streamable.com/ffmo2
youtube.com/watch?v=-rzBlcl3Cb4
youtube.com/watch?v=BnOKdmAcSP0
youtube.com/watch?v=9O5-yJjJpZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=KqiU9NfdH-8
youtu.be/JurGajlyEew
youtube.com/watch?v=fZMoB6ms2mE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Edilibus a fucking retard or what? I cannot understand why this guy is still around.

Attached: 1480436156917.jpg (411x412, 65K)

It's the state of MODERN mmos.
The good ones are still going and are still a fantastic time.

Pretty much. Modern MMOs suck dick.

just buy a boost goy

The combat is so............................................slow

>but then it gets decent
user, I...

Even then think about the people who praise it You gotta realize half of those people investing so much time in pure shit. Then they compare the improvements only to the shit they've willingly consumed for so long. Or they compare itto other shitty MMOs.

Just going to play PSO2 once the oficial English release hits.

They're not bad, they're just not as good. Stop making dumb statements.

ARR is awful

It's not "really bad" at any point.
It does get much better from what it is at the start, but if you hate the beginning, you won't like it at the end

Anybody that claims anything before Heaven'sward is anything but absolutely embarrasing garbage is lying the fuck out of their ass.
The entirety of SB too, for that matter.

>just do 200 hours of fetch quest and it gets good

Attached: 1552353266192.gif (200x200, 2M)

>do the 200 hours
>it doesn't

just got my DRK to 70 bros

Attached: 1555639521423.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

It is, though. ARR and SB are irredeemable garbage. There is no excuse for the insulting amount of filler, you-literally-can't-lose, badly written shovelware that they encompass.
HW and ShB are somewhat, very seldomly decent, and the fun raids are available to you only by then.

thighs

Attached: 1543785985756.png (1560x1972, 2.28M)

>light mode
no one actually plays with this shit right?

Attached: 1561236839786.png (383x271, 256K)

I love Savage raids and such, but I enjoy the easy content too.
ARR and SB do have too much filler, but the they have enough entertaining parts to make up for it to me

I use it with f.lux when I'm playing at night.

Attached: 1561152785330.jpg (640x427, 58K)

FF14's dungeons and raids are a fucking embarrassment. They're meant to be highlights, but are just outright worse than games that consist of nothing but that type of content.

meanwhile boss attacks
streamable.com/ffmo2

That's fine. But I hope you understand from a logical and impersonal point of view, it's quite shit.

The story does get good. The fetch quest shit never goes away though nice job outting yourself as an autistic cutscene skipper though.

EMET HELP ME
HE HAS A KATANA AND I TOLD HIM ABOUT HYDAELYN AND ZODIARK

Issues with XIV:

>Literally every dungeon is a hallway with ironclad linearity
>Literally every boss is just a dude in a circular arena
>Everything related to PvP is shit
>Open world zones are tiny, empty, have nothing going on, and are separated by loading screens
>Zero player choice in character building (stat choice, skill choice, talents, gear choice, etc.)
>Gear is universally boring (No gear sets, no unique effects, etc.)
>Classes are completely amateurish in their design (combos that only exist to be done in perfect sequence, two separate abilities like Demon SSlice > demon Slaughter that could be done with a single proc, etc.)
>Boring questing with awful instancing, unlike TESO/GW2/etc with unique instanced zones only for questing
>Over-complicated crafting which is ultimately just as meaningless as WoW's because it only exists to make catch-up gear and consumables

Attached: 1562870803049.jpg (921x831, 84K)

>Emet-Selch gone
>fucking Zenos and Elidibus still around
It's not fair. We don't have any good villains left for the end at this point

Not really. It's still very much predictable shonen shit. All the way to Stormblood you still have fights with your character keeling over to literal who's for the sake of forced drama, cringe worthy meme "sidekicks" that take most of the screen time and if you dare tell me the random trip to fucking chinatown for the most bullshit reason pulled out of their ass, guided by a literal in-game weeaboo to boot, is good I will puke on you.

The dungeons and trials are legitimately well designed, even though they're simple and easy.
I agree that most of the story is shit from an objective standpoint, but I personally enjoy it so it doesn't bother me too much

>playing a dying game
lmaoing at you

You know, if you're just fishing for (You)s there are easier ways to do so. You don't have to visit every thread about a game you don't enjoy.

Attached: 1487854783697.gif (480x238, 443K)

I'm just confused, what exactly do people want out of this game within the first 100 hours? You have quests, jobs, boss fights, you travel to many different places, you get access to many different systems.
I just don't get it. People are always like "it gets better later" but it doesn't really. The game has stayed the same since it's release. Nothing big has changed. You still accept quests, you still go do silly mundane tasks here and there, even in Shadowbringers.
Don't force yourself to try and enjoy the game. It's hard to pass up a really cool story but why bother if you aren't going to enjoy the trip there.
I honestly can't wait until NG+ comes out so I get to remember how "hard" it was to progress through the game.

FF14 is slow, stiff, and soulless

Half of what you said only applies to ARR, stop lying.

I just finished SB, how the fuck did Zenos survive? I mean I had a hard time believing Yotsuyu and Gosetsu survived, after knowing Zenos survives too I'm fucking speechless.

If this isn't garbage storytelling, I don't know what is.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH EMET, HELP ME!! PLEASE!

Attached: 1532957929307.jpg (639x320, 9K)

I played for a few months shortly before Stormblood. It did something right, considering that I played for some time, but looking back all the ARR content was a slog and the game mechanically speaking is really braindead. I guess it was the artistic side, visuals, soundtrack, that kind of stuff that hooked me.

pic related. My main when I was starting out.

Attached: ffxiv1.jpg (726x504, 90K)

Attached: 1560372680169.png (1810x1080, 2.34M)

Of all MMOs WoW is and was peak soul and that will never change.

Post yfw last third of Amaurot

Attached: 1562255975000.jpg (750x750, 85K)

>Hildibrand quests

Is this what weebs think is funny?

Attached: ivantheterrible.jpg (432x619, 158K)

>WoW
>peak soul
>literally developed using playtime spreadsheets

I just hit level 50 for the first time with WAR and I found the leveling experience pretty enjoyable

Soulless games don't have music or character designs like this
youtube.com/watch?v=-rzBlcl3Cb4

Same here I'm a sucker for ffxiv's aesthetic and soundtrack which carried it a long way for me.

the video just proves his point

Elibus possess Zeno's body and Zeno possess some rando's body with his fake-echo

The worst part is just ahead. The transition from ARR to HW is literally 100+ filler quests.

Why does Yea Forums hate ffxiv all of a sudden?

Attached: 2693505 - Au_Ra Derplander Final_Fantasy_I Final_Fantasy_XIV Lord_Hien Magnai Penguin_Frontier hyur. (3576x2144, 1.12M)

Post your WoL, you nerds.

because it's popular and it's getting rave reviews

Unlike those two Zenos at least has a somewhat believable reason but I agree it's still fucking bullshit. Especially because he is such a bad character on top of it.

Desperate WoW shills doing damage control

They're ass coming from DDO. Nearly all the content in DDO is a 6-man "dungeon", with genuine challenge right from the start and design that goes miles beyond 14's lifeless corridors. They're not split apart by hours of trudging between quest NPCs, it's all good, all the time, from level 1, with an infinite degree of build diversity. Watching you guys settle for this garbage is really depressing me.

I hope you liked the filler episodes from Naruto because oh boy...

>WoL is too strong, better send in WoD to kill him. Backfires.

>WoL turned into the WoD ... better to send WoL to kill him, it'll surely work!

Attached: 1562551169639.png (908x763, 1.31M)

The only reason XIV ever gets threads is because people can't stay in their containment general. Nobody likes this shit.

Just you wait until level 72. Man, Stalwart Soul is a trip. God-tier animation & sound effect. It's the new Ring of Thorns. I run around Eulmore & the Crystarium and Idyllshire spamming it.

Attached: 1345480222062.png (1024x576, 178K)

Titania ex is such a shit fight, hopefully savage doesn't follow that kind of design.

lmao how can you talk highly about a game that literally just announced they are shutting down due to everyone fucking leave looooool

Attached: 1563042237087.png (706x598, 92K)

>Talking shit about crafting
stupid combat only retard detected.

