Umihara kawase

Ahhhhh it's finally here! But seriously, what happened? Why isn't this on the eshop? Yes i know what happened with nicalis but come on, this is muy first umihara i hope it's comfy, umihara kawase thread

Attached: IMG_20190713_152230.jpg (3120x4160, 3.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.nicalis.com/products/umihara-kawase-fresh?variant=22529637220400
pastebin.com/WgjKgKYX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

she cute

I don't like it.
Ugly 3D models.
I want my sprites back.

Attached: 4774578968387.png (2049x1449, 144K)

Haven't really played umihara kawase, but that new style is really offputting

WHAT happened with Nicalis?

>Yes i know what happened with nicalis
What happened to Nicalis?

Where can I buy this version?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1310x808, 587K)

What is it?

Attached: D-0vL2nVUAEMB0A.jpg (2448x3264, 1.92M)

what happened with nicalis?

they didn't send out review copies either....

Thats a dlc For the game blade strangers, i thought it was fake, wich means the rest if the leaks are true, can't remember but had cool characters, haven't played it since i bought it anyway.

I don't really know the full story but they made the creator sign some papers to sell the ownership of kawase, since the guy barely knows english he fall For it which is the reason why the japanese version of kawase has the nicalis logo over the succes one (succes males the umihara games) that's why kawase appears in everything nicalis distributes, didn't you thought it was wierd?

THAT'S WHAT NICALIS MEANS?!

FUCKING STUPID

Wait, so Fresh wasn't made by the original creator of the series? I don't fully understand. Did success make Umihara Kawase Fresh or not?

>Buying the US release instead of importing the Japanese version months ago
Faggot.

It was never anounced nor it had any publicity, it's weird, nicalis has full ownership of the series now, they didn't showcase it at E3 and it's not even on the eshop, i just hope the game doesn't go bye because everyone says it's pretty good.

>succes males the umihara games
Isn't that Studio Saizensen?

It's fucking Nicalis, look it up. One of the worst publishers on the market, even more if you live outside NA.

Correct.
Success is just the JP publisher.

So who the fuck DEVELOPED this game, & why shouldn't I buy the launch edition on NICALIS's site right now? It's not on the E-shop so if I want it in english that's the only way I can get it.

hahaha this thread is such a fucking mess.

>even more if you live outside NA.
What do you mean?

That's why you don't fucking mention Nicalis in the OP

Attached: 1562718312260.jpg (1759x1898, 1.16M)

Studio Saizensen developed the game, as pointed out above.
Nicalis is a terrible publisher and you can support the game without supporting them.
>if I want it in english that's the only way I can get it.
The JP version has the english localization and it released 4 months ago.

Nearly all their games don't get a physical release in EU and are way more expensive digitally (when they're released there).

I just wanna fuck those big teenage titties

Sorry, you're right, this is the first i play so i didn't really know

Im poor user, sorry

Do you know the full story senpai?

>why shouldn't I buy the launch edition on NICALIS's site right now?
Because Nicalis is a fucking scumbag and doesn't deserve your money.

>It's not on the E-shop so if I want it in english that's the only way I can get it.
The Japanese version of the game came out in April and is fully in English. You could have been playing it all this time. That's right, the US release was delayed for absolutely no reason.

why are her tits so big?

>The JP version has the english localization
Ok, where can I buy the japanese version with the Super Famicom box like in the earlier picture then? If it's region free & fully in english I may as well buy that one right?

Attached: matsumoto.gif (500x452, 987K)

So they can bounce around

she had to get new ones after her old ones blew up in hiroshima

Did something happen? Kinda wondering myself because the PC version of Remilore still hasn't released yet, even when the developer said the port is fully ready

>Nearly all their games don't get a physical release in EU and are way more expensive digitally (when they're released there).
Not defending them but that's the case for many publishers.
I may be wrong but I think the SFC box is a Nicalis thing, so you're out of luck.

If you really want that super famicom box (I don't know why), it's not in stock anymore.
If you want the JP version, you can buy it wherever you want, it's half price on amazon JP for example.

>special edition only in japan
>despite nicalis having full ownership
WHAT IS THE BLIPPIN POINT?

Attached: 1496471_7.png (262x150, 85K)

>E FOR EVERYONE
That's the american launch edition. You can buy it on Nicalis's site right now.

Why isn't it on amazon? I mean they have their own account

Everyone is talking about Nicalis and shit but how is the game? I hope they'll release a PC port.

