shit.

I have probably one of the largest collections of box turtles of any player in the game. I miss how cats used to be allowed to eat raw fish as food items, because it was hilarious to wander up to random people and start eating turtles while they all freaked out. Tarantulas used to be gigged items too, so they counted as fish.

I mean, you could just say you don't like mechanics-focused bosses.

The end of FFXIV was absolute kino. And it's a real shame that they're never come close to topping it, nor does any of it matter any more.

People who play MMOs these days for some reason absolutely hate the idea of having to form guilds, or play with other people. It's utterly retarded. Instead you just get games that are glorified facebooks, without any interaction, just showing off to one another in town.

>1.2x
>Third AF quest more or less required a party and had a decently unique and challenging fights. Basically end-game before end-game, perfect Linkshell bonding. AF itself had unique stats that made it good to keep around situationally.
That AF quest made a lot of children real men

Attached: bh.jpg (1024x576, 307K)

The Tempest is singlehandedly better than every single copy-pasted 1.0 zone combined you fucking faggot.

Attached: 42543.gif (196x150, 996K)

I think the game's fanbase as a whole is insecure about any criticism leveled at the game. I think they need to understand that no game is perfect and that eventually given enough space any service will try to provide less if it means getting the same money in return.

1.X:
>All of that shit except twenty times slower and you couldn't move while attacking

not even close. maybe if you dilated you would see why you're wrong.

the only thing i like better about 1.0 is the font

So is it Direct Hit no matter what for all tanks sans WAR?

Attached: 542.jpg (320x400, 18K)

damn, it was so good.

Attached: FFXIV_1340575641.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

This expansion DOES feel smaller than Stormblood, oddly enough. I like Shadowbringers but it's not perfect.

More or less, though GNB is thirsty for skill-speed too.

you got any more of these?

For GNB I'm assuming it's a 60/40 split of DH/SkS?

What did 1.x bosses do that was so unique? Most MMO boss mechanics are as ancient as EQ, they just get presented differently.

>Uh oh adds spawned
>Uh oh tank buster
>Uh oh tank debuff
>Uh oh boss AoE
>Uh oh raid wide damage
>Uh oh tethers
>Uh oh soak puddles
>Uh oh no aggro table
>Uh oh hard enrage
>Uh oh soft enrage

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but you get the point.

damn it was so good bros it just had so much SOUL bros you know bros the soul and graphics bros

1.x had literally none of that stuff. Maybe some contextual circles, but nothing like 2.0. Meaning you weren't really dodging AoEs so much as picking good positioning to start with.

With GNB it's kind of either/or, you can go full DH or full SkS. Gnashing Fang's cooldown is affected by skill-speed.

1.x had better class mechanics and design, with abilities that were actually interesting besides building up some tacked on meter.

>why would you defend such a steady decline in the amount of content offered every update?
I'd have to acknowledge that's actually the case if I were to defend it, and it's fucking not looking at whole expansions from the outside. Each one of them's given us new things to do or new areas to explore along with the typical vomiting out of dungeons, 24-mans, three four-floor raid tiers and relic grind.

>He's willing to defend shit like the Black Shroud and Limsa to feel like a snowflake
Goddamn. Of all the things you could choose to exalt about 1.0 you chose the absolute worst.

Attached: 35324.gif (353x353, 951K)

Thought it was SkS/Crit?

I missed Ul dah banter, you thought everyone would just idly craft their days away but you often had times when two people were going at it.

Attached: shm.jpg (1024x576, 140K)

>Was 1.0 the last time a non WoW clone MMO had a chance at being mainstream? Does the fact that it failed mean that style of game is simply dead now?
sadly my dude, that is entirely the point of this thread. it's fucking sad but no one is even trying to push the envelope any more

Attached: FFXIV_1305193491.jpg (1920x1080, 739K)

This game is pretty bad
I am 50 hours in and I just finished the main game's storyline and it was 70% filled with fetch quests
Also the fact that people cry about WoW rotation being simple when FFXIV raids can be literally beaten blindfolded on high difficulty is baffling (As a DPS)

What annoyed the most however are the invisible walls around the fields that wouldn't let me explore or jump off cliffs etc. Reduces a huge part of the open-world feel

Very very very start of the expac so crit's effects aren't potent enough to be worth slotting for. Maybe another raid-tier or two in and crit will hit hard enough to outweight Dhit.

>but don't expect it to be in your lifetime.
lol goddamn that is dark
>Are there private servers for this like old wow versions? I would like to try it out to compare to ARR
*ahem* I believe now is the time for FFXIV CLASSIC

Attached: FFXIV_1305184667.jpg (1920x1080, 773K)

Slow down there friend, everyone universally agrees that ARR sucks shit but after that it's only uphill from there

Shieeet well I used all my cracked clusters on Crit and SkS materia so I'll just wait until it's easier to get materia 8.

nightmare

Unironically this

>FFXIV CLASSIC
Laughingyoshi.jpg

>Did the overworld actually have monsters capable of killing you?
dude if you strayed off the beaten path on the maps you would get raped in 1.x

Attached: FFXIV_1335182700.jpg (1280x720, 513K)

Bruh, they don't even have elemental weakness and strengths any more.
The game is casual as shit, there's no coming back from that.

not that poster but I just finished the snow land place and recovered the magitek ship, am I about half way done on ARR story?