Have you given Alisaie her daily dose of vitamins yet?

Attached: ffxiv_30062019_034046_759.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

except it doesn't get decent it stays shit

Amazing artist. I wish he did Roegadyn too.

>finally got my weapon
I'M FREE OH MY GOD TITANIA SHOULD SUCK COCKS
but have strange urge to join practice parties just to help them for sake of helping.

Attached: 1541714455398.png (237x229, 149K)

cant wait til they nerf you dumb whmfags. schchads rising back up in a few days, hope you enjoyed it whms

>people complain about linear dungeons
>yet everyone hates getting Totorak
Explain this?

The game that just released an expansion? Yeah okay

>You mean I have to read and play the game?!!?1!@!@3234234278efsjhdwgvblwesef2l38129021@?!@?!@?

>Emet didnt tell him that we are almost a complete being (9/14) and that his plan will make us straight OP
truly a rusemaster until the end

There Isn't much to do in this game after you finish the story so people spend their time shilling it to the max on forums. It's like Game of Thrones all over again except with weebs.

This'll tengle a bet!

Her accent keeps me coming back

Tfw no SPH titania gf to tell me bigger is better

Attached: 1553266743659.png (366x391, 167K)

I also need to spam keys at 200 apm to feel like a big boy.............

>>Open world zones are tiny, empty, have nothing going on
false. hunt trains are pure kino

Attached: ffxiv_07132019_151141_671.png (1920x1080, 3.46M)

Mix of being popular but also having an insufferable playerbase.
The game is also deeply flawed but it's popular because since WoW is dying the standard for this kind of game dropped through the floor, with FFXIV winning by default. So you have literal children that invested way to much time on this mediocre shit getting all defensive when someone criticizes their game.

I'd even be content if they just said "yeah I know ffxiv is bad, has a lot of questionable designs, but I like it", instead, they defend the garbage.

>OMG WoL, don't you have anything better to do with you time? Well since you're here you might as well sniff some chocobo butts in different zones. While you add it, pick up shit.

great writing. people defend this too

Attached: 1561325542944.jpg (471x388, 94K)

I hope they just buff AST instead and forget about you cucks.

>streamable.com/ffmo2
Shouldn't have stolen his eyes

OST
S
T
We honestly don't know anything about him

Attached: 1562733553368.jpg (394x810, 54K)

FFXI, now that was a good MMO. Why can't we just get FFXI HD pre-Abyssea?

Attached: 14838488379331.jpg (2560x1760, 1.42M)

Can someone recommend a comfy mmo that I can play with a friend right where we can actually cooperate right from the get-go and not just run concurrent quests? I don't have much experience with the genre and the only ones I can think of are instance-dungeon games like Vindictus.

man i cant wait to finally have a 2nd button to press during trash pulls

>100+ hours to get good
You just have to slog through Realm Reborn, which gets more interesting towards the very end, and then Heavensward is fucking great, and then Stormblood, which I hated, and then you finally reach Shadowbringers, the best expansion in FFXIV yet.

user there's a reason ffxi wasn't that popular

there's a reason the ffxi-esque xiv 1.0 was universally panned

Xiv

I especially like when people compare the story to mainline final fantasy, because I too adored all those final fantasy games where the central protagonist was some fucking mute retard called xxDemonSlayerxx

>posting ARR shit

DRK AoE is nutty. Especially when your boy Fray joins the Fray

Japanese culture is superior. Force yourself to play FFXIV if you must. For those we have lost, for those we may yet save.

Attached: ffxiv_koji.jpg (600x600, 196K)

I mean, instance-dungeon sounds ideal, no?

FFXI was SE's most profitable game until XIV recently overtook it. MMOs were just a very niche genre except for WoW. And 1.0 was nothing at all like FFXI in any way.

so am i supposed to still do the roulette if im a tank and it says adventurer in need even though i already done it or should i just keep spamming current dungeons

I'm unironically more interested in the Garlemald/Gaius/Zenos arc than in the ascian stuff

Attached: 1547125839971.png (1171x787, 764K)

F

Attached: IMG_20190713_153335.jpg (1660x2048, 314K)

who the fuck is that

As interesting and engaging as the XI version of BLM looks it isn't going to work in today's MMO market. Normies and brainlets will complain that it's too hard and they don't know where to start but those are the people you want as well as hardcore players or else it'll stay as small as XI.

There were times when I suspected Elidibus was a saboteur who was intentionally ruining the Ascians' plans for rejoining.
Now I realize hes just really stupid.

when the hell should i use emergency tactics as a scholar

Same reason they complain about the lack of speccing within jobs - it's a thing that WoW has that everyone secretly resents but puts up with because "more options = better"

spam current dungeons once you are done with your daily roulette

bro...you just posted cringe

Destiny 2.
There's no such thing as concurrent quests in FFXIV. The game forces you to play everything story-related solo with just the odd dungeon that requires a team and end-game content.

Attached: tiger_release_final_20190627_012717.png (1920x1080, 3.31M)

>people hear ShB is good
>start playing FFXIV
>WTF WHY DO I HAVE TO LEVEL UP AND GO THROUGH THE MSQ IN AN MMORPG? I THOUGHT I CAN JUMP RIGHT INTO THE NEW EXPANSION RETARDED GAME 0/10 FUCK YOU

(you)

in emergency situations

Yeah but I'm just curious about other options
How do you cooperate with your friend(s) in this game?

Is futa the most common commissioned work from XIV players? Crazy cats..

Attached: 02.gif (697x400, 621K)

>WoWfugees don't know based Koji
Sad!

Varys looks like someone straight out of WoW or Warhammer. Not that I mind, I want shoulderpads like that.

what level are you? to level you should do fates and roulettes, once thats all done, yes you can spam highest level dungeon

of fuck I meant shared quests.

>build options are bad
This is fuckin' hilarious to me. You guys are braindead.

>there's a reason the ffxi-esque xiv 1.0 was universally panned
the server sided UI? The fact that nasa supercomputers could only run it at 20 fps? The copy pasted zones that were a little bit too big? I know you're underage but the combat system was one of the better parts of xiv 1.0 you absolute retard.

I find it enjoyable quite quickly, beginning whenever I ran out of quests to do and found out about the hunt log, then I had to walk around and find exactly where the beasts were. You don't get the same level of enjoyment of exploring areas that are level-appropriate. Working your way up the list until you hit enemies that are far too high for you to deal with is a joy, nothing else in this game save for boss mechanics will kill players, and nothing else demands such meticulously proper usage of the appropriate cooldowns.
I think I prefer the log over the hunt bills, just for the feeling of completion, but hunt bills are a ready substitution when you reach the end of the hunt log at level 50.

He's the heart of the game in NA. He writes all the jokes, inspirational quotes, Urianger, etc. If you praise this game on NA you are praising him.

>m-muh illusion of choice
Retard

There are no actual options

Literally butthurt players of (other mmo) crying because their own game is shit while FF14 is the highest rated PC game on metacritic this year and is about to surpass WoW in subscribers.

Well, DDO is an instance-dungeon (with an overworld) which is pretty good in co-op. Wakfu/Dofus are pretty fun as co-op too.

XIV starts to throw dungeons and instances at you which REQUIRE you to party up with 3 other players from level 15 and on. Before that, you fags can run quests together and explore. If you can't appreciate the immersive world that is ARR, then this game is not for you. Go play some kmmo jank (which also probably hamfists a worse story on you)

Attached: 1562616183695.png (670x680, 725K)

Name 1 (one) MMORPG where you have "builds" and not just cookie cutter metas.

Wrong. Play WoW.

you guys need to fucking nuke your general

lol
lol

>wrong
Retard.

Literally fucking how. Zenos and his father are such bland and shitty characters. Not even Gaius and Estinien can make that arch any better it seems and with Emet gone there is literally nothing interesting left.

What are you even saying
Are you assuming I'm talking about WoW?
Believe it or not, good MMOs actually exist

The guy that keeps fucking up with his translations.

Build options in these games just mean everyone picks the same one or two builds. Even in WoW classic, everyone had the same meta builds. Offering the illusion of choice just so you can feel smart by looking up a build guide is bad design.

