Post fighting games with good stories

Post fighting games with good stories

Attached: CACD91AF-BB3F-45E4-8F16-E1C2BA405B60.jpg (256x361, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wlSkIzTJ9UY
youtube.com/watch?v=q6lXDUj1ilk
youtube.com/watch?v=nXf1EduoIY4
youtube.com/watch?v=fdQhGYkWKpE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nZWwI2LrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*crickets*

Fighting games that HAD good stories. Tekken 3 is when Harada took over after Seichi Ishii and ruined the entire fucking story with his bullshit and guest character nonsense.

Soul edge

Every Namco fighting game used to have decent stories. Siegfried's story from Soulblade was especially kino.

Tekken's story went to shit after 5 and Soulcalibur's story went to shit after 3 though. You can tell that's when they started to chase the tourneyfag audience.

Ogre and Demon Jimpachi stories were not bad, it was the Azazel and Kazumi additions Harada made that hurt the series.

Tekken's storytelling, atmosphere, and tone peaked with 4. Too bad the gameplay was jank. I loved the idea of dynamic environments with elevation changes, too. They just gave up and that sucks.

Attached: 250px-Tekken_4_Coverart.png (250x354, 187K)

Paul end in 4 was kino

Do literally any fighting games have a decent story and single player content these days. I liked fighting games as a kid for the character rivalries and learning each character's story. Soulcalibur 3 is still my favourite fighting game for it's wealth of singleplayer content.

Do fighting games just not do that anymore?

Something happened to Tekken when it hit 6. I was with it when it was about 2 assholes throwing each other off of mountains out of spite. I was still into it when Jin unwittingly unlocked his devil gene and didn't really know what to do with that. I was STILL into it when Jin looked at how his family ruins everything around it and the best thing to do was to obliterate all of it. But somewhere around T6 when Jin took over the Zaibatsu and Kazuya took over G Corp and they started a world war which was a part of Jin's keikaku to lure out the source of the devil gene and kill it, I just lost interest. I can't even explain why.

is authentic sky the comfiest ost of all vidya?
youtube.com/watch?v=wlSkIzTJ9UY

Attached: Street Smart.png (300x422, 333K)

As i'm aware SFV has a Story but has issues for ex. with Necalli being a hyped Jobber, MKXI story is a wasted potential with Liu being the focal point, T7 story is horrible like Blazeblue Crosstag, KoF is setting something with Verse bringing back dead char. and new Samsho story is very simple to understand.

And Jin didn't even got rid of his gene...

It became to convuluted and contrived.
We had Jin as the main character for 3 games and the game's closest thing to a hero just for him to become DA BAD GUY like Kazuya and suddenly we get a new "Super Sekrit badass son of Heihachi" who randomly showed up just for a double twist of "Lol nevermind Jin was good all along"
And now the issue is that Jin is the Hero again who has to kill Kazuya but he'll never have a happy ending because so many people want to kill him after his actions in 6

The new Soulcalibur story is almost the same as the old, but with Azwel, Grow and Zasalamel (supposed to appear later) take parts of events.

Most of the stuff that happens outside of the games is actually pretty interesting.

This video is a pretty good summary of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=q6lXDUj1ilk
There's a bit of autism from the people sat in chairs but the guy presenting is pretty based.

Attached: gg-hos-750.png (750x400, 108K)

Yes. The overall OST is just art, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=nXf1EduoIY4
youtube.com/watch?v=fdQhGYkWKpE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nZWwI2LrM
Just, dripping with atmosphere. Tekken 4 had killer identity and a ton of soul.

Attached: 1542879670177.jpg (593x610, 91K)

New Guilty Gear story was ok, the problem is the main stories that are long cutscenes don't have fights, but you get to see old faces like Zappa and Robo Ky.
I'd really wanted the Fight the Universal Will with Sol, but the character is sadly cutscene only.