Also story trials aren't necessarily raids nor are they intentionally difficult

>FFXIV raids can be literally beaten blindfolded on high difficulty is baffling (As a DPS)
and how would you know that? do you unironically believe the crystal tower counts not only as a raid but as "high difficulty"?

1-3 level BLM next
4-7 level SMN next
8-0 level GNB next

It had good world-building. The combat was terrible and it had no real encounters, not to mention the painful tech limitations, but the world was fucking good stuff.

>understood enough of the question to know where he was going with it before it was even translated to him and started laughing his fucking ass off

Attached: 1547017524768.png (242x242, 65K)

I dont get when people show 1.0 screencaps like I'm supposed to be impressed. ARR looks just as good and actually runs well, I'm not zooming in all the time to admire fairly mediocre additional details that chugged the game to a crawl for most users.

The 1.0 black shroud says hi.

I think I'll go 60/40 since I'll be using DRK too.
Good idea or nah?

>while the gameplay was good
It was a broken mess like everything else

Attached: f098e85050-1486729885525.jpg (640x559, 67K)

What's even supposed to be difficult in the game?
All the dungeons and trials are easy as shit.
Are you telling me they have like 80 dungeons, but only 4 of them are supposed to be vaguely challenging?

The only real difference is that the fights were RNG based for the most part. Memorizing a whole video of a fight would only teach you how to deal with the mechanics and you would always know when to expect what at a certain HP %. In 1.2x everything was RNG, you know that it could do X mechanic but you never knew when and with what it would follow. There were often times when you would have to deal with 5-7 mechanics at the same time because you either DPS's too much, were to slow or someone failed to do something. The current community wouldn't be able to handle this sort of system considering how easy-mode this game has become.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Attached: 1546880036703.png (212x221, 11K)

Sounds like it'll work to me.

Nigger you didn't play 1.0 if you are saying the gameplay was good.

Yup you're basically on the road to HW now

Pfft cmon even WoW got rid of resistances eventually, honestly what I enjoyed more was having to level up different classes to unlock certain jobs like Warrior needing a level 30 MRD and 15 GLD iirc

So is pretending one of the worst MMOs in history was good the new Blizzshill astroturfing technique?

Attached: slep.png (336x336, 179K)

80/20 mix of shitposting and genuine nostalgia. 1.X did have its virtues even if it was a fucking dumpster-fire that the current XIV team doesn't even like talking about.

>black shroud
Honestly, black shroud had a certain appeal since it really felt like you could get lost in it. The problem is that there wasn't anything inside it and good help you if you couldn't just teleport where you needed to go (this applies to all the zones though).

If you haven't done the quest titled A Realm Reborn yet, you're not close. After the final dungeon of 2.0, there's the whole 2.X saga and it's long. Has a nice payoff at the end though when everything comes together and leads into HW

Current EX and Savage is when the game gets "challenging."

1.0fags basically XIV's dude vanilla fags

I've heard that FFXIV is an absolute slog to get into, no matter how good the expansions are.

Every day until reddit leaves.

Attached: 1562348227263.png (978x592, 311K)

ARR's not great but it's not abhorrently terrible either. It does feel like a grind after you've hit 50 and you're just trying to get the hell out of 2.X.

Beta from 9 years ago with better textures than an expansion released the other week.
Yikes.

Attached: 1283633349.jpg (1920x1080, 877K)

>GUYS NOOOOOOO STOP ENJOYING THINGS AHHHHHHHH I HATE REFERENCES TO ANYTHING NOOOOOOO

ARR's long, but it's not that bad unless you're just restless to get through the content as fast as possible. It's mostly just kinda standard

So, what, like 98% of the game is just easy mode?
What the fuck is the point of that?

>not liking CT x eScape
You are not a chicken tender ready to fry faggot

I wonder if its possible to restructure the ARR main quest chain like DBZ Kai and still keep the story coherent

The amount of model stealing FFXIV does (especially to FFXI) and the general lack of truly original monster designs which are not references is borderline criminal.

Genuinely looks the same as 2.x+ but the lightning and models textures are slightly better. The Japs love with console MMOs still astounds me.

you've heard right.

Pre Heavensward content/story would be roughly a 4 or 5/10 at best, HW a nice 8/10, SB 7.5 (worse story/setting, slightly better content), Shadowbringers 9/10 (all around great).

Hello welcome to mmos.

yeah and it ran like shit, and was mostly copy paste bullshit. I'll take intelligently designed textures so the world has personality and people can actually run it smoothly.

Attached: 1548101896105.png (978x592, 325K)

They need to do a supercut that allows new players to actually get past this shit.

>Hello welcome to mmos.
Really just a recent trend since WoW got popular, desu.

There are a couple busted WIP ones, but all you can really do in them is walk around and empty map

based oldfag

Like every MMO with expansion updates? I don't understand, are you trying to argue that the game is shit because old hard content isn't relevant anymore? It's still there and there's always other people who might want to run it, but it's not relevant anymore.

MNK feels terrible to play in PotD compared to other jobs, is it better in real content?

