Video Games Thread

This is a video game thread. Here you are going to fucking tell me and everyone else about the video games you are playing or interested in.
>not something tangentially related like a character's feet or other masturbatory inanity
>not "what are some video games where [not vidya topic]"
>not some moron that shrieks on camera while playing
>not how some gay person on social media made you upset
>not jerking off to some pseudo-intellectual faggot that takes 20 minutes to talk about the sophistication and design of how in a video game you push the jump button and the character jumps
TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES. A multiplayer shooter like TF2, a single player platformer like Mario, some weeb JRPG, anything.

Attached: 1537895412891.jpg (696x1020, 644K)

I'm just here to say that I sincerely want to kill whoever is responsible for OP's image

I'm really enjoying BallisticNG.

>tfw no good puyo game since pre 2009

right now im playing pokemmo which has been pretty fun so far especially with friends

loving hitman 2, got it during the sale, too pricy off-sale imo but still pretty great.
looking forward to dying light 2, cyberpunk im iffy on, seems they're toning down on many rpg elements, was sad to see the multiple apartments aspect removed and how you couldnt join factions.

Ironically, this thread is just as vidya related as all those threads. It's a meta thread for complaining about the board itself. You are just as bad as all those other posters you listed.

I started replaying Breath of the Wild and I'm having a really good time.

Got Destiny 2 on the cheap. I remember getting suckered into Destiny 1 but I heard Destiny 2 improves a lot of things.
The shooting definitely feels a lot tighter as do how the weapons perform, but I still feel like it hits that big issue of just padding out so people have lots of "content" regardless of if whether or not that content is actually fun.
A lot of the levels are just a pain in the ass to traverse and even if the shooting feels good and the enemies die quickly, it's often not in an ideal part of the level, or just feels like filler.

Honestly I know it probably wasn't a good pitch to Activision higher ups but literally just making a lawyer-friendly Halo kind of game, linearly organized into levels with co-op PvE and PvP instead of this big segmented world with missions and instances would've made for a tighter experience.

Kind of a similar issue I had with Rage 2. When the bullets are actually flying it's fun, but driving and navigating is boring as all hell and raiding vaults is a gamble as to whether you get something nice like a shotgun or a rocket launcher or some filler shit. And it's doing that "open world for the sake of having lots of activities" thing so any actual story is just an NPC providing vague context to you shooting up bandits or whatever so you don't really have any real pacing or at least interesting characters to help keep you engaged. Just had to take a break from the game for a few days just to psychologically reset myself, and eventually lost the will to go back in. It was easier just to try out new Doom WADs or play TF2.

Attached: 1547102757167.gif (480x270, 2.66M)

I'm replaying Breath of the Wild too. First time I played BotW I wandered north right after dropping off the plateau so I didn't really get the chance to experience a lot of the stuff the game wanted new players to see on the road they put going east to Kakariko.
Obviously now it's all well-trodden ground but I think it's neat, just as an aspect of the open, freeform design of the game how they still found a way to introduce the player to a lot of concepts and elements even once they left the restrictions of the starting area.

Getting the opportunity to wrangle a horse earlier in my first playthrough would've been nice too.

Started playing Runescape and really regret it. Haven't played it since 7th grade so I thought it would be a nice nostalgic trip, but most of it is just mindless clicking. It's a shame since somewhere in there it's a good experience, but it's not worth it.

Attached: wow_fun.gif (180x218, 177K)

OSRS or RS3?

OSRS for the nostalgia factor. RS3 at first glance doesn't look that appealing.

I'm finishing the trophies in Infamous PS4 currently

it was surprisingly short

I am feeling the MMO craving again and need my fix FUCK I've already played most everything worth playing.

I haven't played in a year or so, but I binged OSRS back then. Personally I really enjoyed the atmosphere the low-poly environment had. The gameplay isn't engaging, but the huge world it has feels like wherever you go, you're going on a huge journey, even if you're just using fast-travel systems like Fairy Rings or teleports.
Nowadays, you either enjoy the setting and environment to the point where you don't really care about the simple gameplay, or you just don't get into it. There tends to be a lot of people in the latter group.

kill yourself

I've been trying to make Mario Maker 2 levels just like something out of an actual Mario game but I feel like it'll be boring if I don't spice it up with some Maker-exclusive mechanics. But then it's hard to know when you're going too fucking far and just throwing in random garbage with no fucking sense of cohesion.

Attached: 1560957777458.png (390x245, 4K)

I'm playing Caves of Qud. I like everything about it, from the setting (dying earth is criminally underused) to the level of depth and customization (there are a huge number of potential builds, I feel like) to the interface (which feels modern without being too unlike what you expect a roguelike to be). I turned off permadeath because I'm a casual shitter but I'm thinking about turning it on for a new character. The world loses some of its magic when it's consistent, I guess.

Attached: 24054_mqwzs2vyja6ofvmfetbj.jpg (1280x720, 31K)

Playing pic related, because another user reccomended it. It's oretty fun, though it does throw a lot of bullshit at you leading to an unavoidable death.

Attached: 563800EB-6D75-4857-B730-3406AAAB13CF.jpg (1440x960, 1.31M)

Should I play FE Fates: Conquest regularly or with an English patch?

Attached: Big Smash.jpg (1160x1280, 438K)

fuck off shill

Attached: 1542859434760.png (836x768, 611K)

what's a wad?

Nothing is going to save Conquest's story short of an MXC-style gag rewrite.

A WAD is a doom mod/content package. Can range from anything from a huge weapon overhaul (i.e. Russian Overkill) to a map pack (i.e. Maps of Chaos) to something inbetween (i.e. Touhou Doom) or something as simple as a gore mod that can be loaded with other mods (i.e. Bolognese).