>Do you know the full story senpai?
Search Nicalis and Cave Story. Or 90s Arcade Racer. Or Nicalis and Europe. etc

>Not defending them but that's the case for many publishers.
That's really not the case. The only publisher still fucking up in Europe is Capcom and that's only for Switch.
Not sure in which year you think you are to think there's still issues or differences between american and european releases.

there's a whole pastebin of things that show some of the shitty things Nicalis has done, but here are some of the famous stories:
>Tricked the Cave Story creator into giving them the rights to the IP(though to save face, they claim they ask for permission to do things that change the original game)
>Bought the publishing rights and agreed to help finish a kickstarter devs passion racing project only to cancel the development and kick the developer off the project(along with openly joking about the fact that they cancelled it)
>They cut off all communication with developers at certain points throughout the development and this leads to really shitty development situations
>delay releases of games they publish so they can make "special physical versions" that are basically gacha shit in their own right
>stealthily release certain games without the developers knowing(happened with Runner3 PS4 and 1001 Spikes Physical Edition)
>constantly try to buy out indie properties by targeting smaller studios and developers and then take credit for those properties(now it's happening with Kawase, but it's happened with games like Mr. Tako, Cave Story, and probably other indie games)
they're a terrible company and they live off of screwing over hard working devs

Attached: parappa-header.jpg (620x350, 47K)

>Search Nicalis and Cave Story. Or 90s Arcade Racer. Or Nicalis and Europe. etc
Adding to that La Mulana.
Jesus

Incompetence? It says "SFC LAUNCH EDITION" right there. Maybe they think they can make more money if they sell it on their site instead of through amazon.
store.nicalis.com/products/umihara-kawase-fresh?variant=22529637220400

Who cares this is a Nicalis thread now

Attached: 1562718009716.jpg (1709x1932, 924K)

Because they get more money through their own store.
The game is good, just pretty different due to the metroidvania structure.

>yfw Nicalis bought the ip because they saw that Kawase fans were gonna import the JP version to avoid giving them money

Attached: aiz1rfthmii11.jpg (634x625, 20K)

I've never played this series but want to buy this game. Is there any difference in the game itself between the JP and US versions, or is it just a matter of supporting scummy publishers?

other thing they did
>took off all references to the original developers of Ikaruga in the re-release of the game on modern systems and claimed that it's because Sony and Nintendo don't allow it.

>Nicalis bought the ip
So...the original creator no longer OWNS umihara kawase now? Some american company bought the rights to umihara forever & ever?

>comes in a SFC box!
>mfw i bought it from amazon
>no famicom box For me
This bugs me more than i thought and i didn't even know about that box up until this thread.

Add to that list. Remilore was suppose to be released back in April

They original creator no longer exists

Do you know what >yfw means?

>They original creator no longer exists
So what happened to the people who made sayonara umihara? Was that made by SUCCESS?

The original creator did most of the art for the calendar included with the JP release

God damn this board is stupid

Attached: 1562717416332.jpg (1749x1900, 615K)

>Is there any difference in the game itself between the JP and US versions,
No.

>or is it just a matter of supporting scummy publishers?
Bingo.

The JP version has JP/English/Chinese as languages.
The US version has just english and has a shitty publisher.

Stop confusing people by saying dumb stuff.
The original creator still exists and still makes games, not only Kawase.

you're an idiot for buying anything with nicalis on the box.

What do you mean? Toshinobu Kondo is alive

he still exists, but he's not part of any studio, he was involved with this game though I'm pretty sure.

Wasn't the calendar just with the Amazon JP special release? Or is that another calendar?

Kondo still works for Saizensen.
He just didn't direct Fresh.

>read a tweet from the furi devs saying any indie dev should DM them about the shitty stories with Nicalis
How the hell does a company like this still exists?

Attached: Jones FUCKING PISSED.jpg (754x650, 48K)

For some reason they manage to trick JP devs into thinking they're a good dev.

into thinking they're a good publisher*
My bad.

people basically were forced to give them money since importing the japanese games they localize isn't as easy. Also I feel like most people don't really know about how bad they really are and only know about Cave Story

Did I miss a scan dump?
I NEED THEM FUCKING NOW

Attached: 1392657365588.jpg (250x275, 18K)

Give the full pastebin

I can't find it, but it's been posted before, a lot of it is stuff I just said in that post.

Where can I get this version?

Attached: mystery.jpg (2592x1944, 669K)

>only know about Cave Story

Honestly the Cave Story thing is all you should really need to shit on Nicalis, the rest is just to reinforce the argument that they're a trashy publisher.

It's easy to find in the archive with "nicalis pastebin"
pastebin.com/WgjKgKYX

on ebay from scalpers.
It's just the vita version of Sayonara, nothing to do with Fresh.

OP here, i bought muy copy from amazon
>mfw i don't have that famicom launch box
I feel more upset than i should, anyway, i didn't know nicalis was that bad, damn, i only knew about the umihara and cave story creators...

