Can you imagine your only access to the world of gaming being the Switch?

Can you imagine your only access to the world of gaming being the Switch?

Attached: Switch.webm (1170x657, 2.68M)

I own a PC, PS4 and Switch.
I still won't buy Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on any of them because i think it's a garbage game for complete pleb zoomers.
I prefer the actual good bloodstained game instead.

Attached: 63463463.jpg (1600x800, 421K)

What baffles me the most is that the majority of Switch owners have a robust gaming PC (due to the Wii and WiiU being starved of games) and still they choose to play multiplats on Nintendo's shitty tablet.

So you are a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.
Got it.

CotM isn't even that good compared to most Classicvanias while RotN is a top tier Metroidvania but okay

Yeah i carry my pc with me when ever i go some where

I have a core i3 6GB laptop and the boat looks like left
Swicht is just gloryfied phone dude

>Willingly playing games on a tiny screen at sub 30 fps

And yet the ps4 pro is still worthless if you own a pc, yet the switch you can carry anywhere, as that's the main selling point. Rain drops don't make a difference if it's on a 6 inch screen, dumb playstation nigger.

Attached: 1544456441309.jpg (599x449, 37K)

Ritual of the Shit is just OoE for people that are too plebs to actually appreciate OoE.
You're a joke.
Your shitty game will be remembered as badly as HoD, give it time.

Attached: 346346.jpg (1024x768, 186K)

That's why I'm PC and Switch. Thought I would have wanted to play this game on Switch for the portability.

yeah the pixely one is the only one that looks interesting to me
clean the sand out of your mangina faggot

Attached: 1538141014685.jpg (500x346, 43K)

I don't even know why they bother using the UE on the switch considering you have to sacrifice so much to maje them work.

>using a switch for anything other than exclusives
Nobody does that, I hope.

>OoE
It's just Aria of Sorrow and Symphony of the night.
Which people backed the game for.
Circle of the moon is just a easier Castlevania 3.

>Unreal Engine works on PC
>Works on Playstation hardware
>Works on Xbox hardware
>Doesn't work on Nintendo hardware due to being weak as shit

Not at all; Nintendo fans play everything on the Switch even if it's available on a better platform.
>"It's UE's fault!"

can you imARISE MYSELF AND MY SHADOW

>removes shiny caustics garbage
based

the best part is nintendo charges the same price as PS4 for their piece of shit... AND THE RETARDS BUY IT HAHAHHAHAHAHA

There is no universe where you can pass the Switch version as superior.

Attached: bloodstained.webm (1170x657, 1.23M)

The Order of Eclessia fanbase is so arrogant; they unironically see every other game as dogshit compared to OoE.
They're the Castlevania equivalent of the Hollow Knight fanbase.

>NOOOOOO I CAN'T SEE THE WATER IN THE BACKGROUND

Post most hilarious Shitch downgrades. I'll start

Attached: trials 1.png (844x482, 719K)

Not really.
Games on every other platform (even PC) eventually get lower the most time it passes. Meanwhile games for Nintendo hardware can stay at $60 forever.
Add to that how many companies abuse the Nintendo fanbase's willingness to pay any price you ask them. See: Capcom releasing every Devil May Cry title individually while everyone else got the HD collection for the same price.

there is a universe where i hate these water effects and will neg them for existing
the switch being a ti-85 just gives me the opportunity

What was that racing game that blatantly false advertised the switch version on the eshop by only showing footage from the other versions?

>they unironically see every other game as dogshit compared to OoE
Not true.
But i definitely see it superior to Ritual of the Shit.
Hell, i consider the 3D PS2 Castlevania games to be superior to Ritual of the Shit.
Even HoD itself, depite how shit it is, is still objectively better than Ritual of the Shit.

Attached: 235352428.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

I don't know but Bloodstained did the same. They used PS4 screenshots on the eshop page

At the end graphics aren't important and a game doesn't become any less fun if you can't see water effects.
If you want to mock the Switch for something, mock its inability to go past 30 fps and constant drops on the 10-20 fps range. Now that actually affects games and makes them less fun.

Attached: 1550236754534.png (548x666, 361K)

(INHALES)

Attached: shitch ark.png (855x481, 855K)

Those are shovelware titles that can't allow enough budget to port their games properly.

Attached: shitcher.jpg (3464x3464, 1.39M)

CDPR is for all intends and purposes an indie developer.

Attached: wolf 2 shitch6.jpg (1629x2308, 487K)

You can't unironically believe that with a straight face.
They're a AAA studio at this point.
Come the fuck on.

