Whats The Best FF?

And why the fuck is it FFXIV. The lore, the game play the aesthetic. It's essentially multiplayer FFXII

Attached: Playffxiv.jpg (1923x1079, 457K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=saYCZ9jzLEA
youtube.com/watch?v=JeYATGs70Ss
youtu.be/9O5-yJjJpZ4?t=337
youtube.com/watch?v=Dj9HWANMd_k
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM
youtube.com/watch?v=ASOATgfR8fo
youtu.be/r7K_BowsTtw
youtube.com/watch?v=iW7b8Mo_SFU
youtu.be/u20Py_d2aI8
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: EMET YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.jpg (210x240, 16K)

The music, the writing, its perfect. How is WoW even relevant. I need to go back and do the dirty pirate hooker quest I missed out on.

11 was way better.

the most kino song of shb
youtube.com/watch?v=saYCZ9jzLEA

Friend of mine is trying the trial. But aether is 100% full. Any ideal hours he should try for?

uhh
youtube.com/watch?v=JeYATGs70Ss

take me back

Attached: 1547357147043.png (498x364, 55K)

All the cool guys play on Sarg, Balmung is for fgts

give me a rundown of the story and what makes it so great. i keep hearing this but no one ever explains why it's so awesome

I didn't think it was possible to make an ugly Viera?

Im not sure it opens up anymore at all.

It's actually XI, but XIV is a close second.

>yfw I AM STIFLED BY THIS VESSEL OF FLESH

Attached: 944E5206-73F1-4D9D-AAA9-324C7F70BB91.png (900x506, 279K)

It's not a traditional FF story. The political intrigued is painted extremely gray, and they often toss around the pros and cons of refugee situations, war, religion, etc.
This latest expansion is rad because it raises the question: "what if the light side fully defeated the dark?" And that lack of balance throws everything out of whack. So you have to restore the darkness and achieve that balance once again. Plus it's got some great twists, and characters.

>This latest expansion is rad because it raises the question: "what if the light side fully defeated the dark?"
By the time you finish Shadowbringers that shit isn't even on your mind anymore. There's way more kino things going on.

Attached: 1559857932980.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

Can't wait. I'm still working through 4.x right now actually. The trailer for ShB is what got me to start playing tho.

is it impossible to get the stupid leveling earring anymore for the steam version?

What are we fighting in Eden besides ARR Primals 2.0?

Attached: Gilgamesh.png (660x574, 378K)

that sounds cool desu, i might install the trial and see if i like the mechanix

Too be fair he did nothing wrong, his issue is his goal is incompatible from the other people who live there, he just wants his people back.

>implying fully rid of the dark
>implying there won't be cloud of darkness fuckery going on later.

That's why everyone likes him as a villain, his goals make sense they just run opposite of ours.

you wont.
they butchered the Lv1-50 experience so badly its nearly impossible to like.
plus the original story was so overly padded with fetch quests, its very difficulty to put up with.

but if you make it past Lv50, it grows far better.
but as a warning, it NEVER loses its padded storytelling, its just far LESS than the base game, and the early patches.
you'll still be mid scenario, when suddenly u cant find out what happens to the NPC standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, until you spend a couple of hours grinding another level, then it lets u continue on.

Post more bun sluts

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1919x1073, 504K)

Potion seller... Enough of these games.

Attached: ArkdMht.png (667x131, 30K)

Fucking this. It had so much more soul until SE killed it to shill XIV.

what's the gayest a Hrothgar can get?

Being a Hrothgar.

I completely forgot Savage is coming up, now might be the time to make some killings on those Tinctures.

Attached: 1548903592939.jpg (400x600, 134K)

male viera wont come any faster

Savage is still almost a month off. Next Tuesday is normal only.

I thought it was 2 weeks from Normal mode?

The story is great at "revelations", or setting up pieces so that at a climax they all fit together.

Guardian Forces and other Nomura monsters, we already fought Quetzelcoatl the GF at the end of Akademia

As a kid I enjoyed FF7 because it was my first FF experience and got me interested in playing its predecessors.

Attached: pastaff14.jpg (2016x1134, 454K)

pastel blue and pink fur

It's two weeks away.

you erp?

got a pic?

Yeah something like that. 2 weeks and a half is almost a month and I better not hear any complaints.

Nobody talks about Stormblood. Is it that bad?

youtu.be/9O5-yJjJpZ4?t=337

Attached: imglad.jpg (300x345, 42K)

No reason to now that the latest hotness is here. Stormblood's story is very mediocre since it's, legitimately, a directionless filler expansion, and Shadowbringers talks about basically nothing that just happened in it. Its actual content and job-changes were pretty good, though.

same here, it was posted here and i thought, "that was fucking rad", and the game was free with twitch prime so i grabbed it and i just finished SHB, what a ride

It's decent, but flawed
I blame the fact that they shoved in Doma, and that Zenos is a shit main villain for the story

youtube.com/watch?v=Dj9HWANMd_k

Yeah I remember when they ripped off XI again.

You better have had your retainers on cubus flesh duty all this time, otherwise it will really cut into your profits if you get it off the market board. It costs 2 fate gems as opposed to the usual 1 (4 for HQ). The other way of getting it is to legit go kill the mob in the tempest which is downright awful for the time/drop rate. You need 2 for each potion craft.

Should I just pay to skip it then? Or is there something important?

OP are you retarded by chance? FFXI not only has a better story, you saying FFXII is multiplayer FFXIV is hilarious, because FFXII was an attempt at making an offline FFXI.

It's is painfully average and came after one great expansion and came before another great expansion. It is sandwiched between two great expansions, and compared to them, Stormblood is just very eh.

FFTA is and always will be my favorite.

Yeah, I've seen the ingredient list. I mostly need the aethersands but I'll be able to procure those soon and with the help of a friend if I need - it's mostly those I'm worried about.

No you piece of shit, don't skip anything

No, don't skip it. The weeb parts that take place in Hingashi/Kugane/Doma are pretty good, it's only 4.0-4.1's story-content that's actually boring and it picks up hard again in 4.4 and 4.5.

I'm so glad I didn't touch these threads for the last two weeks and didn't get anything of that ending spoiled. Boy what a fucking ride, how can they top this shit? The same writer is in charge for all the coming patches, right?

Attached: ffxiv_09072019_230526_180.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Fuck AST.

Attached: ffxiv_07132019_223355_792.png (386x495, 101K)

>The story is great at "revelations", or setting up pieces so that at a climax they all fit together.
I do wonder what's going to happen withat "Meanwhile, at the Clockwork City of Goug" moment.

Attached: 1563025149459.jpg (2048x2048, 1.41M)

id say just tough it out but thats because im personally committed to not paying a cent past the subscription fee except the marriage

Holy shit actually off yourself immediately. Even 13 is better than your fucking grindy ERP chatroom

>The same writer is in charge for all the coming patches, right?
Assumedly, she got lifted up to just flat-out working on the MSQ now. I recall Heavensward was written based off of her notes.

Jesus christ user your glamor is more inconsistent than the tone of Saints Row 3.
>allagan pants
>skyrat shirt
>some random nerd glasses
>plain leather gloves
And on top of that, you're trying to look slutty.
Apply yourself.

trying too hard

>Almost have AST to 80
>Really excited to never touch the fucking job again until 6.0

Attached: 1520389653836.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Just came to let you guys know that FFXIV is shit compared to the chad FFXI, thank you and good night.
p.s. drink water, it's hot tonight

No skipping.

Attached: 1552195686090.png (325x300, 87K)

Aethersand is easy to get, same old thing you are already familiar with. The cubus flesh on the other hand is killing a lvl79/80 (aka won't be done in 1 or 2 hits) mob for shitty drop rates. That's the one that sucks ass.

>tfw that's almost me except DRK/DRG over DNC/PLD
Good taste but I'll still level AST just because I assume it's getting kneejerk buffed.

Stop posting your 10 gil whore

Goddammit I'm so close to Shadowbringers I can taste it.

Am I supposed to keep rerolling on Khloe's stupid sticker book until I get two lines?

close but no
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM

That's not even the best FF MMO.

The most important parts that set up ShB are in 4.2 onwards iirc, so no, don't skip.

>tfw parsed purple on my first clear for innocence extreme
I know the fight is not hard, but it still feels good.

Attached: 1526652593678.png (419x580, 437K)

Buffs can't help a raid dps centric job that can't even get its raid dps abilities out before the end of the trick attack window

AST is in the shed until the next expansion

Purple is a big range from straight awful to almost orange. Why didn't you just say the number?

Issues with XIV:

>Literally every dungeon is a hallway with ironclad linearity
>Literally every boss is just a dude in a circular arena
>Everything related to PvP is shit
>Open world zones are tiny, empty, have nothing going on, and are separated by loading screens
>Zero player choice in character building (stat choice, skill choice, talents, gear choice, etc.)
>Gear is universally boring (No gear sets, no unique effects, etc.)
>Classes are completely amateurish in their design (combos that only exist to be done in perfect sequence, two separate abilities like Demon SSlice > demon Slaughter that could be done with a single proc, etc.)
>Boring questing with awful instancing, unlike TESO/GW2/etc with unique instanced zones only for questing
>Over-complicated crafting which is ultimately just as meaningless as WoW's because it only exists to make catch-up gear and consumables

Attached: smugasuka.jpg (560x577, 49K)

Rerolling for one line is enough in my book. I assume you'd run out of points quickly if that were your maxim.

