>no maps
>overwatch heroes
>no mods
>terrible netcode
>NO SERVER BROWSER?
>cant hear people right next to you, but can hear people in the distance easily
>no timelimit duels?

why did I even bother with this.

Attached: Quake%20Champions[1].jpg (600x800, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rejCKeshZNI
youtube.com/watch?v=pN_NJVz9I9U
gametracker.com/server_info/88.198.221.98:27968/
youtube.com/watch?v=cCO9QuV-cgM
youtube.com/watch?v=PAzBFFWXb_Q
files.catbox.moe/7mfap6.dm_68
steamcharts.com/app/282440#All
quaddicted.com/reviews/func_xmasjam2017.html
youtu.be/W0ztEpX2r9M
files.catbox.moe/35fryd.webm
files.catbox.moe/jh8b7c.webm
celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=61714
youtube.com/watch?v=vWIPJ1RAk-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They tried and failed to appeal to zoomers instead of just focusing on solid quake gameplay.

And its still a better game than NuDoom

bethesda

But it has solid Quake gameplay.

Attached: Quake Champions Tox Jump Rail.webm (960x540, 712K)

there's nothing wrong with having characters with different abilities
literally every other multiplayer genre has that kind of choice since forever, e.g. factions in RTS, characters in fighting games
asymmetrical matchups are great for variety
>"overwatch heroes"
dumbass

most people don't know that

it's only possible to go that fast with that specific character because he's the only one without a cap on his speed
sure you can rocket jump and somewhat bunnyhop but the game isn't balanced like Quake so only *some* characters have solid Quake gameplay

Sorlag has cpma movement too though.
What's "solid Quake gameplay" to you?

Attached: Quake Champions Tox Drive By Rail.webm (960x540, 1.28M)

you forgot
>LOADDDDDING

>because he's the only one without a cap on his speed
That's Visor, you dumbass.

The champions concept was unironically the best part about quake champions. The game is actually is a very good state balance wise right now. THey fucked literally everything else up.

>performance is complete shit
>loading times out the ass
>netcode is complete shit

I reinstalled it recently because they said the new pro mode is gonna have the 10 minute duels and I wanted to play it.

>they reset the ranks
>play for 2 days to get high enough level to do 1v1
>1v1 is still the shitty 3 life one
>can only play duel in customs
>they have no current plans in adding it to ranked

They try to hurt me I swear to fucking god

If i've never played an arena shooter, is this a good one to get started with? If not, got any recommendations?

did you know that captcha is actually for studying humanlike cursor movement instead of image recognition

Quake 3 Arena and Quake Live
movement and aim are insanely huge parts of it but what was is also important is that everyone should be on equal footing which, in Champions, they are not
some characters have more max health than others and some characters have more max armor that others
I think some characters even move slower than others but I haven't played in a long time
if they just got rid of the hero shooter bullshit it'd be Quake

Every single champion has q3 movement, some have additions to it. The champions is the only reason it stood out from the other dozens failed q3 clones. You don't play quake and don't know what you're talking about. Why are there so many fucking people like you

I play quake live duels with friends every now and then. I don't like Champions that much but Rapha's stream is cool even though he whines like a bitch when he loses

The champions single handedly killed the game. Development time should have gone to other things but instead went into the shitty champions.

the emotionless fucking glance at the webcam after that sick kill
boomer knows how to flag

you're right we needed another reflex/warsow/quake live/ diabotical/ etc etc etc etc etc

they outsourced it to Saber Interactive

the games not bad, the only reason I stopped playing it is that I'm just too bad at it, its been well over a decade since I played Q3, and I never played much FPS after that, so now that I am a nearly 30 year old tard, I've grown slow and dumb

this is the true answer, there are rumours saber got canned

>How did they drop the ball this hard?
they never picked it up, the quake name doesn't mean shit
splash damage already fucked it up with quake wars

I actually like a lot of the abilities. I just don't like ones like Death Knight's or BJ's. Eisen's turret is great as a way to keep track of enemy movements, which is why I also like Galena's totems.

Because you should never listen to what gamers say they want. If people wanted to play quake they simply would or any of the decent spiritual successors available.

start with quake 3/live(it's practically the same game, only difference is slight change to damage numbers and esports promo skins), most other arena shooters use it as a baseline and it runs on toasters, unlike QC

Attached: 'can it run quake' is the new 'can it run doom'.webm (900x506, 2.53M)

Yeah 100%. The direct damage abilities can be very oppressive, bj's especially. Slash is my favorite designed ability in the game, and crouch sliding is such a fun movement ability. Quake 4 deserved better honestly.

Why rumours? Shouldn't it be easy to verify if a company still exists?

I prefer k1llsen, his expressions are always super funny.

Attached: K1llsen vs agent Doomslayer-2.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

The company still exists, but I don't think they're working on Quake Champions anymore

It would be if it were an arena shooter.

The biggest problem with BJ's is that it's either lackluster or overpowered. You just can't balance a mini-quad a competent player can use every 30 seconds.

Also Scalebearer is funny as hell if you want troll scrubs.
>WAHHHHH I KEEP GETTING RUN OVER
>WAAAAHH I CANT HIT THE BIGGEST HITBOX IN THE GAME WHILE HE AUTISTICALLY YELLS AS A WARNING

>Am I wrong?
>No! Everyone else must be.

It doesn't need to stand out from other Quake clones. Quake was good because every single thing about was skill based from shooting to map/spawn knowledge even all the way down to the fucking movement
Even though it was accidental, skill based movement drastically increased the skill ceiling for the game and potential for improvement.
the clones fail for tons of reason ranging from shitty weapons, shitty maps, but also the fact that they're designed around accidental mechanics
When you take something that was unintended before and make design the game around it, it puts a hard cap on the limit that mechanic can be taken to
That's how you get characters with speed caps in Quake Champions

t. guy who has never concentrated in a competitive match in his life

Post Nyx ass.

I don't know how long you guys have been into Quake, but after you've seen like 10 quake 3 clones fail you realize the pattern need to change. If you want to play quake 3, you have live or cpma. You don't need anything else. Quake 3 with a coat of paint has been tried multiple times and it fails every time. Quake needs new blood to succeed. Quake Champions failed because it runs like complete shit.

>Yea Forums: we want arena FPS games to make a comeback!
>quake Champion releases
>also Yea Forums: this game is shit!

You guys are fucking retarded. QC is a great arena shooter but you faggots are just zoomers larping as oldfags claiming to want arena FPS to make a comeback. When one comes out you all shit on it. Fuck you.

Quake Champions is probably the best modern shooter on the market, but that's not high praise in today's environment. Quake Live still has better netcode, and variety, but expect to get dabbed on by people who've been playing Quake games longer than most posters on Yea Forums have been alive.
It is arena shooter you poser.