Attached: 1498596973215.png (600x713, 341K)

Game from 9 years ago was also so bad it almost killed the company. People who go endlessly about "but it looked much better" are honestly morons who don't realize you can't have the same graphic quality in a mmo than a mostly single player game without massive performance issues.

I wouldn't even say 1.0 looks substantially better than ARR and beyond, especially when you consider that it ran worse

> Ran like shit.
Maybe on potato computers. But this meme only really exists because people with shit computers were trying to run it.

you can easily delete a lot of filler quests, such as fetching ingredients for titan feast or getting the wrong elemental crystal needed to get through Garuda's tornado.

>really just a ''''recent'''' trend since 15 years ago
mmos have been like this more than they haven't

PotD is fucking horrible for any job with positionals or long cast-times, it feels way better in normal content.

Yno

Attached: 1560943017956.jpg (1200x848, 136K)

it did look substantially better
and i even ran it on a fucking shitty laptop with integrated graphics and it ran and looked just fine.

i think ARR looks like garbage compared to 1.x and i never even played it maxed out

the only thing in ARR that's better graphically is the lack of the bloom effect imo

>MMO's are pandering more and more toward a progressively stupider clientele.
sadly i have noticed this too. read some of the shit people say on the blizz forums nowadays. total embarassment to society. like flea market dwellers complaining about the lack of air conditioning

Attached: FFXIV_1322300173.jpg (1920x1080, 591K)

>15 year old game
>recent MMO trend

Attached: 1544316048190.png (283x276, 32K)

I think the elemental-crystal shit for Garuda can get pruned but Shadowbringers shits on the Titan feast Ardbert complains he got sent on a retarded runaround for ingredients too so now that's there forever.

Sure, but the fact it's been 9 years and they haven't beat it is fucking pathetic.

>and i even ran it on a fucking shitty laptop with integrated graphics and it ran and looked just fine.
1.X? No you didn't, fuck off.

>ran on a shitty laptop with integrated graphics and it ran and looked fine
Now we know you're completely full of shit and retarded.

You can still just delete the quest chain and when Ardbert says that then newer players will just think 'oh he gets shit side quests just like we do' instead of thinking specifically about the titan quest.

yes the exchange is somewhat weaker but they shouldn't let lore get in the way of gameplay enjoyment

> They fell for the 1.0 ran bad!!! meme.

The only fags who couldn't run 1.0 are people who were used to their shitboxes running WoW and didn't understand that you can't take a 6 year old PC and expect it to run a newly released game at highest settings.

>Leadened Bootshine
>Requirement: Dragon Kick in Opo-opo form
>Can be done every other rotation
>100% Crit if done from target's rear
>300 Potency

>Six-Sided Star
>Requirement: None. But Doubles your current skillspeed delay whenever used.
>Can be used whenever available
>400 Potency

>Tornado Kick
>Can only be executed with MAX GL stacks
>Removes all GL Stacks on use
>330 potency

??? YoshiP ???

Classic fucking zoomer idiot. Congrats on making me angry enough to respond to your idiotic diarrhea.

We'll go home some day, lads. FFXI remake is on the horizons.

I remember the beta forum for XIV were filled with really good suggestions and ideas and Yoship ignored absolutely everything in it. The moment i saw them removing cool things like visible belts, unique stats on equipment and miqote ass nerf I knew this game wasn't going to be what many wanted.

Attached: yh.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

No.

Pic related is shadowbringers job satisfaction, Red is love/like, blue is dislike/hate

Attached: ffxiv job satisfaction.png (970x704, 106K)

That'd be Brayflox's Longstop gone too since the reason you're there in the dungeon at all is part of the ingredient quests. Titan's questline has too much stuff tied to it, both in the moment and much later on, to be excised or trimmed very much.

It looks fine enough for the most part, especially considering they had to throw ARR together on Luminous while 1.0 was still going, and I still think it looks fine outside of some dumb shit like Hien's low-res robe for no reason.
It's not amazing, but honestly, all these images of 1.0 aren't really wow-ing me either and I don't know why people keep posting images like I should be impressed

yes i did
of course, HD resolution wasn't really a thing on laptops back then

Attached: FFXIV_1331156719.jpg (1280x720, 403K)

Mate, no, you did not run XIV 1.X on a laptop's integrated graphics. Stop.

Attached: 1555384387961.jpg (604x436, 59K)

>This seemingly simple situation of a guy running away from a mob before it can kill him literally never happens in XIV right now outside of Eureka. It's so fucking retarded, the game constantly sends you to fight clumps of mobs for quests but they L I T E R A L L Y cannot kill you unless you AFK next to them for five minutes.
lol, i know. when i heard they were doing that and making them die fast for QoL i was like for real?

Attached: FFXIV_1305194799.jpg (1920x1080, 836K)

Tornado Kick has been 430 potency the entire time it's been in the game but has never had it's tooltip corrected for some reason.

Regardless you don't use tornado kick ever now unless the boss is about to die or is about to leave and you won't be able to maintain GL with SSS+Anatman+Riddle of Earth

Again we now know you're full of shit and retarded. Integrated graphics just released in 2010 and were complete and utter garbage, try again.

you didn't play it at all so why don't you just shut the fuck up about things you have no knowledge of

> They fell for the 1.0 ran bad!!! meme.
Even SE cites 1.X's poor performance, you expect me to believe you magically ran it fine with on-board graphics?