>leveling second job
>3 levels to go but i am tired of doing the same dungeon 5 times for one level up
Can i just spam any of the roulettes instead for similar xp?

>play wow
Why are you advertising in an xiv thread

It's empathy, you want to elevate others past the clear party hell.

hahaha

epic

Attached: 1545633797431.jpg (474x330, 52K)

Of course there are metas for optimal performance. But the point is that other builds are not completely unviable.

You can still clear most of the content with a "sub-optimal" build in WoW.

I understand that most people shitposting about xiv being bad are assmad it's doing great, but I'm concerned there are actual human people who believe it's not the greatest mmo on the market rn

wowbros are truly at their most desperate point, 8.2 is a failure and classic is dead

We've done this bit. DDO. Multiclassing opens a ludicrously wide array of viable builds to the point where you barely ever see the same build twice among experienced players. Novelty is the whole point. Wacky mixes of all kinds of classes can be made to work, and work well, with playstyles completely unique to you.

Holy fuck, who's the artist for real

For the 3rd time

It doesn't matter if you have 50 builds to the same job, people will still flock to the most efficient one. It's a waste of dev time and a balancing nightmare.

Any fellow krauts playing the game on German? How do you like the translation/voice acting? I personally thought they had done a pretty good job this expansion. I was switching on and off for a while to compare but I honestly liked it the best.

Attached: ffxiv_06072019_212106_766.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

Name one good MMO that has at least 50k+ active players.

Attached: joost_concerned.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Do they plan to add anything new to The Gold Saucer this expac?

Attached: file.png (1574x1080, 1.85M)

The roulettes should each be done once a day.
Do your hunting log.
Find a FATE farm party.
Do the hunt bills.
You may choose to delve in the deep dungeons.

Its only really funny because Hildebrand's faces look so off.

Where's the WoL? I want to kick their ass.

Attached: 1544801861809.jpg (800x1400, 99K)

Penguin Frontier
There's some good stuff on rule 34 paheal

give drk glamour inspo

>doing ninja quests
>boss fight has stack mechanics, try to stack with Karasu
>Fucker Shukuchis away at the last second
You piece of shit
You really are the best ninja

Will the scions finally fuck off after this expansion? Everyones had their character arcs completed, I want Gaius and Estinien as the supporting characters

GW2's the best when it comes to playing with friends but yeah, games like Vindictus or the OG Guild Wars do the job better IMO. Wakfu's also great.

What if, and hear me out here, your game was defined by more than "who does the most DPS" or "who tanks hardest"? What if your game was more than an inch deep, and a wide range of character builds could contribute in their own way? What if creating a playspace full of interesting mechanical choices is literally a designer's entire job?

He does look like he belongs in WoW, but Blizzard didn't invent the look. Final Fantasy did it before Blizzard even made Warcraft 1.

Attached: temp.jpg (660x1000, 94K)

that's funny as fuck
you'll probably fool someone too

DDO isn't fun at all.

The entire thing is new to me.

Well, isn't the next expansion going to be Garlemald? I would bet Gaius at least will have a significant role.

The ever-growing amount of MSQ's is going to become a huge problem sooner or later. They'll eventually have to either trim it way down or just do the wow thing and include a jump potion with the new expansion. You can say "but it's a FF game first, of course people should be in it for the story!" all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still an mmo and people are going to want to do the 'relevant' content with their friends, eventually most people are going to look at the hundreds of hours required just to get there and say "nah fuck that"

sex emotes

Alisaie's arc is far from completed until the WoL knocks her up.

L I M S A
Please be in Limsa!

Attached: minfilia 4343432443243.jpg (1074x921, 152K)

I'm a bit retarded, help me out here.
What were the implications of the elemental chart scene in Urianger's house? I get that we established that light as an element represents static, and dark the active. But the translation to umbral and astral is a bit lost to me. We use umbral in reference to an umbral calamity and age it brings, because the world changes, whereas during an astral age it's sort of static and sort of peaceful? Or was the whole scene just there to imply that black rose was made of astral/light aspect aether, which shuts down the bodies of those afflicted by it because of its static nature? Or was it about the naming convention being a bit weird because umbral/astral were used in reference to the effects perceived rather than their actual nature, which is why the First referred to them as Light/Dark instead?

Also, has BLM been hinting at this the entire time with its mechanics? In Umbral Ice, your mp regenerates because your aether is active, but in Astral Fire, you can't recover mp because it turns static? Are all elements inherently umbral/astral or are they just descriptors, like could there be astral ice?

Also I am aware this chart is wrong for this game because it's from FFXI and XIV elemental charts are a bit different, but this is the fanciest one I could find at a glance since I didn't take a screen from the one in Urianger's house.

Attached: Prime_Elements_Chart_FFXI_Art.png (1000x1000, 1.91M)

>watching the cool shit with gaius/estinien/zeos happening on the side while we fuck around with a bunch of magic using fags

Attached: 1517370784901.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Last I've checked the objective is to kill the raid boss, not to suck his dick. That's why dps is important.

>I would bet Gaius at least will have a significant role
yeah jobbing to zenos lmao

FF14 isn't fun at all.

I'll take a fairly balanced game over one that has multitudes of "viable" builds and twice as many cuck-shed ones.

fine with my, Zenos is my friend

endgame is WoL teaming up with Zenos

Just don't play it if you're looking for a good endgame. GW2's endgame has been hot trash since release.

>two completely different combat system
???

I disagree.

Uh oh the tranny shilling ddo in xiv threads is back

Yet here we are in a FFXIV, not a DDO thread.
Do you know why?

>Is this what weebs think is funny?
Its what japs think is funny

I liked it better when world visit wasn't a thing. There's an A rank somewhere here and we're all standing on top of it but there's just so many players that its model isn't loading.

Attached: ffxiv_07112019_005620_5381.jpg (1227x868, 180K)

Zenos' way of survival was at least heavily foreshadowed. People constantly talk about how the Echo should theoretically allow you to body hop like Ascians do, so I have no idea why people were so surprised when someone finally did it.

>when you win a pvp match while the other GC has a premade on it
Is there a better feeling?

Attached: 1542147832401.jpg (538x491, 26K)

the implications is EUREKA 2 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE

>Or was the whole scene just there to imply that black rose was made of astral/light aspect aether, which shuts down the bodies of those afflicted by it because of its static nature?
Correct-o mund-o
It also means that when the calamity of the First combining with the Source happens, and the Source gets flooded with light from the First, Black Rose's potency will be increased to apocalyptic levels.

>play frontline roulette every day
>still have no idea how to actually play PVP

>Just don't play it
FTFY

Rewatch the cutscene with the Sahagin leader in ARR.

Back when hunts were more popular, my dear newfag, it would do that even with the population of one server.

Because I find the struggle of a manipulated empire on the verge of collapsing into civil war and a sociopath heir on the loose a lot more interesting than overarching plots about gods and creators

FFXIV and "fairly balanced" should never exist in the same sentence. Even when they do not have to account for multiple builds like other games in the genre do, they manage to fuck class balance to smithereens every single time they change anything.

tank Q's are SLOW AS FUCK

MMOs are a 200gb install of useless old shit just so you can grind a 1% of the "current content" over and over to raise a number in a database.

The scene was just to tell you that the Light is actually Umbral and the Dark is Astral, and that the assumption on the Source was simply backwards. People on the Source assumed that the passive state of Umbral would refer to Darkness because it embodies the lower, colder, more earthly aspects. And the reverse for Astral.
>Also, has BLM been hinting at this the entire time with its mechanics?
Yes, the Umbral/Astral thing isn't new to the lore. The only new thing is how they relate to light and dark.
>could there be astral ice?
Yes, Astral and Umbral are simply polar states of aether. Any element can be tilted in either direction. Umbral ice is something like 'coldness', like a chill in the air. Astral ice is a blizzard. Umbral fire is heat and dryness, while astral fire is an actual literal fire.

You're delusional. You think you're living in an imaginary fantasy land where multiplayer games don't all devolve into people playing in the most efficient way and trampling all over those who don't.

There is no point in having "build options" for your character when everyone will be compelled to use the most efficient one anyway. FF14 has tried it several times in different ways (crossclass actions, role actions), and it always ends with everyone using the same setup, so why bother wasting development time on it at all?

