Cemu and emulators in general

how can console fags ever recover, literally? I was bored lateley, wanted to try a new game, chose botw. But since I don't have a wiiu/switch I was looking for an emulator and wtf after maybe searching and downloading around for 3 hours I can play it on my medium pc in stable 30 fps, didn't even try to maximise every setting sofar. Only issue is everytime you enter a new area or have a new particle effect to load the shaders have to update, so whenever you load that particular shader again it works smootheley, but you can even download prerendered shaders if you're bothered by it too much. Also had only ONE (1) hard crash so far after maybe 20 hours (a wild horse entered water it seemed, maybe its not supposed to happen). I almost feel bad for pirating botw, if it weren't made by nintendo and the game were avialable easily for pc and for max 10 bucks i'd buy it. Honestly botw is from 2017, how is it possible that emulators are now so good they can surpass the very console they're emulating if you have a good enough pc to achieve that and that in maybe 1 - 2 years after release? Hell, cemu even offers fucking netplay, NETPLAY! you can pirate a game with online functions and join official servers where console fags play. Literally why are there still console exclusive games, it makes no sense whatso ever. Cemu has mod support, cheats, various shader settings (if you don't like the cartoonishbright). You can play with 120 fps 4k increased viewrange and everything. Why would you ever buy any console again? Unless you're able to feed the data of that console into an emulator that is. Bless emulator creators honestly.

Attached: maxresdefault-1-1.jpg (1280x720, 526K)

Good bait op. I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies

I miss when emulator threads were chill.
Granted that was probably because they were banned back then but still.

Same reason why /vr/ can't be chill anymore.
ZOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER BOOMER SOUL SOULLESS
Every day.
I blame younger people getting into older games via emulation and having an incredibly inflated ego as a result and constantly feeling like they've got something to prove.
And i also blame older fucks that are dying off and become spiteful as their last spit of venom before passing away completely.

Playing old vidya and emulating has transformed from being chill and nice, to being full of miserable people.

why bait? I downloaded it 2 days ago, have quite fun with botw. I don't fully understand all that cemu has to offer yet. It is so much fun actually that I'm thinking to replace my generic chink usb controller for a used x360 pad. Why would I ever want to buy a switch if I only wanted to test on single exclusive game?

Redditfags poisoned the well by bringing their pc master race mentality and acting like a shitty semi-functional emu is gonna kill any console

>duurrr everybody owns a pc hurrrr
"No!"

tldr but I play botw on PC even though I can play it on console because the emulated one is clearly superior.

>Same reason why /vr/ can't be chill anymore.
That started because they allowed Sony
Even moot knew they were a nuisance which is why he staved off their inclusion for as long as possible

God, I really fucking hated what happened to that board.

This!!! I can emulate PS3 games and WiiU games at 4k. but I still play the original consoles.

Why is this a thread topic then? This is not a blog site you fucking retard.

>I blame younger people getting into older games via emulation and having an incredibly inflated ego
That makes me pretty sad. I remember frequenting old jrpg boards in the late 2000s and nobody had that kind of ego complex.

Eh, I mean, we kind of started the whole pc master race thing but mostly as a joke.

The progress of emulation is really fucking amazing.

I have a laptop from 2013 and over the years several games on Dolphin went from trash to fully playable.
I installed cemu the other day just for fun, and Hyrule Warriors actually ran decently at times.
Sadly there were some terrible periodic framedrops no matter what was going on on the screen, probably caused by my old CPU drops so its not really playable.

But fuck me sideways, that is impressive progress nonetheless

wait what, threads about emulation can be shoad, why?
lol i dont go to often, i just thought i post about my finding because it was a total refreshing expirience that everthing worked out, didn't even catch a virus after downloading it all. In addition botw is so much fun to play, all about it feels new, like when I played n64 games the first time as 10 year old. The exploring, using ingame physic and enviournment to your advantage, facing strong enemies over and over until you win. Running around with magnetism and swooshing metal objects against goblins to kick em into water. Getting totally annhiliated by a lynel (lionel? dunno the correct name). Its such a great fun i dont even look info/tips up on the web. Usually i dont give zero fucks about spoilers but this time im not actively searching anything about this game, except fornthe difference of master and normal mode.

I don't even think it's young people by a majority. There are a shit boat of old losers here in Pittsburgh area that think use that soul soulless meme shit as an excuse to call "kids" zoomers and shit. I'm sure their are shit head youngens too but lets not undersell the type of faggots that are in their 30s still living off parents and shitting out how much better their youth was as a means to cope their best days will always be behind them.