Attached: 1469753323012.jpg (450x255, 26K)

>people basically were forced to give them money since importing the japanese games they localize isn't as easy.
Which isn't true. It's easy to register for an Amazon Japan account and set the site's language to English. I ordered Umihara Kawase Fresh from Amazon JP and got it like 4 days later, which is an absurd shipping time from Japan.

Why don't Pixel and La-Mulana devs talk about their experiences with Nicalis? Would at least make these devs wary even with language barrier

Yeah, but most people don't know that.

>Nicalis was founded in 2007[2] by Tyrone Rodriguez,[3] a former editor for IGN.[3]
Fuck, I didn't know that

They had a sale a few months back, I actually got the game cheaper after shipping it from Japan than if I had bought the English version.

Attached: 1562716554642.jpg (1757x1934, 1.36M)

JP indie developers don't talk much, and don't like to be explicit about this kind of experiences because it shows they've been dumb.
They've implied some stuff about this, but there's a reason La Mulana 2 has been crowdfunded and doesn't have Nicalis as publisher for example.

They probably are under contracts to not talk about it

You forgot another important part
>Headquarters: Santa Ana, California
Fucking California

Attached: 1562716618710.jpg (1745x1934, 1.39M)

the fact that the founder is named "Tyrone" should've been the bigger red flag

Attached: 1562716682462.jpg (1737x1922, 1.25M)

>Tyrone Rodriguez
That's the fake name you name your character in a GTA clone.

Bless you

Attached: 1562716746615.jpg (1741x1922, 1.39M)

Where the FUCK is the eshop release?

Why is it always California? I'm a europoor so I'm not familiar with this.

Attached: 1562716811500.jpg (1741x1934, 1.37M)

ask Nicalis.

Attached: 1562716876198.jpg (1729x1906, 1.25M)

is this game not coming out in europe?

>I'm a europoor so I'm not familiar with this.
It's the communist part of the nation. I wish I were joking.

Attached: 1562716939981.jpg (1745x1914, 900K)

I did. It's been days and still haven't gotten a response. Fucking Koei Tecmo got back to me within a day when I had to contact them.

Attached: 1562717095454.jpg (1733x1950, 1.31M)

It was supposed to be released digitally. Never physically.
Just import the JP version, there's english on it.

Attached: 1562717159421.jpg (1769x1890, 1.13M)

Nice dump

Thank you to the kind user posting those calendar scans.

T-thanks!

Attached: 1470069832824.png (300x400, 42K)

Funny, this almost feels like a decent Umihara thread when you have Fappe Tyme active

Attached: 1562717224340.jpg (1753x1902, 1.28M)

Attached: 1562717288190.jpg (1747x1908, 1.16M)

Post kawase

Attached: 1472151604997.jpg (703x1200, 113K)

>If I buy the american version it's cheaper & I get a neat super famicom box
>but I support a shitty company
>If I buy the japanese version I get a calendar & support the company who made it
>but I have to wait longer & pay more to import
I kinda want both releases.

Attached: ok.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

Attached: 1562717351502.jpg (1745x1908, 1.32M)

Attached: 1470172678220.jpg (194x259, 10K)

Probably never

Nicalis doesn't reply to people with legitimate questions or criticism.

Attached: 1470101412152.png (805x676, 353K)

Attached: 1562717479654.jpg (1743x1948, 1.43M)

A SFC box you'll onions over for 5 minutes and forget about isn't worth it.

Also amazon.jp is cheap as fuck and buying it off there will likely be faster than getting something off Nicalis' site.

Attached: 1562717550464.jpg (1731x1928, 982K)

You actually pay less from Amazon JP, and they reimburse you the import fees if you passed customs without issues.

Attached: 1562717615592.jpg (1755x1900, 1.34M)

Attached: 1562717679731.jpg (1740x1886, 906K)

You only get the famicom box from the nicalis store

Huh? Why not? If nicalis is the owner of the franchise now, what's stoping them from putting it on the eshop? They'll get a lot of sweet bucks

Attached: 1562717742907.jpg (1749x1906, 1.2M)

I'm genuinely upset that Kawase's game got fucked over like this. This was probably the only shot for the series to get a wider audience but Nicalis sent it out to die

>>Bought the publishing rights and agreed to help finish a kickstarter devs passion racing project only to cancel the development and kick the developer off the project(along with openly joking about the fact that they cancelled it)
The wierdest shit about this was that they first made it the butt of a april fools joke
And then it actually shows up at AX out of nowhere

Attached: IMG_20190714_002046.jpg (2048x996, 349K)

Attached: 1562717807829.jpg (1743x1941, 1.26M)

Attached: 1562717881982.jpg (1745x1942, 1.32M)

Attached: 1562718074555.jpg (1733x1937, 1.3M)

Quick! Someone sell me on this game before my dilation period is over.

