He died during the great ape wars.
This is now a donkey kong lore thread

Attached: 007.jpg (2257x3101, 1.5M)

When did the Great Ape Wars take place?

>the great ape wars.
-sounds of gunfire and screaming-

>hasn't had a non-cameo appearance in years
yes

Well he became the father of the current Donkey Kong. Considering this is a Japanese franchise he's either dead or working overseas.

But why is Nintendo so ashamed of bringing back his onesie? Would make for a neat costume in some DK game.

Not sure why they brought back Koopa Troopa but not him

He probably doesn't fit in it anymore, dude.

I'm sure he could find a bigger one.

Attached: donkey_kong_jr__saves_his_dad_from_death_battle__by_doctormoodb-db2poie.png (252x267, 69K)

"The Great Banana Split" always cracks me up

Attached: 1543020134079.jpg (444x444, 75K)

>Barrel Blast is at the end of all timelines
It's gonna be really funny if the same thing happens to BotW.

Is Barrel Blast the Breath of the Wild of the Donkey Kong series?

He left for some reason, leaving his three sons, Donkey III, Funky, and Swanky in the care of his Father. Perhaps he couldn’t bear to be around his family anymore after the tragic break-up of the tree caused by the Manky Kongs’ secession

Attached: 4751D478-483D-4B50-9B8C-3D2D6ECEF54C.png (310x399, 173K)

The Donkey Kong in the original arcade Donkey Kong game is Cranky Kong. Who had a child and that child is Donkey Kong Junior. Donkey Kong Junior had a child, Cranky Kong's grandchild, who is the Donkey Kong we play as in the Donkey Kong Country games, and the most recognizable today. Somewhere along the way, Donkey Kong (current) also had a sibling, who had a son, who is Diddy Kong. Current Donkey Kong is Diddy Kong's uncle. So, the Mario who was in the original arcade Donkey Kong would have to be current Mario's grandfather, as Donkey Kong (current) and Mario (current) are the same age. We see Mario's father's legs in Yoshi's Island DS at the end. You have to exclude some games from an "official" timeline in order for it to make actual sense. The timeline would go like this:
Donkey Kong -> Donkey Kong Jr. -> Yoshi's Island

I bet Funky is Diddy’s dad

>Manky Kongs’ secession
What the fuck was their problem?

Attached: MankyKongImage.jpg (514x480, 28K)

They don’t appreciate the Kong’s iron grip on the bananas of the island

>The Banana Era
>The Slamma Era

expand

What do you mean?

Attached: tumblr_pcwmfxgfaU1rrftcdo2_1280.jpg (652x652, 82K)

I've thought about this too, I even considered including it in my original post, but there's no hard evidence besides the fact that Donkey and Funky look alike.

What about Baby DK from Yoshi's Island DS? Where does he fit into this whole thing?

Baby DK from Yoshi's Island is modern day Donkey Kong

But isn’t Cranky calling Donkey Kong his son in one of the country games, if I remember correctly? This would mean Donkey is grown up Junior.

That was in 64 and the Rare devs confirmed via twitter that it was him being senile and Cranky was always intended to be modern DK's grandfather.

How old is yoshi?

DEEPEST
LORE

Attached: HELP.jpg (448x420, 26K)

There is no one yoshi. There are multiple Yoshis, and there is almost no way to tell if the green yoshi from one game is the green yoshi from another game.

The only Yoshis that are canonically different Yoshis are the ones from Yoshi's Story.

Well we know the green Yoshi in SMW2 isn't the same as modern Yoshi due to Yoshi's Island DS's ending.
The Village Elder from Paper Mario might be the Yoshi from SMW2

So is the 1st presumably dead...

Attached: 1539459286907.png (388x402, 300K)

Here's a fresh OC to clear up the family tree.

Attached: Kong Family Tree.png (910x554, 24K)

Also, I'd like to expand upon the Lanky Kong thing.
In the German handbook for Donkey Kong 64., Lanky Kong is referred to as Chunky Kong's uncle, once removed. Beyond this though, Lanky Kong is just referred to as a long lost relative. If you want to view him as Chunky's uncle, that's fine, but the only 'real' evidence comes from a German booklet.