FF14 gives you nearly two dozen "build options" in the form of different classes which you can all play on the same character. That's far more customization than WoW or other MMOs allow, and nothing more granular than that is needed.

Umbral elemental = bad
Astral elemental = good

For example.
Astral wind heals while umbral wind damages. It basically means the same elemental can be good and bad depending on their astral/umbral connotation.

What urianger explains is that the eorzea school teaches that water, ice and earth is umbral while wind lightning and fire are astral due to their passivity/activity and that's not right since in the first there's umbral light unlike the astral light in the first.

You can clear content with any job. This is balance.

calm down, the gunbreakers will go back to being samurai after the first patch

Dofus

most jobs are about on par outside of a few edge cases, and this has remained true in all major updates. The "meta" only really mattered during Gordias Savage.

>all this xiv hate that has picked up because brainlets tried the game and it wasnt for them
Just move on to a thread for a game you LIKE

Attached: 1562913947134.png (512x512, 80K)

is there any knigga armor for PLD? the AF1 gear is legit retarded

Yeah which is why I picked a smaller server you cock sucking nigger. Stop bragging about inconveniences balmunglers had to deal with that I now have to deal with.

For many of them, sure, but in FFXIV you have to actually play through the story to get to the latest expansion.

It always turns into that once a game starts getting expansions. After that, it's all an endgame rush, and anything blocking you from that is a waste of time.

Press buttons and look at map. Or just follow the drones around.

>WoL can beat old dragons, primals and genetically engineered super humans like Zenos

>gets destroyed by an old man and his dragon pet even with scions backing him up

Alright, they better have an explanation for this later on.

Attached: Capture.jpg (618x637, 56K)

Because for some reason people making MMOs don't sit down and think for one second "wait, what about in 3 expansions time". So they end up being a tottering tower of old shyte piled higher and higher and higher.

Astral and Umbral aren't good or bad, lorelet. They're just polarities that refer to the activity level of the aether. A healthy level of Astral is the natural movement of aether through the world, change, growth, etc. An extreme level of Astral is Bahamut.

>"it gets good after 40 hours"
>it actually does

Attached: ffxiv_13072019_105019_864.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

Something like this, you mean?

Attached: classictank.jpg (310x568, 38K)

what's the point of palace of the dead? did it once to level 10 and got no rewards

fucking imagine being the emperor only for your autistic son to barge in, scare an ascian away to the moon then stab you, then realizing that he has no fucking intention at all of actually running the emprie and hes only killing you so he can fight some guy

Attached: Varis_Zos_Galvus.png (1776x1000, 1.79M)

Omega pls.

You mean like how it was until Stormblood anyway, because hunts didn't have higher load priority than other characters?

i would imagine he's referring to pressing 121212 until around 30 and then proceeding to 123123123

oh no
it...it won't take TOO long to clear those, will it?

the WoL is only supereffective against primals, Ran'jit isn't a primal.

It's almost like it's a genre that requires a lot of time investment.

I want to play SMN, what's the deal with egis now? Does it matter which one I use at all? Is titan tanking in world really dead?
Do I just mash assault on CD?

Didn't the antidote for that sleeping powder they used on the Eulmoran army weaken him? With the combination of that and him getting a cheap shot in it would be understandable.

#1 Reason to play a lala

Attached: ffxiv_07132019_183817_054.png (1920x1080, 3.39M)

>it gets good after 40 hours
I had fun from hour 0. Anyone saying this sort of shit doesn't belong in this game.

>Hardcore raiders all gravitate towards the most efficient stuff, so let's make that the only stuff available

Brilliant, user. There are no casual guilds out there that could enjoy experimenting with different builds while doing normal difficulty content.

Yugiri is for me

when FFXIV first came out, it had a metacritic score of like 48
now it's in the 80s

When are they adding more armor and shit to the pvp vendors, I have nothing else to buy anymore.

Attached: why cant I hold all these Wolf Marks.jpg (400x400, 33K)

Attached: concern.jpg (480x433, 25K)

They are mad they can't concentrate enough to get through the MSQ, even after paying for it. Or they boosted to play a GNB and suck at tanking terribly.

See, and I find the plot about an ancient civilization and how they manipulated the fabric of the world more interesting than the story of an edgy cartoon villain with huge hips and daddy issues.

Attached: ffxiv_01112017_220336.png (1920x1080, 3.03M)

It was too good

Attached: 34.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

What are the riding maps for from the SHB crystal traders?

Attached: A2ADD246-91B6-4839-B7ED-F00305FA8D47.jpg (1024x690, 205K)

>friends beg me to play for months
>finally cave
>fetch quest
>talk to npc
>go back and talk to the other npc and then go back once again
>forced into solo content in an MMO
>back to fetch quests
this sure is one h*ck of a game
t. wowshill sonydrony

I've been disconnecting all day. I'm at the point where I figure it has to be Comcast being shit with their routing. What's a good VPN to use, at least temporally?

Titan when solo, Garuda for mobs, Ifrit for solo enemy

>WoL beats up titan the first time at around level 35
>same WoL gets his shit kicked in by a level 52 chocobo in dravanian forelands

He's mastered gukumatz, what primals have mastered gukumatz? None.

It's for leveling 1-50 for melee jobs. You get rewards for finding hidden chests in the dungeon but you need a special item first to see where they are.

mountspeed boost

shadowbringer has a 92 now

Witnessed.

90s

Attached: 20190713_140836.png (754x794, 62K)

>WoL never gets to headpat Ryne because of lalas
DELETE LALAS

I hate Koji
I HATE HIM

Attached: breaking bad memes lmao.png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

90s actually.

>not liking wild cards
He's fine.

Thanks user.

Go play Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing if you wanna mash keys.

its actually pretty decent as far as world building goes it just gets bad between ARR and HW and I would say its mediocre until level 30. Of course I imagine to the average zoomer who needs everything instant and spoon fed its pretty bad.

Only if you're a semen-slurping meta-tranny. Every job can clear all the content, the non-meta tank was world first ultimate in Japan and PvP is utterly irrelevant. It's balanced as far as function goes.

Skipping cutscenes means you are auto-disqualified from asking questions

the game has seriously come a long way, the problem is that it kept all the shit that was considered shitty back then and is still shitty now

Bros.. I didn't want to do this

Attached: samquest.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

I hated Ascians when they were just mystery shadowy guys in the background behind everything but Emet was likeable

>still the best MMO on the market

I wouldn't say it's really bad. It's a bunch of low stakes MMO quests, in an MMO it's not out of place.

Attached: 1435181280777.png (571x540, 434K)

It was a dumpster fire when it released, so they just entirely remade it as a WoW clone.

>FFXIV and "fairly balanced" should never exist in the same sentence
I'm not sure if people who say this have literally never played the game or are just retards who take shitposting about balance way too seriously and think the top end speedrun meta is the whole game. Not only can you pick a random assortment of jobs and clear anything with time to spare (maybe with the exception of ultimates) the post-echo alphascape clears had every single job in a top 10 in at least one of the fights. The pre-echo clears where things were a bit more competitive had every job except two, RDM and WHM, which at least had their niche of being handy as a progression safety net. I'm not really sure how much more balanced people want the game to be.

If I have a complaint it's that some of these solo duties are SO fucking long and boring. Anything with Ran'jit is bad enough but I just had to walk the Exarch and that dwarf through a pitch-black desert for 15 minutes fighting Sin Eaters and felt like I was falling asleep.

Someone please recommend me a good reshade preset.
Nothing too fancy, just a bit more lively colors.

I don't care about story though, I want PvP.

Eso

When will we finally be able to glamour khloe and m'naago

A primal's strength depends on the number of crystals it's been fed with, and the strength of faith of its summoners so it's not that odd that a monster can be stronger than one, the main thing that makes them so dangerous is their ability to temper anyway

But there is, as evidenced by that one video that got posted of like 7 Summoners or some shit doing Omega 12 normal.

Ran'jit > Zenos
yes?

I have the same issue, I don't know frequently it is with you, but I've had 5 dcs today. I'm pretty much sure it's the overloaded servers shitting themselves, since I always have a stream or something opened on my second monitor and I'm positive it's not my internet.