>"arena shooter"
>doesn't even have equal starts

>no arguments

Give me real reasons why reflex and warsow failed right now.

But playing the game IS a shit experience even if you like the gameplay. As long as the loading times and queue alone take up like 50% of your play time and periodically piledrives any enjoyment you might have had playing the game, it can't succeed.

nice try faggit

see

Quake Champions failed because boomers keep attempting to relive their 'glory days,' despite not realizing the world moved on decades ago. They'll cry and complain that Quake Champions shouldn't have "messed with the Quake formula," citing CS:GO as an example of a game that's survived 19 years without being changed. Yet what they continuously neglect in that oft-repeated mantra is that, since its inception, CS has enjoyed a healthy online population of players even when the community was split across multiple versions. Quake has never had that. Quake Live, long before Steam, long before loadouts, had a dwindling population exacerbated by the fact that the community tends to be insular and noob-unfriendly. And as much as people like to bitch about QC, Quake Live is still a thing that exists and can be played, but only 500 people do concurrently. Meanwhile, CS 1.6 is still a paid game and gets a fuckton of people.

The truth is that Quake could have done everything right by and it still would've been a massive failure commercially, and the 40-year-olds who call themselves 'Quakers' would still be salty as fuck. They keep hoping a savior of AFPS will appear, some messiah that will magically bring in the masses, but it never will and nothing will be enough for them. They'll blame everything: "Reflex catered too much to CPMA players," "UT4 gave us all the mod tools but we still didn't use them," "Xonotic isn't QuakeWorld," etc. Now they're desperately sucking 2GD's dick hoping their little eggbot kickstarter game will somehow bring people around, but they've already begun to cope by saying, "As long as there are enough people for me to find a match I'm fine with a small community."

QC was a shit entry in the series but even a good one wouldn't have saved AFPS. Realize it's over and move on. I literally watched a 40-year-old man in a Quake hat ACTUALLY CRYING the other day on stream about how the way QC was handled "wasn't isn't fair to Quakers." Pathetic.

>you realize the pattern need to change
I'm glad these changes made Quake Champions successful. It'd be awful if they both alienated old fans who want a pure arena experience and failed to attract new players, even if the game were to be given away for free.

Equal starts aren't the sole definer of what makes an arena shooter.

The game runs like absolute dog shit and feels terrible to play thats what killed it.

why did reflex and warsow fail then

Or maybe it's because the game runs like shit and has barely any map or gameplay variety?

I've never even heard of those games but I'm willing to bet money that what I said in my post rang true for both of those games and contributed to their deaths
The game runs fine. I had a constant 60fps on a 970 and i7 4790k

>never heard of reflex or warsow

They are near identical quake 3 clones and if you haven't heard of them you reek of underage

>playing quake in 60hz

Nigga get the fuck out of here, you actually have no idea what you're talking about

Nigga get the fuck out of here

How the fuck he did that? Its map knowledge? No way you can react to someone in such short time

>the zoomer playing quake at 60fps is telling you what makes quake good

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad

>they are near identical Quake 3 clones
Except people will whine that they weren't, and that's what caused them to fail. "Waaaah, Reflex was too much like CPMA, even though everythingillbeok on reddit proved you could fucking edit the movement to your heart's content on that game, even making it do Quake 4 slides.

Tell me what was different and why they failed. Because I was there and I know what people were saying but you clearly don't

>moving goalposts

They failed because people don't like AFPS anymore. As simple as that. But to hear Quakers tell it, it's because "CPMA is a niche of a niche, OF COURSE it wasn't going to be popular!" Or they'll talk about the graphics despite all of them, in the same breath, bitching about how Quake Champions doesn't have picmip.

This is EXACTLY correct. It's not because it was too different than quake 3, its because they were basically the exact same game. Thats my entire point

Why are you so autistic about speed caps. This isn't defrag it hardly matters.
Champions is extremely solid at it's core. I didn't like the design behind it either. Having different characters with different stacks, hitboxes, abilities and movement is the opposite of Quake. Quake was this very specific thing where you force model Keel and turn him green.
But if you actually played the game you'd know that this doesn't great some shitty mess. This isn't like Overwatch where some characters have 600 hp and others 200. Or like League of Legends where you counter pick the right champ and automatically win that matchup. The differences are extremely subtle, that's what makes it work. Even these small differences make a change in how the game is played but not enough to ruin the core of Quake. Abilities were nerfed a bunch and it improved the game a lot because now they are more for utility or area denial. Map control still matters, right weapon choices still matter, mastering your movement still matters. There's multiple ways to play and they are all fun and valid. The way to play from 20 years ago is one of them and it's extremely fun.
Seriously there's a million valid complaints to make about the game but the gameplay is the one thing that they actually didn't fuck up. Not to mention the game improved a lot over time. I don't get those shitty stutters anymore for example.

Quakefags are incredibly friendly to beginners though.
Quake itself is just not beginners friendly and as time goes on all that history adds onto it.

Attached: Quake Champions Cooller 4rails.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just highlighting what you said to show how fucking delusional AFPS fans are. Hence why all the fucking boomers are ignoring my post

Quake is made to be played at 120hz minimum. Hitting a solid 60 means nothing. Getting 120 consistently, and without frame stuttering is nearly impossible, even on high end rigs. If you're playign quake at 60fps, you clearly are new and don't know what you're talking about. This will be your final (you). You are not worth my time

I'm a boomer that loves quake and I agree with you for the most part. There are people that bitch and moan about arena shooters that don't play them, and a small subsection that sticks to whatever afps they enjoy. They are very distinct imo

I had already said that It's been a long time since I've played Champions. All I remember is that the game ran smoothly and with zero drops in framerate
Of course I'm not going to remember the exact framerate I had in a game that I don't even like and from literal years ago
60fps or not, it's completely irrelevant to the discussion

>Quakefags are incredibly friendly to beginners though.
>Quake itself is just not beginner friendly
That second sentence is such fucking bullshit. It's something some aging, lawnmower-riding dad posted on a forum one day to still make himself feel relevant. "Yeah, *sip*, nobody plays Quake anymore because it's HARD." You grab weapons and fucking shoot people, then do it all over again. You're not fucking solving a goddamned 4-dimensional rubix cube, you fucking chode. The reason why Quake is 'hard' is because there are a handful of people who've mastered it over 20 years and they're the ONLY people playing, and when someone new comes in they get fucking slaughtered. Then Quakers want to point them to youtube videos about how to strafe jump and shit, and nobody wants to watch a 30-minute video just to START having fun.

Attached: 1530081070728.png (509x410, 38K)

>nobody wants to watch a 30-minute video just to START having fun.
And that's why Quake isn't beginners friendly. You have to learn all that shit first.

