Super Mario Maker 2 - Chill & Shill

How many times does someone need to press A to complete your course?

Masterlist: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo/edit?usp=sharing

Submission Form: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_F2czkwgrdgD4JOqDHixDqAzn2Q1uRqMZcNkzQZnjeaCHmg/viewform

Attached: 1537974887039.jpg (977x1200, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD-5jX7r3M
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
isprize.live
mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Maker#Updates
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Afrobull
based

I’m still pretty new to level design so any feedback is appreciated

Anchor Post

Attached: Anchor.jpg (425x425, 27K)

BOO'S NIGHTCLUB PARTY
>you and Boo party at the hottest local nightclub there is! enjoy the music and lights, and don't be causing trouble for her, user!
>charming, fairly short and not too difficult themed mario world level
K47-HS2-65G

Thanks for all the love and support! Been having a creative drought, but playing lots of your levels helped a bunch. Hope it has lots of SOUL!

Attached: B1B9991820.jpg (999x1374, 136K)

IT'S CLAW TIME FUCKERS
1XF-GJR-YWG

Attached: SMM2 SMB Claw.png (38x58, 374)

Repostin' once since the thread ended quick.
First level made, would appreciate anyone checking it out, and feel free to reply with a course of yours to check out (Fair warning though I'm pretty bad.)
F02-330-KHF

Attached: 1398894896478.png (900x1034, 391K)

I have seven stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

The Fall of K-2L
WMJ-T66-41G
A level themed after the Space Pirate raid of Samus Aran's mining home colony.

Are there any glitches or exploits that are going to be as seemingly prevalent and annoying as mid-airs?

I'm going to bed in a few mins after playing lots of stages from all you people for a few hours just now, but I haven't posted some of these stages I made in a little while I think and maybe more people feel like checking them out. So here goes - and I'll add a subjective difficulty rating.

>Desert Run - TT3-TDK-DPG - 7/10
You're trying to escape the desert, but the thwomps won't let that happen and chase you right across! Fast level where you almost always run at full speed. Last part requires some spin jumping with Z.

>Airship Assault - YWK-8JY-TBG - 6/10
Fast course where you enter a fleet of airships and use their own cannonball salvos to traverse the skies and make it to the next airship. Decent timing helps a lot.

>Krazy Kart - JQN-H1M-HDF - 2/10
A Kart stage that's easy enough to be enjoyed by anyone, but has lots of places to shave off time if you want to go for WR! Times under 60 seconds have been achieved by now, can you do it too?

>Thwomp's Journey in the Rain - 82Q-J7P-S7G - 3/10
A lonely Thwomp is making his way through the rainy night. Use your Dry Bones shell and its move set to ride on top of him and make it to the end!

HMW-350-41H

My first course ever.
Some good old platforming and mushroom finding. Enjoy!

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 467K)

Switch jumping
It's not that difficult though

of all the things you could spam why this?

>Bowser's Elite 4
>FNB-QK2-CVF

Boss rush vs bowser's best soldiers: Goomba, Koopa, Boo and Hammer bro.

Why don't people ever post the futa dicks by this artist

woah, henry looks like THAT????

I don't wanna get banned

Bulges don't give a ban

Attached: 2017-05-12-ivanka-rumpxxxxx.png (861x1379, 498K)

I've been banned for posting vidya girls in bikinis

>Levels aren't all that popular
>Make a basic smb1 styled level
>It's well liked

Ok but why?

Attached: 1562880320122.gif (500x262, 686K)

>wake up
>See this
I dunno how it happened
08R-G10-J6G

Attached: 20190713_201008.jpg (1020x1440, 116K)

been playing Pokemon Moon all day since it's in my backlog, this was the only thing that could've made me launch Mario Maker

The majority of people play Easy difficulty, I guess.

NEW STAGE!
2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! C3X-W5Y-RIH
Defeat the Koopa Cousins in their Tower of Tragedy and destroy their malicious machines!

Bit Crusade 3 is the sequel to the two full games (1-1 to 8-4) I created within Mario Maker 1, reminiscent of traditional Mario levels, and (eventually) utilizing all 5 game styles. Meant to be played in sequence as an adventure game, starting at the 1-1. There's secrets to find, alternative pathways and other goodies as well. Try to find all 5 Power Pepperonis hidden in each stage to access the super secret bonus room at the end of each level.

You can start here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Or if you've been keeping up, the current world:
2-1: DoubleJump Dunes 5HF-BVH-2JF
2-2: Cloud Town GT6-3MG-SYG
2-3: Pipe Mill Plaza 4VM-N1M-83G
2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! C3X-W5Y-RIH

Give em a go, I'm usually pretty good about leaving feedback here and on the game itself. Reply to this with some stages you want played and I'll prioritize those, otherwise I pick through the thread at random. If you complete the entire first world reply to this with what you thought or anything you find that's busted and I'll play all your levels, and if I find one I really like I'll make a webm of part of it to showcase it.

Been playing a buncha anons levels, lotsa good stuff tonight.

Your boo series is adorable, and also the bulk of them are good stages too. You'll come up with another soon enough, I habeeb.

I finished yours from the last thread, and thought it was dope, especially for a first level, only thing I might suggest is to maybe have a checkpoint in that yellow block room if you go for the true end, that way you don't have to repeat the whole level if you die up there.

I'll give it a go man

Question for the thread:
What's your favorite BG to make levels on? Any particular reason?

Attached: Saudade.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

Eh, that's really just half the time
I've been banned for stuff i posted weeks prior

I can tell my level made the rounds in Endless mode for the first time today because a got a ton of new plays and a LOT of those players all died on a jump that can only be made if you're running.

It wasn't a leap-of-faith or any type of bullshit like that. It's a standard jump. No tricks. No bullshit. I'm starting to think that "complete all your level without running" guy was on to something.

Attached: right there officer.png (1201x996, 70K)

shit disregard lol, didnt realize it was the same code at first

That's the weird part. It has a lower compete rate than my other levels

Tbh, I enjoy Mario ass styled Mario levels that would belong in their respective game, instead of relying on gimmicks or the new toys which never were.

3YF-4C0-PTF
TITANIC TOWER
A vertical level with 10 themed floors and some shortcuts. I tried to keep it pretty forgiving since the game's playerbase is babbies.

I haven’t gotten around to grabbing an SD card yet, is digital for this game fine or is it not really feasible to save levels with the default amount of space?

levels only take up about 480kb altogether

Reposting from last thread: A level with a bunch of mini-speedruns where you have to race the shell to the goal.

>MPH-1MJ-JTG

Attached: Run Like the Wind!.webm (960x540, 1.12M)

What makes for good vertical platform climbing in SMB1? The vines are awkward, no one likes tracks, and precision jumps are overdone already on the course world. Worst case, I just do a bunch of tiered mushroom platforms with enemies on each.

Very few levels in these threads are based on going right and platforming.

There's a run?

Is this post directed at anyone in particular

>I finished yours from the last thread, and thought it was dope, especially for a first level, only thing I might suggest is to maybe have a checkpoint in that yellow block room if you go for the true end, that way you don't have to repeat the whole level if you die up there.

Thanks!
I think that's a good point in general, but specifically the idea for the level was if players would make the sacrifice of going that extra tough mile to save Yoshi or take the less painful way out of just finishing it.

Attached: stack.gif (268x480, 56K)

It's because of THE ALGORITHM
Sometimes random levels get picked out and shilled like crazy, I guess. The average MM2 player is a lot worse than MM1 players were, so easy levels with really high clear rates seem to be getting shilled more.

Also, I guess you got the royal outfit for being #1 in weekly maker points?

Revised levels after feedback. I am making 8 worlds with around 6-10 stages in each world. All stages have atleast 1 pink coin to find, most stages have several and some of them are very hard to find. Difficulty of these levels is like 2/5 since it's world 1 but the coins can be tricky. Can Yea Forums find all the hidden coins?

World 1:

1-1 New beginnings
WFY-YDL-T1H

1-2 Buzzy Problems
3FM-9SF-DQG

1-3 Tasty platforms
YDN-KDT-GHF

1-4 Fish in the sky
P8L-B7Q-Y1G

1-[F] A kind start
C11-8J6 -PTF

1-5 work in progress

All feedback welcome, if you want me to try your levels and give a like, let me know.

Attached: 25991269128621.jpg (684x1000, 167K)

do you guys have a discord? i stream late night to only like 3-4 people at any given time. i wouldnt mind playing your levels live if anyone is interested

No. But most, over 50%, of the levels I play here want me to get lost, go backwards, enter multiple rooms to get a coin in each etc.

Not Mondo I'm just another user - Very strong first level man, I enjoyed it. Your use of alternative routes was great and I hope you continue to explore that in future levels.

5XL-K0N-TNG new running level

Also whoever was the user that had the WR on this stage: M7V-JVG-M2G it has been beaten

mine is

Attached: 3[1].png (112x112, 12K)

>what is

5BM-2JN-JVF

Pretty easy course because I decided to focus more on the visuals. It's a snow themed course at night. Tell me what you think.

>2019
>Switch has a camera
>no option to just QR code in your level ids
Pushmo days on Yea Forums were super comfy.

