Party Van

It's Saturday! (for real this time) So lets play TF2 with Yea Forums!
Tomorrow is Golden Eye Source so download this shit
geshl2.com/client-downloads/
IP:game.ss13.moe:27015
Password: the usual
Maps: game.ss13.moe/tf2/maps/tf

Attached: TF2.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1770513116
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guess I can join give me a minute

hype

please let there be good maps this time

the password is rage

Team fortress 2 next update is aboutto be released. It's been in development since August of last year. The biggest change to the game was to the way the player's army movement works. The previous version of the original is still available for free on the Source mod website, so I thought I would give it a try to see if I could really make it better for free.I've made many changes to the original game to improve it, such as making the AI a little more dynamic and being able to control the terrain more easily. You can explore the entire map and discover several types of buildings and creatures, and be able to destroy buildings as well as building and creature camps through the use of mines.The player will gain a better understanding of the game and will become a little better at managing their army. You'll also be able to customize soldiers and use them to build more powerful units with better capabilities. As you will find out later on, there are also more advanced items that can be found. You can choose to build a more advanced siege tank and/or an artillery support unit. There are also several special weapons and gear found and some that aren't found anywhere else on the map.The game features both 1v1 maps and 1v2 maps that allow the player to customize the map to fit their style, with up to 4 maps being available for the player to chose

bump

bump

Dead community server hopping when. As fun as is it would be nice to have a better variety of different community gamemodes.

How many people on? Im gonna try to get in in like an hour.

We'd have more gamemodes if Chug would actually bother setting up the plugins I sent him.

I still prefer having 3 gamemodes, the other server was crowded as fuck, and it's not like we'll actually play anything other then VSH, Prophunt and Dodgeball, Fort Wars and Zombie Fortress are dumb as fuck, x10 doesnt work, and Yea Forums doesn't know how to Surf.

Alright kids, Launch v1 is getting its final touches and will be ready for next weekend. What's my next project? Current ideas include pl_joy, a currently unnamed vertically-oriented CTF map(think a 'V' with the intel at the top top points), a player destruction map, or some other dumb shit. Throw me any ideas if you have em
Does Chug even still play

Attached: freetv.png (166x166, 58K)

>implying mario kart was ever good

Implying Mario kart was ever good. But... it is...

Boom.

Oh look! It's the Bowser Kart !

Yeah it is!

Here's the track layout map!

Howdy! Hey Mario! Are you ready?

Oh come on!

What?

I know what you're looking for!

What are you doing?

Doing some track maintenance and then going back to my Mario Kart arcade to check on the new track layout.

W-wait a second...

I just finished driving over some tracks in the arcade.

And it was your fault! Oh well, I'm gonna see if I can get the track back working at this point.

Here it is!

Here it is!

Alrighty, good job doing some new tracks. That was some good work doing everything perfectly! Now let's get to work!

You're a good kid, Mario!

Yeah!

Good! Now look at the next lap!

That's good! So let's do some tricks on the hill.

Oh noes! They're coming!

Yeah!

Oh noes! Look they've got two Bowser's in their way!

Oh noes!

Look, they got this

having fun with the bois

Attached: 1545635680985.png (780x702, 743K)

b u m p

IT'S PARTY TIME
PARTY TIME

TF2Ware and MicroTF2 are still worthy additions. People seem to like Fortwars as well. I'd keep those in.
x10 "works", it's just incredibly unpolished and buggy and I don't like how it doesn't reset properly when turned off. I don't know if it's worth keeping.
People didn't seem to like Surf or Smash Bros, though I think the latter can be solved using smaller maps for a faster round. Maps like Hyrule Castle are too fucking big when there's only a few people left.
We haven't played Zombie Fortress since the plugin was changed to Super Zombie Fortress. I think we should try it again on a map like Volcano Escape and see if people are more receptive then.

I think the main source of bloat is the map pool. There are a lot of shitty meme maps that are fun for the novelty the first few minutes, but quickly overstay their welcome. We have five variants of mandrill, for fuck's sake, two of which are just retextures of the others. The map pool needs to be trimmed.

I agree, remove mandrill, cyberpunk, mario kart, harbl, and bethshill.
Keep every other map.

>removing cyberpunk

Attached: 1561761363574.gif (267x200, 1.96M)

If there were a way to have the server automatically choose another map after a couple of rounds it'd be a much better way to enforce variety. Leaving it up to rtv usually ends up with people gravitating towards meme maps longer than we need to.

