I was awestruck by the sudden realization that the DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people. Then...

I was awestruck by the sudden realization that the DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people. Then, the shadows rushed me...

Attached: DE.jpg (460x215, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IE1NmyrbWA
old.reddit.com/r/DOOM2016Mods/comments/5uxo2d/mod_no_glory_kills/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doomslayer = doomguy

I used to be under the same impression.

How do we know he isn't

He is though.

Attached: daisy's foot.png (1774x775, 784K)

>"DoomSlayer"
>Doomguy armor

I know he has 4 alternative armor sets, which makes it even less credible.

So the Doomslayer also happened to have a pet rabbit named Daisy that was killed by demons during an invasion of Earth?

>quake champions even let's you play as doom3 guy
So fucking based
Doom3 guy was cool

Yeah. The Daisy story is funny. Might as well add it to Eternal, especially since they're going for a full-fledged retro design.

...Except this time I suppose it will be a Argent D'Nur rabbit instead of an Earth one.

Daisy is in the very art of op's pic

Doomguy is a fan name.

When people say "Doomguy" they're referring to the protagonist of DOOM 1 and 2 and I suppose DOOM 64.

yes, that guy is also the protagonist of doom 2016 and doom eternal

Pic related

Attached: hqcfx2eigk331.png (1080x801, 1.37M)

No the protagonist of those two is called "DoomSlayer". Says so in the PDAs.

I pray to allah that you are not insinuating that DoomSlayer is the betrayer.

doom guy is a fan name for doomslayer
like a nick name

Attached: bunneh.png (500x493, 238K)

He probably is considering you learn of the Betrayer in the "Slayer's Testaments", obviously referring to DommSlayer. in the very first one it says "his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment." He betrayed his people and his eternal punishment is to fight the legions of Hell for eternity, hence "eternal" I'm guessing.

MAY ALLAH SMITE YOU AND YOUR E-CELEB GAME THEORIES.

Attached: HNW.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

I don't think that's correct, especially since his official name is DoomSlayer. If you say "Doomguy" people will know which protagonist you're referring to and it isn't the one from the modern games.

yes, the protagonist from 1 and 2's official name is also doomslayer now

Wouldn't it make sense and make for an interesting concept? DoomSlayer's badass path of destruction is actually his eternal punishment for the sins he committed.

Even if that were the case I don't think it would matter in this context. The devs seem pretty in-touch with the community so the very clear distinction between the two names probably wouldn't be lost on them.

what are you talking about?
it does matter, they are the same character

I think you're incorrect. The dubious naming of the characters seems a bit irrelevant considering the actual lore is in more agreement with my theory.

See

how is he not?

Before I continue, have you read all the Slayer's Testaments within the game? If you have, one can follow Occam's Razor and assume that the betrayer is the DoomSlayer. It wouldn't make sense for it to be anyone else.

You don't learn about the betrayer in the slayer's testaments. It's just a story to explain how argent d'nur fell and the wraiths got captured. The closest thing that relates these two people are they were both involved with the sentinels. There is still a big question that if he is the Doomguy how the fuck the chronology works because it implies argent d'nur fell before Doom II, unless they revived the Icon of Sin.

Oh yeah the Betrayer is mentioned in the Wraith's codex.

On the topic of the Icon of Sin, I loved the mention it got in the codex entry.
>To answer that, you must picture yourself transported to the wide open Umbral Plains, or the steps of the great cathedrals of Argent D'Nur, or the glassy shores of the Lake of Fire. Imagine yourself worshipping before the Icon of Sin, in awe of its splendor even as it sleeps till the Call of Ages comes. Envision chanting the names of dark lords in the correct order, empowering them with your rote learning. Fantasize about how it will feel to sense the caress of the Bukavac as it rises from the blood pools of Angrax and strangles the life out of you.

It's my favorite piece of lore in Codex.

Attached: icon.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

They didn't explicitly say that the Night Sentinels found him in while the Argent D'nur was safe from hell, they just said they found during one of his rampages. Doomguy wearing the crown of the night sentinels might be him leading them after their absorption into hell, desperately trying to protect the elemental wraiths from full corruption. The whole "dropping the temple onto doomguy" fiasco could the be the second and last time the sentinels were defeated and the wraiths got turned into the argent battery.

The codex entries about the hell levels are interesting.

Attached: Night Sentinels.jpg (637x358, 119K)

Where is your proof?