Minesweeper (beginner difficulty)
5N2-P53-YDG
Cape based SMW level
02V-MBJ-RHF
Standard SMB castle
B9Y-BKT-C2G
POW block trick jump
TBS-T7T-T1G
Icicle trick jump (very hard)
5V9-YVD-XJF
Weird single jump trick level
69L-B0Y-8QF

Attached: minesweeper.jpg (1200x630, 267K)

You're trending on "Hot Courses" btw, congrats!

>A mating press is a mating press!

wrong code

Piratefags, can you even play Mario maker 2 online?

awwww shit fucken nice
i think that's the first time that's happened even though my other courses got a decent amount of likes pretty quick
idk how it works but whatever fucken nice

Well, the problem with traditional platforming stages is that they just don't do well in an environment like Mario Maker. Not just because gimmick stages tend to be more popular, but also because what most people forget about traditional Mario level design is that a good part of the challenge and motivation to complete a level or play it well comes from the fact that it's contained within a much larger game. In traditional Mario platformers, every coin and every extra life counts because you carry them from level to level. Power-ups are much more because if you manage to complete the level with one, you can take it into a level that might not have any power-ups available to you. You're passively rewarded for your skilled playing. You can't replicate that very well in Mario Maker. Some people like to have Red Coins or hidden keys serve as a bonus challenge for some players, but what they can be rewarded with, other than the challenge or experience, is limited. At best you get a little coin room as congratulations.

That is not to say that traditional levels have no value, or that you should not make them, but I am saying is that there is a good part of the appeal of traditional Mario level design that cannot be carried over into Mario Maker by virtue of its design.

Attached: m3053l2mzk631.png (522x767, 187K)

No turning back!:
5SN-TWT-D4G

My newest level. Its my first time making a level like this, so let me know what you think. It should be fairly easy, and the level title should be fairly self explanatory for the gimmick.

POWer through the night:
0BN-6G8-RPG

My really hard level I made, based off of throwing POWs in the night airship theme in SMB3. I don't often make really hard stages so let me know what you think of this one as well.

Escape the poison cheep cheep!
6MR-6QM-DKG

Level me and my girlfriend made together. If you can, leave a comment on this level, she really likes reading them, regardless of what you say.

Attached: 1562883803229.jpg (704x592, 77K)

Trials of the Skipsqueaks
5QW-F9Q-BMG
Overcome the army of skipsqueaks

Think Fast!
DVW-FTD-KLF
Pick the correct pipebased on the numberof enemies

Secrets of the Mirrored Desert
53W-4DG-3TF
Use the layout of the desert to find the 5 keys

Wait, are you saying you don't get a notification if your level ends up on Hot or Popular?

Attached: 1559032302975.png (578x878, 307K)

It's why I'm baffled MM2 didn't have ANY semblance of connected level support, either via having the option of an SMB3/SMW map to tie levels to (and thus progression), or a simple 1-1 through to 1-4 system.

Let the shilling continue! Thanks to the anons who have given me feedback. I'll be playing anons' levels as well, so if you have a level you want me to try, let me know.

NEW LEVELS:
>The Tower of Bowbel
>M9F-TVS-5JG
Vertical level where you start at the bottom and have to scale your way to the top. Some tricky bits of platforming and a mandatory boss at the end. Relatively short to make retries after falls less painful.

OLD LEVELS:
>The Netherglades
>CHN-0YS-8MG
Standard platforming level with fluctuating poison depth. Branching path to reach the end. Tried hard to make the main path aesthetic and feel Mario-ish. The branching path is some bullshit, though, so be ready for that.
>Lava Surf
>BCS-KNB-FPG
Short level mainly built so that I could test the mechanics of the drybones shell. Probably my least favorite of the bunch.
>Mushroom Kingdom Tournament
>4XN-SPN-CGG
Colosseum-themed boss rush level in the desert.
>The Haunted Armada
>QTG-2SQ-8HF
Nighttime airship level with some difficult cannon sections but fairly standard platforming. Bonus door locked behind red coins; finding all of the coins is TOUGH (at least, it was designed to be).
>In a Hurry
>6R5-SL0-5YG
Silly, short speedrun level with a limited timer and nonlethal obstacles. Reach the end before the time expires.
>Raiding Drybones Keep
>8GN-0RX-62H
Very difficult platforming level. Desert night, so wind makes jumps especially tricky. My favorite that I've made.
>Galoomba Infestation
>N42-37L-7KG
There are too many galoombas, and it's your job to exterminate them. Kill 40 to beat the level. On/off blocks, fluctuating water level, and puzzle elements.

Attached: Super-Mario-Maker-2.jpg (1024x683, 82K)

It's #4 on the Popular tab right now.

Stage is baller man, fast paced and pretty challenging, I'm going for all the red coins right now, I almost got them all on my first go but I chickened out at the Hammer Bros one at the end like a bitch haha.

I'mma give these a go after I do that.

Attached: Claw Time.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

I made a level where you literally can't look left, will this appease you?

I just got the game, is there any way to turn off the user comments that are constantly popping up during levels? It is really quite annoying.

Not picked the game up yet. Does it have a proper tagging/difficulty system this time around so people can declare it employ kaizo bs or other gimmicks?

try this: 5XL-K0N-TNG
running based level

All it tells me is I got the royal outfit and crown by getting a gold medal for my course.
You get a tuxedo and top hat for Silver

Attached: 20190713_215507.jpg (2256x1692, 1.9M)

Here's a couple of my less popular levels. Feedback appreciated.

Pillar of Autumn Warthog Run
NQ9-4S6-JWG
A kart level inspired by the ending of Halo CE. Not too long or difficult. No checkpoint though since I didn't want the timer to reset. Maybe let me know how that decision goes.

Forgotten Negative World
9W4-T3B-4PG
Vaguely traditional SMB level inspired by an episode from a series of classic flash animations. I'm sure people here will figure out which one.

Attached: 1558201588150.jpg (750x990, 114K)

thanks dude
if you're mondo (pretty sure you are), i really liked the boss fights on your new level. super unique.

Is this a Yea Forums thread, or a drawthread?

Comfy.

>getting more than 50 plays
lucky

Course or maker not found, user

Here's my very first level, be warned it is a hard level. Criticism is always welcomed.

-White Mountain-
MH0-KBS-L3G

Hey thanks dood. Yea it’s me, glad you liked em, I knew with a vertical autoscroll stage the deck was stacked against me a bit but I’m hoping that folks like it. Probably gonna start World 3 in a little bit, super excited cause SMW is one of my favorite styles

Will people catch on or should I bother building any further beyond the first screen.

Attached: D_ZpUnIUwAENlNQ.jpg (1206x559, 239K)

???

I’m pretty sure I posted the right code

Attached: 8B0BE562-2707-4D3B-A2A4-B61C1A0EFEBF.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

>Make a level
>Takes hours
>It ends up short and shitty anyway
>Never try again
Fuck this game, if anyone here didn't buy it yet I don't recommend it.

if you're doing the ceave thing make sure to name it something like "THE GHOST HOUSE OF ONLY LOOK FORWARD"
that's honestly the only way

Just title the level "don't turn around". There's little else you can do

All of my easy course get lots of plays (not as much as spaceship) probably around 100-150. But if my level has even the tiniest bit of difficulty it gets slammed with like 10 plays. Kids vote boo and run to the next course if they die even once

You put KON, not KOM

I loved your newest level! Its challenging, but the fact you can land back on the tower at any point was really nice. I left you a boom boom giving a thumbs up. I'll be working through the rest of your levels soon
I'm , though you can probably skip POWer through the night unless you really want to play it, its seriously pretty tough.

Nope!

Attached: 1496026150058.jpg (900x900, 85K)

fiery phantasm--a level in which you survive a haunted lava dungeon. im pretty generous with checkpoints but lemme know if it's too difficult

Attached: fiery phantasm.png (1470x900, 97K)

Yes, pause and it's in those menus

Made a smaller "mariovania" type stage with an emphasis on speedrunning. reply to my post and I'll play your stage as well
9SC-Y1J-WKF

Attached: 1562529526626.jpg (985x1024, 67K)

hello

I wish this game had a proper search system, I just wanna play more comfy 20 second runs

Here's probably the only level I'll make.

W2M-FM8-GPG

Mario gets a call about a broken furnace. Get down there and see what you can do about it.

There are two well hidden secrets inspired by the secrets you might find in old NES games. You will know you found it if you find something that will make the already somewhat simple level a bit easier. I don't think anyone will find them but I like to think someday some exploratory player might be rewarded.

Attached: more like funace.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

ah ok sorry, enjoy the level

Did we ever come to a consensus

Attached: whosfast.png (1884x1210, 65K)

Ideally I want to do the Ceave don't turn around thing with a few puzzles based around it.

I wish I could just have forced creator comments on levels to explain mechanics.

Head in the Clouds [20s]
9Q0-LDY-3KF
First level I made so some stuff may be shitty

Those spring/fire jumps are painful. Maybe I'm just shit with the car, though.

Luigi's Mansion

Any and all feedback is appreciated, don’t hold back if there’s something wrong with a level.

