Why is Nobunaga Oda depicted with such a consistent appearance across all media despite this depiction not actually...

Why is Nobunaga Oda depicted with such a consistent appearance across all media despite this depiction not actually being much like his real life appearance?

Attached: Nobunaga_Oda_(NAS).jpg (640x906, 568K)

I mean, he did kind of look like that except he wasn't angry 24/7.

Probably wanted to pull in the Three Kingdoms fans easier, since he's an exact clone of Cao Cao.

No one knows what dat nigga looked like he could have been black (makes sense)

isn't that all Kou Shibusawa works?

I wouldn't say he's consistent across all media.

Attached: HhmbDod.png (791x309, 236K)

Best Nobunaga

Attached: index.jpg (180x280, 10K)

There's a picture of him you dumb fuck.

I know you're baiting but just to quash retards from biting

Attached: 170px-Oda_Nobunaga-Portrait_by_Giovanni_NIcolao.jpg (170x206, 8K)

Attached: 1506890066153.png (633x480, 368K)

>Looks like the real Nobunaga

Attached: 1563052502117.png (341x350, 221K)

Because he's really easy to make a villian, even if there's almost a legit reason for everything he did.

also its really amusing that you can still see the family resemblance years later

Attached: nobunaga family resembalance.png (378x250, 181K)

Ay what game dis

He's never actually depicted as a pure villain, most stories paint him as the epitome of 'ends justify the means,' the ends being ending the decades of war.

Xavier did nothing wrong

His Sengoku Basara depiction is pretty evil.

in onimusha he's the actual devil

Some games often present him as a cruel tyrant, even though he was the one dude who presented Japan with actual economic plans and wanted to do away with the shitty caste system.

Nobunaga didn’t end the war, though. He just united most of Honshu.

>sengoku basara
>onimusha
>both of these are capcom titles

hhhhmmmmm....really makes ya think, i wonder which religion is behind this... Buddist

>Nobunaga didn’t end the war, though.
because he was fucking assassinated, the people who carried on after him did end the war

He would have been the one to end the wars if he didn't get careless and assume that all of his generals were no longer greedy shits. Mitsuhide basically fucked Japan over for centuries since Hideyoshi kept the caste system despite having his rank precisely because Nobunaga didn't believe in it.

Nobunaga's Ambition came out first though, if anything Cao Cao looks like Nobunaga Oda.

Attached: Kaihime.jpg (424x600, 67K)

信長も 秀吉も 家康も!?み~んな腹ボテで天下統一

nobu!

Attached: __oda_nobunaga_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_riyo_lyomsnpmp__6978b7492a3bdda442a26cdc96ec74d7.pn (512x724, 221K)

Is it true he was actually gay and Ranmaru Mori was his shota lover? I heard that all feudal japanese lords slept with all their male students.

Attached: 1562712516851.png (845x652, 394K)

to be fair, nobody knows to this day why mitsuhide akechi betrayed, there's countless theory's but none of them can be proven since whatever the motive could've been died with him after a week, thanks hideyoshi.

i wouldn't say gay (he had a wife and several children) but he did mess around with his page

Shotas have always been the (by literal meaning) patricians choice
>rome
>feudal japan
>modern day cabals

He had a wife, a harem, and children so maybe.

One source attributes some wordplay sentence to him for it being a good time to take over. He may have been pissy over his dinner plates or he may have just been greedy. Some speculate that Ieyasu thought up the plan alongside him. Whatever the case, it's doubtful it was for some noble cause.

You're correct for the vast majority but he also has that look in Onimusha
It's just a cool design, especially giving him western plate armour because he was a westaboo

Attached: Nobu.jpg (1600x1200, 214K)

the real question is was Naotora as stacked as Koei makes her?

Attached: Naotora Ii.png (800x1132, 1.04M)

Here's your Amakusa bro.