So the Night Sentinels were basically magitek space fantasy knights?

>as it sleeps till the Call of Ages comes
I'M READY

Attached: apps.19006.69745484059231022.493c417c-0411-420a-b34a-3dc87d67e29b.jpg (1920x1080, 609K)

Read the thread and come to your own conclusion.

More or less. From a picture that id posted (I don't have it), it seems they were many in number and had species they controlled as part of their army. They are an interesting group, I like the idea of these noble knights studying the viscous ferocity that doomguy displays to demons and implementing that among their ranks, just so they can survive in hell.

Thread seems to indicate they are the same person.

No it's gay and it makes him too much like a Kratos knockoff.

You're gay.

Not sure how you reached that conclusion but so be it.

Wanting Doomguy to have a tragic edgy backstory is pretty fucking homo my dude. Do you want him to paint his nails black and wield a katana too?

It's not my fault if that's what his backstory is. Don't project your frustration at me, blame the devs.

Yes

And he does kind of wield a katana in the new one lol.

Most fans love the idea of him being the same guy.
Id Software are deliberately going out of their way to insert as much fanservice in Eternal as possible. Him being the same guy would be the ultimate fanservice. If he wasn't do you really fucking thing they'd constantly reference the obscure lore that is Daisy constantly?

Also Hugo Martin, the creative director loves Doom 64. He's the same fucking guy, get over it.

nuDoomGuy

Attached: blade_guy.jpg (640x960, 89K)

I doubt it. I'm fairly certain they wouldn't double-back on lore like that. We'll just have to wait til it releases.

Double-back on the vague lore that you're re-construing to fit your headcanon? There is far, FAR more hints that point at him being the same Doomguy.

Get ready to get fucking blown the fuck out November 22nd.

Sorry about the brain damage you received, hope you get better.

Can you give an example of him being the same Doomguy.

See the text in >The left hind foot of Doom Slayer's pet rabbit, Daisy, killed by marauding demons when their invasion of Earth began.
All but states that Doom Slayer is from Earth (but not the one that Doom 2016 takes place in), and that his pet rabbit Daisy was killed by demons when they invaded.

>Everyone questioning if the guy from Doom 2016 is the guy from Doom 1/2
>Nobody questioning if the guy from Doom 2 is the guy from Doom 1
1 has you fighting through the moons of Mars and then going through a portal to Earth. The manual for 2 says you fought the demons on Mars then took a shuttle back to Earth, suggesting that an attack on Mars happened just after the attack on Phobos and Deimos, and the two were repelled by two different guys.

The only evidence you have is from a completely separate game, one which utilized DoomSlayer solely as a method of attracting players. Can you give an example that's actually within the DOOM game series that alludes to DoomSlayer being Doomguy.

>Doom 2 says the Icon of Sin's thrashing limbs caused destruction for miles around
I would love to see something that big as a boss. I know it won't happen, but man, it would be cool.

>He wakes up in a sarcophagus that was pulled out of Hell after battling Hell for untold millenia, which directly lines up with Doom 64's ending (THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF THE FUCKING NEW GAMES FAVORITE DOOM.)

>The Quake Champions Daisy foot. (The legendary skins of Quake Champions for each and every character is what the character looked like before. The lore of the foot describes the events of DOOM 2)

>If you look closely at his face in the visor of Doom Eternal it's literally a complete recreation of his original hud face.

>The developers CONSTANTLY make references to Daisy. If he wasn't the same guy do you honestly think they'd bring up Daisy instead of just try and forget about that goofy little piece of obscure trivia from the old games?

>This is what the fans want. Modern ID has shown to constantly change the game to appeal harder to classic Doom fans. If he wasn't originally planned to be the original guy, he is now. The fan backlash would be too enormous if he wasn't.

That should honestly be enough. Way more than what you naysayers have.

>implying the power of the Dreamlands and the Arena Eternal are constrained by mere dimensional separation

And the evidence you have is...oh right, nothing.

>At the end of Doom 64, Doomguy stays in Hell to keep fucking up demons
>Doom Slayer was last seen in Hell fucking up demons
>Doom Slayer knows how to use guns and computers despite no evidence of such advanced technology existing in Argent D'Nur
>Doom Slayer first encountered the demons "In the First Age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened", and the 2016 game takes place in the fourth age, hinting that the first age was the first game and the fourth age is the fourth game (Not counting 64)

>Doom 64 is a direct sequel to the original games, nothing to do with Argent D'Nur

>Generalized log entry within a game that isn't even DOOM.

