*ahem*

*ahem*

Your smash dlc list, sir.

Attached: 4F5F1205-A070-4A96-97CE-9782F7FE5917.jpg (3001x1741, 835K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gP83mYy3nPw
pastebin.com/Z6vXQrFp
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCnejyFDZ8w
youtube.com/watch?v=ybB1fpE8maY&t=6m21s
gamerant.com/famed-developers-impressions-resident-evil-revelations/
youtube.com/watch?v=NFd9fOngHVw
twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?lang=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomguy
doom.fandom.com/wiki/Doom's_protagonists
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
twitter.com/JonComms/status/1149842127792332801
twitter.com/JonComms/status/1056913636525043712
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1057270899957776384
wikimon.net/Agumon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: finaldlc.png (1980x1113, 1.96M)

Replace Jill with Dante, or at least an iconic character from Resident Evil

>all third-party
It's shit.

Both shit. Give me something original for once.

Attached: 1562101753248.jpg (2730x3640, 1.7M)

> 3rd Best selling Sega Franchise that originated on the NES
> 12 Billion dollar RPG franchise that originated on the NES
> Surrogate Nintendo character that originated on the N64
> Mascot of a Multi-Billion dollar franchise that's appeared on every Nintendo console since the N64
> Faceless main character from a literal who game that sold like shit & has no relevance towards Nintendo

>implying the whole pass won't be third-party

They are inevitable.

Attached: finalduo.png (1099x449, 876K)

Attached: Reimu Smash.png (1200x813, 1.22M)

> 3rd Best selling Sega Franchise that originated on the NES
You mean the 8th?

Attached: 20190714_004206.jpg (1478x1785, 987K)

>Crash
>Dante
here's your last two DLC characters.

Close but no cigar

Attached: smash.png (1120x625, 1.09M)

No

name one other series on that list that originated on the NES

Based

Actually believable, jesus christ at Doom every other list.

How's it look?

Attached: 4 and 5.png (495x459, 280K)

>Jill Valentine

fucking based

Attached: JillSubway.jpg (1024x614, 77K)

So who's it gonna be?

Leon makes way more sense IMO

Attached: maxresdefault - 2019-07-13T160717.295.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Jill is the only RE character that makes sense besides the Villains, she is not the one we are getting (most likely), but she is the best option, and the one we should get!

Give me the microphone.
Listen up.
I'm sick and tired of all you rosterfags runnin' your smash drama
Every single day you come out here, you make the same damn posts "He’s in" this, "never ever" that.
Well guess what I'm gonna do.
I'm gonna take my mouse
(WHAT?)
I'm gonna click on the reply button
(WHAT?)
I'm gunna start typing in the reply box
(WHAT?)
I said I'm gunna start typing in the reply box
(WHAT?)
I'm gunna call you a faggot
(WHAT?)
A brawl loving retard
(WHAT?)
An autist
(WHAT?)
A no good fat son of a bitch
(WHAT?)
I'm gonna solve that captcha
(WHAT?)
The one with the fire hydrants
(WHAT?)
The one with the stoplights
(WHAT?)
The one with the crosswalks
(WHAT?)
The one with the cars
(WHAT?)
The one with the mountains and hills
(WHAT?)
The one with the busses
(WHAT?)
The one with the statues
(WHAT?)
The one with the tractors
(WHAT?)
The one with the STOREFRONTS
(WHAT?)
I'm gonna click submit
(WHAT?)
I said I'm gonna click submit
(WHAT?)
I'm gunna shitpost your feed
(WHAT?)
Send all you cringey sons of bitches home
(WHAT?)
I said I'll send you back
(WHAT?)
AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE
(WHAT?)
CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO

Attached: ADB5CAFF-66FA-4EC0-B011-CDC26E5A31F4.jpg (394x245, 18K)

I could see both getting in, one being the other's alt

Here’s your next DLC fighter.

Attached: 096926BC-16D4-4346-8194-0EE980E1E4BF.jpg (4000x2232, 2.01M)

literally Puyo Puyo

Attached: Famimaga Disk Vol. 5 - Puyo Puyo-2.png (256x224, 4K)

inb4 that one user gay for chris comes in and derails this thread

Based in resent Third party guess, is Leon, which I don't hate, RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time, and it makes sense. He is the most popular character right now among the fans, and it would sell well, he is also a veteran, so it's not like is a pure shill pick.

It SHOULD be Jill, not only for the legacy, but also the moveset. As bad as that brainwatch plot was on RE5, it did give her the most acrobatic moveset among the heroes of RE, so, mixed that moveset (which, I know is the MvC3 moveset) with her weapons on MvC2 and some new moves here and there, and she feels just like home in Smash. I guess Leon can borrow he MvC2 moveset, with some of Chris's moveset, and they can make them work, but just for the canon that RE% (sadly) gave us, it's more easy for me to picture Jill in Smash.

Besides, again, she deserves the spot, but I can't be truly mad a Leon. I do wonder if there is hope for more heroes alts, is weird to mix Leon with Jill instead of Clare, but maybe we can get them all. Leon, Chris, Jill and Clare, all as alts. Kind of a pipedream, but I can hope.

the final character for Smash Ultimate, potentially the final Smash game, will be someone Way bigger than fuckin Crash
Like, Batman or Master Chief level

Sorry sweetie, Sakurai said no echo fighters.

Attached: 1562813166807.png (582x646, 752K)

Not bad, moveset wise Terry is not my favorite pick from SNK for a Smash setting, but I can't be mad at it. Ryu will always be based.

Right now I am to deep on the idea of the Namco's and Capcom's reps, but I am fully aware that it's just speculation, so Ryu for Tecmo for me is like... a third very likely option, among the Japanese companies at least. SNK, not so sure, the deserve it, but I don't know how much hype they can make among the mainstream audience, and Nintendo may want to go to a more sure Company on a local level, like Level 5, which even if am not than interested on, it's quiet the logic pick from a business point of view. Even if their characters don't make a splash in the west, just like with Hero, they would make their money worth in Japan.

Jill because like Simon Belmont she's literally the series mascot & protagonist of the entire series

Attached: VideoGameMascors.png (1535x1136, 149K)

I am fully prepared to ignore him this time around.
A life time of Metroid threads have prepare me to deal with his kind.

>he wants a resident evil rep that isn't nemesis

This is the equivelent of Alucard being added instead of Simon, it's never gonna happen

>thinking cringe souls has a chance

>not in the first game
Lol!

Look, I want Jill, but adding Leon makes just as much sense as adding Cloud instead of the Warrior of Light, or Joker instead of Jack Frost or the nameless kid from Persona 1.

Leon has a long Legacy, and the Remake of 2 put him in the radar. Again, is not what I personally like, but there is really no arguments against him, is just a question as to how Sakurai decide to represent the franchise if he is given the chance.

Just like how we got Warrior of Light in Smash instead of Cloud? Or the DQ1 Hero? The "First/original game" rule doesn't exist for franchises that don't have a clear protagonist.

Attached: Dissidia_Warrior_of_Light.png (816x1403, 930K)

I had no idea that Final Fantasy started at VII or Persona at V. This is my opinion on the matter

Same. There's no point arguing with his kind

I heard the DLC was already decided on before the game released is this true?

Imagine seething this hard

Ok so it’s basically between Jill and Leon or some combination for capcom/resident evil rep and then either a namco rep (lloyd, heihachi, chooser undead etc...) or someone big like doomslayer or crash.

Anyone honestly think we will get something out of left field instead.

Yes

Mind explaining who the fuck that's supposed to be?

Hey guys, what’s going on in this thread?

Attached: A8F4BD78-B39B-405C-8EE6-BCA49BA23013.jpg (1280x1000, 117K)

I can live with this.

LEON AND CRASH
>LEON AND CRASH
LEON AND CRASH
>LEON AND CRASH
LEON AND CRASH

Attached: 1563039623785.png (900x700, 685K)

>Jill
>Is a perfect mix between her moveset of MvC 2 and 3
>FS is Tyrant beating the shit out of the opponent and ending with a Rocket Launcher barrage
Fuck me I would love that

Attached: 1459702140141.gif (320x240, 1.98M)

>get fucking told from all sides
>"s-seething!"