>says that Quake not being beginner friendly is bullshit
>also says that people get dabbed on people who understand and master the mechanics
You contradicted yourself, lil' zoom.

Quake live was popular for years faggot.
You are a retard if you think putting resources into a champion system no one liked was better than optimizing the engine and having more game modes. Casuals don't do deathmatch.

You don't though. I guarantee you that every 9-year-old playing Quake 3 on daddy's knee, or every kid who was 14 when they picked up Quake back in 1996, immediately knew how to bhop, how to box jump in Q2, all that shit. You had an arena. You had weapons. You grabbed some armor and tried to kill the other guy, and had fun doing it. But over time, the only people who stuck with the game were the people who mastered that stuff. It became EVERYTHING to them. "Skill-based movement, oh the skill-based movement, nothing out there like the skill-based movement in Quake!" They fucking jerked their dicks to it all over ESR and shit, until that became part of their diatribe. "Quake isn't beginner friendly, because you HAVE to learn all that stuff to have fun first." But that wasn't how everyone started, that isn't how everyone played Quake at first. It's just been 20 years of everyone drinking the kool-aid.

So tell me why reflex/ warsow failed

Because Arena Shooters are only fun if you're able to actually that shit and to get to that point you're looking at 100 hours of sucking dick, if you're not naturally gifted. 99.9999999% of all players, even shooter players, will never be able to get anywhere close to that. Basically kills your target audience from the start.

Small budget with no advertising and very little features.

lol

Not an argument zoomer

I like it I only wish I could be Quake 3 Doomguy by default do not care about anyone else besides him and Ranger

Quake as a concept, or even mechanically to a certain degree, isn't difficult. The fact that Quakers are the only people playing, and that leaves no room for growth of a new playerbase is also what seals the coffin not only for any new Quake, but also AFPS in general. You think Diabotical is going to be any different?

>N-No it needs abilities on cooldowns even though that was just a fad that quickly died with Overwatch
ZOOM ZOOM

False. UT had a ton of people and pushed the genre forward. Fuck off zoomer.

I still fail to understand how it disproves user's point of how Quake isn't beginner friendly. I never touched a Quake game until I tried Champions last year, and I had fun learning how to play and got better at the game.

Why are you crybabies on Yea Forums all make this terrible, shitty point? Everyone does things like those at times, everyone who's played more one afternoon and then dropped the game forever will ocassionally hit 3 or 4 rails in a row, will rocket an enemy into the air and finish him off with a rail, notice a jumppad in the right moment and react fast enough to lg the fucker into the ceiling.
You don't need skill level of rapha to have fun at the game. None of these webms are that far beyond what any player is able to do if they play the game regularly like they would any other game.

Attached: Quake Champions Nyx Pummel.webm (960x540, 1.24M)

You're literally agreeing with me, you fucking retard. See . Quake, and UT by design, aren't difficult, as evidenced by the fact that you could still pick up and play that shit in 1999. UT was fun because of mutators and people dicking around in Facing Worlds, not because they were wanking to the movement. Same with Quake 3. But over time, Quake became "all about the movement" with these people, to the point where the "it's a more difficult game than , that's why it isn't popular" became the narrative. Truth is that people just don't enjoy AFPS games anymore, yet aging boomers still want the 'perfect game' they believe will bring in new players and allow them to relive those halcyon days.

Okay? Not sure what that has to do with what I'm saying. Yes, you might've had fun learning stuff in the game, but the core mechanics of "grab gun, shoot people" weren't hard, were they?

NO BRO THE NARRATIVE THOUGH IT'S SUCH A SKILL-DEPENDENT GAME NOT LIKE FORK KNIFE YOU'VE GOTTA WATCH THIS FUCKING VIDEO OF RAPHA VS COOLLER THEN YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HOW SKILLED YOU NEED TO BE TO PLAY QUAKE

>People don't enjoy AFPS games anymore
False. Maybe make one that isn't make one that doesn't have a shoe string budget. Quake Champions could have been big but 95% of people can't play it on their PC. UT 4 was big for a while despite the game requiring you to find a random forum download link to play it, yet that was killed once fortnite became huge.

Kys zoom-zoom, go back to playing fortnite

>Why are there so many fucking people like you
Because you're on Yea Forums and every retard here thinks he knows best even about topics he has no fucking idea about

I've actually spent quite a few evenings trying to learn how to bhop, I've tried it in QuakeWorld, Quake Live and Champions. Could only do it reliably in QW, and even then still had occasional problems when steering.

This shit is just too hardcore for 99% of people.

>I had a constant 60fps
lmao

That's the same stupid shit people said about 3D platformers, CRPGs, Arcade shooters, RTS, ect, ect, ect until someone went out and made a good one again. No one is "Sick of" or "bored of" AFPS. You just need one to come out that is good and has a budget behind it.

There has been about a dozen arena shooters and they always crash and burn
The genre just doesn't appeal to people beyond a niche audience

>can't read replies
lmao

>UT4 was big for awhile
You're either intentionally lying or just highlighting the fact that boomers don't understand their definition for "big" does not equal what a publisher/developer would see as a healthy population. Because if the problem were, as you posit, "95% of people couldn't play on their PCs," tell me why Quake Live isn't bigger right now?

>can't argue
>call him a zoomer
You should go back now, cry on r/QuakeChampions some more, and delude yourself into thinking Diabotical is going to make new people play AFPS, thereby validating your entire aging existence.

>b-but I totally don't remember and don't care lol
nah user you're still a shitter and a retard

>W-Why isn't a 20 year old game with really bad graphics still super big
Retard.

Who's really playing 3D platformers? Who's playing arcade shooters? What was the last fucking real RTS that was made, that Homeworld spinoff? Boy people sure are playing that. You're the EXACT kind of person I've been talking about. You keep dreaming in this fucking fantasy land that people still want to play AFPS, and that SOMEONE will come along to save it. Better hope 2GD's kickstarter dosh is enough budget.

UT was made by 5 people and was still in pre-alpha. By most pre-alpha standards having thousands of active players at a time is pretty fucking big.
>B-But it isn't as big as huge AAA games that are finished and released!
Zoom zoom

Why do boomers complain that Quake Champions has no picmip option then?

You're fucking SHIT at video games if you can't learn the basic movement in Quake engine games.

youtube.com/watch?v=rejCKeshZNI

Attached: carmack.jpg (350x437, 27K)

He's a retard but that applies to any competative game.

You're talking to yourself. Nobody here says that Quake is too difficult for people to get into. That's the strawman put up.
Difficult to get into != Difficult game
If you have to learn console commands edit your files watch tutorials and practice for hours to get a grasp on how the game is played then that requires dedication. For a game that's almost dead with no real insentive to get into over any other of those games that all your friends are playing.

