Why does everyone call her racist? She's never aggressive, insulting...

Why does everyone call her racist? She's never aggressive, insulting, or inherently untrusting toward any individual alien you meet, she just has an untrusting attitude toward their governments and societies because she knows that they'll look out for their own first and foremost and so humans should as well. She's completely right, too.

Attached: Ashley_Character_Box.png (650x550, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oeBoTQ4Sjmo
nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/157/?tab=images
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go to bed gramps

Talk about Mass Effect with me, child.

ME1 Ashley was great. Too bad they turned her into a bimbo in later games.

aliens arent a different race, why are ME fags so retarded?

They call her "speciesist" or "space racist" or whatever, but I don't get why. Her qualms have nothing to do with genetics or superiority, it's purely a cultural problem she has and her concerns are 100% valid.

What about her "I can't tell the difference between the aliens and the animals" line?

Where is the false in that? They do look like fucking animals

Borderline, but I interpret it less as an attack on alien intelligence and more just a comment on how outrageous and otherworldly it all is and how far out of her comfort zone she is.

Pretty much every alien race except the Elcor and Asari resent humanity on the whole in ME1.

Most of the other species are genuine threats, domineering, and have actually alien personalities that a human with a military background and a family history of alien conflict would be justified in harboring hostility as a result of.

The only time she actually chafes with her alien crewmates is when Wrex draws on you and the argument escalates too high.

She's not an irrational bigot, she's justifiably non-xenophilic.

Too bad she's fucking ruined in the sequels like every character other than Wrex.

And we look like animals to them.

you mean tranny

I don't think there is animals who likes like humans in their planet

Because you’re supposed to blindly trust the council that used one race to commit genocide on another and then attempted to genocide that race when they became inconvenient because they would never betray their allies, duh

Exactly. We're alien beasts to them as much as they're alien beasts to us.

You keep using the word "race". I don't think it means what you think it means.

Ever heard of the human race, user?

Which is also a wrong term. There's only one species of human, with an outdated term for humans from various parts of the planet. Do you call different species of felids races? Or different species of cetacean?

Does she ever say anything along the lines of "humanity should be treated differently"? She doesn't want people to forget the Turians almost started a genocide and thinks we should all maintain a healthy distance instead of pretending we're best buds.

>She's never aggressive
have you ever played the game?

Attached: 1562984197809.png (1159x665, 231K)

>ME1 Ashley was great
confirmed retard. seek help.

Attached: 1561686554088.jpg (800x564, 129K)

Understandable towards that particular species, but blanket fear and distrust of all aliens is a tad much.

because we are in a time where people want everything simple and safe in fiction. Ashley presents a mind set that would 100 percent exist in real life and simpletons find that uncomfortable. i recently watched a playthrough where one player said ashley was racist so the other player who had never played the game immediately avoided her and didn't explore her character. we need more characters like ashley in these settings. characters that might not share comfortable views.

She could have been such a great character.
>T-thanks Bioware

Attached: Every day until you like it.jpg (979x641, 219K)

She was actually my favorite character in ME1. I took her in every mission because she fit my character so well. (Along with Kaiden as a counter to her). They fucking ruined her in the other games.

People with taste, good on you lads

why the long face?

Attached: 1560116549843.jpg (300x300, 27K)

her stance is that humanity should ensure it has a solid foundation to fall back on, because when the choice is your species or theirs, everyone will go for their own first

because she's a fuckin' racist, my guy
just because she doesn't project it so much doesn't mean that her wanting humans over aliens isn't racist
racism isn't bad, racism is just a function
especially in a world where were talking about humans and aliens rather than whatever and whatever

Fair enough, but that doesn't mean "I must hate and distrust everyone else".

She is a Xenophobe, dumbass.

Go dilate, faggot.

She doesn't hate anyone outright
and quite frankly I don't get why this is even a discussion, ensuring you have a strong negotiating position is basic common sense and lets not forget in ME3 EVERYTHING SHE SAID COMES TRUE
the only irony regarding Ashley is that in the end, the Turians were the most trustworthy aliens

I only save Kaidan.

Ashley lives in a world where the Salarians effectively sterilized the Krogan because they were viewed as a threat. Humanity has made huge strides in a short amount of time. She is right to be distrustful of these aliens who are threatened by humanity

But you should distrust pretty much everyone at a macro-level not explicitly on "your team" when you're a soldier or a politician. Or pretty much a cognizant being. It doesn't mean you outright treat other people like shit, and in 1 she doesn't, does she?

Ash is always better than Kaidan. Even ME3 Ash. Bad is always superior to boring.

>surprise homosex
>boring

Ashley isn't as bad as people make her out to be but I just can't fucking leave Carth.

in a Bioware game? Yes.

Are these now the generic insults flung around in lieu of anything intelligent?

The most she does is that she isnt comfortable giving Wrex and Tali full access to the Normandy. Oh and she supports killing the Rachni.

But its not like those opinions are unreasonable in the situations. She is a still a morale character though, always wanting to help civilians. She would have been lawful good if no aliens existed in the game. And she doesnt support murdering aliens, just not sacrificing human lives for aliens.

I still remember the first time I played ME3. In my ME1 I saved Kaidan because I thought it was the tactical choice in Virmire since Ashley was a decoy and he was with the bomb.

Then he invites Shepard for a talk in the Citadel and I was like cool. Then boom, he wants to fuck. I mean Kaiden had alwasy been very professional and reserved.

It really wasn't handed well, it was just a gay choice to fill a quota.

Distrustful, prejudiced, hostile. Yes, all of them are legitimate and warranted.
However, "I can't tell the aliens from the animals" when they are fucking walking around her wearing clothes, making art, having a fucking language, flying spaceships, shooting guns, having sex, cooperating, IS FUCKING STUPID.
It was obviously a poor underhanded attempt by the then Bioware's fledgling leftism and incompetent writing.

>How do we make this character divisive? Justify her morality?
>Nah, fuck that! Let's have her say something mustache-twirling retarded!
>Damn bruh, inspired by that one terrible politician we all dislike here?
>Yeah man you red my mind!

