How big of a game changer was the Dualshock when it came out?

Attached: 711719405900.jpg (450x450, 14K)

it's an amazing controller, but the first playstation didn't explored it well enough. funnily enough it's an amazing and precise PC joystick if you use an usb adapter

It took the game with Sony's best shota to require it.

Not many games utilized it properly. But I guess it was a game changer on hindsight considering that pretty much every controller uses dual analogs

The only games I ever played that used it were Spyro and Medal of Honor

>Be a kid.
>Mom gets mad at me and throws my OG PSX against the wall.
>Mad, sad, kid stuff.
>Dad tells me my mom's a bitch and ends up taking me to EB Games to buy a new one, which was the Dualshock version with RE1.
Shit was cash.

You mean the DualAnalog?

>amazing and precise PC joystick if you use an usb adapter
I've been using my PS2 controller like this for so many years. x360ce and everything is perfect.

your dad sounds like a top lad

>psx

Pretty big deal. They invented the right stick. C-buttons were cool but having full analog rotation was much better.

Still crap compared to the 360 design though.

It was needed to pave the way for the PS2. The right stick hadn't done shit back then. But left stick for racing games is a big enough deal because previously analog steering was only possible with Namco's NeGcon twisting controller which only supported a few games (Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Moto Racer, etc.)

pee ass sex

i swear that i've seen footage of some ps1 third party motion controller for maybe racing games years and years ago, but never found it again.

fucking massive. it's funny though because no games used it. what was that one? monkey something? you used the analog to swing a net lmao

the next big thing is rear paddles/buttons. controllers need more fucking buttons, and the back of the handles is a great spot for them. but they aren't default yet, so no game develops with them in mind. but they are still useful to map the face buttons onto, especially in an fps.

Fun fact: There used to be a full range motion controller in some arcades (I experienced it in Dallas with Tekken), but I can never find any information about it.

He was alright. Always tried to buy my love, so I ended up owning most every video game console and portable as a kid.

Eh. We all said it as kids. Probably because of PSX magazine.

>There used to be a full range motion controller
i can remember more like wiimote type of controller when it comes to things. maybe the thing never was produced. it was kinda like you turn the controller and the car turns. might just have imagined it, but if anyone has any information about that then that's nice.

Attached: 1496155021583.jpg (1784x6512, 2.53M)

psx was always the trashy cousin of playstation mag

It wasn't.

Maybe you're thinking of two different products, but combining them into one?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 267K)

ape escape made me learn how to use a controller all over again, was kinda neat - but irritating at the time.

Fuck that game. Back then I had some 3rd party dualshock and I rented that game because I was excited to finally try it. It turned out the controller I had had the sticks, but not L3 and R3, so I couldn't fucking swim and I wasted my weekend rental on that shit.

could also be that i'm insane. it's almost impossible to try to search for that. even with fresh browser you'll get ps4 stuff if you include anything motion vice. well doesn't matter. i'm on some forgotten media tracker and they archive fucking everything. could ask there but not that interesting. i never saw some video, that's fine.

meant for this

>We all said it as kids.
Fake and gay. We called it the pee ess, or the playstation. Faggot zoomer.

see

You're asking a board who weren't even sperm yet in the 90s

yeah, playing most ps1 games would give you sores on your left thumb if you weren't careful. i had one for most of my teenage years from the d-pad playing tekken and gran turismo. probably because i prefered hitting left and right with the 'knuckle' of my thumb, rather than the tip.

based

Attached: 0087.png (500x483, 166K)

I pronounce it "pee-sex".