People don't get into Quake because they've never heard of it, it isn't advertised to them, the community is microscopic, none of your friends play or care about it, no youtubers are making videos about it explaining how good it is and why it's worth getting into and there's tons of other options for fps to play.

There's nothing that sets it so far above other games difficulty wise. Tons of people surf in cs I'm physcially unable to do it I just suck that much.
It's not that it's too hard to do, it's that there's no reason to put in the effort.

Counter-Strike was made by two people and had more players than all AFPS games combined.

>Who's really playing 3D platformers
Nintendo fans and the million people that bought Hat in Time.
>Who's playing arcade shooters
The millions of people that bought DOOM and Serious Same
>What was the last fucking real RTS that was made
A remake of AOE has literally over a million active players a month.
Holy shit you are a fucking retarded zoomer cuck.

Attached: 1388295671737.jpg (660x817, 388K)

Quake Champions can't play on most PCs. There is a middle ground of having decent graphics and being optimized. Quake Champions runs ass on even good PCs.

>lil' zoom.
imagine unironically arguing like this

And Fornite is the biggest FPS ever. Your point?

Fortnite is a good game
also
>fortnite
>fps

I still play quake champs pretty often, some of the old ones too. Got my first win in quake 4 the other day, games pretty clunky though.

Y'all should've give champions a try, it's pretty nice now but it had a rough start. Unless you just don't like quake, which is understandable, pretty old multiplayer format.

Attached: 1502852972285.png (671x787, 1.09M)

>Why are you crybabies on Yea Forums all make this terrible, shitty point?
Because, in order for the game to be successful, you need a healthy player base. A constant stream of new players willing to play the game long enough to stick with it and spend money. A game with a skill floor that is higher than the mainstreams skill ceiling is not popular. Q3 and UT were fun because we've been playing against our equally terrible friends and when someone learned a new trick/move the rest of the gang practiced it too. But thanks to the internet you have guys railing you from across the map and unless you really want to learn that you're going to quit. Which wouldn't happen if there was a steady stream of new players the game could match you against. But that isn't the case because the player base is just too small.

Sure thing kike

I will never understand that. I can do it just fine in other quake games its honestly not that hard. Just do a private match and practice for a bit. Should take you 30 minutes tops if you watch a tutorial.

>people don't play Quake because they've never heard of it
You're full of shit. Most gamers at least know OF Quake.
>no youtubers are making videos about it
Lirik streamed it. Dr. Disrespect streamed it. Forsen streamed it. Tens of thousands of people watching, and guess what? Nobody fucking cared. Even shitty games streamed by these ecelebs should get 30k downloads, but Quake Champions barely pulled in anybody. AFPS is done for and nobody's bringing it back.

QC wasn't even developed by id; it's an outsourced game produced by lowest tier team on the id totem pole (the quake live team) using an engine developed by the team they outsourced to. it's no wonder everything about the game is garbage

Attached: 1497975094168.gif (266x243, 250K)

Imagine learning how to point out logical contradictions in an argument.

>duels
>customs only

What the fuck are you smoking

The point is that people want to play things that aren't AFPS, and there are old gamers out there that can't stand to know they're dinosaurs. There are 32 people posting in this thread, dude. THIRTY-TWO. On Yea Forums, on Yea Forums, a place that has 22 million monthly viewers.

Will the faggot zoomers ever get this good at video games?

youtube.com/watch?v=pN_NJVz9I9U

Attached: cat_boss.jpg (1614x1080, 341K)

I'm not arguing with you though, I'm ridiculing how you have to paint the other dude as a child using ridiculous juvenile expressions to boost your argument

Diabotical will be better though, won't it? Really gonna bring in the new crowd with a pure Q3 clone, yessir.

>The point is that people want to play things that aren't AFPS
Yes and people want to play AFPS. Your point is retarded.
>B-But this Yea Forums thread has as many people as most threads do!
I guess if I make a skyrim thread and it doesn't have thousands and thousands of users posting it's dead right? You are a fucking retard lol.

Found a comfy server: gametracker.com/server_info/88.198.221.98:27968/
Get in here eurobros.

Attached: shot0009.jpg (1600x1200, 463K)

There's nothing wrong with calling someone an idiot after pointing out their argument doesn't work.

This. Fornite threads on Yea Forums only get 10 ppl, dead game lol.
Eat a nigger dick zoomer

Don't give Quake Champions a try. Just fucking stop. Let it die. Let it die, let r/QuakeChampions celebrate, and let them keep praying for "some new and better game" to lift them and their genre up out of obscurity.

Then you'd have just used idiot, but you wanted to imply that you're not arguing with a fellow 45 year old doomer but instead an adolescent child high on adhd

Arena shooters will never be a thing because people don't want to lose. Plenty of people will dabble in it but barely anyone sticks around to master it. Quake is a game that'll easily and quite quickly show you how good you are at fpses. Most people don't want to reach that point in a game, most people enjoy comfort zones where they don't have to face that fact.

The nature of fpses these days is go comfort the maximum amount of casuals possible, but quake is the opposite of that. You could have all the rocket aim in the world and it won't matter to the person who is decent at lg and rail. It's a game that pokes at your weakpoints. Which isn't fun to casuals.

Are quakefags on Yea Forums just literal redditors? Is that why you guys are so obsessed and retarded?

Quake Champions is not allowed to die until the last two sets of Elder God lore scrolls are out and I've read them.

Attached: cthalha lore scrolls.png (935x2821, 705K)

/vg/ has had a Fortnite general since BR release desu

So why aren't you playing AFPS? Why are you here? And more importantly why aren't other people playing AFPS?

Ah you got me dude! YOU FUCKING GOT ME, I'M EXPOSED. Shit, I guess that means that Fortnite doesn't have millions of people playing right now, and Quake Live and Quake Champions and Reflex and Xonotic and Warsow and Toxikk and UT4 don't all have less than 2,000 concurrent players combined right now. Ah shit my argument's fallen to pieces. AFPS IS POPULAR AGAIN AND I'M SILLY

Point taken. user I was arguing with still an idiot, and I should've just called him such.

Only 60 ips lol. I guess it's dead then

You people are fucking insane if you think an average player can do this:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCO9QuV-cgM

This is exactly why your player base is so god damn tiny.

Of course they are. Reddit is similar enough to forums, what 30-year-olds are used to.

Because Quake Champions is shit and unoptimized.
Your argument is completely retarded and multiple anons have explained why you are a retard.

Thank you

It has solid quake gameplay, and the champion diversity actually makes 1v1 interesting.

But the problem is they marketed it so fucking hard to be everything quake fags hate about modern gaming that the game fell hard on its face.

