So this... is the power... of combat that won GOTY

Attached: 1562687203022.webm (700x392, 2.91M)

looks awful, you know the world is fucked when blithering retards call this a good game

If it's so bad, why do nintendies ignore that BotW is exactly the same?

all dark souls are just like withcer 3 tho lmao

>B-BUT NINTENDO!
Every time.

The combat is shit but everything else about the game is amazing. There is a mod that rebalances combat that might be worth looking into.

Undertale actually was named GOTY, there were well over 190,000 people from Tumblr, Reddit, Yea Forums & other websites who voted for this. It even had a 97 on Metacritic when it came out, but contrarian reviews rated it lower out of spite because they didn't want a Indie game to be rated as high as shit like GTA, Zelda, Portal, Mario, RE4, MGS2 & Metroid

Attached: winning_by_hauntedbythelight-d9kahh2.png (1300x520, 741K)

Why is the guy playing in the webm just mashing random buttons in an attempt to prove his point?

Neither this nor BotW is played for the combat

If you actually played the game you'd know that
1. This fight is so out of place/ different from every other encounter in the game
2. That's not how you're supposed to fight him

Never played any witcher so I can't tell if the guy is just fucking awful at it, but that monster's animation is pretty goddamn bad. Did they outsource to Bioware or something? Even the Souls games have smoother animation.

every time i tried to get into the game i dropped it after 2 hours

I don't understand why Nintendo lives rent free in everyone's head

Seething.

>a-ahah guy just bad!
seethe

>Even the Souls games have smoother animation.
Even? The animations are fantastic in every souls game besides ds2

To be fair it really doesn't deserve that title.

name 1 western rpg with good combat

witchers is also bad but it's a godsent compared to anything from bethesda

Yeah, TW3 plays like absolute ass. I'm honestly pretty disappointed that the gaming media is so lacking in actual standards that a game with gameplay this terrible got 90+ scores and a billion awards.

>another ds2 hater
whats it like to dismiss the greatest game ever made?

not an argument poleshill

I like the part where he runs into the griffin and the horse bucks him off like the retard he is

Attached: 1562552853396.png (460x613, 279K)

Skyrim has a 96, Undertale is 1000x better than Skyrim. Therefore it deserved a 97

Don't worry user, Nintendo is NintenDOOMED this time.
I-I've been saying this for over 20 years but I have a slight feeling that it might occur this time!

I love ds2, but I'm not delusional. The animations were bad

He's just spamming dodges and attacks in the wrong direction, how is this webm supposed to prove anything?
inb4 cope, seethe, cringe, incel, dilate, etc. you shitposting nigger

isnt combat literally the only thing to do in botw? Not like there is that much of a plot

I never even beat this fight. A house spawned on top of it and it wouldnt enter its second phase.

it's not like you can do something else other than those things nigger

Not really. Lots of monsters are wooden as fuck, while some others obviously had a lot more work put into them. DS2 accentuated the problem, but wasn't that much of an outlier.
Bloodborne pretty much fixed everything, so I'm guessing it really was just a matter of From putting more effort/time on animation. Sekiro was likewise fine.

Undertale is refreshing the first time through, but it doesn't deserve the best game ever title considering it's extremely barebones as a game.

That's not what happens and you know it.

Attached: bad.webm (853x480, 2.84M)

>isnt combat literally the only thing to do in botw?
Well, that and exploring only to find another Korok seed.

It's more about the exploration. You will obviously need to fight while exploring and the combat is bearable, but it's far from appealing

unironically smoother than snitcher 3

>Undertale is 1000x better than Skyrim.
Lol no its not, Skyrim has way more gameplay then your flash game

lol wut

>attacking in the right direction
>dodgin in the right direction
>using heavy attacks
>rolling
>using magic correctly to help land combos
>using crossbow to knock it down if it tries to fly
>using bombs
These would help a lot to make him look less retarded

How is this any different than something like dark souls, a game that is lauded four its combat? Oh wait, its fluid and fun instead of slow and clunky.

>Spears are by far the best weapon and slap the fuck out of grunts
>Bad

Attached: 1560205453014.jpg (486x1004, 127K)

At least you can attack in whatever direction you want without the character magnetically pirouetting towards the nearest enemy like an absolute sperg.

Games that focus on graphics and cutscenes and MUH CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE will always inevitably suffer in the gameplay department, be it BOTW, Horizon, RDR, GTA, Witcher, TLOU, I could go on and on. You're so busy trying to make oscar bait for E3 and game awards, you forget to make a fun game.