>Of course he has the same face, it's a fucking DOOM game.

>Of course it has Daisy, it's a fucking DOOM game.

>This is the only plausible answer, but as I said, I doubt they'd double-back on lore.

Literally every other thing within the actual DOOM guy supports my theory.

Doom 64 had nothing to do with Argent D'Nur, because neither DOOM 1 or 2 did.

speaking of doom, is 64 any good? Its the only one I haven't played.

Then why did Doom 3 protag look different? Both of them?

>If he wasn't originally planned to be the original guy, he is now
I had/have some doubts about them being the same character, but I think this is the key point. The devs were asked when the story of the 2016 game was finalized, and said that if they told us how late in the development it happened, we'd think they're irresponsible. With it being that abrupt, it makes sense that there would be some gaps and some things that might end up being retconned later on. And with how much fanservice the games have, and how much Eternal is trying to emulate the original games, I think it's pretty believable that they'll make the connection.

Is DOOM Eternal a day one buy for anyone else? Not pre-ordering in case the port is shit, but as long as it's solid, I'm jumping in.

Attached: 1562997053055.jpg (1024x1008, 87K)

It's a better horror game than Doom 3.
youtube.com/watch?v=1IE1NmyrbWA

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Space Patrol Luluco - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.31_[2016.04.03_15.30.14].jpg (1280x720, 48K)

What evidence do you have that proves hes always been a resident of Argent D'nur and didn't discover them later on during his one-man war against Hell? Oh right, you've got shit.

It's still a id Software licensed game, you stubborn ass. The Doom team were probably the ones that gave them the lore to work with. They've never denied the Daisy foot lore so stop fucking "n-not canon" when you have nothing to back up that claim.

He has the same face because he's the same guy.

When has Daisy ever been an important part of Doom other than obscure trivia? You're reaching so hard, holy shit.

I just beat it. It's kind of annoying with how enemies keep spawning all around you, and it only adds one (barely) new enemy while removing a few, but it's alright. It does have better technology than the first two, in that level geometry can change more drastically, and I also like the darker, spookier visual design and atmospheric music.

We do see a titan at the end of the eternal trailer, so maybe

>port is shit
are you stupid this isn't a "port" when it's released at the same time. and if you played doom 2016 you know it will run amazing.

DOOM 3 is a remake, in the same regard DOOM 2016 is. Remakes follow the same general principal but alter certain things.
DOOM 3 was just a method for John Carmack to flaunt his coding-cock around and impress people. He doesn't genuinely give a fuck about Doom's lore.

im gonna pirate it, maybe even wait for a mod that turns off glory kills if its moddable.

It's fucking great, man. Get yourself Doom 64 EX and a Doom 64 rom and enjoy yourself. Wearing headphones and playing in the dark for maximum immersion. Feels like you're actually descending into Hell.

>Says so in the PDAs.
2016's codexes also refer to him as "Doom Marine", just like he was called in the original games. So by your logic I guess he's the same guy after all.

Attached: 1545819797870.jpg (355x440, 130K)

In case you're interested, I found a mod for the last game that gets rid of glory kills, I guess by preventing enemies from staggering. It offsets the increased difficulty by also giving enemies a greater chance to drop health when you're low. I haven't tried it, though, so I can't confirm if it works.
old.reddit.com/r/DOOM2016Mods/comments/5uxo2d/mod_no_glory_kills/

You're right, I don't have all the answers, but the information we do have supports my theory more than yours. The theory that makes less assumptions is generally the one that is correct. And why do you keep bringing up his face? Wouldn't the game having the same demons and shit be enough information to link the games together? Why do you cling to such niche details?

>I'll use a single sentence from a game that isn't even DOOM to cement DOOM's lore.

damn i might give 2016 another try then, never finished it.

i really dont want to make a new thread for this because it wont be alive for longer than 2 posts, but how do you guys feel about turok? does anyone here think it deserves a new entry ala doom 2016?

>The theory that makes less assumptions is generally the one that is correct
Occam's Razor is not a guarantor of correctness.

Original protagonist is called Doomguy, not Doom marine. Your smug sip is meaningless here.