With enough practice, a lot of people can. Most people just aren't willing to git gud.

Dude who cares about lore in Quake it's all shit SyncError lifted while reading Lovecraft on the toilet anyway.

Quake Live is also shit and unoptimized? All those other games I mentioned. You know, even at the end of the day, even if I were a retard what victory have you earned here? Are people playing your fucking genre? No.

You people are fucking insane if you think an average player can do this:

youtube.com/watch?v=PAzBFFWXb_Q

This is exactly why your player base is so god damn tiny.

>overwatch heroes
Every other point is valid but this one is retarded on many levels.

No. Quake Live is a 20 year old game with 20 year old graphics yet still had thousands of active players at a time until a few years ago.
People have already explained this to you low IQ nigger

I still like reading them.

Attached: goroth lore scrolls.png (598x2252, 910K)

They salted the ground with the hero shit. I will not touch it on principal alone. They can release a genuine shooter without zoomer pandering and I will play it. Until then I refuse to compromise and lose nothing.

No, I don't think I will.

>Until a few years ago
Okay. But they aren't playing it now, so that's like saying, "Dude my tires were working up until yesterday when I got a flat."

>2900 ups

Attached: anime_crying.gif (561x560, 221K)

Your game is dead and you don't even know it. Enjoy your battle pass season 7 with a new icon.

the game was great
still is
you faggots complained about stuff you didnt understand in a game you didnt play

Yes you stupid retard. After TWENTY YEARS less people are playing it now. Especially because the community was split with champions. Quake Live still has hundreds of people playing. Holy shit you are a fucking retarded nigger.

retard alert

Lol you are stupid. Is this what the average Zoomer is like? Being raised by kike media does this to the goy brain.

Also are you coming to QuakeCon so I can punch you in the face for calling me a nigger? Please say yes.

Is this bait or is this how the average brainlet on modern Yea Forums actually thinks?

Then how come you didn't play Reflexx, Xonotic, or any of the other Quake 3 clones that have come out?

>Nigger wants to fight
Who would have guessed?

>10 quake 3 clones fail
name 5 fagget

>implying I still even play
Last update I was able to play made it break on my PC.

Thinks what? That people aren't playing AFPS? I'm just enjoying arguing with old people thinking that calling me a zoomer is going to change that.

because they weren't terribly good? this isn't that hard of a concept

Attached: 1545716590217.png (659x584, 570K)

ok retard

no community maps killed it for me

i was hoping for some bhop maps and silly mods, but nope

>People aren't playing AFP
Yeah. The reason being is that Quake Champions only works on like 5% of computers and has no content. People have been trying to explain this to you but your nigger brain can't comprehend.

This. Remember when all of those CRPGs were releasing and no one bought them because they were shit? Retards on Yea Forums were going "dead genre!". Then Divinity and the like came out and sold millions because people liked them.

Reflex
Xonotic
Warsow
OpenArena
Nexuiz

Not only for the reasons you posted but because Quake-like AFPS games are BORING to git gud at with only 2 or 3 game modes worth playing. The fact that you need a PhD in the "Theory of Quake" to even stand a chance isn't fun. Having to set a physical or mental timer for the yellow shirt and blue circle isn't fun. Snowball effects aren't fun to fight against. Quake is at its best when several noobs are dropped into a lobby and have to fight each other. When it turns into a Duel between 2 competent players it turns into out camping the other opponent for resources and waiting for the second he fucks up. It's boring. I've even shown several normal-fags Quake and they all have the same response of "Looks fast past but there's nothing else to it". You're fucking deluded if you think a Pro Quake Duel is on the same level as CS or even a Smash tourney in terms of hype and excitement to play/watch.

Also, FFA, TDM, and Duel are the only modes worth a damn in these style of games. Everything else from Clan Arena to Freeze Tag to CTF range from meh to just awful, GL/RG spam-fests

Why weren't they any good?

Anarki was hard nerfed quite a while ago, lad. He's had a speed cap for a long time.

but etqw was good

No I understand why people aren't playing Quake Champions. I'm also saying that people aren't playing other AFPS games either, and I keep getting people coming back with, "W-well it's because those games have bad graphics, r-retard!" Except for the fact that we've seen games on Steam with shitty graphics get popular in the past few years, so that doesn't really explain it.

>I've even shown several normal-fags Quake and they all have the same response of "Looks fast past but there's nothing else to it". You're fucking deluded if you think a Pro Quake Duel is on the same level as CS or even a Smash tourney in terms of hype and excitement to play/watch.
Most normalfags can't even explain game mechanics in a meaningful fashion, so I would take their opinions with a grain of salt.

>tldr I've never properly played an arena shooter
could've saved you a few hundred words.

why are you a fucking retard?

haha stop posting dude

>Other AFPS games either
Other AFPS games haven't released aside from a few indie games made years ago. No one played them because not only did they have no marketing but there was no reason to play them when they didn't look or play any better than Quake 3. People played UT before it was killed.

Keep praying that someone is going to make all the time you've spent in AFPS and all your strafe jumping skills relevant again, in your fantasy world where zoomers or whatever generation that comes after zoomers will praise your skill at shooting games.

Lol, retarded nigger is rambling.

Classic timelimit duel is a custom game only mode. You can play roundlimit duels in matchmaking though.

Yep. The game is actually solid from a gameplay and balance point, but like you said, they fucked up everything out. There is a criminal lack of maps and the developers are underfunded + stupid. It makes me fucking angry because I know this is probably the last Quake game we're ever going to get, and they fucked it up.

Attached: 1533081213130.png (369x300, 10K)

The "no marketing" thing is a meme. You're telling me in the age of Steam, when fucking no name shit from 1st-time developers can become public darlings without spending a dime on advertising, that a good AFPS game couldn't become popular? Fuck out of here.

Not an argument zoomer. Have fun with the HRT though

So I guess you can't explain why they weren't any good because you probably didn't even play arena FPS in a meaningful fashion, and you just want to flex your e-peen by pretending to be hardcore.

>game mechanics
>said by King Fuck of Shit Mountain who hasn't even attempted a mod in hos 30+ years of gaming.

1. Prove me wrong
2. It doesn't matter if they can define what a mechanics is or not, the mechanics in Quake are so barebones basic. The desire to git gud just comes from the primal urge to say "Fuck you I'm better" and not level of enjoyment. There's a reason why so many brainlets lurk the AFPS scene.

I just want people to enjoy quake

Attached: rocketnade.webm (853x480, 1.35M)

Yeah, keep saying insults to hide the pain. I get it.