How can someone fail to draw tits so badly. The hell

Basically a mod for Doom. Lets you load custom stuff like maps or new weapons.

Fuck you. E-celebs are Yea Forums culture. E-celebs are video games.

Attached: sticky.jpg (2000x2790, 513K)

Went to a trade show for pinball machines and retro arcade cabinets today and had a lot of fun! Got to play a lot of pinball and also fucked around on an original Darius cabinet. I played Segasonic the Hedgehog for the first time which is fucking hard but a lot of fun once you get a feel for how you use the trackball, and I almost 1CC'd Deathsmiles Mega Black Label. All in all, a good day of gaming.

Went a good few rounds of payload in TF2, pretty even, non-lopsided matches. Now I'm gonna leveling up some fresh gear in Splatoon 2 in preparation for Splatocalypse.

Attached: 001.jpg (595x842, 302K)

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is really good but my fucking god the mysterious divine voice is driving me insane with how long it takes to get through the dialogue.
Literally everything else is a standard button prompt to advance text box stuff, but this will linger on screen for as damn long as it likes. Takes like 5 minutes just to get through as many sentences.

Attached: 1560289937861.png (960x1200, 938K)

Playing Bloodstained: RotN on PC. I'd been missing the entrance to Den of Behemoths in all my wandering around. Once I looked up the location, I understood how to get in, but I've just been grinding and wandering for the last couple play sessions. 8/10, would reccomend.

Attached: 1551451701773.gif (500x500, 395K)

there is nothing vidoegames about some dumb youtube nigger you fucking zoomer. fuck you and fuck the nigger mods that stickied that

I played My Friend Pedro, and I was surprised with how nice it felt to play despite the terrible animations

Just don't only play runescape. Afk or semi afk something while doing something else, whether it's something actually productive or just youtube or Yea Forums. At least with runescape you can put it into the background to earn shit, then actually actively play the game for unlocks that require more attention or bossing/raids. Runescape is literally the best game you'll play playing some other game or doing some other thing.

About to play Dragon’s Dogma. Any tips for the Mystic Knight vocation?

Better that the mods stickied it and contained it to a single thread than the whole board being flooded with threads.

What's wrong with a parody image? Those have been around eons.

You've made a right choice in vocation. Get used to doing perfect blocks to make full use of your shield guard enchantments. Get angry at the fact that your shield is on your back unless you block. Get very hype for all the combo potential you have from your moves, because if they're not mobile, they can knock enemies around easy peasy.
Use the Cannon spell and stack two of them, then swing into it repeatedly to launch a swarms of magic peas at assholes and shred their health. They aspect themselves to whatever your weapon is buffed with, so use that to play against an enemy's weaknesses.

Sounds like a plan. Been playing the game for the first time and while some of it feels a bit clunky, like the UI for example, it’s fun as fuck.

It's a cult classic for good reason. If you can look past the flaws it has, it's an incredible experience with plenty of replay value.

I’ve played through some flawed gems so I’ll get used to it. Also, why don’t more games have you grab onto the monsters to start stabbing the fuck out of them like this game does? It’s hype as shit.

Been playing resonance of fate on my 360 the last week or so. The game play is cool as duck and the characters are unique enough but I haven't got a clue wtf is going on story wise

Yeah if you're bad.

Are there any games similar to Lost in Blue?
>stranded in hostile environment
>forced to scavenge together basics like fruit off trees and shrubs, and finding a fresh source of water
>eventually learn to make crude tools like spears to hunt land creatures or spearing fish in shallow waters, or developing a rudimentary bow, as well as making storage like preserving meats in salts or a canteen for longer trips away from the river
>as you're able to venture deeper into the island you'll be able to eventually find a way off

Crafting and mining is an extremely popular mechanic, and getting stranded on an island is a popular story element, but they're rarely combined to my knowledge. Or rather, the survival mechanics aren't so in depth, and crafting is often just a Minecraft clone or something rudimentary like you have six condoms, 4 bottles of lube, and three cloth rags, and you can use these limited pickups to make an onahole, a medkit or a molotov cocktail just to add some semblance of mechanical depth or resource management to your boilerplate shooter/action game.

Literally any platform is a fine option.

Attached: LIB.jpg (640x575, 395K)

Off the top of my head the game "How to Survive" fits most of that criteria.

huh, i think i remember reading about this in Nintendo Power

I bought the CTR remake and I've played it for like a hour. It is fun, but unironically I can't seem to bring myself to play anything except Smash for like, the past couple months. It's easy to just boot up and play a couple matches online where as with other games, I have to sit down, invest myself in the story again, remember how to play, manage my inventories, think about my decisions.

I keep buying them too. It's almost like I can only be bothered to watch stuff, not play anything. What do?

Attached: 1455637965343.gif (390x212, 1.96M)

You're not wrong, that's how I first found out about it too way back when. I just thought of it apropos of nothing and wished there were more games like that series.

>when someone makes something so vidya-related, it incites bloodlust in a Yea Forums user

mario maker code i assume? too lazy to boot the game up and check

I'm playing Dungeonmans and trying to torrent an older version so I can mod old shit that was removed back in

Been playing MHGU. I've just been autistically upgrading every piece of equipment I have.

>sees vidya image on Yea Forums
>immediately resorts to plotting murder

Attached: 1359350011686.jpg (920x1311, 373K)

basically this but for my ship in assassin's creed iv

Playing through Puyo Puyo Tetris's story mode. This game went very quickly from braindead to wake the fuck up boy.

Attached: 1561048695970.jpg (1026x1000, 135K)