Attached: 819007-amakusa_shodown4.jpg (720x960, 77K)

His facial features are very similar to that actually, the hair is indeed slightly exaggerated though. He's usually portrayed wearing European armor because he liked them and he did wore it sometimes
Date Masamune on the other hand is the one who's never portrayed properly, in art and entertainment he's always a super handsome man but in reality he was fat and ugly

sw4 on switch when

I mean, it's not hard to vilify someone who called himself "demon king of the sixth heaven"

technically that was an insult that Buddhists called him and he took it in stride "cool nickname bro, i think i'll keep it"

What should someone do to be unironically get nicknamed "Demon King of the Sixth Heaven" by the world at present time?

Attached: 1520108672440.jpg (591x472, 121K)

Yeah, pretty much. It's called nanshoku. Copying from Wikipedia:
>From religious circles, same-sex love spread to the warrior (samurai) class. Where it was customary for a boy in the wakashū age category to undergo training in the martial arts by apprenticing to a more experienced adult man
>according to Furukawa the relationship was based on the typically older nenja, who loves, and the typically younger chigo, who is loved
>The man was permitted, if the boy agreed, to take the boy as his lover until he came of age; this relationship, often formalized in a "brotherhood contract", was expected to be exclusive, with both partners swearing to take no other (male) lovers.

Not Nobunaga related, but I remember reading that there's this letter that still exists that Takeda Shingen wrote when he was young expressing his love to another person. However, as I'm an EOP, and there's barely anything in English written about this subject, I can't say for sure.

He pounded the cake, but Hideyoshi kneaded it and Tokugawa ate it.
>food analogies

I mean he was effectively the king of Japan and did a nanking on some massive holy mountain full of pacifist monks for being cheeky to him. I guess you'd have to convince someone in royalty to pants the pope

Nuke the middle east

Also he was too keen on the filthy gaijins for current japan's taste. After all current Japan wouldn't exist without Leyasu's isolationist frenzy.

If Nobunaga didn't die Japan probably be a christian nation today

War is too different now. It's gotta be done in secret and through proxies.

He's THE one who spear head to united Japan, fucking gayboi backstabbed him.
The monkey Hideyoshi and Tokugawa took up his mantle

>NHK does based drama series that makes japs crazy
>Koei copies the actors' appearances for their Nobunaga game
>Both are so famous that the fake Nobunaga look becomes ingrained into popular consciousness
Hope that answers your question.

Nobu.

Attached: Demon_King_Nobunaga3.png (512x724, 311K)

I want to deepthroat that Nobu!

Nobunaga also played his generals against each other and was very cruel to Mitsuhide even kicking him around the floor at times for no real reason. Nubonaga was just cruel and hot tempered. He would've never re-united Japan like Ieyasu or Hideyoshi did.

He toyed with the Jesuits, nothing more. He wanted Portuguese trade. Every time they came to preach he dangled the possibility of his conversion but never made much of it. honestly he was also starting to get sick of their shit because of the constant religious dogmas and rebellions. He was also using the more submissive christians as a counter to the militaristic monks.

Considering the shit his generals tried, playing them against each other was probably crucial to keeping the campaign going. Some of the Mitsuhide accounts differ, though he was struck and heavily insulted on at least two occasions. Nobunaga did unify the large majority of Japan, and Hideyoshi merely finished the job while stripping away the good parts Nobunaga brought to the table.

Who is your Nobunaga / Cao Cao of you cunt Yea Forums?

>He would've never re-united Japan
Fuck off, Mitsuhide. Nobunaga was literally a hop and a step away from uniting Japan. Hideyoshi had the Mori under his thumb while Nobunaga was waltzing to go bully some faggot Emperor and Katsuie held the line on the other side.
Go back to the Saitou, traitor.

It's amusing that you mention that because one of his retainers was black

He wasn't. He already had enough trouble against the monks themselves. Hojo and Usuegi weren't exactly going to keel over to him either. He didn't have the personality to gather enough allies like the sandal bearer turned regent or the mikawa mad lad. Nobunaga could hold a large part of Japan but not the whole.

you mean the monks he took care of before he was assassinated, or the fractured uesugi that was not anywhere near the same threat that beat him years ago?

