Why did Nintendo not make a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

We will never know if Mr. Gay was talking to himself. We demand answers dammit!

Attached: SMG3.png (6808x4184, 1.09M)

Super Mario Sunshine 2 when?

Right after Super Mario 128 releases

they'll probably never do a digital version to download for the switch, huh?

1 had more soul than 2

Both 1 and 2 are on Wii U's Virtual Console

And yes, Nintendo still has the Wii U store still open (although I fully expect them to announcing its shutdown sometime next year).

Mario 3D Land on the 3DS started out as a SMG3, but of course Miyamoto thought it would have been too much of the same.

Because the Galaxy games are by far the worst 3D Mario games.

I'm still waiting for Nintendo to do a 2D Mario with Kotabe's style. Hopefully it also has all the old powerups and good level design.

Attached: 9d9d8359-097a-43ce-81c0-ddec220e6184.png (1088x486, 648K)

What we really need is a proper sequel to SM64.
>game starts in a serene valley with only the sound of chirping birds and running water in thr background
>game levels are abstract and surreal instead of cartoonish, appropriate given the method by which you enter levels (paintings)
>wide variety of moves that are essily chained and combined together, and detailed interactivity with the world, as opposed to shallow powerups or gimmicks
>lonely, otherworldly atmosphere that is both happy and melancholy
>graphics ooze SOUL with unique environments and characters. primitive, but endearing
>tons of different worlds, each with completely unique aesthetics and a large number of highly varied challenges to overcome
All of the games since have used the same generic art style with overly cutesy character designs and hasbro environments, the same autistic clown music, and an over-reliance on gimmicks instead of good gameplay.

I love Kotabe's style so fucking much.
Although Rosalina looks a bit off in that, personally

objectively on that one you are wrong

Play the Star Road hack, that's about as close to a true 64 sequel as we'll get.

enjoy literally every character that's not mario, bowser, peach, or yoshi being replaced by toads

what are you implying with this? SM64 had a ton of characters within each world, the toads were just for lore

>he says when Sunshine and Odyssey exist

Nintoado has been forcing toads down everyone's throats recently. Just look at Sticker Star or Color Splash. Every single toad there could have been a unique NPC. Plus, Toadette and the Toad Brigade have been appearing consistently more often. I wouldn't be surprised if all semi-unique and above Mario 64 characters were axed in favor of bup.

Two was all the left over ideas from the original, so they must have used up all the ideas on the second game.

probably because they feel like they've done everything they can with the galaxy formula.

and Donkey Kong Racing

If it's anything like SMG2 it'll just kill off even more of SMG1's serene atmosphere and shove more 2D segments in.
God SMG2 was disappointing.

Attached: 1441627540490.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

galaxy 2 > galaxy 1

Purely gameplay-wise? Perhaps.
As an overall package? No.

>As an overall package? No.
as an overall package, yes.
2 fixed a good amount of 1's problems, like fixing the comets so that each galaxy could only have one, instead a bunch that made you replay the same mission again.
speedrun comets were adjusted so that you had to keep collecting clocks in order to not run out of time and die, as opposed to replaying the star with a generous time limit.
purple coins are all now limited to a small area under a time limit as opposed to having to comb an entire galaxy for 100 of them.
galaxy 2 also has better platforming scenarios as level mechanics actually work with the platforming, instead of the platforming happening after the main level gimmick.

I'm all for additive power ups like Galaxy did and good level design but fuck if the game isn't slow & boring as shit. There's literally nothing that can enhance your experience from the 1st time: The movement is utter shit & the main gimmick literally kills your momentum in the air.
At least in Sunshine if you got good enough at platforming with Mario you could bypass the fun killer that is the Hover Nozzle and start actually having fun maneuvering Mario.

So you just admitted that good gameplay isn't the most important thing to you
You shouldn't be here. Reddit is more your style.

spoiler alert: it would look like a flash game and still cost $60.

>music, atmosphere and pacing are irrelevant

Attached: 1468444637660.png (491x585, 56K)

Why do people want this? This style only works well with still images. It'd look terrible in motion.

It's not but they should never take more focus than the gameplay.
You literally just admitted Galaxy 2 has better gameplay than Galaxy 1, therefore admitting you don't give a shit gameplay first and foremost. Never share your opinions again

Galaxy didn't appeal to casual gamers. Being upside-down bothered them. Only old series fans really accepted it, but there is more money in appealing to the 2d loving casual players.