>playing FFXIV for pvp
lol

Were going to be teaming up with Zenos and he’s going to become a main character. Eventually he’s gonna get killed by Elidibus (not in a fair fight tho) and he’ll use his echo to fuse into us like Adbert or Frey.

>shadowbringers expac
>use lightbringer title

Attached: Z.jpg (199x253, 13K)

funny how the clone has surpassed the real deal now.

Holy shit what if Zenos masters gukumatz?

I can't be the only one who walks around cities with the camera panned downwards so I can look up skirts, right?

I also look up my retainers' skirts all the time.

I've been playing basically nothing but SAM since it came out but I honestly barely remember the questline.

It's like a reverse WoW syndrome.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Look at the job dps charts, they're all incredibly close, within 10% of each other, after accounting for raid-wide DPS.
Tank DPS are all within a single percentage.
Healer is the only role which is fucked up right now in terms of balance.

I can see this fight in future. Somehow.

A very underrated job questline in a sea of DRK cocksucking

>still shitting your pants because people don't put up with the same shit designs from 800 years ago

Only good thing about SAM.

youtube.com/watch?v=BnOKdmAcSP0
9:10

When Nidhogg starts casting Akh Morn, and lyrics hits.
>Dys an sohm in
>Rohs an kyn ala na
>Mah morn narr
>Sahl djahs afah an

Can anything top this moment and feeling?

Attached: nidhogg.jpg (700x445, 80K)

That's experimentation with team composition, user.

ShB final.

Well you are collecting and bringing the light to Hades.

I'd love to see in 10 years and eight expansions time the trannies trying to shill the 600 hour MSQ to new players with their filter cope.

>Have only leveled DPS through PotD/HoH

It's not fair. As much as I enjoy deep dungeons, DPS should be able to play real content.

10% is a huge margin, my man.

Yeah, when Bahamut did it first in T13 with Answers.

You have to kill your own master to relieve him of his shameful past and bring him honor as his pupil

kys shit eater

It was Savage M/F

Same desu, it felt like a huge chore going through post ARR MSQ autism but I dispersed it with doing side dungeons and shit. People that ree that they need to be at endgame asap need patience. It only took me a few months overall to get from 0 to 4.3 with most major side content cleared.

>I have lived a thousand *thousand* of your lives.
So how old is he?
>he is talking generations so bout 25k years
>he actually means live, lets say 60 years per life so 60k years

Attached: bzJfnOY.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

Amaurot and the Dying Gasp beat it. You can also argue Innocence.

>Doing this fight for the first time as the MT
Good fucking times.

Attached: 1550279682535.jpg (1080x1080, 321K)

Thankfully the devs are aware of that and are ending the current main story next expansion. So 7.0 can actually be a good starting point

lol here you go

Seething wowcuck

Sorry for your lack of a sense of humor.

Maybe it's just because the memory is fresher but I think I liked the fight against Hades even better.
youtube.com/watch?v=9O5-yJjJpZ4

And that's why FFXIV is shit. Combat is slow, and the PvP is bad. For an MMORPG to be good, it needs an equal balance of PvP and PvE.

And that's fine user, to each their own
I'm interested to see what Zenos will do with the Hydaelyn/Zodiark knowledge and if he's gonna go full Kefka or not

Attached: 18454387546.png (930x1125, 923K)

FFXIV is a case of Dragon's Dogma to me. Looking at each individual element, I can see how it's shit. But somehow it all comes together to form something that's really good.
>ost is amazing
>ability FX are the best in the genre
>large variety of classes
>no need for alts
>boss fights are actually, unironically epic, both because of the OST, the godlike art direction and the very good active time event system that creates some pretty cool moments

I'm not a tranny and i'm not shilling i'm actually actually trying to get everyone the fuck out of my game. Fuck off immigrants we're full.

Attached: 1383616847779.jpg (320x447, 39K)

Sucks to be you. I have about half of the dps jobs in the game at 70 at least and haven't done PotD more than 3 times and have never even done the HoH intro quest.

I think he meant a thousand thousand years. At least a million.

I hate it. I wanted more of the Scholasticate but they scrapped it for more Hildibrand.

And the point is that that is where the diversity lies in this game, not in individual class configurations.

Hien is for Cirina, sorry.

Which has never existed.

>For an MMORPG to be good, it needs an equal balance of PvP and PvE.
I think what you mean is
>i personally like PvP in my mmo's
there are plenty of people who don't give a shit about it

Maybe if you're a retard, it only matters if you're chasing world-first, in which case even a single fucking percentage will determine your job usage.
But another thing to note about the difference in balance between FFXIV and other games, is that you can quite literally play any job in FFXIV without having to start a new character. So even if they happen to fuck up the job you're playing now, it's as easy as selecting a different gear set to be back at doing whatever the fuck it is you want to do at the top fucking percentage.

Schoolasticate was boring, I thought it was even worse than HW hilde.

Other way around, that's why XIV is good. WoW fucks itself over by rebalancing PvE to fit PvP and vice verse. The minigame just eats the real game like a cancer and makes everything worse.

Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=KqiU9NfdH-8

The light within Her champions grows faint...
youtu.be/JurGajlyEew

Yeah, I like the Scions and all, but they've been around long enough and accomplished stuff. Keep the twins and Y'shtola I guess, but I want new companions

>PvP
>MMORPG
Pick one and only one.

I actually fell asleep mid scholasticate cutscene

>HW hilde
>bad

Tell us what super interesting thing he said in Japanese.

>it only matters if you're chasing world-first
not even then, look at the world first Ultimate clears

active time event is probably the biggest piece of shit to grace fights. Literally just mash any bound key on your keyboard for 3 seconds.

>I mean I had a hard time believing Yotsuyu and Gosetsu survived
When does a character ever die from a collapsing building?

Attached: 1450843353865.png (431x551, 95K)

>We'll never play SHB for the first time ever again

Attached: 1480831072337.jpg (480x360, 37K)

are the mounts from savage end bosses still 100%? so if i went and did alex prime would i get mount? or is it just a chance now

He's a fan favorite and won't kill him now that he appears in crossovers like Y'shtola

EON BECOME INSTANT

>very good active time event
wait what

>Implying balance is a good thing

Attached: 1561432751461.gif (300x300, 521K)

>haha wacky slapstick!
>lmao eccentric gentleman!
>EXAGGERATED REACTION
>[Saturday morning cartoon sound effects]
>The joke is that he's dumb lol!

kys weeb

I thought the same thing, then Hades showed up

I would say it still matters then, just not that much.

i like the concept, although I agree the input design isn't very good.
should be a rhythm game to go along with the OST
unironically

According to many autists it's also the best one out there so imagine how terrible all the other mmos are

>that outfit
unf, I do hope that is his new get up for the story going forward, but I know it won't be

Post example of good humor for you

>We'll never play HW for the first time ever again

Attached: 1548138839899.jpg (300x373, 26K)

Sounds like what I'm going through. Hopefully it's just Square's fault.

Balance sucks and it was the beginning of the end. AST and DNC shouldn't exist.

Go away Yoko Taro

>doing this fight for the first time as a healer
Good fucking times.

Attached: astronaut.jpg (275x183, 6K)

I don't think girls get vitamins through headpats, user

Attached: 1534315213506.png (800x835, 768K)

Lighter than air is the best lala title

The one and only real problem with this expansion pack is the lack of seatings in Sanctuaries. Not even a roleplayer but it makes everything look so much better and I like logging out on them. Also seeing people chill on them makes the world feel much more authentic.

Attached: ffxiv_01072019_042215_471.png (1920x1080, 3.47M)

this
early ARR is peak comf

>Ability FX are the best in the genre

I disabled effects the moment I saw that even basic melee abilities have flashy particle effects accompanying them. Swinging a sword should not conjure shockwaves unless it's something extra special.

That's why you don't belong. The Final Fantasy MMO community never gave any fuck about PvP that's why it sucks.

you're no fun if you think Hildabrand is boring

Attached: 1560444911174.webm (960x540, 2.63M)

This is your tank for innocence ex

Attached: IMG_20190713_175317.jpg (1739x2000, 265K)

well he's Emperor now, he needs a new look.

>10%
>close

What the fuck are you smoking?