Attached: 1562710525280.gif (825x463, 1.33M)

maybe others wanted it to know, i was totally unaware of what emulation has to offer nowadays

I'm not gonna read all that shit. But CEMU is great as long as you stick with Intel+Nvidia.

Attached: screenshot_5 (2).jpg (3840x2160, 1.17M)

Basedlets in their mid-late 20s are cancer when it comes to that shit. They act like being a gaymer in the 90s-00s gives them some kind of superior heritage that they can shout down everyone else with.

he's full of shit. unless hes talking about pre-2007/8 when I came here, but we always had emu threads

Holy shit, talk about ESL.

I miss when people just played games and posted images of their adventures. Yea Forums is so terrible these days, you don't even see sane posts anymore.

yes i remember that i downloaded dolphin in maybe 2015 to play loz twillight princess on my old pc. was playable until i entered the big maps, especially as wolf link running around in the hyrule fields was the worst and i lost interest. after that maybe 6 months ago i tried to get armored core fa emulated, but couldn't find a ac fa iso, either ps3 or xbox so i gave up. crazy to think how far emulation has come

Did you just reply to yourself?
That's just sad dude.

I dont care how you enjoy your games so long as you enjoy them.

I just turn 36 and the only way I could see anyone take that kind of shit seriously is if that was the only special thing about them. That they can say they were alive when a hit game came out. There are good games every gen. You should be loyal to corporate brand that just takes your money as scummy as you let them. You should enjoy games of old and experience new ones. you should try emulating everything because it opens up new ways to see and play those games you love. What you shouldn't be doing is shitposting on a board in blind hopes you get (You)s

well im currently at my parwnts in law, can play more only tomorrow, thats why im posting here this thread in the first place, otherwise i wouldnt care and play instead. botw is just so much fun, i feel like a child again, wanting school to be over so i can try to beat that stupid puffsfish boss from dk64's water level again. godammned lanky, move faster in your stupid coconut shell boat

It surprises me so few Nintendies seem to realize how fully featured CEMU is now. Emulated BOTW has literally no downsides, even has gyro.

Attached: out2.webm (1280x675, 1.75M)

no but I just did

The DS4 gyro is so much better than the Wii U's too.

Attached: screenshot_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.19M)

Can it run all games no problem?

Also, what about online?

Cemu is alright with an amd gpu on Linux, won't let 1-2 emulators decide on my gpu.

yea about that gyro function, in loading screen tips it says you can tilt downwards with your bow while aiming, but i dont have it figured out yet

>no but I just did

Attached: 1533834006155.png (292x656, 254K)

>new particle effect to load the shaders have to update
download the precompiled pack, nigger.
after that you can even try 60fps.

>comparing high resolutions in a 720p screenshot
lol

>The DS4 gyro is so much better
Its really not, Sony cheaped out with the ds4 gyros.

well i already stated it has netplay, didnt try it since i only play botw. also cemu has a infobox that netplay can lead to a ban if nintendo catches you

>Can it run all games no problem?
No but it runs the popular games well.

>Also, what about online?
Runs flawless but you need a real Wii U to dump your online profile.

I played and finished the game “new game you were looking for” over 2 years ago. Thats how “consolefags” recover.

>Graphics comparison picture
>Posts the image in the lowest resolution

Are you retarded, user?

>Runs flawless but you need a real Wii U to dump your online profile.
Forgot to mention you can also connect to private servers without a Wii U which are surprisingly abundant.

i downloaded some pack but maybe i didnt place it correctly, i still have to encounter every visual thing first. but its honestly no big deal to me, im fine with steady 30 fps and occasional loadings

These retarded gimmicks are cancerous.

>buys shitty laptop to play 2 year old console games with a generic controller
>too poor to buy a new controller
>might buy a used jizz covered 360 controller
How will console fags ever recover

What an awful underage fag

The Wii U gyro was a fucking nightmare for some people, me included.

Attached: screenshot_2.jpg (3840x2160, 898K)

>infobox
What does it say?

post mega or magnet link to botw image pls

yea im on my mobile and its stupid to quickly google images nowadays, they ll only show you a thumbnail or low res stuff, youve to visit the actual host site of the image and sometimes it wont let you download it. I swead it used to be simpler to get a quick good quality image from google

but i didnt want it play 2 years ago? and buying an entire console just for one game ive to test first seems a bit expensive

playing it at 60fps is quite nice

Attached: CEMU 2018.07.27 - 02.14.14.11.DVR.webm (680x400, 2.91M)

Boomer zoomer shit has been the most damaging thing to come to this website in years. It should have been stopped before it got a chance to caught on but everybody has to force every new low-effort wojak edit.

yea see
also i didnt play a laptop especially for this game, im playing it on my 3 year old pc. also what is disinfection spray.