Didn't Nobunaga think he looked like he was covered in shit and told him to wash his black off?

SW4DX is already on Switch, only in Japan though.

Yes, it surprised the hell out of him but Nobunaga thought he was cool and kept him in his service.

Why do Japanese always portray masculine characters like absolute bitch faggots with too perfect traits?

Do they really imagine Oda Nobunaga like this?
The guy didn't have any hair.

>thinking the Ikki Honganji were shit to Nobu after he wiped them.
>thinking the Uesugi were anything after Kenshin died.
Even under your retarded conditions, Nobunaga just has to send Monkey to do everything on his behalf. He trusted him to deal with the Kyushufags and everyone on the way, Hideyoshi's forces during his run were literally just Oda remnants after the battle of Shizugatake and they still took over Japan.

Those monks deserved it. Oda did nothing wrong.

Attached: Gas the Ikko Ikki.jpg (620x803, 167K)

I wish nobunaga's ambition was a better game to follow history and historical events.

There's still Nobunagas running around? I'd have thought they all got massacred to prevent them rising to power

funny enough, this version of nobbu is closer to KT's depiction

although a woman but the same western style armor with long cape

I'd imagine that'd be hard to do with multiple kids, and even ignoring his own kids, Hideyoshi DID breed his niece.

All people in power become fucking degenerates. It is true of any society that too much unchecked power lets the worst people commit taboos.

People prefer idealized depictions of historical figures, even if they're not 100% accurate.

Attached: jesus.png (491x488, 333K)

there's afew of them, but this guy and his family are confirmed from the same bloodline.

granted personality wise he couldn't be more different, but him and his family's genetics do line up.

Hideyoshi and Ieyasu were able to relocate Daimyos as they please and reduce their income if need be. Nubonaga was and never would have been able to do that to Kagetora or Ujimasa nor the powerful Mori clan. It took him a decade to deal with the monks in Ishiyama Hongan-ji and those weren't the only rebellions. He had to wait for Shingen to die in order to overtake the Takeda clan.

He could barely pass through to Osaka castle without his brother in law almost fucking him up.

another thing consistant with japan's depiction of nobbu is nobbu's feelings towards gods respects, but does not bow down to

Attached: 1562167617288.jpg (1075x1518, 273K)

>Hideyoshi DID breed his niece.
>Hey Nobu, your sister is hot but she won't fuck me. Do you mind if you send her to Nagamasa Azai so that when I start fucking her daughter, it won't feel like I'm fucking Katsuie?
How fucking simultaneously beta and alpha do you have to be to realize you can't fuck Oichi so you decide to fuck Chacha instead?

And yet Uesuegi Kagetora was able to oppose Hideyoshi and Hojo Ujimasa over and over again. Even Ieyasu got wrecked by the very tiny Sanada clan who were on and off partners with the Usuegi.

>Hideyoshi's forces during his run were literally just Oda remnants after the battle of Shizugatake and they still took over Japan

because Ieyasu bowed out of the power race after Hideyoshi allowed him so many concessions and only after the Mikawa daimyo, with his small power base, was dealing significant blows to Hideyoshi during their power struggle.

Hideyoshi killed off his niece's family the second his second son was born, so I'd have thought the same happened to the Nobu family

>Nobunaga and religion

Didn't he threw incense at his father's urn and flipped a table then started fighting retainers during his father's wake?

>Pic
That's not idealized you fucking mong. The modern idea of what Jesus looked like is based on the paintings of Leonardo da Vinci, one of the greatest artists to ever live.
His paintings were not based on what he thought Jesus looked like. They were on commission, by Cesare Borgia. Who paid for 'jesus' to look exactly like himself.

When you see a modern Jesus, it's not an idealized Jesus. It's just Cesare Borgia's face.

nah Nubonaga's brother was serving with the Hideyoshi family during the siege of Osaka. His sons sided with Tokugawa.

i think that was less "fuck religion" and more "fuck i hate that my father is dead and i hate all of you"

he was an impulsive, immature young man in his youth.