Attached: 1557129612398.png (953x1282, 495K)

Me
Everyone putting all their eggs in the mii costume theory basket is bound to get dissapointed

It’s great but it really makes Joker stick out, doesn’t seem as strong as the other picks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HEROBROS. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!!?!? SLIMES THE MASCOT NONONONONONONO WE CAN'T GET IN NOW

Based

I think the out of field pick was Banjo.

Attached: IMG_20190616_212542.jpg (1960x1109, 1.67M)

you dorks are getting DARK MARIO and theres nothing u can do about it... heheh

Attached: C1d9a495-5986-42eb-a3d9-4518fa395b49.png (393x466, 123K)

Not if the metal chad gets in first

Attached: ClluqDzUoAA8aGc.png (1200x1200, 1.05M)

Who?

Attached: 1559738711275.png (782x821, 771K)

Weird how they’ve never met

I wasn't the only kid stupid enough to try all the fake cheats to unlock him in 64 right?

The way they still revealed Banjo even though he's blanked out on the site gives me the feeling we're gonna get the last two revealed at once in like sept/oct when they're most likely gonna be in a showable state

I have said this before, Persona is a niche franchise that's true (A Big one among Niche franchises, but still Niche), but ATLUS as a developer/studio, is a big deal. So for them to be involved in Smash, it was just a matter of time.

And here in the west, Persona is their Flagship IP (To not speak of it's popularity in Japan), so I don't there was any other option. And, even though Joker stand put among the current Persona's MC, I do wish we could have a way to know if he will pass the text of time once future entries are release. In any case, as I said, a Persona rep was the logical choice from Atlus, and I surely rather Joker over Teddie or just Morgana in that regard.

Haha. Of course... Only one..

Smash is the perfect opportunity

Attached: giphy.gif (245x250, 1.53M)

If Ammy got in I wouldn't even care who the other slot went to. Steve, Goku, Spongebob, whatever. I'd be satisfied.

Attached: amaterasu_10.jpg (800x800, 135K)

Weird how Capcom erase her of the current timeline after 5... Seriously Capcom, WHERE IS SHE?!

8 better star Jill or else i'm gonna flip

>*blocks your path*

Attached: 1562023805527.png (1080x731, 796K)

I wish.

Attached: fighters pass v1.png (1980x1114, 1.98M)

Jill is arguably as iconic as Leon and would also get additional sales as waifubait.

based and wrightpilled

Attached: 4e3.gif (220x274, 302K)

Crash B. And Doomguy/slayer

this would be so based
i want souls in smash so bad

Stop using doomguy/slayer as shield reimu niggers. She's actually a never ever, she's fucking nothing in the west and the east doesnt even want her in. Fuck off already.

Attached: thirdsqueenix.png (1980x1113, 2.95M)

Leon's more connected to Nintendo

No way fag.

I will be honestly, is not as much as I believe the Mii costume theory, but more of a thing that, in one hand I do want a second Namco rep (I know It had to be Pacman, but he is the one of those characters I couldn't care less) and the fact that.... Well I just think we are getting a new Capcom rep.

Their isn't a more weak made up rule than the one of "X companny has to many reps", so I just ignore that one, and then, yeah, Capcom loves to bring their IPs for Smash, that much is sure, so working with them isn't hard. And finally, nombers and popularity. Is really hard to screw up a Capcom rep, their more Niche picks would be Amateratsu, Phoenix Wright and Morrigan, that for the Niche side. And then, on the popular side, Dante, the Monster Hunter or a Resident Evil rep? Arguably you can't go wrong with Capcom.

So yeah, a Namco rep may be just as likely as an SNK, Level 5 or Tecmo rep, but Capcom is a more sure bet, even if it's just speculation at the moment.

Wrestling's dead lol

Attached: smash fighter pack.png (1200x675, 968K)

>Still pushing this shit
Fuck off Falseflagger

>Stop using doomguy/slayer as shield
It can't possibly be that people like more than one franchise.
>the east doesnt even want her in
Let me guess, you're basing this on cherrypicked 5ch posts.

Fuck off back to your discord, None of the characters you guys use (Reimu, Doomguy, Leon, Phoenix Wright, Otis) Are allied or fighting.

It’s funny because Reimu is way more realistic.

Actually, he isn't, he is still the most likely, but the Nintendo conection is not argument.

RE4 wasa Nintendo exclusive for less than a year, the game wasn't even out on gamecube yet and the ps2 port was already announced. RE6, for better of for worst is just being released on a Nintendo console this year, and Remake 2 isn't even likely to come on a Nintendo console for a couple of gens at least.

Remake was a Nintendo exclusive for almost 13 years, and even if the exclusivity was short lived, Revelation is one of the best 3DS games out there. Jill also make it into Project x Zone before Leon. Revaltions was also the first RE game to make it to Switch, follow by Remake.

Again, this is not an argument, right now, Leon makes more sense by his popularity alone, but, the Nintendo point goes on Jill's favor, even if just by a little.

dark souls is more famous than your waifu

>central protagonist of one of Bamco's best-selling IPs in the iconic armor design of one of the most influential games released in the past decade
ftfy

> Literal who Franchise that only sold 5 million copies
> More famous than a multi billion dollar media franchise that everyone in the world has heard about before

>attempting this rationalization after persona and banjo-kazooie were added instead of fortnite or some shit

Not him, and I don't doubt that the older IP has sold more at this point. But a, Touho is only bring up on this hell hole that it's Yea Forums, no real people actually bring that up for Smash, Japanese players want nothing to do with it, and your sales argument means nothing on the same Season pass that includes Joker and Banjo.

Heck, if it's for sales, Ryu should have been added before Megaman, and Leon/Jill before than both of them.

You know that guy is talking about Jill, right?

I confuse him with the Reimu fag. It's late on my time zone. Just pretend I didn't say a thing.

Mega Man is Capcom’s Mascot
Banjo has been arguably the most requested newcomer since Melee by both Japan & North America
MegaTen is the 3rd best selling Sega Franchise behind Puyo Puyo & Sonic
Touhou is factually bigger than Doraemon & Detective Conan in Japan (See Picture)
Souls shit is utterly irrelevant, Namco doesn’t give a shit about it & never includes it any of there crossover all star games

Attached: A60F7DDC-1E65-4A5B-88A2-71B4F4540882.jpg (640x839, 201K)

FUCK demons and FUCK youkai

Attached: 1560407304341.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

>posts epic meme linegraph without the thing he's arguing against on it
If you realize you're wrong, why are you still talking?

Cope, Yuri will be the next newcomer.

Attached: 2A1511F6-CF80-47F3-8BDA-65BB5111325D.jpg (580x800, 241K)

> Google, the most used application of all time
> Not a measure of relevancy & popularity
> Literal who internet forums & meme buzzwords are
The absolute state of Smashfags

>Namco doesn’t give a shit about it.

And yet, every time Miyazaki says he is done with the series, Namco stars to rush a game that could take it's place... then when it fails, they beg Fromsoftware to make a new one.

>> Literal who internet forums & meme buzzwords are
This is what got Ridley, K Rool and Banjo in Smash, never forget.

it should've been this

Attached: 5.png (1170x610, 439K)

Waking up
Breaking out
This is what it's like to be free
Rip it up
Tear it down
This is what it means to be free

Attached: 1555618278461.png (692x521, 393K)

goalpost shift noticed

so many of you are almost getting it right

Attached: 1562637426775.jpg (1987x1138, 608K)

i would love ammy but it's just not possible

who?

Sakurai thought that Lloid, with two Swords and his fan demand was a boring pick, and now Hero just took all the JRPG tricks of the book for his moveset. What in the bloody hell could a Tales Of rep, let olone Yuri, add to make him stand out at this point?

Wait, so I was right? It was a Jill supporter or a Reimu fag? The replies I just got have me confuse!

Nah I would say Joker was the out of field pick.
Banjo was actually heavily requested.

The post you replied to is about Jill and RE.
The user replying to you is arguing your points about Touhou.

Attached: .jpg (670x960, 214K)

It's not that out of Field when you stop to think about ATLUS and their place in the market. They are not only a big developer in Japan, but they are also an important publisher and distributor for the west. Even without Persona 5 on the Switch, keepig a good relationship with ATLUS and their IPs on Smash, makes just as much sense as with Square Enix and the other Third Party companies to that point.