Attached: 1560302845680.jpg (184x184, 13K)

>reddit

>people would rather have that god awful fucking combat then what we have now, especially when it could barely run even on high end pcs.

>Integrated graphics just released in 2010
lmao what

I only play MNK in content outside of deep dungeons, which I only play RDM in. MNK, and melee in general, just fucking suck in deep dungeons.

You lose your buffs and shit between every pull, when you go deeper you can't start DPSing until mobs are pulled to a safe spot while ranged can start annihilating them immediately, and you have too much ramp. SAM is okay because of its burst and it's resources DO stay between pulls, but the ideal DD party is 3 RDM and a tank.

RDM is just too fucking powerful for that style of content. It can emergency heal and rez, kite, burst, and resource keeping between pulls.

PS4 isn't the problem. The majority of PCs running this game are probably less powerful than a PS4.

>You should be able to do stupid shit like fall off the Sea of Clouds and plummet down somewhere in Coerthas.
They would have rewrite the engine *again* to accomplish this because of the way zoning workks.

It doesn't sound like you played it either.

I can't believe SE fell for the 1.0 ran bad!!!! meme! 1.0 had so much soul running flawlessly on my laptop!

it could have been so much more

Attached: FFXIV_1331932197.jpg (1360x768, 403K)

Neither did you with the nonsense you're spouting.

i literally just posted a screenshot i took myself on my laptop
shut up faggot

>>Look at 1.0 screenshots
>>It looks like a world that people might live in instead of souless world of nuXIV
>bros..
i feel you

Attached: FFXIV_1305180784.jpg (1920x1080, 738K)

> People who didn't play the game telling somebody who did how it ran.
I had a 560Ti and a 2600K, I ran it maxed at over 60fps. Get over your meme.

Which one?

Let me rephrase that, integrated graphics were getting to the point of barely acceptable by 2010. I'm tired as fuck and reading this dipshits posts is making me retarded.

Honestly the ShB zones are so full of detail that seeing these 1.x screenshots of flat grasslands and grey crags upsets me. Zone design has genuinely never been better. Do wish I could have wandered around pre-calamity Coerthas.

>I had a 560Ti and a 2600K, I ran it maxed at over 60fps.
Cool, but that's not what "integrated graphics" means.

you know what was so cool is how over time, they began to add outposts to places that were just wilderness before
like the world was changing as you played

and not like a gay themepark with a rooftop around every corner like it is in 2.0

>Pre ARR combat
stop

youtu.be/aO5A0QNiuJs?t=28

>Tfw have MNK, BLM, PLD, and AST as my mains
Is this judgement on how it plays at 80 because im not there yet
MNK and AST actually didn't feel outstandingly painful but the way they made BLM flow really is something else.
I'm mostly frustrated at how with AST you have to coordinate cards to cast a Divination spell that take so long to refresh it can only be cast once a bossfight, and if you ever use it on trash inbetween bosses you never use it during the bossfight itself

That's nice but we're referring to the integrated graphics part of that post.

You’re retarded, outed as a gray parse fag. Even the Ronkan set alone gives you TOO MUCH SkS.

that's not me

the point is you all don't know what the fuck your talking about and xiv ran just fucking fine unless you were literally trying to play it on a ti83 calculator or some shit

Looking back how shit 1.0 was... I did miss it. Even though I did wish I had a decent PC at the time when I played it... But my potato ran it well for the time at 10-35+ FPS on a single core CPU with 1GB of ram and a 8400GS lol.

Attached: FFXIV_1314089590.jpg (1024x768, 393K)

>>that's a nice game you got there.. would be a shame if somebody made it into your standard theme park mmo..
lol.. that rat bastard!! fuckkkkkk uuuuuu u yoshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!111!11!

Attached: FFXIV_1308553556.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

Well, nigger, I didn't run integrated graphics, so, how the fuck can I tell you what runs what?
But, I can tell you that I ran Skyrim at medium on the 2600K's integrated graphics.
I don't think running FFXIV at lowest on a low resolution is inconceivable, the game ran just fine. You'd know if you played it.

Why do you type like an autist

Somebody please queue up for chrysalis

it's based on how they were changed/added to (or had things removed) from their Stormblood kits to Shadowbringers.

Elaborate?

kek

The fuck are you even talking about then? No one replying to that post mentioned how it ran horrible, just that the claim that it ran integrated completely fine is complete bullshit. Get your head out of your ass.

Unironically the best post on Yea Forums in months

this looks better than 50-80% of boss fights post-ARR, not to mention more interesting in terms of weapon skill use and TP management.

i just want decent fucking textures
like fuck, give us graphic options if you need to cater to toasters

Does heaven on high actually give exp at 70 or do I have to find something else to get to 71

It just looks like a slower version of the ifrit fight that's already in ARR

lol

>I actually thought the Lantern Shield would have a fucking lantern you could hang from it, and people laughed at me for that
Do you not know what an actual lantern shield is you fucking idiot?

