Well now that Cyberpunk 2077 is ruined forever, what is the game you're most excited for?

Well now that Cyberpunk 2077 is ruined forever, what is the game you're most excited for?

Attached: cybershit.png (1122x731, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu5C0PT4kQ
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17849
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is it with Yea Forums's obsession with wanting to kill children and women?
Is there anything you want to share with the rest of the class, user?

xenonauts 2 even though it too is ruined

I agree there really should be laws in place to protect video game NPCs.

wrpg tards are sociopaths. they think they know what they want, but they don't.

Well as a matter of fact, yes I do.
*AHEM*...
F-

Attached: images (9).jpg (554x554, 28K)

I mean WHY do people want to kill others in shooting games?

Attached: TameHoarseBarnacle-mobile.jpg (640x368, 11K)

no one gives a fuck about the children
but story npcs
its oblivion all over again, only there's no "john wick is unconscious" but more like
>weapon instantly forced away
>in combat aiming your weapon at them lowers it, disables the trigger
>they're immune to damage while fighting enemies
>if you try to think outside the box like throwing a grenade at them, you die along with them or they just don't react
i bet that corp bitch from the gameplay demo and the ??? body guards can't even be shot at
interactive cutscenes with interactive loading screens I.E "open world gameplay" in between it
i'll just watch an LP

Name me one game where you can kill story NPCs and continue on with the main quest.
Go on, name me one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu5C0PT4kQ

AND THATS A GOOD THING

Is this actually a real article? There's been this weird trend of people posting fake headlines about Cyberpunk on Yea Forums, followed by 300 replies of people shitposting without realizing that the headline was fake.

At least Rockstar lets us feed women to alligators

day 1 mod stop whining.

Why is it acceptable to kill men?

Besides, what about when those innocents get caught in the crossfire? If they're immortal then you don't have to worry about friendly fire and can just throw explosives everywhere to win.

Also, women and children are really annoying.

>no one gives a fuck about the children
I do. When I go on a rampage and kill everyone I don't want little shits running around invulnerable ruining my immersion. What is even the point of this? Whose rights are protected by this?

Demon's Souls.

Attached: 0a7211ad10c2b6815454ff533f32408e.jpg (555x905, 88K)

Fallout 1 and 2 allowed you to kill children. I never did, but the option to do it if I wanted to was nice. It also made you a child killer which made certain NPCs not even want to talk to you effectively locking you out of certain quests and options. That's what role playing experience is about, little zoom: options and oportunities

In Watch Dogs, I like to buy the most expensive gun, go to the ghetto neighborhood, and go to town.

It's the not having the option to kill story npcs that's annoying. I want to have the options of killing someone who matters vs nameless npc #123. It feels so disconnected when games are like that.

>I never did, but the option to do it if I wanted to was nice.
Sure thing, shillary

Yes, just google it
The game won't have mod support on launch. I don't think you guys realize how linear this game is going to be, it's not going to be cyberpunk Elder Scrolls.

new vegas

fallout, arcanum

implying you'll even be able to pull a gun or activate a threatening ability with kids present
even if you can they'll all either fade out immediately or they'll take off at sublight speed and despawn around the corner

It was obvious from the beginning this game was gonna suck. Did you really expect to beable to do either of these things?

>The game won't have mod support on launch
wtf does that even mean? Have you played any of CDPR's games? They run most of their game on a VM frontend so a large amount of their code is exposed. I guarantee you that this will be identified and packaged into a mod on the first day. There's literally no reason not to expect that to happen.

>fire a bullet
>misses the target
>ricochet augment makes bullet bounce and kill the most important NPC
ah, game design

deus ex

cant do it irl (I will one day though) so I atleast want to do it in vidya

>arcanum
That was handy if you made a completely uncharismatic person who was incapable of convincing anyone of anything. You'd just go in and kill gilbert bates and find the information he would have told you in his records.

Morrowind

there are none, ignore the meme answers

you could also summon his ghost

Yes, I'd like to know why, with the passage of time and advancement of technology, CRPGs offer less and less player freedom and world interactivity.

Attached: XoWKbqi.gif (620x446, 165K)

What are you even fucking talking about?

Attached: 6B8CC37C-9BBA-4E53-A97E-1178606A6611.jpg (777x1024, 313K)

zoomer pls go

Why Trump looks like an old McCauley Culkin in this picture? Look at that Rascal's smile.

you wouldn't understand, zoomer

Do we REALLY need a third C2077 thread?

Attached: 0% sense.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

Well, guess that means it's time to reinstall.