>keeping cyberpunk

Attached: hulkster.webm (480x368, 212K)

I'd say change Fort Wars to have every class unlocked from the start, and if Zombie Fortress ever comes back make it the version that has perks. Also lower the fuck out of the map time limit or amount of votes it takes to rtv a map.

It already works like that, we just have such short attention spans we RTV at the first sign of boredom

Attached: 1562380885234.png (1024x713, 752K)

I already made those changes to Fortwars. I was also looking into increasing the prop limit (70 props per player, 1200 props per team) but Fortwars is hard-coded at a 450 max limit per team, so editing the plugin itself would be required. I'd also have to tweak numbers to ensure we can't ever go over the 2047 entity limit in Source games.
The current map limit is 30 minutes, would 20 be too short?

Removing RTV entirely would be a bad move, since it means we can't switch off a shitty map without admin intervention. Lowering the time limit and giving people the option to extend it would be a better solution.

20 would work fine

bump, wait for me later

make it 5 so we get more variety every time.

5 is too short.
We could make the map time unlimited, and make the map change based on points or rounds played.

I vote for 15-20 minutes.

fump

At least have fake conversations with yourself instead of obvious bumps for your dead server you dumb /vg/ trannies

bump

tru

>solarious is back
Why hasn't this guy gotten a voucher and gone back to ruining /vg/station yet

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Team fortress 2 is a good game luigi, I'm glad the engineer invited us to his map

Attached: 1456412202925.jpg (1024x576, 40K)

I'll join when my pizza rolls are done

Attached: Crotch_Sniper.png (275x458, 200K)

based

>just want to play some comfy tf2 with Yea Forums
>reddit summerfags are invading
it hurts

Attached: this shit.jpg (335x410, 10K)

Pizza rolls are done.

>people actually talking on mic about tryhard edgy shit instead of just micspamming

I'm kinda glad the game just crashed for me

Attached: [Over-Time] Express Sentai ToQGer - 14 [901D03EB].mkv_snapshot_21.24_[2014.05.29_10.36.04].jpg (362x361, 42K)

>tfw finally unbanned

This map's novelty wore off quick

Coming!

>using jarate/crit-a-cola in boxing ring
>using fucking miniguns in boxing ring

Attached: 1542911203310.png (813x607, 995K)

hey what do you guys use to micspam? I used slam for months but it stopped working recently and im looking for an alternative.

how the fuck are you even supposed to comeback on that map jesus fuck

Virtual cable and winamp. Alternatively, get an aux cable and plug some sound device into the mic port.

crit a cola makes scouts marked for death so they pretty much get one shot

can we play the OoT map?

goodf job guys

I think balloon race sucks.

Attached: 1533482961145.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

agreed

Attached: 1512281203262.jpg (1640x1043, 141K)

do i need to download the servers for goldeneye too or just the client?

What's wrong with people having fun?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1770513116
Add my map please.

Balloon race does suck. It's a novel concept bogged down by the limitations of hammer and the fact that TF2 is built around close range combat, not long range. Once a team gets ahead, there's really no way to catch up until you hit a control point. The third control point in particular is a fucking mess. The team on the bottom (I think it's BLU) has a severe disadvantage to the team on top.

The trade one based on Majora's Mask? It's fun for all of 4 minutes until you see everything there is to see. There's no objective either, so it just sits there until RTV.

Client

GUYS WHERE IS THE ADMIN, I need to talk to him.
I found out that SLAM does still work, it just needs these commands in the server config:
sv_allow_voice_from_file 0
sv_use_steam_voice 0; sv_allow_voice_from_file 1; sv_voicecodec vaudio_celt_high

anyone know their steam so I can tell them to add these?

Attached: 1519619459717.gif (320x180, 1.18M)

The third point consistently is a heated battle with the guys on the top having a clear advantage. More games stalemate here than any other point.

Why does Yea Forums always pick the same garbage maps every Friday? Why not ever try something new?

Just use a virtual audio cable instead. That'll let you micspam in any game and doesn't require server-side configuration.

how easy are those to set up? I don't really micspam outside of party van, and half of my audio files are Yea Forums inside jokes.

Is TF2 worth playing again ouside of this? Haven't touched the game since sometime before it went free to play

Join this shit you faggots.

were done dude, we were playing for hours.
come back next week, or make a thread tomorrow.

bump

Attached: why are we still here.png (181x211, 35K)