@470273934
You are so wrong

Attached: 7616C331-7F39-4712-966D-BF3D0ACB530F.jpg (359x428, 35K)

People like babby crayon artstyles for infants.
t. Yoshit's Islandick

Gameplay is of course the most important element but the minimal increase in its quality doesn't make up for the decrease in quality of everything else

Also the fact faggy people keep SEETHING about the New Super Mario Bros. games yet they still sell incredibly well. It's fucking ironic people hate them for their "sameyness" yet they go and purchase them. It's just like paid online and the fucking shit that's going on with Sword and Shield.

it's almost like the people complaining about them aren't the ones buying them and are dwarfed by the casual consumer

Yes, they're the vocal minority. Point proven, nigger.

I don't know what it is about the Galaxy games, but I have a hard time going back to them. The juxtaposition between a cinematic presentation and Mario's goofy gameplay doesn't sit well with me-- it's the most "Disney" Mario game. I would rather play 3D World, 64, and Odyssey-- speaking of Odyssey, it managed to provide an impetus for Mario to go on a grand adventure without bogging the rest of the game. The only 3D Mario game I wouldn't play over Galaxy is Sunshine.

That's not true. Many of the faggots on /vp/ bought LGPE for "THE EPIC IRONY POINTS XDDD" and the same thing is going to happen with S/S.

odyssey blows. i hope the inevitable sequel is good.

what point?

I've been itching to replay some Galaxy but playing both games is too exhausting. Should I pick 1 for maximum comfy or 2 for the better platforming?

Odyssey had no soul whatsoever

Attached: 1556141500201.png (640x900, 910K)

That's wrong. 3D World was in development first, then they put that on hold because the 3DS needed games.

>Odyssey had no soul whatsoever
what a good thorough criticism

I can't imagine trying to STILL use "MUH SOUL" as an actual argument

The crybabies whining about New Super Chad Bros. end up losing out in the end.

>Odyssey had no soul whatsoever
Literally everything on Switch and the console itself

Wii and Wii U and their games had soul

user, it's not cool to be a contrarian.

All of which were better in 2

They’re like the lesser of modern Mario games. Not very engaging.

New Super Mario Bros. U is a top 3 2D Mario game-- that was the last one, which a lot of veterans worked on. It's stellar.

negative opinion =/= contrarian

Remember user, the major reason why fags complain is because of the art style. You've got to put in some babby crayons on it to make them happy.

The art is great and people want nostalgia. I think the best art is from SMW with Mario running from the saw on the bridge

Yeah, to be fair I can see being immediately turned off by the art style, as I initially was, but it looks good in motion. I think the worst offender is the music; absolutely tragic.

I think of course if they ever make another proper 2D Mario game it should be a much more fancy version of the 3D World graphics. That's the only natural step to take. But I'm cool with it. I don't mind the NSMB style. It really is what shaped Mario's world in the current age. I like it. I can agree with you on the music side of things.

Never got a Wii U. Just played the wii and portable iterations. They were fine, but I’d rather get a legit 2D game. Mario Maker looks fun, but I don’t want to play kaizo bullshit.

Looking this thread.....some of you niggas is autistic and shit.

Attached: 02DF203C-27BE-4101-A51D-8AB1ED4A3774.png (500x132, 39K)

It is. It's a game that failed to evoke any emotion in me whatsoever, no joy, no anger, no fun.

Replaying Galaxy 2 on dolphin right now. My god, what a great game. I'm even playing with keyboard and mouse and it works great.
Also, it's amazing how the wii and Nintendo managed to create those graphics. Just increasing the resolution is enough to blow my mind. Stable 60 fps also

Attached: 4524254245.png (517x227, 129K)

Same here user. It's a good game but hardly the masterpiece söy critics think it is. I was emotionless the 4 weeks I played it to 100% in a row.

>All of the games since have used the same generic art style with overly cutesy character designs and hasbro environments, the same autistic clown music
That's literally every Mario game, 64 included.

Attached: 9C581263-51F4-487F-87EE-AB761E2919FA.jpg (182x250, 7K)

Yeah, but I think the style would look like hot dogshit in motion. I think it's best for it to stay in images.

They did. It's called Odyssey

The controls and levels are fucking ass

When the fuck will Nintendo stop making these stupid ass consoles. I want them to take their place as the greatest 3rd party dev of all time. I'll be playing zelda and mario on my xbone x, in 4k with online support and chivos.

Attached: xbox-360-blades-dashboard-1.jpg (800x450, 59K)

if you care about specs so much then just get a pc

I miss the blades

Preach! Completed that game twice, looked at galaxy 2 and didn't feel like bying it.

I figure if they ever got out of the console building game. PC ports would be less likely.

THANK YOU, HOLY SHIT. I'M SICK OF RETARDS SAYING MARIO ODYSSEY IS A GOOD GAME.

That's like saying someone is the worst Olympic level athlete. They are still extremely good

Why is Waluigi here...? He has never been in a core Mario game unlike everyone else.

Probably not because it will be incompatible with Lite.