Are there any future games coming out with this degree of freedom?

Attached: BDB531D9-2DEA-4413-9FE6-8F558C35976F.jpg (323x433, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/outer-worlds-choice-recipe-success
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

There are loads of limited sandbox games with terrible gameplay though

freedom to be bored?

No but I'll start one right now ITT

You wake up in a field. To the north is a church. To the south is a hill. To the east is a windmill. To the West is a forest.

No and it will likely be the last RPG with that range of freedom. The ability to kill every single human being you meet and still get a full-fledged story + ending is a baffling concept now.

However, player freedom isnt required for a good story.

Go back to sleep

Outer Worlds
>inb4 Rick and Morty and leddit
that wasn't the question
windowscentral.com/outer-worlds-choice-recipe-success

You lay down in the field and go back to sleep.

Sometime later, you awaken to a warm, wet sensation across your face. You open your eyes and see a dog has been licking you.

It is twilight. You shiver as you feel a cold wind blow across your body. The dog looks up at you with a frindly expression.

That’s actually sad. RPGs have devolved into pure skinner boxes now

Befriend the dog and head to the church with him

>Get ye flask

You decide to head to the church, and your new furry companion follows you. You pull our your flask, and take a sip of water.

You arrive in front of the church. To your right, you see the silhouette of what appears to be a man, calling out into the woods behind the church. You can't quite make out what he is saying.

Approach the man with caution.

Attached: sip.jpg (404x162, 13K)

RPGs shouldn't be called RPGs anymore. It's sad when every franchise wants to rebrand itself as an RPG and can't even understand what makes an RPG good. Not every game needs to be an "RPG".

Cyberpunk 2077 kind of was, but it was ruined forever.

That's already more freedom than New Vegas, whose text adventure would read
>You wake up in the desert. To the north is more desert, it is filled with cazadores. The south is more desert, it is also filled with cazadores. To the west is more desert, it is filled with deathclaws; it also has cazadores. To the east is a town, there are like three people there.

How? It’s not even out yet.

You approach the man, taking care to avoid drawing attention to yourself. This effort, however, is spoiled when the dog rushes towards the man barking.

He turns around, and cries "Who goes there?"

Attached: 1563033501926.jpg (630x648, 98K)

tackle the man and attempt to strangle him with your bare hands

Do you play as mute boy with sword?

You rush forward, knocking the man down. Grabbing his throat, you squeeze with all your might.

The man attempts to resist, but is unable to break free. His eyes bulging and his face turning blue, he gasps, and the life fades from his body.

The dog continues barking, entering into a frenzy.

>being nice to everyone in a dystopian future where only the ruthless survive
Genius.

>entirely missing the point of it being an RPG
Genius.

So like Witcher 3? I loved that game, but wasn’t expecting a New Vegas

>bought Witcher 3
>passing through town in the opening scene
>know I can swing my sword freely
>decide to kill everyone so I get off my horse
>trying to attack someone sheaths the sword
I quit after that and never touched it again.

I had planned to bring Ciri to her father, but at that point I knew it was impossible, I knew I would be railroaded into one ending that's only difference is what people I pleased show up.
>the witcher 3 has received unending praise for such shit of a game
Even Fallout 4 had more freedom than The Witcher.

Attached: 1398440220414.jpg (500x353, 51K)

loot him

You search the man's pockets but they are empty. The only thing lootable from his body are his clothes, and a small necklace.

The dog walks up to the man's body. It licks his face, and starts whimpering. It lies down by the man's body and moans.

YOU CANNOT GET YE FLASK

Break the dog's neck

DENNIS

You grab the dog's neck and twist it. It gives a heartbreaking yelp and falls dead by the man's side.

You are in a field next to a church. The last rays of sunlight are fading away. The dead bodies of a naked man and a dog are next to you. To the north is a forest. To the south is a field. It is too dark to see what can be found to the east and west.

Witcher isn’t supposed to be an open world, “be who you wanna be, do what you wanna do” RPG. You play a defined character and make consequential decisions in a narrative and character-driven story. Been that way since Witcher 1.

Your fault for going into that game not knowing what you’re playing.

Fallout 4 offers absolutely zero freedom because the ONLY choice you have is precisely at the end of the game when you select one quest to support one of four factions. That’s it.

Go west and yell out while preparing to fight

Which direction are the futa girls at?

You charge to the west, screaming at the top of your lungs.

This is all well and good until you trip over, bringing an end to your warrior spirit. You fall over, landing onto what feels like dirt and leaves. Reaching out, you feel tree trunks around you, and realize that you are now lost in a forest after dark.

What the hell is WRPG fans obsession with being a murderhobo?

No, It's over user

Attached: 1561619411867.png (639x483, 183K)

Games like Rimworld, DF and Kenshi give you even more freedom and I don't doubt more will be made in the future.

Looking for immersive experiences not flash games