>Then why did Doom 3 protag look different?
Because he's a different guy. Doom 3 takes place in a parallel universe that was invaded by the same hell that appears in every Doom game. Doom 2016 makes reference to events that happened in 3's universe (i.e. hell's failed attempt at invading ancient Mars).

Attached: 1547371208249.jpg (1024x576, 118K)

Also the Soul Cube was in Olivia Pierce's office.

Not a guarantor, but it helps.

see The fact that you can't grasp this tells me you have autism.

>"but the information we do have supports my theory more than yours."

No, it really doesn't. Doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself or everyone else that.

>I'll keep denying the Daisy foot isn't proof because... uh... I said so.

You're really desperate.

>Original protagonist is called Doomguy
Doomguy was never his official name you dope.

You can keep telling me I'm wrong but if you won't provide any counterpoints I'm afraid we can't progress the argument any further. Perhaps that's for the best.

doomguy is dumb

Attached: on the internet no one knows you're hellspawn.jpg (420x300, 18K)

Any circle which is familiar with DOOM will instantly know who you're referring to when you say "Doomguy" and DoomSlayer". People in this thread are aware of Bethesda's fanservice only when it suits their theory.

shut up mr. skeltal, before I shove you into a slipgate

Attached: 1507077320815.jpg (285x352, 20K)

>I'll use a single sentence from a game that isn't even DOOM to cement DOOM's lore.
Pretty sure the guy directing Quake Champions (Willits?) said they treat all of the info in character bios as canon since it's all written internally at id.

People in this thread are saying that the devs will be willing to completely ret-con DOOM 2016's lore to fit the new game's fanservice. Of course this excludes Quake Champions. No sir, the lore in that game is set in stone, can't be altered or ignored. Even if it spoils the potential big twist of Doom Eternal.

>Any circle which is familiar with DOOM will instantly know who you're referring to when you say "Doomguy" and DoomSlayer".
And? That still doesn't mean Doomguy was his official name when the originals were released.

Yo, explain something to me
>And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to his evil cause
What "evil cause"? If he helped Doomguy, how was he being loyal to evil? How was he both heretical and loyal? I don't get this line.

THE LOREEEEE

Everybody else has provided far more proof that you're wrong. You only have vague PDA blurbs that neither confirm or deny shit. You have nothing. You have LESS than nothing.

At the end of the day modern id are trying desperately to make fans happy and the fans want him to be the same Doomguy. You are a very autistic minority.

I don't see how that matters. Who cares about what happened when the originals were released.

Demons being butthurt hypocrites to make themselves look like victims.

>Even if it spoils the potential big twist of Doom Eternal.
How is Doomguy being revealed as Doomguy a "big twist"? Everyone already assumes that's the case, except for morons who think he's "the Betrayer" for whatever reason.

>Daisy is on the fucking cover of doom eternal

What more proof do you NEED

>Goal of demons is to be assholes.
>Wretch is an asshole... but to other demons.

Attached: shrugging beetleborgs.gif (200x183, 428K)

Why the fuck are you getting upset with me? For the most part I've been courteous the whole time and only provided actual information. You call me autistic yet you're getting visibly steamed. If you desperately need to believe that both characters are the same than so be it. Why do you care what I think?

>You have nothing. You have LESS than nothing.
Cringe

It will never be enough for "he's not the same guy!" autists. Marty Stratton could just flat out come out and say "he's the same guy, dipshits" and they'd still try and deny it.

>these Bethesda shills talking with each other like we're supposed to believe them
I'm actually excited for the gam ebut nobody on Yea Forums talks like this, let alone gives a fuck about the "lore" of 2016. Seriously, when the fuck did this become a thing in Doom threads prior to this past E3?

Not that guy, but the Doom Slayer is obviously a version of Doomguy, the question is in whether he's the same version or a new interpretation. The Pennywise in the new IT movies isn't the same as the one from the 80's miniseries and neither is the same as the one from the book. They're all Pennywise, but they're still distinct versions, like how this Doomguy might be distinct from the original version. The similarities don't mean anything, the backstory is what's important.

Because you're a dumbfuck who denies mountains of evidence while plugging your ears and going "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" So of course it's going to be very irritating.

Having a pretentious attitude about your shitty headcanon is far more cringy, too.

Could just be artificial hype for the next game.
Especially since it's after E3.

Log off and take a breather.

>Who cares about what happened when the originals were released.
Previous post was arguing that they're separate people because one is called Doomguy and the other is called Doomslayer in-game. Except officially he was referred to as Doom Marine for both the originals and 2016, meaning by his logic they're the same guy since they have the same name.