I was pretty happy with just a GBC as a kid, so yeah.

Man that's embarrassing

To be honest there's nothing wrong with switch.
You just don't buy this console to play zoomercore games.
It's targeted for more casual audience (the same one that plays mobile games).
It's more suited for playing mario kart/smash with your friend at the party while drunk or just playing for a bit at the evening before watching a movie or something like that.
Sure there are some weeb nerds who never take shower and religiously play on nintendo consoles but that's a minority.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

Can you imagine your only access to the world of gaming being the Snoy Censoring Station 4?

OoE was pretty neat but the glyph system was pretty limited compared to a lot of the other games. Being able to mix and match weapons with shards is super fun, and having so many shortcut sets is fantastic.

Radical suggestion: you don't ALWAYS have to bring and play your video toys when you leave the house.

Attached: 1540206859833.jpg (720x720, 70K)

This got a gaming PC together haven't touch my PS4 in months.

>Ritual of the Shit
holy shit mate, that is A LOT of salt
96% say otherwise buddy. Be mad, we be laughing with Iga

(i bet you autistically write 'Drumpf" too)

Attached: cry me a river.png (339x307, 133K)

>Independent studio located in Polony
>No ties to major companies like EA or Bethesda
They're indie.

Attached: Autism level.gif (500x293, 68K)

I'm not five years old, so I don't have an uncontrollable compulsion to play video games whenever I leave the house.

oddly enough poltards and shitlibs alike seem to like this game
it's mostly "it should have been sprites" people still mad

Attached: xenotrash14.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Can you imagine being such a shit developer you can't manage to port transparency effects correctly? FYI, look at the textures especialyl at the window. There's something severely wrong with transparencies as everything is correctly being rendered except the transparcenty, even the lighting changes from it

Wolfensteind 2 was poorly optimized on every platform, to the point where it ran badly on PC.

>oddly enough poltards and shitlibs alike seem to like this game
Because they both have one thing in common: they don't actually play video games that much and aren't really familiar with Castlevania as a series.
Complete clueless casuals are what this game is aiming for.
Makes sense.

Attached: 1319815706916.png (1280x800, 538K)

Man this game is such an embarassment.

Attached: 48757448751.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

looks like shit but i'm probably buying it on switch anyway since my laptop sucks

>the majority of Switch owners have a robust gaming PC
Got any proof? The majority of PC users have toasters and I doubt most Switch users give a shit about PC exclusives besides begging for indie ports.

PS4 looks actually worse. Rain doesn't work that way.

A lot of users here are kids whose parents got them a Switch for christmas, so they will continue to cope and shitpost about "muh poor optimization" and deny the reality of portable hardware. Don't hate them, pity them.

It is, but I posted the wrong image by mistake. Here's the correct one

Attached: yookashitch1.png (856x536, 654K)

all castlavania games from cotn onward were made for casuals
this is a casual subgenre of video games that uses rpg mechanics to make them playable for children

Imagine living so fucking worried about other people's tastes and preferences.
You ok there, PS4/PC fans? Do you need to assert your dominance that hard?

Check any idort thread: Almost everyone who owns a gaming PC has a Switch; very, very few owns a PS4, let alone an Xbox.

Cymphony of the Night?

PC guy here.
I'm not worried; I just wonder why some people would willingly choose an inferior experience.

i own everything except for an xbone

Unironically the switch version looks better. You should just post a comparison of the loading times if you want to make a point.

circle of the noon

Maybe because staying on PC gaming is freaking expensive?
Maybe someone just wants a handheld hybrid to play on the telly and on the bed?

Other people's preferences shouldn't make you wonder so much.

I move from state to state every month. No way I'm bringing my PC with me.

>you don't ALWAYS have to
Maybe i do
Seethe more

>buying a switch for anything but first party games

Attached: 1551853593725.jpg (1024x831, 99K)

yes i have a pile of shit on my desk that i dropped there when i got back from the airport and i am typing over a mound
not cleaning it up until i get back from taking my family out to dinner whenever they get back from swimming
you will get all of my typos and 20wpm

I, too, have a problem with people's curiosity.

>1.5 years and people still triggered by GOTG
Based.

>Maybe because staying on PC gaming is freaking expensive?
Not really. On today's world everyone needs a PC or some sort of computing device and the last time I upgraded was to replace a seven years old machine.

>Maybe someone just wants a handheld hybrid to play on the telly and on the bed?
The bed is for resting and sleeping. Those are bad habits. No wonder you're so angry.

Even If I had that such a lifestyle I would still build a desktop. Don't you have a hotel room? Do you only work and live on the road?

