Why does FF8 have such shit art direction? What do you even call this style and world? It's so generic and nothing

Why does FF8 have such shit art direction? What do you even call this style and world? It's so generic and nothing.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (220x215, 19K)

oh yeah cos vii's art isn't ugly

It's the best. I like how you call it generic but can't even think of a name or way to describe it, kinda disproves your point.

ff8 has a lot of problems, the art direction is not one of them.
It definitely isn't generic.

What do you even call this style and world?
Its obviously based of of Europe (does Deling City remind you of anywhere in particular?)
Even the characters look like they belong on a 90s French class instruction video.

ff8 is underrated

Not OP, onyl thing with the art is I feel it doesn't blend with the system limitations that well. Still looks good mind you, but didn't quite find the sweet spot that Tactics, 7, and 9 did in that regard.

true

Attached: thetruth.png (1280x1920, 2.51M)

FF8 is better than 7

you just see the ukiyo-e influenced style and syncretic French shit as typically Japanese. it's a little bit derivative, I know what you mean. but I want edea to stab me with her ice spear.

>hurr durr everything that isn't over the top weabo looking shit is bad

I bet op ships naruto and sasuke

>I really like 8 and 15 aesthetic
>they're both known as rushed and wasted potential
>I'll never get another final fantasy like it
Fuck

Attached: 1538018609033.jpg (1080x1080, 140K)

Reminder that Seifer is Ultimecia

>gets beat by squall
>wants to get dicked by squall
>becomes a tranny
>becomes a soceress to get his attention
>squall dies of old age and seifer lives on
>masters time magic and wants to go back in time to get the Squall dick

Attached: seifer = ultimecia.png (1238x1318, 1.99M)

This is a covert post by an FF9nigger.

FF9 is the most generic, overrated and forgettable FF game out there. The objectively worst part about the game is it's artstyle. Definitely trying to attack FF8's artstyle to district form FF9's ugly monstrosity.

Attached: 1473632098791.jpg (883x800, 212K)

Yikes

The only thing I think look weird are the monster designs which feel out of place, they look a bit goofy right alongside the more realistic but stylized characters and environments.

>What do you even call this style and world?
whatever

I don't want a GF because she'll give me alzheimers.

FF9 is techinomagical school anime in European motif

It says a lot about FFVIII's story that pretty much any random fan theory is better than what we actually got.

>Cloud (somehow) thinks he was a completely different person because of some Mako exposure
AMAZING
BRILLIANT
SQUARE DOES IT AGAIN
>Squall and co. can't remember each other (meeting as children no older than 4 or 5, and never growing up together) because of some GF exposure
TRASH
HORRIBLE WRITING
WORST FF GAME EVER

Seriously.

I bet the original art was really good. It just turned to shit when they shrunk and compressed it.

Who was in the wrong here.

Attached: FF8_Norg.png (671x858, 257K)

hey what's it like being the most insufferable contrarian faggot i've seen on this board in days

I dislike FF8, but I still think it's a great-looking game.

What's wrong with it? And how is it generic? Show me a single game that looks like FF8, aesthetically, before or since it's release.

I have always thought that Cid was in the wrong.

cid was a weaselly fuck. I don't blame him for trying to salvage his one big investment after some dipshit mercenaries fail an assasination and bungle into holding a knife to a presidents throat on tv. SEED was a mistake.

original