Please Yea Forums, just tell me what’s so good about this game so I can understand...

Please Yea Forums, just tell me what’s so good about this game so I can understand. What EXACTLY does it do so much better than DMC4 or 5 that it still deserves to be considered the best in the series?

Attached: 0395BB91-2AA3-46C4-A5D2-C7C9C42BE1E0.jpg (959x960, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6TnwMUjojWc
youtube.com/watch?v=y0jKJNXYEWg
youtube.com/watch?v=yUPNU3EZiXw
youtube.com/watch?v=jOUO1vwDxpc
youtube.com/watch?v=xNbBt7sCdUU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You had to be there in it's time period

Attached: 87898944565.jpg (1277x725, 390K)

You just wouldn't understand

best plot

It still has the best story out of all of them I guess. I find the level design and repetitive environments abysmal in my opinion though.

In other words: nostalgia
It was good back then when it had no real competition but it has aged like milk and is only enjoyed by nostalgiafags and elitists nowadays. You may not like it but it's the truth.

>DMC story
lmao

Yeah, it's silly, but it's one of the reasons people cite the most when they claim it's the best.

Why did they give him such shit hair

>best plot
>It still has the best story
This doesn't make any sense to me, mostly because I didn't realise people played DMC for the plot. The characters are likable, sure, but when the fuck have these games ever been known for their writing? I feel like people only like it for the Dante/Vergil memes, which is fine, but just be honest about it. You like it because it's a big fucking meme.
>I find the level design and repetitive environments abysmal in my opinion though.
I 100% agree with this, the best levels are the first two, and Leviathan is OK except for the AWFUL fucking boss at the end. I don't get it, they wanted to go for WACKY and CUHRAZY but every level beyond this point is a generic castle interior that just ends up feeling like a shittier take on DMC1's setting.

Attached: Love_Planet_Overview.png (1904x1001, 3.76M)

I've only played the first two. I loved the "Horror-Movie-Action-Hero" feeling. Was scared, but my power pressed me to continue. I thought the third one was legit for fan-boys and had entirely turned an angle. The fourth looked like the third, so I never played it either. I played DMC and they turned the series into "fuck-boy-man-slut-is-so-bored-he-will-also-kill-demons-just-like-grampa-damn-im-awesome" so I never played 5 either.

My question to you is why are you restructuring peoples answers only to insult the new opinion you have structured for them?

"Nostalgia" implies when they were children.

According to your post you have given children an opinion and then insulted them for it.

Grow up man child

Yeah, you heard it right. Story. It may look simple, but in reality it's really deep and interesting story about changing, finding yourself, purpose to live for and fighting against life itself for you own future.
Also, It has a best soundtrack in the series.

Attached: Vergil.png (2616x3073, 3.11M)

Story and final boss. As much as i love Vergil 4, Vergil 3 just respects the player so much more. Vergil 3 is more aggressive and far more demanding of your skills, especially in DMD. Vergil 4 will still stomp most players on DMD, but the most obvious way to describe it is through his helm breaker spam. In 3, the tell is him vanishing, but in 4 he lingers in the air for about half a second basically screaming "dodge" and it just doesnt feel as good to dodge. Also 3 accidentally caught lightning in a bottle with its story. Temin ni Gru, is also just more interesting than the Qliphoth

Not much really. Call it nostalgia or whatever but one can like something even if it isn't objectively the best in the series. I'd say that 4 is better than 3. But can certainly see why people would prefer 3 over it.

Nah, the game still plays extremely well, I still prefer DMC 3 to both bayos, but i mostly just ran bloody palace in 4 during the great action game draught. 3 has vergil 3 though which is the greatest bossfight of all time when played in DMD

Anything is better than Zoomer May Cry 5

unironically this.

Cringe.

Attached: nico.jpg (490x490, 38K)

Nostalgia. That's it. DMC3fags are the worst group of faggots in the fanbase. They ACTUALLY think DMC5 doesn't completely curb stomp this game into the ground and their only counter argument against it is "m-muh story". That's literally it, that is their entire argument of why this game should still be considered the 'best' in the series. Let's just forget 5 vanilla has almost as much content as the SE of 3, Dante is objectively superior to his 3 counterpart, Nero has more things to play with than Vergil in 3, 5 isn't plagued with 3's abysmal roster of enemies nor is it plagued with its awful DMD difficulty. Cavalier and Balrog shit on every weapon in 3 and 5's OST blows 3's out of the water so hard it's not even funny.