>people started filtering the image
>better use a new one

Attached: 1563042237087.png (706x598, 92K)

Did.....Runar..............

?????????????????

lets see yours

Because I'm dogshit

Is BLM THAT good? My THM is only lvl 23 so it'd be a major pain in the ass to level.

Attached: 1557498391949.jpg (4925x3014, 1.58M)

>Boring questing with awful instancing, unlike TESO/GW2/etc with unique instanced zones only for questing
This is not correct in the context of ESO nor XIV.
XIV has solo duties just like GW2 has instanced quest zones for the major story missions. ESO has many more zones that are open to groups leading to someone steamrolling the quest instance while you wait for a boss to spawn.

It's the strongest DPS in the game by a good margin right now, and generally has been number 1 for a while.

It used to be looked down on for being one of the two completely selfish DPSes, but since most DPSes are more selfish now, that matters less.

I'm sure you're better than you think.

Yeah it's great. Simple rotation with extremely high dps. The only caveat is you have to know how not to move and get away with last second slidecasts.

Keep on with it, user. Shadowbringers is absolutely 100% worth the wait and the ride up to it, it's the same anticipation you probably had for Heavensward coming out of ARR.

yes

I did a quest involving a dwarf who was in love with a human girl. I expected it to turn into shenanigans where he tries asking her out, but the quest ends with him saying he's gonna see the world and then walks away.

Is there a questline here or was that the extent of his story?

Every dramatic cutscene just makes me laugh because of my little fucking potato character.

XIs races are immensely superior to XIVs but thats about it

>c&h comic trying to justify a copypasta as a legitimate criticism
funnier than you posting the pasta again desu

DELETE
LALAS

Is there a tracker for the World bosses in Khoulusia and Tempest yet? I just need one more kill and I can finally get the frog mount.

And you know, literally all the jobs and abilities.

Why don't you come down here and say that?

Literally just go play the game and when it's up your hunt linkshells will be going crazy, it will be impossible to miss. It's what I did.

Love Y'shtola like his own mother for keeping their settlement from dying out? Yes, user, yes he did.

Attached: 1546419896778.png (844x1199, 706K)

you got this man i believe in you.
if youre on aether dc im always down to run story dungeons

Attached: 1560252757933.jpg (518x388, 12K)

>thats about it
confirmed for not having made any progress in the game whatsoever, as the entire experience virtually shits on FFXIV, and the story is so FAR superior to XIV that I don't even know where to start.

BLM is fucking phenomenal because you're more fighting the game itself than you are fighting the boss. Mobility is king in XIV. BLM has precious little mobility and every moment you're moving is a moment you're not casting something.

>Sacrifice 50% of your population just to summon Zodiark
>Sacrifice another 50% of your population just to give him Aether
>Let life sprout back on the planet
>Then when there's enough life, sacrifice all of them
>Maybe this will bring back all of the Amaurotians lmao
Jesus Christ. The 14th member was right that the other Convocation members were being retarded.

Attached: 1533379754453.jpg (1200x675, 116K)

>mmo
>best anything
thanks for the laugh

Attached: 1503866327450.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

They're the same overall quality but in different areas of storytelling and player-involvement desu

I really don't understand people playing anything other than Hyur. It just doesn't seem right.

That was it bro.

Slidecast is move and cast.

>Mfw not a parse tranny and dont use potions
>Still clear and perform just fine
Rofl

>how to spot someone who never played FFXI

I'd argue against crafting being meaningless but yeah most of the other points are true.

The gear one in particular my biggest problem with the game. XIV straight up has the most boring gearing of any MMO. Remember how XI had unique gear with interesting effects like the Kraken club? Or pieces with negative secondary stats which provided trade-offs like the Haubergeon? XIV has literally nothing, there is no meaningful decisions to make when gearing. You have the single BIS list for your Job and that's it. Even materia is a fucking joke, the effects are so minor that even if you stack all your materia into a single secondary stat, the effects are still almost negligible.

Shouldn't give people the option then because I'm always going to go for the retarded race. Like the bear people in TERA.

Noted, but a lot of the time the Instance that it spawns in fills up really fast so chances are if you're not already waiting there you won't be able to get in. I've just been sitting in an instance where it's supposedly reported to spawn soon for the last 3 hours while doing other things on the side.

How would you buff SAM?

Attached: D_L46M1UIAAuD3p.jpg orig.jpg (1224x827, 62K)

That's very nice. Downright impressive, even. What a champ!

Get mashed, I wanted to hug Exarch before returning to the Source, but my mind was going
>preasu understandu, rarafel animation rimitation

Congratulations, you're still less mobile than every other DPS in the game even with slidecasting, Triplecast, Between the Lines and Aetherial Manipulation, you thought you had a point but you don't. BLM's mobility revolves around in moving to and from fixed points and has fair timers on all of its movement skills, rather than the mobility of other jobs which is typically free movement or shuffling back from a boss' radial AoE/to a boss.

Attached: 1534974566140.gif (66x52, 1K)

But he was right. The plan actually would have completely worked. Once the planet was fertile and stabilized again, they could over time feed excess energy from the planet to bring back everyone who initially died. The Hydaelyn people were selfish and short sighted. They wanted immediate results.

Hope your Viera's last name is Bogdanoff.

la HEE

Make the number a little higher

Damn, I wanted to see him get some love. Guess I should have seen it coming when he didn't even have a name

Does the girl seem to want you if you are a girl yourself?

>chances are if you're not already waiting there you won't be able to get in
I only killed it twice because 2 is all you need for the mount (fuck the gay suit) so I'm not expert, but both times I got in the instance just fine after hunt ls announcements.

>mfw I had no issues joining and clearing in farm parties as a meme class because I'm not fucking retarded
if a farm party isn't inviting you, it's not because of meta humping. just don't be a shitter

Attached: red.png (425x319, 77K)

BUT DID THEY?????????????????

Blue Mage in FFXIV was a butchery of the incredible design of blue mage in FFXI:

FFXI Blue Mage:
>assloads of spells like over 99+ blue magic spells
>you have to equip them instead of have free access to them
>but equipping the spells alters your stats and gives you passives such as dual wield or magic attack bonus etc
>meaning the class can be tailored to what you want to do, having a melee class that can skill chain with itself using physical attacks or an AoE centric magic based class
>awesome looking AF and relic weapons

FFXIV Blue Mage:
>dude what if like a parlor mage and it looks and plays like no other blue mage in the series, much less like FFXI's variation
>dude level 50 only lmao

Attached: 43093.jpg (314x350, 36K)

Triple Madare Setsugekka

Attached: 1552797068872.gif (500x281, 1.09M)

Slidecasting can lead to clipping since you can't queue a spell while slidecasting. AND it's possible for the game to read you as still moving when you start casting, causing you to drop the spell

It's a key thing to learn, but you should still try to minimize it.

I nerf DRG.

I was directly replying to when you said

>every moment you're moving is a moment you're not casting something

is it known how often the formidable fate spawns?
i've been told it spawns in between 24 and 36 hours of when it last spawned

the only issue is obviously if they added XIs blu to xiv all other classes would feel inferior

>Plays like no other blue mage in the series
What the fuck are you talking about? It plays exactly like other blue mages from the series, aside from not using swords.

Dumb fucking DRGs trying to greed DPS on the tethers in Innocence and killing half the party, so fucking sick of this bullshit dude no your one GCD is not worth more than the three deaths you just caused fuck OFF

think bigger, user. why not quadruple?

Maybe SAMs should accept that there class hary takes any effort and there dps is fair for the brain required to play. MNK actually needs a buff or a revert.

based. anyone that played ffxi is rightly disappointed in blu

I like XIV and you need to fuck off. Those games are mid tier FF at best. They have nothing on IV, V, VI, VII, or IX.

You're exaggerating the amount of unpredictable movement in this game.

>Leveling roulette
>Get Ifrit Normal

>do I hear 5
>5 midare setsugekka

Attached: 1536121766754.gif (540x300, 364K)

Doesn't that just mean the class design in XIV is garbage?

MNK main here before switching to SAM. MNK requires no more or less effort. It's just as braindead

Is this the famous MNK education?

Attached: 1542143247142.png (522x589, 78K)

XI's Blue Mage is more of an outlier to the series than XIV's is.

Yoshi worked on FFXI so he knew he couldn't live up to FFXI's version of the class, so he just butchered it instead I guess. To be fair though, blu in FFXI is one of the most amazingly designed classes in all of MMOs, I dare someone to name a more unique class.

At least you're done in no time

How many skip potions did you gurgle?