I think the only one we can be sure that is THE green yoshi is the one from DS to Mario World 2 to New Island. Logically, you could say that all the Yoshis that have some sort of connection to Baby Mario in Spin-offs are also THE green Yoshi, since it wouldn't make sense have a random yoshi alongside Baby Mario. We have no idea if other yoshis like Crafted or Wolly or Story are really the same. And it's not like there is actual text saying that the baby Yoshi from DS is the same one from SMW2 or New Island, it's all just we assuming shit. Hell, if the Star Yoshi is really the same Yoshi as SMW2, then that makes two Marios hanging around, or DS replaces SMW2 in the timeline.

We don't really know how long a Yoshi's lifespan is, but I think that it's only fair that probably the ones from DS are more likely dead.

Lanky is just a Manky Kong that was redeemed and is now working alongside DK. He is not blood related to the others, or he is really far removed.

Every other source I found refers to him as a long lost relative. I do still believe that he is a Manky Kong, though.

Here's an updated version.

Attached: Kong Family Tree (Revision).png (1321x554, 37K)

So he betrayed his race? Gross.

To be fair, we don't see a whole bunch of Kongs around, so probably Manky Kongs are also long lost relatives.

Manky's are the race traitors. They are literally siding with King K. Rool for some dumbass reason. They are of Kong blood, and they'd rather see the blood of their own kind spilled. Manky's are the true outliners, and all other Manky's should aspire to follow Lanky's footsteps.

So is current DK's father forever a baby?

Attached: 1448258375010.jpg (295x221, 25K)

My oldfag

Attached: 18194636_1335674366524316_8475987324919225549_n.jpg (375x360, 8K)

Theoretical tree
Not made by me

Attached: 21C05E45-2884-4484-849A-32FB70C3643E.jpg (1024x725, 91K)

He’s a manchild with weak genes

The game has Baby Mario too, so I don't think it counts. Maybe the current DK Jr. is DK's kid, but he gave his own kid his father's garb, as kind of a generation thing. Maybe his father has some terminal disease that makes him unable to grow up, while also being able to fuck, since he has at least three kids.

Who is the Donkey Kong we all know and love

While Chunky and Kiddy are definitely related, I don't see how they would fit with the Jungle Beat cast. They also have the Cranky Kong family naming convention, always ending their names with "y" (dixie being the only weird one), instead of the Karate Kong family naming convention, of naming them after the one thing they are most easily recognized for.

Sports games and crossovers aren't canon.

He never existed...

He is the grandson of Cranky Kong
Cranky Kong (Original Donkey Kong) -> Donkey Kong Junior -> Donkey Kong (Modern)
As the guy who made this, I think this is very nice. Would you expand upon Chunky and Kiddy being related to the Karate Kong family? Also, Kiddy/Chunky are Tiny/Dixie's cousins. And is "Pinky" confirmed as a separate entity to Donkey Kong Junior?

DK Jr. is the only character to ever canonically kill Mario. He's not welcome anymore because Mario's a pussy.

Attached: D9aqpvmUwAAq52S.jpg (480x360, 11K)

How do we distinguish what is canon and what is not?

Attached: sscdkjr.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

I assume it’s because of the similar body types
And I have no idea

So this would confirm that the Mario from Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Junior is Mario's grandfather.

its fucking donkey kong, who gives a fuck about its canon? its a family of idiot monkeys from a shitty platformer, come on anons

Just use basic logic based off of locations and times.
Okay, well thank you.

Why are you in this thread?
Also congratulations on having shit taste.

Is Yoshi's island DS before or after the great ape war? Or is it it during???

Attached: Baby_Donkey_Kong_Artwork_-_Yoshi's_Island_DS.png (688x758, 386K)

>t. Mario

Probably taken out by use of gorilla warfare tactics.

Attached: Ultros.png (600x540, 245K)

It's during, since Junior was probably serving in the war at the time, making him absent during DK's childhood.

H-H-HERE WE GO...

Attached: herewego.png (636x437, 387K)

You were in my game boy thread. Leave, Ultros.

>locations and times.
That's the problem.

What the FUCK is DK lore

It's quite complex. Smooth brains wouldn't be able to comprehend.

Wait, I thought Lanky was just some orangutan from a random island who moved to DK Island to start a more exciting life and that's how he met DK.

Source?

Ah I got some info mixed up but there you go. Official German website for DK64 btw.

Attached: DK64_Lanky_Bio.png (786x520, 511K)

No. Incorrect.

The Great Ape Wars was portrayed in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. In which Donkey Kong the First handidly defeated all of his Kong rivals and established himself as the King of the Jungle.