NEW

Ant Trooper Badlands Crawl
YJS-0CF-G7G
>This level is based around what I think is some fairly challenging platforming since that seems to be what 3D World is best for. I wish there was more to this level thematically but there isn’t a ton you can do to make levels pretty.
Ancient Whirlpool Temple
SJK-24J-SMG
>This isn’t too long a level since water levels in Mario tend to drag if they go on for too long. It’s all about using the whirlpools to dodge enemies in some cases, and avoiding them to avoid getting pushed into enemies or spikes in others.
Wigglerbush Garden Trek
BK5-0FJ-LFF
>This is a much more simple and casual stage than the past few stages I’ve created, and is the 1-2 of the campaign I’m cobbling together. I tried to use the NSMBU ground theme in a way that somewhat detracts from the generic feel of this theme in particular, so I went for a garden theme instead of a regular ground stage.

OLDER LEVELS

>Bowser’s Sky Thwomp Fortress!
BC2-G4S-TBG
>Desert Chomplex
F18-4VF-54G
>Overgrown Mushroom Cloudtops
9YP-PFS-6QF
>Dry Fish Sewers
FWH-10N-8WG
>Bounce and Swing Jungle
STM-RKD-M9G
>Dreamy Sandship Dunes
7N5-Y6V-1TG

Attached: 6B973BD5-554E-4FD2-8740-E3F5E0810496.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

Use the description box dummy

Hold B when jumping on the springs and jut hold right

I made a don't turn back level () and my solution was just to put a big left arrow and a couple skull lifts. If they don't get that then honestly I dont know what else to do.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MARIO MAKER BOOKMARK 2

Attached: 0q1N2f8F.jpg (400x400, 17K)

5XL-K0M-TNG and 1Q8-9DG-6VG

I'm planning on making more runner levels, I have a few ideas to make the idea fresh. I'll eventually make more runner levels with all styles.

I'm worried these levels may be too easy though

Based user

That's fine, thanks user

Attention everyone, I'd just like to make an announcement:

FUCK THE HITBOXES ON PIRANHA CREEPERS AND FUCK ANYONE THAT SETS UP TRICKY JUMPS OFF THEM

Attached: 75312-3.jpg (355x291, 19K)

Yeah I don't know what the fuck it is about them. It always looks easy since they have that massive head.

Man, what is up with rail objects loading?
All I want is a platform to stand on that has boos rotating around it. But boo buddies load in a while before they scroll on screen, yellow platforms load in way before they scroll on screen, hard blocks load in the moment they scroll on screen, and blue platforms move slower than the buddies do so I can't even use manual timing.
Any advice?

use doors

The offscreen bits on Escape the Poison Cheep Cheep make it feel cheap cheap. It would be more fun and less trial-and-error repetition if I could see where I was supposed to go. Fun concept, though.

My stages

My first one is a multiplayer based on smash; I really couldn't think of a good one.
6FQ-C4AP-YMF

Second level is similar as the first but a single player multi man melee using the goombrats
JOP-9FS-LNG

My third level is a simple level where you swim tried to make a Jaws-like level with suspense
S0R-3Y8-52H

My fourth level is a sky battle where you fly around and destroy other ships culminating in a final battle against bowser and bowser jr there is a way to defeat bowser without fireing a shot
V72-C3Y-7LG

I've been having a blast playing these. I'm on 1-F now, and Ive managed to find all the red coins on all the stages so far, though some really do require some thinking as I so elegantly demonstrate here lol. Really good stuff man, following, give mine a go at your earliest convenience

Attached: Grass Land Tasty Platforms.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Brand new level:
>Mario Dances With Eels
K4R-W8R-3NG
Real quick level to attempt to salvage night underwater theme. Working on something else.
Better than most first levels, not really sure what was happening though. I think I accidentally skipped a bunch of stuff.
>Desert Run
I still can't do the part with the bomb.
>2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! C3X-W5Y-RIH
Wrong code? Found it through your maker page anyways and the boss was pretty fun.

Attached: wolf-eel.jpg (547x411, 52K)

>I suck balls at this game therefore it's a shit game

Git gud nigger

post your level

Snow Fields, Fire Plants - PTD-3KL-6WF
Thwomp Desert - 7NT-PHW-3DG
Toxic Treeway: YF8-32R-SGF
Grindflower Garden: K5R-72N-GMG
Spooky Scrolling: KCG-5N2-0RG
Uno Mas: Freeze!: QCK-7Q9-CLG
Long Chomp Romp: DXS-HFH-KFF
Icy Ascent: MCN-NJ7-RWG

Icy ascent is my personal favorite, but Grindflower garden is the highest rated

short isn't a bad thing
long-ass levels get grating sometimes

Unironically NSMBU desert night with a star on a conveyor belt running right.

Shut up shut uuuuuuup! SHUT THE FUCK UP

You just blaze through the levels, almost like you had a red coin magnet on your back. Thanks for playing and commenting Mondo! Trying your levels now.

Somewhere down the line when I start making longer and more difficult levels I will name one of them after you and the coins in that level will be nigh impossible to find

Winter Slops Galore!
Y2H-71G-MGG

Pro Gamer Test
NVW-4LR-MCG

Banzai Bill Barrage!
6H9-VCT-9NG

Mario Souls
L5P-BJ0-TBG

Mondo is a competent maker but I hate playing his stuff. He needs to focus on traditional style courses.

>desert night running at night
Will changing the system clock work?

Attached: 1553541360741.jpg (612x612, 73K)

>can't place shit in the zoomed out view
Who the fuck designed this editor?

what did he mean by this

Attached: 1534691827719.png (498x450, 4K)

Finished a new level: PL1-TN2-BWF.
Face the arena's champion!

Did you read that wrong? I typed "running right"
In NSMBU desert night, wind blows to the right constantly. It's the only theme where the wind doesn't stop blowing, too.
SMB blows left in intervals, SMB3 blows right in intervals, SMW alternates between left/right in intervals, NSMBU blows right constantly.

But they are traditional style, what about them makes them nontraditional?

Holy shit I thought I was crazy. I knew the wind never acted the way I expected it to and I could never figure out why.

I watched where people died in that stage and you weren't alone in dying that way kek

I'm playing through your stages right now, who knew you could use bloopers as hats

>put a hidden block to reward players for discovering the secret area
>get Boo'd and told they "found my hidden dev block"

You faggots need to cut this shit out. Not everyone is out to get you, holy shit.

Attached: LVsEP1v.jpg (287x271, 31K)

So is MM2 worth buying at full price?

Nah, I'd wait for a possible Christmas discount.

Twisters, though only if you know what youre doing

Why the FUCK aren't the one ways in the 3D World style? There are so many stupid fucking decisions made in the 3D World style, it really makes you wonder what they were thinking.

Attached: 2438508259.png (199x226, 3K)

It's supposed to be 3D

KINO

>get cool idea
>execute it poorly because I suck at making things look good

Attached: uwu.png (2000x1921, 636K)

One ways are fine, but DOTTED-LINE BLOCKS? THERE'S AN ON/OFF SWITCH, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING NOT ADDING THEM?
They'll probably add stuff next content patch

It's an unfinished style
Might get content updates

How do you know if you get boo'd?

Only way I know if you see somebody play your course, then look at your makerscore and it went down... that or somebody leaves mean or snarky comment so you can just assume

The lips he draws are alluring.

It better get updates, I have to create a big fucking contraption for something that would require two one ways. Also dotted line blocks not being there is retarded, same with tracks, you might as well not even have the off and on block in the style

Thanks for playing, you got any stages you want me to play?

They should let you jump from rolls, give them more momentum, add side somersaults and let you jump higher after a ground pound. After those changes, I'll be satisfied with the way it controls.

>tfw an user draws cute art for your level

Attached: c8c801c5ed0b570207492e0612a835bef0db2dfaad7c99d893895179866f348e.gif (500x442, 128K)

QUICK POST NINTENDO GAMES THAT ARENT MARIO THAT COULD BE IN MARIO MAKER AS AN "EXTRA GAME MODE" LIKE 3D WORLD

Is NSMBU Deluxe worth it? $50 seems pretty steep for a platformer no one seems to give a shit about.

Donkey Kong Country would be neat or maybe Wario Land

I've gained so much weight that even my fingers are getting fat.

Yeah this. I'm choosing between MM and breath of the wild which is still 60$ FFS

i hate the cat suit.
it's a top tier 2d mario, but you should get it on sale since it's still a 7 year old game.

It's pretty good

Okay so despite someone tanking the winrate (an honourable act), it doesn't look like anyone's actually died and experienced the real level yet.
Which is sad because that's where 90% of the effort making it went.
Unless my trick with the checkpoint doesn't work in real runs, and only in upload mode.

>doesn't complete your level
>leaves a Like anyways
>posts a funny picture as a comment
the real mario makers
mario making my fuckin day

Attached: 1559678330820.png (345x337, 128K)

makerscore goes down if someone plays, doesn't boo, but also doesn't finish

Has anyone remade any SMBX levels yet?
i was thinking on doing that

Seeing how Yea Forums unironically defends Tropical Freeze being resold at a higher price than the original's full price, it's hard to even fucking say when it comes to Switch platformers.

