Would open world RPGs be better with NO fast travel?

Would open world RPGs be better with NO fast travel?

I hate the argument "dont use it then"; that's fucking retarded; it's there; im using it. Nukes are invented and just for that reason we have to put like 99% of our foreign policy efforts into making sure no one fucking uses them. If there was no fast travel in oblivion or skyrim, the games would be better; I was pretty young when I played Oblivion; maybe 12 or 13; and I didn't know you could fast travel at least 20-30 hours into playing the game; and it was amazing, as soon as I realized you could do that (my cousin showed me) it become a much cheaper experience. (still fun)

Pic unrelated.

Attached: canvas.png (470x739, 538K)

wtf i love mirrors edge now

Dick in butt, butt in dick. Hmm, to be or not to be.

Nooses exist. You could just not use them but your post implies you have no willpower whatsoever, so I guess you basically HAVE to use a noose on yourself, huh?

I can't tell if this is bait or if you're actually just this retarded but unironically just don't use it, this is not complicated

OP here; I've done plenty of no-fasttravel runs of skyrim, it's not difficult, but my point is that the experience most people would have would be enhanced by restricting that feature. I'm serious that's what game design is; isn't it? Controlling the player's behavior to ensure they have the best experience.

You both have the intelligence and nuance of an obese 9 year old.

>the fag who has zero willpower and zero maturity calls others obese children

Attached: 6D0EF13F-1448-411D-930E-BA65E60A7BF6.png (904x401, 646K)

oh you're such a hack lmao

well one of the reasons that there's fast travel is that there isn't really anything while traveling without it. of course it isn't the only one, but if the player rather warp around the world instead of exploring, then your game design might have some problems.

I want to bury my face on that.

Source on OP's pic?

is some chink woman
search for the most sexy ass of china

>Would open world RPGs be better with NO fast travel?
Depends on what you mean by fast travel, I guess. In most RPGs, teleportation spells and vehicles are part of the fun.

Attached: zelda-warps.jpg (976x856, 142K)

Gao Qian

lol brap
Amiright? Hahh brapapapapapa
Lolllll hahah machine gun braps. *PFFFFFBBBTBTTRPPPPPTTTTR* AHHAHAHAHHAHABA LOLOLLOLO BRAPPITY BRAP LOLOLOL HAHA IMAGINE THE BRAPS. HBAHAH HER ASSCHEEKS WOULD CLAP FROM THE BRAP
AHHAHA BRAPAROONIE ROOTY-TOOT-TOOT HAHAHA BRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPP. HUGE HOT STINKY SMELLY ASIAN BRAP

wtf I love lordosis now

but if you dont like it, dont use it
your argument doesnt make sense, you're using it not because it's there, you're doing it because you like it and want to do so
if you didnt like fast travel you'd simply not use it

If you have to intentionally gimp yourself to avoid a strong mechanic it's bad game design.
By your logic every game should just have a 1 hit KO button from the get go, I mean you can just ignore it right?

Attached: 3.jpg (338x323, 79K)

>Would open world RPGs be better with NO fast travel?
Literally all of them

Fast travel is a cheap mechanics but a convenient one for game designers because it removes the need to design the world at whole

Why does she look like she has big feet?

Attached: 6caf777436b25d65262762e7c7262392.jpg (847x655, 324K)

the better to ballcrush with.

Based.

>limited fast travel
Yes, blinking around the world destroys immersion and you miss have the widlife encounters and various points of interest.
>No fast travel
No, there is no reason why you have to spend 15 minutes just walking on the road because you want to visit another city.

The best way is having limited fast travel between major hubs - various carts, ships and so on.

Attached: 1558888172215.jpg (640x472, 102K)

Big worlds need fast travel, not only open world.
Just dont let us teleport from the middle of nowhere. Let us take boats, birds, etc from certain spots to certain spots.
Fantasy RPGs can add teleportation as well.

Basically just copy Morrowind

Fast travel is not a strong mechanic and you are not gimping yourself if you don't use it. It's just a question of time saving/immersion. Fast travel doesn't make the game harder or easier, just faster if you want to.

If the game is balanced around it then it absolutely does.
Choosing not to fast travel puts you at risk of combat encounters, which will consume your resources.
The player who doesn't fast travel is getting into fights the fast traveler can ignore, even if they run from the fight it's unlikely they NEVER get hit unless they're cheating.
Buffs in most games are also time based, meaning if you fast travel you preserve in game time on such a buff, while if you choose not to you lose the buff walking around.

You're just grasping at straws, in few to no games those things really make a difference. Fast travel is just a convenience thing.

Show me 1 (one) game where that is an issue