Following this he had a son, who starred in the DKC games proper.

He is definitely not random. He moved in because he couldn't bear to witness what his family had done to the Kong lineage. He could not believe that they would rather lead King "Kaleb" Rool to the key of the banana hoard, leading their own race, their own bloodline no less, to starvation, than make amends for what happened during the Great Ape Wars. And so, Lanky decided to leave the Manky Kongs and join with the principled and virtuous Kong Klan.

What's the lifespan of a kong?

1st gen is not Mario, it's Jumpman.

If it's any close to apes and gorillas, 35 - 45 years.

>OG donkey kong is cranky kong
>dk junior grows up to nu dk
It's such a nicer story than
>cranky kong
>donkey kong junior(missing presumed dead)
>nu donkey kong
I guess they would never willingly go a direction that results in fewer copyright characters.

Shorter than a person's. Cranky Kong is explicitly stated to have been the one to battle Mario.

So what this means for the lore is that the DKC games take place over a longer period of time than the Mario games do.

So let's hash this out.

Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong who battled Mario. He had a son, Donkey Kong Jr, AKA Fedora Kong who disappeared for unknown reasons following the birth of his son, Donkey Kong the Third, who stars in the DKC games and is the uncle of Diddy Kong.

That begs the question though. Is Diddy the son of Fedora Kong's sibling, or Dk's Mother's?

Nintendo trying to purge Miyamoto DK from existence. Notice how Banjo's Smash trailer acknowledges that DK is a Rare creation.

Epic wordplay my fellow redditor.

Fedora Kong (DK Jr.) has a brother, he is Pinky Kong.

Why is the TV version of Candy such a bitch. The original Candy was quite nice, and I dare even say wholesome.

The TV series definitely isn't canon.

What's the source that they're different?

The TV series happened because DK sold his biography to a big movie company. DK doesn't like to talk about it nowadays.

The source is that they're the two playable characters in Donkey Kong Jr. Math. One is called "Junior I" (DK Jr.) and the other is called "Junior II" (which is nicknamed Pinky). It's kind of a Mario and Luigi situation.

He grew up to be current Donkey Kong. Original Donkey Kong is now Cranky Kong.

Okay

>He grew up to be current Donkey Kong
No, he's the current Donkey Kong's dad.

Junior grew up to become a successful businessman after the educational games arc. He doesn't have the time to see Cranky and DK very much because he's busy. This is canon.

What does Kong Enterprises deal in?

>successful businessman
Doing what?

>This is canon.
Source?

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 209K)

This doesn't prove anything though.

It was a joke. I thought educational game arc was a giveaway.

Chiquita Bananas. He uses his other kid, Aiai, to promote it.

K rool is dead.

Sakurai resurrected him. Bowser is still worried that he will tell people of what happened, now that he is alive.

>Sakurai resurrected him.
Where's the game then? I don't count some dumb fighting game. Captain falcon is long past gone.

How does Donkey Kong on gameboy fit into the lore? It ends with Mario, Pauline, Dk and Dk jr accidentally discovering the Mushroom Kingdom.

It also shows that while Donkey Kong can give normal Mario a run for his money, he's no match for Super Mario. Poor DK probably wouldn't have a prayer against Bowser.

Attached: ih95HVv.jpg (1587x2000, 449K)

The anime plot became game plot and Captain Falcon is now a title that gets passed on.

It'll take time. Retro is currently on Prime 4 hell. But I'm sure once they're done with it, we will get the much anticipated Donkey Kong Country: Space Ape.

if you looked like that you'd be upset too

Jr. has no reason to return when Diddy exists. He was even conceived as a take on Jr. before Nintendo suggested he be his own character.

ULTROS!
i mean....

CARLOS!

It doesn't fit into the lore.
Let alone the timeline errors, but Donkey Kong is confirmed stronger than Mario.

Honestly they should have gone with DK Jr. In dkc3. Baby was awful.

Attached: KiddyKongImageDK3.jpg (410x480, 53K)

So where does DK rank power level wise? He lost to Little Mac, but Little Mac is the strongest Nintendo character since he managed to defeat a real person.

What of the rumors of Ubisoft? Also when 2021 comes around I'll just say smash didn't revive K Rool.