MFK-228-DGG
The slow thowmp is your friend

M7J-M6D-SFG
not too challenging, please enjoy

Attached: 1548428849129.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

building something artsy is hard, i'm about to straight rip off what i'm trying to do

Whats your levels

>FBF-0D6-J7G
Airship level based on jumping on bullets and skewers

>5LT-57T-PFG
Ant trooper based level

Feedback is appreciated

If you think my play of your level has any less value because I didn't doodle some dumb fucking picture (not everyone can draw well, shitstain) then how about I just don't play any of your God damn levels?

Attached: 1562008439723.jpg (342x338, 25K)

Booing your life rn

Attached: 1532767870731.jpg (539x296, 24K)

The same fags in multiplayer co-op who choose expert and super expert are the same ones who lag a fuckton

Fuck you, no I don't want to play a hard ass course in your shitty lag

>Golden Coin Dunes
1F9-6KT-05G

>Sound Cloud Meadows
PX6-CYG-TRG

>Messy Great Crate Manor
8B2-6JW-TFY

>Hop up the Forest Top
VPK-CP5-FSF

They're p comfy levels, hope you guys enjoy em'

Attached: 34907865-07843-06.jpg (540x371, 126K)

Jesus fuck, it works, you absolute madman. That was a cunt and a half. Some points:

I couldn't help but feel like I had to tank a hit with the first mushroom with all the bone spam.
I also died a few times to unexpected boo placement.
I don't think random players will get the point of the side-by-side doors.
I actually managed to activate some of the white skulls sometimes and send them flying off.
sometimes the dry bones to the right of the yellow platform with the boo ring will get lucky with a bone that's a pixel higher than normal, and you seemingly have no choice but to take the bone or jump through a boo.

Still, that was intense, and as someone who won't immediately boo a challenge it felt good to succeed.

Have you ever heard the saying "its the thought that counts"? Even if the drawing sucks, I would appreciate anyone putting effort into something like that for me. Besides, bad art can be kind of endearing.

Attached: 1547911103140.jpg (709x320, 33K)

>tfw drew a cute shine sprite for some user's SMSunshine lvl

People who put legit love and SOUL in their levels deserve it

Attached: 1492891278194.jpg (700x666, 55K)

>you should get it on sale
$50 is on sale for a nintendo game. Its digital version is higher than the box price. Even used cartridge only copies are going for $40.

Attached: 1546842811920.jpg (333x279, 16K)

Does Yoshi Island count kappa xd

Why do you guys always go rock hard for this guy?

I still maintain that Tropical Freeze is a shit game. More focus on le cinematic experience than actual good platforming. Boy was I disappointed playing that POS after how much it got shilled here as the best thing ever.

Attached: 1546965070134.jpg (648x762, 214K)

idk I just like his art a lot, makes me hormy

what the fuck does this mean

Attached: file.png (523x51, 8K)

Skipping these, too many plays on them, you may want to avoid posting these in the future unless you like collecting boos.

I like his art, but I'm not a fan of the meme pandering and trying to be funny. The discord era of internet humor is a plague.

not him but you're a faggot

>only put levels on master list that i consider nearing nintendo quality
>list is 90% full of people dumping their garbage wholesale

Attached: imustgo.gif (500x362, 662K)

I am him and you're a faggot

I don't upload my shitty levels

Based, I've only put one of my levels out of three

PLAY MY LEVELS

how do I set up a wall like 5ish blocks high to ride a vertical rail?

How you guys playing as Toadette and stuff?

I don't think it's right for him to come in a thread meant for posting your levels and getting them discovered when you have so many plays already (and probably people that follow you), what's the point?

press start

WYK 720 YWG
Falling into the Abyss

level loosely based off made in abyss

Pro-Tip: All your levels are shit.

Attached: haruhi.png (375x419, 319K)

My first level, Donkey Kong Jr.
>G1B-CRD-6TF

Attached: dkjr.jpg (1705x1509, 833K)

Because it's made for people to post their levels? I want to play good levels, undiscovered or extremely popular
Neither of the other dudes and you're a faggot

Forgot anchor

I just figured we post our levels here because we hope other Yea Forumsirgins will like them. Not primarily to be discovered. If a level has plays then I'll still play. Though I do admit that I like people who say it's an uncleared one because no one can take my first clears away.

It's called being considerate. If your levels are getting tons of plays, you should instead play other user's levels and leave feedback. We're here to help each other.

How do you know he isn't playing any levels? It's not rude to post good levels, no matter how many plays they have
How many levels HAVE you played?

Hey guys. This is a level of mine that I'd like you to give a shot. I'd really appreciate feedback and will play you guys' levels too.

Level name: Tactical Cannonball Action
Central idea: using flying cannonballs to traverse the stage. It's not too tough.
Course ID: FJG-YH8-YWG
Thanks.

Attached: kisspng-super-mario-3d-world-super-mario-maker-super-mario-cannon-5ac36e62a9cc74.8720645515227572186 (900x840, 96K)

Who the fuck makes all the garbage "troll" levels that are just full of hidden blocks, softlocks, dev doors, and pick a path? Like seriously, its not original, its not fun, and no one likes them. They dont even get to see peoples reactions to the the level so its not like they can get any sort of sadistic pleasure from watching people get "tricked". What kind of moron do you have to be to make a level like that and think, "ya, this is worth showing to the world"

Slowly cranking through these, lots of neat ideas from what I've played, galoomba infestation is a fun little destroy them all type but it doesnt feel massive which is a good thing. In a hurry stressed me out lol those damn wind tunnels and the springs. Is there a trick to that or is it luck of the draw?

Playing the haunted armada now, you werent kidding about the red coins. I've found them all but actually collecting them is proving to be the tricky bit. I'll get em though, even if i have to come back to it. If ya want give mine a go I'll try it after a few more of this guys

If you bring up the pause menu, go to the wrench icon, you can pick who you wanna play as from there

Attached: In a Hurry.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

What exactly is kaizo? I think I'm making a kaizo level without realizing it and I want to be sure people will actually enjoy it before it just gets ignored.

Just to see posts like these.

Extremely precise, fast paced

thanks to the user who played it. Hopefully you can give some feedback

Bowser Chase

Bowser and his minions are out for blood this time. Escape from them and make it safely to the goal. This level is not for the faint of heart, it is very difficult.

M1H-JXB-Q6G

Attached: Untitled.png (419x413, 167K)

How many goombas will she stack?

Oh okay. Well this level I'm making isn't really fast paced but a few of my other levels are. Explains why they aren't getting much attention I guess.

Yes, im sure that fuckwad from germany whose trash i played earlier is enjoying my post on this shithole of website.

still need world maps so that coins and 1ups can actually have a use

1-5 Summer nights
is ready, 5 coins to find in this one, atleast 1 of them is pretty difficult

MH8 98V V1H

inb4 some retard tells you endless mode

Really good. I enjoyed the challenge of the final room with the vines and liked the DK at the end. A nice touch. If this is your first level then damn, you have potential.

>game doesn't send you a notification if your course somehow makes it to Hot or Popular
I just want to try to figure out where all these plays came from all of a sudden

Attached: 111111.jpg (500x498, 75K)

I'm shamelessly asking for help. I'm trying to make a very simple rocket ship on rails you can ride inside.
Rails are so awkward does someone have advice or a template or something?

>7 likes over 2 courses

Attached: 1541350750942.jpg (867x685, 96K)

Is there a way to set it so the pipe shoots the mushroom to the left as opposed to the right?

Attached: confu.jpg (907x778, 72K)

Thanks for playing it through!

Most of those points are fair. The level was like three times easier before I added the boos in, which might surprise you as much as it did me. But I was extremely lazy with boo placement (because I didn't think boo placement would matter with their unlimited movement range), so that was a fair point. Probably should have thought about them more.
The door was an unsatisfying workaround thanks to how objects load in (yellow platforms before boo rings before stone blocks, so nothing worked).
And I did get through the first dry bones section without taking damage, once, but you're right in that I damageboosted most of the time. But the powerups before and after meant I didn't worry too much. I never needed to damageboost before I placed the boos, though, which is interesting.

But thanks for the reply, and for the comments. I hope you enjoyed your revenge on the goomba at the end.

heres my level ID: PXB-34Q-8NF
warning its hard

Attached: 1543067236767.png (2600x3000, 505K)

>Slowly cranking through these, lots of neat ideas from what I've played
Thanks!
>Is there a trick to that or is it luck of the draw?
It seems to fluctuate based on how soon you get there after hitting the P switch, but that could just be coincidence.
>I've found them all but actually collecting them is proving to be the tricky bit. I'll get em though, even if i have to come back to it.
Good luck, man! I hope you do.
>If ya want give mine a go
Sure thing.

make a pipe that faces left?
Or if you mean make it so the mushroom moves left out of a downward facing pipe, use one-ways

why is there such a high density of ball bustingly hard levels here? can't you guys come up with original ideas instead?

Attached: ufouria.gif (256x224, 19K)

Leap of Gold
PX0-BB6-JYG

Simple little level. Trying to make slightly easier levels so they actually have a chance.

>original ideas instead
are you implying that hard levels and original ideas are mutually exclusive?
get fucking good you dumb shitter.

>downward facing pipe, use one-ways
It's upward facing, what's a one way exactly?

Man, I never learn not to underestimate boos. They always find a way to fuck your shit up but they're just too neat not to use sometimes. Yes, though, it felt fantastic to earn that star and mow him down rather than just take the easy stroll.

