How is the game as a detective/mystery driven game? Is the plot any good?

How is the game as a detective/mystery driven game? Is the plot any good?

I want to play the game but I seriously have no interest in the beat'em up style gameplay from the Yakuza series.

Attached: Judgment-573439.11.jpg (402x498, 56K)

I'm pretty sure there's still tons of beat'em up gameplay in it

I'm willing to go through them if the detective plot is thrilling enough.

Do you find very slowly following NPCs around for minutes at a time thrilling?

Yes, I mean I will play the game either way, just want to know how good it is as a murder detective game, I don't want none of the Heavy Rain crap.

The story is pretty good, but the protagonist has ridiculous plot armor.

>I will play the game either way
Then what the fuck are you wasting our time with this worthless thread, you worthless faggot? Just go play it and form your own opinion, if that’s even possible for you anymore.

Yakuza's shit writing doesn't suit a detective game. There's no fun doing actual detective work or even thinking about clues or what's happening when everything can be undone at any moment because of bullshit twists and melodrama. And of course the usual piss-poor combat is there with no improvements, they just added a new way to do ebin finishers as if these games weren't easy enough.

Seriously how can you be this retarded?
I am asking if the game is an actual detective story or just an action game posing as such with a detective protagonist, do you get it?

it's got a better story then almost all of the yakuza games. The lawyer and detective aspects are all well done. great gameplay great story

Thank you

Ignore him user. You should definitely buy Judgment. Storyline is slightly better than most Yakuza games (which isn't saying much) but the real draw is the amazing combat.

Attached: 021561053124563.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

i'm a big sucker for detective games, I'm a ace attorney fan and have played all the other shit like hotel dusk. judgement does this stuff justice, the main storys plot is fantastic. deals with government level cover-ups and serial murders, if you like that sorta stuff you'll like this game.

woah... truly amazing combat..

It doesn't do mystery and detective stuff half as well as the other games you mentioned. It's still just another Yakuza game. The plot is just a LITTLE less retarded than usual. You don't actually get to do anything detective like. You watch the cutscenes and wait for it to do all the detective work for you. The only thing for you to figure out who the mole is and it's obvious. It's annoying when you figure it out long before the game reveals it because there's nothing for you to do with the info. It's just like watching a predictable movie.

Fuck off zoomer

Attached: 1562762756552.webm (720x406, 2.4M)

If you aren't a fan of Yakuza gameplay, skip it. Judgment is just more of the same old shit.

It's just another Yakuza game. Same map. Same shitty combat. Same fucking game we've been playing for over 10 years. But with less to do in it.

Yeah I know, right? Literally if the mole was anyone other than Kaito it would have been a surprise.

Attached: Game Center Charles__3.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

Plot is good, but the parts where you have to flex your detective muscles are about as challenging as the first or second case in a Phoenix Wright game.

Yakuza has a "no child left behind" approach to game design. You practically can't die. Even on higher difficulties it's incredibly casual.
It's no surprise to me that this extends to the """detective""" work too. Brainlet stuff.

Crane Ex actions are Jackie Chan as fuck.

Jackie Chan uses QTEs against enemies that aren't even attacking him?

Why is this written as if the original op of this copy pasta didn't finish the game? I did and I felt the game had a decent enough twist and build up as opposed to rubber bullets, twin brothers and the end of y2.

>why do people have opinions that are different from mine?
Truly the biggest mystery to ever plague Yea Forums

No , more so want know the big bullshit , maybe rubber bullet tier, twist/revlations that op could've had been referring to I suppose.

>can't use the Yakuza 2 fake bomb copypasta because he never played Judgment or know the story so he has to be as vague as possible from stuff he watched on youtube

the fuck are you babbling about son

lol
yakuza gameplay is a fucking joke

Lurk these threads long enough and you start recognizing the handful of idiots that post here non-stop.

Attached: 8PZ1IAI.png (1884x888, 149K)

games you can only play once

I like the games but he has a point about consequential plot points
Kiryu getting stabbed would be a really cool part in the story, but he recovers five minutes later and then a golden castle comes out of the ground
I guess we could say it is just a fever dream because the entire sequence is so bat shit insane, but we all know that is not the case

Oh and here i thought it was some fresh pasta

Attached: omiqJPB.png (1861x554, 65K)

Damn, posted 8 times and still not refuted

No user the point is wrong because it's been said more than once. That's the only counterpoint I have but I'm still correct and you are wrong.

Sometimes i wonder if the true autists are the ones playing these games or the ones stalking these threads with the same tiring stock arguments.

>it's Yakuza but you play as a cop
why buy the same game for the millionth time? ryu ga studio are a bunch of lazy fucks

Hey, buddy. I like the games, don't misunderstand. Yakuza 2 holds a special place in my heart. The stuff with the castle is not detrimental to my overall experience, but you can't ignore some facts.
The fucker who posted is a simple hater, but the shit he posted still has a semblance of a point

I pass my free time nitpicking a wacky Japanese series about guys who roam the streets of Tokyo beating up thugs with their super saiyan aura with no police in sight until they explode in money and treat it as a serious crime drama.
You don't?

Just finished Judgment. It's an 8.5/10 desu; best RGGStudio game since 0. Actually got me on board with the direction they're taking the Dragon Engine, and I'm suprisingly excited for Shin now. A lot went right with this one that I didn't expect them to have nailed down by now -- an unexpected level of competence. Obviously there are a lot of features/mechanics I'll be happy to see the back of, too (e.g. tailing, key minigame just to name two).
Took me a while to get in the groove of the combat though, mostly due to my own retardation

What did you think user? Decent, or shit, game?

Attached: 1503772078496.gif (498x278, 1.82M)

>he wants the yakuza games to change
fuck off cancer

He's not wrong though