>Schwepper

Kino drink

>stun ifrit when it's trying to use radial AoEs

Attached: 1557221874957.gif (497x372, 120K)

So is SAM bad at endgame dps? it's a little disappointing if that's the case it's my only dps job

sad sad sad blmfags

>be ninja
>damage is somehow worse than in Stormblood
>pressing more buttons than before

Attached: 155563425.jpg (160x160, 8K)

>dude what if like a parlor mage
Yeah, dude.

Attached: 1532697529487.jpg (243x200, 25K)

no, it's still good. People are just complaining that it's not beating BLM in DPS. Sam is still a heavy hitter.

Attached: emet.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

SAM's still excellent, people get mad about SAM because it can't influence anybody else's damage. Currently it's in a weird spot as well because MNK and DRG are a bit close to its damage-output for comfort as a selfish DPS.

>tfw just glad they didn't fuck over red mage too hard
That 5m Verraise cooldown had me worried.

MNK gave something to other party members? all I remember was mantra which is really not make or break

they did the same thing to dancer, in XI dancer is a tank/healer/dps hybrid, with the dps aspect playing like a wow rogue with combo points and everything, in XIV dude what if chakrams lol

FUCK YOU

What the fuck is the point of Kaeshi Higanbana? Why would you ever use it?

Attached: 1560565030582.png (355x369, 208K)

>play Paladin
>boring as fuck

>play Dark Knight
>more interesting but shit damage

>play Gunbreaker
>fun combos, lots of damage, and crowd control

Uhhhhhh why would you play PLD or DRK other than kino story shit

yeah i have no idea how it works now
because i haven't seen the old 4-man MSQ trials in fucking years, except Ifrit, from Leveling Roulette
and Trials Roulette gives 8mans
so idk

Brotherhood is group physical damage buff

Which is why I also said a revert.

MNK has Brotherhood as a 5% damage-up party buff (ties into MNK's own chakra gauge as well) which is pretty much its only party utility besides Mantra.

How does Amaurot still exist when Emet's gone?

>DRK
>shit damage

By what metric?

>parlor mage
I agree with you on a lot of it, but the BLU costume is basically FFV's. Blue Mage has always been a flashy, eye catching class.

DOUBLE
HIGAN
BANAS

It'd be silly if Higanbana just didn't have an equivalent when Tenka Goken and Midare do, even if it's functionally useless.

youtube.com/watch?v=ASOATgfR8fo

People dont take jobs to raids based on fun.

two mobs? retard

SAMURAI
BLACKMAGE
AND MACHINIST

THESE CLASSES SHOULD BE THE HIGHEST DPS WITH A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND THE REST OF THE KEK CLASSES

CHAD CLASSES SHOULD GET ALL THE BENEFITS OF DAMAGE SINCE THEY ARE NOT SUCKING EACH OTHER OFF FOR PETTY SHIT LIKE PARTY BUFFS

BUFF SAM, BUFF MCH, BUFF BLM. NERF DRG AND THE REST OF THE KEK CLASSES!!

Attached: 1562649364879.png (1024x734, 722K)

>All this praise for XIV from every outlet
>Last time I played they had no east coast servers and the game felt like I had 500 ping literally unplayable
So does everyone who plays this game live on the west coast or what? Because having a 2-3 second delay between every action kills absolutely every positive a game has.

Attached: sample_b7b66a9863a709653fae85ed1ee1e031.jpg (850x1203, 829K)

LA HEE

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Its apparently a DPS loss.

Emet's Amaurot was made with creation-magic, so it's more or less real. More or less he summoned a primal of a city.

>listening to this for hours upon hours because PF fags are retarded

Attached: 1555639066464.png (444x426, 152K)

Jesus yoshi really is creatively bankrupt isn't he

>Game gets popular
>Endless horde of niggers claiming the predecessor was better because reasons
Every fucking time. Go play xi if it's that great.

The only upside to playing a Lala is how much more embarrassing everything must be for Emet.

Compared to GNB combo it’s pretty weak
Well then this is a shit game

Enjoy it while you can. When HW brought DRK to the table it was OP as shit and really fun, while nerfing Paladin to shit.

Then Stormblood came out, brought Paladin up to speed and really gave Warrior a good tune up, but nerfed Dark Knight to shit.

Shadowbringers is here, and Warrior got nerfed to shit and Gunbreaker is the new OP Tank.

Mark my words, 6.0 will nerf GNB to shit and, assuming we don't get another Tank, will probably bring Paladin up to god status.

Honestly no one cares about not-japan and Mhigeria, it's just boring. The only cool things that came out of it were the classes

Attached: 1534910148738.jpg (450x640, 42K)

Is it possible to turn off generic boss music the way you can turn off chocobo music? So when you e.g. run Twinning you have the dungeon theme constantly?

Attached: Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers for PS4, PC Reviews.png (1179x428, 562K)

It's cause nearly every game journo lives in SanFran.

Uh... Kupo?

they accept fun classes. First people to beat ultimate was from japan with a DRK tank who did it because he thinks its fun when it was sub optimal to play. Only parse trannies care about meta.

I swear to God we've had this exact thread before.

I swear to God I've posted this in this exact thread before.

>Gunbreaker is the new OP Tank.

Why do people keep saying this? The meta currently is PLD/DRK.

Do you got a single fact to back that up?

>Y'shtola becoming a BLM literally out of fucking nowhere
>assume this is going to play a bigger role in the rak'tika story and get some screen time
>like 95% of the rak'tika story complete
>she finally brings it up
>outside a fucking cutscene
>in an optional conversation that can be missed
>"teehee I just wanted to be stronk x3"

WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF A FUCKING PLOT POINT FUCK YOU I WANTED THIS TO BE A BIG DEAL

>meta
dilate

LA-HEE

Might die but eh.

LA-HEE

Attached: 1561399944716.jpg (1169x826, 84K)

Eat your Meol bro.

WHAT
THE
FUCK
EVEN
IS
IT

Why would it be a big deal

The insufferable quartet of instant blacklist

>Whole expansion is about becoming a warrior of darkness
>You don't actually become a warrior of darkness

Basically the whole expansion had nothing to do with anything advertised.

I just finished the MSQ and all I can say is I'm sorry for ever doubting this nip.

Attached: 1354297013761.jpg (440x440, 49K)

I got Titan twice and Garuda once in the past two weeks.

These are all legitimate problems with the game that as a player, i would love to see changed. However the playerbase is unironically largely safespace transgenders who dont want change, challenge or conflict. This game could be so, so fucking amazing and kill WoW with a mistletainn bullet but both the director and the playerbase dont want it to be more than a cashcow chatroom

>doing The Aery
>healer is at 90ilvl

Attached: 1531010551395.png (348x420, 271K)

I couldn't stop laughing. They got Thancred's response and the WoL's reaction just right.

Attached: 1554501507775.jpg (372x488, 46K)

>OP

Yeah no.

Attached: Healers please adjust.png (533x847, 973K)

Good or bad?

>People dont take jobs to raids based on fun

parsefag detected

Attached: Bahamut cleared with DRK because it's fun.jpg (960x301, 37K)

New player here:
Any reason why I shouldn't level boost my character?
I feel like I'll forever be behind and I won't find people to chill and play early game content with.

Would I be missing anything? I imagine level boosting would allow me to just soar through the story up to the newer content.

Isn't SAM being straight up out DPS'd by DRG?

>trailer hits
>everyone speculating about why Y'shtola is adressed as Matoya
>crazy body switching and time travel theories are made
>"lol she joined a weird cult where she uses a code name"

They didn't put any effort in her development.
And that's a GOOD thing.

please respond

>dont rush to the end, this game is all about the experience
>yea pre-50 (i.e. more than 50% of the game) the classes are pretty bad
which one is it trannies? you cant have both

Someone post those attention whore tits from the general pls
Ill forever be grateful

I just bought shadowbringers where do I claim my fantasia? I heard they give you one.

The guy didn't explain it well, but DRK was meta for Ultimate. Theres a difference between being best for Ultimate where theres an easier enrage, more magic busters and general focus on mechanics instead of DPS and Savage where DPS matters a lot more. The guy knew damn well DRK was an excellent choice.

how do you guys think new game + will work?

Attached: 1556306442878.png (686x1200, 774K)

>Hey Y'shtola is using a code name don't call her by that name
>Walk into camp
>"Hey Y'shtola"
>No one cares

You can enjoy the experience while not having many buttons. Soak in the story.

Like how the scaling sidequests work.

>Urianger you cant even see the stars through this light bullshit, how can you be an Astrologian?
>prithee turn thy eyes not to the heavens above to seeeth the stars, but toward the ever approaching future and ye shalt understndeth why i hath doth changed mine jobbe
>But you didn't see the future either
>shut thy mouth before i stuffeth the bole in it

based retard

Before 5.0, I wanted to go the Garlemand, not-Australia and explore the rest of the Source. Now, I couldn't give less of a fuck about the Empire or the Source. There are seven over shards out there and we've only explored a small part of the first. FUCK THE SOURCE. I WANNA SHARD HOP.