No, that's not true at all.
Donkey Kong lost to Little Mac in boxing, where he'd have to hold pack. Modern Donkey Kong punched the moon out of orbit and it bounced back into its place. That is the same moon that's in the Mario games.
He's the closest to Bowser in strength out of anyone else in the normal Mario/Donkey Kong cast. The only ones that could be stronger are Rosalina, Chunky Kong and King K. Rool.

Or have Donkey, Diddy and Dixie team up together.

Ubisoft rumors? While I know Nintendo and Ubisoft are buddies at the moment and I don't exactly mind the Rayman team work on DK, I have not heard a single rumour about Ubisoft DK. Also, Ubisoft would surely use K. Rool, they are the masters of reusing everything.

Kiddy is based.

Where is k rool from country 1 to 64? Is there any relation between him, kaptain k rool and k roolenstien?

Check this out for more lore
youtube.com/watch?v=rOFzB91QKTs

K. Rool is Kaptain and K. Roolenstien.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

>Kong's Creed

Why does Nintendo make such deep lore?

It can't be the same moon because the moon belongs to Wario.

Attached: tumblr_nf2he8YB491rrftcdo1_500.gif (480x432, 59K)

dkvine.com/interactive/forums/index.php?showtopic=14021
I don't count on having the rayman team, more likely the rabbids. Though this isn't any confirmation.

He's unironically a great retro AND DK rep pick for Smash. Could have a really cool moveset and throwbacks too

Yes, and that image was created long before Breath of the Wild was even announced. So how's that for canon?

Attached: 1448057955600.png (347x393, 183K)

Depends on definition of strength. Mario is a great acrobat with fantastic spirit and usually access to heroic powers of magic. You'd never say Mario is physically stronger than Bowser but you'd also credit Mario with defeating Bowser several times.

You could say "canonically Donkey Kong can punch the entire moon" but then canonically Mario defeated Bowser when he was large enough to punch comets at him(Galaxy 2.) It's not a big outlier for Mario to defeat Grape Ape DK in 94.

The moon belonging to Wario doesn't matter (and isn't canon).

No that's modern danky kang. The old danky kang is now cranky.

Yeah that isn't much confirmation at all. Though it does imply that Donkey Kong has it's own IP management team and it's not just the people that look after the Mario IP, it doesn't mean a new game is in production.
However, DK is one of Nintendo's most important franchises. While we got DKC:TF for the switch just last year, I wouldn't put it past them having something on the works with another non-retro team to work on a new DK game, maybe a spin-off.

It's all canon, that's why we're here.

Everything belongs to Wario, user.

>DK game, maybe a spin-off
So Mario vs Donkey Kong?

Mario has never physically beaten Bowser, it's always through other means.
Donkey Kong is physically stronger than Mario, is what I mean.

Are you from the Scooby-Doo universe or something

They just hold weddings up there these days

Attached: 40E18B35-9F77-4F1F-90D0-F2F0E7DB45F2.jpg (1138x640, 50K)

Maybe. I wouldn't put it past them to release another one of those. It's not like they didn't sell well, they made like 5 of them from what I can remember. I wouldn't be against it, but I was hoping for something that would be more on the DK universe, rather than Mario's.

Well yeah that's my first point and I agree on the second. The thing is DK94 still makes sense because Mario is unironically the Dexfag that can pull off a "never get hit."

Donkey Kong and Bowser are easily stronger than Mario. Sure. No problem. He dodges everything they've got, even if they grow to 300 feet tall, delivers precision blows and saves the day. DK94 must be canon! It's too good.

Attached: e2l1b6I.jpg (464x859, 51K)

I'd marry bowser so fast. You get all of his kingdom plus yours, your biggest enemy would become your closest partner and you would never have to worry about anything again. Also the manlet would finally stop trying to get you to bake cakes for him.

Well, it was bait
But it made me think that establishing them to be three separate entities as a twist/gag at some point would’ve been something rare would do

Attached: A1586E41-BC86-414E-ABA2-4B9B9CEF5903.jpg (239x240, 18K)

>DK94 must be canon!
Except for the fact that Donkey Kong isn't modern Donkey Kong and has Junior with him, with modern Mario fighting him. And then they discover the Mushroom Kingdom, when Mario has had ties to it since he was a baby, same with Donkey Kong, as seen in Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS. It has too many inconsistencies to be canon.

What would be the next K. Rool disguise?

