Why don't you have an RTX yet, Yea Forums? It creates actual graphics

Why don't you have an RTX yet, Yea Forums? It creates actual graphics.

Attached: battlefield rtx2.jpg (3840x2160, 3.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HMXUETUp-g
youtube.com/watch?v=GJfEy-kMdFc
youtube.com/watch?v=UHmCX35gRxs
youtube.com/watch?v=Kic-QDmS_Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=eiQv32imK2g
youtu.be/bC5OAWqKF70?t=364
store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control/
lmgtfy.com/?q=google.com&p=1&s=g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's only in shit games

I'm content with my current GPU

>new godtier tps from remedy
>cyberpunk
>doom eternal
>shit games

Attached: 1563048683443.gif (300x300, 438K)

I'm not dumb enough to buy first iteration of hardware

>poorfag cant upgrade every 2 years

Attached: 1562950264402.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

My 2080ti struggles with it at 1080p

Metro is the only worthwhile game with it so far

Call me blind but so far everytime I see an RTX demonstration the only really big feature seems to be "real" reflections.
While I do think they're beautiful, and will especially be so in game that heavily feature rains ambiance and water elements, it's simply not worth the massive increase demand in ressources.

>don't care
>will run just fine on my 1060 without meme reflections
>don't care
>yes

maybe if you have a 144hz monitor

control is the only game worth it since it doesnt just use one kind of raytracing, but GI, AO and reflections

Attached: 220971885ebd64650c24ff03ed145a0f.jpg (1930x1152, 780K)

>>new godtier tps from remedy
>>cyberpunk
>>doom eternal
Shit games

Attached: e78917d1a6385763e5424e68ad32598c.jpg (1912x995, 706K)

Attached: 9cdf8e13a612de0c845561f9c72a22e6.jpg (1916x1000, 594K)

which one is supposed to look better

Cope poorfag

the one where the object actually casts a shadow? are you retarded?

These both look like garbage though?

I can see that it do a thorough job with the lighting, and it DO make it better, but again, it's not enough.
Stupid comparison I know but I just wake up and nothing better is coming up, but to me it'd be like investing thousands to make your Golf 1 GTI gain a few horsepower

All that technology and the gun barrel still looks like a fucking octagon

Both have shadows

I have a RTX 2080 and I haven't played a single game with RTX yet. All I know of is BF5 and Tomb Raider but none of those appeal to me.

the game having low res textures doesnt have anything to do with the global illumination, coping poorfag

retard

Attached: metrortx.jpg (3355x1753, 2.8M)

Non-esport FPS games are truly for graphicsretards.

I'm thinking of getting a 2080 Super for cyberpunk to replace my 1070 but /g/ called me a retarded child for upgrading one generation later

Buy the GPU goiym and be the retarded child that you are.

>it's not enough.
because it only uses global illumination rtx
control uses rtx reflections, rtx ambient occlusion, rtx global illumination and rtx shadows.

>crawling on the ground to rub your face against muh textures
The essence of PC gaming. Based.

Attached: 1285794879339.jpg (530x482, 22K)

>1200 dollar card
>1080p 45 FPS

how does jensen do it?

Attached: 1430775192503.jpg (867x848, 337K)

>left is darker
>right is lighter
THE POWER OF RTX.... JUST... WOOOW.
and I still don't know which one is supposed to look "better"

Until it gets retroactively added to Sleeping Dogs I don't care.

Could you provide exemple?
Then again, maybe it's not just for me, strange as it may sound I'm not really that interested in super realistic graphics in games now that I'm talking about it, I would like to see a return of varied and unique art style and directions if anything.
Realism is good, don't get me wrong, but I feel like devs have been a little too obsessed with it.

Sell the 1070, buy a 2080 Super and Amazon, contact the support, tell them there's a scratch on your card but otherwise the card works fine so you ask if there's something that can be done about that and they will offer you a 15% discount.
Works every time.

>rtx is a scam
>N-NO YOU'RE JUST A RETARD, THAT'S RIGHT A RETARD
Just admit you have buyers remorse. It's okay, it happens to everyone

did they make battlefield 5 free yet?

The former looks textured, the later looks smooth.

>upgrading every 2 years to support our jew overlords.