It's not bullshit I literally played it nonstop and I even posted a screenshot. here's another one

what do you get out of spreading lies? and spouting off about shit you know nothing about? how fucking butthurt are you? i don't get it

Attached: FFXIV_1345401063.jpg (1280x720, 288K)

Attached: laughs.gif (264x240, 2.37M)

How is it a proof you retard?

>Even the Ronkan set alone gives you TOO MUCH SkS.
Unless there have been some massive changes to how skill-speed calculates its effects on the GCD that should be a mathematical impossibility that GCD/OGCD moves begin to clip with one another or any other undesirable effect. Unless you mean something like "my moves go fast and don't line up with trick attack anymore", in which case parsetrannies need not apply, I'm rollin' around at the speed of sound. Got places to go, got to follow my rainbow.

Attached: 1557211542417.png (1086x681, 308K)

do castrum abania, best exp option for 70-71

1.0 was a dogshit game and your nostalgia blinds you
go ruminate somewhere else

>When 2.0 came around, did you enjoy the game recognizing you were a 1.0 player?
>After 2.0, do they ever reference against that you're from 1.0? In HW? In SB? SHB?
dude it was like a slap in the fucking face. for instance, at the very end of 1.x they patched in the very last story boss and fight. it was insanely hard to beat and probably only like 1% of 1.x'ers even finished it. the reward was an earring with regen on it, the first time the stat was seen in the game. a few weeks later the servers shut down for 9 months. when they came back on, the stats had been wiped from the necklace and it had been turned into a vanity item you could trade for an asswipe's amount of grand company currency. that was the first and the last thing they did for original players, besides ensuring that our hard-won relics became permanently obsolete. pic related

Attached: white ravens.jpg (1488x639, 291K)

how is it not?

are you going to tell me my own fucking specs of when that screenshot was taken and prove me wrong or something?

Your entire rotation should fall under no mercy. At 2.4s GCD it barely lines up, if you go any faster you’re just cucking yourself unless you can get like 4000 SkS somehow lol. Some nigger did the math on that tranny balance site and it’s sadly accurate.

> Actually look like a party of adventurers.
> Now it's 4-player party of a tranny cat "girl", a childless 32 year old woman who's wearing "What she thinks looks cute. ^.^", some guy who doesn't realise crafting gear gives different stats to combat gear and the guy who's here to try it out after getting bored of WoW.

What the fuck happened?

Okay? And you think the combat mechanics of the characters are the same? The new version of FFXIV doesn't even have TP anymore.

Well clearly, I mean how the fuck are we supposed to know if that screenshot was taken on laptop?

We're just talking about looks, man.

How can you possibly say that 1.0 maps are better than ARR? Are you fucking blind and mental?

>When 2.0 came around, did you enjoy the game recognizing you were a 1.0 player?
FUCK no. I really made my opinion known on the forums too. A lot of 1.x players did about how the new game was absolute dogshit and they hated all the changes. The meme back then was they said everything was "working as intended." We were blindsided, really. We had no inclination or warning that YoshiP was planning on making the game into a shitty WoWclone. We thought we were getting an engine update and QoL stuff, not a total overhual in fundamentals.

>After 2.0, do they ever reference against that you're from 1.0? In HW? In SB? SHB?
I don't remember because I literally stopped being invested emotionally in the game whatsover after 2.0. I mean I still play it and like it well enough but I just do not care about it at all even on a level that the story matters to me. They changed too much from 1.x and the game I actually liked. That's just me though.

Those players would have taken the same options that modern players do if they were available at the time, don't even pretend.

let's not pretend TP wasn't a resource that existed only to make physical dps hate themselves in trash pulls or stop certain jobs from stacking too much skill speed

>The graphics, gameplay and player economy were way better than what people ended up with in ARR.
>There was just nothing to do.
>Unfortunate that they went the wow-clone route rather than making the game interesting.
2nd'd. 1.x had ample amounts of that elusive SOUL

Attached: FFXIV_1340876278.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

This was as close as you could get in the beta.
Nobody knew what it was exactly. We assumed it was going to be kinda like Jeuno.

Attached: 1283719074.jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

Your dogshit game almost killed square.

And thank fucking God for that, we can actually AoE now. Melee attack resources are fucking retarded.

because it's only fucking 1280x720 and that was the best i could get it to look and perform why don't you fucking add 2 and 2 together you fucking mongoloid

I didn't like 1.0 but by the end it was a great game.
I don't defend what it released as AT ALL

There's a reason it wasn't an option, and why it not being an option is a good thing.

by the end of 1.x's life it had been 'salvaged' from a 3/10 game to a 5.5/10 game

WHEN IS THE HD TEXTURE UPDATE
IM TIRED OF SEEING CUTSCENES WITH OUR CHARACTER THAT LOOKS OUT OF PLACE AGAINST A FUCKING PS2 JPEG

That was actually FFXIII's gay ass engine which in turn fucked up both FFXIV and FFXV development

Also, it wasn't the game's fault.
It was Wada's fault of insisting to release a game that was in a pre-alpha state thinking it could compete with the WoW expansion and that word of mouth wouldn't spread instantly that it was an unfinished piece of shit.

They literally took a decade to make ffxv there's no reason xiv couldn't have taken more time to be made into an actual game before being released. But Wada.

and 2.0 was supposed to fix that, but sadly, it didn't.

wow it's almost like TP (and combos, etc) used to be a good mechanic before ARR and beyond.....