Actually read the post retard. Also multiplayer shooters do require advertising to become popular. Single player games don't but that's because they don't need to sustain a playerbase to be playable. Also again faggot, none of those games were in any way improvements compared to Quake 3. UT 4 was and that had players.

i honestly dont know why they did this. after the patch they reset everyones controls\binds\settings to default.

what the fuck? was it on accident?

also, why reset my rank to 0? all i play is ranked duels, so why are you forcing me to play modes i dont like, in order to play duels again? the devs are smoking

Hype and excitement comes from investment. I care about Quake and DHW and last Quakecon were incredibly fun and exciting to watch. Watching Cs Go esports makes me wanna fucking fall asleep because it's so lame and boring to me.
If you don't care about a game and don't know about it to a certain degree it's not gonna be exciting to watch high level play. Same reason normalfags beat each other up over which soccer team they favour while non-retards just see it as a bunch of guys running around kicking a ball.

nobody is even asking for this you moron. nobody is demanding people play arena fps games and nobody is demanding new arena fps games. we'd rather just stick to playing good ones and we'll rightfully call low effort or bad arena fps games utter shit with quake champions being a perfect example. we don't need "a new arena fps to save the genre brehs," we can just play the games that already exist that are actually fucking good like quake live

i really don't know what the fuck it is with your QC autists. why spend so much time shilling a mediocre game just because it's newer? why do you feel you have something to prove?

I can play Q3 whenever I want and get games. I just want something new. You being a retarded nigger isn't changing anything.

I'm glad you're able to differentiate arguments from statements of facts, old man.

what exactly is this trying to demonstrate?

Your posts are making less and less sense. I know the nigger brain isn't very complex but please try harder.

200 hours on Quake Live and roughly 75-100 on Champions (played during the open beta so those hours aren't logged). Gittin gud is an utter chore. Please go jackoff to your pro-MLG script runners some more

I don't know about reflex, but I can tell you with certainty that warsow failed due to simultaneously catering to casuals with automated bunnyhopping and alienating people with social media bullshit. Every other person had their real life photo as their forum avatar, they kept going on about political correctness and friendliness. Multiple social gatherings in real life. All the while the game bled players like crazy, lost maps due to licensing issues and gross mismanagement. They tried to profiteer off of the brand and failed miserably.

It seems everyone is missing what made these ancient communities great in the first place. The strong feeling of elitism, hardcore image of veteran players and absurd skill coupled with unlimited banter. People were watching frag compilations because they were amazing to see, scrounging elo points on tourney sites to compete with other clans for e-peen. Today it's all about companies monetizing the very soul of the genre, trying their hardest to control every part of online communities, competition and servers themselves. Censoring any behavior they deem inappropriate behavior with an iron fist.

There can't be community growth in such environments. There are only corporate sanctioned meeting places.

you're the only one trying to prove something
guess what, nobody knows who you are and gives a shit about you
put your ego in check, we like qc

>The desire to git gud just comes from the primal urge to say "Fuck you I'm better" and not level of enjoyment.

>he doesn't enjoy getting better at a game to appreciate the mechanics of the game at its fullest
Your loss.

games absolutely require marketing and you' fundamentally do not understand how the game industry works if you don't understand this. even indie games need marketing. for every undertale which succeeds wildly due to word of mouth, there are thousands upon thousands of games without advertising campaigns that absolutely nobody ever fucking plays because they never even heard of the game to begin with

That doesn't count for competitive games that need an actual competitive community. Look at fighting games that were dead for years until people were willing to foster the community again. Oh wait you are an idiot zoomer that doesn't know what we are talking about.

Not enough players for Epic to save it, even with all their Fortnite money.

They won't. This thread is only good for making the remaining 30-year-olds who still post on Yea Forums upset and having them call you a nigger tranny, when they know they know all the AFPS games with server browsers are dead, and it takes you 20 minutes to get a match on Quake Champions before being booted back to the lobby. It's hilarious.

It's Quake being rendered on an oscilloscope after the visual data has been converted into audio.

Attached: nyx +sorlag.gif (378x232, 3.93M)

>put your ego in check, we like qc

Attached: zoomer.png (326x326, 40K)

Hey faggot come and play some motherfucking Quake 3 Arena
gametracker.com/server_info/88.198.221.98:27968/

There I even recorded a demo for you just now.
files.catbox.moe/7mfap6.dm_68

Attached: 1139_fatal1ty_johnathan_wendel.jpg (180x243, 6K)

I don't think you've been following along with my argument at all. QC is dead. I'm not shilling it. It's dead. Your whole genre is dead. And if you think AFPS players aren't asking for a game that will bring more people in, clearly you're out of touch with your own community. Go read what people are hoping for with Diabotical now that QC failed.

That's because the developers that made UT were making fortnite. Also
>He thinks kike business decisions mean anything
Lol. I guess then DOOM is a failure since Bethesda didn't want to make it until 2 guys at the team forced them too.

That's literally the only reason.

>You wanna have fun gittin gud like on just about every other multiplayer shooter? Yes? Get fucked. Srs bsns only 24/7. Read your bridge2rail course

If you wanna be the best at watching paint dry then go ahead. Just sit down on telling others about your refined tastes, boomer

keep "signalling" trying to feel superior dude
nobody knows who you are or thinks you are cool for saying you like quake 3

Play QL you poorfag.

The evolution of AFPS already came and it was Halo, just because it was slow and on consoles doesn't mean shit it was actually a innovation on the genre that was extremely popular for a while in the mainstream so saying AFPS can't do well with the masses is bullshit.

>TFW UT was made by 5 people and had more players than Quake live

Halo is literally just a console slowed down AFPS. UT 2004 took Halo's base and improved it extremely. UT 4 was also supposed to do this but then the devs went and made Fortnite.

This will get you flack but you're absolutely right. Halo, along with UT, has far more on offer for gameplay than Quake ever has. Legit excited for MCC on Steam. Probs the closest thing we'll ever have to UT4 (or a finished version anyways)

Calling me names is really going to bring more players around, ain't it?

Attached: the state of afps.jpg (383x167, 52K)

>You wanna have fun gittin gud like on just about every other multiplayer shooter? Yes? Get fucked. Srs bsns only 24/7. Read your bridge2rail course
So you have no idea what you're talking about. Or you're not capable of understanding any view that isn't what you believe. Good to know.

Who marketed that autochess shit? Popular games don't need marketing, they spread by word of mouth. AFPS fails because it's a tired genre over 20 years out of date.

Quake Champions is shit so I don't want it to be popular.

>The evolution of AFPS already came and it was Halo
>console shooter with controller aiming
>evolution

>Halo, along with UT, has far more on offer for gameplay than Quake ever has.
How? Explain your point.

>Who marketed that Autochess shit?
Chinks in China.
>Popular games don't need marketing
Tell that to 99% of popular games.