Overpriced trash.

the power of being a retard. the better lighting even improves the textures on the truck. and without the shadows around that guy it it looks like he's floating there. it makes the objects blend in with the environment, similar to ambient occlusion where you put a "shadow" around it so it looks like it's actually standing there and not just floating in the air

Why are there different tiers of graphics cards? Why don't they just make one flagship card? The material difference between a 1060 and a 1080ti is basically the same. Do they artificially create different levels of quality for their marketing schemes?

hmmm that would be cool

>AAA western shit meme games

Attached: 1554921977432.png (207x210, 48K)

>Buy gpu for 1200 bucks
>Turn ray tracing on
>get silky smooth 40 fps

Attached: hh34234.gif (391x377, 3.08M)

youtube.com/watch?v=4HMXUETUp-g
youtube.com/watch?v=GJfEy-kMdFc
youtube.com/watch?v=UHmCX35gRxs
youtube.com/watch?v=Kic-QDmS_Yw

so it's just a fancy ssao that makes the game run worse

uhhh

imagine being so fucking dumb that you still fall for Nvidia scams that they invent to price gouge idiots with

Remember when mid range cards cost 200$ and had 90% of the performance of top range?

lmao what a fucking joke. Another shitty useless gimmick by nvidia.

Most of Yea Forums does not in fact remember that.

>Not out

>the better lighting even improves the textures on the truck. and without the shadows around that guy it it looks like he's floating there. it makes the objects blend in with the environment, similar to ambient occlusion where you put a "shadow" around it so it looks like it's actually standing there and not just floating in the air

Attached: wm36.gif (332x215, 1.99M)

Why isn't the 5700XT $200 then?

no its not. metro has global illumination.
the "fancy ssao" is raytraced ambient occlusion

just watch this shit but i know you wont because playing dumb is easier youtube.com/watch?v=eiQv32imK2g

I care about gameplay, not graphics

Because apparently they forgot to actually ship 2070S cards to retailers.

Don't worry user they will be available soon with a hefty price mark up of course

>inb4 that's a default non-rtx reflection

Attached: 1375084599481.jpg (580x464, 46K)

>coping so hard he pretends theres no difference there and its just le brightness
for a board that constantly has technology threads you sure seem to hate technology when you cant have it

Attached: 1542215697285s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>no rtx
>pierce of bright light on the top right actually lights walls around it
>rtx
>everything around same bright light punch is dark as night

Lmao non-rtx version actually has more realistic lighting. End yourself.

Attached: 1375217627614.jpg (225x225, 16K)

Just admit you drank the coolaid

To be honest, these games aren't doing the technology justice and paying a premium for THIS is excessive and stupid.
Until games are build from the ground up with it i won't give a shit.

Attached: cope seethe.jpg (1902x1850, 1.14M)

you can achieve literally the same thing with SSRs

Attached: mirrors-edge-catalyst-geforce-gtx-1080-screenshot-texture-quality-001-ultra.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>that graphics
I am not that guy you were arguing with, but yeah, that reflection is the only thing we were lacking for complete photo realism. That had to be a priority. Worth $1k and all the fps I could afford.

Attached: adolf absolutely disgusting.jpg (500x600, 71K)

lol

Attached: lel.jpg (1916x2017, 1.39M)

Better here, worse there.
Why would you pay $1k for the tech which has same issues that default lighting has today?

Attached: 1363345415415.jpg (440x262, 22K)

uhhhmm no, as the window in the rtx comparison is reflecting what ISNT visible on the screen

and if you move the camera slowly down in the mirrors edge screen the reflection will disappear once its no longer visible

Yea, I can see the potential, but what worth a damn is taking advantage yet to justify the steep buy-in? That Control or whatever the fuck it was called looks like some generic C+-tier shite and I don't play Doom to stare in awe at the graphics.

>Look the ground is darker! Thanks Nvidia© RTX™!

>worse there
it isnt.

because I'm not retarded enough to pay more for half the performance for reflections

>and if you move the camera slowly down in the mirrors edge screen the reflection will disappear once its no longer visible
>IF YOU LOOK AWAY FROM THE REFLECTION, THE REFLECTION WILL SLOWLY DISAPPEAR

Attached: 1551110323072.jpg (649x610, 22K)

To me it is pretty clear that the lighting design without ray tracing plain sucks dick here. That is a developer problem, not a technological one. Albeit, a technological solution (RTX) clearly does help in this situation, that garbage before picture looks only +1 from fullbright.