Your knowledge of Japanese history is weird. Uesugi KageTORA was a Hojo sent to the Uesugi clan to establish a treaty between the clans.
You're thinking of KageKATSU who became the next head of the Uesugi clan and eventually bitched out and betrayed both the Toyotomi and the Sanada to join the Tokugawa even when technically speaking Kagekatsu was the one who funded the campaign at Sekigahara to oppose Ieyasu.

>Even Ieyasu got wrecked by the very tiny Sanada clan
You mean the battle of Ueda Castle where Masayuki stalled the reinforcements by Hidetada Tokugawa which made them late to Sekigahara but ultimately achieved nothing and the clan got disbanded immediately after the battle anyway with Nobuyuki joining the Tokugawa as a safeguard measure so the Sanada wouldn't be wiped out while Yukimura joined the Toyotomi and eventually died?

>because Ieyasu bowed out of the power race after Hideyoshi allowed him so many concessions
Ieyasu knew he had lost and continued to do what he had always done, he ran away. Hideyoshi's concessions were done as a power move to keep Ieyasu away from Mikawa (which failed because Mikawa still liked Ieyasu even though he was no longer their leader) and to become the Second of the Five Regents after Toshiie Maeda.

Nobunaga is the given name, Oda is what you mean

AHEM
FUCK NOBUNAGA, FUCK HIDEYOSHI, AND FUCK PEASANTS

Attached: Mitsuhide Akechi.jpg (788x1174, 541K)

Remember that time he captured a shiny Rayquaza?

Attached: Nobunaga and Fug.png (1000x883, 788K)

>Yea Forums NEETs idolize Japanese culture
>Yea Forums NEETs too stupid to even understand basic Japanese naming conventions
i guess this is the result when your only exposure to Japanese "culture" comes from subtitled anime and American sushi

Japs are fags, it is known.

and he only had a child with chacha despite all of hideyoshi's wives

kt also loves hinting that the child wasnt hideyoshi's at all and it was yukimura's

hes more like pansexual

But Nobunaga never fucked pans. He was a musketman.

Yes I meant Kagekatsu.
>Sanada
No, this is from the previous engagement. The Sanada battle happened way before Hidetada's fuck up. That was during the Tokugawa expansion before Sekigahara and after the fall of the Takeda and Katsuyori dying. They got flooded and ambushed.
>Hideyoshi
It wasn't decisive for both sides but Ieyasu was doing damage, you make it seem like he was getting whipped. Hideyoshi was getting bogged down and couldn't gain much ground. Hojo were also making moves. Ieyasu did his part very well for what little had. The relocation to Edo wasn't at this time, that was after Hojo Ujimasa's fall.

Ieyasu does what he does. Patience and bides his time.
Hideyoshi avoids as much conflict and charms then pays off everyone.

Post your favorite Oda Nobunagas.

Attached: Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan - Noukou Giga.png (1352x1920, 786K)

His sister's kids.

Funny how people nickname themselves "Spartan" sometimes

>Volley fire or ram your horse into a bamboo spiked wall

Attached: 16bc5554ac36191ae12ed3d06b7fa118bbeb90a2_00.jpg (364x512, 49K)

For Masamune they go by his statues which are never fat or ugly.

Nioh Nobunaga was a pretty cool guy

Afaik the Oda family line survived not through him but through the children of his sister.

>Ieyasu does what he does. Patience and bides his time.
>Hideyoshi avoids as much conflict and charms then pays off everyone.
Honestly, you just reminded me of the poem about Nobu, Ieyasu and Hideyoshi about how each of them deals with the songbird.
Ieyasu patiently waits for it, Hideyoshi coaxes it until it sings and Nobu straight up kills it.
For people new to Sengoku era history, it really is a nice way to help people understand how each leader tended to go about things during their reigns.