Microsoft on the other hand doens't have any big plans for Switch, just Minecrft and indie games, at least on the near future (rumors like a Master Chief collection were just killed recently), and with anything major from Microsoft already on the Switch, there isn't much to grow out of their relationship for now. Banjo was a gift for the fans, but, looking as to how both companies have talk about the deal, nothing major for either Microsoft or Nintendo.

That's why I think Banjo will be the weird one of the Season pass, the rest of the characters, even if turn out to be Fan Favorite, will most likely be from more comercial franchises at the moment, like Joker is for Atlus with Royal coming, and Hero for Square with DQ XI.

even Japan doesn't want 2hu in Smash

how would they handle dark souls weapon switching in smash? replace his taunts?

Down B like transformation characters or maybe shield + B like Inkling's refill

Ryu Hayabusa and Geno

Attached: 1552114106700.jpg (397x400, 37K)

Here's your final DLC. Is Sakurai based or what?

Attached: Fighter_Pass_4_5.jpg (1980x1114, 1.08M)

Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Slayer.

Attached: 98FAC202-B84D-4576-8285-696224140BD0.png (1200x813, 1.39M)

Attached: Master Chief Smash bros.png (1200x813, 1.36M)

Both of you, stop. I am sure the last two characters will be good, but there is no way in well they can be THAT good. You are just teasing my emotions.

I can really only hope for Amaterasu but I'm not holding my breath. Phoenix Wright'd be cool too.

Attached: Amaterasu_main_artwork.png (1222x948, 894K)

It's gonna be Jill and Chris.

Attached: jill-and-chris-resident-evil-34767552-900-668.jpg (900x668, 140K)

>No Pure Furies
>Putting in the worst Final Stage Boss fight in the list, so bad it needed two rearrangement to make it tolerable
>songs composed by TasoFro team instead of Shanghai Alice team
>Meme song from Meme character

Attached: Stare Alice.png (433x551, 92K)

I'm not paying 5 fucking dollars for a sandwich.

Guys you remember the Ridley trailer with Megaman getting fucking impaled? Well what if Doomguy's trailer is a continuation of the Ridley trailer but RIDLEY gets impaled by Doom Guy's grappling hook from his super shotgun?

Attached: D5_ymDrXkAE4LEg.jpg (680x482, 117K)

All the video-game characters I want are already in which leaves me stuck with a never ever anime character and and even more never ever western cartoon character.

why did people turn on doom

One of those better be Spongebob

Competition is getting rough. Also there aren't many reps left that make logical left promotional wise. Also Nu-Doom is likely also why.

Because Yea Forums is just a website of contrarians.

It has being a dog eats dog world ever since the Sora vs Erdrick and the Banjo vs Steve wars ended.

I honestly think the only one that makes "sense" right now is RE, hence why so many people, including me, are supporting it, and even so, we have no real evidence to do so.

got too popular

youtube.com/watch?v=gP83mYy3nPw

Attached: Master_Chief_in_Halo_3.png (300x459, 164K)

Wasn't Nintendo France gonna give out Hero news?

I don't think very late 2019 ports really justify the possibility of Smash inclusion. Doom on the other hand has gotten promotion from Nintendo before Smash Bros. was even announced and still is to this day.

I think the possibility of a RE rep is extremely slim. Hell I don't think we're even getting another Capcom rep.

I want Doomguy in Smash but the promotion shit doesn't fly as an argument when Joker and Banjo got in

i think Banjo could still get RR on Switch, Joker still got that shitty spinoff too.

Hey it worked for the DQ squad didn't it? What if it's the same situation but as a way to market Doom to Japanese Smash fans?

This. Shooty gunny ResiEvil lady never ever. Wright is right.

Attached: 017.gif (256x192, 80K)

Rare Replay is coming to Switch according to Sabi

Dark Souls is CONFIRMED

Wouldn't that mean they'd have to reveal Doomguy with a Japanese/universal appeal character as well?

Spongebob wouldn't have a moveset, I want son goku and twilight sparkle.

Except it'd mean Nintendo would promote that stuff post-Banjo reveal
They could literally promote the character's games after they're announced so any prior info is meaningless

Resident Evil has the same amount of connection to Nintendo, and more, that you people push as the main reason for why Phoenix Wright should be in.
He's not going to get in, just accept reality.
And no, it's not another Banjo situation.

That's why Ryu Hayabusa is gonna be in as well.

>Spongebob wouldn't have a moveset
Excuse me? Have you not played Battle for Bikini Bottom or the movie adaptation game? Have you not seen the Cruise Bubble or the Bubble Bowl? Sonic Wave Guitar? Bash? And there's plenty of shit from the show: jellyfish nets, karate chopping, ripping pants, using his spatula, tossing Krabby Patties, etc.
Goku's just another lame brawler with energy moves that you weebs are too fond of.
>wants Twilight Sparkle

I'm still upset the Sega rep was fucking Joker and not Kiryu.

Except if Rare Replay is coming on the Switch according to rumors and its something Nintendo wants to promote, it'd reinforce the relevancy argument

Is Ninja Gaiden even big in Japan?
No, it's not. NOTHING is confirmed about who the last 2 are. I wish you people would stop saying shit like this.

Here is the logic with RE, and again, I said this with no evidence.

First, I know Banjo defeated Steve, but when we are talking about long running and actually beloved franchises, brining up sales isn't out of place: Capcop top 5 best selling franchises are RE, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Megaman and DMC, in that order. Three of them are already on Smash, and RE still surpass them by a lot.

Legacy, popularity, sales, relevancy, moveset potential (thanks MvC), even history with Nintendo, RE checks all the mark, and lets be real, of all the made up rules we make, the one of a company having to much content already is the weakest, if anything it only proves that Capcom is an easy company to work with.

So yeah, a RE rep is guarantee to make people happy and sell some good numbers, not to mention headlines, at face value, with the franchise being so popular both in Japan and the West, it makes more sense than all the season pass so far.

Again, we don't have real evidence to work with, but yeah, with how easy is to work with Capcom for Smash content, the success of Remake 2 (and the fact the DLC was negotiated during it's development), and the interest of Capcom of keeping the hype train going for Remake 3 and RE8 (almost confirmed, both of them, plus the Switch ports) in a similar way than ATLUS with P5 Royal and Square with DQ XI... yeah, RE seems like a very safe bet. Not a guarantee, but as speculation, it's a very decent one.

Where would your most wanted be on this banner.

Attached: Ultimate_Current_Banner.jpg (3667x680, 677K)

Patrician taste. However, I do require pic related as an alt.

Attached: AC4B97BB-5302-49D8-A21F-81330673E839.jpg (416x896, 51K)

Doom Slayer would probably be above Metaknight pointing his shotgun at Ridley.

Literal who souls will never be in

>main reason for why Phoenix Wright should be in
Nah. The main reason is that I want him in and therefore he should be in.

Attached: 001.jpg (575x603, 35K)

Why do people keep posting anti-hype shit like Dark Souls and RE?
God I hope the fighter pass doesn't end up with two disappointing newcomers.

Oh so Phoenix Wright fags are egotistical too.
Nice to know.

>being a Barneyfag
>2019
Drink bleach

Honestly I just want this Final Smash.

Attached: 2b231e6ae2501e12fe3aec93dd5a66561497056803_full.png (534x390, 186K)

UMVC3 already ruined the novelty of having him in a fighting role. He would be boring. Fuck off.

Can someone compare sales and OC?
Hell, didn't some Team Ninja producer said he wants Kasumi?

replace Jill with Porky and we have a perfect lineup

Any relevant or popular video game character can be in. Nintendo chooses the characters; not Capcom or any other company. There is no precedence for Resident Evil getting in over Ace Attorney (and vice versa), as both are alive franchises which are released on Nintendo platforms.
You can argue who should be in or shouldn't. I just prefer Nick because he's a unique non-combatant who is oozing with a personality and charm unseen in Smash, and would bring some of the greatest tunes in gaming along with him.
Also, this man () is based and correct. I want Wright because I like Wright; you like Leon/Chris/Jill because you like RE. Truth is, nothing is concrete till there is official evidence of it.
All rosterfags are egotistical because we're battling over the vidya characters who impacted us the most in our lives to be faithfully and elegantly represented in the biggest vidya crossover of all time, and there's only two slots for them to possibly get in. Being loud is what got Banjo, K Rool and Ridley in at the end of the day, so we're just copying those strategies and hoping something happens.