People are forced to do early game content with you by design of the roulette system.
There's nothing special at the end of the game, it's just the end of the game and farming for a currency to buy armor with that you use to farm to buy currency with. Don't pay $50 extra to play 90% less video game and forever be "HURRR WHO IS THIS GUY IN THE STORY I SKIPPED ALL OF NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE"

You're not wrong that 14 LU is bad, but XI didn't really have options. When it came out at 75 cap you equipped spells for auto refresh, refueling for haste and then you were just an auto attack bot, occasionally casting cannonball or head butt to stun things. Most of the spells were useless because they were modified by a very odd stat that you wouldn't build for.

the reason she became BLM was never meant for storyline.
It was for Trusts.
we had 3 ACN, one became RDM, one became pseudo SCH, and the other became AST. (mostly AST so as not to be mixed up with the other carbuncle user)
this left us with 3 healers, so Yshtola became BLM to be a DPS, and someone said, meh, her teacher was a BLM, so why not?
Thancred was the only melee left, so he was shoehorned into GNB so we could have a tank that seemed the most fitting to him.
minfilia could be another caster, or another healer, but obviously thats stupid, so she became the only melee, with the argument thancred could teach her.

Over all, its nonsensical, but the trust system trumped the story lore.
(They could have used other characters if they REALLY needed XYZ roles)

Why are the Dwarves infinitely better than lala's?

AAAAAAAH THANCRED HELP ME

Attached: 1560730029578.jpg (800x1400, 99K)

hearty kek

You sound impatient with cash to spare. So, yea, a boost sounds good for you.

Provide a source of the same guy saying this. Otherwise, I have every right to assume he simply picked DRK because it's what he enjoyed

Attached: Hildibrand.gif (500x281, 890K)

The Warriors of Darkness back in 3.X were only metaphorically so themselves, they instigated primal summonings to try and summon stronger and stronger primals in the hopes of forcibly rejoining their shard to save its lifestream but they didn't actually spread darkness at any point.

AAAAAH HELP THANCRED HE'S HERE TO STEAL MY CUNNY AWAY

What a retard.

sorry, i have more than 5 brain cells and actually cant enjoy pressing 1 button over and over again non stop

>New player
>Do my first Alliance Raids
>It's a complete clusterfuck and I have no idea what the hell is going on, die several times and don't even know why
How did anyone figure this shit out when it was new and manage to get 23 other players to understand?

You might as well not play this game if you buy boosts. The game has a built in system that puts high level players into lower level content and rewards them for it.

Sometimes I can't decide whether I'm missing out on English Urianger or dodging a bullet.

>emet leaving in the background

Practice. Also, big orange circles are bad.

He didn't account for Elidibus' fear of the katana, seriously what would have happened is Emet won and Elidibus is hanging on the moon with his tail between his legs

You haven't done the healer role questline, have you? They're unironically even bigger cunts.

MMOs may not be for you.

yeah, the meta was definitely in place before the world first

Depends on what's being fought and who's fighting it, FFlogs posted to Yea Forums most of the time are aggregate charts that change by the day as more people upload their shuper-schweet top parses.

Its only a clusterfuck because 90% of players already have done it 8000 times and everybody doesn't care for the mechanics anymore

Why was he so based?

Attached: 1562983335154.png (1000x895, 1.15M)

the one you like more is gay and dumb because so are you
the other way is correct because fuck you

Funny how I enjoyed the Doma part much more than the mhiggers. Also Hien > Lyse.

The bosses died a LOT slower. Everyone just ignores mechanics now so it's a clusterfuck.

>Thancred was the only melee left, so he was shoehorned into GNB
Thancred changed jobs because he needed to protect his daughteru, it's not shoehorned at all.

>G'raha is just Trunks

Attached: 1562961813840.png (1280x720, 509K)

I have and they're still better

>FFXIV dwarves

Attached: 1512487600014.png (800x450, 366K)

not an argument

>eating shit may not be for you.
ok?

Urianger's specialty that he got his Archon status in is prophecy. You also don't even need to see the stars. AST's Nocturnal Sect uses Dalamud's position in the sky to determine effect, even though Dalamud isn't even fucking there anymore.

I think this is more of an issue with the extreme min/maxers that populate FFXI, make no mistake, FFXI is a hardcore game with an extreme player base. But nowadays, the class is probably the best melee class in the game overall, they do insane physical damage, and they can also build for AoE cleave parties for farming job points. I know a lot of people gave up on XI after abyssea, but they have fixed the game now. It will never be what it was in the 75 era, but its actually really fucking good now.

It's later explained that this is less because Y'shtola's lying, and more because the Night's Blessed all go by aliases due to True Name bullshit.
LotA was made with ilvl 50 - 80 players in mind, when everyone there is wearing 130+. The simple truth is everyone more or less ignores mechanics at this point. For example, you know the Bone Zone with the Bone Dragon and how everyone kept nearly dying from the fucking skeletons? Yeah, when it first came out, that was a wipe. You were supposed to take the dragon to the far north because it made it harder for the skeletons to reach the thing so it couldn't deal that unblockable alliance-wide damage. Now everyone just ignores it because everyone's so disgustingly overgeared and Healers can adjust.

people used to learn them and also type to people or just macro the guide into alliance chat when they fucked up

but now its just content people brainlessly zerg because powercreep

story wise, horrible
content wise? The best id say.

No part of my post implies that, I suggest you read a bit more thoroughly before trying to form a response.
I don't know how the game works, I would just like to play this multiplayer game with other people rather than by myself while the rest of the world is on the new expansion.
Thanks for clarifying, was not aware that others were forced to do the early game content alongside me

My question is why is 90% of everything in XIV such a fucking downgrade from XI. Like seriously, what the fuck happened? I get that XIV bombed at first but they started again by making it even worse minus the WoW combat

He didnt have to change jobs to do it.
he could easily slip in, and sneak her out as a rogue.
the reason SHE was made into rogue, and he didnt remain rogue, was so it would fit the image of him protecting her, if HE was the tank, and not her.

But he could have protected her as ROG just fine. (just like other NPCs in the story)
But again, that doesnt work with the trust system.

They didn't really write a villain, they wrote the hero to a completely different story with an incompatible ending.

I didn't like him at all before 5.0 but holy shit I miss him now.

Attached: 1563042808915.jpg (908x763, 408K)

youtu.be/r7K_BowsTtw

Oh Sophie..

Attached: ffxiv_14072019_061831_309.jpg (688x192, 49K)

You literally wouldnt

Keep it simple, stupid. This is the mantra for the normies, FFXI was a really complex game at its core and to excel at it you had to run spreadsheets to optimize your gameplay, and also gear swapping bewilders the normos.

FFXI also had actual support classes that break the holy trinity, another thing that confuses the normies. In a lot of ways, FFXI was against the grain in general, and this is what allowed its class design to flourish as it did.

t.chinletard

>75 is awful
buddy have you seen this playerbase? the top 25% basically makes you a god

>even wonders if his bad-future still exists somewhere because he himself does

Have you ever heard about symbolism?
You're right in so far as that the trust system probably also played a major role but tanks are literally meant to protect their teammates from harm so obviously it is way more fitting than a rogue.

stay mad, I cleared o12s in chocobo suit and I'll be clearing e12s in the frog suit
metallic blue, of course

Anyone have that webm of jann-Vauthry waddling in?

Attached: 1563008982662.jpg (529x346, 56K)

Sensible chuckle

Attached: Urianger.jpg (615x1010, 83K)

The low quality of the playerbase is precisely why 75 is awful. When everyone is a braindead retard and you couldn't even break 80 for fucks sake, then yes, it's awful.

>aside from using swords
yeah lol just remove one of the most iconic things about the class, the fact that they are a combat mage with utility spells, just make them another fucking nuking class that uses staves

reminder that anyone that tells you not to skip (cutscenes, content, whatever) is a guaranteed tranny

It was free with twitch prime?......
FUCK I SPENT 40 ON THAT SHIT.
Guess I'll give the key to one of my friends.

Attached: 1557526601870.gif (540x540, 2.22M)

That's how you should write antagonists.

If Ascians only need one more rejoining to free Zodiark, how did Exarch even travel back in time if he came from the post-calamity timeline? Shouldn't Zodiark be free in his timeline?

>main BLM since 2.0
>people shit on BLM since day one
>slowly get buffed every 3-6 months
>4.4, finally considered desirable if only for the fact every other 4th slot DPS has been nerfed
>5.0 suddenly everyone is salivating over my big dick DPS

Fuck fair-weather metafags. How many of these number-chasing pricks can say they actually have a main? I almost half wish BLM gets nerfed in the next patch, so these people can go right back to sucking on whatever gets them the highest blue number in their midcore static.

reminder that hughhhblhblhlhlhghlhb *suck suck suck* mmm yes delicious *kisses the balls*

Calamities take time, often ending in the total reboot of intelligent civilization on the Source, and G'raha's timeline was on the downwards spiral to it. Even then stories of the WoL were about the only thing keeping people together.

Attached: 1557872059393.jpg (157x117, 3K)

go back to WoW
you aren't welcome here

That's not true

Attached: Zenos.png (1000x563, 605K)

BLM has literally always been good.

>no old primal weapons for DNC

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ALLOWED?