>However, "I can't tell the aliens from the animals" when they are fucking walking around her wearing clothes, making art, having a fucking language, flying spaceships, shooting guns, having sex, cooperating, IS FUCKING STUPID.
elcor and hanar look like fucking animals

>white knighting for an imaginary species
Zyklon B is too good for you.

>stating a fact = "white-knighting"
You people know nothing of words and meanings.

>Why does everyone call her racist?

They're naive, soft-brained, progressive idiots. Ashley isn't remotely racist or xenophobic. She advocates that humanity needs to be focused on advancing its own interests to compete with the other races who do the same. As a member of the Systems Alliance, which is the human government, she recognizes that a human vessel might at least consider restricting the access of its alien guests to sensitive or novel systems/technologies.

The same people who think she is racist are those very people who believed in Russiagate. They were paranoid about a foreign government pushing their own agenda at our expense. Presumably these people would agree that Russian citizens should not have full access to a US nuclear submarine. Mind you, the US has never even fought a war with a Russia but the Systems Alliance HAS fought the turians.

Attached: 1345487013700.jpg (704x874, 118K)

The comment obviously refers to alien biology. Look at a hanar or a keeper or an elcor from a distance. Would you know for certain that was an intelligent being and not an animal? People who misinterpret that comment are lacking in imagination, intelligence, and empathy.

>Too bad she's fucking ruined in the sequels like every character other than Wrex.

Wrex gets ruined too. In ME1 his arc is all about understanding that the krogan need to change as a people to save themselves and that he himself must accept that and embody that change. In ME2 he is not trying to cure the genophage and instead uses the value of females to grow his own political power. Then in ME3 he turns around and wants to cure the genophage suddenly when doing so would reduce the value of females in short order (since even a few of them could breed entire armies) and with the genophage cured he'd eventually lose all leverage over the other clans. Without the genophage the krogan would breed too big and too fast and there would be no incentive for them to change, most especially in the aftermath of a Reaper War which is sure to decimate any forces that might stand to counteract them.

Curing the genophage will repeat history because the krogan's problem of culture was in truth a problem of their biology. They are not adapted to advanced technological society or interstellar civilization. The Krogan Rebellions were inevitable and so is a repeat if the genophage is cured.

In ME3 it should have been WREX who wants to release a placebo. Politically he'd gain by first showing that he has cured the genophage, winning over any doubters to his rule, and then when the truth comes out he could use that betrayal to further consolidate power. All the while working to breed out a measure of the krogan's innate biological aggression.

>Then he invites Shepard for a talk in the Citadel and I was like cool. Then boom, he wants to fuck. I mean Kaiden had alwasy been very professional and reserved.

Not to mention in ME1 Kaidan is established very firmly as being straight. He oogles the asari in the Chora's Den and relates his backstory about how he killed his biotic instructor to protect his waifu.

Have you ever considered that maybe you too sensitive and kind of jumping the gun here? I mean if her comment was meant to be offensive then don't you think it would have been made in conversation with Shepard so that the player could react and respond to that comment? Instead it is made passive if you activate her while running around on the Presidium. The context of the comment should be obvious, but I will concede that apparently it is not obvious because a lot of people seem to get bent out of shape about it and interpret it as being some kind of degrading comment on alien biology. Considering she specifies "aliens form the animals" it is clear that she doesn't think aliens ARE animals, just that they look strange. Elcor, Hannar, and Keepers, or later Rachni, could also be reasonably mistaken by a human for being animals at a distance. Hannar and Rachni are not seeing wearing clothing and the Keepers and Elcor or a quadrupeds.

she comes from a family of cowards

you cant be racist against humans user

human races are basically the same as dog breeds, but for some reason we don't call them human breeds or dog races

Dog breeds are artificial creations made by humans manipulating wolf genes. Far as science is concerned domestic dogs are still Canis lupus.

Their origin is irrelevant. A dog breed is the equivalent of a species of sparrow separated by a mountain range. Still the same species, but distinct sub-species.

We are just arguing classification here, which is merely a tool used by us to organize groups of organisms.

Kaiden is bisexual genius, and having a former girlfriend doesnt stop someone from having sex with men.

So why didn't he flirt in ME1 or indicate he was into men at all in ME1?

He was re-written to be bisexual in ME3 to appeal his fanbase, who are primarily women and get off to gay guys.

>So why didn't he flirt in ME1 or indicate he was into men at all in ME1?

Honestly, the answer could be that he hadn’t yet accepted his bisexuality. I mean obviously you’re right that he was rewritten to be bisexual, but it’s still a totally plausible excuse. Also, I think it’s funny that you’re asking why someone wasn’t overtly sharing their interest in men, when so many people on Yea Forums complain about gay/bisexual characters rubbing their sexual orientation is people faces at the slightest hint.

>Honestly, the answer could be that he hadn’t yet accepted his bisexuality.

I would think something that important would at least be expressed in ME3. Might actually have been a rather nuanced and mature way to cover the subject. However they didn't do that and we both know the REAL reason he becomes bisexual in ME3, ditto Shepard.

>Also, I think it’s funny that you’re asking why someone wasn’t overtly sharing their interest in men, when so many people on Yea Forums complain about gay/bisexual characters rubbing their sexual orientation is people faces at the slightest hint.

Mass Effect is a pretty progressive future for humanity where Ashley is hesitant and nervous about admitting that she is religious. I thus find it questionable that gay people in Mass Effect would be at all bashful about admitting or advertising their sexuality. Now of-course, as you said, we know the real reason he is bi in ME3.

It's an interesting subject though. Let's think about the following. We know that being gay is biological, it is not a choice. Now in Mass Effect humans have gene editing technology and can use screening to prevent genetic disorders in babies. Presumably they can also determine much else about their children such as how intelligent they are, eye color, hair color, height, ect. This seems plausible yes? I see no reason they shouldn't be able to do what they do in the film Gattaca.

The question is, if you could shape the genetics of your child would you choose for your child to be gay or bisexual? If so, why? Who would and how many? Gays as it stands are a tiny fraction of humanity. It seems to me that in a future with selective gene editing/screening that gays might inadvertently go extinct or shrink to become an even tinier portion of humanity. I think that straight couples, who will have the most children, are going to be extremely unlikely to choose to have gay kids.