Attached: pwleak.png (511x392, 42K)

Yohei Shimbori, the Producer of the DOA games in fact. His quote was that he hasn't spoke with Sakurai about Smash, and that if he could ask for a character it would be Kasume... yet again, he is the producer of DOA, and has only worked on DOA, I check that up, and he has never worked on Ninja Gaiden, so A, it makes sense that he would want Kasume, and B, there doesn't seem to be a reason to ask him about Ryu... if anything this just disconfirm Kasumi for Smash.

Klonoa and Huepow would be up by Luigi, Klonoa riding on his air board giving Huepow a high five.

It's just that, unlike those who want Dark Souls, or Resident Evil, or even DOOM, Phoenix Wright fags always come off as a bunch of pricks who feel like they're entitled to this. If Sakurai couldn't make Heihachi work, what makes you think he could make someone who only points and people and yells a fully fledged working character?

Based

when should we expect the next direct? and should we expect info on #4 or just banjo stuff if it's before he drops?

I imagine number 4 will get shown when more info on Banjo does.
I'd expect a direct with Smash Bros content in mid August maybe.

>always come off as a bunch of pricks who feel like they're entitled to this.
You new here?

No, I know Ashley fags and Shantae fags are like this to. It's just out of the recent batch, Phoenix Wright fags seem to be growing closer to filling that position.

He's in.

Attached: confirmed.jpg (225x225, 13K)

No, just honest. Face it, everyone here is like that. Give me one good reason why any of you are in this thread otherwise.

Attached: Animation_016.gif (960x640, 427K)

Wrightfags along with Ammyfags were barely a blip until recently. Always speculated, barely talked about.

Well, what other Smash character points at people and yells as a mean of attack? Not many, unless you want to count that one move of Wario's.
I do think you're diminishing what Phoenix is capable of. If you've enjoyed the Ace Attorney games, you know gameplay revolves around cross-examination, collecting/presenting evidence, objecting and turning the odds around when everything's against you. There's also gameplay gimmicks, and one in particular is Phoenix's Magatama, a truth-revealing artifact that wasn't explored at all in MvC3. These mechanics could be translated into Smash however Sakurai wishes, and it certainly is plausible; after all, a yoga instructor, a plastic toy, a dog and a duck, a home owner and a secretary are all playable characters. Intrepreting these mechanics into a Smash context is something that could certainly happen, and I've seen people craft movesets incorporating the narrative loop and mechanics in creative ways.
Phoenix's iteration in MvC3 was certainly an example of this, but in a platformer fighter with much different pace and mechanics, Sakurai and co. could give Nick a moveset befitting of the genre.
See my point in my previous post; everyone's egotistical about their character choices. We post in these threads to argue and to share what we want. If we didn't give a shit about what others wanted, we wouldn't be engaging in this conversation. I like shitposting about Phoenix 'cuz it's fun and I want other people to want him in too.

Attached: phoenix-coffee.gif (256x192, 4K)

I just think some ports that aren't even remasters or deluxe editions are not a good validation for a possible smash inclusion. I think that's just simple reaching in comparison to how much Doom Eternal is getting promotion this year.

I don't think Capcom would want Leon in Smash just to promote some low quality ports of games everyone has played. That's just stupid.

Attached: 002.gif (256x192, 19K)

I'm here because I was going to post how I want Crash and Leon Kennedy, not that I know they're in or that they're "confirmed."
You can support a character without being a faggot about it.

Don't kid yourself now, user.

>and I want other people to want him in too.
Okay but acting like faggots isn't going to make people want your character in, it's going to make people hate them.
Such is the case with Ashley, Waluigi, Bandana Dee, and Shantae.

Not him, but may as well give my argument agains't Phoenix. Though, I do realize he does have his following, he has a real (though for me no that likely) chance to get in, and I can at least be happy for his fans if he does.

The reason why Wright doesn't appeals to me (besides the fact I haven't played his games, of course) is because the moveset that MvC give us of him, doesn't seem to work at all for Smash. It depends on cinematic super, assists, constant
summons and the like, and when I try to remove al this aspects from his moveset for something more in the lines of Smash, it's just feels like a even more awkward version of Wii Fit Trainer. The fact that his Stage HAS to be the court room doesn't help it for me. Music would be pretty dope, I give you that.

I want this lad despite the low chances. We're likely not getting another Capcom character at all.

Attached: Top_10_Photos_Taken_Moments_B4_Disaster.png (445x428, 190K)

Nobody gonna post a template?

Why do people think that capcom will get a fourth rep when they have for the most part just ignored the Switch?

Is Dark Souls the new Minecraft of Smash Bros?

>*ahem*
Hourly reminder that Phoenix Wright will be in Smash Ultimate as the DLC Capcom rep, specifically as the 4th fighter in the Fighters Pass. Screencap this. Leonfags, Ammyfags and MHfags are cringe. Cope, seethe, dilate, have sex, cringe and bluepilled.
Have a good day, anons. Maybe one day all of our faves will be in.
And who says he'll use the MvC moveset? Like I said, it wouldn't be 1:1 at all, and there's tons more ways to interpret the AA gameplay into a fighting game. I think you'll learn to appreciate him a bit more if you play the games. They're some of the best narratives in gaming. Trilogy's not too pricy on the Switch. I'd say it's a good deal.

Attached: 1562842290091.jpg (1500x1221, 209K)

Because muh zombie shooter guy is big in Japan.

>when they have for the most part just ignored the Switch?
So?

>"stop being autistic about what characters you want in!"
>"But Wright will totally be in because I love him and Sakurai loves him and he's so perfect for Smash!"

There's a few of aspects of Ace Attorney that Mahvel didn't pick up on. Namely the use of the Magatama/Psychelocks which can easily work as his grabs.

This isn't what I ordered. I ordered pic related

Attached: dlc fighter pass2.jpg (1980x1112, 568K)

If digimon got a rep it will be Wargreymon and his final smash will either be Gaia Force or Omegamon

Because very obviously forced as fuck with no chance.

Most realistic expectations. Anything else is pushing it too far.

Last fighters are all confirmed third party so no geno.

Someone posted a full, fitting moveset in a recent thread that had little similarly to his Marvel one.

So why should Nintendo help their asses if they don't get anything in return? Hell at least ATLUS gave Nintendo a new Persona game. If Capcom doesn't want to make a new RE game for Switch they can fuck off.

Yeah, you're exactly the type of faggot I've been talking about.

What would his moves be? Digimon only have like two attacks, and he'd look weird firing titty missiles if you're going to try the "He can use his other digivolutions' moves" thing.

Geno is Square though. It'd be better to say he won't happen because Hero already did.

Nintendo are cuckolds and will actively put in characters with no history on their platforms and no new titles coming to their platforms, but still.

>new persona game
It's a shitty warriors spinoff, that pick was a joke, and the resulting character is also a joke
Anyone with anything resembling taste isn't even buying the fighter pass, it only has 1 good character anyway.

Nintendo Switch has been getting RE ports and just recently got the port for the original Devil May Cry.
It's more than the bullshit Atlus gave them.

>two attacks
I guess you don't play the games then.

Agumon has even less attacks

>joker
>representing SMT
sorry big man. it just ain’t the case

RE7 is on Switch in Japan. It's just exclusive there because they can stream it while burger internet is terrible.

You can't expect RE8 that quickly. You mean a spinoff like Persona Scramble? Either way there's plenty of Capcom on Switch; Hideaki Itsuno got DMC1 on there and wants DMC5 one of these days.

Naruhodo fags are autistic.

Attached: 34074619621_a47668a6e7_b.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

even as someone who really likes Digimon, fuck off with Agumon already

Digimon is most well known for the anime series, the "digital pet" shit became an afterthought as soon as the anime got popular, and there were only a handful of games after that.

>Some old unaltered ports with literally nothing new or changed are better than a brand new game.

You're fucking retarded if you think that's in anyway a good reason to have a character represented in Smash.

The ports are just a little extra, that don't hurt and even help RE chances, but they aren't the real argument.

I already express why having a new Capcom rep makes sense, is a company easy to work with, and even eager to do so, and their franchises are beloved and profitable, so there is next to not controversy to add some of their characters to the season pass, and instead a lot to gain by doing so.