>castrum meridianum
>unskippable cutscenes
>tank immediately starts chainpulling literally the entire instance, doesn't ever stop
>nobody speaks a word the entire time
>enormous packs of trash melting one after another before i can even reach them
I watched a video and I still had not a fucking clue what was happening. I was just along for the ride. What a clusterfuck.

Attached: 1558410673127.png (497x368, 105K)

>not logging out in bed

Should I transfer from Chaos to Light to reunite with some friends ?
The PF on Light is active right ?

Attached: 1562502574639.jpg (959x479, 70K)

At this point I don't know whether you're referring to class balance, some kind of aether or good/evil-related balance in the storyline, the balance AST card, or the discord.

Typical run of Castrum/Praetorium. Everyone just wants to get the fuck out of there as soon as humanly possible.

>queue up for 50/60/70 dungeon roulette
>get last dungeon for stormblood
>get tank is a bunny DRK viewing cutscene
>they only pull one group at a time
>they constantly move the bosses around fucking up my positionals non stop even when they dont have to move at all
>this is the third time this has happen this week with the same dungeon and same story
how many more weeks do I have to put up with this shit?
how can people be such pussies with the tank rework? tanks are practically unkillable gods now in 70 and lower content

is everyone on the server put the same number on their jumbo cactpot would everyone win 1mil mgp?

>if bosses learned how to double weave ogcds

What are you talking about? This is the expansion pack with the most seats in the sanctuaries.
Was there even anywhere to sit in Reach?

Played on both and it's pretty much the same, not that many frogs on Light though.

time to hope and pray 6.0 manages to top ShB like ShB topped HW

or at least hope and pray that 6.0 doesn't set a pattern of even-numbered expansions being mediocre

What's the general idea on leveling through ARR? Should I be leveling multiple jobs at once if my level is far above the current MSQ level?

Are all of the old 8-mans like this?

I would have been fine with him winning if it was just him vs. you + maybe one or two others

but it was him vs. you + 4-5 others

christ writers get your shit together

When after dc I try to log back in right away I often get "world server (or lobby) is down" and it closes my client. It happened once, but after I re-launched the game today and tried to log on it went through to character selection screen, but there was nothing there. I had to reconnect again for it to be alright. I'm 95% sure it's the servers.

if more than 1 person win the jumbo cactpot then the earnings is split. so if everyone won then you would get shitty mgp.

It used to be worse. Before they made the cutscenes unskippable new people would be thrown from one cutscene to the next before the previous scene even finished as everyone else rushed through.
They did massively increase the EXP/Tomestones you get from that place to compensate though.

That's what you call a good run of Castrum
No one who's done it more than once or twice wants to spend more than a minute longer in it than necessary

Those two are the only instances of this in the entire game because the dev team realized that cramming an hour of cutscenes into a single dungeon was a horrible fucking idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZMoB6ms2mE

>leap of faith GATE 2x in a row
wtf

class balance

Attached: cato.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

How much of the enjoyment for this game is sunk cost fallacy?
I mean it has to suck if you actually do toil away for hours(each hour that you pay for) only to realize that the game isn't for you even after it has supposedly gotten good.

>rhythm game
>with the horrible delays and server tickrate
No, thanks.

Just those two. They learned their lesson about putting 40 minutes worth of cutscenes in a dungeon after that.

Im going to marry Lyse!

Attached: 2388056 - Final_Fantasy_XIV Lasterk Lyse_Hext.jpg (911x1290, 783K)

no, Castrum and Praetorium are the only ones that force you to watch the cutscenes

on the flip side, absolutely no one runs Coil anymore, and ARR primals are only run unsynced outside the odd roulette and go down like a wet paper bag as a result

No, it's just these two. They also made the cutscenes unskippable only recently and added a huge exp reward to them to compensate. Before, new players literally couldn't do anything because the rest of the group would finish everything during the cutscenes.

Sounds exactly like my issue. I noticed my computer loses ts connection too for a few seconds which makes me think it might be comcast.

Hello I work at SE with Yoshi-san and I come here from him to ask gaijins if you think an Amaurotine housing area would be something you'd enjoy.

Attached: OzgOEvP.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

>no chairs in the middle of a plaza/parade ground
Not that weird. There are places to sit elsewhere in the area.

I enjoyed it, and still remember early levels fondly. They were comfy and full of low-stakes storylines that helped build the world around you. ESO taught me that constantly going on high-stakes quests to save the world is really fucking tedious. Before ShB release I went on a little quest purge in some zones where I neglected some side quests and ended up buying cookies as a gift for a hard working priest in thanalan. Stuff like that between ending centuries old wars, liberating countries, and saving a world from the brink of destruction are pretty nice.

Agreed. I only have my character's effects on, party and 'others' is limited. How the fuck was I supposed to see what the bosses are doing when they were exploding into a supernova every second?

they might be one of those retards who didn't realize the level 70 job ability unlocks from the job quest, and DRK still eats shit without TBN.

At this point I'd take that over Ishgardian housing, which isn't what I'd thought I would be saaying.

Yes thats pretty based, how to get?

>those tits
disappointment doesn't even begin to describe how I felt when I saw how they really are in game
also you can have her, she's shit

i would consider wasting money on housing

Implying SE would be that based

why is black mage so good

god dammit i fucking love this job

> not that many frogs on Light though.

That's a good thing right ?

Make more fucking wards already, nobody can get a house unless you buy one for real money or you got a bot stalking every ward for a open plot.

>desperately want to get into FFXIV
>can never make it past the ARR questlines into the good stuff

Attached: jew.jpg (612x612, 106K)

Honestly, no. The area was really cool and atmospheric. making it a degenerate housing area would ruin it.

>play Au Ra
>horns just lazily clip through headgear when Miqote and Elezen get completely unique headgear models to accommodate their ears
>every time my character cranes his neck down to look at people during cutscenes his horns clip and stab through his shoulders
I'm starting to feel like I've made a terrible mistake

He'll wear The Emperor's New Robes

Attached: 1534586438808.png (434x432, 347K)

whats this shitty meme? i dont get it, how is it the lala's fault you double nigger

Absolutely. That was one of my first thoughts when I saw the place.

*snifffffff*

should i lvl scholar bros? im scared they will nerf white mage

Of course.

>god dammit i fucking love this job
so does Yoshi

settle this once and for all

light vs dark or astral vs umbral?

Chaos = frogs
Light = krauts
both are beyond shit, so pick your poison

Is this British """humor""" or something?

No. The emptiness and somber feeling are what make it so great.

based Yoshi P.

light bad
dark bad
balance good

>degenerate
Some of us just use housing for the gil stuff like gardening and submarines. Plus it's an easy and low crowded marketboard.

>read DRK journal entry for the 80 quest as any other job
>Fray's writing isn't there anymore

Attached: 1562132211308.png (338x327, 169K)

Are there really? There's only the tavern in Crystarium with some seats, no benches or anything around the Aeththeryte or elsewhere.

And yes, the Reash was shit, don't remind me.

I think the most important part of class balance is ensuring there's a reason to take any class into any content. I don't want to be told to play a different class for this or that content because they don't perform well in this or that encounter. But all classes should have strengths and weaknesses, and ways to complement each other. Shine in some ways that others don't, so that all can contribute to a party in their own unique ways.

Right now we're in a spot where all jobs are viable, which is fine by me desu. Not the ideal I would dream of, but fine. Better than some games I've played in the past, where there is no reason to take a particular class or a particular spec into certain or any kind of content.

the devs can't do better and more interactive cutscene animations for the WoL because lalas use a different skeleton and are short so it would make certain things look stupid, i.e. giving Ryne a headpat. So the next time you complain about *nods*, remember that it is literally all lalas' fault.

10% is close.
Only half of the party are DPS, so raid-wide it's a difference of less than 10%. Fastest Titania clear is 7:30, so you'd get it done maybe a minute later in a party that is 10% slower overall.
It's only really a problem if you've got an insanely strict DPS check.
If that's not the case, it doesn't matter if the guy is playing a black mage or a dancer, so long as he does the fucking mechanics.

Nice, Rowan Atkinson is actually based as fuck

Cause they’re too short to headpat her you autist

I wouldn't even mind taking Crystarium housing instead of Ishgard.