No I'm pretty sure melee resources were fucking retarded back then too.

and ARR on release was 6/10
and ARR now is 2/10

>So no?
so yes the endgame fucking rocked of 1.23. the "endgame" of ARR is a joke where you are locked out of shit and have like 7 other people total you can interact with while you try to get shit that will be insta-obsolete in a few months

Attached: FFXIV_1342775120.jpg (1920x1080, 635K)

> 1.0
> Level for a bit. Get to level 25 or something.
> Need new gear.
> No vendors sell gear beyond basics.
> Have to find a craftman, and commission gear from him.
> Watch as he spends the next hour putting together this piece of equipment.
> Offer to pay him handsomely. He refuses to accept, and tells me that the experience was all the payment he wanted.
> Wear that armour, knowing it had been forged with friendship.

It's not the same world any more guys.

It's an entirely different system.

>Run out of TP clearing trash packs
>Other DPS is a caster without Goad
>No TP restore potions
>Sprint drains all TP and only negatively affected Melee and Tanks
Die mongo.

damn

Attached: FFXIV_1333920681.jpg (1280x720, 277K)

Honestly I don't understand why you think that it proves anything. You could have had 720p monitor or some shit or even scale it down in paint to "prove" something.

ARR was a 7/10 game that's transitioned to an 8-8.5/10 game with shadowbringers

I can understand (but not agree with) people who preferred 1.x style of gameplay being unhappy with ARR+ style of gameplay but ARR has only ever improved over time i genuinely don't see how you could argue differently

This unironically looks way fucking cooler than the budget DDR match version of the fight that current Ifrit is.

Honestly, all this thread convinced me of is that 1.Xfans are actually crazy and also autistic

A lot of nostalgia fags out here today.

It's funny how you guys want 1.0 back but the company does not want to at all. I'd take their side any day over nostalgia goggles that just refuse to cloud over because B-B-But it was soooooo much better in the old days!!!

All right i'll bite.

In what ways does it look cooler?

Honestly think I'd enjoy current XIV much more if it captured that feeling of party of common adventurers instead of clownsuit chosen ones. But that's more on the community instead of the game I suppose.

well im not as an autistic retard as you are so i don't have the time nor inclination to do such dumb shit as that. take that information as you will.

ARR is and always was shit made for literally lobotomy patients to be able to excel at and still is to this day

He's talking about the graphics. Mind you he doesn't know that all the fights does is just standing in line the whole match.

I don't think anyone is saying FFXIV ARR should be removed in favour of 1.0
But, it's fair to say that FFXIV ARR would have been a significantly better game if it had stuck to its roots and not gone down the casual WoW-theme park route.

>well im not as an autistic retard
I wouldn't agree with that considering you are defending 1.0.

I'm viewing the iterations from new player's perspective. ARR right now is absolute dogshit meaningless slog for a new player. it's the epitome of "dude the game gets good after 100 hours when you get to heavensward"

why hasn't anyone made a mod that puts 1.0 textures into current XIV?

>But, it's fair to say that FFXIV ARR would have been a significantly better game if it had stuck to its roots and not gone down the casual WoW-theme park route.
Nah. 1.0 gameplay was shit. Deal with it nostalgia fag.

>1.0 had a lot of problems, but everything after 2.0 seems to be consistently more lifeless than the last content, to the point that in the last expansions zones are just lifeless husks that don't even reflect anything going on in the world or story and there is less content every update.
i don't even think i am going to bother with this expansion. i will just wait 2 years for the next one and then get this one bundled in. there really doesn't seem to be anything worth paying for and stormblood was retarded

is a little soul too much to ask for?

Attached: FFXIV_1336230167.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

I want 1.23 back honestly.
By that point in the game crafting and melding was the funnest shit ever, which of course 2.0 completely gutted.

Be nice to have a toggle to disable other player's glamours.

>trust me guys, 1.0 ran on a silky smooth 60 fps on my integrated graphics card laptop back in 2010. p-proof? here's a 1280x720 screenshot. FUCK YOU YOU'RE THE AUTIST!

amazing

I never "defended" it all I did is tell you the setup on which I played it and you fucking sperged out.

why would you run of TP if you were playing well?

Gameplay doesn't have much to do with overall direction and theme-park nature of a game. But, okay kid.

what roots? being broken beyond repair?

>Why hasn't there been a landmark title on the level of FF10, since FF10?
because they kicked sakaguchi out of SE so kitase and nomura could sperg out for the last 20 years without accomplishing anything. kicking tanaka out, while he had his issues, didn't help either

Attached: FFXIV_1339323532.jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Think about where you would even get the 1.0 textures from and you have your answer

How can somebody be so smoothbrained as to not appreciate the Shadowbringer zones?

i never said it was "silky smooth" but it was sufficiently playable and had sufficient graphic fidelity

someone post the screenshot of the actual lowest setting of 1.0 that looked like doom.

i mean if you guys get hateboners from believing in lies about 1.x that's none of my business. you do you.

