>2019
>I am forgotten

Attached: 2BA7CCAA-DF6B-42F0-8167-1A38580166B7.png (554x554, 4K)

>shitted on PC audience
>bankrupt
Karma's a Bitch

They're making Hunt: Showdown though, which I think is actually pretty sick. Seems that everyone does think the company is dead though because the player count is real low, feel like most people don't even realize it exists.

and they got a shitload of money from Turkey's government to stay up

where the Crysis games any good?

First one was pretty good overall, second one was good too which is an unpopular opinion, but way more linear and more in the city. But i still thought it was pretty top notch. Crysis 3 feels is meh and feels more like a tech demo.

Hunt Showdown is leaving early access next month. Crytek have released a new game every two years for years.

Crytek were pragmatic. They chose to keep making bleeding edge PC games while porting them to consoles because literally no AAA dev can survive making PC exclusives.

not really outside of the technology

Crysis 3 was rushed. They spend all that effort on amazing dynamic grass, and it's gone after one mission. The feral Ceph are introduced, then disappear. The bow is terribly unbalanced. A lot of the ceph are inexplicably pushovers despite being heavily armoured. The game needed more time in the oven. A lot of staff were reallocated to Homefront and Ryse, too.

Name a better sandbox FPS than Crysis. Ubisoft's severely watered down version of Crytek's formula doesn't count.

They chose to make shitty console games and port them to pc as an afterthought. Fuck those greedy turks. Crysis 1 is great but the rest is garbage

Except Crysis 2 and 3 were highly consolized gameplay wise

Complete nonsense. Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are PC games first and foremost. The console ports are severely hobbled.

Operation Flashpoint. Crysis 1 is great though.

Never go full retard. You just went full retard.

If they stayed on PC then they still would have been bankrupt

Not really. Crytek were always going to change the nanosuit because audiences hated it. Found it extremely fiddly and frustrating to use. There's always been a demographic of Crysis 1 fans in denial about the nanosuit. They're a vocal minority convinced that their niche love of a fiddly and poorly balanced game mechanic was widely shared.

Kinda like how the strongest feedback for Dead Space 2 was that the game was too scary to play and needed coop, oddly enough.

Warface, Crytek's P2W FPS game, is still alive and well. Its on all the consoles and PC. Barely.

Crytek don't own Warface anymore. Sold it to the Russians. I think one of the Crytek branches still develops it, though.

The weird part is that Crytek were big pioneers of the F2P game. And VR. But they jumped the gun, fell into the Pay 2 Win trap, and stuff like that. Warface became the poster child of pay to win back in the day.

Hopefully Hunt steers well clear of that bullshit. It was originally going to be F2P, but they've gone for paid with cosmetic MTs.

It's crazy how many PC gamers pretend PC exclusivity is economically viable when AAA games cost upwards of 100 million dollars to make.

you dont need 100 millions to make a good game. not to mention at least half of it is marketing

Crytek's VR games are fantastic. I love booting up The Climb and just hanging out.

It's crazy how you just made a strawman argument and thought it would pass as a good argument

You cannot make a AAA singleplayer game without a huge budget, and you cannot sell it without a huge marketing budget. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.

If it's a straw man argument, how do you explain the complete disappearance of PC exclusive AAA titles? PC gamers can stick their head in the sand all they want. Imagine if Ubisoft had made Far Cry 5 a PC exclusive. The PC version hasn't cracked a million on Steam. Great game, great PC port, not viable as a PC exclusive due to huge budget.