>Blazblue

I dived into BB autism. What I found is that the general plot as far as why the characters are doing what they're doing isn't all that complicated. But there's so much proprietary dialogue and in game terms that you have to wade through oceans of autism just to get the meaning of what characters are trying to say. Also they put REALLY important bits of information in side games and expect you to just know it when you play the main games

Attached: kof_1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 271K)

What makes me sad is that originally Kazuya was an antihero that was consumed by the devil in 2, it was implied through Jun trying to help against that evil force that there is good in him which resulted in Jin, in 4 Kaz. merged with half devil (now retconned due being a genetical counterpart rather than his own being), but his good half is still there in 5 as he cares about Jinpachi, however as currently he is more evil (see his Tag 2 Ending), 7 ending implies he leads the world Chaos which implies he will set as a pure villain for Jin to kill.

fucking yikes at that last part
I think smash is more your speed, user

I know, was referring to Crosstag story.
The Rugal, especially Orochi and Nest plots were the good ones of the series.

Honestly Tekken has one of the worse stories of any fighting game. Tekken 7 finally made a barely tollerable story and even that wasn't very good. Great game, but not played for the plot.
>Skull girls had a tolerable story
>MK X was bordering on being a good story but not quite. Same with all the injustice games.
Yeah fighting games have shit stories however there is one that had a story I found genuinely engaging.
>Mortal Kombat Deception
It had a good twist with being manipulated into doing Nobunagas bidding and everything is your fault. Cool worlds. Game play was the least shitty of all the 3d MK games. I could watch a movie of MK deception if it stuck to the main plot points and script

Attached: 1497919442_teklez.jpg (1094x1465, 410K)

Paul was kino until 5.

Runner-up: Soul Calibur II WMM

Attached: Soul_Blade_NA_PS1_Boxart.jpg (800x804, 120K)

What do you mean? I'm not talking stage hazards, I'm saying having stages be more than a boring circle would help give Tekken some god damn variety and identity.

>Tekken 7 finally made a barely tollerable story
I did not tollerate it as it has many problems with the notorius being
>Why Kazumi wanted a child with Heihachi if she was hired to kill him, not attacking when he sleeps
>Why Akuma waited so much time to attack them, right after the world was ruined by Jin (Akuma does not know him) which Kazumi told him to prevent (Akuma ends up falling)
>And more

What the fuck was Jin even doing with the gene between Tekken 4 and 5?

What pissed me off about SFV is how Shadowloo falls. Ryu is the one to do it? Really, not Chun-Li, Guile, Charlie or Juri who have a blood feud with him?

Wasn't he struggling to control it? Like he kept falling asleep and waking up 10 miles from his house?

Jin was trying to control it with no avail to point that he ruined the world to kill Azazel, guess what now Jin can control it because Harada wants him to kill Kazuya.

T4 would've been a good end for Jin. He starts down the same path as his father and grand father but Jun's good nature wins out. So he elects not to be like them and leaves Heihachi and Kazuya to kill each other.

I know, Charlie (who should had a cutscene with Guile talking about their life) weakening Bison for the others to defeat would have been better, Ryu plot is fine if relagated only to Necalli.

My problem with Ryu is that his character has no trajectory. Yes he wants to be the best martial artist he can be what does that even mean? It's like Ash Ketchum saying he wants to be a Pokemon Master, the goal is so nebulous that he's going to be on his journey forever. Always driving towards the same goal with almost no change. Ironically Ken Masters was able to get a sort of satisfying ending. He became a world class martial artist and gained a family and gained a student. His story is largely complete. Were you will never be a complete martial artist because Capcom themselves don't know what that means

I agree with you, Ryu's own plot becomes interesting if set with his rivarly with Akuma, he faced him but ended up not winning in Alpha/V but does not give up.
In Third Strike he trains with Oro and confronts Akuma again, his overall char. arc makes sense that he ends with him.

I really would like to see a post training Ryu. Maybe somebody was finally able to resolve his inner conflict between wanting peace and wanting to fight that doesn't somehow result in some metaphorical demon showing up from nowhere trying and to beat him up

Yes, what were they thinking with Kage? an Evil Ryu used as an opponent for Ryu as to show that he finally overcame his inner evil in his story would had made more sense.