AoE eats TP regardless of how well you play

Graphically it does look cooler. But otherwise it seems like a steady fight rather than the ADHD fuckfest that all the fights try to be

Because AoEs were expensive numbnuts, Christ it's like talking to fucking luddites about a lamp.

>not having an old copy to rip

>It was at this point I realized the soul was gone.
yeah that was pretty lame. i just can't play what it has become

Attached: FFXIV_1349624699.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

we don't have hate boners, we're laughing at the delusional 1.0 fags, and you're the crown prince of them

The loading screens.
Seriously, how is it acceptable to get away from loading screens 9 years ago, and then go back to them again?

>muh bad nostalgic graphics equals soul
every time with you dipshits

It's not hard to find your posts in this thread.

>I can only hope FFXI HD remake gets some traction from Ninja. Now that game had a lot of soul.
is this a thing? i've always said they should do that

Attached: FFXIV_1336436978.jpg (1280x720, 253K)

SOUL
WOW
SO MUCH SOUL
SO MUCH GRAPHICS AND SOUL
WOW I'M CUMMING FROM HOW MUCH SOUL THERE IS

fun fact: 1.0 textures weren't even that high resolutions, however, the normal maps where much higher resolution than the color texture and that's why it looks so much better than ARR now.

ok sherlock im shaking in my boots

>except for the graphics
what

if you compare the extreme ifrit fights ARR's looks significantly better. 1.x has better textures but the particle effects are all absolutely atrocious, compare any of the explosions.

playing well as a physical melee dps on trash pulls meant blowing through all your tp in 10 seconds then still using aoe attacks when get enough TP because even with the downtime it was more damage efficient to do so.

god why do the textures have to be so garbage now

>All the best MMORPGs stressed preparation and teamwork over actual player skill.
and that's one reason why shit's all retarded now. ff ARR teamwork is basically:
>watch a video before raid to memorize your DDR part
>do your memorized DDR part when the bright colors flash on your screen
>don't step on the wrong tile and fuck up your whole team's DDR dance step total score you fucking fuckup
>wait 7 days
>do it again

Attached: FFXIV_1339564717.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

By the magic of instanced zones and 1.X having retardedly simple level-geometry.

>1.0 autismo is still at it
you retards are nostalgic for literally anything that isn't available anymore no matter how fucking dogshit it is, aren't you?

1.0 was GARBAGE. It was bad. Not bad by ARR standards, not bad by XI standards, not bad by WoW standards. No, it was so bad you couldn't even MAKE the comparison. The biggest flop in SE history and with good reason.

Fucking hell just look at how much SOUL this gameplay is.

This is the fight I want. Just standing in one position like that.

>Also a blast from the past. People were watching the race ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15044/anyone-level-50/3/
nice!

Attached: FFXIV_1348054139.jpg (1920x1080, 754K)

If it was so good why did they have to remove subscriptions just to have someone playing their game?

>hurrrrr knowing a fight instead of autistically preparing for two weeks is bad
go play EVE if you want spreadsheets

Nigger, it's been 9 years, the game has gone from looking good to looking like a PS2 game sometimes.
I'm sure they can figure it out.

and also the shaders
i don't know
i remember at e3 or some fanfest or something yoship gave a speech and in his presentation BRAGGED about how the lowered the poly count of models and i'm like...it's fucking current year, you shouldn't be adhering to polycount norms from fucking 2006 still...but they are.

but i get it, it had to run on ps3. they will never fix it now because they're just lazy and there's no incentive to.

1.0 did not look good, stop trying to force this retarded meme

>ARR and beyond:
>>Every boss in the game's difficulty comes from a bunch of AoE circles/lines/tethers/etc that force the player to run around, separate, or run to a certain spot
>>Has almost no interesting movement or positioning mechanics and tends to remove the few they do have. Just literally moving your character around.
>Wow...
dude for real and you know what's sad? the very first dungeon in 1.x, darkhold, way more fucking fun, had way better mechanics, hidden mechanics, terrain to take advantage of, and was legitimately pretty hard with a pretty challenging sub boss many people didn't even get past. i'd rather play that than the type of stuff you're describing

Attached: FFXIV_1344910369.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

1.0 looked good 9 years ago.
ARR looks trash 9 years later.

>1.0 had to put a blue filter over areas instead of having actual nighttime lighting
oh nonono 1.0bros what do we do

You're not quite grasping how simple 1.X's geometry really was.

Attached: 1535376969848.jpg (2048x2048, 257K)

stay mad 1.0cuck
shadowbringers is gorgeous and not made from copypasted megablox

>and in his presentation BRAGGED about how the lowered the poly count of models and i'm like..
Context: it was a reference to the potted plants that had as many polygons as fully-armored player characters

>>ARR and beyond:
>>>Every boss in the game's difficulty comes from a bunch of AoE circles/lines/tethers/etc that force the player to run around, separate, or run to a certain spot
>>>Has almost no interesting movement or positioning mechanics and tends to remove the few they do have. Just literally moving your character around.
>>Wow...
>dude for real and you know what's sad? the very first dungeon in 1.x, darkhold, way more fucking fun, had way better mechanics, hidden mechanics, terrain to take advantage of, and was legitimately pretty hard with a pretty challenging sub boss many people didn't even get past. i'd rather play that than the type of stuff you're describing
You know you don't have to greentext the whole post everytime you reply to someone

Yeah dude, fractal patterns. So simple.

