Wild Wasteland Perk: Pleb filter or Redditor's Choice?

Discuss.

Attached: Perk_wild_wasteland.png (210x210, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/B1L6epYp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that supposed to be iggy up there? this always bothered me

Have sex

incel

It doesn't change enough events in the game to make a serious impact. I would've gone one step further and made some of the side quests end in weird ways if you took the perk, and changed tons of dialogue options sort of like a low INT run.

You're missing out on content if you don't take it

>LE WHACKY REFERENCES XDDDD
Complete and Utter Reddit option

What are the best Perks in New Vegas?

As a spic I'm too ignorant of american culture to understand most if not all of the references. Also I don't like old movies.

Since it was an optional choice it wasn't reddit

Bloody mess, cannibal

Cowboy plus And Stay Back plus Shotgun Surgeon.

>Sick Alien Blaster
vs
>Something Awful reference
uh, yeah, cringe! I think I'll be using Wild WAsteland.

Wild wasteland also add another whole something awful reference, retard.

careful throwing around good ideas like that.
you don't want to end up like dream boy.

Attached: 1466007315479.jpg (500x508, 54K)

Which one? I was only aware of the YCS

>install mods that make gun damage more "realistic" so that enemies and you die in a few hits or one with a headshot
>can finally use revolvers and lever action shotguns without feeling like im gimping myself
most fun ive had in a fallout game

It's great if you have some movie knowledge.

>tfw not slashed on cross

Attached: container_giant-lego-yoda-3d-printing-40498.jpg (533x500, 17K)

I know what it references, but I'm not telling.

Slayer

New Vegas is not as good as fallout 4.

I'll give you the gunplay, power armor and scavenging is better in FO4 but New Vegas is better at everything else.

And even that's debatable if you have the right mods

>back shortly after release
>start game
>right after char creation steal everything in doc's house
>sell it back to him
it was the moment i knew it truly was a classic

Which side you arguing for? If you've got some mods to improve NV's gunplay I'd love to know.

you miss out on content if you DO take it, dumbass

I'm running mods from this guide that was posted a few weeks agopastebin.com/B1L6epYp and some of the reanimations, weapon sound and effect and damage overhauls help make a better experience for New Vegas. Fallout 4 is actually a pretty mediocre FPS if you compare it to many of it's contemporaries hell even that snoozefest Rage 2 had more competent gunplay

>not picking up four eyes and built to destroy

It is 90% lame movie references and 10% lame internet humor.

Cowboy or Grunt are essential if you want to keep using conventional firearms late game. The choice comea down to which firearms you like more. Shotgun Surgeon and And Stay Back! turn shotguns from kinda garbage to amazing. Being able to drop a charging enemy that would absolutely fuck you up is invaluable and is borderline cheese with average luck, let alone high luck.

It's a total waste of a trait that changes only a handful of things, and overrides a unique laser weapon in favor of a shitty one with limited ammo

Travel Light/Light Touch
Better Criticals
Finesse
Pack Rat (if playing HC)

These are always my go-to. I like crits. A lot.

jesus christ fuck OFF

Finesse
Jury Rigging
Better Criticals
Bloody Mess
Weapon perks based upon what you're trying to focus

>better criticals
>cow boy
>the professional
>finesse
>10 lucky + lucky magnum

everything. fucking. dies.

What every user before me said is good but
>Educated
>Comprehension
are invaluable for rounding out your skillset unless you're playing a "don't give a fuck about anything else" build

Only Educated is necessary, with all the DLCs you have more than enough levels to get 100s on 3/4 of the skills

>Miss an entire sidequest to get the special BB gun (which instead is just in some crap shack on the way to the boomer territory)
>Miss the alien blaster
No?

Some of the references are flat out unfunny because of how badly executed they are
the old lady ones should be funny if you know where it is from, but it just comes across as some random weak as fuck NPCs agroing you for no reason that you will probably kill them all in milliseconds out of reflex
Once you deal with the situation and your brain finally has some time to put 2+2 together you just release and unimpressive "oh, that it what it was" and then carry on with your game
If the old ladies had much more health than the normal npc so you could at least get it before they become mincemeat the joke and the reference would be so much better

i don't think i've ever done a playthrough without it, but idk what all it actually does besides the indian jones refrigerator and the alien ship encounter

It's joseph, iggy and hierophant green.

Jury Rigging is a must, every playthrough

If you dont pick Logan's Loophole then your not playing New Vegas the way it was ment to be played

Shotgun surgeon

Attached: origin.gif (360x202, 2.33M)

cannibal

>level capped at 30

people don't seriously do this, right?

and stay back is crucial if you're using shotguns, you can stun lock death claws with that shit.

fucking no
level cap is 255 like it's supposed to be

>Taking the dog shit Alien Blaster over the YCS/186 Gauss Rifle.
Absolutely trans.

Leveling past 20 is detrimental since past that you will have hit-squads showing up with 50cal snipers and carbines

What mod user?

How do I stop myself from building a high INT rifleman and quitting shortly after I get to the Strip every time I play?

Ranger Takedown is all you need

Go for a stealth melee build. Being able to casually turn anyone that dares spite you into a pile of guts without any repercussions never gets old

Dust mod

There's hardly any difference

Alien Blaster versus the unique Gauss, and some small eggs here and there.

i have kind of the same problem. except for my legion playthrough where i went mainly melee, every other playthrough i start out thinking I should RP, but then I get to the SPECIAL part and think "well i've gotta go high INT so I can max out skill points per level..." and then always end up gravitating to the same guns like cowboy repeater and hunting rifle

don't think i've ever used energy weapons except out of desperation when i had no ammo for anything else

Stop minmaxing and roleplay. Don't worry about making a sub-optimal character, sometimes failing quests in unique ways actually gives you more lore you wouldn't have gotten if you had succeeded. Just pick a concept like siding with a faction, specializing in strange skills, or building around using a favorite weapon, then let the chips fall where they may.

>Not going unarmed
>Not getting the GRX implant perk and ora ora ora everything at sanic speeds

I liked playing as a mad scientist and every combat situation I'd stealth around planting madbomber bombs all over or c4 into enemies pockets then would explode them and have them run into my traps while pretending I was just so fucking smart they couldn't put up a fight.

Never used it, I like the gauss rifle too much and making deathclaws do backflips when I headshoot them

Attached: 1552206152118.png (264x267, 54K)

References in a Fallout game?
What an outrage! This is so reddit amirite my fellow Yea Forumsirgins? Let's all say fuck reddit and fuck fallout for referencing normie shit while I fit in win my fellow contrarians

I've never tried this because respawning isnt just pressing a button to restart and instantly doing it, instead you have to wait for the
>waaaah WAAAAH WOOOAAAAAAH
and then a loading screen just to be one hit killed again
And there's no cover to speak of in a lot of areas

I ROSE up and CLAPPED when I saw those references for I am a true GAYMER

What was the old ladies referencing?

Wait, I remember it now! It was that ball shit, right? Damn, you're right.