How would you fix EVE?

How would you fix EVE?

Attached: eve-online-meta-image.jpg (1200x630, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Xsv2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no fixing it, they built and then fine tuned the game to be appealing to only the most absolute sociopath autists in the world.

Make it monthly subscription, remove all in game purchases
Oh wait.

Time to do away with timed skill training. They need to open the game up. No-one wants to wait months for the battleship skill to unlock so they can finally upgrade their ship.

Make a game with the same world but with twitch combat similiar to tie fighter. Eve combat is so fucking boring.

so like Elite Dangerous?

and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Make it single player with good, immersive AI. Deeper planetary management with local governments, population, etc rather than just industry.
New supercapital class capable of deploying a world destroyer weapon to crack those planets.

You don't, you build another game with the EVE online design core of 20K+ players on a single map with real economic trading and
design new stuff from there.

All characters, potentially "amounts limited to 1 per PLEX", having all SP.

Have some outlet for players to get continuous action, such as an aspect of faction warfare that allows players to spawn with their clone in the system they died in with a ship fitted out. Can't leave the FW sector with it, but you can sail out and fight whoever's not part of your faction so long as your wallet holds out for replacement ships. Right now, you only really get that feeling if you're part of a large alliance who has tons of ships in their corporate hangars ready for deployment, for everyone else, losing your ship means you have to go through refitting, repurchasing, and flying back out to where the fights are. Since there's such a big time loss for losing fights, people are adverse to taking any they don't have a surefire chance of winning, causing the game to grind to a halt as players spend hours flying around looking for PvP combat.

Of course, that's part of the nature of the game, 95% of fights are usually one-sided because it's less about the action and more about assuring victory. Fights are won or lost long before combat is initiated, with fittings and scouting being the two biggest contributing factors.

>excel simulator: space edition
There is no interesting combat gameplay. Only the most autistic sperg would enjoy this shit.

Attached: cancer.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Turn back time to 2007

I would give anything to turn back time to 2007.

played EVE for thousands of hours. The problems that made me quit the game are ones I recognized in the first week I played it.

Basically, the game's design has been destroyed by the whining of the big nullsec alliances.

Let me give you an example: nullsec alliances cried that it was too expensive to contract freighter & blockade runner pilots to ferry materials into nullsec. As a result, CCP added a class of ships called "jump freighters" which literally just teleport from Point A to Point B. There is no actual freighting - a powerful alliance just makes a bunch of jump freighters and magically teleports their shit to their base using cyno-self-destruct frigs.

And so, as a result, there is no longer any such thing as being "a blockade runner pilot" in EVE Online. That profession was extincted by nullsec alliances whining that the game was not easy enough for them.

Let me give you another example: conflict escalation.
In EVE Online, the only fights that anyone remembers fondly are "fair fights". These are fights where the numbers are roughly equal. These fights do not happen any more. Want to know why? It's because giant nullsec alliances cried that they wanted a way to teleport ALL OF THEIR CAPITAL SHIPS INTO A FIGHT. So CCP added that. Now your capital fleet is no longer a big, immobile battering ram: instead it is even more agile than a subcapital fleet, capable of teleporting across the game world to any fight you wish. Every single fight is automatically won by the alliance that has more capital ships, because you can teleport an arbitrary number of them into a fight.

Nullsec alliances cried that if local channel intel went away, they wouldn't be able to easily deal with cloaky campers and ratter-killing fleets. So guess what? Local channel intel didn't go away.

Anywhere you look, the game has been destroyed by the whining of giant nullsec coalitions that want the game to be easier for them.
Oh, and this is the game's director since 2014.

Attached: andienordgren_geek.jpg (660x460, 114K)

So the same thing that killed every MMO ever made? Got it.

Also - the most lauded experience in the game for a new player, frigate PvP, was utterly destroyed in 2012-2016 by the continued addition of ships that rape frigates.

Every t3 ship was basically a purpose built frigate killer. Orthrus? Yup, it exists to rape frigates. There is no longer such a thing as setting out in a rifter with dreams in your eyes of killing a battlecruiser. You will meet t3s and orthruses and die every time. This destroyed the new player experience and drove away thousands from the game.

Oh and just in general, CCP games died.

I said died, but maybe a more apt description would be that it was killed.

This is the original team that built EVE online from the engine up. Just a bunch of nerdy white dudes.
They are all gone, replaced by diversity hires and women who literally can't even understand the scripting language used to make missions.

Attached: ccp_E3_2002.jpg.jpg (960x717, 255K)

Remove local from all space, remove insurance.

Are you the same guy or is this a copypasta at this point?

There is a local blackout happening right now, I believe.

archive.fo/Xsv2s

Same guy, and nothing has changed

The game seems to be on life support mode these days

get rid of the alpha/omega clone system completely for one thing

>So guess what? Local channel intel didn't go away.

local channel has literally just been disabled

>There is a local blackout happening right now, I believe.
Yeah i read that recently but it's only for null-sec, still a great change, many years ago now i would have been jumping for joy at reading such news.
I won't ever play again no matter what they do, i think a large part of the problem is just the evolution of the player-base which is not something they can really do anything about.

Remove killboards. Nothing frustrated me more as a new player than being told the best way to get better is to get out there and lose ships, but don't lose ships because that goes on your permanent record.

Parsing kills other MMOs too.

you would have loved 2003-2010ish eve since u had to manually upload all killmails

i lost my stratios today

Attached: 1533237805615.jpg (712x472, 54K)

Let it die. I played the shit from beta 5 to the 15 year mark with lots of breaks. CCP is completely incompetent. People left and with them the knowledge of how vast portions of the code worked. They put shit loads of spaghetti python on top of the mess and made it even worse. They broke so many things over the years and had to just remove them. They took all the time, energy, money and community good will they had and blew it on vaporware projects and fools quest. They allowed DIGRA and it's group of social justice "academics" who all run a racket peer reviewing each others ludicrous papers to influence the game, poison the community and sow the seeds of events like GG. They forced fragments of their abortion WOD into the game for a single roomed prison and openly mocked the community with it's attempts at cosmetic items. They condoned rampant cheating and exploiting at the highest levels of the game and allowed for blatant conflict of interest. The final straw was selling SP for money and trashing the entire premise of the games progression and lore.

The best thing that could happen is for it to go under and it's assets to be released in the hope that someone, somewhere can pick the pieces up. It always had the potential to be a masterpiece and it has suffered the efforts of vandals the entire time.

Should have used a t3

For them to actually finally do that is the too little too late moment. They really must be hemorrhaging to stir up the ire of nullbears.

This is along side with an NPC invasion into nullsec attacking random shit. Wonder what they're up to?