While i enjoy Eulmore i think Amaurot should have been the area with tomestone vendors instead since there is no reason to really go there.

Attached: radical centrist.png (640x480, 208K)

keep seething, glad to know my race fuels your tears

I can't come up with a good HUD layout

Attached: 1325389097207.jpg (593x404, 24K)

>i want Amaurot to be clogged up with slutglammed trannies and FFXV cars
Fuck off.

Just power through the MSQ with your favorite job, you can leave the sidequests for leveling other jobs. You'll get an exp boost for your other jobs once you get one of them at 50.

With this mindset no wonder. Tourist. You probably do what people on the internet tell you to do.

day of the mash

>sparring with Lyse
>MCH
How does one spar with a gun?

>Posting this in every thread
Enjoy your (you), you absolute fucking nigger faggot.

No, just stick to one and get through that shit as fast as possible. If you enjoy the journey, good for you, but leveling different jobs just because of that doesn't seem worthwhile to me. Unless of course you want to check out different classes/ jobs.

How the fuck would a 1 meter tall potato pat a 1.60m girl? You would have to make new cutscenes just for that race.

They could just have her bend over. They've done it before.

Attached: DzD9t6VVsAEuQmv.jpg (399x265, 31K)

Everything important in the middle of the screen.

Just do what I do and slap dash everything together until you end up being too comfy with it to switch.

Attached: nqkt9ze38i831.jpg (400x600, 35K)

Mercurius is a cuck!

Lalafells are the reason we can’t do X
>why you fucking retard
because they’re too short
>keep seething

It's a pretty basic skit format used in a lot of western comedy (though admittedly more in europe than in the states). Notice how it doesn't employ any visual comedy at all, it's all about subverting the audience's expectations about where the narrative is going to go next.

Now, what anyone finds funny is of course subjective, but the Hildibrand quests employ a lot of comedic devices that are also used by many children's cartoons.

Heavy wolfram everything except helmet, level 50 crafted. Supposedly you can get the whole set in the dark knight armor coffer, which you get from the level 50 job quest since DRK doesn't have a level 50 AF set. The helmet is adamantite helmet of fending, level 58 crafted or vendor.

Light>Dark
Astral>Umbral

Why would she bend over for head pats? That would make her headpat slut.

I know, and that's fine. But imagine Aumaurot with huge and colourful outside furniture like the Mogry stuff or downright "funny" shit like Paissa huts. It just wouldn't fit, yet I guarantee you 80% of the yards would look just like that.

Attached: 1541546473413.jpg (1400x1400, 363K)

Dodging bullets is easier than magic AOEs I'd assume.

A headpat that requires the headpatted to bend down isn't really a headpat.

They completely ditched journal writing for all quests ever since Stormblood, it's a fucking travesty.

Ascians can't be retarded. They're the perfect race and deserve to be brought back because they didn't do anything like sacrifice half their race to Zodiark.

It's not like you have anyone to compete with

Speaking of, what does the Ardbert fistbump look like with a lalafell?

what will his raid be like

Attached: file.png (800x450, 266K)

The world wouldn't exist anymore if they didn't summon Zodiark to stabilize the laws of reality you brainlet.

Hildibrand is theater of absurd type humor. It's pretty fit XIV world. Like change of pace. And good for WoL character who canonically suffering 24/7

Why does this thing look so fuckin goofy

Attached: gwiber.jpg (786x525, 71K)

I own none of the expansions, is it true that if I buy the new one I will get the others for free?

like a frame cropped to only show hands

taller characters fistbumping or petting lalafells get down on their knee and do the thing

I know your pain.
Like she'd still be a shit character, but at least she would be nice to look at with rocking tits.

Attached: 1543556043762.png (1012x1006, 1.42M)

Yeah.

Yea

Yes, WOW's first expansion told MMO developers around the world "End game is what people care about"

the complete edition costs the same as only ShB, so yes

>Ryne has bigger tits than Lyse
kek

the laws of reality wouldn't have destabilized in the first place if they hadn't gone bananas with creation magic

>An extreme level of Astral is Bahamut.
That was umbral.
An extreme level of Astral is the flood of light.

They went for realistic face, but gave it cutesy anime eyes for some reason.

that's not a great accomplishment judging by the state of wow post cataclysm lmao.

funny how people defend ffxiv saying "it's better than wow!!" lmao.

There are two bits I remember, this and another at the end. I don't have it though.

Attached: 1560147736514.png (303x79, 13K)

I believe to fix some of the cutscene jank regarding the WoL they should just assume you have all the jobs like shadowbringers intro and switch for whatever instance they are trying to show instead of locking to what you are playing.

>You will never rest your weary penis between those sweaty aho tits.

Attached: Stormboob.webm (1920x1080, 2.66M)

Should I wait to buy them until I finish ARR? Or is there a benefit to owning the expansions in vanilla?
Also is there a bond system like OSRS or WoW? Or basically an optimal way to pay tor the membership fee?
sorry for all the questions i just want to know what im getting into before I resub

That would be cool as hell if they could pull it off.

>Then it gets decent
This is the single digit IQ world that is modern day MMOs.

You can tell how dogshit an MMO is going to be within the first hour of gameplay, if its shit, its shit.

It doesn't get 'better', its just that the developers blew their entire budget on the end game treadmill to keep turbonerds subbed as long as possible, that and pointless cutscenes that don't belong in MMOs.

>I'd love to see in 10 years and eight expansions time the trannies trying to shill the 600 hour MSQ to new players with their filter cope.
>hurr People should be able to start watching [long running show] at season 3 and be fine
>durr people should be able to start playing Mass Effect at 3 and not be lost
Fuck off. Never should people start/skip to a midpoint in anything with a story unless its a soft reboot point. And even then if they enjoy it they should go back and get the history.

No, stop skipping cutscenes. Bahamut was Astral as said in the lore book and displayed in the cutscene in the Ocular. Light is Umbral, as Urianger spent like 5 minutes explaining.

the whole point of the chart scene is that "astral" and "umbral" don't equal light and dark. And even if we assume that elements can only be either astral or umbral aspected, Bahamut was still astral because he's fire-aspected.

The job setting doesn't matter as much as the height of the character.

That’s never stated anywhere. The implication is that something went wrong with the livestream, independent of their actions.

You may still find a ShB version with preorder bonuses, since it's early after release. That would give you an Aetheryte Earring (+30% exp bonus for DoM/DoW jobs under 70 lvl).

Wait until you finish ARR unless you really want to play the new jobs. There is no bond system.

Dont forget piss easy padding content in between expansions to force you to pay extra just to acualy get to play new content.

Attached: 1553966026211.jpg (749x780, 114K)

For most MMOs it seems that way.
I've been playing ESO and actually enjoying the levelling the experience a lot. But it feels like a single player game. When does ESO actually become an MMO rather than a single player game with the MMO mechanics tacked on?

playing with german dub since Heavensward and never went back
feels good to not have to suffer weeb voices or the terrible english translation

are ps4 limitations holding ffxiv back?

>Ardbert puts his fist up for a bump
>all I can think of is my WoL pulling one of these

Attached: fist.png (780x439, 385K)

I guess their ISP shit the bed.

wow is one of the most acclaimed games in the world and in gaming culture so "better than wow" is an achievement.

there's multiple >implications of creation magic going awry leading to the destabilization.

No. Even if it was PC-only it'd still have to pander to potatoes.

If you have the money buy them now. At the least, but whenever you get to max level (50 if you own no dlc)

How is Aether in comparison to the other datacenters?
I have an old character on Sargatanas, not sure if I should just pick up where I left off with him or start fresh somewhere else.

>padding content
>dungeons, trials, raids, quests
what the fuck do you think the game is exactly

not really. it's actually doing it a favor because the game runs extremely well on just about anything while not looking too bad.

Of course. Why do you even have to ask?

a mistake

Attached: dd3_accord_ss3.png (1276x540, 600K)

Better would be
>This cutscene would work best as DRK
>Have drk leveled to a point, Job switches for cutscene and get appropriate animations.
>dont have drk leveled? jank as usual with yer current job

it's toaster players on pc. there are people that play on laptops worse than ps4.