SSR only reflects what's visible on the screen. If the object it's reflecting isn't visible on the screen, it is no longer reflecting it.
Not to mention that SSR is bugged in many games like FFXV where it looks especially bad.

Meanwhile with RTX it reflects the objects even when the object is no longer visible on the screen.

Attached: smol pener gato.jpg (980x995, 123K)

No games I play actually use it, or are games ive played and have no intention of revisiting. Its like buying a VR headset to play a game for a few hours, lose interest, and go play something you actually enjoy.

They actually made a good game after Max Payne 2? I fucking doubt it.

Because the increase in visuals provided by raytracing isn't enough for the 60-80% loss in framerate.

Look at this awesome SSR reflection for example

Attached: SSR.webm (720x540, 2.43M)

I mean it looks nice but I feel like RTX isn't the real reason.

Dude, are you playing Niggerfield 5? Gay, and lame. Play Battlefield 4.

Attached: Battlefield 4™_20190223193638.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

Then what is it? It's not SSR.

Hey I’m judyh0pps_zpd catch me on the metro server :3c

The non-flagship cards are essentially defective 1080t's, similar to Intel's non-i7 chips. Rather than scrap them, they sell them for more profit.

Because something has to be that "one thing" that sets that certain hardware apart from what consumers can already get for much less.

This is as stupid as nvidia trying to make Hair physics a selling point around the time of the tomb raider reboot. RTX is a joke because someones going to be able to achieve the same results without the nvidia gimmick. shit, videogame design is the best smoke and mirrors game you can play with consumable media, why bother with these gimmicks anyways? literally a handful of AAA devs will be able to afford leveraging this gimmick, while everyone else is still gonna play the smoke and mirrors game to walk around RTX while designing their games.

you know unlike hairworks raytracing isnt a meme and is used in almost every animated movie?

It's mediocre and EpIc ExCluSivE

But it is. RTX is raytracing, the only way you can make that reflection is through raytracing because its not on screen.

Content with my 1080ti right now.

Gonna upgrade next spring to whatever is on the top of the Nvidia heap under the ASUS Strix line. Don't care what it costs. I can drop $1500 on a card with no regrets.

Except that those needed a massive server farm just to render a 4k frame per day.

maybe years ago and the point still stands. its not a "meme" its something that existed in the movie industry for years and almost every big upcoming game announced rtx support

lmao, those subhuman cocksuckers haven't made anything even remotely redeemable after Max Pany 2 and the MP games had heavy involvement from 3D Realms to not suck shitdick.
They are worthless dev trash.

>not liking Alan Wake

I have rtx but not for rt

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_11_2019 11_54_07 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 3.22M)

I'm not saying any of it is a meme. Just businesses taking a simple feature or a step forward in technology, then stamping their logo as if they are the ones that created and own it.

Do all these movie studios pay nvidia to use their physics technology to render their physics-driven models? I'd assume all probably not, and that they have deep enough pockets to pay another team to replicate that same physics technology so they don't have to include another middleman (nvidia) on their payroll.

raytracing will probably evolve to become overlooked and taken for granted pretty much because it will be replicated and standardized for much cheaper, or avoided entirely via smoke and mirrors.

>Remember when mid range cards cost 200$ and had 90% of the performance of top range?
95% of Yea Forums are subhuman zoomers.
I remember when the Geforce 2 cost 300 bucks and that was the flagship.
Because of NoVidia you dimwitted shitsniffer. Ayymd would be clinically retarded to not price adjust.

Well AMD isnt doing raytracing yet so theres only nvidia

Attached: medicalterminology.jpg (849x565, 203K)

>or avoided entirely via smoke and mirrors.
So you think developers will actually try their absolute hardest to replicate the look of raytracing (and ultimately still failing) instead of just actually using the raytracing shit that does it all by itself?

>DoF enabled
yikes

>2080ti
>ryzen 3700x
>1440p 165hz monitor

Would raytracing be manageable on this system?