Attached: 1339633949663.png (751x745, 612K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oeBoTQ4Sjmo
Is it truly over?
Can we never go back?

Attached: 1498673977171.jpg (510x448, 246K)

Chances are slim to nil.

>we know that being gay is biological
Actually we don’t, so that pretty much lampoons your whole argument.

Oh, so it is choice? I thought we had a decades long culture war about this.

Don’t be silly, it’s not one or the other. The fact is we simply haven’t found any kind of “gay gene” or concrete evidence that it’s determined by genetics. Maybe one day we can concretely say yes or no, but we’re not there yet.

>any kind of “gay gene”

Phenotypes are the result of many genes interacting.

Can we at least agree that we don't need Trannies reading books to toddlers or sticking dollar bill's in kid's underwear?

>I don't mind aliens but if it comes down to a race war, I'm on the human side 100%
Ash is best waifu

I’m sorry, but I thought we were talking about Mass Effect? If you just wanted to complain about trannies reading books and what not, you could’ve just opened with that and saved us all time.

Phenotypes are the results of genes interacting with their ENVIRONMENT, not just with other genes.

You are the one who picked out that single statement from my post rather than responding to the post in whole.

I said they were the result of genes, which they are. Environment shapes genes too.

>Ashley
>Sincerely religious
>educated, loves poetry
>isn't a racist, but unwaveringly supports humanity first
>O captain, my captian

Ashley is the choice of those who grew up. She isn't some ditzy scientist who just wants to breed with an alien for genetic diversity. She's an honest-to-god true human in a time and place where humanity is the minority in the universe.

My point was that I don’t know what your point is. Are you talking about genetic engineer or trannies reading books? I’m not seeing how that statement related to the other.

>tfw she and Garrus were my go-to
>tfw I prefer Ashley over Liara
>tfw I never played ME2 and ME3, and I'm glad since they reduced her character.

Attached: 1497566938432.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Well go back and read my post here: Even if you disagree with the central reasoning, you could entertain the notion for the purposes of the thought experiment and offer an opinion on that scenario. Whether sexuality is the result of biology or social conditioning or is some mix of both, is a separate debate.

You implied wanting to talk about Mass Effect, so feel free to do so.

Yes, and that’s the problem with your “genetically engineered to be straight” argument. We don’t know what causes people to be gay. We don’t know if it’s genetic, biological, psychological, or any combination.

If you want to create some headcanon where people in Mass Effect genetically engineer their offspring’s sexuality that’s fine with me. I don’t really see anything supporting it, but I can’t argue a hypothetical.

I hate poetry and she has a chip on her shoulder about being a female soldier. I find her personality abrasive. I respect and agree with her views on politics but she's not someone I'd be interested in.

see:

But your argument has nothing to do with Mass Effect. That’s my point. I think we could absolutely have a very long debate about genetically engineering human sexuality, but I don’t see what it has to do with the universe that’s established in Mass Effect. People are still gay and bisexual in Mass Effect. Actually, I have no idea what the status of genetic engineering is in Mass Effect. Miranda is a product of genetic engineer, but I can’t even remember if she was created illegally or legally.

it's tired

>But your argument has nothing to do with Mass Effect.

It was a bit of a tangent and obviously I was naive to assume any kind of consensus on the GQ. Let's move on. If you want to discuss Mass Effect then do so and I'll respond. Pick a topic in Mass Effect you care about. Otherwise let it go. I conceded that there is some openness about the cause of gayness and beyond that I don't wish to discuss it either.

It's your move. Pick a topic.

so according to you aliens should call humans animals and get away with it?
>implying they would not
fuck off xenolover, it's not racism when every intelligent species call another animal, it's only weird when you start to stoping your people for doing so

Kaidan, like every other character who got a bang route post ME1 is simply shepardsexual. Times are desperate and you are only person who is both trustworthy and gave enough of a damn about their personal issues. By the time the suicide mission or the reaper invasion comes you having a dick or being human stopped mattering.

Mods exist for a reason

Attached: 157-1-1390680024.jpg (1788x1055, 773K)

best character in Mass Effect

Attached: space hunk.jpg (2500x1593, 643K)

While I hate poetry, I loved how it showed she was kind of classy, cultured. ME1 Ashley is one of my favorite RPGs in a lot of games. Really fit my personality.

Pretty good. Do they ditch her cat-suit ripoff and put her back in proper armor without high heels?

I know nothing about him except that the handful of voice clips I've heard make him sound about as sharp as a balloon.

Is it true that all Asari are futanaris?

Attached: 7h.png (943x748, 663K)

Kinda? There's multiple options in the mod though. You can pick and choose
nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/157/?tab=images

Attached: 157-1-1391316188.jpg (633x1080, 494K)

Mass Effect is one of the few games where you can genocide half of the galaxy, control the rest and get away with it. Today it would be shut down because having option to kill rachni queen is racist.

he's a very bro character with a lot of interactions. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's got heart and guts.

Jesus, ease up. We’re not playing chess. I suppose my real point was that starting a debate over genetically engineering someone’s sexuality is valid, but ultimately feels a bit of a waste of time. I’ll ask, since you clearly want to elucidate. What is accomplished by such a thing?

this nigger seriously thinks that the bug planet has human looking fauna walking around in the wilderness

>white
>zenophobe

go figure

Why did they write the Virmire survivor to spend half the game in a hospital bed? You'd think after having to wait an entire game for them that we'd get to keep them from the start of ME3.

I thought you wanted to talk about Mass Effect. Now you want to go back and discuss the hypothetical I proposed after arguing with me about proposing it in the first place. I do not care to discuss it anymore. So please, pic something in Mass Effect. For your informatoin though, gene editing does exist in Mass Effect. You can read about it in the codex. it also comes up in a quest on Noveria where Shepard can mention that Alliance soldiers receive gene therapy to increase their strength.

Attached: 31652.jpg (500x400, 28K)

Because Bioware got retarded after ME2. It's been downhill from there. Listening to anita sarkeesian is another stupid thing they did.