I want my god damn moogle dance weapon Yoshida you hack

Attached: 624[1].png (736x672, 769K)

Goddamnit

Has anyone ever really considered the kinds of videogames we could have if the average person wasnt so fucking retarded, obstinate and scared of shit

Im talking body swapping boss mechanics where you gotta play other people's characters for an amount of time and not die. Or even a boss that's using the Arithmetician/Calculator job and one would have to do quick maths to determine where to go to not die or even turn his magicks against him if you're astute enough

reduce shinten to 20 kenki

Good if you grinding tomes and clusters bad if you are leveling since you next to nothing in XP bonus

>further reduce skill ceiling by making Seigan gains even smaller
no thanks

>queue for 50/60 roulette
>anti tower
>gunbreaker tank demands that we respect the content one pull at a time
>never cast a single heal other than assize

I hate gunbreakers so much. They always have samurai as their other leveled job too.

LA-HEE

Only the base game + Heavensward.

>I will never play DNC Lv75 cap
JUST
FUCKING
KILL
ME
ALREADY
Most fun Job

How late am I to this?

Attached: Nier Automata.jpg (598x739, 119K)

Zenos and patch content isn't enough to carry an expansion.

tranny

I will after the new shit comes out, I clear it, and then have nothing to do for the next 5 months

if you wanna fellate XI so much, go play it or make your own thread
you're as fucking obnoxious as meleefags

Make Meditation a constantly stacking resource while in combat, at a slower rate.
Using the Meditate skill instantly gives you 5 stacks.

Attached: D9pCFX0U0AAGVx5.jpg orig.jpg (1537x2048, 258K)

I'm not sure what's more impressive, that someone translated that shit into Urianger-speak, or the fact that Urianger could probably sell it.

I understand it was symbolic, but that symbolism would NEVER have even been considered, if the trust system was never invented.

Im just saying, if you have;
ACN (old school, back when they used arcanima magiteck rods)
ACN (new school)
RDM (former ACN)
ROG (semi PLD/BRD in 1.0, NIN in 3.0)
CNJ (Semi BLM in 1.0)
and young girl...

which do you make a tank, without it seeming too weird?

now that you decide that, how do we make that fit?
should we bother explaining it, or will it seem self explanatory?

He could have been a GNB in playstyle, and armor, but change that he used daggers instead.
You dont use the actual sword itself to protect anyone.
He'd be far more effective in protecting someone with daggers, than the gunblade, which required constant upkeep by minfilia. Daggers on the other hand wouldnt.

Blah blah blah, so on, and so forth.

Its fine that they did this, but im just saying its clear as day their reasons were, and for characters like yshtola, they honestly didnt feel it was important enough to explain, OR that they didnt have time to make an interesting idea for her, OR they had an interesting idea, and changed it not too long into starting the story.

This. Buff Seigan to expose the shitters.

Maybe in future updates but in general GNB and DNC got shafted on weaponry from previous expacs. Shire, a starting "High Steel" weapon, Stormblood leveling-dungeon/vendor/Ryumyaku/Omega weapons, Shadowbringers weapons. They don't have any primal weapons that aren't Titania at the moment (or I guess "of the Forgiven" weapons as well since they're pretty much Innocence weapons in aesthetic)

and stay gone
if you aren't crafting, clearing savage, and rping, then you aren't playing the game
you're a fucking casual tourist

Seigan got buffed by virtue of aggro-management getting removed from all jobs, now I don't want to take an aggro reduction and a tiny heal over a counterattack.

>in the next 3 minutes

That's probably how his meeting with Moenbryda went down, except replace GRRL GAMER with Aetheric functions researcher.

Zenos too but he harsly has much to do with mhig and doma, he's a complimentary Garlean element

Alright I saw a DNC with Omega Chakrams how do I get those?

I don't understand. Why not just say he's new? I'll straight up admit that I'm new to Tanking thanks to GNB and I'd rather not do big pulls. Never had a run where people weren't "tough shit."

I've been meaning to rewatch the cutscene where we talk with the amaurotine at the bench, the one who is aware. But I can't find it anymore. Help me.

>if you aren't crafting
LOL
>clearing savage
i am
>and rping
LMAOOOOOOOOOO

I just got Sunken City with a SPROUT Gunbreaker that never used a single defensive cooldown the entire time. Healer carried his ass and we made it through but holy fucking shitballs anyone who uses a skip potion should be permanently quarantined to a separate server

When will Viera get helmets and hats?

beat O12S

Were "tough shit." Fuck I'm tired.

Anyway, community's been really understanding and all.

you do not belong in FFXIV
go back to WoW and stay there
we do not want your kind

youtube.com/watch?v=iW7b8Mo_SFU

Kino area
Kino song

Will soken ever top Suzaku's theme?
youtu.be/u20Py_d2aI8

I don't know what that is

Kill Alphascape v4.0 Savage

I'm just settling for the Padjali weapon on DNC for my glamour since it's the only one that looks kind of interesting

Kinna looks kind of cool too

Is that hard to do?

Never. Getting light stuff like tiaras and glasses was already treated like the second coming of Jesus Christ. No way they'll ever do full headgear.

Not as hard as it used to be if you can get a farm party rolling.

O12S (Alphascape 4.0 Savage) weapons. You could probably get a party to unsync it.

>someone looking for plenty of high end, challenging content does not belong in FFXIV
I know lol

What's there to rewatch? A bunch of us are shattered pieces of Ancient souls and Emet and his gang are trying to rejoin/revive all his long, lost loved ones.

Why?

Do you still get a fantasia potion for beating ARR? please respond

WARRIOR OF LIGHT
KILLS BEINGS OF LIGHT
ABSORBS THEIR LIGHT
USES THEIR LIGHT TO REMOVE THE LIGHT FROM THE SKY

>What's there to rewatch?
The cutscene.

When will we get our promised stubble?

Attached: DBkxaDONI9_46Jv6oQrlARwCSc.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

while i hate the song itself, its fucking fantastic.
if this zone didnt have this music, it wouldnt be nearly as powerful in its atmosphere, and ability to tell a story with no words.

LA-HEE bitch

no parties recruiting and I don't know the fight so I don't want to start one...

Yes.

ilvl boost makes it easier, but you still need to know what you're doing along with 7 others in the same boat. 1 person can still easily fucking kill the entire party. Go do it anyways, along with Sigmascape and Deltascape v4.0 savage. The fights are dope.

What purpose does the giant hole in the scaevan shield serve when it gets filled after unsheathing it?

>thinking mythic is as hard as ultimate
cutting edge jaina is less prestigious than a bahamut kill

and then defeat darkness with that light.

We may never know. He is merciful and presents himself to us in that form so that we will not tremble before his true splendor

FF14 should have been F2P yes or no ?

>Only ERPers belong to XIV

yikes

>kill off two of the three last remaining original beings of the original source
I mean, isn't this gonna end up being genocide?

That's just Nero being flashy; he made all the Scaeven gear. Remember the Gunhammer drop he did? No reason for it, just likes to be dramatic.

In all honesty. Is there a way to queue without any sprouts? I'm fine with teaching but when they don't listen and aren't even attempting to listen fuck them. I'm tired of this bullshit.

Attached: IMG_20190710_183951.png (474x104, 41K)

Because armor works by swapping out part of your model and they'd have to make a ton of new models with rabit ears included for anything that's not a full plate helmet
Still lame that they didn't do it but there's a lot of jank in the system that makes things like that very labor intensive

>normalfags still think all RP is ERP
cringe

Nero has the spirit of a German engineer. It's not good enough to solve problems, you must solve them in a convoluted way.

incredibly wrong

Fuck no.
The playerbase is bad enough without literal 10 year olds infesting the place and making your PUG life a living hell.

How faceroll do you think Midas Savage is at this point?
I want the dyable Striking set, but I only did the normal version of those fights literally once and remember nothing mechanics-wise.

Attached: D9_JNMbUwAES2C7.jpg orig.jpg (800x800, 82K)

That’s stupid

Considering it's making S-E a jillion dollars I'm gonna go no.
I guarantee that's staged but even if it wasn't report them and that's a ban. That pretty clearly falls into the new bullshit ToS's "don't demand others play a certain way".

They're trying to genocide literally everything else so it's only fair

holy shit is this real

Oh that makes me feel better.

Attached: 1553757873990.jpg (645x991, 77K)

Thee doest naught to bar mine recurring fees.

It was already faceroll in 4.5, now it's faceroll with greylets.

In what world do rogues protect anyone? Thancred works much better as a tank in the story

>Not counting the sharpcasts you get every 30s
>Not counting the xenoglossys you get every 30s
>Not counting the swiftcast you get every 60s
>Not remembering you can charge your xenoglossys and save them for movement or lining up with trick, and that becomes a resource management game all to itself
>Naming teleports with animation times and inherent clipping rather than their instant cast abilities, when teleports should be a last resort

Never did Alex Savage, the music and visuals and mechanics make me want to kill myself in how ugly and unsatisfying they are.
BUT, from what I've heard and seen, it's pretty easy now, you kill the thing really quick.

