This is so much worse than the first one, what were they thinking?

This is so much worse than the first one, what were they thinking?

Attached: tooie.jpg (1600x800, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g71RUFfq8dY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong.

fpwp

Spwp

If you thought that was bad, play the other 3 Banjo games.

they both sucked ass

They wanted to make it a Metroidvania

fpbp
spwp

spbp

It's a grower. It's slower and less accessible than the first one but as it unfolds the exploration aspect gets much stronger than the first game.
It also doesn't help that the first world is the very worst one.

No it wasn't. Literally go fuck yourself and then neck yourself after you're done.

calm down sweaty, it's just videogames ;)

banjo tooie's reception is proof that banjofags don't deserve to have any new games

fpbp, sbwp, tpbp

>look at me im a contrarian

Are you dumb? It's practically the same game as the first one but bigger with more of everything and tons of small improvements and additions to both gameplay and visuals. Tooie is the best video game sequel.

I wouldn't mind Tooie if the movement speed wasn't so slow and they didn't rely on warps and shortcuts that didn't make sense
>go into the bottom of the spire in Terrydactyland
>hollow all the way to the top where Terry's nest is
>enter the spire from halfway up
>leads to a small set of caves that connect with Mayahem

Grunty's Revenge is good

Attached: king jingaling statue.png (500x265, 233K)

>more = better
retard

Cringe and bluepilled

youtube.com/watch?v=g71RUFfq8dY

Banjo Tooie is a casual filter for faggots who pretend to like collectathons

Playing it now after the 100% Kazooie in 10 hours, nah still prefer Tooie, more fun more of a challenge but if you like Kazooie more that's fine. Complaints are legit but now enough to say it's shit.

Nice bait, I hope you don't mind if I talk about how great Tooie is ITT.
Because it's really good.

Attached: Witchyworld_entry.png (1366x768, 991K)

>way more fucking content
>more intricate level design
>characters handle better
>all the original moves PLUS enhanced/better ones
>aesthetic shit and music just as good as first one, character models improved
Imagine thinking backtracking in vidya is some kind of inherent design flaw. I'm convinced this originates from some e-celeb video I haven't watched yet, nobody 7 years ago was complaining about muh backtracking muh level size. The only complaint anyone had for years was the frame rate getting fucked sometimes.

Attached: 1486680054099.jpg (358x437, 60K)

garbage edgy shit

How do I emulate them? Pls... fuck

Attached: 1547463806132.png (960x960, 1001K)

the only thing i don't like about tooie is how weird they made banjo's voice

>emulating N64 games

Nigga get Rare Replay, it’s cheap as hell on PC

its on PC now?

I dunno OP what were you thinking while making this thread?

Attached: 1538936021884.jpg (499x338, 33K)

You're correct, it comes from EgoRaptor and his videos bitching about the later Zelda and Castlevania games. Zoomers get all their opinions secondhand instead ofa ctually playing games.

who the fuck said anything about backtracking

you're right OP, but boomers will deny it. the game is full of way too much time wasting and the larger levels are just spread out, not actually filled with more content. it just feels like a slog whereas the first game felt way more tight and well paced.

>it is impossible for someone to have their own opinion on something, it HAD to have come from (insert youtuber here) !!

imagine zooming this hard

Yes, I think so too.

- Grunty doesn't rhyme.
- There's no metaphor for Banjo-Kazoie using musical notes to break the magical barriers. The instrument metaphor is broken.
- The notes are used to learn new tricks, but that kind of defeat the purpose of collecting the notes.
- You don't use the notes to guide you through the stages, since it saves it. So there's no challenge in collecting them on stages so you can open the spell barriers.
- The enemies will always spawn back after being defeated, that's different on Kazooie, where they's stay dead.
- The landmarks are bad.
- Too much backtracking.
- Too much walking, Banjo and Kazooie should've been at least 20% faster.
- Annoying FPS stages.
- Mumbo Jumbo parts are a chore and are unecessary. Or at least he should have an ability that would let you place flying pads everywhere for a quantity of mumbo tokens.
- The Glowbo collecting is pointless.
- It's missing two missing eggs surprise. (The Ice Key was supposed to be used on DK64, so they used on the chest so you could get Dragon Kazooie).
- Cloud Cuckoland is bad designed and feels it's made of leftovers.
- It's missing the 9th stage.

It's not a bad game, but it tried to be too big for its own good, so it's lacking polish.

Attached: 1560836513487.png (2247x3080, 604K)

It comes from Dunkey's Yooka Laylee video.

It's not on pc. Any coons want to tell me how to emulate these games please? Fuggg

Attached: 1557892741811.png (748x800, 600K)

>470298173
Grunty's revenge is good but it's unfinished.

more =/= better

Super Mario World has more levels than Super Mario 3, but that doesn't mean it's inherently better

project 64 newest version, glide64 plugin, jaboo's direct sound plugin

N64 emulation is shit. You're better off getting a used 360 and getting the remasters. They even run at 60 fps and have the cut content.

>Grunty's Revenge is good

I severely doubt that many people would ever claim it's better than Tooie if it wasn't as obscure as it is.

But also, Canary Mary is broken because her AI was programmed with frame drops in mind and not updated for the improved FPS in the Xbox port.

xbox 360 arcade version or rare replay

Its so much better because its an intricate game instead of 9 circles where you follow a line and are done in 15 minutes. BK is incredibly basic and feels like a beta, to an n64 game. That came out in 2000

but World is better you fucking plebian

>Empty worlds
>More content

Attached: 1527672534697.gif (400x221, 513K)

>what were they thinking?

Bigger is better.

I have a lot of respect for the way the gameplay mechanics pick up immediately where Clock Clock Wood left off and just keeps growing. No games even try that because they're too focused on resetting things to make the game more accessible. But a lot of the worlds are empty and boring, and I'm personally not a fan of having to move on to the next level without it being possible to 100% the previous one. In fact it feels like a solid third of each level is designed to force you to come back later. Even the mediocre levels from 1 were over in half an hour.

I've seen people bitch about backtracking in forums before youtube ecelebs were even a thing.

don't subvert shit you stupid cunt.

The lighting is so strange, I believe they used a system where they'd mix 3 RGB colors to define the lighting, the game looks so strange because of that.

And the framerate was also horrible.

dude make it bigger, bigger is better

to be fair I played it first and I've had a soft spot for huge wander-thons ever since. but I can see why BK's more concise nature would make it more palatable to a lot of people.

Backtracking IS inherently bad. Name one time you were excited to go through the same level/area you'd already done. The only time backtracking is acceptable is if the area has changed significantly (so it's not really backtracking).

tooie and kazooie both do a few things excellently, and fail at a few things
>tooie
>grand, interconnecting worlds, gigantic scope, great boss fights, music, cna play as mumbo and unique transformations that have surprisingly good utility
>con: worlds like terrydactylland are way bigger than they need to be. walking in general is way too slow, and many moves get outdated the world after you get them

kazooie
>pro: memorable, colorful worlds that can be cleared very efficiently if you know what you're doing
>doeesn't overstay it's welcome, great OST
>kino final boss
>con: too easy, more mumbo's tokens than you need, transformations are generally just to get into small holes.
overall though i'd say kazooie slightly edges out tooie as the better overall experience.