Prefer that they just didn't have children in the game if going that route.

don't care about killing children, but not being able to kill story npcs makes it a glorified visual novel

they already showed a boy in the 2018 E3 CP trailer

>this much of a hyperbole
Tone down the autism

Attached: ..ur doing it wrong.jpg (960x720, 68K)

>not letting people ruin their own game
Fuck off, Dark Souls let you do it why not a newer game with a bigger budget

Because Dark Souls had fuck all story that was overall not the main focus in any way and almost none of the npcs were in anyway important in its progress

Name one (1) RPG where you can't kill story NPCs.

Name 1 (ONE) dick you haven't sucked.

Attached: 33929-3-1364259421.jpg (1600x900, 998K)

cyberpunk 2077

kek

I don't think you can early kill manderley or Herman or Paul though, they're effectively invincible and the story can't progress if you do manage to kill Herman when he's wanting lemon lime soda

>CDPR completely ruins their game by taking away RPG and class elements and making it a deus ex clone
>not a peep
>CDPR makes it daytime
>REEEEEEEEEEE
>CDPR makes it so you can't just go on a random ass killing spree
>REEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck you people are so fucking dumb

>new frogs are made every day because people keep filtering them
MAXIMUM ATTENTION WHORE

that image is gold

New Vegas is the only one I can think of.

You need to be 18+ to post here.

based

Yea Forums doesn't like rpgs and deus ex was goty.

This.

You answered your own question, my technologically illiterate friend. Lets take your example, Fallout, it was a hell of a lot easier to add in a branching path there because there was way less work in that, you didn't have to worry about stuff like voice-acting or animating. Like it or not, standards have changed and so everything needs to be voice-acted, animated and so on. There's many more layers to worry about. A simple addition to a game back then needs multiple times amount the work nowadays.

As for child killing, the graphics were blurry/pixelated enough so it didn't seem that bad but in Cyberpunk for example the violence and gore is obviously much more closer to real life than what it was in Fallout, which is why killing children is off limits.

>you didn't have to worry about stuff like voice-acting or animating
New Vegas: exists.

At least it's the only modern RPG that does it, also where did you get the idea that zoomers like/play New Vegas?

NV's voice-acting variety is pitifully bad and all NPC's share the same few generic dialogue animations that they then repeat over and over again. Most of the quests in NV are fairly linear in structure anyway, with the occasional "press speech to win" option thrown into the mix. You don't really see your choices play out in any real meaningful way until the very end where the ending slides roll.

>Most of NV's quests are linea-

Attached: Beyond the Beef.jpg (534x1027, 129K)

the ~ key will let you do anything you want

>NV's voice-acting variety is pitifully bad
Well, except important characters are voiced by superstars and you can kill them...

except play a good game

>le beyond the beef
Why am I not surprised.

You couldn't do either of those things in TW3 either... or any of the witchers for that matter.

>CDPR completely ruins their game by taking away RPG and class elements and making it a deus ex clone
>not a peep

where have you been? I know the sunfags reeeeeing drowns a lot of shit out, but right below that there's all the niggas who wanted to Judge Dredd their way through Night City.

Cyberpunk 2077 probably.

Exactly, that's why those were shit.

>Fallout, it was a hell of a lot easier to add in a branching path
>(...)
>As for child killing, the graphics were blurry/pixelated enough so it didn't seem that bad

Fallout 2's EU release had all children digitally edited out. Badly.
Their sprites were made 100% transparent, but the children were actually still there. They couldn't be aimed at directly, but if you opened fire randomly, panic dialogue would pop 'over their heads' and still be readable, giving you an indiciation of where to lob a grenade.

Also; fucking invisible child pickpockets.

Is there even a game that you can kill kiddos? I know fable was one and fallout 2

you can kill women

>can't harm children
>just like pretty much every other game
>all of a sudden it's a problem
Am I missing something here?

Attached: 1561830862004.jpg (291x291, 27K)

Those are the only ones as far as I know.

Dragon Age Origins

Attached: 7xzmtzX.jpg (1919x1080, 2.37M)

first off, it's just kids. it's not okay to have sex with a kid, why should it be okay to kill them? double standard of sex and murder, man. this is actually progressive.

you can kill adult men and women, and you can have sex with adult men and women. equality.

'83 might be cool.

The Outer Worlds

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17849
>killable and lootable children
>8000+ endorsements
wew lad

This one pops up a lot and has done for years. It's just one card in the "I don't like this thing so I need something to decry about it" deck.

/thread

Attached: The Outer Worlds Combat.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

is this for real

A better question is why the fuck are there Children in the game to begin with? GTA games never have children.

>role-playing game
>can't role-play

Attached: 1560851143295.jpg (450x418, 29K)

Deus Ex

GTA games are also trash

To all the people who don't get what the problem is with this, refer to this post.

reddit syntax. re-write your post to be less insufferable and learn to communicate like a normal human being you fucking retard.

