Darkest Dungeon 2

Darkest Dungeon 2

Waiting for this game more than for Death Stranding or Cyberpunk.

Attached: vYEuQHujzvdzCoUfPHm4c.jpg (2560x1440, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/darkest-dungeon-2-trailer/
youtube.com/watch?v=P7ms_A7mU8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m mildly hyped but also concerned that it’s going to be the same game with the same characters but in the snow this time.

>I’m mildly hyped but also concerned that it’s going to be the same game with the same characters but in the snow this time.
First game had different areas like cove or warrens.
I doubt that snow will be the main theme of all the areas in DD2.

You know what I mean. I’m afraid it’s literally just going to be DD again but with a snow camp base instead of the estate. I’d be more hyped if all the classes were new but it looks like it’s a complete rehash with maybe a new class or two. That’s just not enough to convince me. I have a feeling DD2 will be a game I buy on sale $15.

In an interview they basically said the focus of the game is going to be completely different.
pcgamer.com/darkest-dungeon-2-trailer/

Yep focused on.. Snow Dogs, Snow leper, snow knight, snow lamp. Warmth instead of darkness.

its going to be a jrpg screencap this

>We love our dysfunctional cast of characters, our atmosphere, and our world. Horror is a fantastic space to explore interesting and unconventional ideas, and we have a lot more story we want to tell. Mechanically, we also think we have some valuable nuggets (e.g. combat) and there is more there that we’d like to explore and build on. Above all, we are committed to crafting Darkest Dungeon 2 to be its own experience; it will have its own creative and thematic identity.

Sasuga, shitposter

Even if it's going to be the same DD with new content, I'd buy it without any regrets.
Finished DD1 about 5 times and I'd play more with the new bosses, monsters and locations.

They're not even going to update the character art? That's some lazy bullshit

>it's own...thematic identity

Yes Coldest Dungeon lmao

>no crusader in the art
whay

No reason for him not to be in the game

Will they make the Leper good in this one?

Leper is top tier meta pick even for endless harvest 1000+ kills.

So Light = Flame, cast is the same, gameplay is probably unchanged and it's basically going to be the same idea as vembrace:cold soul.
probably the same amount of 'risk management' that equal to simply putting rng on everything and claiming it is a good idea because sometimes you get a shit party critting out of the ass and the dungeon is a boring cakewalk and others you get chain crit stunned affliction into wipe into vvulf into hamlet regression that you literally have to have grinded hard to prevent.

Attached: 1551967818361.jpg (800x662, 85K)

should I play the first one? I own it + all DLC on Steam thanks to the latest sale but I heard it's too unforgiving and RNG riddled and therefore grindy. You never really can lose because of new guys filling your ranks but it's grindy as fuck if RNG fucks you in the ass. But the OST is sick, I listened to it before (it's why I bought this game to begin with 2bh)

The first was absolute trash. All style, no substance.

>nerf every working strategy: the game
Don't worry, the devs will nerf your hype as soon as they realize you are having fun.

It's fun and all of the RNG you can mitigate, provided you've seen it once before. It's definitely a bit too grindy as the midgame gets really repetitive as you get ready for the endgame dungeons.
I recommend playing it but turning off Crimson Court DLC for your first playthrough as it's a massive pain in the ass when you're new.

if you like unforgiving turn based combat? yeah it's pretty solid, the rule of thumb is to play the base game without DLCs and then play the DLCs, but in my opinion the DLCs don't make justice to the main story line content for how good the finale is.

why don't you try playing it
jesus christ why would you buy a game and then ask people whether you should play it or not

I really want to like the first one but the rng is just too strong

Mad cause bad. They already confirmed a completely different metagame than the Hamlet.

Like in XCOM, you're a shitter if the RNG is what's determining whether you succeed or fail

I tried so hard to get into the first, I guess these are just not my kind of games
I generally dislike party based play and if I'm already playing one I have a hard time sacrificing a run or a member

vestal-jester-highwayman-man at arms there i made you the game, it's impossible to lose with that party comp and some brain, play on 1.0.0

youtube.com/watch?v=P7ms_A7mU8U

JERUSALEM??!!

post yfw "In time you will know the tragic extent of my failings"

Attached: sculptor--4.44.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Attached: 1545308864001.jpg (1236x888, 116K)

Darkest Dungeon, but snow. Ebin

Sure, but do not enable Crimson Court right away.

Or ever. Both of the DLCs make the game demonstrably worse. The midgame grind can be mitigated somewhat by editing the game's config to allow for much larger stacks of the various currencies so that you don't lose half of the treasure you get with every dungeon run.

>announce game with trailer
>suddenly start advertising jobs on twitter and website
>state that you plan to crowdfund again despite now having money from the success of DD
Why not just make the game, and then announce it?

Where was it said they'd Kickstart the next one?

never post again you shitlord

I never played the first one because I'm poor
Am I missing out on a lot?

I hope they do a good revamp to combat. Fix the grind, increase the startegy.

old classes should have been bosses

Are mods fucked in DD or something?
Every restart after I enable them either some work, none work, or most will work but it's always random. They're skin mods.

Dd is only fun in the very beggining and the very end. Fuck the not fun grinding