And again, either RE8 or Remake 3 or another Spin Off, even Movies, Capcom is ALWAYS working in something RE related, it never pass much time before we heard of something of the like, so it's never a bad time to promote the franchise. The ports have nothing to do with this, even if Nintendo may take the chance to promote them if they have the chance.

Yes, Ace Attorney and Devil My Cry DO have chance to be in the season pass, but even combined they don't come close to the numbers of RE, and contrary to the long debate of Steve VS Banjo, there is next to no arguments agains't RE: Popular and beloved characters, high sales (Capcom best selling franchise in fact), popular both in the West and Japan, by multiple generations since the 90's, a legacy as a Survival Horror as big as DQ as JRPG, and a long history with Nintendo. They just check all the marks.

Capcom doesn't needs an excuse to promote RE, just as they didn't need one to promote Megaman or Ryu, they just promote RE because they make money of it, and there is no doubt it would work for them. Even without anything big announce yet, as I told you, there is always a RE product coming with them, and no doubts they will be more than happy to allow a RE character in Smash if it helps keep the hype going even after REmake 2.

I also think they would allow Phoenix Wright, and Dante, heck, even Amateratsu for that matter if Nintendo ask them for it, they are usually that chill in regards cameos and crossovers. But, as for what Nintendo wants, again, is HARD to argue agains't the benefits of a RE rep.

Lay it on to them White Gold Stone Cold Steve Austin!

So how many times would this playable Agumon have been DNA Digivolved with other mons?

even fewer attacks*

That was probably me. Here's a Pastebin link, for those interested:
pastebin.com/Z6vXQrFp

Attached: phoenix-deskslam.gif (256x192, 19K)

Digimon has more than digital pet games.

>ports from almost 2 decades ago
>more than severely cut down port of an upcoming ps4 release that is only coming to switch because the engine it's built on has a switch specific version and a new game that will not stay exclusive with an extremely high chance of day 1 multiplat making it a cut down version of the ps4 release

>port of a game that can only be streamed to a console entirely because capcom had no interest in creating a switch specific version of the game

So you're going to forget that Resident Evil has been on almost every mainline Nintendo console, right? And how big Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube was?

>everyone wanting the entire Capcom side of the Marvel vs Capcom series in Smash
Yaaawwwwwwn.

see It's funny how many of you like to just forget about Resident Evil's history with Nintendo solely because of the Switch.

I run out of characters hereBut still wanted to add:

This still JUST speculation, I am aware that a Capcom Rep, much less a RE one isn't a guarantee, but going by the facts, if we try to speculate, they do make a lot of sense, more even that all the characters in the season pass so far.

But still, is just Speculation.

Capcom just has a huge library of cool and iconic vidya characters, that's why we care so much

he was essentially a worse norimaru in MvsC3.
he can work, but there are far better picks to choose from.

Almost? Every single one since the N64 minus the GBA. Gameboy, Gamecube, Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii U and the Switch, all of them had a RE game.

>there is always a RE product coming with them, and no doubts they will be more than happy to allow a RE character in Smash if it helps keep the hype going even after REmake 2.

Yeah and the chances are that won't even be a Switch game. Nintendo gains nothing from that.

I don't know why people are like this, they just want to put cool characters in the game. They aren't trying to meet some aesthetic or company quota.

Good for them, but we already have all of them in anorther series so let's have some other companies' characters.

You're ignoring what I posted though, Capcom have actively worked to ignore the Switch as much as they can this generation only releasing ports, every single game that they've released has been a port with only 1 title being a current port, and that title wasn't even released physically in some regions. Why should Nintendo support a company that is moving their games off of Nintendo platforms.
>ace attorney
>monster hunter
>mega man
>resident evil
>street fighter
All IPs that Capcom have been moving away any significant support from Nintendo platforms

Good shit. Just needs a Turnabout gimmick.

Tell you something, they are ganing less with Joker on the mousu game than what they are making with the RE ports, and beyond the DLC sales, they will gain jack shit with Banjo.

For Nintendo, this is mostly to sell Ultimate and it's DLC, the only real promotion was Dragon Quest. If anything they are even promoting Sony's games with P5 Royal.

HE IS
INSIDE YOUR MOM
RIGHT NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCnejyFDZ8w

Attached: c_commando.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Or an evidence gimmick like MvC3. It's hard to think of just what he could have, there's so many cool options.

some people care more about representation than characters. They do it for free.

I just find it boring cramming all of one companies' characters into a game like Smash. LEt's have a couple more Namco characters and maybe an indie or two.

Again, you're ignoring Resident Evil's history with Nintendo solely because of the Switch. Also, explain Ken being in the base game.

Here's your based Namco rep.

Attached: PXZ_Haken_Browning.png (850x1150, 582K)

They gained a brand new Persona game by promoting Joker. Capcom has been ignoring to put out anything new on the Switch. So why should Nintendo put in a character to promote something that's not even coming to their system?

Who?

>>ace attorney
All the Trilogy available on the Swich.
>monster hunter
If they could run World on Swtich they would, and still, it's clear that any MH product they can port to the Switch they will.
>mega man
XI came up didn't it? alognside both the clasic and the X collection, where it sold the best on Switch.
>resident evil
Never left a Nintendo console, never was an exclusive either. Is a strong relation, only limited by Nintendo hardware.

>street fighter
Sony's fault, the put money on V, still, many SF games keep coming to Nintendo consoles, Switch included.

Also, let's add Okami just because. There are more reasons for Nintendo to work with Capcom than with Microsoft, and again, this is not about promoting games, so far they only did that with Hero, this is about selling Ultimate, and it's DLC.

*refusing

This one is pretty good too. youtube.com/watch?v=ybB1fpE8maY&t=6m21s

Even my little brother made up a Phoenix moveset. I hope he gets his favorite underdog like I did.

by trying to not be boring you are just being boring.
Arthur, Amaterasu, Joe, literally anybody would be much interesting, not only as characters but as series and content (stages) than dig dug nightmare klonoa or fucking heiachi.

Cause the DLC is not about promotion. They are getting the same Persona game than Sony is getting, but not the good Persona game Sony is getting. And they will not get anything but Ports from Microsoft. I honestly fail to see your argument, the only "shill" pick so far is Hero.

The point of the DLC is to sell the DLC, not promote or reward the companies that own the character, and if anything, Capcom has done more for the Switch than ATLUS and Microsoft so far, even if only ports.

here is your tag team based namco character friendo.

Attached: tumblr_mbq2oinQko1rzl8fmo1_500.jpg (500x375, 66K)

>tranny voice

Attached: 1359221766252.jpg (512x384, 32K)

They literally have a Steven Universe profile pic, user.
What'd you expect.
Guess we can add literal trannies to the list of Phoenix Wright supporters.

Attached: CI_NSwitch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_FightersPass_image950w.jpg (950x534, 181K)

It's a fujo, not a troon
Unfortunately they're rampant in the AA community but their points still stand

I argue that Nightmare>Arthur, Heiachi>Joe Klonoa>everything. No argument agains't Amy, even if she is still bellow Klonoa... and Kosmos for that matter.

Still, I want a Capcom rep, I want a Namco rep, I want a SNK rep, I want Doomguy, I want Ryu Hayabusa, I also will be fine with Crash (Spyro is better though). I know we are only getting two more, but there are plenty of good options, and Namco have a few too.

I don't expect anything indie though, and anyway, with Shantae and Shovel Knight out, I only want the Knight (hollow knight) and that's not happening.

The only thing they've done is give Switch fans sloppy seconds with old outdated games with nothing new. That to me sounds like a huge middle finger.

i got two more suggestions until i feel like it's bloated, so suggest who i should add for the future

Attached: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DX.png (720x550, 902K)

How about Yoshimitsu? Not only would he represent two games but he has his goofy playstyle.

You people imagine trannies in everything.

Who the fuck is this?

here's the ones ive been suggested from Yea Forums and other places

Attached: the forgotten characters.png (720x110, 119K)

That's what's his name from Skies of Arcadia!

Except I'm not, Nintendo don't have to brains to use Smash as leverage for support, something they desperately need, they don't even require basic support, there are no requirements to get into Smash, 5 of the reps will never have a mainline title appear on a Nintendo platform in the future ever.