Why do these people always assume it's "out of character" or "not respectful" if a tank pulls more than one mob? Doesn't luring your enemies together make perfect sense when you have mages that can make large areas explode out of thin air?

Anyone who thinks the healer role quest wasn't the best role quest chain is a egg-faced, hobdaughter of inferior beardlyness.

Attached: Giott Hic.jpg (193x276, 15K)

RPers gets a lot of retards, sadly. Which sucks because whenever I try to roleplay a Garlean spy, I either get reported or metagamed.

What really takes the cake is when I will join a session and they'll get pissed off at me for my character not going "YES I AM GARLEAN MCSPY WHY I DO SPY FOR GARLEMALD, YES."

It's not so much that people are scared of trying new things, but more people do not want to waste time doing it.

A maze-like dungeon with multiple routes sounds all well and good, until you have to do it for the 100th day in a row in your Expert roulette. Unless you have all the time in the world to kill, you'll be looking for the fastest route to finish the dungeon well before your 10th run.

And that's the core design philosophy behind XIV. Streamlining things that the player needs to do to progress. For better or worse, that is why we will always have single-file dungeons, why we will never break from the holy trinity, etc etc. You might think you don't want these things, and honestly part of you probably does want it, but in practice, the majority of people complaining about how streamlined XIV currently is, would turn right around and complain that the game is wasting their time if it was anywhere near as complex as XI was.

>the music make me want to kill myself
then maybe you should just pull the trigger already

>if you kill him, you will just be saving your own life
Huh, makes sense.

Never because Yoshi is baffled at the idea of anyone wanting more facial hair options.

>metagamed
I hate that shit. So many insecure thin skinned snowflakes in RP that cannot handle their character being outwitted or just not knowing something or finding themselves at a disadvantage, however small.

Serious question, whats the best FF to start with?

FF1. Obviously.

I still can't tell if Giott is a girl or just a very feminine looking boy.

Wait, the ancients reproduce? Wouldn't that be a problem if they never die?

Attached: ffxiv_07132019_165046_461.jpg (332x355, 32K)

you could play a Rogue as some kind of underworld bodyguard that uses dirty fighting techniques if we are going full PnP RP...

but anyway i don't disagree with you. PCs change job crystal all the time, dunno why its so wild to see the Scions do it.

The answer is always 5.
Tekken
Dragon Quest
Pokemon
Final Fantasy

I hate the weird psudosynth. It wouldn't be as bad if everything wasn't the same turd color of brown along with every other fight needing trash mobs for no reason.

7 is probably the best for babby's first FF game.
My personal favorites are 9 and 14 though.

(1)
>kill target thats a threat.
(2)
>use stealth to either recover someone, or something important.
(3)
>do ROG quests, you'll have your answer.

again im not saying he doesnt work well as a tank. He was the obvious choice. but again, he didnt have to be GNB to tank.
and in real life, you dont need to wear armor to protect someone.
The most used tactic is to either kill the threat, or subdue them. (either by harmful force, or by multiplying weak force by the number of people helping)
Such as what CoPs do.
Armor is used to protect the user, not to protect someone else behind the user.

So if "weapons" are the most used tool, then being a better combatant with daggers, than a hard to use gunblade, which requires him to start all over in training, would make more sense.

>bone zone
what. You keep the damn thing in the middle, and drag the skellies along the pathways. One per path. This way you won't have skellies too close to each other so their stupid aura buff doesn't trigger, and melee can help out with killing them since they're not wading through a sea of poison.

>or just a very feminine looking boy.

Attached: Giott Oof.jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

Overpopulation is an extremely minor issue compared to being able to create life from nothing any time you wish it, they obviously have controls.

>or you can take the 30 minute penalty for leaving
>the choice is yours
alright, my character got his tongue ripped out at as a child and doesn't talk

we were the mystery nigga all along
what a twist.

Attached: ffxiv_07132019_033122_729.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

Are there any mechanics you have to know for O4S at level 80? Never even attempted savage once.

youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
>the music and visuals and mechanics make me want to kill myself in how ugly and unsatisfying they are.

Fucking do it, faggot.

Attached: 1509478353948.jpg (1204x1074, 181K)

>Aggressively told XI is superior in every way
>Don't want to play if the community representatives are like the people who harass someone for playing XIV
>"But dude, you can totally play it like a singleplayer game and do the story solo"
I thought you were shilling an older MMO to me, not another fucking singleplayer RPG with other players AFK in town.

Do you like murder?

Attached: Caim_sneaks.jpg (359x355, 43K)

My character is a serial rapist.
Open up bitch

i hated Joe at first, creepy bedroom invading prick
by the end, i wanted him inside me

Attached: ardbert-final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-6.4.jpg (210x240, 14K)

Emet-Selch didn't say they were immortal, just that they lived a really fucking long time.

X) HATE ALA MHIGGERS

its based on the old school mentality the devs had when making 2.0.
as time went on, it became easier to do large pulls, and the devs started changing content to prevent it.
once again it got even easier, and the devs gave up sorta.
they still put walls, but they havent goen any further to prevent it, and most likely accept it now, since ppl can spam AoEs.

Didn't you listen to Emet? It was just a trick of the light.
Wait for 7.0 for it to be explained

All of this sounds so shitty.

Attached: Aymeric has an announcement to make.png (828x812, 2.58M)

This and the final Alex are the only ones that sound good, everything else is shit.

Cognitive dissonance is a common trait found among abuse victims. Don't fall for "Ardbert's" tricks. He's only using you, bro.

Literally FFXIV. Now go crack that coinpurse.

Attached: Emet Good Luck.jpg (511x808, 67K)

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Emet didnt say it, but other NPCs did, since killing an acian was nearly impossible before.

>It was just a trick of the light
>can mean both that he's seeing things and that he thinks the Light, Hydaelyn, is trying to fool him
Nips and weeaboos seething that they don't have this level of wordplay.

Do you really need a hairdryer to dry your balls while playing?

Ardbert was the biggest bro right from the start.
I want to snuggle up to him after a hard day of adventuring

Attached: ffxiv_03072019_171138_635.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

>BLM in pvp
>doing foul and then back to back xenoglossy
This is fucking awesome.

Attached: 1542412336557.png (1145x992, 2.3M)

Reminder his axe was bloodstained because he had to execute his friends so they could go to the Source.
Ardbert had the hardest life.

Attached: 1553748827725.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

I wish I could erase my memory so I could go through ShB for the first time again.

I'd pull less because I like to take it easy but I got tired of nigger healers pulling for me and then refusing to play the dungeon until the 15 minutes are so they can kick me or I can kick them. So now I pull everything I can because it's simply not worth dealing with.

Attached: 06711d473ce769b3a65fb67816f01ee3.jpg (500x375, 192K)

>then hordes of plebs will be bitching over newbies having xiv as their ff
>then proceed to call them all wowfugees despite being mmo virgins

Is there any pants item in the game that looks like a grass skirt? need it for a DNC glamour

>I have lived a thousand *thousand* of your lives
even super low-balling a 30 yea lifespan and that the second thousand is emphasis and not 1mil that's still 30k years and compared to a mortal life plus the *stabbing is just annoying* they're effectively immortal.

Lore book actually says his axe was bloodstained because it was cursed and it drove every wielder until Ardbert insane.

this is the only expansion where i have more than 1 max level job...this is the one folks

>They waited for him the entire time

Attached: ffxiv_07052019_005110_982.png (1920x1017, 1.83M)

Attached: 1550507699782.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

I mean, along with what the self-aware shade and emet himself said, how is there any debate that the WoL was once a prominent Ancient whose soul was split after the sundering but somehow retains some element of the original's powers? Also
>we're fucking ayy lmaos' leftovers.

>nigger healers pulling for me

Hate this passive aggressive shit. There's a reason I'm going the speed I am, and healers need to learn their place.

no

Heroes of the First spin off when?
The Renda-Rae quest line especially hit me in the feels.

Attached: ffxiv_13072019_200720_036.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

sounds like an internet issue

>Friends want to unlock some old content
>Do nothing but quip and rip on everything they set foot into like it's the height of comedy

SB was mechanically fine and introduced good trials/raids, but the actual story was hurt by splitting it between two continents, with Doma getting a mostly concise but short spotlight and AM getting half of 60 followed by a short stint of 68-70. On top of that, it went from supposedly showcasing how imperial rule wasn't so terrible to when it actually released and the man running AM now is a literal psychopath alongside the viceroy for Doma also simply wanting to inflict as much suffering on the population as possible. This lead both parts of the story to just being a generic good vs bad fight against the empire without anything really important happening that couldn't be summed up in, "We liberated Ala Mhigo and Doma."

Originally, parts of AM and Doma were suppose to be somewhat well off and well treated, somewhat integrated into the empire and living normal lives that were better than their previous ones, meaning the challenge came from liberating a nation that for a significant part of the population didn't actually want to be free, but that was seemingly cut into the Skulls arc. Without any nuance in the story, there's nothing to discuss, so Stormblood is largely forgettable, while HW's story sparks continued discussion about the nature of the dragonsong war, the Archbishop, and some details about the Ascians, and Shadowbringers deals with Emet-Selch and the First.