"Y-you mad?"

Log off permanently.

Wouldn't doubt it. Doom 2016 was k but Bethesda's shilling was unbearable and considering their paid audience this past E3 they really went balls to the walls with paid shills

>No sir, the lore in that game is set in stone, can't be altered or ignored.
Well until Eternal comes out and says otherwise he's the same guy, officially. There's nothing else to argue, really.

Since you all love Quake Champions so much.

Attached: Quake Champions.png (502x874, 418K)

You're implying that my accusation of you being mad is incorrect when you already admitted to it.

>the backstory is what's important
>2016's backstory is that he's spent eons fighting demons in hell and possibly beyond
>64 ends with him deciding to stay in hell to fight demons
I mean what else does there need to be? id seems to treat 64 as important, so there's no real question as to whether or not it's canon.

Attached: 1540965854054.png (946x677, 1.41M)

What is your argument here?

Because 64 is a continuation of Doom 1 and 2, neither of which had anything to do with Argent D'Nur. Am I wrong?

>Seriously, when the fuck did this become a thing in Doom threads prior to this past E3?
Were you not around when Doom 2016 released? This discussion on "is he the same guy?" is nothing new.

>"officially he was referred to as Doom Marine for both the originals and 2016"
Because """officially""" he isn't.

Meant for .

>neither of which had anything to do with Argent D'Nur
Why does it need to?

>2016's backstory is that he's spent eons fighting demons in hell and possibly beyond
Yeah, but what about before that? It's never confirmed whether he came from Earth or Argent D'Nur.

Unrelated, but why does the Doom 64 display have pics of Cacodemons from Doom 1/2?

I suppose one can come up with the headcanon that DoomSlayer was in Hell already and the Templars from D'Nur found him and made him their ruler. However, I can't understand why they would invent an entire race of beings and that sub-plot when they could've just skipped straight from Doomguy's imprisonment in Doom 64 straight to the opening of the tomb in Doom 2016. No lore would be lost, not even DoomSlayer's reputation amongst the demons.

>why they would invent an entire race of beings and that sub-plot
Because it's cool. It reminds me of the cool extra fluff you'd find in games like Heretic and Hexen.

>It's never confirmed whether he came from Earth or Argent D'Nur.
What makes you think he came from Argent D'Nur? Wouldn't the whole point about the Night Sentinals finding him in hell imply otherwise?
>However, I can't understand why they would invent an entire race of beings and that sub-plot
Argent D'Nur exists to demonstrate where Argent energy came from (I believe) and show that hell's primary goal is to absorb any realm/world/whatever they invade into itself, which they successfully did with Argent D'Nur.

>why does the Doom 64 display have pics of Cacodemons from Doom 1/2?
Probably because they have lots of classic Doom merchandise lying around that they can use (i.e. stickers), but nothing for Doom 64.

Out of curiosity, was it ever specified what year the first game takes place in?

>Wouldn't the whole point about the Night Sentinals finding him in hell imply otherwise?
It's never specified that they found him there.

It's unspecified.

Cope harder faggot. Doomguy and Doom Slayer are one and the same

Attached: my severe OCD in image form.png (918x2500, 2.39M)

So your argument is the costume names? The only reason people pay attention to the character bios specifically is because id said they were handled internally. Nobody's claiming that QC's gameplay, costumes, or any details related to such is canon to anything.

I don't get how this works. Does this mean there was a gigantic demon that somehow got killed and had its skull imprinted into the wall by other demons?

Doom 1 takes place in 2022

But where does Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 fit in the timeline?

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1200x675, 383K)

Different skins don't mean shit. Daisy's foot is a reference to that specific Doomguy skin. If all Doomguys were the same person because they're in quake champions, then I guess even Doom 3 guy is also the Slayer despite having a completely different face and backstory.

Attached: 1503962820877.jpg (3848x1659, 1.18M)

I don't think that timeline is quite right. Doomguy was a member of the Night Sentinels, wouldn't he have had to have joined before they were betrayed? I assumed the betrayal happened after Doom 64, and that the demons used The Well to revive the Icon of Sin after Doomguy killed it.