The only things 3 does better is the story, Bloody Palace (no Timer), and the final Vergil fight, that's it. In 9/10 case 5 shits on all over 3 but their absolute grip on nostalgia won't let them accept it. Any one who thinks 3 is better than 5 is a legitimate nostalgiafag and their opinion is not to be taken seriously.

Attached: 31a3dd2032a5184c71a317ba1feb01f0.jpg (686x983, 482K)

I’ve been playing it for the first time for a while and it’s fun as fuck. Characters are cool, music is great, and the gameplay is fun. It deserves its cult following for a reason.

Attached: neku shrug.png (172x202, 8K)

>For the Dante/Vergil memes
Unironically wrong

Attached: Do7ZbfXX4AMRHR2.jpg (900x1134, 92K)

>You like it because it's a big fucking meme
Wow, I see that you can read minds. Nah man, there are legitimate reasons to like the game's plot without it being the main reason for playing it. It's simple, for sure, but it has well done theming and does a great job informing the gameplay and acting as a motivation and as context.

why do people even like this game? i tried the first one but the camera angles are absolute cancer, especially when it twists and turns mid-combat. is there a mod or version that fixes this, or do i just have to deal with this for 5 games?

Ask google first retard

How about the fact that it completely destroyed an iconic character that has only RECENTLY become recognisable again because Itsuno finally decided to pull the stick out of his ass and weave pre-DMC3 content into the canon that he so disrespectfully pissed all over?

Attached: __dante_and_trish_devil_may_cry_drawn_by_nama29_m__sample-8bba7ac3b1be2b275a5c16f38086e853.jpg (850x1112, 192K)

>Nostalgia

It's primarily this. 3 was my favorite for the longest time until 5 came out, and I feel Dante's moveset is perfect in 5. 4 was a general improvement functionality wise. But where 3's levels are rather bland and tedious looking with obvious bad points 4 has very nice to look at levels that are actually tedious. 5 actually has pretty unique looking levels even when half of them are inside a fucking tree, and there really isn't any one particular level in 5 that's particularly unfun like inside Leviathan, or the rotating tower, or 4's big backtrack.

The music in 5 also is the best it's ever been. People are too attached to particular songs of 3(Vergil 2) and 4's (Berial) tracks that they weigh all their sentiments for the game on it. But 5 has great track after great track after great track.

Despite some technical issues like load screen abundance and level linearity I feel 5 is almost perfect as a DMC game. The biggest thing I wish was it would finally go back to DMC1 level design and that you didn't get walked by loadscreens for cutscenes and loadscreens after cutscenes for more loadscreens.

Why do people think Dante and Vergil's interactions in 3 make up it's entire "story"? DMC followed the same shitty "this evil guy wants power and Dante has to stop him" for 3 games.

>How about the fact that it completely destroyed an iconic character

Who the fuck was ruined in 3?

great story
great characters
great aeshetic
memorable enemies/bosses
fun to explore tower without being too boring
combat that allows for self-expression unlike any other action game
everything relating to vergil
> 5's still better though

If you can't even take account of the details of a world created for you to explore might as well stick to Fortnite/Doom

Your combat statement is fucking retarded. 5 objectively does that better.

Cringeass post

>I didn't realise people played DMC for the plot.
I think it's more the characters than the plot at least for me. Dante's and Vergil's interactions and story is what I find interesting (along with the rest of the cast, they interact well with each other )and I'm glad they did something similar with 5. It would be great if itsuno just did an expansion with them in hell fighting mundus.

>everyone saying nostalgia

Real talk; it's one of the most focused stories in games. There's no wasted time, no dead end subplots, no heel-turn characters, no threads left untied. It's the best example of someone using 3 Act Structure and turning it into a video game plot where the finale of every act is marked with an amazing boss fight against your rival where each character's motivations are different each time.

That combined with great gameplay, great use of music and leitmotif, and pitch perfect characters is what make it better than any of the rest. Yes, it has more shittier moments/enemies/bosses than 5, but it all comes together so much better in the end that you'll overlook them. The best snapshot of this is all there in both games' final boss fight's against Vergil and the emotion you'll have going into them.

Go ahead and refute it nostalgiafag. 5 is better than 3 and no amount of your teenage nostalgia is going to change that.

>pre-DMC3 content into the canon that he so disrespectfully pissed all over
You forget that kamiya himself can't even keep his story straight. The first novel and dmc both contradict each other retard.

And if you bothered to play DMC1 you’d realise that it’s a step back in every conceivable way barring the Style mechanic, which didn’t even reach its full potential until DMC4 anyway. Why do you people always act like DMC3 was the first, as if it deserves special credit, as if it wasn’t in fact a step BACK from DMC1 in most ways, including characterisation, atmosphere, pacing and level design. Alastor and Ifrit shit all over DMC3’s weapons and moves and actually let you do just as much even WITH Styles.