Once again though, the Ivalice raids were top notch, most of the trials were incredibly fun, Omega was fanservice and good fights outside of 2, 6, and 10, and Samurai and Red Mage were both popular introductions to the job lineup.

So considering Emet, with all his knowledge of the situation, still attempted co-operation, is it safe to say the WoL isn't tempered by Hydaelyn?

>how is there any debate
Autists are literally incapable of reading between lines and need everything explicitly stated for them. There are still people denying that Shinryu is a primal of Midgardsormr.

Attached: 1531951798232.png (602x279, 130K)

Your addled zoomer brain unfortunately only sees "endgame" and "progression" as the elements that need to be catered to it seems, take those words out of your vocab for a sec and then try to justify this shit

anybody know where to buy the preorder version of a key? cdkeys is only selling kangaroo keys

There isn't. The only question is whether it will matter or not.

I'm trying to get a plot.

I don't know how many times I've lost against autohotkey botters.

Time to get one myself. I'm done.

Attached: 1554469899887.jpg (580x548, 34K)

They choose the perfect last image for the credit roll.

>elf girl wasn't waiting
I haven't finished all the Role quests, what happened to her?

I really don't think WoL is tempered by Hydaelyn simply because Ysayle and Ardbert, both people with the Echo and the Blessing, tried to harm Hydaelyn. But it is also possible that the Ascians know how to cleanse tempering and don't do it to themselves because their tempering won't allow them to.

Fuck the light.

Attached: 1561324396322.png (640x148, 87K)

>tanking Cloud of Darkness
>healers are together and are only dpsing
>I die from lack of heals
>dps picks up aggro and die
>tanks in other alliances dont tank
>I get res'd but it isnt quick enough and we wipe
>dps asks why they got aggro, completely oblivious to me dying
>healers say I shirked dps
>they kick me

I've never been more mad my entire life. Why the fuck do healers have to make things as difficult as possible for tanks?

Attached: 1470997513965.png (256x192, 24K)

>There's a 1.0 nostalgia thread up

Attached: disgust.gif (100x100, 126K)

i want to be smothered by mommy hydaelyn's light!

The WoL isn't tempered by Hydaelyn, the WoL was one of the Ascians who created her in the first place. Emet probably knew or suspected that so he considered giving the whole Hydaelyn shit a chance.

So I unlocked Samurai on my lalafel, and it's so fucking stupid I might have to main samurai.

He used to be a GLA in 1.0 and 2.0
Remember when he tanked with flash, and used daggers/short swords?

He could have remained a GLA, and since they removed flash, just simply wear armor, spind around with eclipse, and not use clemency.
but they made him a GNB.

I honestly thought he was talking about wind-up minions the first time I saw this. Also
>Amaurotine talking about the ability of creation and how the WoL has it, even if minimal
>Hands you "the essence of creation"
>it's just a lightning cluster
deepest lore

Delete this.

Attached: FFXIV_Elidibus.png (1280x696, 1.33M)

>The WoL isn't tempered by Hydaelyn, the WoL was one of the Ascians who created her in the first place.
Makes no difference. Emet summoned Zodiark, and he's tempered.

>eating ass @ the quicksands
>an incelzen asks if he can join

Attached: 1563052286015.png (366x391, 167K)

>Waddles behind you

I bet the WoL is the fourteenth

he also did ninja flips and shit

I assumed this scene of them was all of them in the afterlife or something. Or it was symbolic. The four of them got sucked into Minfilia to hold off the Flood and Ardbert saved the WoL from whatever at the end.

What the fuck happened to the elezen woman?

Emet didn't have the Echo

I'll give you most points except the look. FFXIV blu looks like the original blu mage with the cape and mask.

Unfortunately it doesn't have the same quality backstory as ffxi blu

Didn't that start in 2.something, when Yugiri and co arrived and Thancred was like hey I can do that shit too

Then either being tempered doesn't seem to be that much of a deal with Ascians or Emet wasn't sincere after all.

The Ascians all have the Echo. Lahabrea uses it to fuse with Igeyorhm, and that's also how they steal bodies.

Tankbros, do you ever just say "fuck it" and alt f4 during a dungeon run?
>Doing doma castle on GNB
>do first pull wall to wall no problem
>pull three packs after that
>meet my understandable demise and apologize
>pull only two packs on the next pull, literally half the mobs
>cycle through rampart, nebula, camouflage, and even fucking superbolide
>mobs STILL aren't dead
>healer barely heals me during superbolide
>wipe again
There are just some runs you can't salvage.

Attached: 1560269925125.gif (320x287, 982K)

>It's essentially multiplayer FFXII
But XIV's story is actually good.

>implying he Echo isnt a sign of being a shard of an ascian soul

if you're the user i responded to, are you now supporting the idea of ROG tank, like I originally suggested?
(he also did ninja flips as GNB)

It was to abuse the new NIN animations they developed.

Emet TELLS YOU he is tempered. All the ascians are.

I don't know but apparently there's another quest once you completely all role quests.

That's one of my major complaints about XIV's gear as well, but it's really just a small fraction of the overall problem.

The gear feels the same, the jobs all have the same mechanical function with minor differences how you get there, and the whole game is designed from the ground up to provide a very specific experience when raiding at the expense of everything else. Can't have any wildly designed jobs or variation within jobs because every job within a role is expected to be able to preform just as capably for every piece of content as any other job. This might mean that there will be a spot for, say, every Black Mage in every party, or every Paladin, except even the smallest of differences such as 4% less DPS will cause metas to develop.

This design will never be changed for XIV's life, so either we make our peace with it now or we find another game. Almost every tank, for example, now has an identical toolkit, with only the most minor differences in function. I would say healers have a similar issue, except AST is in such a bad place compared to WHM that it's hard to say if it was by design or accident.

LA-HEE

It literally boils down to "do thing, get reward". Why design Big Thing to reward the players when:

>half of the players won't do it
>half of the players doing it, won't be able to finish it
>half of the players completing it consistently, want to do it as quickly as possible

And that's just only talking about raids.

The majority of players don't want maze-like dungeons that take an hour to complete. They don't want to have 10 spreadsheets open just to determine which cardinal direction to face when crafting a pack of sheepskin condoms.

Quite frankly there is very minimal reason to design overly complex systems that neither the majority of the players want, nor the developers want to design, just to satisfy a huge minority opinion that believes MMOs should waste even more of their time.

You're literally playing the equivalent of a phone game. Let's not pretend MMOs are anything ground-breaking, or have the potential to be anything as such. This ain't Log Horizon and never will be because at the end of the day both the players and the devs don't have the time or patience to deal with developing or using these types of systems.

Yes. Pulling 2 packs shouldn't be a hassle for old content and if it is, you should definitely get the fuck out.

Guys once i hit level 30 on pugilist and switch to the monk job will I start from scratch with entirely new skills or will it build upon my pugilist skills?

I'm laughing.

I'll tell you what is that a lot won't matter now. They've opened up a pandora's box with ShB's MSQ. We're literally ayy lmaos, 7 other WoLs came to help us defeat emet, there's fucking time travel now, and the spirit of the planet is artificial. I mean, how will anything ever matter anymore?

Attached: ffxiv_07102019_105557_102.jpg (689x394, 56K)

WITHIN 3 FUCKING MINUTES

it builds on your previous skills

You build on your pugilist skills

Attached: 1559753480859.jpg (520x678, 69K)

dilate tranny

I don't get it.

I mean not being sincere about considering helping the Scions. If he was tempered, he obviously wasn't a mindless zodiark fanatic like some plebs tempered by other primals are.

Girl, dwarves are just the Firsts' lalafells - the beards are fake.

You mean like how Strago used swords? And Quistis? And Quina? And Khimari? It's hardly an iconic part of the class. Only like 3 times has Blue mage used bladed weapons.

What makes Blue Mage iconic is that you learn your spells from enemies. Which is what you do in XIV's Blue Mage. I'm not saying it's much fun, but it's definitely Blue Mage.

Build up. Job upgrades are just a system they never expanded upon and they might as well not exist.

Giott is a boy. The dark ear tips are male-only.

They're compelled to do their will, how bad they have it varies.

Why are the beastmen tribes more interesting than the actual playable races?

He gave you a lightning cluster with instructions for an Amaurotine robe inside of it but you can't make any use of it because you don't know creation magic. Weaver uses lightning-aspect crystals in the production of clothes and crafters in general use crystals for the creation of goods

Yeah that's them being dumb, they assume they're immortal because killing one is nigh impossible.
Due to there being children, I wouldn't be surprised if they just lived very long lives. Maybe it gets extended if they possess a body like Emet and Lahabrea did.

You keep expanding.

There is zero reason to remain the starter class whenever you get your job stone. There used to be a sliiiiight benefit in that you could equip more cross class skills, then later more role actions, but that never really made up for everything you lost by not equipping your job stone. And now there's zero reason to not do it, they should honestly make it just automatically equip now.