Agh! There must be an explanation! Maybe it's Cranky in one last hurrah. DK94 was a big part of showcasing the SNES Color player, right? Maybe it's a black and white production that was modernized. Cranky and Jr vs Grandpa Mario.

The Island DS stuff is easy to pass off: how many babies remember their first 1-2 years of life with clarity? The last thread is Pauline.. either a mother Pauline or our Modern Pauline in Odyssey sure did age like fine wine.

K. Rool being the same character was completely unambiguous in 2. It's just in 3 that you don't see him until the end of the game.

That DK is modern Cranky while Jr. Is modern DK.

Mario and Luigi's parents are shown to live in the Mushroom Kingdom, or at least something similar to it, if I remember correctly.
As for Pauline, she's the problem with almost every single Mario/DK timeline placement.

>Mario has never physically beaten Bowser
He does in the RPGs.

>That DK is modern Cranky while Jr. Is modern DK.
No, Junior is Donkey Kong's father.
Cranky is confirmed to be the modern Donkey Kong's father.

No. Jr. is DK's father.

Not physically. Physiologically, Mario has no chance.

In SMRPG he breaks the Chain Chomp for an environmental win. In Paper Mario titles he's reinforced magically and has some dodging. In Mario and Luigi titles he actively dodges Bowser's attacks.

Why is it so fun to take Mario lore seriously

I see that documentary is still relevant

For some reason I’ve always assumed the next dkcr will take place in space so I’d say some sort of space emperor, or maybe a general of sorts

Are the RPG's canon? Even then, Mario still has to use hammers, shells and other means. And more often than not, he's accompanied by another while he does it.

>documentary
???

How can you be in this prestigious DK discussion if you never watched Kong Documentary before? Are you a philistine?

Attached: rHGhlPipsiY.jpg (557x592, 43K)

What if DK Jr. Is ala Mulholland and responsible for the creation of the city?

I'm assuming he means this

As a big oldfag I remember when Paper Mario was first teased. It was actually a thing that Bowser earned his first canonical victory over Mario.

I mean we're talking 20+ years ago in a Nintendo Power interview or something but it's rather charming imo.

K. Rool was sent to space at the end of one of the handheld games in the 2000’s so it would make sense.

That didn't answer my question.
Now you just make no sense.

>That didn't answer my question.

Well call up Miyamoto.

The moon belongs to everyone
The best things in life are free

?

Attached: 250px-Tinymss.png (250x365, 104K)

Dixie's little sister.

This one is obvious,

>The Great Banana Split

Attached: 124124.png (804x876, 456K)

There was a Donkey Konga 2? And 3?

Attached: worry.png (656x505, 332K)

So if Mario was an adult by the time he fought the original Donkey Kong (Cranky Kong), how come Mario and DK are both babies in Yoshi's Island DS? Was baby DK actually Cranky Kong?

2 at least, probably 3. It was a real hit in japan, I think.

>Was baby DK actually Cranky Kong?
This is impossible.

How so?

Because it's confirmed current Donkey Kong and current Mario are the same age.

How are baby Mario and Mario in the same games?

What other explanation can there be?

Come to think of it, Mario seems to be the same age now as he was when he fought Donkey Kong Jr. This is supported by the fact that they raced together in Super Mario Kart. So why is Mario the same age around current Donkey Kong. The events of Donkey Kong Jr. and DKC must have been at least 40 years, yet Mario looks the same now as he did back then. Plus, I'm pretty sure Miyamoto confirmed Mario is in his early 20s or so. If that's the case, the original DK games should have never happened. Was it actually Mario's grandfather who fought Donkey Kong all those years back? Well, it can't be, because the manuals of various DK games confirm it WAS the current Mario who fought him. Unless they were referring to a different Mario?

This timeline shit is hurting my brain.

Attached: c88f406e8f62a39ae63d197c0be95771e02038cfr1-184-273v2_uhq.jpg (184x273, 14K)

Why does Super Mario 64 not count, in your mind? He literally spins him around and throws him with superhuman strength.

Diddy being Donkey's nephew isn't canon and jump man is confirmed to be Mario even though it makes no sense considering Mario and DK3 were babies at the same time

The "Mario" in the Donkey Kong arcade game and Donkey Kong Junior is the current Mario's grandfather.
The original Donkey Kong is Cranky Kong, who has a son with Wrinkly Kong, who is Donkey Kong Junior.
Donkey Kong Junior is the father of current Donkey Kong.
Before Donkey Kong Junior kills the original "Mario," or rather, Jumpman, he has a son.
We see this son and his wife in the end of Yoshi's Island DS where he picks up his two children, Mario and Luigi. These are the current Mario and Luigi.