I don't think you could have chose a worse example.

1.X did not have a jump button because there was nothing that required vertical movement.

i miss that blue filters it actually makes it look like nighttime. it mimics what happens to your eyes irl. in the dark, colors are less discernable

it's an rpg. you build your character, you buff it with consumables and spells and then let the character do the work. if you want player reflexes to dictate the outcome there's plenty of sports games to choose from.

God that looks like a NIGHTMARE

>he wants the game to play itself
go play XII then

SOUL baby. Oh yeah.

Yeah dude. Looks it.

Attached: ffxiv.jpg (2560x1440, 600K)

while 1.x was cursed with copy-pasta, the actual terrain that was being copy-pasta'd was fairly complex and multi-layered.

>Forest is a series of corridors and small fields
Uhhhh

yeah, and that was fine.
they changed the character models for the worse too. i'm sure i don't have to tell you about how asses were totally flattened. also miqote used to have special armor that fitted their tails. now tails just clip through and look like shit.

Serious question to the retards going on about how much better 1.0 was. What the fuck are you getting out of defending and outright lying about a 9 year old game that failed for many valid and well documented reasons?

looks a million times better than the absolute garbage that was 1.0 aesthetic

>That AF quest made a lot of children real men
xD

Attached: FFXIV_1340268136.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

Uhhhh

Attached: 1550070326069.jpg (2048x1575, 231K)

They also just completely removed belts. They used to be a visible component of armour, and they just decided that's too much work and so got rid of them entirely.
It's frustrating how lazy these japs are.

the same thing you get out of pretending you know anything about a game you never played

>yeah, and that was fine.
Fine? It most certainly was not fine that inane background details like potted plants has as many polygons as a detailed player-character. How many layers of irony are you on?

looks like SHIT
kill yourself you nostalgic retard

>1.x had literally none of that stuff.
agreed, 1.x required skill not memorization. there were countless ways to approach situations in combat in 1.x, not one predetermined set of actions that must be taken

Attached: FFXIV_1350787217.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Answer the question instead of getting mad.

>the same thing you get out of pretending you know anything about a game you never played
Wow this reply has so much SOUL
Look at all this SOUL

belts had models?

it was fine. ran fine for me and looked nicer than ARR does now.

fuck ps3fags

>Zone is made up of squares like it was rendered on graphing paper
Uhhhhh

> THE GAME DEMANDED A 560TI TO RUN MAXED! OH MY GOD, THE POTTED PLANTS!!!

Lol. Sorry dude, PC gaming requires you to spend more than $200 on a system.

>
>
.x had literally none of that stuff.
>agreed, 1.x required skill not memorization. there were countless ways to approach situations in combat in 1.x, not one predetermined set of actions that must be taken
That sure sounds like some Soul

>1.x had better class mechanics and design, with abilities that were actually interesting besides building up some tacked on meter.
amen2that brother

Attached: FFXIV_1332048029.jpg (1360x768, 298K)

i don't think he's defending that m8

you're talking right out of your ass

yeah, belt was just like any other piece of gear back then.

uganda-tier optimization is great, it keeps the casuals and poors out :)

>
.x had better class mechanics and design, with abilities that were actually interesting besides building up some tacked on meter.
>amen2that brother
Yeah, I agree with this soulful post

They had models, and even a bit of physics to them.

The SOUL guys.

and they all looked fucking bad just like wow's belts
trying to design armor around belts is a massive design limitation

i did.
the same glee you got out of making the post you did. i feel it too.

Honestly, if you can't afford a 560Ti, you're basically Ugandan poor, so, yeah.

>i did.
>the same glee you got out of making the post you did. i feel it too.
WHOA, Don't give him too much Soul in one post, bro

I can't believe this thread even exists right now. Is this a joke? You newshits need some better material because 1.0 was hot garbage

Attached: 1562107132974.gif (224x224, 395K)

Not all of us have easy access to mum's credit-card.

Looks absolutely fine as long as you didn't make retarded fantasy armour.

>Bruh, they don't even have elemental weakness and strengths any more.
>The game is casual as shit, there's no coming back from that.
it was a sad day in gaming when they pulled that

Attached: FFXIV_1305180711.jpg (1920x1080, 795K)

>>Bruh, they don't even have elemental weakness and strengths any more.
>>The game is casual as shit, there's no coming back from that.
>it was a sad day in gaming when they pulled that
I agree. Very unsoulful

You're so delusional it's unbelievable.

>not wanting retarded fantasy armor in FINAL FANTASY

You type that posting the Nael Van Darnus fight, which was literally just doing the same 2 patters over and over again. There was no "skill" it was memorization and stacking on top of each other with a party full of bards or mages, because melee had no place in the shitheap of a boss battle

you're right, i'm actually not as passionately butthurt as you are.

why don't you go post about a game you actually like and let us nostalgiafag in peace instead of being a faggot?

>you're right, i'm actually not as passionately butthurt as you are.
>
>why don't you go post about a game you actually like and let us nostalgiafag in peace instead of being a faggot?
WHOA BRO hitting him again with the Soul Bomb. You're like Goku or something bro