>The dark ear tips are male-only
>female only hairstyle

Attached: ffxiv_07102019_090348_597.jpg (177x291, 26K)

>7.0 will be another filler expac about fighting Garlemald
>SE will cancel XIV before wrapping up the story in 8.0

Attached: ffxiv_31102017_191427.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

It really bothers me how all gunblades grow when you unsheathe them. Would it have been so bad to just have the full size model when sheathed?

>ninja buddy randomly dies in titania add phase
>he says he used teleport macro and it took him off the edge
why do plebs love macros so much
just use your buttons normally you incels

the only exception is noise macros for telling your idiot healers you pressed a tank invuln

Attached: tumblr_mjkfjrIFyZ1s8r2c1o1_400.jpg (600x677, 47K)

I assume not all Aumarotians have immortality. Since it's something the Ascians have been able to teach non-Ascians, I assume it's something they learned as well, rather than being a natural trait.

Attached: 1562459737906.jpg (720x720, 309K)

He's right. I fucking love XI and it is loads better than XIV. I'm only playing this over that because I've played the absolute fuck outta XI and I'm satisfied to move on.
Now either do the same and move on and shut the hell up bout XI, or go back to XI and shut the hell up.

Because you can't be them, and you are a furfag

>7.0 will be another filler expac about fighting Garlemald
If Yoshida sticks to his 10 year plan, 6.0 will end the "Ascian Ark". 7.0+ will literally be when Team B takes over FFXIV and does fuck all with it while Team A starts working on the next FF MMO.

All weapons do that. It's most noticeable on DRK.

>every other melee DPS has one button press to charge/escape
>NIN has to do two

Do all the role questlines user

Chakrams do the same and it bothers me more than it should. That's why I like the Scavian weapons. They're supposed to fold out so the magic growing isnt that noticeable.

I've never noticed it on any job except gnb and maybe certain monk weapons.

True, but since the full sized gunblade is smaller than the shrunken DRK weapons, i figure they could just keep it max size.

I'd be fine with that, honestly.

Attached: 1538283777672.png (280x398, 190K)

Depends. If the Healer's a sprout I'm generally willing to go slow and cut them some slack. Otherwise if I see where you're going wrong I'll give you a heads up.

'Course if you're a Mentor I just expect failure going in and have no problem giving you shit over it. That crown is a cancer.

I do all the time, and not just as a tank.
get PotD or HoH runs where ppl kill EVERY MOB regardless if we got every chest or not.
I just tab out, and let them deal with it.

Had a run back in 2.0 when PLD had a 3.5 GCD with Flash (why the fuck were spells on a 3.5s GCD?)
and was shit at holding threat, much less new to a dungeon, and didnt have the dungeons gear.

No tank stance, just spaming RoH.

This is enough to get through, but you need to be hitting the mob with the lowest HP, since who ever is doing that, is pissing it off.
Occasionally pass RoH around, or throw up a flash, to make sure DoTs, and healer dont get hate.
(Flahs only works if both DPS are using AoEs, as its threat modifier was absolute trash back then. Fast Blade in tank stance generates more threat than flash did, and after 3.5 GCD, they always catch up to you anyways)

Some PoS DRG would always attack which ever mob i didnt hit with shield lob 1st.

I assume its a mistake.
I switch over to their mob.

They pull hate, but on the 3rd mob neither of us started on.
I think maybe i made a mistake, and change to it.
They pull hate on the 1st enemy i shield lobbed.
I assume they switched targets to stop building hate on the 3rd enemy.

But no, after each and every pull, they were intentionally switching targets to anything I wasnt fighting.
claiming "You need to spread RoH more" after they noticed I was following their targets.

Problem was, by spreading RoH, my BLM friend would always rip hate on anything I didnt pretty much spam RoH on. (id have to land 2 RoHs in 3 combos worth, any less, and it would be on the BLM)

Because of shit liek that, and MNKs who single targeted only, while BLM was using flare at max level, id spam flash, and just stun lock which ever mob the single targeter was focused on. just wasnt worth fighting with them to use AoEs when making large pulls.
i just tab out instead now.

That would be okay with me honestly.

I'm kinda excited for whatever YoshiP works on next

Drk was not OP. War was the OP tank in HW

Are you the barbah's blade?

is she one who consorts with beasts

>implying WARfaggots will ever admit it
I just know they're going to bitch so hard they'll become OP again in 5.1
It always fucking happens

I doubt they're going to invest in another MMO.

XIV is doing pretty fucking well for them. If they can catch that lightning again, they sure as hell will try.

Why the hell wouldn't they? They print money.

Which is more fun at 80, SMN or BLM?

Attached: 3ef76197838753403a21bd924ea56223.png (1208x705, 621K)

share bro have you seen what giraffes can do with their tongues?

BLM by a mile

smn was never fun

seriously dilate if you can't handle discussion in a thread about a series. fuck off with sucking FFXIVs dick like its actually good, too. Why does this always trigger XIV cucks? Its like they don't like to be reminded their game is trash

"XIV the way we wanted to do it from scratch" with Yoshida at the helm would probably whip XIV's ass.

Sure but developing a MMO is expensive and could end in some catastrophic failure, Blizzard needs WoW to be sucessful and keep players engaged in their plataform (bnet) but SE has no such needs and already makes money from their single player games and mobile games who take less effort than another MMO.
Maybe you're right, they actually sucessed in saving XIV from certain death when it was crazy risk to invest more money into a dead game.

The man is already working on another large-scale FF title. What it is, is anyone's guess, but why take a fish out of water? It'll most likely be a next-gen MMO.

XIV is pushing the limits as to what they can do, built on the spaghetti code leftover from 1.0. When adding something as simple as hats to a new race causes problems in development, you know there's something wrong. The problem is, that something is the actual coding the game is built on; it would be a monumental task to recode the game from the ground up, and at that point might as well take that plunge into an entirely new MMO, especially when they're reaching a key point in the game's lifespan, as well as the climax of the story within the game.

Everything is lining up and pointing towards "make a new game" so I see no reason as to believe that they wouldn't.

>i do not like this game, and now i am mad. how could this be happening to me??

Attached: 1532412548708.jpg (1022x1024, 112K)

Is DRG fun to play yet or is it still weave 80 things while being animation locked: the job

XIV's gameplay and engine are EVENTUALLY going to give out against the constantly advancing technology and innovating game design, not to mention player trends. If XIV continues to grow, maybe they'll delay it and keep pumping out XIV for a few more expansions than they planned at the start, but let's not kid our selves. WoW has been going for 15 years and it started to give out 5 years ago. It may be dead before it hits its 20 year anniversary and it'll be astounding if XIV stays updated that long.

Why would they endure the huge cost of making a new MMO from scratch, having to rebuild their userbase from scratch, and competing with their own game, when they could just keep making XIV expansions? They're not going to just dumpster their already incredibly successful MMO just so they can write a new story. Even if the main arc of XIV "ends" in one or two expansions from now they could keep it going as long as they wanted. They would have to be fucking retarded to be making a new MMO right now.

High Jump removes almost all animation lock from your standard Jump, it's legitimately hard to go back to earlier content where it's not upgraded yet.

HW SMN was fun, then SB it started sucking, and now it’s absolutely shit to play.

God, I miss HW SMN so much.

EMET HE HAD A KATANA, I ONLY HAD 3 KATANAS, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png (300x163, 47K)

Are you telling me you need a fucking trait to get rid of animation lock or something?

>This plot is not ready for purchase

>17 combat classes
>Trying to get the weapon you want from a dungeon
They have to fucking do something about this, god damn

No, dipshit, stock Jump gets upgraded to get rid of most of the lock. Jumps having zero animation-lock makes no fucking sense in light of the job's history or how the ability even works.

>Used to play big brain classes in every mmo with complicated rotations
>Having tons of fun playing simple stuff in XIV like sam,blm and rdm

It just feels good to play no idea why

Attached: 1532452643082.png (768x1024, 678K)

>tfw they are going thru the trouble of remaking FFXI assets for a fucking mobile game
it hurts

>They would have to be fucking retarded to be making a new MMO right now.
Not right now, but I'd say pre-production on some level is happening already. Full production probably won't happen for 4-6 years.

>he doesnt already own multiple houses

Attached: 1280799698730.jpg (367x451, 30K)

XI's so goddamned slow it'd legitimately make for a good tap-the-screen mobile game, honestly.

those three jobs are basically perfect design wise

It's because the animations are great and you can pay more attention to them.

THANCRED HE'S HERE SAVE ME

Now that the FFXIV Team is working on Final Fantasy 16 & Naoki stated it will return to a medieval fantasy setting.. Can it unironically surpass FF6 as the best game in the series?

>Jumps having zero animation-lock makes no fucking sense in light of the job's history or how the ability even works.
Yeah but other games have a combat system that works with it. Jumps also kept you out of harms way, unlike 14 where they keep you in it.

BLU in DF when?

why did you even bother replying to this mongoloid when he gave you like a tenth of the shit you typed out

Might as well add FSH to the DF too

>hit level cap for the first time in a new expansion
what the fuck do I do now? ex trials?