I would say they became retarded during the making of ME2.

I was throwing you a bone. You seemed like you had an axe to grind with the LGBT community after you mentioned trannies reading books and stuffing money in kids’ underwear. So I gave you the opportunity to speak about it if you still wanted to.
>For your informatoin though, gene editing does exist in Mass Effect
Yes I know that, as I said, Miranda is a product of genetic engineering.

>Why did they write the Virmire survivor to spend half the game in a hospital bed?
Obviously to save time on creating content for a character that some players might not even see.

exaclty!
i don't get why people get mad when you say that europe is better before all the immigrants!
when everyone shared a common skin color too.
Bliss

>I was throwing you a bone.

Well you waited to long and it in such a way that seems more like an effort to continue the argument, which contradicts your complaint that it wasn't Mass Effect. Now I'm going to assume you are still arguing with me in good faith and repeat my request that you honor your own stated desire to talk about Mass Effect. I request that you do so.

However since it seems this is hard for you, I will take the leap for you and propose a topic.

How do you feel about the portrayal of the Terminus Systems in ME2? Did you think the game did enough with the Terminus as a setting or not? What would you have done differently if you think the game didn't use the setting well? If you did like how ME2 handled the Terminus then what did you like about it?

Attached: theomegaspaceportbyurba.jpg (1360x870, 134K)

You're probably right

Garrus gets more screen time than the VS and he's far more unlikely to appear. Either Kaidan or Ashley is guaranteed to be in the game. Their appearance being either play choice or game choice (the opposite gender for your Shepard will appear).

I suspect you are probably half right but there could have been some other reason. We know the development of ME3 was somewhat troubled.

Hm. You take yourself quite seriously don’t you?

>and get away with i
That's where you are wrong buddy. No one gets away.

>homogeneity is bad
>diversity is good
>even when that leads to identity politics and division
>we can fix that by encouraging the mixing of the races
>which will create homogeneity in the long run
>which is bad

What's it like to play a run of ME 3 where you had most/all of your teammates killed during the suicide mission? Not sure how the game even handles it, just literally who replacements dropped in when required? Have any of you done this before?

Attached: ffd9e1448a39b6856223c2d300f8a182.png (1280x905, 1.15M)

>Why did they write the Virmire survivor to spend half the game in a hospital bed? You'd think after having to wait an entire game for them that we'd get to keep them from the start of ME3.

Any decision happens that causes a major split in a game doubles the amount of work needed, and not everyone will see it. Any content written for Ashley won't be seen by players who saved Kaiden, and vice versa. By limiting how long they're in the game, it saves development time.

This is why games with choices tend to have superficial changes (like the Rachni queen getting a clone so that her mission isn't waste time for those that killed her), or only major stuff at the end of the game so that the amount of variations don't majorly impact development time.

This is why The Witcher 2 is shorter than the first game. The choice you made a the end of chapter 1 made chapter 2 completely different. Whichever side you chose had an entirety different area, characters and quests. Whereas The Witcher 1 had a split at the end of chapter 4 which all 3 choices resulting in being in the same area for chapter 5 with a lot of the same quests.

>far more unlikely to appear
The only way Garrus isn’t seen in ME3 is if he died in ME2, and I suppose BioWare took the gamble and assumed most people kept him alive. He is a notably popular character. With Ash and Kaiden, it’s literally one or the other. Instead of just making voice acting and story considerations for one character, they have to make two. And then most players will only see one side of that.

6/10, a less seasoned Yea Forums user would fall this. I will go ahead and give my own thoughts on the Terminus instead.

I do not think ME2 used the Terminus very well. In ME2 we were told it a chaotic and lawless reason composed of many species that were hostile to the Council. This implies many distinct aliens that we didn't see in ME1. I was thus disappointed in ME2 to find only one new race that was somewhat native to the Terminus amidst armies of mercenaries. I was hoping that we'd see new cultures and explore their politics and history. I was hoping for more interactions with batarians and their society.

We could have been given a totally new way to look at the galaxy and at the Council. Some summarized suggestions:

>turian separatists
Perhaps a colony of turians who never yielded to the Hierarchy exists in the Terminus. Or perhaps the colony was set up after the Unification War by turians who refused to submit and were driven from their homes.

>lysenthi salarians
They are mentioned in the second novel as a sub-species or race of salarians. What precisely are they and why do they live exclusively in the Terminus

>batarians
What is life like for them? What divisions do they have? We should be exposed to their culture of slavery and caste culture. How has their retreat from the Citadel and loss to humanity in the Skyllian Verge affected them? Lots of opportunities for moral drama here.

I will say that the krogan are well done. While Grunt's quest itself is rather straightforward the politicking between Clans Urdnot and Uvenk are pretty interesting and nuanced. More of that would have been nice.

Attached: me2___sexy_appearance_pack_by_brokenteapot_d3dgw2u-fullview.jpg (1280x831, 260K)

>Any decision happens that causes a major split in a game doubles the amount of work needed, and not everyone will see it. Any content written for Ashley won't be seen by players who saved Kaiden, and vice versa. By limiting how long they're in the game, it saves development time.

Right but the case of Kaidan/Ashley the choice is binary, it was in some ways the climactic choice of ME1, and it is fundamentally no different than choosing Broshep or Femshep. I'm not certain why adding this one, rather important character to a couple of extra missions is too much.

I don't really disagree with you, but I think that ultimately this was the result of EA putting too much pressure on the development team. I understand not bringing back the ME2 squadmates, but the VS has been absent an entire game and their survival was a pivotal moment in ME1. So the character ought to join our team straight away and stick with us. All they need is a few lines of dialog for turian/salarian/krogan story-line.

Not everything I said is some conniving attempt to jerk you around and get a rise out of you. Only about half.

Did asari have ovulation cycles like mammals, or could they literally choose when sex would result in a child? Because there's something immeasurably hot about Liara pinning Shepard to the bed, and that when she tells them they're making a baby, it is DEFINITELY happening.

Attached: 1461776786416.jpg (1190x1198, 180K)

>Did asari have ovulation cycles like mammals, or could they literally choose when sex would result in a child?