>My choices are correct. Everyone that doesn't follow them are wrong.

Do you leave your house for social stuff much?

I posted the game and I haven't played too many metroidvanias. I beat cave story and like 80% of hollow knights main story, and then bits and pieces of others. This game seems way too easy and short. It's alright, but the ai is braindead and I've almost beat it in a couple days.

Release Path of Exile on Switch and I'm in. Would need more buttons tho.

>graphics matter

you are stupid

When i got my pc i thought i would still play my 360 from time to time, but i have touched it maybe once since.
I still got a switch anyway though because convenience beats power in many cases. I'm not buying a ps4 for god of war, but i will buy a switch to play some things where ever i want.
Laughing at the switch because it's not as powerful as the giant block sitting next to your tv is stupid.

What's the point of leaving your house if you aren't going to engage on social activities?

>What about going to a park to relax?
What kind of outdoor relaxing are you going to do when your eyes are still glued to a screen?

If graphics don't matter how come like 80% of the Swtich's surface is covered by a screen?

And even so it still sold best on the switch.

ai is not the point of these games, not least of all, because they emerged when cycles couldn't be spent on complex mob ai. it's about enemy placement and patterned behaviors
these games aren't really meant to be hard tho

The argument of "portability" defeats itself when you think about it.
If you got out of your house to keep playing videogames, why did you leave in the first place?
If you don't leave your house, why do you need portability in the first place?

Maybe it makes sense if you're a traveling agent like , someone who literally has no house to call his own, but I doubt that every single Switch owner has such a lifestyle.
And that's ignoring the fact that you have such a big videogame compulsion that you need to carry them with you all the time.

Attached: 1516029858246.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

i read books when i travel and take full advantage of the opportunity to unplug from the wired, but people that spend an hour+ a day on a train might play games on their switch

More importantly, is a handheld really where you want to experience games like Witcher 3, Alien Isolation, and BOTW? Maybe when I was in high school I had enough free time away from home to warrant buying a Switch for those games but these days I certainly don't. And if I want to play a game on a handheld, I want pick up and play games I can drop 5 minutes later, not an in-depth game I need to dump hours on.

>muh graphics
Yea Forums strikes again!

Indeed.
I abandoned portable gaming around the time I finished college. I pretty much finished all the PSP and DS games I wanted to play, but never wanted to move into the Vita / 3DS because I stopped having "dead hours" outside my house.

>Meanwhile games for Nintendo hardware can stay at $60 forever

I'm considering getting a Switch but this bothers me a lot. Having only used Steam and the like for the past five years make the games seem horribly expensive, and I was never the kind of person who sold the games when done with them.

this, graphicsfags are cancerous autists who distract the industry from the real problems plaguing modern console gaming.

You already have a gaming PC; you don't need anything else.
Don't fall for the "SOUL of Nintendo" trick.

Left looks like ass, having that much light in the background makes it much harder to distinguish your player character from the background. It's technically impressive, but it doesn't make for a good experience.

Of course the switch version is just fucking laughable.

Switch + 2k PC plus 1k VR headset masterrace.

something in between would unironically look better

There's a number of games I'm interested in that aren't available on PC but I guess waiting a bunch of years and emulating them instead might be viable.

>Meanwhile games for Nintendo hardware can stay at $60 forever.

This is why I can't bring myself to buy a Switch. Nintendo's jewery is fucking insane. There are Switch games that came out over two years ago that still cost $60.

people keep meme-ing that the switch version looks bad, but does it run bad too? i kind of want to get it anyway so it feels like im playing an old GBA/DS castlevania.

Attached: 1536396210810.jpg (640x390, 118K)

People area already working on a Switch emulator.
You have a billion games available on PC to play in the meantime.

from what i've heard it does run bad. whoever did the port is truly incompetent if they can't get a 2d sidescroller to reach 60 fps on a console as powerful as the switch. fucking SNES games hit 60 fps.

>Year of our lord two thousand and nineteen
>ironically playing games on the snoycensored 4
Yikes!

No, because I'm an Idort and not a worthless sack of shit. Protip: anyone who isn't an Idort is in fact a worthess sack of shit. Didn't even bother using spoilers because it's not a secret, everyone knows non-idorts are scum.

Attached: 1562818237300.gif (342x192, 1.98M)

I've driven to my cousin's house multiple times just to play vidya and watch stuff with our friends
The switch is much more fun to play with other people in person, especially because of smash bros
What are you going to do, play split screen which many games don't have anymore? Lol

I bought Bloodstained on the Switch and enjoyed it but I pray a Switch Pro comes out one day and helps this run as good as the other systems.

