Nintendo Switch

>Nintendo Switch
>Can't Switch
>legoldface.ttf

In all seriousness, what do you guys think of this decision?

Attached: Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.jpg (679x800, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kinda dumb but I'm more annoyed at how people are saying its a 3ds killer

I dont like it but It's just another option
It's not like regular switch will be pulled out of production

I play undocked 95% of the time, but I would still want to be able to dock it.

Also there's zero incentive to buy one if you already own a switch. If they put in a decent screen like an amoled for once, it could've been worth the upgrade

Attached: 1360115890602.png (800x723, 683K)

shortch huahauhuaa

nintendo went full retard

i'm not buying it anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

seems fine. I've been wanting a switch, and I have no plans to use the docking tv stuff anyway, so a cheaper option that doesn't use it works for me.

Whats with the tranny colors

not made for my demographic so I have no interest, I'm sure the kids will love it though

>Also there's zero incentive to buy one if you already own a switch
A major target demographic is families that have a Switch but are sharing it among themselves. So, you get your kid one of these and Pokemon for Christmas so that you/your other kid don't have to share with them.
But, yes. Other than that scenario, this product isn't really intended for people who already own a Switch. Although another scenario is people being suckered in for limited edition consoles which will probably be mostly Lites from now on.

It seems quite counter-intuitive. It is against the original design of the switch. But, y'know, their prerogatives; Nintendo & whomever buys it. just how it is. God bless.

it just fucking undermines what nintendo set OUT to do with the switch 2 years ago.

make a system that is portable, controllers that can be shared AND can be played on a tv. its fucking WHY it doesn't have a damn d pad you cockmonglers. so player 2 has the same controller as player 1, so you could play games like 1,2 switch and bomberman ANYWHERE.

now you fucking can't, you don't even get a kickstand, so that incase someone else has say a pro controller, they have to worry about you holding the damn screen up the whole time!

fuck, you destroyed like, what, 3 controller options for the switch for smash? no gamecube controller, no single joycon or double joycon. you can't even play 2 player smash with a friend on one system unless they ALSO have a controller!

RIP anyone who wanted to bring their Switch setup to a Smash tournament, but otherwise it seems fine to me.

The best decision they made in years.

>Nintendo 3ds
>Nobody uses the 3d past the first week but still gains merit for same old reasons a gameboy always does.

It doesn't bother me and if it did, I'd just go buy a regular Switch.

everyone saw the writing on the wall
shit, do you really remember any games using 3D exclusive on the 3DS heavily past 2014? or even from 2012 to 2014? its that first year of games.

This is meant for the Japanese audience, you fucking dumb weebs should already know this.

Attached: 1541398807692.png (720x720, 629K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-10 Nintendo Is Selling A Dockless, Cheaper Switch In Japan.png (642x826, 200K)

I don't even have anything I could connect the dock to so it looks fine to me. Might get one.

It's a good decision for sure, 100$ off the price tag will probably bring in a ton of new people.

It's weird how they outright removed the docking capability but I like the design. I'd actually consider picking one up if I could dock it with the original's dock.

Would it work as a wii u if i have another switch dock???????thats the real question.

It's not for me, but it makes sense if Nintendo is trying to completely monopolize the Japanese market.

>Blue Omen Operation
Fuck I want that so badly

>muh smash

lmao stopped reading, cringe

insert any other 2 player game, asshole faggot.
tell me how i, the other player, am supposed to play a TWO PLAYER GAME with your switch mini and no other controllers?

WHOOPS!

As long as they have good games who cares. Buy the version you prefer.

Just be glad it’s not a PS Vita or a soul-less console like the PS4.

Well if you consider the implications, it means the switch was a failure from a strategic standpoint. They are now breaking down the switch into its two separate modes of play so you can choose one mode to focus on instead of switching.

Honestly, I think the whole switch experiment proves that there is a need for things to be kept SIMPLE.

I've seen people try to play a switch at a demo kiosk and it isn't pretty how confusing it is just to control the damn thing. I even had trouble myself figuring out how mario party was suppose to be played when there's two different joy con configurations on the stand and the game keeps demanding a specific way of playing while the demo game selector required a different way.

It was a bad experience for many.

Lesson hopefully learned:

"Keep it simple"

The lite is for little kids. As in the type that play Pokemon. As in the type that would otherwise be glued to a 3DS if that's where the new Pokemon game was.