Why do you want to roleplay as a child murderer though? Are you Jeffrey Epstein or something?

Children and named NPCs that are exempt from the rules of the world destroy immersion.

This.

So what you're saying is it can be done with just a couple of compromises that most people won't notice or care about?

see

its ok when NV does it, i love seeing the nostalgia googles shattering

>LMAO play the rpg my way every time
>EPIC buzz reference
Yup checks out you don't belong here.

but killing NPCs would softlock the game

Ok so explain why V would willingly kill children in the story.

Why can't I act whoever the fuck I want in a video game? And it's not even about killing children, I should kill anyone and everyone if I feel like it, and I have to assume the consequences of doing so, just like Fallout: New Vegas did 9 years ago.

based devs

*In a role-playing video game
I'm tired.

you dont get to critcize my choices. i paid for the open world and i shall open world as much as i like

The consequences would be you getting put on trial then either sent to a max security prison for a long time, or executed. Sounds boring for a game though.

Guy who wrote NV's best parts isn't even working on Outer Worlds. Obsidian in general lost a lot of people and supplanted them with tumblrettes.

Yeah except it makes no sense in the context of the story. V is supposed to be a cyberpunk hero fighting to set things right and fighting against injustice in Night City. V isn't supposed to be fuckin John Wayne Gacy.

Aren't you forgetting something between the killing and the trial?

>I should kill anyone and everyone if I feel like it, and I have to assume the consequences of doing so, just like Fallout did 22 years ago.
Fixed.

literally just cheat you have ridiculous expectations. name one game where you have no framework or limits

The part where V has a failed shootout with the cops, which ends in about 3 cops being killed and V having even more time added to his already soon to be lengthy prison sentence? Do you also want to roleplay the prison sentence where V gets assaulted nonstop in the shower for killing innocent children?

Loading screen?

So, why can't you kill anyone? Is it because of laziness or what? Even then, it doesn't seem like a hard thing to do, just let the player kill whomever they want.

Attached: 1556948893329.jpg (1894x1024, 477K)

Attached: 1541057666149.png (1431x1614, 116K)

Retard.

This but unironically.

Oh sorry
>cringe based onions desu oof yikes boomer zoomer
That better?

>Yea Forums has evolved from hating games when they get popular to hating popular games before they even come out

>I'm too retarded to read the thread and even more retarded to read OP's pic

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
DOS2

good for people to finally admit that the witcher sucks

>most games are good
You have really low standards.
Also, there are complaints about this kind of shit here for basically every single modern RPG release so actually you have it backwards. "Why would it be okay now?" is what you should be asking.

best game of 2015 at least :)

Just move to the US if you want to shoot up a school full of kids

the only reason children are included in this statement is to discredit people complaining about not being able to kill story npcs

>caring about Grand Theft Auto 2025 in the first place
This game has been dead since the reveal

It's more the fact that they want absolute freedom, not arbitrary restrictions

Most of them wouldn't enjoy this that deeply, it's just that it's nice to not be restricted. It's why people like the way Morrowind deals with it, you can absolutely kill everyone you desire even if it fucks up the main storyline and forces you to go about it in another way - at least it doesn't restrict you and that's great.

I'm more in line with consequences for actions instead of coding in restrictions. Let me go ham on the little shits if I want and have me classified as a total monster and have people trying to enact mob justice or putting out hits on me.

People who complain about not being able to ruin their own game don't need discrediting, because their retardation is pretty obvious

>story

A good game would work around that. Or just straight up tell you to reload the game since it's now unbeatable if you want to progress so you don't waste your time thinking you can still complete it.

>you dont NEED to be able to do this in a video game so we wont let you

Literally nothing wrong with that. Its their artistic vision, not yours.

NIght City awaits

Attached: 1563058786121.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

It's hypocritical to be okay with killing men but not women and children
once you start making women and children unkillable, who knows what else you make players unable to do.
What people want in an RPG is freedom to do whatever, if you don't even allow players to kill NPC's, what the fuck is there to do in your shitty ass game then?

You wouldn't want a GTA where you can't do anything that makes GTA

>ruin their own game
Eat shit, a subclass of NPCs being imbued with a different treatment than everyone else is 100% more distracting to the immersion than accidentally breaking the a quest every could be.

Attached: 1413290134520.gif (480x360, 580K)

Fallout had voice acting.

Just like skyrim

I don't really get it either, I guess it's kind of a litmus test for self-proclaimed open world "do whatever you want" games. I don't see the big deal personally since it'll probably be one of the first things that pops up when mods are available.

Original Sin 2.

well that's because there are no fucking new games out, we're in a huge drought of battle royale shit and actual games of substance haven't been released in some time

Why?

games aren't made for consumers apparently, nice retard take