Devil May Cry 5 is the best DMC, DMC3 has the better story, but DMC5 beats it in every other respect.

Dante, retard. Remember when he was allowed to have emotions outside of
>WOO CRAZEH PIZZA TIME XDDD
Go and watch the scene where he saves Trish from being crushed, he has more character in that one scene than the entirety of DMC3, where he’s just an edgy emo faggot made to appeal to the 14 year olds of the era.

I’ve played DMC1 first and prefer how DMC3 plays. Sorry dude. DMC1 is still good, though.

I don't agree with everything here but it's so crazy to me how much credit people give to 3 things 1 innovated. 3's biggest game changer to 1's formula wasn't even the Style system, it was taking Jump Cancelling that was exclusive to the Shotgun and letting you do it any time you wanted with anything.

Well, you have to play manadtory missions as V who sucks gameplay wise, compared to Dante and Nero at least. So that's a big knock on dmc5 compared to DMC3.

Though unintentional, the ground to air combat was unparalleled at its time. You can Jump Cancel to cancel attacks and the feeling of chaining long combos in the air is still amazing to this day.

With SE Vergil was added and his tool kit allows for you to juggling enemies with his Projectiles while remaining on ground or teleporting around.

Beating DMC games even on the highest difficulty doesn't require to do any of these, the true joy of the game comes from coming with ideas and seeing them happen with practice.

The Story while somewhat cheesy in presentation had a lot of heart, and experimented in story telling. I suggest watching:

youtube.com/watch?v=6TnwMUjojWc

youtube.com/watch?v=y0jKJNXYEWg

youtube.com/watch?v=yUPNU3EZiXw

To understand why, if you wish to see some good gameplay check out DelusionaryKiller, Juno 973, and search for Combo MADs on twitter/youtube/twitch.

Very much this. DMC3 is secretly the best character driven story in gaming and people are either unaware of don't acknowledge it because it doesn't beat you over the head with its themes and the characters aren't screaming their thoughts and intentions in 30 minute cutscene monologues.

DMC3 conveys as much depth in Dante and Vergil's struggle as games lauded for their deep stories and characters like MGS3, or even Last of Us, or Red Dead Redemption and it does it all in a tenth of the time because every cutscene while appearing bombastic and spectacular on the surface are all loaded with nuances to each character. You can practically feel the communication between characters like Lady and Dante, or Vergil and Arkham where what they say isn't even half of the story.

user, did you even play DMC3? The entirety of DMC3 is Dante’s character growth as he starts off as a nonchalant dickhead who’s more concerned with having a good time and rejecting his demonic heritage into becoming a genuine hero who actually comes to empathize with Lady, understand and embrace his father’s legacy, and ultimately confront his brother over his ideals.

>making shit up

>3fags can't accept 5 is a better game so they're doubling down on saying DMC3 has one if the best stories in video gaming

You guys are honestly too much

>a step BACK from DMC1 in most ways, including characterisation

Vergil in DMC3 has more characterization in his left judgment nut than everyone in DMC 1 and 2 combined.

Read the novels then you would have realized that Dante was far from being a stable guy than he was on 1

Attached: 1555947517929.jpg (400x461, 136K)

How am I making shit up? It’s literally showcased in the game itself.

I find both stories equally good although the presentation was better in 3.

Pretty much. It's only in 5 that Dante finally outright states what he believes in. Before that, it was purely implied and purposely left the details and monologues out, which meant fans of the series spent YEARS thinking about it, doing fan art, fan fiction, or just talking about it here.

Not to sound like I'm shitting on 5, because I love it, but what is there really left to say about the story and the characters now that it's over? It all happens on screen, and "theories" would be redundant.

Attached: dat ass dante.jpg (184x184, 6K)

>krillin fag being this mad.

>Remember when he was allowed to have emotions outside of

Yes I remember his character arc in 3 and that it informs and adds weight to his motivations in the first game. When Dante gets serious in 1 DMC3 gives you a great understanding of all the things that he's feeling beyond "My name is Tony Redgrave, you kill my mother, prepare to die."

I'm actually conceding that the only thing 3 has over 5 is story because 3 has an amazing story that will not ever get appreciated like it deserves.

It's secretly the Moby Dick of gaming.