BOTW2 can't come soon enough so redditors fucking shut up with their emulation circle jerk.
>Inb4 my $1.5k build ruins BOTW2 at 15fps when its out!!

Wake me up when cemu can play good games.

Sorry sweetie, but have you SEEN Yuzu lately? By the time BOTW2 is out it'll be more than capable of playing the game at minimum at stock performance.

So you made a broken english shitposting thread about your shitty computer and busted ass controller to shit on console players, when you can barely afford a controller.
Kys

But we'll be emulating that game too.

genuinely would have never bought the switch if I knew the emulation process for botw would go as fast as it did. what a waste of money lol

I skipped it because I knew :^)
I skipped getting a PS4 because I forsaw all the ports too.

What's stopping you from just selling it and getting most of your money back?

what no. what i meant is, botw is actually so much fun Im thinking about getting a used x360 controller since it has better responsibility and deadzones. Why would i want to buy a new one? I like to buy used stuff, it's cheaper and proven to last. Used clothing, used tools etc. its a mentallity.

xenoblade x is honestly more enjoyable on cemu than on wii u because you can make the text larger which is one of the biggest complaints in the game

hmmm, good point. I guess now that I have it I value it over having like what, 300 bucks? Also in the event some game comes out that doesn't end up working on yuzu I guess.

What PC do you run it on?

ok im going to sleep, hopefully we can leave my parents in law a bit sooner so i can get home earlier and fukkin chill my balls and have epic gamer time. if thread is still alive i maybe post my pcs stats (dont know from top of my head) so others who think about emulating can compare to see if it will suit them. later homos

>Fuck damn a Linkle mod!
>she's a fucking sticc
YIKES, PC GAMERS AMIRITE?

this mountain area is kinda nice, i just got here and its fun to explore.

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2019.07.12 - 15.09.34.52.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

I just wish there was a way to remove the permanent brap filter BOTW has applied to it.

>Xenoblade X still runs at 30 fps with dips

I've managed to play BOTW, and monster hunter 3U thanks to Cemu but this is the last game I really want to play. Well also Tokyo mirage sessions but I don't think it works yet at all

Attached: IMG_20190706_032051.jpg (1024x902, 118K)

1. use clarity
2. press print screen to get screenshots

there is

no there isn't.

The problem is not the quality of the emulation but finding the games to actually play on it. Most sites don't have current or last gen stuff up yet. Best I can usually find is up to Gamecube. Even Wii games are pretty obscurely hidden still.

yes there is, use cemu

clarity? what do you mean?

You download modern games directly from the Nintendo servers you tard.
>Even Wii games are pretty obscurely hidden still.
Full retard in fact.

graphics pack

Well then emulation has come too far from where I started because I don't know how you'd do that on a PC, let alone not get caught. It's like stealing directly from the police.

is this not it active now?

Attached: screenshot_2.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

shit I bet they (((updated))) it and made it looks like crap again

Hardly. The only reason BotW emulation is so advanced is because it was a Wii U game. Switch emulation is in its infancy.

coping already

my older screenshot in that herba area was at night and looked kinda washed out. pretty sure ive had that graphics pack on the whole time

>downloading around for 3 hours
you must be retarded

so whats the benefit of downloading cemu caches for specific games ? does it simply help to improve performance and loading times as the shaders and stuff get loaded into the ram or what does it do ?

By the time BOTW2 comes out Switch emulation will be more efficient.

>BotW
Who gives a shit? What about Xenoblade X? I swear ever since BotW was released, its like cemu devs dropped everything just to work on that game. Might as well just call it the BotW machine.

Does anyone have Wind Waker or Twlight Princess for WiiU ISOs?

What do you guys prefer for a gba emulator on vita
mgba or adrenaline+gpsp kai

If you plan to buy a controller for Cemu you might as well get a DS4 so you can use gyro controls.

mgba is pretty nice, only tried it with Zelda Minish Cap though. I did notice some slow downs though.

m-mod?

I can't even really tell the difference between those three. So I guess I don't give a fuck about resolution

you're dumb

CEMU is garbage on anything that isn't AMD+NVIDIA

CEMU is also garbage if you use windows over linux

>blindfag is proud of being blind
Based tard.