He's throwing him into spiked balls, that's what hurts Bowser.

It's still a pretty big physical ass-kicking that Mario unleashes on Bowser with his bare hands. He overpowers him completely.

No he doesn't, he out-speeds him and throws him into the spiked balls.
If he could "overpower" Bowser he'd just punch and kick him like you can normal Goombas.

Are Manky Kongs descendants of the original DK?

Where does Pauline factor into this?

The original woman in the Donkey Kong arcade game is just referred to as Lady now, so for this to all make sense I'll just go with that. She and Jumpman have a child.
The current Pauline is the Pauline that current Mario and current Donkey Kong fight over.

If you can grab someone, keep ahold of them, and toss them through the air, you have physically overpowered them. Undoubtedly.

If you are both facing each other, definitely.
But not if you're behind them. You have an advantage there, all you did was out-speed them.

Was working on this a while ago, was gonna add everything marioverse but bloody hell that's a lot of work

Attached: donkeywip.png (1527x654, 600K)

Mario can only grab Bowser by his tail, an appropriately vulnerable area for a large turtle, whose shell would make reaching behind himself very difficult. Attempting to grab or punch Bowser from any other spot gets you contact damage.

It is a stretch for Mario's strength.

It's unironically a masterpiece.
I wish it didn't end like a shitpost though.

Very nice, user.
Although, yes, white DK and Diddy are just DK and Diddy.
Also, what's that blue thing up above Cranky?

Mario is not a person, but a tittle.
The Jump Man.

He passes the cane to those who he considers worthy, granting them super human force and endurance, and of course, his jumping power.

According to Jumpman is confirmed to be (assumedely) the current Mario. Unless that's wrong, and Jumpman really is Mario's grandfather, which makes more sense. And it's possible that the Mario in Super Mario Kart was actually current Mario's father, which explains how he could race together with DK Jr. But what about the other characters in that game? Are they just the fathers/mothers of the current characters as well? And why would this Mario be content with racing against the person who murdered his father?

And none of this explains how current Mario and baby Mario can exist at the same time. Maybe it was time travel shenanigans, like in Partners in Time.

Attached: 1519449815149.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Also, Diddy is Donkey Kong's nephew.
And where are you getting the love triangle with DK, Candy and Funky? You aren't pulling from the animated series, right?

Baby DK should be connected to Cranky clearly.

spin-offs aren't canon

No, he shouldn't. Current Mario and current Donkey Kong are the same age, they're the ones in Yoshi's Island DS together.

And Luigi? Is that a title as well?

Diddy and DK aren't related, they aren't even the same species

Maybe Luigi is the original Mario's dead brother who goes around possessing people.

Here's an update.

Attached: Kong Family Tree (Revision).png (1321x554, 51K)

Blue thing is the mirror owned by Cranky's ancestor
Diddy being Donkey's nephew isn't canon as much as I want it to be
Smash trophy for Candy says she gets romantic attention from Donkey and Funkey, the animated series definitely didn't have that
Baby DK is almost certainly modern DK, Cranky's eyes are conjoined while Baby DK's and modern DK are not

Smash isn't canon though. Like, to anything besides itself.

He can literally swing him around by his tail and call him a faggot.

Here's another revision to this.
I feel like we're getting closer to this being solved.

Attached: Kong Family Tree (Revision).png (1321x554, 49K)

He never went anywhere?

Attached: dkjr.png (1403x1388, 2.01M)

For the millionth time.
The original Donkey Kong from the Donkey Kong arcade game is Cranky Kong.
He had a son with Wrinkly Kong, that son is Donkey Kong Junior.
Donkey Kong Junior has a son, who si the gorilla in your picture, the Donkey Kong we all know and love who stars in the Donkey Kong Country series.
Read the thread if you want more info.

All three are the same and lore does not matter.

So how do the spinoffs play into all of this? Are they just not canon?

That's literally wrong. Even normies could tell you that. And if lore doesn't matter, then why the fuck are you in this thread?

>Are they just not canon?
Bingo.

>ESLfag still at it
lmao

Didn't Returns or TF have some concept art that showed DK on another planet? Could be cool.
Would we see Xananab again?