This just reminds me about how Hideyoshi was honestly pretty stupid once he got into power. Had he been satisfied with being Regent and just consolidated his power within Japan rather than moving into Korea/China, he really could have more firmly established himself and might have been able to avoid Ieyasu usurping him once he died.
On a really odd way, while I personally dislike Ieyasu I can see why he won in the end. While he was a backstabbing weasel cunt, he at least firmly established his place among his people and didn't rock the boat too hard.
I doubt he would have created his era had the road not been made by Hideyoshi and Nobunaga though.

Nioh and Drifters were pretty rad

>make historical figure look really handsome and badass
>their real appearance is always very disappointing
Why are real people so boring

He knocked up Ginchikyo but well, that didn't end well.

>s2 never ever

Attached: oda nobuna.jpg (1500x1010, 1.19M)

its also interesting how much detail of sengoku managed to get preserved

>Tranny Nobu
No

It's easy for us to know what happened when basically everyone from the Shogun to a minor lord wrote down records and their own memoirs.

I like the eternal butthurt he caused.
Japs portray him as a literal demon in so many games.

>tranny
Nah, she was just secretly a girl all along and history just didn't know. Or the grail summoned her as a girl, I forget which.

Hideyoshi was a massive hypocrite, forcing people to live in the "caste" they were born into for their entire life, when he himself went from Nobunaga's shoeshinger to Regent, all the dude knew was how to siege shit.

Pretty sure they never explain why nobunaga or okita are girls, they just are.

Attached: Oda1-3.png (512x724, 351K)

The red haired Nobunaga is literally
>Gender: Unknown
Combining those tits with that manface and given that her two prior forms are female and male, it's fucking tranny Nobu. Also the worst 5* in the game, so bad they had to make a new tier for it.

It's been 7 years since s1 aired user, you gotta let it go.

Young Nobunaga was a cheeky, impetuous cunt. Then one of his closest retainers killed himself while asking him to get his shit together.

He took that bit of advice a bit too seriously and went on to conquer the shit out of everything no matter cost.

He pissed off Rance. I'd say that was wrong on his part.

Know what other warlord I heard was a girl?

Attached: KenshinFemale.png (360x512, 275K)

I blame the manface on the artist, not like people call Luvia a tranny. She's just hideous.

>dude never marries
>WHAT IF HE WAS GAY THO
>WHAT IF HE WAS SECRETLY A WOMAN THO
I mean at least being gay is more probable, but it's still ridiculous.

Also spread because he had frequent stomach issues, though that more likely has to do with all the drinking he did.

Attached: Nobunaga Kyousoukyoku - Vol.2 Ch.9 - 38.jpg (800x1275, 617K)

Kenshin at least either really was a women or was a feminine man with pancreatic cancer. The new Avenger Nobunaga from FGO is an amalgamation of all Nobunagas, male and female. It's why the third form is Unknown and the second form is male despite Nobunaga being completely female in Fateland before.

That is the most sensible thing Hideyoshi did. He effectively limited the number of possible upstarts. With that measure, he always who his potential enemies were.

So it's like the Jack the Ripper from Strange Fake, which is a shadowed void that can take the form of everything Jack the Ripper's real identity was supposed to be?

It's also one of the reasons why Japan was so far behind the west in technological development when they were forced out of their solitude

>we were having a good time, but this fate faggot had to come and share his stupid thoughts

Attached: we_were_having_a_good_time.png (251x498, 71K)

Well, the Tokugawa had years to reverse that shit. Hideyoshi's attitude was in response to the particular situation he was in. Who knows what he would have done if he had achieved stability instead of chimping out against Korea.

It's a bit different since Berserker Jack is the myth surrounding Jack the Ripper and everything encompassed in it while Nobunaga is just all the different timeline Nobunaga rolled into one to create the one, true Nobu. Sometimes Fateshit is too convoluted for it's own good, I doubt anyone actually cares about that detail.