>ace attorney
>all the Trilogy available on the Switch
Extremely lazy port on all platforms, series is moving closer to phones but next title will be a multiplat made for PS4 first, switch version will see significant performance issues.
>monster hunter
>If they could run World on Swtich they would, and still, it's clear that any MH product they can port to the Switch they will.
World could run on Switch, the hardware already runs games with far more intensive gameplay features, and Capcom have the assets to create a portable version, they simply choose not to because they don't see the Switch as a platform that holds any value.
>mega man
>XI came up didn't it? alognside both the clasic and the X collection, where it sold the best on Switch.
Collections were ported very late, in spite of them just being a pack of roms. Mega Man XI isn't even available physically in some regions, even though the Switch verison was the highest selling it was the version with the least effort put into it, and was more of an afterthough than anything else, there was also Mega Man Legends 3 which was cancelled for no reason on the 3ds.
>resident evil
>Never left a Nintendo console, never was an exclusive either. Is a strong relation, only limited by Nintendo hardware.
RE2make is not on any Nintendo hardware, Capcom have just lazily ported legacy titles to switch, titles that are running well below the switch's hardware capabilities showing the complete and utter lack of effort within these ports.
>street fighter
>Sony's fault, the put money on V, still, many SF games keep coming to Nintendo consoles, Switch included.
Capcom's decided to do this, Sony didn't force them.

the Attorney games are popular with women, but I assume that's probably a gay guy. But setting that aside I think their ideas are good.

... meanwhile Atlus and Microsoft have gave us... what? A game yet to come, loss in developer hell, and a spin off not even developed for them on Atlus side. Then Minecraft, and allowing some ideas to be on the platform on Microsoft side.

Your "middle" finger so far hasn't made anyone mad, only you (thoug some of those port ARE overpriced, that much is true), and again, this is NOT about promotion, much less "reward" other companies. Is about selling the dam DLC.

This is absolute shit, but I would like to call particular attention to
>gothitelle
What is wrong with you?

>People honestly think Leon has a chance of getting in Smash

Where the fuck was he on the polls? Do normies even want him?

>that Crono
>that Porky
>that literal who next to Master Chief
>that Quote
>that Phoenix
Get better character models, man.

Honestly, the further you go, the more it seems you have a vendetta agains't Capcom, instead of a real argument. Nothing you have said so far, specially compared as to how the Smash development went, and the DLC so far, seems like a real argument.

Nah. It's just a vocal minority on Yea Forums.

>People honestly think Joker has a chance of getting in Smash

Where the fuck was he on the polls? Do normies even want him?

Attached: (you).png (358x136, 21K)

Honestly only care about Banjo but i think there is a decent pool of characters i like to choose from that the last two shouldn't be dissapointing unless it's some out of left field shit like a Fire Emblem character or something

leon is a popular character on Yea Forums so people here delude themselves into thinking he has a chance over any other capcom or RE rep

jill would at least be a girl to differentiate herself from the other offerings

>"and there were only a handful of games after that"

agufags can't read I guess

Leon has always been on smash fags radar thanks to RE4, i clearly remember him being common on lists back in the brawl days.
Is only recently that people see jill and chris as more likelly thanks to the marvel games, but leon has always had the fanbase with stronger backbone and memes.

>smash 4 development ends in 2015
>Ultimate planning began
>Persona 5 first revealed with gameplay in 2015
>Joker is in
>Dragon quest XI first revealed with in game footage in 2015
>Hero is in
>Rare replay revealed and released in 2015
>Banjo is in
>Dark souls 3 revealed with gameplay in 2015
>Chosen Undead is in
>Doom gameplay is shown in 2015
>Doom Slayer is in

Attached: 1562636543968m.jpg (1024x596, 117K)

He's in

Attached: 1559177374858.png (1500x1500, 187K)

Joker was in because Sakurai wanted him.
Hero was in because of Japanese legacy.
Banjo is in because of fan desire.
Quit being a fucking fag.

Normies? Yes, they love RE4 and 2, and Remake 2 is hot right now.

Where were Hero (Erdrick), Joker on the polls for that matter? Heck, even Ryu and Cloud weren't on four's polls and at least the fan made polls didn't showcase Bayonetta anywhere. With the exception of Banjo, the DLC isn't exactly focus on fan demand, but more on headlines and sells. Again, Banjo was the exception to the rule, but still, is like, one out of at least three, going just by ultimate.

RE have 91 millions sells to it's name, so it's a good business to make, so once we realize that, and the posibility of a new Capcom rep, we just started to get behind the most likely option.

He's no longer on Nintendo hardware, and future games will never see a Nintendo release so he's a shoe in.

>vendetta agains't Capcom
Not really, their support for the Switch is a complete joke, it's more funny that Nintendo are actively supporting them when Capcom have shown a complete lack of interest in doing the same for Nintendo. Then there's Smash, standards are completely out the window, and Nintendo who are struggling severely with third party support are sitting around doing nothing, Smash would be a good way to leverage some support but they can't even manage that, even when it's something extremely minimal like a port of a game that a character in Smash comes from.

>where was Joker on the polls
nowhere because he didn’t exist yet you fucking moron. incredible false equivalency. say erdrick next time, that way the rug won’t be so easily pulled out from under you.

Attached: 79D7802F-BA42-467D-8D1D-F3E437BFFE93.png (304x304, 152K)

>polls
>polls
Notice the 's' referring to multiple. Not the official one only. Learn how to read bitch ass nigga!

here is the best case scenario

Attached: fighterpass2.png (1960x1109, 2.1M)

Gen 5 pokemon that isnt zoroark

>Normies? Yes, they love RE4 and 2, and Remake 2 is hot right now.

THAT DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION YOU FUCKING MORON.

>Where the fuck was he on the polls?
Underneath Phoenix, that's for sure

link me some smash worthy renders and i'll gladly oblige

See you at Quakecon

Attached: 9A1508FD-A334-4B29-8687-7F57EE38E921.png (994x2116, 1.9M)

Who are the last characters then?

If normies care about the games he stars in, what the fuck do you think?
Learn how to make an educated guess.

>not knowing what blaster master is
zoomer detected

I don't know.
You don't know.
Nobody fucking knows.
That's why saying someone is "confirmed" makes you look like a fucking faggot.

A smashfag liking resident evil doesn't mean they'd think leon should be in smash you brainlet.

Learn how to make an educated guess, retard.

You don't need a gen 5 rep, and you have plenty of reasonable choices that aren't that garbage anyway.

Does Sakurai even like Resident Evil? Like.... at all?

take a load of this tourist.
Its fine, you'll learn eventually, but get ready since everyone will call you a faggot each time you post.

Fagoot.

>people still think that leon will be the one to represent RE in smash
it’ll be Jill and Chris and you know it. it’s always Jill and Chris

>He goes into speculation threads saying this
t. underage who can't think for himself. go back to your youtubers/twitch streamers

Does that matter?

Most based post in this thread.

Attached: 1562740373800.png (748x800, 600K)

Based.

Attached: 019.jpg (800x901, 53K)

dont need it, but i think it works, just like Wii Fit Trainer isn't needed, but just works. I'm surprised you noticed gothitelle but not Style savvy by your logic

>Saying somebody is 100% confirmed is speculation and an act of thinking for yourself
Holy fucking shit dude, you may actually be retarded.

this is a wish list thread.

Yes because he's the director of the fucking series and he picks what he finds the most interesting.

Does Sakurai like every series in Smash?
Does Sakurai like F-Zero?
Also maybe go fuck yourself?
gamerant.com/famed-developers-impressions-resident-evil-revelations/

Attached: Sakurai RE.png (874x238, 32K)

Don't get me wrong, Style Savvy is fine. But out of the hundreds of Pokemon that exist and you choose Gothitelle for some reason.

Im guessing a niche pick next and a unexpected popular pick sorta similar to Joker/Banjo to end on

Attached: 1837362548.png (200x200, 72K)

Calling a game impressive isn't the same as talking about its legacy. You're reaching so far you're gonna fall off your chair.

>Literally seething
Lmao

You never said anything about legacy, you asked if he liked it, and I gave you a link and picture of a Sakurai quote saying he was very impressed with Resident Evil and how he could learn from its game mechanics. You're moving the goalpost.
>act retarded
>get called retarded
>lol seething

How about Haxorus or Druddigon?

Resident Evil has a hell of a legacy whether Sakurai comes out and says it or not. That's uncontestable. It's the series that coined the phrase "survival horror" and spawned countless imitators.