I have no idea. Nothing about it is mentioned in the codex or in dialogue.

yeah, I'm the motherfucking catalyst now, try and stop me after 3/4 of relevant races have now demolished military and there's not another newfangled crucible to get in my way, you will submit you genophage rape baby

aparrently they choose since mind-sex is not the same as mind-melding according to liara in me1 (it could be mean just rubbing tip of dick instead of going all in in human terms)

>turians
I think that rather than having Garrus back we'd have a new turian squadmate who comes from this separatist culture. The reasoning behind the separatists may be that the Hierarchy has been trying to erase all cultural/racial divisions among turians in the interests of unifying the species. Those who exiled themselves beyond Hierarchy space refuse to give up their old cultures or genetic heritage. The result is a turian society different in many ways than the Hierarchy. It is more chaotic, more innovative, more diverse, but also less efficient. The irony is that they have been forced to live in the Terminus, which is dangerous, and to defend themselves have had to become just as militant as the Hierarchy. Which has also necessitated a gradual but noticeable trend of unifying this isolated culture. Part of this just natural of-course since they live on the same world, but not all of it. A common language has made it much easier for the colony to organize its military and that has necessitated agreeing on some common values to prevent internal conflicts, or to at least reduce them.

Attached: a5b40a457c1a6b7da4b3965d281c8748.jpg (564x817, 26K)

Holy shit the amount of stupid in one post

>lysthenthi salarians
I have a few ideas. Perhaps they were an entirely separate species of salarian that could not breed with the rest. They were a minority that evolved on an isolated continent on Sur'Kesh. However sometime before the salarian space age they became crowded out by immigration from the rest of their planet to their continent. This was a slow process and mostly peaceful but did wind up reducing them to minority status in their former homeland. Once cheap space travel was available a great portion of them left the homeworld in search of a new one, finding a world in the Terminus. They resent and fear their brethren as some are convinced they intentionally bred them out or conspired to drive them to extinction. Believers of this theory point to the krogan as an example of their intentions. However this isn't really known for certain and critics insist the settlement of their ancestral homeland was just the predictable result of the globalization of Sur'Kesh.

Another possibility is that the lysenthi created themselves from a tiny minority of salarians who engaged in a deliberate breeding program. Strict control of mates by the females combined with liberal genetic engineering created a new species of salarian quite different from the baseline stock. Inspiration might be taken from Star Trek and Khan, who was a member of a sub-race of super-humans who ruled over Earth for a time. Eventually these Lysenthi began to take over salarian society and enforce their breeding ideology on the rest of the population, believing it to be for the greater good. However they were eventually toppled and exiled, eventually settling in the Terminus and continuing their breeding experiments. In the modern day they are a physically stronger, longer lived, more intelligent, but also less empathetic people. Life in the Terminus has shaped them to be even more aggressive than the salarians themselves and their special forces are in a cold war with the STG.

Attached: salarian_clothing_ideas_by_evilsherbear_d3fanir-fullview.jpg (900x474, 51K)

Lazy. Provide an argument. I don't think you can though. If you could think coherently then you wouldn't have made that statement.

Attached: timpon.png (474x353, 326K)

>batarians
I think that a neat twist on them would be for Shepard to discover the Hegemony was in decline, and slavery with it, prior to the batarians' loss of the Traverse to humanity. Their race had been undergoing an economic boom with many batarians settling worlds outside of the Hegemony's immediate reach. Exposure to advanced Council technology, such as great VI automation, was replacing the slave market. However the loss of the traverse and subsquent retreat from the Citadel caused a recession and great unrest, which the Hegemony used to consolidate power by brutally putting down the various disparate factions. As such the player would see that at least some degree of humanity's prosperity could be in part at the expense of another species.

We ought to visit at least one batarian colony or the homeworld and witness non-batarian slaves and how they are treated. We might meet some abolitionist batarians and have the option to help them free some slaves. However we'd be presented with a moral choice: help the slaves escape and gain nothing, or help the slavers and gain valuable information or support for our mission.

We could also witness non-batarian slaves on a batarian colony and then visit the homeworld and see batarians kept as slaves by other batarians as aliens might be rare and expensive in the homeworld.

Another interesting moral dilemma, that might be presented rather casually to the player, would be the choice to visit a strip club with slave performers and have the option of going into a back room with a lady or man of our choosing. It would be up to the player to realize they are paying to essentially rape a slave. A slave conditioned not to outwardly display any resistance of any kind.

Attached: biotic_charge__in_bed__by_estlachesis0-d4zhkx1.png (1000x774, 559K)

>Dog breeds are artificial creations made by humans manipulating wolf genes.
So, you mean, just like how the protheans manipulated sentient races off of a common genetic structure?

Attached: Every mission.png (993x800, 190K)

>ust like how the protheans manipulated sentient races off of a common genetic structure?

That never happened. You are confusing Mass Effect with Star Trek.

>she just has an untrusting attitude toward their governments and societies because she knows that they'll look out for their own first and foremost
Uuummm sweetie that's a thought crime

Batarians are the master species

I'd. Would YOU?

Attached: shenzira_3_by_yanarada-d5ci92c.jpg (1772x1241, 877K)

>inherently untrusting toward any individual alien you meet
uh, yes she is?

>She's never aggressive, insulting, or inherently untrusting toward any individual alien you meet
None of those make her general attitude not that of a racist.

A rational mind is a racist mind. Truly 1984 has come true and asylum inmates have taken over society.

>Her qualms have nothing to do with genetics or superiority, it's purely a cultural problem she has
thats still racism. there is no different between "its in their genes" and "its in their culture" as a justification for a negative predisposition.
> her concerns are 100% valid.
thats an opinion, because there is no actual proof and not even an insinuation that there is some conspiracy by the council races to keep everyone else down, or something of the like.
everything you see of the hanar, elcor, volus, batarians, etc clearly shows that they are not fit to be more responsible towards a community if the people they send to the station are stereotypes of certain negative behaviors.
udina is another great example of that, if he is the best ambassador mankind has, humanity is trash.

>as a justification for a negative predisposition.

What negative predisposition does she have?