Saw it coming a mile away. With games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing, that are big with kids and casual players, just on the horizon, a budget Switch makes sense to capitalize on software sales. It doesn't affect me personally either way, but I rather this than an upgraded model that makes some games unavailable for original Switch owners.

I wanted the complete opposite but obviously this is more lucrative.

I believe a Switch this size would overheat if docked. They probably removed active cooling. All this is meant to be is a smaller, cheaper Switch. No docking kills three birds with one stone: allows it to be smaller, cheaper, and not to replace the current Switch.

>have a regular Switch for the house, you keep docked at all times
>have a Lite for a much more portable option, not having to worry about detachable joycon or anything
>transfer your save data between each system before you start playing

It's not that big a deal. The "switch" aspect is still attractive but this is mainly for parents who want to get a Switch for their kids and not have to worry about losing pieces.

I worked in a GS for years. It's the same reason the original 2DS was so successful - so dumb kids wouldn't break their top half off their handheld.

Good to have options. $100 cheaper and I'm sure there are people who don't care about the TV connectivity (or have an original that they're sharing with someone else and want to get them their own for handheld play).

Personally, I don't care since I've got an original already and have nobody in my life, but I'm clearly not the target audience anyway.

>switch was a failure
stopped reading right there

>not called the Gameboy Switch.

Attached: 1390706057170.jpg (495x550, 195K)

I think they finally made exactly what I wanted and I'll be buying one.

Why? That's exactly what it is. 3DS is done.

They're still pretending it's not a 3DS successor and the 3DS is still alive.

I think after the Wii U they're not going to do anything name-wise that has even the remotest chance of confusing anyone.

the new legandary are so shit it ruines the whole console
otherwise it looks not bad

And yet they've a Switch that can't switch.

It plays games. Switch has a decent library, who gives a shit?

Pretty much this. Both pokemon and animal crossing are system sellers for nintendo the way fifa is for sony, tens of millions of people will buy this switch and pokemon, tens of millions more will buy this switch and animal crossing and never give any other game even a second glance. this stripped down version gives those people something cheap enough to be an impulse buy.
Also the removal of the dock and video out was almost certainly due to thermal constraints caused by the smaller form factor, if it couldn't run at the higher clock rate needed to generate higher quality tv output without melting down, then there was simply no point including that capability.

They pretended the gameboy was still alive when the DS launched.

Have to agree. I was going to buy it until I noticed the gay wolves on the back

>switch was a failure
my sides

This will be better than the base switch.
>longer battery life
>dpad
>smol
>no flimsy plastic dock that scratches your screen
>no joycon creak in portable mode
>actual sd card slot that isn’t tucked behind a shitty kickstand
>no shitty kickstand
>higher pixel density
My only problem with the lite is that the colors suck ass. if I cant get the swsh edition I’m waiting for more options.

Attached: E69F57E6-99EC-4E3C-808D-7187F3A2D483.png (1084x792, 417K)

2ds better in what world? Mono audio, shittier screens, doesn't fold and is shaped like a fucking brick.

That foldable new 2ds is the best version with no extra bs.

>design your console around a core gimmick
>almost instantly drop set gimmick and release a version without it

At this point Nintendo should just go 3rd party, their hardware does nothing but hold back their games. Just imagine the potential that Smash has on steam

Attached: tracey-sketchit-magnifying-glass-1.jpg (625x480, 84K)

>better
>cheaper
>sturdier

pick one

Attached: 1555850245040.png (2000x1410, 282K)

Being able to use a TV isn't a gimmick

But the "new" 3DS XL just feels better in terms of overall build quality than the "new" 2DS XL, it's not just the 3D capability.

Will it sell out fast or should I not worry about preordering one?

>3DS games trickling off or done, no pokemon
>this is super cheap
>has pokemon

It's not the sort of thing that interests me. It seems shitty that they apparently didn't even give this thing the option to output video to something. I mean it can already be done over USB C, it seems like an obvious feature to add even if you'd basically be holding the console with a long cable going to your display.

I assume it doesn't exist strictly because Nintendo doesn't want to cannibalize more expensive Switch sales, or perhaps they're only running this thing at very low clocks and it simply does not have the cooling required to handle TV mode.

>dude it's portable YOU CAN GAME ON THE GO

Attached: file.png (326x294, 66K)

>Switch was failure

I can understand saying this 7 months into the Switche's lifecycle, even in year one but saying this now just falls on delusional.

Nintendo's choice to use shit screens for cheap is the only reason they have kept every single other video game company out of the dedicated handheld market for decades.