Sakurai is a HUGE fucking vidya nerd, I'm pretty fucking sure he's played RE and knows its significance, he's just never really spoken about it aside from when he played the Revelations demo.

Shit dead game.

No one is playing Smash now.

I would be very happy if it was the case but I don't think it is.

Anything's better than the Gothitelle line, my man.

>The RE fag outs himself
Should've known you were retarded

Jill is to shill r3make. R2make is already old news. Leon won’t shill it.

Has Leon been in any fighting games or just X Zone? If not then that's pretty surprising knowing Capcom. I can see how some RE fans would find that to be overdue.
Now I'm imagining a timeline where Leon was the shocking edgy guy in Brawl instead of Snake. Well, good luck to Phoenixbros and Leonbros because I'd like either of them.

Attached: 1_46ea4465b0b8acb73dd7352f1fe62167.jpg (896x1080, 194K)

The funny thing is that article was 9 years ago. I'm not sure Sakurai is even a fan of survival horror based on his twitter history. He never brought it up or anything. I truly do not think that one time means anything.

Does it matter? Sakurai isn't even the person choosing candidates anymore.

Since Luna Nights is also coming to Switch, we're bound to get GOAT music if Reimu gets in.
youtube.com/watch?v=NFd9fOngHVw

Attached: 1562820350968.jpg (1200x900, 254K)

Sakurai rarely tweets and his famitsu articles are usually based on game development or recent events. There's no proof to either but with a series as big as RE I'm sure Sakurai is well acquainted with it given his love of games.

You're schizophrenic.

Why are people posting about "Sakurai cares" or "Sakurai doesn't care?" I thought Sakurai gave up the mantle of choosing Smash candidates and now Nintendo is doing the picking.

Question.

When was the DLC finalized?

Attached: 031f257bd8ba946644956f9404dd9363c2ccae67.png (562x534, 22K)

Nintendo picks, Sakurai has final say.

They're in.

Attached: 013.jpg (500x492, 134K)

that's a fan game

Are you trying to say this like it matters to if Sakurai chose them or not?
Because if so, it doesn't. Sakurai himself said Nintendo gave him a list of characters, and all he did was pick from that list.
How exactly do you know that, faggot?

Yes user, we know Phoenix is in MvC3. A shame he won't be in Smash, though.

I feel like Sakurai lied on that just to get people off his back, Joker isn't a Nintendo pick a Nintendo pick is two FE characters to shill the new game or some shit

sorry boyz but this is the REAL smash ultimate leak, don't trust what the internet men tell you

Attached: leak.png (1980x1113, 2.85M)

He's in.

Attached: 1562883989115.gif (400x400, 32K)

Here's your tales rep bros

Attached: Velvet_Model_Render.jpg (600x596, 62K)

Nigger Jill is nowhere close to being FF1 protag tier. She’s just as popular as Leon.

When was this confirmed anyways?

I'm Sakurai's wife.

what would a legosi moveset be? would want him desu

Lets pull some means of deduction
Nintendo said they wanted to entice new demographics for Smash this year
While not specified, this likely applies to the DLC
Of course this broadly applies to all sorts of characters but the question is, who's out by this logic?
I'd say JRPG characters since we already have 2/3 so far

Attached: otis on computer.png (884x768, 939K)

And?
It's still going to be sold on the Switch along with more fan games and an official spin-off game.

Attached: 1cc.png (1366x768, 2.01M)

90's appeal characters.

Literally Sakurai's own words twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?lang=en

more unique body shape i find, we got furries, pikachu and pichu, a sphere character, beastly reptiles, a quadroped, i think Gothitelle being the sort of humanistic, yet more fantastical pokemon fits out well

Too broad

>misinterpreting Sakurai's statements

It's a coin toss really. Jill is from the first game which is still held in extremely high regard, has no less than 2 well known looks between STARS and RE3, and maybe gets bonus points for making the DLC less of a sausagefest. Meanwhile Leon is from 2 of the most popular games in the series which counts for big points.

Attached: 1536097256804.png (849x893, 1.54M)

Does Mewtwo not exist?

CHOSEN UNDEAD
EVERY THREAD

Attached: 31ECC94A-2ED8-4487-B4C7-DEDE1E9D24B0.jpg (4000x2619, 2.64M)

See, to me this says Sakurai isn't filtering Nintendo's choices by what he thinks is "important." This reads like he's asking the question "can we make a moveset out of this?" So I still say "Sakurai doesn't care" is an irrelevant argument.

You're a good guy, keep up the good work.

Is this the new Steve?

Not sure but I feel like Doom Slayer has a good chance of getting in as a way to represent FPS games.

Only JRPG
Closest you get to another swordie is character action games like Dante and Hayabusa etc. Cereal mascots are still on the table like Crash, FPS with Doomlad and Master Chef, Horror with RE and so on

Mewtwo i think fits in the furry line, more cat alien than a human

God I hope not.

I want Doomguy but representing genres was never a factor for Smash

>Cereal mascots

What about characters/games that are iconic?

It's his time, I can feel it.

Attached: Klonoa6.jpg (1280x905, 481K)

Disgusting. Smash should celebrate series that deserve it and have a legacy. Not just series with the loudest fanboys.

Based
Cringe

Yes

Attached: DAOSgjkXsAIpFcE.jpg (516x621, 76K)

It helps but it doesn't secure his chances given how a lot of characters can be considered that

>inflation porn: the character

Why would you think that...?

>Bayonetta
>Persona 5
>Legacy

Exact same pattern of posting and nonsense.

So RE is out?

Persona 5 is the ff7 of this gen. in 20 years weeb zoomers will be nostalgic over it

Who the devil is this, exactly? Pic keeps getting posted in these threads but not one has given light towards an identity.

And people are already nostalgic about Dark Souls

I never said the ones that got in already deserve it. Though Persona IS an extension of SMT.

>Crash Brandicoot with dried Wumpa fruit slices

>Persona 5 is the FF7 of this gen

Attached: B51C2E33-3978-403C-BB4C-EB28444F0563.jpg (415x467, 49K)

Why would fan game music be in Smash?

What a plain looking cereal. It should have red and green pieces if it's really wumpa fruit flavor.

P5 isn't even comparable to FF7.

Nintendo themselves consider Doom iconic. Just throwing that out there. Also keep in mind this is from 2017.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13 (4) Nintendo Direct 9 13 2017 - YouTube.png (930x349, 323K)

Did they say the same thing in Nip?

Last big characters that need to be added are Crash and Geno
>crash is a massive video game icon, and very loved in japan. Plus, considering Banjo is the only other rep in smash for the west, it makes sense to add Crash
>Geno is a long time request, and Sakurai knows this, considering Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo are all in, it doesn’t make sense not to add Geno as well

Attached: 62E73064-3FA7-4F9B-B3E8-72A063F8836C.gif (500x255, 342K)

Not even close. A character being popular does not mean they’re steve.

I sure hope so.

This win quote makes no sense, Phoenix has never lost a case. I know she's trying to make fun of him but still

Wow, I guess Blaskowitz should be in too.

Attached: db39fe16-a66d-4969-864b-af2a7ac4b02b.jpg (960x882, 59K)

>Klonoa music in Smash
>Klonoa music remixes
>Namco getting off their ass finally advertising and reviving the ip after watching the success of Crash, Spyro, and Banjo coming back from the dead
>games ported to switch with a new one in the works
I want to live in that timeline

Attached: 1556121483203.jpg (661x1024, 53K)

Time to take the &pill, Yea Forums

Attached: CI_NSwitch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_FightersPass_image950w.jpg (950x534, 451K)

I know you're being sarcastic but I honestly wouldn't mind him as an alt for doom guy.

Being spammed in the same way does.

How?

She's a girl retard

Nintendo could easily get the license for the music if they wanted.
Since Luna Nights is the better fan game of the bunch, it would be awesome if its music ends up being added.

Attached: 2342424.jpg (833x576, 113K)

>she

The only good post in this thread.

Geno seriously has no business being in Smash and is probably the best example of why fan demand shouldn't determine everything.

>the game that spawned the survival horror genre doesn't have a legacy

Attached: 1544442238123.png (745x794, 517K)

He's in.

Attached: 315d64f7c9f1086393abaec65679fdec.jpg (400x494, 29K)

Banjo was spammed in the same way. Ao was Wonder Red. Are they steve too?