>thats an opinion

No, it's a fact, as demonstrated by the lore. You are a liar or blinded by your ideology if you can't acknowledge that.

a racist mind is a primitive mind, racism is a sign of backwardness.
if you base your arguments of needing to exert control over people on biology instead of their behavior or potential damage to the species as a whole, or try to link the aforemention to their biology, you are narrowminded and blind to the dangers from people from your own tribe that you deemed biologically good.

> her concerns are 100% valid.
>it's a fact, as demonstrated by the lore
>What negative predisposition does she have?
I dont know, how about you tell me what her justified concerns are?

>mfw all these fucking subhuman xeno sympathizers
Humans are superior. Gas the Asari. Space war now.

Attached: M7ifa3l[1].png (800x500, 392K)

if they wanted me to take unmasked humanoids on missions they should have learned to model and animate them worth a fucking shit

Nigger

Wasn't Crichton the one to solve a lot of problems because humans are actually inferior to most of the farscape races?

>how about you tell me what her justified concerns are?

That aliens will put alien needs ahead of human needs. That asari needs will be put ahead of human needs by the asari. Just as turians will put turian needs ahead of salarian needs, and asari needs, and batarian needs, and human needs. The mingling of galactic society as a whole is negotiation by various sub-groups which negotiate to get what they want or need. They don't negotiate for out-groups as that would be counter to biology. They couldn't have evolved in the first place if they were putting other organisms ahead of their own.

A more direct ingame source would be the Rachni Wars, Krogan Rebellions.

During the Rachni Wars the salarians found the krogan and then interfered in their development by uplifting the krogan to that of an interstellar race, enabling them to join the salarians and asari's war against the Rachni. The result was the extinction of the rachni. However now the krogan were free in the galaxy and yet still retained a physiology adapted to a specific environment, which they had never truly evolved out of. Their reproductive rate and inherent aggression were too high and so they expanded and conquered. Star after star. Eventually they themselves became the great threat the Council would fight for centuries until discovering the Turians, who already had a mighty empire. Together they defeated the krogan and the salarians infected the krogan species with a virus that drastically cut their fertility.

Now at no point was it ever supposed what the krogan interest in this was at the outset. Did they have a vested interest in fighting the Rachni Wars? I'd argue they did not. Instead the Council took them and used them for their own ends and then neutered them when they predictably became a problem themselves. You can argue that the Council had no choice but to do this, but the point is, the Council was acting in their own interest and not the Krogan's.

I agree, I never got why there was so much hype over Liara or Tali. Tali was kinda cute, ok, but all Asari in ME have this annoying way of speaking I just cannot stand.

Nah Crichton pretty much solves all the problems when it isn't a disaster episode because he's smarter than the xenos.

>I dont know, how about you tell me what her justified concerns are?

Continuing.

During the Morning War the Council stood by and allowed 99% of the quarian race to be exterminated. Then to rub salt into the wound they cast the quarians out of Citadel space, shutting down their embassy. The species might have died out. They did this on the grounds that the quarians attempted to destruction of the geth was itself a genocide, this despite the fact that the Council already had laws severely regulating the development of AI. The geth were an accident, mind you. So what did the Council do next? It sent envoys to meet the geth and when the geth killed them the Council withdrew and from then on did nothing about them. A race of genocidal robots was left to develop in secrecy behind the Perseus Veil, a decision which had terrible ramifications in ME1 and also stands as an example of blatant hypocrisy. If AI is so dangerous that it must be regulated then uncontrolled AI's, created by accident, who have committed genocide must surely also be controlled.

In the end the geth attacked Eden Prime and threatened the rest of the Traverse. The Council response? Nothing. They only take the barest minimum of action when it is proven that Saren is a traitor. The human race is bound by the Council's edicts but given no vote and no real say, nor any real support. The Council did not protect humanity from the geth, batarians, or later the Collectors or Reapers, despite demanding that human military armament fall within Council guidelines.

The Council limits the number of dreadnaughts an associate race can build, but then tells that race it cannot join the Council because it lacks the firepower to defend the galaxy. Thus if you follow the Council's rules you are forever their subject. Humanity only bucks this trend by defying them. Again, hypocrisy and self interest.

Attached: Securing_Dominance_by_sumerkhan.jpg (577x702, 162K)

He's a very surprisingly competent choice for a 3rd act character.
He's got his own distinct personality, but isn't overbearing or Donut Steele tier.
He's got stuff to explore and work with, but doesn't feel like a pointless distraction.
He interacts well with the established crew, but doesn't try one upping them.
Overall it's amazing ME3 era bioware managed to pull it off.

>how about you tell me what her justified concerns are?

In short, you could just skip my posts and study geopolitics and international relations and military theory for a while. Read some books. I recommend "The Mote in God's Eye" and "The Killing Star" to read a science fiction angle on the subject.

It is evident that you are extremely ignorant about the world, about human nature, about politics, about group behavior, and about basic biology.

Attached: The_Chair_by_sumerkhan 94.jpg (206x224, 23K)

Well, I will say that an outsider character in ME3 is a smart choice. Though I've yet to really see any in-depth review or analysis of his character so I still have no real opinion about him.

A BLIGHT

Purge? God damn right.

Attached: taliscaresmouse3.jpg (924x1080, 154K)

Attached: subduedillumanxa.jpg (1592x1018, 281K)

There was one episode where his relatively poor eyesight saved him from a saboteur's attempt to mindfuck the crew, but in general he was pretty smart and more level headed than everyone else.
He was a test pilot and Astronaut, after all.

Why does she looks like she wants have sex all the time?

Attached: xenillusivefeet32.jpg (964x2052, 437K)

Repressed sexuality maybe.

Attached: mishap.jpg (879x891, 251K)

No reason to really think T'raltixx was light fucking them for real iirc anyway could've just been plain old psychic or something, it was all bullshit about the pulsar light. Anyway John only avoided it thanks to pre-Harvey/the chip.