> posting video "essays"
you're not wrong though

I can deal with contradictions, they made Morrison black for fuck's sake. I don't even care about Kamiya's involvement, just the fact that Dante was a likable character in DMC1 and absolutely was not in DMC3. He's like a social autist's idea of what a "cool guy" would be, unlike DMC1 Dante who IS cool and has a voice to match, you can tell he actually does go to parties and fuck bitches unlike DMC3 Dante who'd rather sit in his bedroom and listen to shitty j-rock all day like the Chuuni he is.

Attached: __dante_devil_may_cry_drawn_by_nama29_m__sample-e75f7e055f0a537d06e9d63d0768dba3.jpg (850x927, 140K)

I think it’s been replaced by 5 as the best in the series.

>What EXACTLY does it do so much better than DMC4 or 5 that it still deserves to be considered the best in the series?

It was the best before DMC4 came out.

Attached: 87324573446234.jpg (500x568, 71K)

>absolutely was not in DMC3

Dude you're high.

Don’t forget Cerberus music in DMC3.

Cerberus is pretty bomb but I wanted to keep it to one perennial example. Nobody ever shuts the fuck up about Vergil 2.

>He's like a social autist's idea of what a "cool guy" would be, unlike DMC1 Dante who IS cool and has a voice to match
That’s what made DMC3 Dante likable, though. Also, DMC1 Dante may have had a cool voice, but his voice direction sucked ass.

DMC3 Dante is a huge dork trying his best trying to look cool which is why he's so loved.

Attached: dante guitar.gif (420x168, 2.79M)

Honestly Vergil 1 OST is the best. 2 is Hype but still that first fight was when a lot of us knew this game was going to be fucking crazy.

soul

Man, I love Dante.

Excellent enemy design and cues
Excellent presentation (music, style, story)
One of the best combat systems ever, if not the best. Not as bloated as future DMC games.

What's not to like? It and NGB are godtier videogames that you should kill yourself if you don't like.

This scene was awful 15 years ago and it's awful now

Why do you hate fun, user?

I hated him from the moment he kicked the screen with his whiney
>HYEEEUH
>SWEET DREAMS
They completely assassinated his character before the game had even started, I really tried to like him and I stuck through to the end hoping that something would change, but by the time I saw him wearing the DMC1 coat it felt completely unearned. THIS scrawny little fuck is supposed to be the badass devil hunter who defeated Mundus? Why is he so fucking pasty? It’s like they weren’t even trying, I have no idea why DMC fans just gobbled this shit up, to be fair it’s still a good game especially compared to DMC2, but FUCK what they did to Dante.

DMC3 is one of the best videogames ever. It does everything really well. The PS2 library is insane.

>Very Wrong
>Wrong
>Wrong

I love how you people try to spin Dante having access to his entire kit at all times is "bloated".

The problem is why would anyone play 3 again when 5 has better graphics, better gameplay, better music, and you can play Dante with style switching?

I like fun, that doesn't I care for everything the game does.

Man, it’s almost like DMC3 is a prequel and that Dante is supposed to be an immature teenager before ultimately coming to try and live up to his father’s legacy and becoming a stylish Devil Hunter who protects humanity just like his dear old dad.

Having access to your entire loadout at once isn't always a good thing. DMC3 forced you to make choices and customize combat to your liking.

In DMC4, the complete loadout resulted in a gimped Dante with nerfed styles.
In DMC5, the complete loadout resulted in Dante being absolutely fucking OP and nothing in the game, even on HaH, provides any challenge.

zoomers hate DMC3

I could not disagree more
5 has less content than 3 simply because in 5 you cannot play every stage with every character (and V is Barely a character). I am still disappointed in the fact I cant fight things like Elder Geryon or Nightmare with Nero, or Qliphoth Roots, and Nidhogg with Dante without the use of mods. 5 also has its fair share of annoying enemy's with Green and Red Empusa, (and the Queen), Judecca, both Baphomets, and Behemoth. A&R is a much better weapon than Cavalier, and Balrog is just new Beowulf/Gilgamesh (same with Cerberus).

5 dante is 4 dante with more weapons and no Dark Slayer, no quicksilver, no Doppelganger. 5's enemy AI feels retarded and bare bones even on DMD. Base 5 enemy's Scudo, Antenora, Caina, Empusa, mostly just try and slowly walk towards you to attack (caina's run at you once in a while) they are all glorified hell prides. Dmc3 enemys have Sloths that Teleport, Gluttony with the sand blast, Lust's dash attack, Greed Summons prides. The Abyss are great endgame monsters, Chessmen were cool, and the Hell Vanguard

5's ost is great, and while I feel that is the best in quality and has a ton good music in the game (Voltaic Knight, Abyssal Time, Faded Tone) It feels too all over the place. Too much EDM makes this ost feel less DMC and more DmC, Voltaic and Splitting Fool are standouts because they are so heavy and have that HR/HM feel. (also the duel blows ass for a vergil theme, DmC's Empty was 10 times better) No Orchestral Metal themes like Vergil2 or Ultraviolet.
No Turbo
5 is great but not as good as 3

Attached: nero_dmc4_by_longai-d21sfxf.jpg (600x900, 893K)

I highly doubt it.