No one has ever responded to me exactly why is nicalis bad at all

Attached: 1562718157797.jpg (1737x1901, 1.34M)

get out of here Tyrone

Attached: 1562718247800.jpg (1735x1907, 1.23M)

read the thread, there's multiple posts explaining it.

Attached: 1562718375688.jpg (1735x1904, 948K)

It's an unique challenging and fun platformer. Just pirate any of the previous games and give it a try, preferably Sayonara since the newer are more forgiving.

Damn, I guess that means Nicalis is good after all

They are bad but the guys saying they own Kawase now are making shit up

Check the Game Center CX episode for the original game.
The first 3 games are on Steam and on sale at each big sale.
The new game is kind of mission based and metroidvania inspired.

Attached: 1562718441228.jpg (1753x1887, 1.31M)

ME WANT SUCK UMIHARA PUSY!
>ME WANT SUCK UMIHARA PUSY!

Attached: lnh.jpg (495x362, 17K)

Attached: 1562718505474.jpg (1743x1904, 1.06M)

I don't know, they sound more like rumors than facts to me because I just see links to a stupid pastebin that anyone can wrote. Maybe if there was at least one link backing the claims I would believe it, but most sound like made up bullshit.

Prime example of soul vs soulless.

>caring about her pussy and not her breasts
Spotted the fake fan

Attached: 1562718573159.jpg (1747x1899, 1.29M)

So how's the actual game?

But everything is right.
Google (or whichever search engine you use) is your friend for the source on each part. It's easy.

>implying my dick won't be between her breasts when im sucking her pusy 69 style

Attached: giv.jpg (764x512, 200K)

>I don't really know the full story but they made the creator
You're just regurgitating shit you heard from the Cave Story release. Don't spread false rumors you cunt.

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 13K)

Attached: 1562718639854.jpg (1763x1910, 1.37M)

And done

Attached: 1562718707095.jpg (1767x1946, 1.29M)

Invalid usually shoves shit like stickers in their releases. Is there anything in here?

Why did they have to ruin Kawase, bros?

just a manual and a world map on the back of the cover

good as already replied by others.
Different from the usual if you know those games though.

I just see neogaf and reddit threads, sorry but it's not worth it. But it actually explains why are there so many idiots here who believe something without source.

Why weren't those links included in the pastebin?

Nigga you have the Fresh demo at the JP store with english text already in it.

Attached: 3bf1f3199ee7008ed8442b02d948b2bf0bffa6b6.png (750x1061, 460K)

Search harder zoomer
First time I see that pastebin and it's just someone that copy pasted posts from Yea Forums.

Thank you so much, man!

Attached: cbe3ccaea4644c1cb517a06a69c8946a02959280.png (401x641, 136K)

Thank you

Thanks a lot

Ludosity went on record about Nicalis terrible practices, especially with their Little Dew releases. There's a screenshot floating around from their discord.

Like I said, it's not worth it, and also I'm not the one trying to prove a point here
Go back to whatever fag hole you came from, you easily manipulable idiot.

If your goal is to shit on a company's reputation because of their terrible practices, you should absolutely spoonfeed people and back it up with sources.

Don't bother with those dicksucking retards. Chances are they're from nicalis themselves even.

why don't you click on the links you refuse to open then? Those neofag and reddit links, as cancerous as they are, have the sources inside.

How do you unlock Curly? I did all of the main story and Cotton's stages.
It's fine, I enjoyed what I played of it and playing with Cotton was fun, but Idk if I can really recommend because of how different it is compared to the other games. It's basically going from Point A to Point B on the same map 3~4 maps in the game. Certain stages can overstay their welcome though due to how long the destination can be, even with the fact you can make checkpoints by making campsites. The story was kind of boring, but let's be honest, you'd wouldn't be playing this type of game for that anyway. The demo on the Japanese demo is more or less what you're going to expect in the full game.

Attached: 1419318078433.png (1000x1000, 558K)

Nicalis is shit, but he's right. Those links in those Reddit and Neofag threads should be collated into a single pastebin.

Beat the giant tadpole fight again

Attached: 1562761833738.jpg (800x800, 73K)

Ah gotcha, sankyu
>that burger request actually did get draw
Nice

What the fuck happened with the PSP game? Why does it play like shit?

They outsourced the game on that one. The director then vowed to be personally involved with all UK projects thereafter.

PERFORMING FOR YOU

If you know Japanese,
You can join in, too~

she's got some nice titties.

why are they keeping this off the eshop? are there any other switch games that are physical only?

Has anyone beaten this yet? What was with the ending? Also, do I get anything if I complete all the extra missions?

Waiting for PC release but fuck I love Umihara Kawase. Will any of my money go to the original developer or will it all go to this shitty publisher?

If it's anything like other IPs the publisher worms into the creators will never see a cent for the rest of their lives.