Attached: 20190625_125214.jpg (4160x3120, 3.76M)

Except Hollow Knight is fucking garbage?

switch honestly looks better here
that water looks like trash

>Switch
>Carry anywhere

Granted, it does have the portability factor, but you're pretty much carrying a tablet in your pocket. By no means can you pull this out on a train or bus without looking like some total weab.

Honestly, a home-only version would have been a slam dunk, but it's current track record is pointing to another WiiU v2.0 financial disaster.
>Advertise it as a console you can take OUTSIDE
>Yet barely anyone actually uses it for its intended purpose
>In fact, portability is gimped by its terrible design
>ie. you can play it in portable mode and charge it without some special adapter
>In fact, outputting it to a TV requires an almost proprietary dock that virtually does nothing
>No ethernet port, no additional storage, no additional processing power
>The thing is fuck huge with a relatively terrible battery life
>So you would think a home-only version would be in the works
>NOPE, let's completely go against our original marketing strategy and come up with a portable version
>Where you're absolutely fucked if the joysticks go bad

Why is Nintendo so retarded, and why do you weab still eat this shit up?

Attached: 1251861320677.jpg (252x277, 11K)

>22 fps
i dont see anything wrong
its a homage to N64 collectathons
15-20 fps is the true N64 experience, hell it reaching 22 is nothing short of impressive

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

lmfao. This game can not seriously look this bad? I know the ps4 is a terribly underpowered system, but how can it look that bad? I expect it of the switch, not so much the overpriced ps4pro

I get that, I don't mean incredible AI, just a bit better. Too many enemies are just walk towards player then attack when near or shoot at player.

Laptops do not exist in this year I heard. Shame.

unironically it would be hell. you'd be cursed to just playing worse versions of everything else.

Too bad only people that can buy it can review it. I think those that knew they would somehow find a bad game acceptable bought it.

you're a HUGE faggot dude, kill yourself.

I don't own switch but sometimes i feel like i wanna stay in a fucking bed cuz im comfy AF and switch would be perfect for that. Sitting in front of the computer can get tyring as well.

It also looks like physical copies hold their value very well on the second hand market.

But lets be real here, most people buy switch to play exclusive games anyway

>By no means can you pull this out on a train or bus without looking like some total weab.
I don't care what they think, and most people who would see me probably wouldn't care either.
>Advertise it as a console you can take OUTSIDE
>Yet barely anyone actually uses it for its intended purpose
Okay
>In fact, portability is gimped by its terrible design
>ie. you can play it in portable mode and charge it without some special adapter
>In fact, outputting it to a TV requires an almost proprietary dock that virtually does nothing
>No ethernet port, no additional storage, no additional processing power
It's just a way to play it on a different screen while also charging it at the same time
>The thing is fuck huge with a relatively terrible battery life
It's okay. Just use a portable charger if your're running out of battery so fast.
>So you would think a home-only version would be in the works
People like playing it in mobile mode
>NOPE, let's completely go against our original marketing strategy and come up with a portable version
Nothing wrong with this
>Where you're absolutely fucked if the joysticks go bad
Don't treat it like a dog toy

Thankfully I learned this early on, but gaming laptops are cancerous
>Cost twice as much as comparable specs, sans the GPU
>Usually twice as big, unless you get some sort of small form factor one that overheats like fuck
>Despite the exponential price tag, performance usually doesn't scale
>Did I mention the shit battery life that practically requires it to be tethered to a power source
>And withing a year or two, it's usually outdated and impossible to sell unless you're practically giving it away

A wise man told me
>Spend $600 on a laptop you can take anywhere
>Spend $600 on a graphics card that can play anything
>Are you that addicted to video games that it requires you to take them everywhere?
>Nevermind almost everyone has some sort of handheld, if not use your fucking phone

External GPU's are a novel concept--shame you'd have to buy Intel for it.

Imagine buying a PS4.
PFFFT

Attached: le supercharged meme.jpg (1217x1371, 561K)

>It's just a way to play it on a different screen while charging it at the same time
PSP did it
Even the Vita had a home version

Despite the fact the Vita was a failure, it still is a pretty nifty device, and it still blows my mind it died the way it did.

Really goes to show that it really is okay if Nintendo does it. Wonder if anyone has done a study of the hacker scene in relation to a console's financial success.

muh nostalgia

spot the child

Right unironically looks better, if it can maintain 30fps then it must be the best version of the game considering it's the only portable one.