There really is nothing. It took all my willpower to not turn the game off at the opening sequence but I persevered until the cutscene after you fight lady in the library and my brain was fried.

better bosses
better regular enemies
better weapons
combat mechanics aren't as strong as in later installments, but if you install the mod to let Dante style change like in 4 it's pretty much on par

having your entire kit at once has pros and cons. The downside is that you either neuter the styles and Dante feels like shit (DMC4), or you give him EVERYTHING at once and he's an overpowered god with easy answers to everything (DMC5)

Hell looks so much cooler in 3

Attached: 15029357015.png (776x988, 905K)

The entire point of Dante's story in 3 was him maturing into the hero you know fuckwit.
Go contrast your shit Trish scene with the scene in the library after the Lady bossfight.

i'm playing the first game right now and i've never played the rest
so i don't know

The bosses are the best but some of the regular enemies are zero fun to fight.

>In DMC5, the complete loadout resulted in Dante being absolutely fucking OP and nothing in the game, even on HaH, provides any challenge.

The challenge in 5 comes from learning each part of Dante's massive kit and when it's appropriate to use. After that the game doesn't really have any answers for Dante. Which is the biggest fault in Vergil's fight in that it's been 15 years and Vergil still doesn't really have a way to beat Royal Guard.

>user doesn't understand character development

You mean the Demon World? There's no Hell in DMC series.

FUCK YOU ALL BING BING WAHOO WACKY PIZZA VRM VRM VRM VRM VRM ITS BOOMER TIME NO ZOOMIES IN THE BOOM BOOM HOUSE WAHOO IM GONNA VORE YOUR LITTLE YOUNG ASS TONIGHT ZOOMIES

Attached: 1562549508639.png (1270x678, 950K)

DMC3 Vergil on DMD is very challenging. DMC5 Vergil is a pathetic joke, and easier than DMC3 Cerberus.

You could say that for the entire game, DMC5 is just way too easy as the characters are OP.

He had ONE bad line which no one could have possibly made sound good, all of DMC3 Dante’s lines are just as (if not more) offensive than DARKSOULWITH LIIIIIIIGHT.

DMC3s cutscenes are iconic and were really advanced for their time. Reuben struck gold with the idea of the stuntman VA doing mocap

>DMC3 Vergil on DMD is very challenging

Yes.

>DMC5 Vergil is a pathetic joke, and easier than DMC3 Cerberus.

Stop exaggerating.

Whatever, let's just give every attempt at being silly a free pass regardless of how good it is.

Vergil doesn't look like shit in this game.

Attached: 1546549285703s.jpg (193x250, 7K)

I’m talking about his voice work in general.

>Came right off the heels of 2
>Had the most Dante Dante of all time with some of the most memorable scenes in the series' history
>Had some of the best weapons in the series I still miss Agni and Rudra.
It pretty much defined the series.
Some of the later games got more polish and allowed the player more options like style switching on the fly and not being limited to two weapons, but DMC3 is where people realized what they wanted out of these games.

Attached: 20190409_025639 - Copy.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

That's right, folks. The entire Arkham/Jester speech at the end of mission 13 is the highest tier of cringe.

hes a fucking joke. DMC5 is way too easy, that's my only complaint. Now post yours.

Attached: abc.jpg (1024x576, 134K)

This but unironically.

>The entire point of Dante's story in 3 was him maturing into the hero you know fuckwit.
Oh... but that didn’t happen, did it?

Attached: 0509785F-DFBB-447F-B618-04960E60EC7A.jpg (454x324, 23K)

You're a fucking autist. I'd agree he's easier but to say he is a joke is outright absurd and hyperbolic on your part.

Story is suprisingly good in 3. I would normally dismiss DMC story just like you did, but this one had great pacing, character development and dynamics between characters.

If there's no hell where does the hell gates lead?

