This part was really underrated.

Attached: Owl.png (1000x558, 295K)

>*presses A one too many times*

I didnt know english when i was a child, i thought his lasted 10 minutes

bump

Who the fuck was that owl
Why was he gone after Link was an adult

it's the time sage appearing in animal form

Did they ever explain that in-game in Ocarina of Time? I knew about it going in but was disappointed that it wasn't mentioned.

It's a rip-off of the owl from LA.

pic related

Attached: 395px-OoT_Rauru.png (395x599, 314K)

i don't think so. it's kind of nice that they don't flat-out tell you, leaves it mysterious.

Through the gossip stones. There are lots of really interring lore tidbits in them. Like how Zelda is a tomboy and how Malon wants to be swept away by a handsome Knight.

OOT is really underrated when it comes to lore and world building. Most people don’t be seem to be aware that the Sharp Brothers were studying how the Ocarina could control Time, and how Ganondorf stole their research. Tons of dialogue simply does’t appear if you go straight from point a to b like most experienced players do.

Yeah theres lots of intuitive storytelling in OOT, especially the stuff with the well and Bongo Bongo

holy fuck i'm retarded, i've played this game many times and never put this together. i've always thought it was retarded the light sage was just some literally who with five seconds of screen time and that the owl had 0 backstory. i didn't realize that these two "plotholes" completed each other. hell, the models even look vaguely similar

Isn't it heavily implied Malon ends up with Hero of Time Link eventually as well? TP Link is a farm boy.

when does the owl say this, i have no memory of this scene?

Attached: albino_clifford.jpg (606x592, 57K)

I think there's a certain charm to Ocarina's storytelling that's lost now due to it's popularity and age. Like you said, experienced people run from a to b since they know exactly where to go and what's happening in the story and at this point, who isn't experienced? When's the last time you saw someone playing the game for their first time? No one really needs to stop and smell the roses anymore and small things like this will just be forgotten mostly.

>While Link was frozen for 7 years Rauru went around helping him in another land
holy shit

>Tons of dialogue simply does’t appear if you go straight from point a to b like most experienced players do.

>playing the game for the first time as a kid
>too dumb to find secret lore shit like reading all gossip stones
>every subsequent playthrough
>know exactly where i'm going so just breeze past everything and never see the extras/lore shit

didn't know the sinking lure was a thing until like two months ago, this game keeps on giving

If you think about it, it was all Zelda's fault.
Just like in BotW, she send people to their doom and dead because she's an incompetent retard.

Attached: 3124e0745ce86f33e2bd609cf4698555.jpg (1200x1232, 158K)

In Majora's Mask, when you go to Snowhead and are about to get the Lens of Truth, the owl shows up and tells you what happened to Snowhead.
The red text is what gets me. It's startling and makes you say "oh shit!"
It really amplifies the urgency of the situation.

Bump

all good user, it took me a while too

unironically this is how a lot of people choose to interpret the bible. there's a method of reading where if a character is given no explanation or backstory, one may try to link said character to a certain event or story arc which was given to information or context. pretty ineresting how effectively it works for basically every story, even stuff like OoT