As long as it plays better than the original switch undocked, can play all games (don't care about those shitty novelty party games), and isn't made of sand I see no problem

why?

Would it run cool enough if it just outputted the same handheld mode visuals?

I'd preorder just to be safe, but it's not a new console, so I don't think it's gonna be insta-sold out forever status.

To me they feel about the same. new 3ds xl is a bit heavier so it maybe that's why. I hate the cartridge slot on it though. I keep popping that shit out with my pinkies.

Right. It's so easy that every other shitty company could've done it easily and evened the playing field, but didn't.

Sorry but designing your entire console around it is a gimmick.

Playing handheld games on home console is around since forever and home console games on the go is a thing since the PSP, technically the GBC even if we count SMB Deluxe as an attempt to bring the NES experience on the go. PS VITA pushed it even further by bringing uncompromised visuals through PS4 remote play. The only thing the Switch accomplishes is tricking shareholders into believing Nintendo still has the home console market.

It's gonna play the same, dude.

But it is a 3DS killer.

>CHEAPER than when the 3DS launched and plays much higher quality looking games

there's literally no point for them to ever make a pure handheld 3DS successor now.

Yes, if it outputted literally the same thing it would display on its own screen it would not heat up more than in handheld mode. The low resolution would look pretty awful on a bigger display though.

Actually, I guess there could also be some heat if the battery is also charging at the same time, but that's not heat from the SoC or due to the game playing on a TV.

>sub 1080p without 4k output
It kind of is.

Attached: C27FCFA3-1CCC-4694-A897-961E8270DE24.jpg (500x500, 43K)

It's for people that don't own a switch or only play handheld mode so it's fine
They did with the 3DS by releasing one that didn't have 3D and was cheaper

what?

Also, all the 3DS's biggest selling franchises are on the Switch now. It's got Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, Fire Emblem, etc.

Functionally, it's still a Switch, since it plays all the same exact games. As opposed to being a Gameboy, an unrelated handheld that has its own completely different library.

Maybe one of my idiot friends will buy one and sell me their og switch

>new pokemon game = must buy game and new console regardless of quality
god i fucking hate brainless normalfags

Are fps drops still an issue for the undocked switch? I would hope they at least optimized the lite for portable-only play. If that's the case than I honestly wouldn't completely disregard it if I actually bought consoles

The 3DS is already dead you dolts. Everyone has accepted that the Switch (a handheld with a glorified HDMI port) is the successor now.

Nearly 20% of Switch users use docked mode exclusively and most use both docked and handheld. You have no idea what a gimmick actually is.

>Sorry but designing your entire console around it is a gimmick.
Well it's worked for Nintendo every other time, except the Pii U

Bought Switch at launch
I say this is a smart decision on Nintendo but honestly I won't buy any.
At least not until I get my degree and start making good money. Then I'm buying every special edition I can get my hands on

>buying special editions

Attached: fjgdj.png (1360x768, 300K)

And I really do think that was completely down to the name and marketing (or lack thereof). There were so many normies that did not know the Wii U existed, or thought it was some tablet add-on for the Wii and not a successor console.

I think Nintendo balanced everything as well as they could have:

They wanted it to be as cheap as possible, so knocking off $100 was a good goal. They wanted to make it smaller, so they could market it directly toward the handheld market. They also don't want it to piss off owners of the current Switch by making their Switch redundant.

Making it smaller means it would get hotter faster if it ran in TV mode, especially after you consider that they probably removed cooling. So, now it's smaller and cheaper, but missing a core feature. That feature isn't too important to the customers they're trying to reach, so it's a fair compromise. If they allowed it to be docked or plugged in to a TV and run handheld visuals, it would look pretty bad, and Nintendo probably doesn't want people to see that and confuse it with how the Switch is supposed to look on the TV. The only real issue at this point is that it's still called a Switch, but it can be argued that that's not too bad, since they have to indicate that it belongs to the same family of systems. I am not sure any other name would work. It's not as easy as changing 3DS to 2DS. I can't think of anything.

That and had no system selling games, like I can't think of one good game on Wii U

I can't think of anything marketable. The unSwitch or Switch Off doesn't really sell units, after all. I think Lite is probably good, probably makes normies think of free versions mobile apps that lack features of the paid version.

