We haven't had a Ratchet and Clank thread for quite a long time

Let's fix this

Attached: b2ji48b9roj3l0hma8ju.jpg (800x450, 57K)

There's nothing to really talk about. In all likelihood fucking Spiderman has killed the series.

Spiderman? Please do tell (I'm serious i want to know)

Attached: file.png (700x300, 373K)

There's not much to explain. Sony is in control of whether Insomniac gets to make another Ratchet and Clank. Spider-Man sold more than any of the Ratchet and Clank games, therefore Sony and Insomniac will want to focus on sequels to Spider-Man. After a certain amount of time, Ratchet and Clank will have gone too long without a new entry and it will no longer be seen as a franchise with a viable future. At that point the series will be permanently dead.

Spider-man has killed any hopes I have for Insomniac's future.

Insomniac worked on a bunched of shitty VR games while making Spider-man, so there is no reason to not think they are currently working on a new R&C alongside with SM2

*bunch

That makes sense, To be honest i would rather see the first Four games ported onto the PS4 that's all i want from the franchise, I don't like this new Remaster/Reboot fad but at the same time i don't want games like Ratchet and Clank, Crash bandicoot and Spyro to be left in the dust again.

R&C requires a far greater budget and team size than some "shitty VR games".

Even if only 30 people worked on the VR shit, those are 30 people who could have been working on a R&C game and that game would sell like 50 times more than the other garbage.

Series needs a new name so it can move beyond Ratchet and Clank as the main characters.

You don't want to play a Ratchet and Clank game made by thirty people on the budget of a VR game. That way lies All 4 One.

Reminder that if you haven't listened to the dev commentary of 3 you're doing yourself a disservice

is an OG trilogy remake possible, bros? did terribly rebooting the first game kill those hopes?
This console generation we got remakes of Crash and Spyro. How likely is it that next console generation we'll get remakes of Ratchet and Jak?

I never really thought about that, but you're kind of right. While I like their chemistry, the characters have been stagnant for such a long time now, and they missed their chance to revitilize them with the reboot by making their personalities much duller than they were in the original game.

>terribly
In terms of gameplay and visuals it's the best in the series. The problem is that everything else in the game is lacking. Still, it's better than shit like Deadlocked, Quest for Booty, or Into the Nexus. I'd even rank it above Tools of Destruction which I found painfully boring.

1 is fine as it is but making 2 & 3 control more like gladiator, fixing 2's bosses and ship segments and giving 3 some more real content along with implementing their original vision for the Quark games would be neat.

Attached: 7485484786.png (916x986, 549K)

It's like half of the original game's levels and there's ot many weapons, all of which are recycled from the future series. the upgrading was a cool mechanic I'll give them that, but it feels so SOULLESS compared to the original. Yes it's beautiful and has great controls compared to the original but it's missing so much. Tieing in with the movie was a huge mistake. Hell, the movie was a huge mistake. And that Drek redesign/recasting? biggest fucking gripe I have

>original vision for the Quark games
I know nothing of this, elaborate?

Anons, just enjoy all the games we have. Ratchet became shit after deadlocked and especially with the remake. Rather have someone who likes them make a spiritual successor or at the very least not ruin it further.

>ot many weapons
*not

Xem92 is doing a 100%(ish) triple combo speedrun of Rac 1, 2 and 3 on his twitch right now if someone is interested.

They have 2 studios. The b-team is smaller and responsible for all the Ratchet games after ACiT. Hence why the series went to shit.

I want it to close down. Actually, I just want Insomniac to go bankrupt at this point. It'd be a mercy killing over becoming a capeshit sweatshop.

>Ratchet became shit after deadlocked
Crack in Time was good.

Don't remember the details but apparently there was a lot of infighting about how the vidcomics should've been made, so much so that in the commentary one of the devs went on such a brutal rant about them that he ended up censoring the video afterwards.
From what I can remember, some of the team wanted to go all out on it and make it a proper minigame that played like megaman X or something but they kept getting shot down by higher ups.

Tbh I dont think we'll get another game of this series anytime soon. Spiderman did sooo fucking good that Insomniac is probably focusing all of their resources on its sequel. But I still have hopes that we are gonna get some spinoffs in the future, made by the B or C team of course.

Then THANK YOU SONY O WISE ONE.
Because God fucking knows that any Ratchet and Clank game made today would have Ratchet swallowing Clank and drinking hundreds of liters of water until he resembles a balloon, probably followed by piss and shit play and reverse birthing.
FUCK any games that have furshit, literally no good game that has antropomorphized animals has come out in the past decade.

1, 2, 3 are the only Ratchet and Clank games worth playing anyway. Peace.

This site has destroyed your brain.

I used to play Rachet and clank 3 with my brother just fucking around and collecting all weapons in multiplayer battle instead of actually fightning eachother.

me too user, me too