Its a lame ass shop, but the only one I can find. Don't hate Crash but just think the term "cereal mascot" is kinda funny

Attached: 2001-Shreddies-Playstation.jpg (500x727, 63K)

Steve did a whole lot more than just spam dude.

>wanting the lukewarm reception off-brand kickstarter mascots when you already have the real deal

Attached: 1534897800574.jpg (232x258, 8K)

Yes cause she's a girl

Leon hasn't been in any fighting games no.

It's worth a laugh. But I'll take Toucan Sam over a roster of boring humans like Playstation Allstars had. Two Cole Macgraths but no Crash Bandicoot. Shameful.

If we had to have an FPS character who do you think Japan would be more open to? Master Chief or Doom Guy?

gif unrelated

Attached: 1504796530832.gif (204x204, 3.84M)

If we absolutely had to have one it would be Doom SLAYER doesn't he have an official name why the fuck is everyone saying Doom guy?

Boomers have called him doomguy for decades they can’t stop at this point out of muscle memory.

tfw phoenixfags are the actual discord trannies

Chris is more the face of RE than Jill or Leon, plus more Chris Redfield porn would be cool
just saying

Attached: 1536279772511.jpg (347x400, 25K)

It's not really universally agreed on.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomguy
doom.fandom.com/wiki/Doom's_protagonists

Wakey Wakey Arthurfags

Attached: Amingo.jpg (523x528, 61K)

Cruse those boomers for not kowtowing to our ways, am I right

*ahem*

Attached: 12094901490.png (904x711, 593K)

I dont think the Xbox was as popular in Japan as the west so maybe Doomguy, both would get the same reaction as non nip people had twords Dairy Queen man

I know Halo and Doom are pretty irrelevant in Japan, but I think it's safe to say Master Chief would be better received.

Vyse the fuckin legend

>curse those boomers for ignoring official things

Master chief is a more popular character but Doom was a cultural phenomenon. Frankly I don't think either have any chance though.

>no fluted set as an alt palette

ok, as a krool, banjo, and ridley chad I just wanna say:
doom will never get in. a couple of watered down ports is the only connection doom has with nintendo, aside from 64.

reimu will never get in either because 99% of people in the west has never even heard of her, she's a literally who. may as well think Lady from Lady Stalker will get in. Who's Lady? That's my fucking point

crash is cringe as fuck

He does seem like a mascot for autistic children

Crash wasn't cringe until they started doing tribal tattoos and those shitty redesigns.

That's Sonic.

No no no. Crash LOOKS like a mascot for autistic children. Sonic looks cool but IS a mascot for autistic children

You say that about every character you don't want in.

I mean, I don't really want jill in nor did I want the hero in, but I don't consider them cringe

Crash is just super cringe, bro

You can't honestly look at this and not realize its unbridled autism

Attached: autism.jpg (1024x662, 160K)

Of course he does, he was made for snoy fags.

they're blinded by nostalgia, let them be

it's not fair bros... how has amingo not had a game yet...

Attached: howcanthisbe.gif (333x130, 41K)

Explain why.

I'm sorry, what about that image is supposed to make me "cringe" and obsess over autism?

Are you 16 years old or something? That's about the age most people first think they're too old for cartoons. Once you're done with highschool maybe you'll stop being such a poser.

Yikes

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 33K)

I know, right? Imagine being afraid of cartoons because of peer pressure. Glad I'm not a stupid fucking teenager.

Imagine being this delusional that everyone else isn't as autistic as you are

Go back to your mature games for mature gamers such as yourself, fag.

Bandai Namco already has Touhou fan music in their Taiko games.
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q

Nah that's Dig Dug

How am I baiting? You're the one screaming about Crash being cringe and autism.

Alternatively, Rayman.

based

Attached: chill.jpg (540x409, 74K)

Attached: 9F5B23CE-DB39-4F73-BDF8-9A92B0504C29.png (1500x800, 1.54M)

Attached: yup.gif (680x499, 1.64M)

There was a leak back in the brawl days that claimed Leon was in alongside Leon's VA having Brawl connected to him which lead a few to believe he was in

>another swordie
I could see that
Sakurai himself has stated its hard to keep sword fighters feeling unique
So I guess Chosen Undead's out for now

how to improve
>add everyone back, including the echoes
>Make zero Marx instead

Based.

based as fuck

oh and separate Diddy and Dixie

Qbby is in

theres almost 0 chance but still, this

Attached: ammy moveset.gif (1119x1094, 390K)

you're cringe as fuck

>Joker was datamined with the Jill ponytail for an alt indicating he almost got a female alt in the form of Kasumi
>Earliest rumors involving Hero was that he was just Erdrick with a female alt (the guy who leaked Cloud for Smash 4, Tansut, stated his source told him that all the way back in December)
>Sakurai has been adding more and more female alts and characters
We're getting a female for DLC
A full one, not half like Kazooie

Based beyond belief.

cringe
>fanart
based

The fuck is Richter going to be a costume of? Banjo?

We need another Final Fantasy rep. It would probably be Tifa or another sword fighter (probably Sephiroth, Tidus, Zindane or Squall)

Why are you using fanart as a base for why you hate a character? Are you retarded?

Terra.

You already got Cloud. Don't be greedy now.

Attached: kefka.jpg (510x430, 51K)

Freya

>Another FF rep
TWO SONGS
TWO SPIRITS

Attached: 1540169331347.png (528x501, 293K)

Good choice user

Yes. But Square is already giving Hero as dlc.

Another FF rep would be good, considering how many FE reps we have gotten

No because it will actually happen

you'll get your Tifa brawler costume, Barret gunner costume, and Sephiroth swordsman costume and you'll like it

no because Dark Souls would actually have good spirits and music

I would not like it user. I’d like free dlc characters though. The game needs more characters

I'mma just leave this here for future arguments against Doomguy.

Attached: fuck you yes he can.png (1060x1300, 1.75M)

>posting the outdated version?

Attached: B1A75347-14C9-4BE5-A72B-6643849D032F.png (1500x916, 1.63M)

Attached: Fighters Pass Template.png (1980x1641, 2.81M)

worked for persona
soulsborne is about equally as big as persona

>MegaTen is the 3rd best selling Sega Franchise behind Puyo Puyo & Sonic
Except it isn't anywhere near 3rd

fuck porky, keep lucas

>mfw idiots complaining about who's the next dlc
>mfw I already have my veterans back (Snake), my newcomers (Simon/Richter) and my never ever (Joker)
keep fighting for my amusement faggots

Attached: Gyaru.jpg (200x275, 42K)

The worst part about this shit is if it doesn't happen people think it's suddenly true

bayo doesn't even use that attack in smash but go off

why would that matter
it's not like doomguy is gonna smash pit's head under his foot

It's a wonder he EVER WON a case, user.

it's really not tho.
i play touhou(albeit poorly) but doomguy seems like a possibility, raymoo isnt one.

dude
imagine what the stage would be like
imagine if they did a stage boss with gwyn or artorias

dilate harder

>Jon posted otters yesterday
Is Hero finally coming?

god dammit

Attached: literallywho.png (300x184, 32K)

huh?

Sub-Zero when?

Jon, GX's resident insider starts posting otters almost every time right before a direct gets announced

I don't see it

twitter.com/JonComms/status/1149842127792332801
For comparison:
twitter.com/JonComms/status/1056913636525043712
Ended up with nintendo posting this the next day
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1057270899957776384

wasn't that, like, a day ago?

Yes, which means we might get something today or tomorrow

Still has its origins in video games which is all that matters.

Agumon has Pepper Breath, Spit Fire Blast, Claw Uppercut, and Claw Attack. That’s 4 specials right there and there’s a few more.
wikimon.net/Agumon

>No Giygas spirit
>No Giegue spirit
>No Fassad spirit
>No Porky Statue spirit
>No Pigmask spirit
>No Porky spirit, despite being a major villain in Earthbound, Mother 3, AND Brawl
>Isn't referenced at all besides New Pork City despite being a boss in Brawl
He has to be in. He fucking has to be. Whether he's a fighter, a boss or a fucking mii costume, I don't know. But he's in.

Attached: 1547508112696.jpg (720x964, 142K)

he's a boss when they eventually do a separate boss battles mode