Attached: 1555827532571.jpg (2560x1440, 778K)

5 is easier by virtue of not having awful enemy designs and not having crimes against humanity like Arkham. Vergil in 5 is ass though I agree, he feels like Vergil 1 from 3 with a few new moves. 5he fact that he can be juggled makes no fucking sense either considering you can't even do much to him before he flies away from you and resets.

The Demon World. Humans wrongly call it Hell, but there is no Hell, just the home for demons.

Yeah by taking cues from 1 and just expanding its groundwork while removing any trace of its horror or arcade influence DMC3 revisionists are insane.

It is literally the only game in the franchise when a well told story. Actually has solid emotional moment. 4 didn't. 5 had a cluster fuck of a story.
Only other game that has an atleast competent story is DmC. Watch all this shit that statment causes

Attached: 1334459868153.gif (450x450, 57K)

So having a better story means it's a better game overall?

I like how 3's story is pretty simple but they understate things enough so that you can get in the character's mind, something 5 doesn't do in favor of trying to weave everything in and over explain its mechanics.
The best example I can think of for this contrast is how the games handle Dante being stabbed by Rebellion. In 3 he DTs for the first time after Vergil impaled him, which you can take as him starting to awaken to his nature due to the stress of the moment. It's a flashy scene, but it's about Dante's mentality and his start down the path to becoming the hero we know he is.
In 5 it turns out Rebellion actually has special powers that trigger devil energy.
What a crock of shit. 5 is a fan fiction sequel.

For me, yea.
4 has the best dante gameplay wise
5 has the best Nero
But I can't handle a completely ass story.

DmC may technically have a thought out story but the characters and aesthetics are so godawful that I stopped giving a shit.

A good story elevates a game above it's peers. Who'da thunk.

>4 has the best dante gameplay wise

5 Dante is better in every way possible.

>Humans wrongly call it Hell
And I'm only human

Attached: Screenshot_29.png (171x49, 17K)

>a good story outweighs massive improvements to game play and enemy designs

I really hope no one takes 3fsgs seriously at this point.

Didn't mind the characters (though the dialouge coulda used a little more...fun)
and even though its not PC to say on Yea Forums I liked the aesthetic.

Dante in 5 is unbearable for me, his moves feel floaty to me. From the first time I swung Rebellion i noticed. It didnt feel right.

5 = 3 > 4 = 1 >>> DmC >>> DMC2
I hope we can all agree

4 has awful pacing and progression, the story is also way less enjoyable. Combo potential is better in 4 but you'll never need to learn any of the advanced tech to beat most of it's lackluster challenges so this is only a plus for combo autist and not for people who actually enjoy a well designed challenge.
5 is amazing but the visuals, music and V are divisive.
3 just never shits the bed unlike the others even if they might be better in some areas.

>5 = 3 > 4 = 1 >>>Literal Shit >>> DMC2 >>> DmC

3>1>5=4>>>>>DmC>2

>didn’t mind the characters
I legitimately struggle to understand how. Donte is incredibly insufferable and his development as a character comes across as half-assed, Vorgil isn’t even the charismatic type of scumbag and comes across as a huge idiot, Kat is, well, Kat, and the villains themselves were lame as hell. Aside from maybe Bob, if only for the aesthetic of his boss fight.

>In other words: nostalgia

I only completed DMC3 a couple of years ago and I think it's the best overall so it isn't nostalgia.

>Dante in 5 is unbearable for me, his moves feel floaty to me. From the first time I swung Rebellion i noticed. It didnt feel right

Alright enjoy being stuck in the past and making it out to be the game at fault

For me, it's the fact that you can play as Dante for ALL 20 MISSIONS and that his weapons and attacks feel good and concise, every weapon feels fun to use to some capacity. The story and it's progression is also way more fun and less shizophrenic than DMC4 and 5 (which aren't bad by any means).

Basically the focus on following a single character more than one or two other playables does huge favours. Jumping around too much really butchers the pacing not to mention restricting it to only 20 missions regardless of how many playable characters you introduce makes the good parts (the character you like playing as most) feel too short.

You're comparing what may be the best action game ever made to what you may consider the third best action game ever made. Gameplay improvements are noticeable, but it's a thin enough margin to not be the end all be all. You're comparing 3 to 5 in the same manner I would compare 2 to 3, which is not an equivalency.

I've been saying all thread 5 is an absolute improvement and that 3 only has story backing it but ok.

I always preferred how DMC3 handled styles than 4. It reminds me of old castlevania games compared to symphony of the night, in 3 depending on which weapons+style you have your approach against certain bosses and encounters will be very different and you'll have to excel at the unique benefits of each style. In 4 you can do everything but encounters never made me think carefully about how I approach every fight, you just destroy everything with swordmaster and trickster for evading shit effortlessly.