The one-way walls that let something in through one direction but won't let you back through it. So if you make a one way wall that faces to the left and put it on the right side of the pipe, the mushroom would bump it and start going the other direction instead.

I'd call it more awkward than hard

I've only made 2 levels and they're both fairly simple and not that great but man the course making is just so fun to do in this game. I keep having these situations where I try and make something convoluted that just won't work, then I remember some simple gizmo like a one way wall can solve all my problems. I think the main thing I have to get past is remembering all the new things the maker kit has and how they can solve certain issues im having a lot easier than some of the more retarded workarounds ive made. Keep making great courses guys, I love these threads.

Ohh yeah, thanks.

Much of the difficulty comes from wonky designing. There are way too many leaps of faith and so it's trial and error more than anything else.

I like the idea and want to see it expanded on in a longer, tougher course. Was a little nail-biting making those jumps. Well designed little level, good stuff.

someone finished it, was it one of you, guys?

Reposting my first level, looking for comments or tips, I just can't figure how to start new levels
Snowy Hills
9V6-GWB-35G
>Standard Mario like level, secret pipe leads to red coins to open the bonus room
Thanks to anyone that plays it

>upside down level
>bouncers
>cheep cheeps
Fuck you

honestly not sure what you want us to do in the second half. It seems like you want the player to run, and then randomly you just have them fall through. It really breaks the pace. First half is fine, second needs work.

>hard levels and original ideas are mutually exclusive
they are, you need 'get fucking good' and get better at integrating you half-baked 'idea' into a functional level

>they are
Stop stating your retarded opinions as fact just because you're mad you're not good at Mario.
You had 34 years to get good at Mario, but you didn't. That's on you.

>bullys on one tile blocks

Attached: 1548729374023.jpg (252x161, 5K)

Thank you user. I'm wanting feedback before I implement it in future levels, maybe as smaller parts for a big level.

nice one. how many levels are you making for world 1?

Not my level but here's something to prove you wrong
Toxic Amigo: NLC-NT5-RFF
Very difficult level based on an interesting idea
Screencap yourself beating it or you're a dumb bitch

Toad's Discount Ski Resort
9R2-K95-1CG

Skeeball!
L9Y-C78-51G

Super Skull Highway
SNT-907-CSG

I'm losing maker points from all these fucking kids playing my levels and skipping in Endless. Why does Nintendo hate us for making even mildly difficult levels?

I finished it. So, I do think it's hard, but some of it is a little too trial and errorish. Overall not bad. Personally I think the first second is where the level really shines, and kind of liked the concept.

I'm this guy and I'm falling asleep on the couch so I'm done. I still don't mind replies with codes if you give my levels a try though. I'll add them to my to play list.

how do your stages appear for other users when they search? does it get prioritized to appear the more playthroughs and likes a stage has or do maker points also help?

It's okay, a bit too much repetition of hazards in my opinion. When I make a level I usually just start off with either a theme concept or a certain powerup/hazard I want to focus on.

Thanks, for world 1 I am planning 9 levels, there's a ghost house being worked on right now, then a normal daytime level and then the airship before moving on to Desert land.

Pretty fucking dank for a first level, your attention to detail is quite good. Represented the source material basically 1:1 and it felt balanced to me in terms of challenge. Would like to see what you make next

I'll try it dood

Attached: Donkey Kong Jr.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Reposting an earlier level. Please take a look, reply with yours and I'll give feedback.

Level name: Tactical Cannonball Action
Central idea: using flying cannonballs to traverse the stage. It's not too tough.
Course ID: FJG-YH8-YWG
Thanks.

Christ sake nigger is this a kaizo level?

previously posted this on /vg/

HTJ-4M5-H0G

Attached: super_mario_xp.png (320x240, 12K)

Tried to make a somewhat difficult course without too much bullshit. It's a long-ish one though. No plays yet.

>4YJ-TQS-VXF
Castle Wall

(you) me your unplayed levels

Trying yours, please try my latest one:
MH8-98V-V1H

Just a traditional easy level

Course not found.

Couldn't find it, I think you typed the code wrong

Why are slopes such a fucking pain to place?

so its not just me

>want to place downward sloping right slope
>always faces left first

Yup, fucked it.

Y4J TQS VXF

WYK-720-YWG
Falling into the Abyss
Vertical Autoscroll
it's based on made in abyss, some winks to the characters here and there

why the fuck do they have it face left by default
they know mario moves right, right?

Blocksmash Boulevard: 9LB-84T-90H

You can practice using the super hammer in this level. Note, you don't need to kill the piranha plants in order to pass, just bonk them at least so they move.

is it just me or does notifications not update unless you restart the game?

Nice chill level, good for messing around with the Hammer.

Good, some of those jumps in the sub zone was a pain though. But I got it done

I had fun on this one, cannon jump courses scratch a certain itch of mine. This ones solid, the only part I had difficulty with was the 5 ball stretch you have drop onto after the icicles, timings gotta be right on for that. But yeah, pretty sweet man, I'mm scope out some of stuff on your profile real quick.

Attached: Tactical Cannonball Action.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Anyone here enjoying the shit-tier VS. mode? Did it for the clothes but now I'm hooked despite it being horrible
>Toadette ruins everyone's time on an on-off switch level
Got back at her by killing her at the last second though

Attached: 0A23D312-F184-4419-9B8A-CB4E01528918.jpg (477x513, 52K)

Thanks a lot! The rest of the stuff on my profile kind of sucks, this was the first real effort level I made. Nice webm, the feedback is much appreciated.

>Mondo leaves a rude comment on your course.
>Nintendo won't moderate it.
The fuck? They're usually so trigger happy.

was it the jump to the invisible blocks with the balance board? The jump is kinda brutal but I wanted the platform to not be easily visible

Rude comment?

is there a way to place 1 door in the main stage and the other door of the same pair in the sub area? I wanna make the entrance to a ghost house but not have it be a fucking pipe

>Mondo
>Webm user leaves a rude comment
>Doesn't get moderated
Fucking based.

Unfortunately there is no way to do that. Sub areas can only be entered through pipes, no exceptions.

Good apart from the boss, lakitu adds a level of randomness I hate

I liked this, your checkpoint placement seemed weird, there was barely any level left after it.

proof
mondo is nice

Attached: 4b2.jpg (319x310, 43K)

All they had to do was rather than have it 'place', you just press and drag the start/finish of the slope, instead of placing the slope, having it fuck any nearby blocks, flipping it, and then stretching it to the length/angle you want.

>pic
I don't get it

Thanks! Yeah, the checkpoint was unnecessary. I wanna make a part 2 to this level that's got more varied obstacles while you bounce on the cannonballs. I think there aren't enough of these types of levels. They're fun.

Random coop is actually pretty fun when you and in some stupid difficult stage

Just cranked out a new level. More tricky platforming. Heavily thematic.
>The Sunken Submarine
>1SR-L7T-V9G

Of my super meat boy series I'd consider my latest my magnum opus. Really proud of the recreation, here's the code and layout--one of you better get the first clear! Some of you did on my harder levels.
5SB-XH5-88G
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD-5jX7r3M

>An amazon press in an amazon press!!

Only play pic related if you've beaten the other one first. Neither have a first clear yet.

Attached: Shilling-2484x1868.jpg (2484x1868, 831K)

Cool fucking level, man. The Monty moles with the cannons are a little finicky, but that's about the only criticism I have. I love levels based on one idea that you just keep using in different ways

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

give me your easy (non kaizo) level and I will play it

if its remotely precision based I will boo it

I don't think the creator of this level would appreciate you making him look like a dick-waving faggot... But that's what these threads are about for people like you, huh? Some edgy teenager going "B-bet you can't beat this one! L-look how great I am!"

First clear! I really like this one. The Banzai Bills were hard to deal with at first but the key is timing.

dropped on the board few hours ago, but i guess it was a bad timing. still 0 clear

Attached: the upsidedown.jpg (3264x2448, 3.37M)

Okay, how do you deal with that last jump at the top? Where you have to walljump off a one-way looking straight at a sawblade.
I can get there semi-consistently now, but just have no idea what I need to do to get the jump. I just walljump off the one-way into the saw, every time.

You know
Super Mario Bros. 2 is technically the second game in the Super Mario Bros. 2 series

It's the tightest jump for sure, you need to make sure your wall jump is the right height to land momentarily on the 1 block preceeding the saw then jump immediately as you land to get over the blade. When in the air you can steer yourself back onto the one block or over it. You have to jump immediately as you land, or wall jump off the next floor to get up into the corner, walljump again and bonk to get onto the one block before the saw.

I appreciate it! Was hesitant to use the banzais but I fine tuned them all to have several ways to dodge them (except the two you have to stand in the middle of)

Potential regular game styles:
>SMB1/LL All-Stars version
>SMB2J FDS version

Potential extra game styles:
>SMB2 USA
>SM64
>SMO
>Yoshi's Island
>Wario Land 1

Which do you want?

Short speedrun i made:
4V9-RYW-4PG

Did you know; The game we know as Super Mario Bros.2 is called Doki Doki Literature club in Japan and won't be made into a SMM2 style because it's not a Mario game.

