*destroys steam in your path*

*destroys steam in your path*

Attached: 245px-Epic_games_store_logo.png (245x374, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/
epicgames.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go Epic!

>burns trough their money reserves during the process

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14 Epic is paying through the nose for Epic Game Store exclusives, says Rebellion (960x591, 70K)

Go away chink shill

Really? When?

hi gabe
bye gabe

Attached: 1552056218440.png (472x555, 482K)

Attached: 1562408953548.jpg (283x178, 6K)

RIP Brendan

Epic is a ripoff steam with Chinese spyware built in it that probably sends all your info about your favorite trap loli hentai to the Chinese gov.

>thinking epic will ever run out of money
Epic's "money reserves" is literally the entire state of China. They aren't going to be running out.

>20 free indie games from Epic so far
>zero dollars spent on Epic so far
>absolutely no chance I'll ever buy an indie game from Epic because every indie game on the store is so likely to be in a future giveaway

Attached: free epic shit.png (856x619, 73K)

>Get's all of your data sent to the Chinese gov
But hey at least you got free indie games.

You've already paid with your personal info, nothing's free
謝謝

Attached: _105642341_gettyimages-1074342502.jpg (660x371, 27K)

lol. What data? I went to the Epic Games web site, signed in with the email address which I only use for video games, and clicked a button to get games for $0.00 (no credit card required). I haven't even downloaded the Epic launcher yet, and when I do, it will be on a computer used only for video games. What fucking data do you think they have, or could even get?

suffice to say, brendan was a retard. still felt bad for him when he died.

>he thinks you need said launcher for them to spy on your data when you're claiming "free games" from them
if you're not a complete troglodyte, /g/ could enlighten you before you talk out of your ass

>What fucking data do you think they have, or could even get
Your passwords, your account names, your e-mail addresses, your ISP, your location, your name, your date of birth and logs of all the stupid shit you've said and done over the internet, also ties to other websites, services and media linked with your phone and shit
you are their fucking property, you ignorant idiot

Give me one (1) example of information they can "steal" from me in this scenario, aside from my email address (don't care) and my IP address (don't care).

>Your passwords,
How? You think I have them saved in my browser or something?
>your account names,
See above.
>your e-mail addresses,
See above.
>your ISP, your location,
So my IP address, wow so scary.
>your name, your date of birth and logs of all the stupid shit you've said and done over the internet
Only if they get that information from third parties, which they could have done without me ever signing in to their site. None of this shit has anything to do with me going to the Epic web site. It's not like my computer stores all of that stuff and literally uploads all that data to each and every individual site I visit. If they want my data, they probably had it before I ever made an Epic Games account.
>also ties to other websites, services and media linked with your phone and shit
So you think I visit the site on my phone with saved log-in credentials for Facebook and stuff. Okay.

Attached: epic.jpg (1000x640, 164K)

I literally forget this exists when there isn't a thread up in the catalog.

Jesus christ you're a fucking moron
every single thing you do on the internet leaves a trail, your mouse movement even if you don't click anything, can be traced back, you don't have to manually save anything for it to be graspable
>so my IP address
no, your internet service provider and your location, as in, the place you buy your internet connection from, what form of connection, how fast, also the location where this connection is routed to, the place where you live
And jesus fucking christ are you stupid to think that you're in no way binded to Epic if you've just claimed games from them, that's like saying you're not in any way shape or form, part of the society you live in, having your living expenses paid by societal welfare, using societal services to keep yourself alive and using the services for self amusement.

When the world ever goes to shit, your kind of moutbreathers are first ones to die off, I've never seen someone as stupid as you, holy fuck.

>Company has ties with the Chinese gov.
*Cough* huawei *cough* Epic Games

reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/

Shopping cart.

You seem to have missed the point of my post. Yes, there are companies out there which buy and sell people's personal data, aggregated from years of internet use. They have your data. They have my data. But the data was not uploaded from my computer to epicgames.com when I logged in to their web site to grab my free copy of Torchlight. If Epic Games has acquired any of my personal data, they got it through means other than the interaction between my web browser and their web server. Saying I've suddenly been exposed just because I visited a web site without any cookies in my browser is beyond retarded. My data was out there already. So is yours, even if you think you're some elite hacker who knows how internet privacy works.

Epic games have ties with the Chinese gov so they probably collect as much of info on you as they can without you noticing..

This kills the chinkshill

What program is that?

Playnite

Nice thanks

>the Chinese government can't get your personal data unless you happen to visit epic games dot com
lmao

No wait, you guys are totally right, this makes perfect sense:
>have total privacy, with no trace of online activities
>no company even knows my name or my address
>visit epic games dot com slash store
>suddenly the entire history of everything I've done online, as well as all of the personal details of my life, are magically revealed to china
I mean, clearly I didn't fucking exist and my personal data wasn't available for purchase until the Epic Games Store web server logged an HTTPS request from my PC. You guys are so smart, not having Epic Games accounts, because making an Epic Games account with a throw-away email address is obviously the only way for Epic Games to get all of your personal data.

Tencent also wants to see ROI you know? Epic won't be making money off their store until they stop paying for exclusives. And this is when they will really see if their gamble has paid off. They can't be buying out exclusivity for ever so in the end it doesn't really matter if they have unlimited amount of money or not.

Their pain, my gain. Still have no plans on buying shit in their store, and just get the free shit... I don't trust them with my credit card number. Honestly I don't care. It's another annoying service that I have.
>Use Ubishit cause they force their shitty loader (open through Steam via add non steam game)
>Use Origin cause they gave away free games for 5 years then eventually started selling some stuff at steam prices (Open in steam via add non steam game)
>Use Blizzard launcher cause they force it
>Use Epic for free shit because china wants to force their stuff on everyones PC. (Open in steam via add non steam game)
99% of the time I buy off a 3rd party bundler site that gives keys. I only get pissed about shit like Rockstar launcher or Bethesda launcher.

Attached: nervouscat.jpg (720x726, 76K)

Talking more about the launcher not the webpage since it HTTPS.

HOW WILL STEAM EVER RECOVER

Man still shit after 5 years

Wake up sheeple

To be honest I already had the launcher cause of F2P Unreal Tournement (which is pretty good).
Its not a bad thing if someone breaks steams stranglehold, but Tencent has said and done shit that makes me not trust them and be willing to just pass on an exclusive. There was some article where they were saying shit about how the customer doesn't have a choice and they will come around.

Attached: crying.jpg (800x800, 69K)