Is Nioh the closest to ever have an accurate depiction of Nobunaga? Other than the supernatural, his personality was the most accurate

Attached: 1561834959245.jpg (750x551, 43K)

It's probably the mustache but he sorta looks like Feudal Japanese Stalin.

ARR ROOK SAME

>This just reminds me about how Hideyoshi was honestly pretty stupid once he got into power. Had he been satisfied with being Regent and just consolidated his power within Japan rather than moving into Korea/China, he really could have more firmly established himself and might have been able to avoid Ieyasu usurping him once he died

It seemed to actually extended his reign. When he started cutting off social mobility through merit, like the hypocrite that he is, it left too many veteran and unruly samurai who only knew warfare as a way of life. It helped as an outlet but the campaign lacked direction as the Daimyos would often feud and would often go seperate directions during offensives and couldn't consolidate properly.

I think Ieyasu was more genuine than both Monkey and Nubonaga. He seemed to attract unwavering loyalty from his vassals. He just did what he needed to survive and didn't seem set on actually becoming Shogun until he realized how powerless he really was and then resolving to end a lifetime of subservience under Imagawa, Oda and Toyotomi. Guy just had enough and decided to fight back.

Strangely enough he seemed to be looking for ways to commit Harakiri: fall of the Imagawa, death of Nubonaga, during the siege of Osaka when he was pressed hard by Sanada Yukimura. Seems like if he was left alone, he wouldn't have given a damn and just lived a life of decadence with his concubines. Guy was a realist and even said that not even his Shogunate would last forever so enjoy it for now.

I mean you only see him 'alive' for 5 minutes total

three kingdoms is a 15th century novel, in which there were clear descriptions of the warlord cao cao

Where the fuck are top right's nipples?

>Cesare Borgia's
So Cesare Borgia's idealized image for Jesus, got it.

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: Hisahide_Matsunaga.jpg (500x600, 188K)

He could have done that without utterly fucking over the very meritocracy he saw was worthwhile firsthand.

Can't show nipples in a LN not for adults, silly

Post the Sima Yi pic.

Attached: weeaboos.jpg (500x563, 24K)

Did his family get chinkd?

>he wanted Portuguese trade
You mean Portuguese pussy

Attached: 6282B784-DBA8-4304-A914-D5CAD387A940.png (340x370, 78K)

Because the chances of being both very competent or at least interesting enough to the point of historically recognized AND be attractive are relatively low, moreso when you both account for the fact that being politically powerful amounted to being lucky either by heritage or just plain being in the right place AND the general unlikelihood of being really cool and attractive looking beyond then-current standards.
It's much easier to be amazing then get talked up as some great looker after the fact.
I mean it still happens with our politicians.
Obama and Trudeau look like average skinny fat guys, but the fact they're mostly competing with overweight old men.
JFK is legendarily handsome and charming....he's a wall eyed Mick with a speech impediment.

So that was the true reason he got as far as he did.

Didn't they get a white guy to pose for his photo? For all we know he was just a boogeyman invented by the shogunate.

It was pretty rad

My favourite interpretation of him is in an anime where people get powers to fight aliens derived from the genes of people from history.

In nobunaga's case it was a big ass gun the mc used. Ability called nobunagun.

I remember that one.
>Respect for the dead man
>Turn him into a little girl

Wasn't the anime just called Nobunagun?

He should have won
His heirs should have then continued his legacy
At Meiji was good
Taisho was just wasted potential and shit luck
Showa fucked it all up

Easily the best nobu

>Boogeyman invented by the shogunate
Yeah, because Mitsuhide totally betrayed absolutely nothing and split off an army to attack a place that burned down for no reason at all, followed by Hideyoshi changing his military excursion to come back and kill him for no reason.

looks nothing alike to me

Nah, that's consistent. His robes just concealed his big tits

Anyone else watch Nobunaga no Shinobi? I hope they continue it.

yep
not turned into one. just his essence being used by a weapon maniac girl.

>no giant codpiece

because the nips consider him the devil cause he didnt give a shit about honor

also he was a massive westaboo that further contributed to nativist nip hate