Looking for local multiplayer levels

Sunshine, because having FLUDD would actually add something to the game.

I want All-Stars version period, not just SMB1 and Lost Levels. Goddamn do you know how happy I would be if they added that?

>Doki Doki Literature Club
Dudewut

MARIO BROS 2 usa is the best NES mario

deb8 me

Easy, Mario 3. That is my answer. Pure NES platforming kino.

ID : RYL-MNB-TTF

Will be playing some of your courses in a few mins, feel free to try mine and give me criticism.
Ive been trying to improve a lot

Attached: 1561496503747.png (812x499, 113K)

cant throw enemies into other enemies

checkmate, atheists

>Johnny gets another WR for one of my courses
Will his wrath never end? Who can stop him?

World has the deepest mechanics.

NES, you buffoon

Doki Doki Panic was developed from a prototype Mario sequel. Miyamoto said that the first ideas they had for a Mario sequel involved more vertical platforming and co-op gameplay. When they were contracted to licensed game for the Yume Kojo expo, they used the prototype design they had for a SMB sequel.

So, Doki Doki Panic was originally a prototype sequel to Super Mario Bros that was reskinned, then reskinned back into the sequel it was originally intended to be.

nigger

Attached: 1553933058148.jpg (592x448, 45K)

Mario's a nigger
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Lost Levels

Attached: Trying to solve the captcha.gif (370x322, 887K)

Finally. That was like an actual hour of work. I regret accidentally resetting twice, so it looks like a quarter that.
But I'm glad nobody sniped that First Clear from me.

Really fun level! I started skipping the first jump by walljumping off the ceiling you start under, which felt more consistent and sped up my attempts. I also used twirls a lot, which I'm not 100% sure the level was designed around. But I really don't care. Thanks for making it!

Fuck you, I deserved the first clear. Fucking die nigger.

I want Donkey Kong '94.

how do i remove my outdated courses from this list...

>I also used twirls a lot, which I'm not 100% sure the level was designed around.
u wot? I don't see how this level would even be possible without twirls.

YBR C28 2FG
Just finished my newest level. I made another level based on a Banjo kazzoie world, this time it is Mad Monster Mansion. You have to collect the ten jiggies while revisiting various places like the organ in the church, the Mansion, the ouija board or the maze in the garden.

TH4 VC9 3JF
My last Banjo level based on Freezeezy Peak.

Attached: B9D94D0D-F266-449B-BB8A-617BCEED852D.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

>I don't see how this level would even be possible without twirls.
It's not like I tried playing without twirls to test, but most everywhere I twirled, I noticed a handy wall nearby that I could have walljumped off instead, though it would have made things harder. That's why I was a little suspicious, is all.
Unless you're the level creator in which case haha whoops.

the maintainer does it i think. my old courses got removed after i added the new versions

>the number of plays on my course decreased by 2
Ban wave?

Attached: NadUauU.gif (170x247, 1017K)

Any of you dudes download levels? Or do you just like and play them?

latter

STOP MAKING LEVELS WITH A SHIT TON OF ENEMIES. ITS NOT GOOD LEVEL DESIGN.

>one of my levels blew up a fuckton
>now feel like every other level I make is disappointing
>the level that blew up isn’t even that great

Attached: 24256E53-41EA-43A3-A995-4EA2BAA0A50E.jpg (836x543, 134K)

Attached: No.png (383x203, 139K)

Same. But my guess is that it's liked the most because it's quite literally the easiest course I made.

HillToppy
>NJV 0K8 6YF
I made this level trying to take the earlier levels in Mario games into account for beginners to the series. I feel like it's one of the prettier levels I've done.

Super smash brothers
>X6K F00 5CG
A gauntlet of enemies to defeat on Smash Bros inspired stages. Plays well in 4p

Hill top zone act 1
>SDM L7S 7YG
Stage designed with the level from sonic 2 in mind. Shame there's no lava tiles. Had to use thwomps to generate the same feeling of lava chasing you.

The great Gianna sisters
>2T1 WWW JDF
World 1 from the titular game from the commodore 64. The title screen is under world 1-2 and a couple of hidden free lives

_____ blocks your path!
>N48 B9Q 9GF
I'm proud of this one. It's easy for pros but still plays well and hard for beginners and uses a couple of things that makes it harder to break a world record speedrun

Kittens adventure world 1
>L59 XQ1 9RG
Very standard level that plays smoothly. Try to skip the snakeblock part to get a good time

Walk in the park [VS]
>4J2 0VR 3QG
Multi level very easy level that cuts people off and pushes people around. Fun in 4p

Mt. Luhar
>XJ4 B7V SYG
It's a stage I made in collaboration with my girlfriend's brother. He's proud of it. It needs more love.

there's a new airship 3d world one I posted but haven't got the code on me because my house burnt down with my switch in it and the ones I have here I saved in a notepad in my phone. Can user post the code for me?

Attached: s2-htz-act1map.png (5281x1024, 2.37M)

What controller is considered the best. I have a friend who has the pokken controller and it feels really really good. Shape is a bit weird, but its probably the best controller for the game. I want to use the snes controller but I heard the 8bitdo controller suck and I cant find the snes mini controllers for cheap.

The very first level I’ve ever made for this game. Took me fucking weeks to make, I think I was a bit overambitious with it but whatever. It’s a lengthy one too.

Attached: 7E171830-8D99-43F9-A1A2-B596A2A1BA73.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Same. I have a completely average platforming level that has been getting loads of plays recently, even outperforming the levels I spent days and days perfecting and playtesting.
It was one of these two, I can't remember which code is which (phoneposting):
S57-DGW-LFF
HS1-95X-G9G

Newest
>Spiny Sands
4QP-GY9-5CG

Best
>Floaty Fortress
RVN-YBQ-2QG

Holy shit, 123 likes. I don't even have a fraction of that on any of my stages. You lucky dog

>Like ratio on one of my stages has consistently remained at 33%
>had exactly 150 plays and 50 likes at one point
>this morning I get a notifications saying I got 21 plays and 7 likes

I'm not even saying that's high or low, I just think it's so bizarre how consistent its remained. Not even a dry spell or a sudden flood of likes. Each batch of 3 players has exactly 1 player who leaves a like. No more, no less.

Attached: 1434605029015.jpg (287x480, 20K)

>practices drawing for a literal decade
>can't draw non-static faces

Attached: dogola.png (600x429, 189K)

5G3-1X6-MQF
Desert SMB1, where you traverse an excavated ruin. Pretty easy level, but there are about six 1-ups hidden throughout it in varying levels of sneakiness.

The level does make me mad about whatever system Nintendo uses to judge levels. I uploaded it ten hours ago, after working on it for about a day, and it's got 13 plays since then. Then I uploaded a joke level four hours later which has since gotten three times as many plays. The difficulty isn't even really that different. I don't understand, Nintendo.

I remember you. Honestly don't know how to explain it. It could very well just be a strange coincidence. Stranger things have happened.

I want to say that sometimes I'm not paying attention and in menu hell.
Just zoned out doing stuff on the pc and clicking levels. And a lot of the time I'm stealing wr's from people instead of playing their courses.

what is non static faces

You monster, someone needs to castrate you.

I just did it to someone I actually like so I felt bad.

>completes your level
>doesn't like it
>check their likes
>see this

Attached: switchxswitch.png (1900x900, 658K)

Faces that you don't draw from muscle memory and repetition like a fucking highschool student that didn't spent 10 years earning a living drawing.

Well, you could always just go back and play/like their courses. I seriously doubt they'll take it personally. I don't. I mean, it sort of sucks when my WR gets beaten, but that just means I gotta go back and get a better time (if I can).

Are you Johnny by chance?

which one is better to create Mario games?

Attached: super-mario-bros-x-15999-1.jpg (1600x598, 353K)

I am not.
And I did, which is lucky for them since I don't always hand out likes. I forget to a lot. I play distracted.

That course is completely braindead.

post yours

Made some new levels. Hope you folks will give it a try! A little nervous about this latest one:

Walk the Plank: 9XM-LVG-GRF
Level built around seesaw mechanics and wall jumping. Platform your way around puzzles and seesaw-jump your way to higher places! Optional routes available. Medium difficulty.

The Shellenger: B57-LJX-CKG
Level built around the Dry Bones Shell mechanic. Suit up until you're a tank and climb your way back to the top! Medium difficulty.

Under the Bridge: 8J5-47C-NSG
Level themed around exploration. Fun things live above and below the bridge! Easy-medium difficulty.

If you wanna give a level a go, I'd suggest Walk the Plank, followed by The Shellenger, I need feedback on those two levels.

Attached: FB_IMG_1563096951546.jpg (1137x640, 57K)

Well then they should be happy. I'll admit, sometimes I forget to like some courses. It happens.

friendly reminder to hit that like button if you enjoyed a level!

I will. Though, if someone is a dick and boos my levels, that may change. Strangely enough that same person came back and praised one of my stages to hell and back.

how do you know if someone boo's your level?
I typically do neither

I will do that, but I only enjoy about 5% of all the levels I pay.

He told me, and shit on my stage.

