Its op

>its op
is there an easier way to spot a brainlet?

Attached: 34F94A91-96E6-4247-8AC0-1269B1324890.png (542x305, 104K)

BxR is broken anyway

Some how i still forget that the assault rifle isn't in halo 2

brainlet spotted
it truly is the easiest way

I prefer the Carbine anyway.

Yeah, they think Halo is good.

Wait, really? How the fuck did I forget that too? I played that shit way too much when it was in its hayday.

Attached: 1552259013982.png (512x518, 443K)

name two flaws

Attached: 58F63905-AC82-4919-810E-0DFEFCE9FF24.jpg (655x1024, 33K)

Attached: 1555367317166.jpg (442x429, 60K)

BRs made Halo 2's campaign much more fun than 1's

You're characters movement speed is too slow to throw off the aim of opponents and your only alternatives are to come to a complete stop so you can crouch spam and pray that there is a chest high wall within 2 meters of you or Simon Belmont leap and lock your momentum for such a long period of time that it might as well just kill you when you press the button

>not playing halo 2 PC and using energy swords for mobility
found the shitter

It's absolutely OP you moronic piece of shit.

Firstly, just for the sake of arguement, let's ignore exploits like BXR, doubleshot, etc, and just focus on the BR in Halo 2 as it exists as it was intended.

The gun still totally centralizes the entire weapon sandbox: It's effective at both up close, at mid range, and at long range, it has a fast time to kill, landing consistent bodsyshots is piss easy and headshots, while taking some skill at a distance to land consistently, are doable even for an average player. Somebody using an SMG or plasma rifle, either single wielded OR double wielded, has no chance of winning an engagement past a few feet, and even inside that few feet the BR user has a chance of victory. The Needler can only kill BR users if the needler user is able to flank them and get off a decent amount of needles and have them travel a good distance prior to the BR user spotting them, and the pistol isn't doing shit unless the BR user is already weakened. The Plasma pistol can't even kill on it's own in Halo 2, and while it can augment the SMG and magnum, and to a lesser extent the Plasma rifle, to make them more effective, it makes you easivly visible, and, again, if you get spotted first while not nearly at point blank range you are fucking done.

In SMG starts, matches pof Halo 2 litterally turn into "who picks up the BR's first wins" because the other team just gets picked off before they get close enough to engage the BR users, and with BR starts no weapons other then power weapons ever get any play becausw the BR shits on all of them aside from MAYBE the carbine... except now the BR also has BXR and doubleshot so it shits on the carbine too and is situationally even better then the shotgun up close.

Even in Halo 3, 4, etc, or the DMR in Reach, where they aren't as stupidly broken as the H2 BR, they still are absurdly versatile and overly effective given the low skill floor they take

1/2

Its OP and always killed faster than its AR counterpart, even with a missed burst.

but thats wrong

Attached: AE605D6D-3EB4-42F3-8571-823CE8ECB8E1.jpg (744x563, 252K)

Blowing your way through the flood in halo 1 with the assault rifle was fun as fuck, since you could carry tons of ammo and it fired like a minigun. Halo 2 let you dual wield the smg though so it's not like one is better than the other in that aspect.

dub and quad shots are op after rank 30 in h2 you needed bxr/bxb and dub shots

He's right though, any 1v1 scenario not involving power weapons in Halo is determined solely by who shoots first unless one player is a drooling retard who can't land headshots or isn't using a magnum/BR/DMR.

>brainlet outs himself
learn weapon roles

Attached: 4FF332CC-875E-42ED-8EE3-62BE1DD8E25C.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

cont:

It is litterally, unrionically easier to do well with the BR/DMR in eveyr Halo game then it is tpo do well with the SMG or AR for anybody but the most braindead of players.

The ONLY Precision/utility weapons in Halo's history that actually come close to taking enough baseline skill to justify their versatility is the CE and Halo 5 Magnum (PE TU). Landing consistent headshots with the magnum in CE is something average to even above average players will struggle with and the other guns in the sandbox have enough of a unique, defined role they are useful in that the sandbox is reasonabl;y balanced and, except for highly competitive high skill players, the Mangum is not always the best weapon for the job aside from niche situations. However, even in CE, even for average to above average players, even if you can't land those 3 shot kills, the Magnum is still OFTEN the best gun for a given situation, to the point where it STILL centralizes the weapon sandbox arounds it to an arguably unreasonable degree.

the Halo 5 magnum pre TU is similar: It's not trivial to land consistent headshots with, and more importantly, the rest of the sandbox is generally more effective then it unless you can land those consistent headshots. The AR is better up close and while not great it, can engage at a distance, the BR and other precision weapons are generally superior at mid range to long range, the SMG and storm rifle are super effective up close to the point where ot's worth giving up their range, etc.