DMC3 has Vergil, a solid story (the best story in the series but thats not saying much cause this series has an awful plot overall, but thats not the point of it), good tone, fun weapons, playable Vergil, and good atmosphere (but not as good as DMC1's atmosphere).

I can see why some might say that its the best, but I think its got some pretty unfun enemies to fight. Probably has the most annoying enemies in the series imo. But I am in the minority cause DMC4 SE is my favorite

This is the future, right?

Attached: 1502077256968.jpg (1674x870, 123K)

>by taking cues from 1 and just expanding its groundwork while removing any trace of its horror or arcade influence
I agree on the horror aspect, but DMC3 is arcadey as fuck.
If you preferred the horror style, I feel for you, but people fell in love with Dante being a smartass that doesn't take anything seriously so horror was never happening again.

Vergil 2
Vergil 3
And most of all
Nevan

This is a message to all DMC3fags:

FLOCK OFF, PIZZA FACE!

*bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang*

Attached: 54643233.png (663x517, 563K)

Sorry Krillin, you're never coming back to the series

Attached: 1561603604530.jpg (392x493, 45K)

The pacing and focus of the story compliment the gameplay the best of all the games.

I didn't read the topic. Two points to establish my perspective.

>Gameplay over story even if i consider 3's story to be top 2.
>I think DMCV is best DMC. I used to think DMC3 was.

okay here's why you COULD say DMC3 is better. I don't think so but i respect that these are strengths it has.

>Playable vergil and he's quite fun.
>Better bosses.
Also worse bosses, but there's some real stand outs. A&R are more dynamic than Cavaliere. Beowulf is cool, first cerberus is harder than KC with more rules to work around. Doppelganger is kinda cute even if he is a bit rote. All Vergil fights. Don't say it's the same fight, it really isn't. Beowulf + DT, Force Edge + Berserk really mixes him up. Nevan same as doppelganger. In comparison, DMCV bosses are either Great or acceptable/inoffensive. Goliath is too easy even on DMD and plays like a simpler Berial that can jump away sometimes. Bonus pts for Gilgamesh being the best "puzzle/event" boss. Both fun and doesn't outstay its welcome.
>Combat feel
This is a nebulous one. The JCing is a little crispier in DMC3, just by a hair but it's there. Also having less options forces you to use certain other options. Like you may not LIKE nevan's air attack, but you chose nevan for this mission to deal with enigmas, and now you're juggling some sloth or whatever and you need more style points for S so you HAVE to use nevan's air attack to mix it up. in DMCV if you don't like a move on a weapon you'll never be forced to incorporate it.

Attached: 15280356168.png (206x131, 47K)

>Better mob fighting.
Enemies only have one to three attacks plus a movement ability in DMC3 (outside of fallen and arachnes and other "almost mini-boss" tier enemies). So when a mixed mob of hells spawns it's kidna fun how they become greater than the sum of their parts and you gain a real benefit by choosing to focus down greeds or gluttonies or chase down lusts first. In DMCV you can just double launch and not have to worry about anyone and focus in basically any order. Enemy DT does entice you to aim for minibosses first before they beefy but that's also in DMC3.
>More difficult.
I suspect this one along with the "restricted moveset' are what get most people. Maybe also the bosses idk. There's a lot less cheese available in DMC3. I know you're never forced or even enticed to use cheese in 5 but it can still turn people off. The closest thing to cheese is learning some boss behaviors or situations like ultimate tempest against leviathan heart and shit like that. Best damage is DTE and Just release, which means the fastest way to get through stuff is to be a godly blocker which feels demanding and satisfying.
>RG is better maybe?
This is harder to justify cause tall the changes in DMCV were from the best considering where it was in 4, but they never rolled back the worst change. in DMC3, RG guage is much smaller and reaches max power in only a few just gaurds. I don't know why they made the bar so big in 4 when you have 4 other style competing for your attention. Always felt like a huge challenge to either get used to swapping to RG quickly all the time for precision blocks, or sit in RG for an extended period and farm up your bar. I wish DMCV RG filled up like, just slightly slower than 3 and still did it's current same damage at max.

I just want to play as Dante. Nero has a fun playstyle I guess but I don't give the slighest fuck about him as a character or V at all.
Please just give me 20 missions as Dante again I'm begging you.