Attached: 1545034722843.jpg (543x459, 23K)

S03 - T3F - SFG
Have fun.

there is nothing more frustrating than having loads of people playing your levels suddenly, but none of them liking it so your maker score still goes down slightly anyway. Worst is when some of them leave a comment about it being a fun level but they still didn't leave a like

Maybe they were being sarcastic.

doubt it, my levels are well liked and very well received so they were probably sincere

What are you complaining about then? Fucking hell, some of you guys...

he's complaining about some people enjoying his levels, but not leaving likes bruh.

because I love maker points when people do that, why nintendo?

Newest SMB3 level with hidden coins. Very traditional, something that might have fit in the original game. Give it a try and link your stages for me to play and like.

1-5 Summer nights
MH8 98V V1H

*lose

Okay the picture is gonna make me go off on a tangent. An A press is comprised of two actions: pushing the A button in, and then releasing the A button. Therefore, you absolutely can have a half A press where you complete half of the action required to do a full A press.

a press is pushing the button in. the release is irrelevant.

t. """Henry"""

The release is absolutely relevant; you can't begin another A press until you release the button. Releasing the button is a necessary part of doing an A press. Finishing a level without releasing the buton counts as a half A press.

P Switch Practice Run - MTT-MXM-YJG
I made this last night, has one tough part but it's pretty beatable, not too hard. I'd appreciate any feedback.

to press mean to apply pressure. releasing the pressure is not pressing or part of a press. whether you can press again is also irrelevant.

If you tell me what your levels are I'll play them later my dude. I hand out likes like my ex hands out hand jobs at the club

Please check out this level making use of vines on tracks.

Attached: D_OM9yzVAAA-KU2.jpg (680x383, 83K)

Surprise surprise, a word can have multiple meanings. Stop ignoring pragmatics so you can pretend to sound smart. The fact that certain techniques require a held A button distinguishes a half-completed A press from a fully completed A press. Therefore, it is a notable achievement to complete the level with the A button still pressed in versus pressing and releasing the button. The two states need to be distinguished, and the best way to do so is to refer to an A press that you haven't released yet as a half A press.

Regardless of whether you agree with the specifics of calling it a half A press, you can't deny that it is necessary to distinguish whether a player can complete a level without releasing the A button at the end. Not without sounding stupid or petty, that is.

you can distinguish it without making up terms though. "0 A releases"

If anyone has any interest I usually play user levels every day follow me

isprize.live

If it makes you happy, sure.
If it annoys me then I'm just going to boo it.

What the hell is that url?

can you make doors invisible? the paired ones, like it requires a P switch to make it visible etc

yes

Walk the plank was pretty good. The game mechanics were well integrated.

how?

"0 A releases" IS a term. Of course you have to make up terms; that's how we explain new things. Besides, your substitute term doesn't work as well as "half A press" does. When you describe a run of more than one stage, for example, it's more clunky to describe it as "5 stages, 15 A presses, 5 A releases" then just "5 stages, 12.5 A presses".

However, that is just arguing personal preference. What IS concrete is you have admitted that the difference needs to be distinguished. SO, AN A PRESS DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN PUSHING THE BUTTON IN. The release IS relevant, because you can use the modified state of holding the a button in to complete the stage without releasing it.

That's a neat level. Feels good to run through if you're hasty, but also feels nice to take your time with and explore.

But 2 "half" A presses don't make a whole A press as each "half" is different so they wouldn't add up like that thus any advantage the term has is forfeit. It may be more clunky to say 15 presses 5 releases but it conveys more information. 12.5 could mean a huge number of different combinations of presses/releases.

Maybe that level is just better than whatever you created.

place down a door and press on it to open the popup menu and change into into a p-door

Happy you liked it! Want me to try some of yours?

cheers

Try one of my levels and I'll play yours, reply with your code :
749 7JL KVF
P8D 9GK W9G

Huge thank you to everyone who played my levels yesterday, thank your for the kind words and the critiques. I'm going to start playing levels from the anchor post and leave one myself.

KQQ-DRW-CJF- Elephantiasis
There's a mystery happening on Goombrat mountain. What's making them grow? Make your way up the icy cliffs and find the origin of the disease. If you're feeling up to the challenge, continue higher and help cure this pesky problem.

True, that point was poorly worded. Let me rephrase it another way:

"A releases" as a term doesn't work as well as "half A presses" because the term is superfluous without adding anything other than technical correction. If a stage requires 4 A presses that were released and one A press that is still held in, you would either refer to it as:

5 A presses, 4 releases
or
4.5 A presses

Once you understand that pressing and releasing the button is different to just holding the button, it's easy to infer from the phrase "4.5 A presses" that the button was pressed completely 4 times, and held on the fifth press. There will only ever be one potential additional press without release per stage, so making the term superfluously longer isn't needed for people that understand that holding the A button without releasing it is different to pressing and releasing it.

Regrabs barely do shit in mario maker tho

Very good level design sir

Are they actually in and just nerfed to hell, or completely absent. I'm too stupid to tell.

In low gravity night time you can notice it the most. It's definitely there, it's just minimal.

What can Nintendo do to make all of the styles besides SMW more appealing to build in? Sick of all the SMW shit right now

SMB has some of the best aesthetics now

take out upwards item throwing in SMW and watch all the levels made for it plummet

SMB is fine as the basic mode
SMB3 needs powerups like frog / hammer suit because its just discount SMW
SMW is fine
NSMBU is fine but ugly
3DW needs shitloads of features added

This is mine. Feel free to check it out.

>put shroom in a little pit
>jump down to get it
>laughing sound effect plays
>invisible blocks at the top
>cannot jump out of pit
>cannot kill myself
Thats a boo from me

>softlocks get a boo
wow you so crazy user

Woah come on take it easy

Super Mario World is the best style and best Mario game. The only reason why anyone should use the modern styles is for walljumping. That said, Super Mario World is missing like 20 enemies and other features, so its far from perfect

Maybe super expert isn't for you

5VY MJ4 LYG
Freshly created and unplayed so far.
It's a classical level in an old temple. I tried to give it an Indiana Jones flair in some places, not sure if I succeeded though.

Attached: IMG_20190714_135113_127.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Heres a few levels I made.
Nothing special, but do give them a shot. Comments are very appreciated.

>Well, Oil Be!
VR6-TH3-1SG

>Rancid Riches
WT3-3PM-VDG

>Snaptrap Beltline
RFX-L1W-35G

First time posting on the Yea Forums MM general.
Here's some of my level. I usually like to make standardish mario maps, so you know what you're getting into

Newest
>Flamin' Hot Chee-Toads
PDQ-PS6-BMG

Favorite Personally Made
>Flooded
085-TPP-43G

Extra, fun challenge
>Killer Blocks
VCG-41P-JRF

Attached: 1559592793049.png (404x758, 585K)

Does anybody know how I can make bowser fall on top of mario at the end of a level in mario 3? I need it for a level

Attached: 1525716208884s.jpg (125x103, 2K)

I enjoyed the first and last one, Rancid Riches' noteblock section is a bit unfun imo.
Gave you three likes anyhow, good job!

The claw?

I feel like an idiot spending over 2 mins in the first area until I realized how to use the spiky hat lol

I feel like an idiot again for not realizing the background bushes line up with where the vines should go.

Very well made and creative level.

Oil and Snap were short and sweet, I think im too shit to do the music note part of Riches however.

Dropping my levels again. Nothing new for those who played them already

>Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
>Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G
>Trees and Hop-chops: NN4-BLK-7WF

Making a stage always takes forever for me because i get stuck on small things trying to keep the jank down and making everything look kinda decent.
i am surprised at how fast some of you can output decent levels

Attached: Desert Quest.jpg (1200x675, 125K)

Off screen Thwomp and P-Switches.

Attached: bowser.webm (720x404, 1.74M)

>Rancid Riches
>have to wait like 15 seconds for the platform every time to try the note block section again
did you playtest this at all?

Y04-SN8-7JG
The Eternal Moat: Take a stroll on a bridge that's a lot longer than usual.
I tried my hand at a more traditional and easier level again.

but why would you want this?
are you making some bullshit troll level?

bretty gud user

Name: Koopa City
ID: PJ6-SV6-7WG
I noticed that all levels I made seems to be pretty hard, so I tried to make an easy level.

Attached: The_Neo_Bowser_City.jpg (800x480, 237K)

ok Yea Forums convince me to buy super mario maker.

Buy it.

I have 180 hours on it already

Don't, just use Super Mario Bros X, it lets you make full games, have enemies from super Metroid, you can play as link, and you can even add custom sprites and music.

>and then noone plays your level/game.

And best of all, no one will ever play your creation when you do that

>UI sucks
>nobody plays what you make
>barely any community at all
sounds really autistic tbqh

no one ITT is autistic enough to make rom hacks in lunar magic or SMBX, and if you did it would never get played anyway, rom hack autists only play kaizo shit

Fuck off nigger

>play some random shitty jap kids level, get WR
>some other dude gets WR that's just a bit better
>beat it
>dude beats mine again
>beat his again

>get into some stupid WR war over a dumb shitty stage that isn't even good

steal his WR from better stages

I'd suggest buying Mario Maker 2 instead, the first one doesn't have as big of a community any more.
:^)

>level starts with a minute long ultra slow snake block section before you get to the challenging part you want to actually practice
>no checkpoint after snake block
fantastic design lad

Played all of your stages. They are pretty decent traditional stages.
That 3D World bouncing stage is a bit annoying, though. Since you're bound to jump into bullet bills sometimes.