>lmao
gay.

Talk about the lack of games.

So where does Pauline fit in all of this?

Fucking game is so good . Fack gimme the level editor nintendooo

Donkey Kong is the third...
Donkey Kong the third...
Lupin the third...
the third...
Donkey Kong is Lupin the third!

Lupin won't escape me this time!

That's not what this thread is for.

I know English isn't your first language, but this thread is for a different purpose.

>Monkey Punch
>Donkey Kong is an ape who punches

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

Mine definitely is, but yours certainly isn't. It's clearly some sort of netspeak. This is clearly a Donkey Kong thread on a videogame board.

>This is clearly a Donkey Kong thread on a videogame board.
About Donkey Kong's family tree.
Not the lack of new games in the franchise.

Oh. Maybe you're blind? OP included a pic of DK Junior. We're wondering what happened to him.

>picture of donkey kong in the OP
>What happened to him
Even if this wasn't the case, it wouldn't matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=UtGL5yKdSCk

Do you not understand how Yea Forums works or something?

>talking about donkey kong video games in a donkey kong thread is bad for some reason

Theory: Pinky was a girl and Donkey Kong 3 is the product of incest, and that made him immune to mind control like Philip J. Fry
That’s also why you don’t see Jr. or Pinky anymore. They were exiled for their taboo relationship

Because we aren't talking about the general video games, we're talking about the Kong family tree. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Reminder that DKC TV show is a canon prequel to the first Donkey Kong Country game.

Current DK could feasibly be a grown-up Junior if we simply assume there is a missing generation between him and Cranky.

If DK was a baby at the same time as Mario, here's my theory. DK Sr. (Cranky) was experimenting with his youth serum that he has in the TV show. Baby Donkey Kong accidentally ingested a concentrated dose of it which slowed his aging explaining why he still appeared as a kid in Donkey Kong Jr. while Mario was an adult. Eventually he started to age normally.

The animated series isn't canon.

mario odyssey basically confirms that donkey kong jumpman is mario

Okay, you do that. But video games expand beyond that.

>donkey kong hockey
>it's a game and watch
>it's fucking field hockey

there is only one donkey kong and one mario. dk jr died a horrible death that is why nobody talks about him

How can you be this fucking dense?
Start your own thread.

>dk jr died a horrible death
Explain.

his kart crashed while practicing for mario kart 64. he burned alive. DK joined the tournament in his memory

Not true.

It's a new adventure. Arcade DK takes place on DK Island's Big Ape City, GB DK takes place later on in what would eventually become New Donk City.

I wish we didn't have to fit the stupid fucking Mario vs. DK games into canon. They just don't fit Cranky's OR current DK's personality.

If you actually watch it, there are tons of clues that it takes place before Rare's games.

DK is constantly referred to as "future ruler" K. Rool doesn't have his bloody eye yet and operates from a base on Kongo Bongo. After the show ends, Inka Dinka Doo decides DK is finally a worthy ruler and transforms the island into Donkey Kong's image.

Also a younger Kiddy Kong appears in the form of Baby Kong.

The TV show is an absolute nightmare to fit in if you really want it to be canon
Why does Baby Kong (the baby version of Donkey Kong) return in a later episode as a baby unrelated to Donkey Kong?
Where did Bluster and Eddie go?
Why do Candy and Dixie look like completely different characters?
And maybe most importantly
Why does K. Rool have no tail?

Just reread what you wrote and try and tell me it doesn't sound like something an absolute schizo would say.

He's the current Donkey Kong, he just grew up and took classic Kong's place (and classic Kong became Cranky Kong)

Smell my dick cheese smegma sorceror

What do you mean?

wait why the fuck does cranky have a youth serum

Attached: seeyouagain.jpg (1450x632, 185K)

>The Great Banana Split

Attached: 1513632375641.gif (538x572, 338K)

>I think the only one we can be sure that is THE green yoshi is the one from DS to Mario World 2 to New Island.

The only problem with this is that New Island took place on another island entirely due to the stork's mix up with taking the Baby Mario Bros. to the wrong house. There's no way the stork dropped Baby Mario on the exact same island with the exact same Yoshis, especially with the title Yoshi's "NEW" Island.

Odyssey debunks this theory as she's confirmed to be Lady

Attached: Super-Mario-Odyssey-Pauline-6-640x360.jpg (640x360, 58K)

So who is Paulina in current lore?