Why was Nier: Automata much more commercially successful than Nier?

Why was Nier: Automata much more commercially successful than Nier?

Attached: IMG_7464.jpg (960x1200, 134K)

ass

Because NieR was a horrible game with terrible combat, graphics, level design, pacing, tedious fetch quest bullshit, horrible overworld, clear lack of budget, horribly written story. Held up by the amazing storytelling, characters & music. People only claimed to like it more than Automata out of contrarianism. NieR: Automata is basically the Mass Effect 2 to NieR's Mass Effect. Except unlike ME1 which was a masterpiece, NieR was a terrible game.

Attached: cumbrain.png (952x717, 186K)

Me on the left

I have no idea user
must have been the...gameplay

Attached: squish.jpg (3503x5248, 2.95M)

I'm pretty sure even a blind man can answer that user

Because it was developed by a well-known studio with a history of popular video games who actually made a game that's fun to play and not complete garbage like the original and it actually had advertising including a strong appearance at E3.

But I know you want to hear other people are pathetic cumbrains like you though even though ther est of your shitty fanservice games sell like shit so IT WAZ DA AZZZZZZZ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

>horribly written story
>amazing storytelling
????

Attached: 1gsx6n.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Father Nier>Brother Nier>2B

For the same reason Atelier Ryza will be more successfull than past Atelier games.

all true about the gameplay but the characters and story are childish, whiny, annoying and think they're way deeper than they actually are. music is just ok, the only good songs are rarely played & and the final mix of the best song is shit compared to trailer version.

Barely anyone heard of Nier until years after. Automata got E3 hype and some actual marketing.

Compelling Story with Shit Storytelling = Chrono Cross
Bland Story with Amazing Storytelling = The Last of Us

>the last of us
back
to
the
gaf

pc release

>don't let this be you
>stop before it's too late
oh no

I only cared about this game because it had Platinum name atached to the gameplay part of it, with Square Enix seal of "monetary investment" as seasoning. That's pretty much it.

There are horny dudes and prior Nier fans around, and those are pretty vocal, but I think most people align with me in regards of "reason to why I got interested in Automata".

Attached: Evaristo rindo.jpg (620x429, 65K)

The first Nier was better.

Because the current market is filled with third person action RPG and as result the game was more palatable to a wider audience. Anyone who thinks that it's because the main character has a nice ass is retarded, by that logic Hellblade: Setsuna, Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge should have all been as popular as Nier: Automata.

Because it was available on more platforms than 1 and had better gameplay.

X qz me sweetie, but Hellblade's MC is ugly and dirty as sin with crack addict eyes, It makes sense to the plot, but still, the point stand that she is fucking ugly and Mirror's Edge MC is barely shown in the screen in-game since the perspective is first person. In regards to Bayonetta, she is pretty popular, and her looks were actually a big drive to most of her game's fanbase.

Three examples, and you missed in all of them. I do agree that the gameplay element and Square budget were the biggest reason for it's popularity, but god damn, you are making me feel ashamed to be align with your position by giving such retarded comparisons.

Attached: I will curse you.png (304x496, 401K)

>ez cosplay
>messes up the simplest part and wears parties
Jesus fucking Christ it’s not that hard

>arm hair

Attached: 1554018496096.jpg (750x739, 43K)

>Yes goy don't masturbate, spending exorbitant amount of money on women in my jewelry/clothing boutiques/kosher restaurants instead

9S>

I love the pseudoscience shit that gets spread around Yea Forums lately. So many dumb mother fuckers inhabiting this website now.

Arm hair is erotic, and primal though.

excuse me, this is 4channel

The site got flooded with actual facebook retards.

More marketing and better gameplay.

But androids don't have hair therefore it's bad cosplay.

>only on ps3
vs
>on pc, xbone, ps4
hmm whoa

>on ps3 and x360 vs pc, xbone, ps4
ftfy

nier was on 360 as well bro

Woah, thats literally me when im wanking.

Yep, its really pathetic when they start posting their .jpgs of retarded shit like that. The sudden burst of internet gave bullshit another life. Stuff like aliens, the jews did this, conspiracy theories, presidents worshipping the devil etc. Rejects like Alex jones that were no more than obscure blathering retards got another chance at feeding on easily influenced teenage audience.