>couch coop
>2019

fucking YIKES are you twelve? people play online now, grow up

the thing that convinced me is the WEIGHT

the switch lite is barely heavier than the fucking pro controller, the OG switch is a fucking brick to hold and it tires my hands so fucking fast and I'm a god damn heavy lifter

I just realized that if you take the words Switch Lite and switch them you get Lite Switch (Light Switch). Interesting.

This. I also hate how the joycons slightly shift around when they're attached, feels nasty.

The stick drift alone makes this a dumb purchase.

>the joycons slightly shift around when they're attached

god damn that pisses me off

>want to scratch my nose
>hold the switch with one hand for a second
>CRRRRRREAK
>oh fuck the rails.png

flimsy piece of shit frankenstein hybrid console, can't fucking wait for the lite, I'm just pissed there's no link's awakening special edition, like what the fuck dude it comes out on the same day

source: my ass

This and the potential for that stupid dock to scratch my Switch are why I play it docked only. It's also why I'm going to get a Switch Lite. It'll be cool to play it handheld without worrying about that stuff. I love the idea of the Switch, but it never really worked out for me with the quality of the dock and joycon.

They needed to go the other way and make a version that was dock mode only, aka, an actual console.

SO UHHHHHHHH YEAH

WHAT ABOUT DOCKED EXTRA POWER THAT IS PROVEN WITH TESTS?

I GUESS YOU DONT GET THAT WITH SWITCH MINI! AND ITS THE SAME FUCKING THING AND YOU CANT USE DOCKED MODE AND NEED NINTY TO SELL YOU A DOCKING WIRE ACCESSORY FOR $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I can scrounge together enough cash to grab a Lite + LA on the same day. Will be comfy. Turquoise for me.

>grey one has eye sores on the back
>no solid black, grey, or white models

The turkwise one reminds me of that blue GameStop edition of the Vita.

Source is Nintendo themselves in a financial report. Here, I'll spoonfeed you the data. Though "exclusively" was the wrong word, it's 80% or more of the time.

Attached: nintendo-switch-usage-1-1200x675-c.jpg (1200x675, 96K)

They have a solid grey one...

instead of switchlite
they should have called it switchless
hahah

Its fine I guess, I legitimately don't understand what people are upset about. Its a cheaper, portable only Switch, what the hell did you guys expect? Yea its a little weird that the main gimmick of the console (its the name for christ sake) is dropped but I don't see why its so much of an issue. If you want a dock buy a Switch, if you mainly play portable buy a lite

Attached: 1460950274427.gif (384x288, 388K)

>play in both modes outweights BOTH single docked and portable modes.

get wrecked, faggots.

Attached: Switch_Lite.png (1320x743, 583K)

Kind of annoyed. I understand the GBA reiterations lost features, as did DS's, but this is a main function.

see
and
What should they have done differently?

I honestly like the idea of a portable only switch, but this is the worst way they could have done it. The biggest issue is that its hardly any smaller and still doesnt fucking fit in your pocket. What's the fucking point, as is its just an inferior switch. At maximum it should be no bigger than the 3dsxl. But it's still bigger than that.

It would be more expensive than the base model, not a budget model if you want it to be that tiny.

They're still missing Red, Urnge, Green, and Blue from the food groups.

Its 200 dollars

Thats it thats literally the entire point. Its a cheaper switch so a bunch of people who haven't gotten a Switch yet but might get it for that "one" game (pokemon, animal crossing,ect) will have a cheaper option.

It's a way for Nintendo to "drop" the price of the Switch while making even more money from it. Instead of reducing the price of the normal model, they've stripped core features and produced something that defies the name of the console.

It's a budget choice for parents. Anyone else who buys it is very poor and / or a fool.

Also kids. Lot easier to talk Mommy into a 200 dollar tablet game thing than a 300 dollar one and it still plays all the actually relevant games.

Hahahhha.Truly a jew move.

>already a Switch model that cant play 1 2 Switch
Thank fucking God.

It's unfortunate the nature of the 3DS, DS and Wii U mean that to properly play all those game you'd need to carry the dual screen gimmick forward.
So nintendo focusing fully on the Switch with a single screen makes me feel like we'll lose chance of cool stuff from there being ported for the future or being carried forward properly.

You're wrong. I have a regular Switch, but I hate playing it in handheld mode, because I don't feel it's designed well for that. I make enough money where spending $200 for a second Switch that I can use exclusively in handheld mode makes sense for me. If the original Switch had been undockable from the beginning it wouldn't have made a difference. You think you're smart, but you're not.