>it still blows my mind it died the way it did.

Does it? There was absolutely zero support from sony. Its first years were embarrassing in terms of games.

>Really goes to show that it really is okay if Nintendo does it.
Maybe nintendo knows how to sell shit
The 3ds was just more appealing than the vita, as cool as the vita may be.

Imagine playing it console at all when the pc version exists.

Attached: 1431378841175.jpg (640x496, 125K)

Nintendo's hardware genuinely isn't underpowered but the fact no devs are able to optimize their games around it shows Nintendo fucked up.

Consider the following: game days at a friend's place.

Attached: 1519915607368.jpg (1080x1920, 177K)

Holy fuck, and I was thinking on getting this for Switch

Yeah they really botched the port.
How they managed to do that it's beyond anyone's comprehension especially since this was meant to go to the vita at one point.

>I never cared about graphics anyway
You mean to say that you willingly accept inferiority. I own all the consoles and play plenty of games that have low graphical fidelity, but I've never played them on their worst platform.

Why would I play MHW on PS4 when I have a gaming PC?

My Switch is only good for 2 things: Party games with guests and exclusives. If it's neither of those two, I don't play it on that underpowered toaster.

Attached: 1544442496688.jpg (259x195, 11K)

Laptop fits in any bag and a current gen console fits in rucksack or a decent size messenger bag. Or just bring a controller and play split screen.

>Why would I play MHW on PS4 when I have a gaming PC?
That's a good question, if you sonyfags practiced what you preached you would have decent PCs for gaming. Instead you're here day in day out posting the exact same image with the exact same point to the exact same set up shitposts.

are you implying that CDPR doesn't have the money/resource to pull of a proper port?

Attached: 1561466244110.jpg (471x388, 94K)

>Why would I play MHW on PS4 when I have a gaming PC?
Because PC is a meme platform.

>Laptop fits in any bag and a current gen console fits in rucksack or a decent size messenger bag
Not him but both of these involve wrecking a set up if you intend to put it on a monitor or TV not to mention its a lot of unnecessary back and forth if one person has a save and dlc for a game on one system while a save and dlc for a different game is on another.
A switch just involves sliding it out of the dock and popping in another making it as quick and easy as popping in a memory card in the days of old.
Also laptops, especially gaming ones, and older consoles weigh a lot more and take up a lot more space in said bag which is bad for people who also play physically when it comes to carrying games.

>Or just bring a controller
Which don't carry data. Well, the wii remote had limited data storage but it was rarely used but that's besides the point.
There's a hell of a lot more factors than just "LOL OUTSIDE LMAO".

what the actually fuck. That means not a single person completed the entire game on the platform before release. I knew that QA standards in the industry are low. But I didn't expected that low.

>Laptop fits in any bag
Remember you're not only carrying the laptop and assuming it's a gaming laptop you're looking at a 17 inch one anyway you'll have shit like the charger and a controller or two.

You're clearly not in the high performance gaming market if you're getting a switch anyway.

Can't play my ps4 in bed and i don't want to wear glasses all the time ,since im short sighted,to look at the tv.The Switch is an amazing port console.

You wouldn't have a gaming laptop either so I don't get why you would bring up laptops in the first place. Anyway, that shit is going to be a pain to carry especially if you have to go particularly long distances.

Exactly my point and is mostly 1st parties.I mean like what kind of animal would buy MarioParty and mario kart 8 for 60 bucks.Im seriously waiting for Super Mario Maker 2 to be 40 bucks cause no way in hell im paying 60 bucks for that shit.The only game i bought for that price was smash bros and only because i knew that shit was not going to decrease in price anytime soon.

Take it up with the retailers.

This,i was considering buying a vita when it first came out but my god were the games god awful.I just waited until the 3ds got the nintendo treatment and decrease in price.

>worries about what strangers think of him
>nobody cares if you play video games and nobody ever will

Quit being such an insecure faggot.

>and it still blows my mind it died the way it did.
It shouldn't because there were two very big reasons.

Why? Hollow Knight was garbage.

> mfw MK8D and MP are still the smae price
When would nintendo know there place and realise that their games are only worth at most 40 bucks.More AA games are starting to come out and guess what their 40 bucks or even less then that.I bought CTRNF for 35 bucks and is wayy better then MK8D which is still guess how much 60!.

Attached: 1562968393798.png (646x595, 323K)

>When would nintendo know there place and realise that their games are only worth at most 40 bucks.
When the standard price goes back down and people stop paying 60 for games that are even worse. Also at this point mk8 is all on the retailer refusing to drop it.