Didn't TJ """""Henry""""" Yoshi get upset at this pic when it came out?

I want to get off Mr. Bones Wild Ride

714-7M0-YKF

yoshifags are all weird diaper vore fetishists so his 'OC' character being transformed into a normal woman probably put TJ in a rage

When's the first update coming out bros?

Probably. He's a huge bitch from what I've heard.

mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Maker#Updates
if this is anything to go by we should get bug fixing updates sometime soon and a major update like multiplayer friend lobbies 2 months from now

>realize that I can stage a spot in an area no one can get to so I can make a nice stage screen shot
God I feel so fucking slow for this only just to occur to me.

Good stuff user, enjoyed it. Interesting Mii too.

If it takes you more than 10 minutes to upload your level kill yourself

>liking baby levels
casuals like you belong on the cross

One of my levels took me an hour and a half to upload

Attached: elratto.png (665x800, 180K)

wheyy

About half-way through the anchor post. I'd say there's only one or two levels I've not had a taste for. This thread puts out a lot of decent, good, and even great levels. Keep it up guys!

Thanks!

I have another more difficult one:

>Dizzy Danger:
LYM-MG3-HLG

Generals belong on sage

Announcing sage is against the rules my dear user

sage isn't a downvote. also rule 7

Okay i just got the game, but i want the first stages i play to be from anons.
Send me your stages! Do take into account i haven't played any 2d mario games in near a decade.

Attached: 1487729932045.jpg (800x600, 208K)

play the story until you get bored first then just play through the threads

Spin to Win
7FJ-LYF-BMG
Just some short spin jumping shit, designed to be kinda hard

That sounds like a boring thing to do though, when i got this game for the multiplayer

Just follow the anchor post replies.

Bell Tree Hills [World 1-1] - (Easy difficulty)
- Travel through Bell Tree Hills and see what Super Mario 3D world has to offer
- ID: 04H-FB0-GLG

Piranha Creeper Grove [Hard difficulty]
- Bounce on the piranha creeper’s heads and parkour your way to the goal.
- ID: 974-23K-NHG

Skipsqueak Switch Playground [Hard difficulty]
- Test your platforming skills and parkour your way through the spike blocks and switches.
- ID: 4XQ-F59-4FG

Thwomp Desert Dugout (Medium/Hard difficulty)
- Thwomp cave level, solve puzzles and overcome the thwomps in your way.
- ID: JBD-VKS-1KG

Goombrat Jungle Bungle (Easy difficulty)
- Inspired by the Donkey Kong Country series
- ID: SSC-7Y4-TSG

Ant Trooper Sugar Pyramids (Easy difficulty)
- Ant troopers, desert and sugar. What’s not to love. 3 secret big coins as well. Reminscent of classic Mario with a twist.
- ID: LP7-PYK-7XG

Attached: CD49A536-AB9A-4E84-850E-C2AADD0964E7.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

I’ve made a few courses, check them out if you want to:

Goomba-Koopa Extravaganzapalooza
- A stage where you can choose to take the path to fight the goombas or the koopas, kind of two stages in one!
6CP- F32 - YLF

Snake Block Koopa Stomp
- Ride the snake blocks and be vary of enemies to reach the goal
0L8-202-S1H

Skeleton War
- Good luck, you’ve been drafted into the Skeleton War.
820-5CF-HVG

Clear pipes & Coin Collecting
- Collect all the coins and swoosh through the clear pipes
HWW-F97-2SG

RRH-R6L-XXF
Nice relaxing SMW low-grav easy level

bump

(New) The Great Cave Offensive 2.0: 1S9-52H-LHF
Find your way out of a dangerous cave system whilst searching for treasure. Re-uploaded to use infinite checkpoints.
Aerial Assault: V72-5L0- 2CG
Bring down a Koopa Aerial Fortress from the inside.
Prison Break: 6K0-PTS-02H
Escape from prison after being ambushed!

Nice level, finding the hidden clown car let me skip most of it though.

this thread is gonna get pruned

why?

>K4R-W8R-3NG
Only 2 successful clears in the last 12 hours. It takes under a minute to beat and its not that hard. (I think)

Attached: Chitose_thinking.png (720x546, 358K)

>Skeleton War
did i just watch a bunch of turtles get holocausted

Into the last row, if anyone neglected to post in the anchor reply here, I'll play your level.

Nope. Tranny jannies deleted my post calling out their rule breaking, thread will stay up because this is nintendogaf

They deleted your post because you broke a rule retard. Stop trying to backseat moderate if you don't even know the rules.

Doing gods work son.
I would give you my codes, but you've already done more than enough for us all. You truly are a good guy.

This ongoing 24/7 repeated thread is breaking a rule by spamming Yea Forums instead of being on the containment board. Yet the jannies do nothing

wow easy mode fucking sucks
i'm never going to get the 100 clothes for it

I like the idea but it being underwater makes it so slow
It's SHIT!

it isn't spam and /vg/ isn't a containment board. take your meds.

these threads do not belong on /vg/, they only die there. Suggesting these belong on /vg/ is missing the point of vidya generals entirely, meanwhile in your own hypocrisy you broke a rule and are now crying about it.

>when someone posts "beat it!" stamp on your easiest level

Attached: 1498949169215.png (518x539, 310K)

It is spam though

You're saying generals don't belong on /vg/? Why was it made then?

The detail in this is amazing, I'm blown away. The only problem I'm gonna have is trying to figure it out.

Its normal scroll speed, which is faster than what most autoscroll courses do. Dunno what to tell you, brother..

Attached: 4966bf92372ed41117dc5c8a8a1536321497098851_full.png (640x360, 246K)

>he would like 2 more tranny rants on the board instead

I'm talking about the movement specifically, having to dodge this stuff when being so slow is not really pleasing

I don't think you understand what spam is.

this isn't a general, it's just people shilling their levels. Not much discussion or the usual stuff that warrants a general on /vg/
Also, there actually is already a /vg/ thread up but it's a desolate wasteland, a few threads there already died as nobody wants to shill their levels there where the traffic is absolutely miniscule compared to Yea Forums

Besides, this game is still new and is relevant to the board, there is nothing inherently wrong with people discussing and/or shilling their level creations here.

I just found out one of my levels exploded in plays, over 100+ plays in like a day

How do I find out what caused it to blow up? What tabs do I need to look at?

Probably just a happy kid.

>Made a level where you're supposed to kill cheep cheep with bob-ombs
>Tone it down, no surface jumping fish
>Only need to kill two of the six fishes to pass the level
>5.55% clear rate
HOW?? 6 people played it, and I have 2 clears out of 36 tries
How fucking hard can it be to throw bombs at the water until you kill two fish?

You can't find the cause. It was either the algorithm or a streamer played it.

>tedious ass super-ball level where you wait for 5 hours for you ball to bounce around and hit a pow
>200 likes
Why?

post code nigger

I always bring down levels to 1% complete rate because I try to speedrun them and retry 100 time

CPP-W1Y-2PF

>streamer played it.
what's the best way to find out if a streamer played it?

How do I even find such a person, there's so many people streaming the game

Afros are cool.

you can't

I really like playing the levels but I’m not creative enough to make my own. Would it be worth it to get this game?

Yes. A lot of people don't make levels.

>P-PLEASE STOP POSTING YOUR LEVELS CAUSE IM UNPOPULAR

Imagine having such low IQ that thinking there's a shortage of plays
I'll keep posting my levels just to piss you off from now

Attached: 0239740923.png (268x356, 76K)

Hmm, that was the point of the spring. Holding an item underwater lets you move fast as fuck. There really is no faster vertical movement other than using a vehicle (maybe?) and even then vehicles are pretty floaty, too floaty for precise movement I think. That is a fair complaint, though. I could have done an intro section if I wasn't being lazy and trying to churn out the idea as fast as possible.

>go to make lunch
>come back and my course has 150 more plays
I'm finally blessed by the algorithm

Attached: 1561574290105.gif (640x360, 569K)

>abuse bug to create a platform that mario can't stand on
>put invisible blocks under it
>Laughing sounds
who else //boo farming// here?

honestly I prefer using mario enemies as substitutes rather than the real things

it makes for far more creativity

Just made a new map
>3HB-Q19-CMG
Air Raid
Wanted to make a map like the old air ship boss levels, so here it is. Hope some of you guys enjoy it.

I was thinking maybe you could port the idea to a non-underwater level to make the movement feel better.
Like putting three skull platforms in a way that moving from one to the other doesn't feel hard or slow and making the objects less close together vertically to allow jumping in-between them, maybe you could have a fun level like that and it'd still be the idea to the core, just with different movement

>make easy level
>2% completion rate

>make post about """"easy"""" level
>doesn't post code
why does this happen 10 times a thread

>someone on Yea Forums plays my level
>he doesn't like my level
>go to one of his levels
>leave the switch idle as the initial goomba kills me over and over, forcing his level into super expert never ever played hell

eat this faggot

>playing Yea Forums level
>hate it
>leave a like because scared of autists

>taking maker points and making levels this seriously
wew laddie