So I'm guessing the pro is going to be docked only? Lite is for complete portability and comfort (dunno if it will be because they didnt bother adding grips), normal switch for portability and a little more power (best of both worlds) , and pro for people who want a switch that can actually run games decently and dont really use portable mode.

Nintendo's gotta be aware of this and encouraging it since they've made it so you can have multiple systems signed into one account, it's just that your secondary systems need constant online access to use your shit.

I-is that the limited edition Sword and Shield Switch Lite? Jesus it looks fucking ugly. I think I'll just get a plain colored one instead. Damn, was really hoping it'd look cool but that looks terrible. I hate how one side is blue and the other side is red. Disgusting. Shitty pencil looking drawing on the back as well, just looks like they put very little effort into it.

So question here, since it's a console rerelease will it have an option to just sync accounts with the main one? Basically have to wipe my accounts and resynch them every time I wanna use the handheld over the other cause all my games are digital. It's not an actual issue for me, I'm just curious about it. I am buying one but not opening it at all waiting for hacking to take it.

The decision doesn't matter, Nintendo fans will buy it even if it's literal shit.
When the Switch released I remember discussing with some zealots that the hybrid idea was awful, and they said it was a key component of the console. Now this version gets announced and they preach the fact that it's not a hybrid anymore.
And the games, oh boy:
>Odyssey was bland as fuck
>Nintendo fans wouldn't touch BotW with a five foot stick if it wasn't an excluisve on the Switch. It doesn't even look like Zelda anymore.
>Smash is not that good and the online is pure trash
>Paid online
>Rehashes and ports
>Pokemon SwSh looks like literal shovelware. Seriously it looks like pure trash
>The console has been dead since December last year and we got more delays
Why did I even buy this thing?

Attached: Pillow.gif (320x320, 581K)

Just wait for a third party Lite like a Monster Hunter edition.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

>didn't like odyssey
>isn't excited for astral chain, fire emblem, mario maker, luigi's mansion,animal crossing and DxM

cringe and bluepilled

Wouldn't that require another MH game coming out for the Switch?

Get over it you mass-quoting faggot. Pokemon Sword and Shield will get 10 million+ lifetime sales, and that's on the lower end. It'll be in the top 5 best selling Switch games within the year.

Attached: 1444334508612.jpg (512x358, 46K)

Behind every anime picture is sissy shitposter

Only interesting thing in there is Luigi's Mansion 3.
The rest looks from mediocre to garbage.
>Unironically liking Mario Maker and Three Houses
Lmao

Nintendo have just done a Microsoft and abandoned the Switch's initial vision like the Kinect. Nintendo always do dumb shit, it's expected.

>Why did I even buy this thing?
You didn't. Odyssey is great btw.

How did they abandon it if the flagship Switch is and always will be available?

*ahem*
FUCK CONSOLES AND FUCK CONSOLENIGGERS

I did. I have 115- hours in BotW and 200+ in Smash.
Odyssey is the worst 3D Mario game by far.

I was just pitching something that I know has produced a nice special edition console

If a Final Fantasy came out for Switch with an SE you know it'd be nice

This model drops features of the old model but not simply a basic version like a midrange phone its a new console and a signal that this this is what to expect going forward. TV-Output is finished.

>TV-Output is finished.
I doubt it.

I'm the same way and would be fine with no docked if they fixed the problem with some games running like ass in handheld mode, but I really fucking doubt that so having the option to dock it is important.

Fair enough. Pic related is still my baby, after all.

Attached: 2gcb6bp.jpg (600x449, 49K)

>buying an unhackable switch
What's the point?

It is for people who want to switch from ps vita.

So I can play Smash online without being banned.

this
you can't it without the joycon rail AT THE MOMENT, so if things change, you can't screen cap this and say "hurrrrr i tuld u SO!".

>Have that
>But a lot of the paint has chipped off

i'm a zoomer that's leaving for uni soon so i might pick this up at chrismas or something to play animal crossing and smtv, maybe astral chain. those series are better on portables and handheld mode always irked me for some autistic reason, i think it's because it's so wide. the only downside to that is that i never got a ps4 so my options for playing modern fightan are pc or switch, i even got the stupid pro controller for that shit which i guess would go mostly unused if i do get the lite. regardless my situation seems too specific to be general but i guess people getting something personal after using a family thing might want to pick this up.

Attached: 1551514812296.jpg (695x982, 663K)

Nintendo making a dumb move? that's not new.