Attached: 1479915595131.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

AMD isn't doing anything "right" for gaming specifically nowadays anyway.

Yeah there is only nvidia, which leverages rtx well in only several AAA titles. I'd love to see more, but we'll probably only see rtx shoved in our faces for some time longer, until it fades out of trending marketing buzzword lists, like the rest of nvidia's gimmicks.

no, most wont even have to deal with that headache because of the stylistic approach to their projects (Cuphead or your generic 2d platforming indie game for example).
Not all games are going to be realistic looking, is what I'm getting at.
RTX is the easiest corner that devs will continue to cut if it can save them money while securing more potential profit (because their consumer base wont be required to own a 1000+ USD gaming pc just to even try playing their game)

keep doing that and amazon will eventually catch on and just ban you

You'll get +60FPS in every game

They're overpriced because nvidia are jews and AMD are incompetent at making GPUs.

>until it fades out of trending marketing buzzword lists, like the rest of nvidia's gimmicks.
More like since its become a standard, even Sony and MS started shilling with it.

Whoa dude, that's SO impressive, I've NEVER seen that in a game without RTX before.
Oh wait.
youtu.be/bC5OAWqKF70?t=364

Raytracing is definitly the future. Any other system for determining how light looks is just a shortcut trying to simulate it. I don't know if RTX specifically is here to stay, but raytracing 100% is.

riiight, like steam will ban you if you continue to ask for refunds, yes?

>those hips

Attached: 1555593935675.jpg (580x563, 236K)

yeah, I will wait for Nvidia ampere

??? It's common knowledge that if you abuse Amazons returns, they'll ban you. Don't know what this has to do with steam.

so they can sell ones for cheaper for different consumer spending levels? it's not that complicated dude, and the difference in production cost is a lot, with huge differences in vram and core clock.

well yeah, that's where I'm getting at. All these gimmicks fade out because they're, in reality, basic leaps made in game/physic rendering. These things like you said, become a standard and all the companies with deep pockets make their own version, or design around having to pay some company that acts like the sole water dealer in the desert.

>Raytracing is definitly the future
I agree, and in due time it will eventually be seen as what it really is, a step forward, and not as THE feature of a GPU company.

Because it's grossly overpriced compared to previous gens and I already have a god-tier PC. Maybe next gen I'll upgrade.

Attached: InShot_20190407_023610320.jpg (1920x1920, 475K)

how do you guys think the 2080s will compare to the 2070s and 2080ti?

Where did all the detail go?

Attached: yiikess.jpg (1920x1900, 833K)

So they're not gimmicks but leaps made in game/physic rendering.

better than 2070 s and 2080. close enough to 2080 ti

I bought a RTX 2070 last month goddamn it giddamn nfvidsa i paid full rpice next gaming rig will be amd all the way

Attached: 1296927719910.gif (180x135, 381K)

>become a standard and all the companies with deep pockets make their own version
there is no "own version". raytracing is only now possible because of the rt cores added to the gpus and with every new gpu those rt cores will grow and devs will just continue to use basic raytracing instead of working extra to make it look as close as possible.

I have a 1080ti i'm not upgrading untill next generation

High powered graphics won't matter until consoles die.

Attached: watch-dogs-pc-comparison.jpg (615x342, 45K)

bros I'm finally joining mustard. I have been on this degenerate board for a decade now and after all this time playing on consoles, about to become the superior race. By the end of next week, everything should be complete.

Anything I should know or do before I start playing vidya? Also any vidya you'd recommend?

>poland
>west

But I do

Attached: out.webm (720x405, 2.99M)

>t. didn't check out the obvious rumors which are out for months.
that's your fucking problem.

become pirate immediately

Attached: pirate-costume-20469.jpg (900x1200, 208K)

play any games you want

RTX IS impressive. Just load that free quake II demo if you don't believe me.
Whether or not the "rtx" cards are impressive/capable of it is a different story. I feel like a 2080 should get more than 44fps in a 20 year old game but that was at 1440p too

>buying a GPU almost a year after it releases

>Anything I should know or do before I start playing vidya? Also any vidya you'd recommend?

Yes, if you stick with PC gaming and especially pirating/emulating, you will acquire a huge backlog of games of which you will never probably will get to enjoy playing. The equivalent of a kid suddenly getting waaaayyy too many toys at once to play with and ultimately really ends up playing with a couple, while the rest go untouched.