>he thinks kike business decisions don't mean anything
I guess that's why all those major publishers are going to keep making AFPS games, huh? Oh wait

quantity over quality

Autochess was popular because it was a featured mod for one of the most popular games in the world. So yes, it had marketing in that it was featured on the front page of Dota for months you stupid faggot.

Post a server. Let's get a Yea Forums play Quake going.

Reflex is literally the only thing i've ever heard of from that list desu

Elaborate please.

>Kikes aren't creative and just turn out the same shit
You sure showed me. That is why No one wanted to play CRPGS, Arcade FPS, 3D platformers and RTS right? Because for years jew business men weren't making them!

reads, hard reads and map knowledge. basically, he was ready for it, and reacted.

Yeah neither do I. I like good games, like Quake Live, that have a player base.

Attached: ql.jpg (536x131, 35K)

What's wrong with 60 FPS? It's pretty amusing that zoomies think they are superior when they need a mechanical advantage and crutch to play worse.

>Or you're not capable of understanding any view that isn't what you believe. Good to know.
>Says the retard that said several posts ago that normal-fags opinions are irrelevant to him
The amount of fucking projection this boomer has.

Attached: 1556885479676.png (662x633, 743K)

Halo Multiplayer is the Brawl Minis of FPS. Fun, but stupid fun.

Not that user but UT has vehicles and a fuck ton of game modes and maps compared to Quake
>Popular = Good
Also as others have said QC killed QL. It used to have thousands of players but just like how Halo 4 killed 3 and Reach.

>UT 4 was also supposed to do this but then the devs went and made Fortnite

epic was never planning on developing UT4; they basically said "we'll let fans make UT4 as an open source project" and that's exactly what they did and exactly why it turned out rather bad

Holy fuck you are a stupid newfag zoomer. I guess no one wants Halo right because Halo Reach, 4 and 5 had no one playing online after a few months.

Quake Champions was featured at E3, had a million dollar tournament, and is a famous brand name in itself. Still failed.

You said this exact same shit earlier but aside from Divinity didn't actually cite any games from those other genres that are remotely popular. Seriously, what RTS do you think people are playing? What "arcade shooter" are people playing? What's that even mean? Are you talking like Gradius, are you talking about SHMUPs? Weebs have always liked fucking Touhou, if you are.

Quake is only good for FFA and Duel. Halo is great for anything else with larger weapon rosters, map quality, and game modes

Wrong retard. It was half and half. Epic's community made a ton of shit but the staff were the ones who were going to implement it in updates. When the devs left there was no one to implement the changes.
And was shit, couldn't run well on 95% of peoples' computers, only had deathmatch as a game mode.

man, those 4 rails are so sweet

I don't trust normalfags opinions on game design because they are by their nature, casuals who don't even want to try to understand a games mechanics beyond a surface level.

>Besides divinity
Mario 3D world, Hat in Time, AOE, DOOM.
Retarded nigger

yeah the game used to have thousands of players
back in 2010
qc came out in 2017 when ql was averaging 500 people

tfw never ever

Attached: quake mentor gf.png (640x400, 37K)

>Popular = Good
Except people are in this very thread complaining that their genre isn't popular. And if it were enough that Quake Live were good, why do you care whether it no longer has "thousands of players?" You should be playing it right now, instead of being on Yea Forums.

>200
No retard. It has over 1k to 2k players at a time daily up until the release of Quake Champions.That is a lot for a 20 year old game nigger.

Okay. I suck but maybe we can get some people. There's a server called PDQ1 *8) that's FFA east coast.

Attached: 1541416787696.gif (147x341, 11K)

NuDoom was a boring generic mess, dude

not that hard to top something that happens to be ultra generic

based friendly user

Quake live isn't good. It is dead because it is badly optimized, can't run on most computers and has no content. It released with only deathmatch and 4 maps. That is why it died retarded nigger.

you can see the charts, it had at most sub 1000 players on steam in 2017, it was around 600 when quake champions went live on steam
retard.

>paint drying is a refined art. you're too pleb to understand it.
Also, that's why deep games like LOL and DOTA, CS in all iterations, EVE, TF2, Rocket League, and even fighting games and Smash have hundreds of thousands of players more than Quake Live/Champs, right? At what age do you just start old bastarding everything you don't like?

>Reflex
Didn't play
>xonotic
Too many weapons that all feel like shit to use individually, meaning every fight against a competent player involved shoot -> switch -> shoot -> switch with the 2 or 3 strong weapons in the game. Despite this, they will fight you until death if you suggest the other weapons aren't good. The maps are pretty shit too, and the engine has issues with inconsistent step height making movement feel inconsistent.
Currently literally ded because they fell for the engine change meme
>Warsow
Only played a little bit, not enough to comment on. Their default package on Linux was broken which didn't win them any favours.
>OpenArena
Questionable asset quality, project is ran by a tranny weeb who is currently trying to redo literally every asset in the game and turn it into an anime FPS. Quake Live was pretty much a straight upgrade when it came out unless you wanted to play Defrag without buying Quake 3.
>Nexuiz
The reason Xonotic exists in the first place: the project lead took a bunch of money to go closed source buy to play. It's a shame because it was the better game of the two. I don't know anything about nu-Nexuiz.

Mario always has BING BING WAHOO fans gobbling that shit up, you dumb boomer cuck.

user...old monitors had higher refresh rates at lower res's, usually from 85-120 or so. 60fps is relatively new for arena shooters. But I'm sure you knew that

Quake Champions had it's beta before that stupid nigger. Again it had 1K + players right until the QC beta. Holy shit you are a retard.

>B-But it doesn't count because m-muh buzzword
What about Hat in Time then faggot? 2 million copies sold.

Attached: 1530087348609.png (715x974, 37K)

steamcharts.com/app/282440#All

Not the user you were arguing with but you're a walking stereotype of how Quake-fags are retarded boomers that spout whatever nonsense comes to their mind regardless if it is right or not.

stay stupid retarded animal
you're rambling

Real talk this thread is the most action boomers have seen around Quake in awhile.

Attached: 1550899955537.png (1279x720, 1.37M)

>being American
Alright I'll check but the ping is gonna be unbearable.

>Get BTFO
>Rages

>posts link that literally proves me right
And the best part is, it's only counting steam players and not from other sources as well.

Only zoomers want quake combant

>Game has 1k+ players until literally when the game goes into beta
>Somehow this proves user wrong
Are zoomers actually this retarded?

>i-if I say he's rambling it makes it true
Go back to r/QuakeChampions.

At this point, we're just going to have to admit we have irreconcilable differences about what we consider fun and enjoyable, user.

i was involved in that scene for 15 years. feels good man.

this isn't asymmetry. there already is asymmetry with positioning and weapon choice. this is a pity system where lesser-skilled players are given a guaranteed kill or two every few minutes through the use of a guaranteed superpower.