Attached: 1561462857839.png (278x248, 55K)

Nah, GoW's combat system is smooth and efficient despite all the criticism it gets from people that didn't play it here

>mash X to win combat is smooth

Attached: 57-578069_rich-thinking-emoji-thinking-face-emoji-png-clipart.png (649x696, 478K)

But TLOU is the only cinematic experience on this list. Maybe Horizon too, don't know too much about that game so not sure
There's more to gameplay than just combat
BotW is concentrated on exploration. GTA and RDR are sandboxes that allow you to just fuck around. Witcher is an RPG

@470306542
you ain't getting any (you) with that retarded bait

>BotW is concentrated on exploration. GTA and RDR are sandboxes that allow you to just fuck around. Witcher is an RPG
Sandboxes and exploration are nice in a way, but do the games focus on giving you a smooth experience with content? Or do they focus on pretty graphics and voice acting and CGI cutscenes? Considering their abysmal framerates, that's quite an easy answer.

They made one of the greatest games of all time.

Attached: 1505946528337.png (700x913, 368K)

Have you ever seen BotW? The game is ugly as shit. The other 3's good graphics don't take away anything from the gameplay

BOTW is even more guilty because it should've emphasized a better framerate, but all of them suffer from this. 60 dollar games with so much costly DLC, and they can't muster up a better dev team to NOT make a choppy experience?

No it wasn't. Shits boring. Only good fight I had that was the queen valkyrie.

> Still pushing this "BOTW looks bad" meme
Jesus imagine being this obssessed after 2 fucking years

Are you retarded, the fact that you found it boring doesn't take away what i said nigger

>you aren't allowed criticize games after a arbitrary time
What?

Jesus imagine being such a braindead fanboy you can't even notice I was defending the game from someone calling it a "cinematic experience"

Every single time, it's like you faggots have an anti-Nintendo detector so you can swoop in defense at a moment's notice.

Sure bro, I loved fighting the same reskined troll 10 times.

I don't genuinely want to call BOTW a cinematic experience, but come on. A game shouldn't be 30 FPS with drops, especially on "innovative new hardware". I expect Nintendo to have higher standards than that.

what you're talking about has nothing to do with kratos's cs, stop trying

You're not wrong here, I just thought you meant to say the game was a cinematic experience, and wanted to point out that's a bullshit statement

How in the fuck do you lose to the griffin? It's a pure learning experience. I can see a criticism being that the game is too easy, which it sometimes is. This is a pathetic .webm. Why did you go after the Griffin on Roach? Why didn't you heal up before pursuing it? Why didn't you actually make an effort to not die?

Wooooow dude how was he supposed to know? Fucking instant death, unavoidable

All of those games have good gameplay.

Every game has moments you can cherry pick as examples, but witcher 3 was just a disappointment when it came to combat. Only reason I stuck around is because of the story and it was a game that I could finally utilize my computer to run at max.

meanwhile games like this dont even get mentioned anymore for combat

Attached: Thundercounter_saurian_perfect.gif (400x225, 2.15M)

DD is the greatest RPG ever made, based taste.

No it doesnt. Skyrim is fucking minecraft combat, Undertale unironically has deeper "combat"

It won because gamefaqs got raided by tumblr and half the faggots on this site sided with them for a laugh.
A gamefaqs mod confirmed undertale would have lost every round it was in if it weren't for a massive amount of foreign IPs.

It really isn't. Not even close. Skyrim is bad relative to other games in the ES series. It still has far more depth than undertale.

>DD combat
>doesn't get mentioned anymore
DD still gets a handful of threads daily.

W3 and BotW have terrible combat but for completely different reasons.

Enhanced edition is a meme
Ghost mode is ok

I wonder if it will last as long as TW3 crying. That game is coming up on 5 years old and there's still daily whingeposts.

Looks exactly like Dark Souls but Yea Forums never criticizes that series because is made by japs. Bunch of bias weebs here.

>thread gets made
>gets a dozen posts
>gets archived

yah it has a thriving community

>Yea Forums never criticizes Dark Souls
lol?

You are not nearly as smart as you think.

A few hit bump limit occasionally. Either way, it does pretty well for a game that came out 7 years ago.

LOL good joke, also skyrim got more exploring, more characters, more mods, more play styles

What's your point?