All the screen-space effects are meme that overstayed their welcome.

I'm glad RTX is putting an end to them.

>4k
>looks blurry as shit with tons of jagged edges
What's the point?

And Quake II RTX only runs as fast as it does because it's a 20 year old game. Minecraft only runs as fast as it does because most of the scene is aligned to a chunky, regular voxel grid.

Raytracing generally is highly sensitive to scene complexity, moreso than rasterization. With raytracing, to get high framerates at high resolutions on high fidelity games will require hardware improvements that aren't necessarily forthcoming. We're already over a decade into diminishing returns on graphics hardware development. Who knows how much progress will slow in the future?

Nvidia are genuinely committed and pushing raytracing as the future of real-time graphics. The annoying thing is they expected consumers to be paid beta testers (some of whom complied).

I mean, I got the 2080 because it was a new card and I couldn't find any 1080ti's used. I didn't buy it for raytracing.
It would be nice if raytracing could become the next meme instead of 8k bullshit but we need some quantum 3nm gpu bullshit first

>GPU load of 87% on a 1080p game with a fucking $1k+ graphics card
>Only looks marginally better than on a $500 graphics card, with some scenes not having any rtx at all
Yikes, but the performance has come quite a ways since they first added it to BF5, and people were getting 40-70 fps on a 2080ti @ 1080p

store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control/
Imagine being wrong on the internet. I bet you're feeling pretty embarrassed right now bucko

its epic launch exclusive apparently, maybe thats what he read

>AMD releases a sharpening filter that BTFO’s Nvidicuck’s DLSS. You can basically run game at 1080p but it will look near identical to 1440p with this filter
>Work out of the box unlike DLSS which forces dev to implement it
>Open source and someone already ported it to Reshade so everyone can use it
AMD is pretty based

Attached: F0D88095-C73D-487E-BE33-2B221C2F9EA7.jpg (495x620, 166K)

Waiting for 2-3 more gens for when adoption actually warrants it, and we hopefully have the GPUs to do 4k 60/120FPS with high-max settings.

Yeah the 2000 series is a decent step above the 1000 series apart from raytracing, if you ignore the insanely long delay between the two. Like you, most people bought in for an ordinary upgrade, but some really did drink the raytracing Kool-Aid.

>8k
It would be funny if the suits overreach and push that shit hard. All this years into 4k being available and affordable, and 4k gaming is still essentially impractical. Worse, 8k is entirely pointless; I play in 4k when I can, using a 48" TV as a monitor 2' away from me, and see few aliasing issues even without any kind of antialiasing. You'd need full-on superhuman vision for 8k to be beneficial under any real viewing conditions. You're really just burning power and $krilla for no observable benefit.

Is bf5 worth it if on sale? I want a good ww2 fps game

>it's only use is to power meme games
Great example OP.

> Now let me scout the map for a puddle of water to show off my 1000 dollars graphics POWERHOUSE
> No, this puddle won't to
> Ah, perfect puddle
> Now let me find the perfect angle for it
> There we go
> Let me go validate my stupid purchase on the internet! they will surely be mad they can't afford a 1000 dollars graphics card and stare at puddles of water like a pr0 such as myself!
have sex

Attached: 1533090395027.jpg (703x685, 151K)

RTX in VR makes my jaw drop

makes everything look and feel so real. lighting is everything

Reflections in puddles aren't worth $1500.

Quake II RTX got me 30fps with a 2070 Super and didn't even look that good

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-000816.png (1080x1920, 2.28M)

how do I learn to read PC part specs, like what a hz, 1080ti, or a RTX is? Or is it really not totally necessary and following a guide with recommended parts is cool?

My 970 3.5gb works fine for now. I'm not upgrading until ddr5

I don't see anything in this screenshot that I haven't seen better of from my 1080ti.

stick to your switch buddy lol

lmgtfy.com/?q=google.com&p=1&s=g

Negligible improvement only for 100 gorrilion fps drop

I'd say turn down settings like global illumination. I think the game still looks nice, but it still doesn't feel like anything mindblowing.

naw man i want to take lewd screen shots at high grafic settings