Why don't you love Penelo?

Why don't you love Penelo?

Attached: bow chika wow wow.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

i'm gay

She's somehow more pointless than Vaan.
Her biggest role is being a damsel in the first few hours, then Larsa just lets her go and she does nothing for the rest of the game.

Without her, Larsa never meets the team and has no incentive for aiding them.

Attached: 1503077098639.jpg (804x394, 131K)

Okay but that doesn't excuse the entire rest of the game. She could have accomplished just as much as an NPC.

her feet look weird

You could make her an NPC and literally nothing would change

If only she didn't have a pancake ass.

actually the game would be better if they did that

I would've been better if Balthier was the MC from the start. Cause he literally acted like one.

She looked 1000x better in the post credits why the fuck didnt they go with this design

Attached: 05D72674-4CC0-4E1F-AA6B-FED056B0D3F4.jpg (479x287, 21K)

imagine being a brainlet and this easily influenced

Because she's ugly

Based peneloposter.

she was boring, just like Vaan

Attached: tumblr_inline_ot9dxyY33K1t9mqf1_540.gif (540x540, 2.51M)

Why would I care about Penelo when both Fran and Ashe are hotter and more interesting characters.

Whatever you say, Balthier.

Attached: D6YIYMiVUAA0zyx.jpg (614x900, 97K)

Why would i love an image when i don't even love myself?

Attached: 1519103106923.jpg (720x1280, 195K)

>cloths are textured onto her skin
how am I supposed to get off to this

Why are her eyes the same color as her flesh

I'M CAPTAIN BASCH

Attached: file.png (781x587, 656K)

Stop crapping this board with waifushit please, thanks.

How about you put your trip back on, Marielx

Attached: 9c734d54a9a6bbcf0a369b9c1b1fdda67bee8ed87ac48d4ab7c7a2e44ef81911.jpg (800x1114, 181K)

>final boss literally says "who are you?" when the party shows up

Attached: 16+seconds+in+and+it+sounds+like+someone+turned+into+_031a2ee46d07a5335d78bbedd8b922f4.jpg (326x251, 15K)

>semi-realistic face doing stupid anime pose
that pose only looks normal if the artstyle is proper animu like Tales or Atelier
this looks like shit

Go be gay somewhere else

ok where is fran

They did go with that design, for the sequel. Not that you played it.

Attached: Penelo_RW_CG.png (1016x2739, 1.28M)

my gf has a realistic face and does that pose all the time

Haven't played XII before but got TZA a couple of days ago. Haven't started quite yet, but is it true you can break the game pretty easily and have it play itself? Also are all-jobs runs worth it or is it just to say you are using all the jobs?

Attached: 6cf0e415db940cf6fbe34f033cfa4754.jpg (1241x1870, 1.02M)

Cause she's ugly and has a shit body and retarded name

i want some Penelo Pee

T U M M Y
U M M Y
M M Y
M Y
Y

I'm sorry, what?

Attached: Penelo_RW.png (608x948, 433K)

Tasty tummy

Attached: 3423bc07cdf60ace6d09393d6f6f0c4b.jpg (1708x2481, 1008K)

Jeffrey Epstein face

Her big dumb boot things look utterly ridiculous. Total boner killer.

Attached: 200a.gif (267x200, 1.84M)

>Stupid hand-held sequel with otherwise shit graphics gets the sexy outfit that clearly doesn't include panties
It's really not fair.

Attached: 8e5839a36a5b52af8dcba9c52a31c1c2.jpg (661x934, 227K)

>He doesn't like the FFTA spritework
You don't deserve the hellish-to-get true ending.

Revenant Wings was weird, never got around to beating it

>never got around to beating it
Good luck. Having done it myself, it is truly an arduous experience to actually get the perfect ending. There is no easy way through it, you must persevere with tireless work constantly.

TZA is broken by default unless you actively gimp yourself.

I made my Vaan a red mage since cancer is my star sign but all the suggested guides say I've fuck up. Should I reset or is this game pretty easy?

This, Penelo has more value to the team as a whole from this one action than Vaan does the entire game. He's the most useless of the group

>Penelo

Attached: image.jpg (960x640, 105K)

Because she's as useless and inconsequential as Vaan.

They wanted to present the story from a third party perspective with Vaan and Penelo representing you looking on in.
It succeeded, in a way.
But that doesn't change that they're so pointless to the story that you could literally remove them with no consequences, and screen time to pointless characters are just a waste of the audiences time.

She's the worst girl of the party members in XII, she's given a shit outfit until Revenant Wings, but she's actually pretty cute (and has a cute tummy). I like Penelo, but Unfortunately she was in Fran's game.

Attached: FFTA2_Penelo.png (793x984, 516K)

Vaan is good at literally everything and TZA is on the easy side unless you actively go out of your way to limit your options.