Attached: two mouths.jpg (300x346, 22K)

>Certain weapons.
Spiral, nevan, and artemis are all bae. Beowulf, A&R and old Cerberus are really fun too. Shotgun stinger will never be as godly, and KA grapple is actually really fun in slow, punishing gunslinger combos. Like, you know 'em back with reb cobmo A, shoot a rocket, grapple, hystyerics, launcher, richochet with spiral, jump and helm breaker charging drive, grapple, drive, piercing shot. feels gud mang.

I said gameplay > story at the beginning, but as a last note people may like a certain line, or the DT designs, or the taunts, or appreciate the anime graphics style, or the costume options or other things like that, and that's okay too. I mean, you can like gameplay over those things as well, but some people take it all into account.

Sorry user Itsuno hates Dante, it's Hero's series now

>Please just give me 20 missions as Dante again
user, I'm sorry

Attached: 1559871462726.gif (260x317, 3.81M)

just like the mgs series the third installment was a revolutionary game for its time but has aged like sour milk

>all this 3 vs 5 stuff

You niggers should try being a 1 fan. It's like being a native American in the United States.

but Dante is the Hero

Attached: 1535398326975.png (900x244, 384K)

>Nero will get a full 20 mission game to himself before Dante again.

Attached: 1562645701133.png (547x556, 344K)

DMC3 was not revolutionary, DMC1 was. 1 influences an entire genre. 3 made refinements that never really leaked into the genre at large.

All the games in the series do some points better than others, so you can make case for any of them being the best. Well, expect DMC 2.

That's how it is, unfortunately As a Nerofag, I'm happy though

Attached: 1555762122973.png (538x575, 724K)

It has the best story in the series by far as well as being extremely atmospheric. The Boss fights are the most memorable in the series and while this is an unpopular opinion, I like that it doesn't have style switching-- It makes the combat easier to manage.

>DMC3
>atmospheric

lol

It actually has a gothic atmosphere and Resident Evil influences that were a staple of the series since DMC1. In 5 so much of that was thrown out the window to focus solely on the combat. 90% of 5 is set inside a tree ffs.

3 = 5 > 4 = 1 > 2

>It actually has a gothic atmosphere and Resident Evil influences that were a staple of the series since DMC1. In 5 so much of that was thrown out the window to focus solely on the combat. 90% of 5 is set inside a tree ffs.

That's because Devil May Cry 5 is actually the DMC Itsuno wants to make. DMC3 was Itsuno trying to replicate the style of another director.

>responding to the DmC bait

>3=5
>4=1

Attached: 1243446567821.png (314x378, 283K)

At least Itsuno himself acknowledged that Dante could have been introduced earlier in the game for 5. We have a little hope that now Dante can get a bit more missions.

>Devil May Cry 5 is actually the DMC Itsuno wants to make
Itsuno wanted to do a avengers-like game

Your prerogative, my dude.

I played it for the first time two weeks ago after play DMC1-2. It's still better than 4, QoL aside. The story is peak kino, you got weapon variety, the music was nailed just right, the secret missions spread out had variety, combat adjudicators had you git gud for blue frags, and the overall enemy design for the game was heavily creative.
4-5 also didn't attempt to have any rival dynamics incorporated, something that was well played with Vergil not only being your brother but was shown to get stronger throughout the story with each duel.

dmc5 has some pretty gothic levels like that mission where V is trying to get the sparda sword

good pacing and characters, good weapons, combat has depth but doesn't overwhelm you when you're starting off like Dante can in later games. It has some shitty bosses but has just as many great ones. Good music too.

that's what MvCI was and it didn't take off with the FGC very well.

The thing that rubbed me the wrong way was all fan service in 5. The Vergil circlejerking felt like something from a fanfic.

Wtf is wrong with you ?
youtube.com/watch?v=jOUO1vwDxpc
youtube.com/watch?v=xNbBt7sCdUU

Faggot

Except 3 is nothing like 1? Not even the music is remotely similar.

Imagine actually think DMC3 is atmospheric when 90% if the game is spent running down grey hallways.

combat is amazing, i prefer the weapons and lack of style switch over 4 anyday
soundtrack is pretty fucking good
boss fights are alright, some bad ones and some really good ones
plot is best in the franchise, dmc5 is 2nd place
theres your reasons to prefer it over 4, but i cant really see anyone prefering it over 5, they're pretty much equals

>90% if the game is spent running down grey hallways
So, like DMC1 then.

I just wish they'd just unironically try and learn from DMC2 of all things and try to give both protags separate campaigns.
Give people the option to start Dante and Nero's campaigns separately or something.

No one brought up DMC1 friend

Usually when fags complain about atmosphere in DMC games, they bring up DMC1. And even then, the general feel of a game still adds to the atmosphere.