Of course, MLGfags whined, had the autpos nerfed, had the BR/other precision weapons nerfed, so now Halo 5 is a magnumfest and you really never have a reason to not use the magnum other then power weapons, though the rest of the sandbox is still decent, unlikje, say, in 2 or 3 where the non power weapon no precision weapons were just shit, but there's no reason to use a "decent" gun even if it's good in isolation if the magnum can do it better.

2/3 need one more

play the game man cause thats actually wrong

This weapon is fairly balanced.

Attached: H5G_Render_M6DMagnum.png (1000x1200, 597K)

I did and thats what I saw, if I got the drop on someone there is nothing they could do to stop me from putting 3 bursts into their head unless there was a piece of cover within 4 meters, or a teamate/superior weapon to out DPS me

In each game they're both in which is better between the AR and SMG?

>bro if hes standing in the middle of nowhere and i sneak up on him he doesnt stand a chance, see??
holy fuck

Attached: 400A484D-2CC8-4093-9710-0276421F9D14.png (646x579, 320K)

In conclusion, the way Halo apprpoaches it's weapon balance with designing the sandbox around a single versatile weapon that's the primary gun for killing is fundamentally broken and inherently requires a given game's sandbox to centrealize around it and limit most of the game's guns to gimmicky casual play. It's not even how Halo was meant to be designed: CE's magnum was as good as it was due to an accidental last minute code change, and Halo 2 was just infamously rushed and scrapped together in 9 months. Had CE's magnum taken 1 less shot to kill as intended (hell, perhaps even 2), then the sandbox would be nearly perfectly balanced aside from the needler being a piece of shit.

Yes, Halo DOES need a versatile, highly skill rewarding weapon players spawn with to avoid the Halo 2 SMG starts situation, to ensure that if another team gets all the pickups, the team ewithout the pickups can still use their starting guns to kill the pickup users if they are skilled enough, but that doesn't mean the rest of the sandbox has to be shit, and it ESPECIALLY doesn't mean that that utility weapon you spawn with needs to be the best gun for killing for most plkayers: if anything that role should mean that it's BAD in most situations unless you are a god tier player, but is USABLE in all situations, and if you ARE that god tier playter you can turn the tables with it.

I could go on, but i'll leave it for now

3/3

The H2BR shits on other guns even inside of their own roles, and even if it didn't, thopse roles are so niche and the BR is so brsaindead easy to be effective with vs those other guns taking way more effoirt to be successful and not even rewarding skill much, that you are actively PUNISHED for not using the BR at nearly all times in Halo 2 MP.

Either actually address the points I raise, or go choke on your own dick, you absolute fucking wastes of life have been ruining the Halo seriews's weapon sandbox for nearly two decades.

Its almost like the majority of Halo maps are dominated by open spaces or something. Granted comp matches from what I have seen seem to only feature claustrophobic CTF maps

It's true though. You obviously didn't play enough Halo. If you ambush someone you will kill them 100% of the time barring their team intervening. Why the fuck do you think competitive games were literally entirely reliant on team play with player skill being an effective non-factor?

it is op in halo 2. There is no point in using another weapon, save for power weapons

AR > SMG in terms of damage and range

The AR always, since dual wielding was a mistake.

>player skill being an effective non factor
except in halo 1 and 2

This wouldn't be an issue if all the other weapons weren't pieces of shit because of being balanced around dual wielding

It was, because it was hard to use. Anyone who says otherwise has only played the shitty Gearbox port.

I'm speaking specifically of Halo 2 here since that is what most people consider its competitive heyday. Assuming all players in the match were capable of executing tech like double/quad shot and BXR/BXB then the sole determining factor was who had better team play. Skill wasn't really a factor, but then again, it's pretty much impossible for that to be the case in any console shooter.

>ODST removes dual wielding
>all guns are actually useful again
Halo 3 should have removed dual wielding, but then everyone would throw a shitfit.