Attached: FFXII for dorks.jpg (1293x1728, 908K)

FF12 was the hardest version followed by IZJS then TZA after a powergap of casual shit.

FF12 gave the entire board to every character meaning it took you significantly longer to max out your characters compared to the mini boards in IZJS, and TZA gives you TWO mini boards.

1 mini board makes you, if I'm not mistaken, more powerful than the entire job board did in FF12. And you'll have it maxed out by level 30ish if I recall correctly. This also means the game past that point will be pretty boring because you won't be progressing your characters much. TZA giving you two boards is fucking retarded, the game becomes a joke.

IZJS also rebalanced the game to make it overall easier despite characters being stronger, in case you fucked up with your jobs somehow(is that even possible?). TZA made the game slightly easier on top of that with sick rebalances with casuals in mind.

PC version probably has mods to make it hard, but at the very least it has mods to fix the job board.

TZA also looks pretty bad visually outside of the 60fps. I'd recommend just playing IZJS but that's just me.

Attached: Bomb.webm (960x540, 2.64M)

Attached: bucket.png (420x315, 155K)

Do you at least like Balthier, then?

The main differences between IZJS and TZA are
1. One board vs two boards
2. Removed effect limit

The second one is a massive buff to magic users globaly since in the PS2 versions of XII, high level spells had the side effect of delaying a lot of things because the game couldn't handle too many of them at once.

The game's difficulty is about the same otherwise and if you want to play IZJS mode, all you have to do is simply not use the second board in TZA. It'll actually be slightly harder in some instances.

The Switch version added some extra stuff so the difficulty is something like this
XII > IZJS/TZA (PC/PS) > TZA(Switch/Xbox)

Ashe is by far the worst from begining to end she only do one thing, repeat im the princesse is my duty, the end of her character, penelo at least takes decision and evolve beyond just a sexy plot device

I remember something else about difficulty in TZA though

Penelo barely does anything, Ashe actively develops over the course of the game, reflecting and mirroring Vaan, who serves as her foil and role model. I love all the Ivalice Alliance games and Penelo is entirely tertiary to the plot in FFXII.

I'm actually doing a playthroguh right now that's PoS (Procure on Site). The only things I buy are Gambits and Bazaar items. It keeps the run fresh as I'm constantly switching out party members when I find new and better gear. it's needlessly challenging, but the game is too easy otherwise.

The two boards is the main difficulty slider and why TZA is a lot easier. Certain jobs were balanced around you not having access to other things. Now you can do silly shit like get 6 spells off one esper with Red/Shikari or Black/Knight just being dumb because its good at literally everything.

Her lips are almost as pale as her skin. It's so creepy.

That dad almost beat the shit out of him lole

Obvious bait penelo reflect and mirror Vaan, all the decision he takes is because penelo's the voice of reason of the groupe, Vaan would never have the guts to go on an adventure and later become skypirate if not from penelo's maturity and selfconfidence facing new threat

Because I already pledged my heart to Ashe.

She's also the strongest stat wise in the game she's just perfect

Because she adds nothing to the story like Vaan, apparently she was supposed to be related to one of the Judges but they scrapped that and made her just the childhood friend with a personality of a wall, remove Penelo and the story doesn't change nor is it impacted in any way

8x speed, 2 boards, magic queue thing, and something else like a rebalance

No, Vaan acted of his own will at first by drawing on his hatred of Archadians due to Reks dying. Vayne being given ownership of Dalmasca prompted Vaan to raid the palace for treasure as a middle finger to Archadia, leading him to steal the Dawn Shard, leading Balthier and Fran to pick him up and get him involved with the plot with Ashe and Basch. Penelo then is picked up later and serves as the party's initial link to Larsa, but beyond that her role ends.

And that's pretty early on in the game. She could be dropped off back at Rabanastre and very little would ultimately change.

The objective worst class is time battle mage
And people find machinist and uhlan a bit pointless but they absolutely have some great uses. Uhlan spears hit flying enemies and hit harder than knight would earlier in the game until knights get great swords. Machinist is just a good all around ranged support, their damage is fixed so even the weakest character does the same damage as your strongest. Their guns peirce and ignore defense stats.

Why time mage sucks ass: Time magic has really really low accuracy, as in you will miss more times you hit (it fills like a 40% hit rate). Once you get the indigo pendent (makes status magic 100% hit rate) then time mage is good. Time mage is really good for your second job since it gives 3 swift lores. More swiftness, more fast you attack. Knight Time mage is a pretty common combo, as is white mage time mage for an ultimate support character (time mage gets reflect abilities and haste/hastega for buffs)

In general, good combos are melee + magic, but try gamefaqs and whatever is offered here. A really sp3ctacular all arounder is shikari + red mage. Lots of general magic and a great dps with good evasion. Lots of health for tanking as well and all 3 swift lores. Magic from the red mage gives lots of cc like sleepga and darkga, and supportive magick as well. One of my fav combos for sure.

