Which one, Yea Forums?

Which one, Yea Forums?

Attached: Choose your controller, bro..png (218x332, 4K)

Bottom

Attached: ananans;ajdk;jsakjasllfakads;j.png (223x124, 2K)

Only kids use analog sticks, D-pad only please!

[This poster was given Reddit Gold]

Bottom, but with duke size controller

based wiiuposter

This. Feels more natural with balanced sticks.
Either or is fine though.

>There are people on this very board calling platformers "unplayable" without a proper D-pad

platformers, turn based, and fighting games, - bottom one
Everything else- top one

Attached: giphy.gif (1040x704, 76K)

Xbox controllers have always been top-tier so the top one

Attached: plebs.png (223x124, 2K)

Fuck this was meant to be for

I'll gladly use any of them as long as the sticks are reasonable and the dpad is precise

Attached: 1530811385840.jpg (249x249, 41K)

I honestly don't really care.
Both are equally fine to me.

Top. I can't play with a PS controller since I dislocated my thumb playing basketball. Doing the "crab" hurts so much.

>want to use your bow and shoot at the same time in Zelda
>you fucking can't without moving both hands

both are fine

symmetrical control sticks are good because for the VAST MAJORITY of 3d games, you are moving and looking around at the same time, which means a thumb on each stick.

the idea that you have one on analog and one on face buttons for the majority of the time is fucking ridiculous.

Attached: ggggggg.jpg (217x138, 7K)

Depends on which you need to use more. Whatever's getting the most use should be on the upper position for the best ergonomics.

I.e. if you're using the d-pad, bottom is better, but if you're using the analog stick more than the top is better.

This applies to the right hand as well, so if you're playing, say, a twin stick shooter, something like a wii u controller with both sticks on top would be ideal.

Just buy a dozen different controllers and use whatever best fits the game you wanna play.

>the idea that you have one on analog and one on face buttons for the majority of the time is fucking ridiculous.
In Dark Souls, people claw grip because they want to roll with a face button and move the camera at the same time. I often wonder if that's a fault of the developer or the controller

I used to be one of these retards.
Then I got good. The analog stick is such a superior input method, I haven't had to swap to dpad in ages now.

I grew up playing PS, but then switched to PC gaming with a 360 pad. Both settings are natural to me

For me, it's the Circle Pad Pro, the best input method.

Attached: 3ds-circle-pad.jpg (620x394, 29K)

You're bullshitting me. I got a 3DS and loathe that thing but then I don't really play precision platformers or shit like that on portable.

When I was a teen top bit now that i'm about to turn 30 bottom.

Attached: 1462416383139.jpg (451x452, 70K)

git guddi puddi

>Make analog stick caps wider
>Make face buttons pressure sensitive analog, like PS3
>Swap triggers for pressure sensitive Gamecube triggers

Wouldn't ever buy another controller again.

Attached: download.jpg (269x187, 6K)

I'm not bullshitting, but I'm using a nintendo refurbished new 3ds. I don't remember being impressed by the original model. I use it to practice 1cc for the arcade in my neighborhood so its precision does matter to me

Bottom for clawing

Attached: Grandpa.jpg (899x1019, 344K)

>>Make face buttons pressure sensitive analog, like PS3
holy shit as a nintendfag I never heard of this, that's nutso. Wish the switch had that

1 is for normal playing, this assymetrical stuff is extremely comfortable
2 is for tryharding with claw grip, since 1 is impossible for doing that properly, using index finger to control movement stick is horrible experience

Well shit, I've got a trip coming up and I'm bored of my switch. Might drag out the handheld and see what's new on 3DS.
Thanks user

They removed it for the PS4 controller, XBox controllers used to have it as well I believe. Many innovations for controllers are trashed with every generation.

Both are good but I prefer bottom.
Which is why I use a DualShock 3 or DualShock 4 even for PC gaming.
Motion control steering with GInput for the GTA Trilogy is kino.

It was only ever used for very few games, like the acceleration in the PS2 GTA games, and Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

This.

It's not for everyone but at least it's accurate.

Yes

It really does not fucking matter
Bottom is slightly better though, just for aesthetic purposes

>all the shitting about the dpad input detection

>no one warns me about it being stiff as fuck to use and causing more unintended inputs due to hitting the left stick because it’s too damned close

does this exist?

Attached: file.png (210x153, 2K)

I don't think so. Two thumbsticks in the middle is Playstation. Two thumbsticks on top is Wii U and sensible placement, assuming it lines up with your arms. Xbox has the thumbstick as the primary on the left with buttons as the primary on the right.

But I can't think of a game or a system which would want the directional pad as the primary on one side with the thumbstick as the primary on the other. The closest would be the N64, which had three ways to hold it (d-pad + thumb being one) and basically nobody used that configuration. Obviously, nobody is going to build a controller with that setup given how little use it sees anywhere. And the primary reason you'd want a thumbpad as the main secondary control scheme is in something with 3D movement or a FPS, which would want the other thumbpad as the main primary as well.

Steam controller arguably