>calling someone ignorant instead of being able to come up with your own counter-arguments

>470331647

Attached: 1468109996718.png (347x384, 157K)

reminder asari are space jews
>matrilineal
>steal genes by mating with upper echelon of other races, suppressing their aristocratic classes
>ugly and blue
>wear weird shit on their head all the time

I wrote two rather long posts about it. If you need further evidence from history rather than game lore, then I suggest looking up Lend Lease, the Monroe Doctrine, the history of Colonialism, the rise of Imperial Japan, the Cold War, ect...

It's also a fact that he's ignorant seeing as he needs these things pointed out to him. Ignorance isn't anything to be ashamed of as it is easily corrected.

you obviously never played ME3 and Thessia mission, Asari are dominant galactic race purely because Protheans uplifted them, they even have entire religion based around them

>instead of their behavior or potential damage to the species
behavior is tied to genetics and niggers mixing with whites is damaging to human species, dumbo

Oh fug, my reading comprehension shit the bed and I thought you were the other guy instead of longposter user. Sorry about that.

>Why does everyone call her racist?
because they are stupid and lack a self preservation instinct

Right, but you implied some kind of shared genetic heritage between the races. Or at least that's what I thought you were implying.

I like to think Ashley found out about my Shepard's bimbo fetish and proceeded to doll herself up in ME3 in an effort to win him back.

Worst fetish ever.

Attached: 1000_thanks__for_all_by_a_sexy_pov_toes_by_erboiler-d7qr9xg.png (1024x1451, 410K)

Literal whos and stuff like a geth VI replacing legion, admiral raan for tali and so on.

could they even remake the game or would it not be worth it

Daro'Xen joins you for the Geth Dreadnought mission which is pretty cool. Too bad she doesn't become a temp squadmate though.

Attached: xen_pinup_alpha_delta_gamma_bravo_nova.png (598x1011, 422K)

I for one am glad I killed the bald chick and the mask wearing space gypsy
Didn't play the third

>footfag thinks he can actually call another fetish worse

Attached: 1380170470762.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

feet are an enlightened fetish for refined men

Attached: zp92__maybe_the_best_by_erboiler-d82dpme.jpg (1017x1521, 387K)

Attached: 1547668720959.jpg (801x500, 90K)

Mass Effect is filled with lots of little hypocrisies like that.

>Tell Garrus it is wrong to kill for revenge
>Take him to seek revenge anyway
>gun down dozens of mercs
>Then remind Garrus at the end it is wrong to kill for revenge

The question is, why does a Paragon Shepard even begin Garrus' loyalty mission?

>why does a Paragon Shepard even begin Garrus' loyalty mission?
Maybe to sort out things. To find out if it was a misunderstanding or get the reasons for betrayal and all that.

Attached: 1554975566365.jpg (600x900, 137K)

What's your point as it pertains to whether or not Ashley's statement is true?

>"I want to kill this guy," said Garrus
So then why give him the opportunity? It's lazy writing and game design. Either Shepard shouldn't even take him there, or Shepard and Garrus should discuss it first and Shepard can demand that they are only going to look for Sidonis to bring him to justice or talk to him. Then when Garrus reveals he lied to Shepard and wants to murder Sidonis it causes conflict and Shepard has to argue Garrus down, the whole incident demonstrating that Garrus has let his tragedy get the better of him and if you stop him it's a wake up call that he needs to let things go.

It'd be a sensible character arc.

That's like telling Batman to let his parents go or Punisher his family.

Bioware is retarded. What do you expect from thrm?

It's like being forced to work with a terrorist group for no good reason.

Again, lazy writing. A lot of things in ME2 could be fixed with just a sentence or two of dialog.

>Screw you, I'm not working with you!
So you tell TIM to fuck off and you run around doing N7 missions. The Council and Alliance offer little help. You might overhear on Omega or the Citadel that more colonies are disappearing. You grab up Mordin and Garrus and talk to them but the investigation is stalled.

Once you've exhausted all the early game content then TIM contacts Shepard again tells the Collectors at Horizon, where your former comrade is stationed. So Shepard rushes out there and repulses the Collectors. From there it would be reasonable that Shepard and the player would accept that they are going to do things their way, but also accept that TIM is the only real source of information they have.

>Collector ship
Silly writing that TIM can't just say that this is likely a trap, be on your guard, but we really need to datamine that ship's computer.

This would all work even better if the original Normandy wasn't destroyed. TIM/Cerberus is just this distant third party that periodically contacts you to move the plot forward.

Oh, and another idea is that the player rejects TIM and goes to the Citadel and then the Council should just say,

"Go ahead and work with Cerberus. Learn everything you can about them. Then report back when the missions is complete."

That's it. That's all you need to convince the player to work with Cerberus.

>Harkin sicks a legion of mercs and drops two fucking YMIR mechs on you
>Shep acts like Garrus shooting him in the leg was excessive, Paragon Shep is even more of a bitch
I don't know if I just didn't notice this shit when I was younger but come on, we're out to get Sidonis for about as much.

It's a poorly thought-out plot. It would work if Garrus' desire to kill Sidonis was hidden from Shepard (unless Shep is Renegade). Even better, you should land at the Citadel and then Captain Bailey should request that Garrus and Shep bring in Harkin. So you go there and have to fight through his mercs, then when Harkin is found he reveals where Sidonis is but that Sidonis will be fleeing, so Garrus wants to rush off after him right now to detain him. Only when Shepard approaches Sidonis Garrus pulls a gun and wants to kill him on the spot.

Cue drama, charm/intimidate, and maybe a renegade or paragon interrupt.

>racism bad look how intelligent I am for having an underdeveloped threat response

Attached: 1562466959597.png (1280x720, 181K)

She’s one of those females that are xenophobe but secretly longs for big alien dick. Like real life white people, they all racist but secretly want colored dick.

Would you?

Attached: 1562256226389.jpg (1088x1920, 610K)

>Too bad they turned her into a bimbo
that's pretty gay bro

Attached: 1558122465355.jpg (1374x1080, 624K)

She's a career soldier with no time or reason to look after herself. Like bit on the tomboy side. it makes sense her new look is a bit over the top because she doesn't really know what she's doing. At least that's what I think. She does say "at least [Liara] looks like a woman" in the first game if you try to get to know Liara.