>Yes, Halo DOES need a versatile, highly skill rewarding weapon players spawn with to avoid the Halo 2 SMG starts situation, to ensure that if another team gets all the pickups, the team ewithout the pickups can still use their starting guns to kill the pickup users if they are skilled enough, but that doesn't mean the rest of the sandbox has to be shit, and it ESPECIALLY doesn't mean that that utility weapon you spawn with needs to be the best gun for killing for most plkayers: if anything that role should mean that it's BAD in most situations unless you are a god tier player, but is USABLE in all situations, and if you ARE that god tier playter you can turn the tables with it.
you answered your own question but then
>halo does need a versatile weapon
>that should mean its BAD in most situations
i dont think you even play halo, you act like the halo ce magnum and the h2 br and button combos take no skill when the opposite is true, they dont make the rest of the sandbox useless you just dont know how to use anything but the br

Attached: 32D03EB7-4719-40F4-B9CC-7DF98E1BF51A.jpg (512x512, 287K)

are you saying button combos, good aim, and good teamplay dont take skill?

No because the button combos are easy to execute and good aim is irrelevant in a console game where aim is done for you.

>doesnt even play on console
why do you even have an opinion on this game when everything you say is wrong?

they should have just made default br starts

sure every other gun in the game could have been buffed

the solution was not to nerf the br as it was extremely satisfing to use

retard

FPS on consoles doesnt matter, Halo CE/2 are the only ones that matter for this reason

At least from my experience (especially with Eldewrito) BR starts also have problems. Mainly just everyone already starts with the best weapon and then begins sniping with it. Really 343 should do some balance chances for Halo PC because keyboard and mouse was never meant to mix with the BR. It's just too easy and centralizes the entire game.

if you never played with a controller you cant say it doesnt take skill

>if you never played the version that aims for you then you cant say it doesnt take skill

The only thing that was ever actually OP was the CE pistol which ironically also made it the most balanced game of the series.

Doesn't Halo 2's PC port still have bullet magnetism?

you cant say it aims for you when you’ve never played it

Not that guy but Halo 2 has heavy auto aim like all other console shooters. You don't need to play the game to state this fact.

BR is op in BR matches.
It's fine if it's limited to being a mid tier pickup.
I genuinely don't know why so many faggots just want BR and Sniper modes, ALL THE TIME.
They ruin the game, because they are op as a primary weapon. If they are map pickups, they're fine.

Get this faggots? Stop spamming BR and Sniper game types.
And please stop fucking only playing BR and Sniper game type servers on El Dewrito for God's sake.
This is the exact shit that killed Halo CE back in the day.

i know this but that does not mean aiming takes no skill

>the br killed HCE
You mus be 18 to post here

BR is OP in all game types barring heavy. As a map pick-up it just becomes whichever team gets it first wins (as unlike power weapons they spawn in quite a few spots and fairly frequently).

SEETHING

SMG starts are the fucking worst you're fucked if anyone picks up any power weapon or BR

cope

I do play on console though, when the game is exclusive to consoles, like any sane, non-poorfag does.

adsasa

or use cover like everyone who plays halo dumbass
not every game has to rely on spastic movements to avoid being shot like all the zoomer shooters these days

based

It's not OP, but it is boring. Maybe one of my least favorite guns for just how absurdly utilitarian it is.

Oh sure, I could use this plasma rifle or this 32 round assault rifle that looks rad, or this weird uranium gun or this needle launcher, or I could use...

Hitscan burst gun that kills like four bursts at usual engagement distance.

The Halo 2 BR is too effective and too versatile even at an average player's level of skill, anjd other guns in the sandbox are both not versatile enough, aren't effective enough, and have too low of a skillcap/ceiling to be worth using in like 99% of situations.

Is the SMG, Plasma rifle, etc in Halo 2 litterally useless? no, you can still get kills with them, but you are [utting yourself at a massive disadvantage by trying to use it aside from in very specific situations that compose maybe like 1-2% of kills in a given game.

it already centralizes the game on console, it's going to be a fucking disaster on PC.

It is in the MCC remaster version. Just mp though, no campaign.

Halo has always been more about grenade bouncing than straight up aim duels.
go watch any competitive halo match. there's grenades fucking everywhere.

arena shooter DNA shining through

dasd

they usualy show themselves