Which Doomguy has the coolest armor and why is it Quake3/TonyHawkguy?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (620x620, 28K)

One of the games in that chart has you watch a black guy fucking an obese ex-Nazi woman. Not sure what you want me to do with this chart, man. If DoomSlayer's great ancestor really was Blazkowitz than he's the descendant of a literal cuck. Now that's some nice lore.

I'm not making a fucking point man. People in this thread are making a bunch of different claims regarding the "official" names of the different Doomguy iterations. They're also treating the Daisy's foot trinket item in Quake Champions as canon even though it's just a bit of flavor text. In turn, I used the """official""" names of the different Doomguy iterations from Quake Champions to prove my point.

The Betrayer's son was the Icon of Sin, putting the betrayal before the original Doom games

>Daisy's foot is a reference to that specific Doomguy skin
Then why doesn't the text use "Doomguy" instead of "Doomslayer"?
>If all Doomguys were the same person because they're in quake champions
Nobody is claiming this. Doomslayer is the same guy from the originals because the text implies that he experienced the same events that occurred in the original games.

doom 3's marine armor also looks cool. the worst is still nudoom guy's armor, though. reminds me of 343 armor.

All the lore scrolls refer to the base skin's backstory though. Guess what Doom's base skin is.

All of the legendary skins are supposed to be who that specific character used to be. The base skin is Doomslayer, while his legendary skin is classic Doomguy, which is pretty heavy proof they're the same. Doom 3 skin is just there to throw a bone to Doom 3 fans.

>They're also treating the Daisy's foot trinket item in Quake Champions as canon even though it's just a bit of flavor text.

What's it like working at id software?

Various liberties are taken with the enemies of DOOM 2016 and DOOM eternal. The Icon of Sin probably follows similar lore adjustments.

The helmet of the Doom 3 armor looked really fucking stupid in the original game. They fixed it in Champions.

>Doomguy was a member of the Night Sentinels, wouldn't he have had to have joined before they were betrayed?
Who's to say the Night Sentinels completely disappeared after they were betrayed? A group of them might have committed themselves to fighting demons in hell just like Doomguy did.

Yeah, it's definitely improved. The color's better, too.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (256x512, 82K)

>Then why doesn't the text use "Doomguy" instead of "Doomslayer"?

Because the only reason DoomSlayer is in the game is to attract players. It means nothing.

Absolutely.

>They're also treating the Daisy's foot trinket item in Quake Champions as canon even though it's just a bit of flavor text
They're treating it as canon because id said they were treating all of the in-game text as canon, which is partly why there's so much of it.

Fair point. They all seem to be dead by the time the game takes place, but I guess some of them could have survived for a bit after Hell took over.

The ranger ones are heart breaking.

Yeah, people say a lot of things.

Trapped in Lovecraft's Dreamlands, without any of the romanticism, forced to fight every day of his life for the amusement of mad alien gods. Life is hard for a Miskatonic alumnus.

Attached: ranger miskatonic.png (536x1188, 779K)

>Because the only reason DoomSlayer is in the game is to attract players. It means nothing.

Awfully presumptuous of you.

Attached: 14c.jpg (207x253, 8K)

>Because the only reason DoomSlayer is in the game is to attract players.
No you dope. If the text about Daisy's foot is only related to the Doomguy skin, then why did they not use the Doomguy name when referring to him? It's not like that text ONLY shows up when you're using the Doomguy skin.

As said the text is in reference to the base skin/character, as it is for every other QC character.

We really need another quake single player game
Rangers deserves a chance of a better closure.

Because it's just there for attracting players and they don't genuinely care about the specifics.

There was one """leaker""" on here that said the Doom Eternal Maruader demon is actually heavily implied to be a corrupted Ranger. Sad if true.

>Because it's just there for attracting players
Lore text that only unlocks after hours of paying is there to attract players? What?

Attached: 6f8.png (680x512, 349K)

That guy also said snapmap was planned for post-release content when the devs have already said otherwise. He's full of shit.

Nah, more likely Ranger would be the property of the Elder Gods. What is Hell to the true powers that move all reality?

>Hayden sends Doomguy back to Hell at the end of the 2016 game
>Hell keeps invading other dimensions, Doomguy follows
>Meets up with Ranger and starts fighting demons and monsters from Quake together
>Ranger gets corrupted by demons and Doomguy loses his only friend

Attached: Trying to think.png (400x426, 278K)

The hud and arcade looking pick ups have me a bit worried honestly

Attached: 1562816737027.png (1280x680, 909K)

I coulda sworn that was the other """leaker""" had very different info, but I could be wrong. I've seen two so far and they were both pretty different from each other. Both are most likely lying faggots anyways.