Attached: 1479035798966.jpg (1600x900, 118K)

Xenophobia is an outlook, not an attitude. The same goes for most -isms. You can be an -ist without being a mouth-foaming maniac. Ashley being a xenophobe doesn't make her a bad character. On the contrary, it makes her a more interesting character. ME's writers clearly don't endorse her vision of the world, but they still bother to give her motivations that anyone can sympathize with at least on some level. Having "intolerant" characters being portrayed as complex individuals is rare in mainstream media and you should embrace rather than deny Ashley's xenophobia if you like the character because this part of her is done right.

That's the whole point, the label of racism tries to undermine her concerns on the backstabbing behavior of foreign entities.

Attached: hmmm___remake___by_lyutor1945-d7ykw4g.jpg (1920x2160, 2.21M)

Why didn't you tell me Engineer is the best class?

Attached: MassEffect3_2019-04-12 12-46-46_ShareX.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Imagine being so much indoctrinated by SJW and fem-Nazis, that you start to hate big boobs.

Attached: 1558019499019.png (600x600, 170K)

>Ashley being a xenophobe

Ashley is not on any level a xenophobe, that's the ultimate dumb shallow read that I'm tempted to always assume people who claim it only know of her character second hand rather than actually playing the game and paying attention to it.

Ashley is shown to respect the Salarians (repeatedly, and one of the times is her first scene in the game!) and openly like the Quarians among other things. She has no issues serving with aliens. What she is, is a CYNIC - she is innately distrustful is towards those in power and their institutions and that only ties in with aliens in the sense that the eminent powers were not humans, who were small fry. This is where the dog and bear analogy comes from, which incredibly stupid people interpreted as racist when she was calling humanity the dogs in the comparison, that in the face of crisis, a 'superior' race will sacrifice the lesser to ensure their own survival.

Her writer based her outlook on the sci-fi novel The Killing Star which proposed three rules of spacefaring alien life:

1) They value their survival - in an us or them scenario, they will never choose us. A species doesn't become the dominant form of life from their world through self sacrifice.
2) The weak are never the strongest - no species becomes top of the food chain by being passive, an alpha species will very intelligent, aggressive, prepared and when necessary, capable of ruthless calculus.
3) Any species that has ascended to power will know these rules - and they'll be applying them when they look at us, too.

In that novel shortly after humanity became capable of space travel an alien race arrived out of nowhere and instantly and without warning obliterated Earth. The few survivors who were taken to be held as curiosities were told it was nothing personal, just an unacceptable threat being taken care of preemptively. That's what Ashley sees.

I just wanted to bang you

Would that be considered manslaughter?

No and no

Absolutely. Quarians are clean.

>that's the ultimate dumb shallow read that I'm tempted to always assume people who claim it only know of her character second hand rather than actually playing the game and paying attention to it.

It was an accusation made regularly on the Bioware forum when Mass Effect was released. I had many debates there with people about it. People who played the game obsessively. Remember that Bioware is a Canadian studio and many of their fans are or were women.

The boobs are fine, it's the face that looks weird.

>he few survivors who were taken to be held as curiosities were told it was nothing personal, just an unacceptable threat being taken care of preemptively.

Which is also the salarian military philosophy. Thus the STG takes preemptive action, including assassination, and researches bioweapons, all the time.

But they're COOL ALIENS so it's righteous and noble.

Attached: tumblr_n4i9nfZcIX1traknso1_1280.jpg (1280x800, 81K)

>So why didn't he flirt in ME1 or indicate he was into men at all in ME1?
Male Shep used to be able to romance Kaidan in ME1, but Bioware cut it last minute because they got scared of backlash. There's a mod that restore the cut content, and they made ME3 in such a way that it you did restore the content, it remember the gay Kaidan romance.

I think she looks like shit in 1 and pretty decent in 3. This whole tranny meme has to come from seething nostalgia spergs

Also Jesus things can go wrong in ME1 so fast. I'm only playing Veteran, because that's all the game lets me do, and i already died twice to combat and once to a glitch. Some times enemies drop like flies other times you are in their face blasting a shotgun and nothing happens. One of the deaths was literally just starting a fight in a room and immediately 3 faggots with immunity + shotguns and a krogan turn a corner and sprint towards my face. The next time i tired i didn't even lose shields because they decided not to bum rush me.

GO GO GO!

Attached: 1558854713138.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

That why except for the minority fringe of people who do full Renegade runs they go full isolationist in ME3 and sit out the war. Except the Good Ones.

>I think she looks like shit in 1 and pretty decent in 3

ME1 is just dodgy old graphics. ME3 is... questionable design choices.

they have to call her that because if you substitute shitskins for aliens it's still true.

why is ME1 so great lads?

It feels more like a complete game. It is more broad in what you do.

>Renegade option is forgive and forget
>Paragon option is to dwell on the past with resentmetnt
But why though?

ME1 is the worst Mass Effect game. It plays like dogshit.

>Gears of War babby

Those aren't Paragon or Renegade options.

Worst combat, but best story, dialogue, and characters. If someone improved the gunplay of ME1 it would be perfect.

My only peeve with Ashley was how feminist she was. Shepard does get to remind her who is in charge though, so that's good.

They're clearly colored red and blue.

Don't comment about games you've never played.

Fantastic bait.

Did they change the meaning of coloring dialogue options red and blue after Mass Effect 1? Because using those colors in ME1 is to denote which option is Paragon-aligned and which is Renegade-aligned.

what? he has absolutely zero importance to the plot, and is only there as a token gay mexican.

they did flesh his out with personality as best they could, but it's still clear as day why the developers included him

The red in that image is the cursor. Paragon and Renegade options are colored text.

Attached: 392478565d.jpg (1056x140, 46K)

Attached: 1483565270513.jpg (600x375, 39K)

I think you're confusing him for the gay pilot.
Vega was created so that people that didn't play the first 2 games, could be given exposition to the lore and events that took place since it's all explained to him.
He's a great character considering his purpose.

Because Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

Attached: 360_borat_lebanon0109.jpg (460x380, 19K)

Attached: 28304-5089-29860.jpg (468x495, 143K)

Because she's patriotic and religious

Attached: Interrupts.jpg (1500x1127, 515K)