Increased speed was in IZJS so that doesn't really count as a major difference. The monsters are about as difficult in every version although TZA did revert some spell ranges back to what they were in vanilla XII.

Best Main character in their respective game
>Ff3, Refia
>ff4, Rydia
>Ff5, Galuf
>Ff6, Edgar
>Ff7, Barret
>Ff8, Squall
>Ff9, Quina
>Ff10, Rikku
>Ff12, Penelo
>Ff13, Sazh
>Ff15, Prompto
(except when he harasses you with what picture you want, than it's Gladio)

it was only half as fast so now you can grind twice as fast making you overlevelled twice as quickly

I would have to replay the game but i still remember Penelo saying the wisest shit at the most inexpected moment Even making Fran and Balthier look like doofus in comparison

>Knight Time mage is a pretty common combo
More people run Knight/Samurai or Knight/Black Mage since Knight wants to be paired with a job that gives magic lores and mystic armor for the excalibur/white robes combo along with enhancing its heals. I like Black/Knight in particular since it scales really well over the course of the game and you only really lose a bit of hp and holy (which is terrible) from not choosing Black/Monk. Third swiftness is mostly irrelevant because mages have animation time issues.

Time Mage is usually paired off with jobs that either have nothing better to do (Uhlan/Foebreaker) or Monk (Its actually a really well rounded healer and loves getting access to heavy armor). Black/Time is also really good for casters as well. White/Time is good on paper but its kind of crappy in practice imo since it overloads one character with too many options that could be spread out a bit.

Shikari/Red and Shikari/White for that matter are good yeah.

Vaan does his stuff early on while Penelo just helps him out for a bit and gets kidnapped because she got the handkerchief from Balthier.

>Needing to grind in a game as easy as XII.

Or you can just powergrind Dustias for an hour and breeze through the game until you get to the Stilshrine of Miriam and let the game auto-play to grind to level 99, or get to the Henne Mines and quick powergrind to level 99.

>playing JRPGs for any other reason than to kill shit

Grinding and then blowing enemies up in one shot makes it boring.

it doesn't feel like grinding if you're doing it orders of magnitude faster than normal

Unless you have an army of machinist

Yeah samurai knight is uber broken when you get to boost excal.
I kinda like white mage uhlan just because you can do a boosted holy lance, but in general knight is the better dps tank.

I also prefer black mage monk for not having to use summons tiles for getting curaja and i believe arise. Might be remembering arise wrong. End game my black mage became a panic support that could full heal my party and full heal the dead. Really saved my ass when fighting ol zodiark.

Beyond that i love shikari white mage, lots of heals but no one can hit ya heh.

Doesn't matter user. Its not the same as working up to it naturally over the course of the game and blowing up everything in your path at the end.

Knight is always going to take Mateus/Hashmal so it doesn't really matter what you pair them with but Black/Knight is better imo since it gives Knights an actual anti-air and aoe option while Black Mages get to do something against magic barriers/palings. I don't bother with Arise since any of the dedicated item classes basically do the same thing with phoenix downs at the end with 0 charge time.

Also, Monk really wants to be in melee and pairing it with Black Mage makes that never happen like ever, so that was another reason why I didn't like the pairing.

I see
Yeah i just used black mage monk soley to make a better black mage with end game white magic. Truthfully never touched the melee part of it, though i probo should have.
Wished the classes were just a bit more distinctive and have ezclusive abilities and tilesuhlan is essentially just a worse knight with some mis level black magic. Its redundant. If it had a jump move i would lose my shit

Is the Switch port of FF12 any good?

>switchlings

I like penelo's theme

panrero

Attached: 1557976097605.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Yeah. You can respec any time and carry shit over into NG+. Cant do that on ps4 or PC.

Of my PS2, PS4, PC and Switch, only one of those is coming with me on my 12 hour flight this week.

you can do anything on pc noob

It's not that she's ugly but her face is just remarkably plain. She's like the Anne Hog of Final Fantasy, just bland in ever way imaginable.

Attached: 1556299525236.png (2220x1248, 1.68M)

Pointless character

Imagine seeing Fran, and still caring about any of these other wastrel women.

Attached: ff12-fran.jpg (890x1200, 121K)

Yes, imagine seeing fran.

Attached: 1541963858490.jpg (900x400, 64K)

What class/weapons are the most aesthetic on penelo? Maybe the other characters too

Nice flat ass.

Attached: hank ass.jpg (400x300, 15K)

Perfect body nice and tight

Because she's been "loved" by half the men in town.