>your PF group are the heroes from other shards summoned to aid you
>they greet you with "Nyah >=

Attached: ffxiv_13072019_185759_079.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

Could be worse. They completely gave up for the two new races so most headgear simply isn't visible at all.

Neat, I haven't seen that one

Attached: 1534158459812.png (1300x1500, 1.14M)

BLM in pvp may not be top tier, but it is fun as fuck.

You can also sit in and in front of the library and in any apartment, the marketplace, the hospital and the glowy plant area.

>read this bit
>figure it's some character-building "decide if fray is a real part of your WoL or not" thing
>its actually literal
equipping the crystal (holding it close) has the journal entry include fray's commentary, while being on another job (putting it away) leaves only the regular dry journal description.

fucking technology

Attached: H-bomb.jpg (866x1300, 142K)

so, whos is in charge now or was garlemald just finished without us?

on the flip side, DRG AF4 is literally perfect for Au Ra

That was the sole reason I didn't even want to play a Hrothgar, I figured if they were too lazy to model helmets for them they must have cut corners elsewhere.
Glad I didn't fanta into one.

Why can GW2 and WoW do moving while casting animations properly, but FFXIV has slide fest?

If the Fending Voeburtite set didn't have pauldrons it'd be perfect.

Attached: 354435534355343.jpg (1296x984, 318K)

FFXIV is going to end in the 7.X cycle and they’re gonna announce the next FF MMO on a new engine and do to FFXIV what FFXIV did to FFXI, and follow a completely different story in the sameish world

Zenos.

what if they made it so the taller races give Ryne a headpat, but if you are a lala you get a headpat from her

Attached: D_XndOqU8AEQXPv.jpg (1200x775, 105K)

Zenos, that's the whole reason he killed Daddy

Why are you not playing SAM, user?

Attached: ffxiv_12072019_210238_099.png (2560x1440, 3.48M)

>I'll be your partner user

Attached: mentor.jpg (393x410, 42K)

Yep, that sounds like Asian MMO.

Attached: 4a6a80cc.jpg (808x900, 42K)

Holy fuck, it's real

Attached: 1535666324895.jpg (1066x1080, 201K)

>playing viera
yikes

I don't care if "belongs" there or not as long as I enjoy it.

this shit was nerfed into the ground by the way

>roe or rothgar
Every time. Homos need to be put down.

wait really? is that the only one that has that?

why do pauldrons ruin so many good sets? the crystarium guard uniform looks much better without them
the amount of sets that have that fucking pauldron on one side floating just above your arm is the fucking worst, wish they would stop doing that shit

>can't decide whether to level PLD, DRG, or BLM
AHHHHHHHHHHH

>they then proceed to fail the QTE

Attached: 1547150807639.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

>mhigger
don't you have rocks to be banging together?

Right but it's this constant back and forth of imbalance because they have no idea what kind of game they want to make and they're trying to push both PvE and PvP as esports like fucking idiots so players are farming PvE content to get absorb shield trinkets so every arena match is a waiting game for dampening to kick in and people can actually be killed.

do all three
you need 1 of each role for the role quests anyway

Do you know where to find one?
I checked amazon and I couldnt find the preorder bonuses

They're all fun user, level them all.

is the frog suit fate a ton more rare than the frog mount one? ive done the frog mount one 3 times havent seen the glam one yet

But I am. I'm really digging the new AF too.

Attached: ffxiv_13072019_165246_331.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Point is to remove issues for cutescene team so they make it flow better not a reward for grinding every class.

>friend fails the QTE
>chat is just fiufpshfpshdasjdhpsdj

Attached: 1543358708879.jpg (1000x1538, 111K)

BUT WHICH DO I DO FIRST

>did it during early access
>get 7 people in AF gear
literal kino, shame you missed out

What happens if people fail that?

It's the fact that they can never be properly attached and therefore float above everyone's shoulders and clips into the body whenever they animate.

I prefer a back and forth of exceptions popping up to the incredibly safe and inoffensive PvP of XIV that genuinely shouldn't exist

No.

grinding palace of the dead for exp is making me want to die

do something else then

They die.

I got lucky, most of my group were in their AF gear or otherwise normal glamour with just one slutty non-DNC catgirl.

When will the map UI stop being so utter shit? I mean I'm used to it but there could be so many quality of changes implemented.

>Look faggot we're at a crossroad now, stay a DRK and accept me, or change jobs like a sissy and throw away your emotions and any chance of expressing how you really feel
Unironic kino

both fates are on the same spawn window but its random. if you join a cross world linkshell or discord that announces fates then you can server hop and get it done quick.

Use your squadron and run normal dungeons for variety.

Gotta mix it up with Roulettes, dungeons and some beast tribe quests + clan mark hunts.

xiv is bad all the way through
it sits awkwardly between being an authentic rpg like old mmorpg's where the game actually starts at level 1 and the more modern "action" mmo's (basically wow and all of its clones) that sacrifice rpg elements to create a mechanically satisfying game to play

xiv is neither of these and is only redeemable if you can somehow bring yourself to care about bland npc's and shitty cutscenes

Do something else, variety.

I like xiv's PvP

Competitive pvp genuinely shouldn't exist in any mmo. Mmo pvp should never be about 1 on 1 balance, it should just be able how many people you can get and where you put them. Eve is about the only mmo I know of that understands this.
They should be battles of logistics, if you want a balanced match then play chess or mahjong or something.

why dont they do the 2.0 route anymore and make hard modes of the leveling dungeons for expansions? would give the endgame a bit more variety than just spamming 3 dungeons, for example just make holminster switch with each boss having 1 or 2 extra mechanics and level 80

Time to go.

Attached: 1555885921732.png (308x74, 14K)

>ninja SHAD AF gear is fucking great
>everything else ninja will continue to look like trash and we'll probably go back to more robes
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't disagree with that at all
As I said, that's why I prefer a back and forth of broken shit happening

what's the point of the bard now that the dancer exists?

Yea, job grind reward was unintended of me. I was more trying to deal with the inevitable RP's whineing "but my WoL isn't [job]"

I could do without the tails

and NIN breaking my wrists to play

The 2.0 route ?

Attached: 1496148706.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

he stated that he has no interest to rule.
he "killed" varis because varis was likely to kill the WoL with the gas.

Because those hard mode dungeons are just new parts of that same area, not actually "this dungeon but with more shit"

>As I said, that's why I prefer a back and forth of broken shit happening
If it was in isolation I wouldn't care about but when that back and forth affects the main area of the game instead of just the side-game it's a huge problem.

bard does more dps and dancer support is useless if your teammates suck. it's like how people jack off over trick attack but that 10% ain't gonna do much if your team is doing low dps or dying.

he has no interest in carrying out more wars for the glory of Garlemald. He'll "rule" the Empire just to keep it from interfering with his hunt.

The pack spirit traits which spawned this conversation are completely useless in PvE though

>the story is worth it guys just keep playing its worth it

>its cliche xenoblades 2 cartoon garbage

Attached: 1562390147464m.jpg (894x1024, 135K)

Sin Eaters should have been more dangerous.
There should have been a duty where the anguish accumulated over the course of the WoL's journey finally catches up to them, forcing a rapid transformation into a new Lightwarden, the Scions just barely managing to defend against your hatred fueled rampage long enough for the Exarch or Ardbert to asspull you back to sanity

go back to farming azerite

Squadrons with exp buffs are way more efficient. Make sure to get some of those scrolls that are a squadron mission reward, they increase EXP by an additional 30% or so.

But...hard mode dungeons are just old dungeon setting, new route. They've never been old dungeon new mechanics in it

This already happens if you are a healer. You help healing NPCs in some cases.

what the fuck are you talking about, pvp balance does not effect pve at all anymore in wow

>He spams Akh Morn and someone uses melee LB3
>It's the DRG

Attached: 5251252515.jpg (375x758, 104K)

>if you criticize xiv you have to be a blizzdrone
rent free

shounenbab detected

fastest way to farm company seals?

>Using final heaven against Emet

Attached: 1502840631616.png (90x90, 2K)

how do you play sch in dungeon pulls

I thought it'd get easier at 80 but ot doesn't, it's just me cinstantly out of MP and praying that the tank doesn't sprint to the next fight or my fairy will autoheal them and then my regen will stop.

sounds boring. I want war with garlemald.