I finally did it

I finally did it.
Got my shit all hacked, got EmuMMD set up, got a fresh, newly empty 128gb SD card
Give me some lesser known hidden gems to check out

Attached: tumblr_p2hy2sCnPn1ti7nw4o1_r1_1280.png (1080x1080, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-GcJC0N07Nk
switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mario odissei and zelda

If you haven't yet give Katana Zero a try.

youtu.be/-GcJC0N07Nk

Attached: KatanaZerogameartDEL5149778.jpg (1920x1094, 2.4M)

Lapis X Labyrinth

Attached: lapis-x-labyrinth-image-cht-02.png (1400x788, 1.47M)

is there a better way to do this than the paperclip thing yet?

imagine having less than 400gb sd

I used a thin strip of aluminum foil, but no, you still gotta do that.
The good news is, you only have to do it once

Thumper

Anyone got a good guide for switch modding. ? How safe is it.? Is it basically old 3ds modding ? Like a sys nand for official use and emu for custom bullshit.?

If you havent played Mario, Zelda, or Smash I highly recommend. Those are best games u can play.

Not much on switch, unless you missed out on some indie games like hollow knight or cuphead. Momodora and The messenger is alright. Try megaman 11, That YUGIOH game is in english already even though it's not out in the west yet. Maybe grab castlevania collection, 4 is a fun semi casual playthough if you don't know the series.

for retail stuff there really isn't anything besides the big nintendo kusoge.

God, there's so many great indie pixelshit games on the Switch
This one
Owlboy
Iconoclasts
Celeste
Into the Breach
Wargroove

how safe is it? I hear you can fry your system if youre not careful.

Can't wait to hack it myself come September.

I used aluminium foil the first time, way easier than paperclip. honestly I recommend doing that once and ordering some 2-5dollar jig off amazon or ebay. I find I need to put it back into rcm semi-regularly for firmware or to flash a new memory card when one runs out of space.

FAST RMX is a good f-zero wipeout hybrid

This one
switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting

Also, it doesn't mention it, but you're going to want at least a 64gb SD card that's separate from the SD card you use in your Switch normally, and you're going to want to dedicate that card to your hacked Switch.

Basically, step 0, buy a 64GB SD card.
Step 1 is to follow the instructions in the link above to get your switch all hacked and set up all safeguards and backups
Step 2 is create an emuMMD on your new SD card, taking care to leave your original card alone and intact.

That way, you have, in effect, two completely different Switches running on the same hardware, and when you want to be a pirate and do all kinds of crazy shit to your switch, you plug in your piracy card and boot into emuMMD, and when you want to be a good boy and play online with your legitimately obtained games, you plug in your original SSD and boot into sysMMD. Best of both worlds, no chance of mixing your peas and your pudding, no chance for system ban.

What kind of crazy things can a modded Switch do?

Thanks for spoonfeeding me user. Ill get on it tomorrow

You have to be EXTREMELY un-careful to fry your system that way. Everyone says you can fry your system, but really, they *have* to say that because there's a very very small chance that you might fry your system if you do literally anything not explicitly within standard operational parameters, and some moron might ignore the instructions entirely and hold the instruction givers responsible for their fuckups.

If you have any degree of mindfulness at all, you can't fry your switch by accident.

Basically, you just want to take a small, thin strip of tinfoil, and fold it over the last two pins in the joycon. That's it. It's not permanent, but it doesn't have to be. Once you've booted into RCM, you can set your switch to boot into RCM on its own, and you're good to go

Attached: vNC8qLQ.png (450x390, 279K)

nothing really. It can play switch games and run retroarch, and a few ports like quake and doom etc. I guess you can get themes and shit if you like that gay shit.

this

>retroarch
Does it work at least decently? I hacked my Wii back in the day just for GC emulation.
I wouldn't mind playing some GBA or N64 games. Although maybe I should just buy a Raspberry Pi for that.

Piracy, mods, emulation up to SNES and PS1 very comfortably, homescreen themes, homebrew obviously. Basic stuff.
If you wanna go turbohax, you can install a linux distro and get even crazier with the emulation

Switch games aren't crazy huge for the most part, you can easily get away with a lot less

How did you do it and in what order. I get copy all the shit on your SD and make a nand backup and the boot into atmosphere. But how does setting a emunand up work.

Raspberry Pi is shit.

Can't you just buy a jig and make your life easier?

Why?

>GC emulation.
The reason the GC emulation in the wii was so good was because the specs are just that of an overclocked gamecube
and then they hid the components in the wii u and you can access it with homebrew

Too much input delay and it can barely handle PS1 emulation.

Retroarch works great for anything 2D. The 3D emulators for stuff like PS1 and N64 are getting better but it will be a while before they're "good", at least on the cfw version of Retroarch. There's another version of Retroarch you can run on Switch via dual booting Lakka Linux that has much better performance but it comes with its own downsides like no docked support.

Played it at a friend's home and had no problem.

If you do it right, you're only ever going to do it once.

The ten minutes of sweat it takes to bend a strip of tinfoil is worth way more than the 5 bucks and week of shipping it'll take to get a jig.

overclock for better performance, especially in handheld mode

I can probably buy one here in a store where I'm from. maybe even get it delivered the next day if I'm lazy.

I did mine with the paperclip method and would recommend it. Got into RCM first try with it, used the same paperclip for a friends switch.

Too many typos in that other post, let me try again
Step 1: Do all the shit in that guide
Step 2: when that's done, plug the SD card you intend to use for your shit, and boot into hekate
Step 3: Go EmuMMC (I've been typing it wrong this whole time, it's MMC not MMD, hur dur)> Create emuMMC, and select SD File.
When that's done, reboot your Switch, load Hekate again, then go emuMMC>Change emuMMC, and select the image you just created. Then back out, go Launch>CFW(EMUNAND) and you're done. Let your Switch boot up, Go to Settings >System, and check that AMS is in the firmware version. If it is, you're golden. Set up the proper DNS (or just leave your network settngs blank), Go nuts, load up a custom theme, play some pirated games, whatever.

Finally, put all the stuff from the SD folder from the guide onto your "Clean" SD card, and now, when you want to switch back to your original, clean Switch, shut your switch off, swap SD cards, boot into Hekate again, go Launch> Stock SYSNAND.
From there, you might check the firmware version to make sure it's all proper and official, then re-setup your internet, because as long as you only go online with legitimate games on official firmware, you have nothing to fear.