I hope there's a secret level where you fight Quake enemies, and especially a secret level where you fight Nazis and kill hanged Commander Keens in order to exit, like in Doom 2. I also noticed the E3 clip had them calling the portal the Slipgate.

what the fuck were they thinking? It looked better in the trailers before. that hud reminds me of fucking overwatch.

I'm still curious if Doomguy died at the end of Knee Deep in the Dead and that's why he ended up in Deimos/Hell, or if the teleporter took him there and he survived the ambush.

Am I the only one who thinks that relations between Ranger and Doom Slayer would be frosty at best?

Big plot twist: Hell has been waging war with the elder gods since time immemorial and Hell invades and absorbs other dimensions to forcefully recruit other beings and expand its territory to better fight them. They "recruited" Ranger because they know he has experience in fighting them and even killed one.

Yeah, the game's got some issues with presentation. They say they're not trying to make it a "cinematic experience", but there's a middle ground between that and being completely arcadey that the last game just about nailed and this one doesn't.

>"There's a secret nearby"
Jesus fucking shit. Fuck new games. Fuck them all. If you're not playing old games (pre-Windows/PS1 generation/etc) EXCLUSIVELY, you aren't a gamer.

Nah i am 99% sure is the betrayer
The glimpse of the the dude in a trone that looks liek the leader hologram in the newest trailer have a similar armor of the marauder.

I'd dig it. Just throw in The Serpent Riders from Heretic/Hexen and we'd be in for a party.

I think they'd team up, but then go their separate ways. Ranger just wants to go home, while Doomguy has an unending hatred for demons.

looks like this except with eye destroying colors

Attached: hud.jpg (1024x768, 203K)

PS2/Gamecube games rarely had that stuff though

i prefer the one that had all the enemies on the minimap surrounding the escortee

Marauder is the protag from pic
calling it now

Attached: doom.jpg (220x315, 31K)

The hud defintely sucks but I'm thinking the arcade-like pickups might be placeholders (or at least I hope they are). It feels weird that they'd drop the little figures that everyone liked for a literal giant question mark (probably just didn't want to spoil anything). Also I don't see the final game having floating, highlighted weapons when you already have ammo lying everywhere in a similar fashion. I think it was just to give demo players a chance to use weapons that wouldn't have appeared at that point in the game normally.

Additionally, Eternal already has more "immersive" pickups like health shrines you break apart and perk sphere things that zap Doomguy, which seem inconsistent with the presentation of some of the more basic pickups.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE ARTIFACT BRO I TOLD YOU DAWG

They did have a lot of fucking shit style over substance with bullshit controls and gameplay, though.
Gaming died around the mid-90s and is now a fucking wasteland of shit.

Maledict should come back. Preferably without the old man for a tongue.

Doom 3 is my favorite so it would be cool if this was true. I know it's not but still, doom 3 was good god dammit.

nah bro its totally fine. i can stop whenever i want!

Attached: Artifactdoom3roe.JPG.jpg (1024x768, 77K)

Doom 2016 leaves it vague on purpose.

It both refers to him as a person from another plane than our world, but also drops some hints back to the old Doom games.

It could go either way that he is just a similar person in the same universe as Doom 1 and 2. Or that he was the original Doom guy he left this plane and battled hell on others eventually circling back around ages later. In other words he came from that other plane but wasn't originally from it.

Doom 64's ending could tie in with either I think, being that he stayed in hell and that was original's end or that he stayed in hell and didn't go back to earth and just battled for so long he became the legendary slayer.

I think he is the same guy and I think that is going to be a reveal in Doom Eternal.

Dies. Doomguy is the original Kratos who angries himself into a super human and punches his way back to life. I still remember replaying the level because I thought I fucked it up back then.

>he doesn't want lemonparty demon doublesucc
Fag

i think it can be considered a port when a game's clearly designed around console usability and there's minimal adjustments made to the pc version. not saying doom will be that, though.

I'm not liking that Eternal does 3rd person cutscenes. Id had everything perfect in 2016.

Actually Doom 3 was called "Doom Marine" the only time they called Doomguy Doom Marine was in Doom 64
How do "doomfans" not know this?
Thank god im a Duke Nukem fan

Do we have any more than 1 confirmed?