How does Yea Forums feel about grinding...

How does Yea Forums feel about grinding, ie repeating the same task over and over to gather XP/materials/something you need to progress?

Attached: hat spinning nug.gif (540x405, 1.3M)

It is a good game mechanic present in good games, ie japanese games.
Western gamers are too stupid to understand the mechanic, so they try to "innovate" by adding garbage.

Why did everyone forget about Umaru?

I like it. Do it for hours while I have music or a podcast on. Feels good when you stop and see all the items/levels you got.

"it's fun with friends"

I think it sucks when its mandatory, but its basically inevitable in some genres when the content grinding allows you to access is significantly more fun than the content that is the alternative to grinding. It also sometimes exists so bad players can finish the game.

I hate it. Main reason I don't play RPGS anymore. Thank God Moba's came out

Season 3 when?

Attached: 1543606830072.png (879x789, 557K)

It's shit and I avoid every game that requires it.

I enjoy it, just mindless and comfy way to waste time because you have no life.

IDK I play oldschool rs and its burning me the fuck out

depends on if the final result is worth it.

Attached: tachibanasan.webm (852x476, 2.99M)

Grinding, whenever present and if required, should be as quick and painless as possible for the user on the UI end. I don't really give a shit if I'm hunting some sub 0.5% drop rate item from a rare mob, just don't make me spend 5-10 seconds waiting for the battle start animations to complete and then click and wait through whatever moves or auto attack animations I need to defeat/steal shit from whatever I'm hunting, only to spend another 5-10 seconds waiting for the battle complete shit to get finished with. If I'm going to be wasting my time grinding for shit there is no good reason to make it take even longer. To whatever devs are out there please, for the love of god, implement some kind of partial animation skip at least, and ideally give the player the option to either have regular old auto attacks set up automatically on battle start so you don't have to waste time in menus, or even give the player the option to set up their own skill queues that'd automatically play on battle start.

Depends on the game, the degree of grind, and what kind of grind.

I wanted the Platinum for Wipeout Omega Collection recently and I managed to do everything to the point that even Elite Passing every event didn't get me to Lv. 50, so I had to grind a solid level and a half from racing. Which was like 2 hours of repeating Capital Reach.

I threw on a podcast and just grinded it out and it was damn fun. Learned the racing lines and got in the zone while listening to some shit. Feels good.

I didn't

Attached: rereere.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

If it's optional, it isn't a huge deal.
But if it's something necessary to progress then yeah that's just terrible design.
I sure do love postponing defeating the ancient evil so I can grind for 3 hours to get something for a citizen I care nothing about.

Attached: 1553312719475.jpg (500x374, 22K)

this has to be bait. Mobas are built entirely around the mechanic of grinding.

She was put on a dead platform.

Attached: IMG_20161205_114618876.jpg (1836x3264, 672K)

I enjoy it.

it's a horrendous series and anyone with half a brain can see that

Attached: 1552502731087.jpg (540x485, 47K)

In the time I would sink into a game grinding, I feel I could instead be getting something done, like drawing a comic or coloring a picture.

Battle grinding can be fun but just gathering stuff is boring

Grinding, crafting, and gacha systems are all cancer devs use to artificially lengthen their games. However, I feel like what causes you to become attached to certain maps or areas in a game is through some sort of backtracking and repetition. It all boils down to how it's implemented, and whether it's in the player's interest or the game's.

because it's a shit series
even doga kobo put in like the minimum amount of effort to make sure it wouldn't get anything more than 2 seasons

Playing D5 now so I guess I'm okay with it.

I'm too old for this shit.

Attached: don't know.gif (382x678, 2.11M)

If the game is fun then grinding should just be gameplay

I dont really stop and grind unless the regular battles start to become too much of a hassle or the area has short battles for good exp.

Depends on the game and how it is done. If the game is fun, gives interesting tasks to help level you up level up, or is balanced well then it isn't much of an issue.

On the other side, when it is clear that the game does this so you will buy microtransactions or XP boosters/lootboxes, is balanced poorly or has next to nothing to do then it becomes an issue and a flaw.

>just want to progress
>have to grind for 3 hours

Attached: zqoty.jpg (600x729, 70K)

Depends. In SP games, no. In MP I only can if I have other people playing with me to take my mind off it