Right on what? The only time it ever had significantly above 1k was when it first released on Steam and from Oct 2015-Jan 2016.

>Get's BTFO
>R-Rambling
ZOOM ZOOM

>Now he's trying to move the goalpost

Attached: 1359881331118.gif (300x215, 579K)

>being yuropeen

Attached: 1554687030823.jpg (856x639, 332K)

>i said i wanted diablo with new graphics
>i said i wanted Battlefield 1942 with new graphics
>i was going to say i wanted Quake 1 with new graphics but by now i know better.

Look at this dood

>Hmm, should we make sure the game can actually run on anything other than a super computer?
>Maybe we should deal with the microstutters that occur even on the best cards?
>Wait, why don't we add more than 1 fucking gamemode so that way new players and in deathmatch with hardcore players?
>NAAAAAAAH, JUST ADD MORE CHAMPIONS NO ONE CARES ABOUT

Does it feel good to know you wasted 15 years of your life and are now posting about it on a malaysian basket weaving forum fishing for (you)'s in a thread of 50 posters?

Only a few heroes have instakill abilities though. And even Ranger's requires timing beyond most noobs in order to get that frag. And how does Visor's skill allow for instakills?

>makes a retarded counter post
>can't make a half-decent counter argument for any of his points
>gets BTFO so bad he resorts to "agree to disagree"

And stay out, boomer

Attached: (you).gif (500x281, 328K)

rambling 20somethings that heard about quake two months ago

>boomer that keeps pining for his youth talking about genres nobody cares about

Attached: Ramblin'Mancover.jpg (300x300, 23K)

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to find common ground to someone who considers Quake's gameplay to be like watching paint dry while refusing to accept why people would find Quake's mechanics fun.

No. It isn't, retard. 80% of this game's life has been spent at 1k or less

>Nobody cares about
>Zoomers in this thread obsessing over it
As long as it makes Zoomers mad it will live on in the rage of faggots.

>Game's life
>Retarded nigger thinks Quake Live started on steam
Holy shit. I'm done, you are such a fucking underage retard that you think Quake Live released on Steam. We had threads here and game nights for it for YEARS before that.

>implying mad
Entertained more like. It's fun watching people like you wishing and hoping your games had more relevance in today's world. Just look at Mr. "Once someone comes along and saves AFPS, just like Divinity and A Hat in Time!" over there.

>How did they drop the ball this hard?
Well only the netcode is shit but arena shooters are dead because zoomers are too retarded to play them.

>he's still being a fucking boomer about it

Attached: youagain.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Nigger, Quake live has been around since 2008/9 and is just an updated Quake 3. Holy shit you are a newfag.

>I-I am not upset, I am having fun being laughed at
Weird fetish user.

>Want to play it
>Have to download the whole game again
every fucking time

Attached: 13e.png (540x718, 382K)

stop rambling, its embarrassing samefag

I'm glad you can laugh at me while I laugh at the state of AFPS. We all have to find enjoyment out of life where we can. That's especially important for older people, like yourself, who don't have too many years left.

I never said that but it seems you are looking for an excuse to drop the argument. The point that was being made was that even before Quake Champions, Live was already in a downward spiral. Arguable that the only reason it ever hit 6k on Steam was because it was a new release at that time. Nobody knows what it was at before but a safe bet to say not as active as you think. Sperg harder, retard

>want to give arena shooters a shot
>play about 15 hours of QC
>get completely and utterly dabbed on every single match
>0.3 K/D ratio in ranked duels against silver players
Would it really be fun to get completely shat on for 100 hours before I could actually start playing the game?

And then SyncError came along and fucked your shit AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA where are those game night threads now, faggot?

> 80% of this game's life has been spent at 1k or less
Lol, retard BTFO

yea

Have them on 8ch because 4/v/ is filled with stupid Zoomers. Just got done playing some UT.

>All these zoomers that got destroyed in QC and can only go "D-Dead genre!"

Attached: bowl.jpg (480x360, 17K)

With bots. That's actually quite sad

>getting shat on this badly
>I had a higher KD with a controller
Why are TF2 players so terrible?

Sorry it didn't work out, YuroAnon. Ping is a bitch.

Attached: 1384751567640.gif (250x250, 192K)

>implying 8ch isn't filled with even edgier zoomers because they heard you can find pedo pics there

>UT was better!
>QL is the true quake!

Nope. Just got done with a match. Sorry you are seething because I was having fun.

damage abilities were severely nerfed though. they aren't guaranteed. what are you talking about?

Fact: QL is a shit and QC is better

Still dead tho.

Game crushed when I tried to change some settings

Attached: 1546936830821.jpg (1019x732, 133K)

>he has to win to have fun
pathetic

Dead genre.

Both of those are correct. Though Zoomers still getting dabbed on in game and rage quite.

Yet still having fun playing it. Stay mad zoomer

for what purpose? other than it looks cool

The guy made points and you just decided to shitpost user, it's like being prideful that you have no arguments.

Post server pic or GTFO. Censor name if you have to cuz "muh raidz"

Good goy, you buy that Battle Pass. That'll show the zoomers!

>no server browser
Holy shit what? Can you still at least manually enter ips? Or is it all fucking quickplay?

>he pretends to be someone else.
You are really fucking sad, man.

Attached: 1494300492958.png (216x211, 122K)

the champions add way more depth to the game in terms of their movement, abilities and playstyle than having everyone being identical.

no but i'd like to be able to even grab a weapon before some fag going 900 mph jumps around the corner and gibs me 3 seconds after I spawn. sure is fun looking at the respawn button 50% of the time

none of those is correct
it's what people that have never played any of these games come in these threads and spout

Attached: 6jl6aqmbvpw01.jpg (3840x2160, 793K)

>UT 2004 has a battle pass
You really are fucking retarded.
24.29.244.156 See for yourself nigger.

Outsourced Russian coders can't into server browsers. Everything for them has to be designed like fucking World of Tanks.

I'm the user you were arguing with for most of the thread. Who's grasping for straws now?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13 v - How did they drop the ball this hard no maps o - Video Games - 4chan.png (340x170, 54K)

Sure thing Zoomer. QC is shit and has less content than 20 year old games. It died and I am glad it died.

it was great and made lots of friends and developed lots of hardware and software skills. so yes?

Honestly I can see why games like Quake and Brood War died. They're so fucking hard compared to modern games. I still haven't beat the Quake tutorial yet with the strafejumping shit. It's no wonder games like fortnite and pubg are popular

To see if it could be done, I guess. There's no practical reason.

I figured. We could go again if you like, but with ping like that I imagine I'm just teleporting around for you.

You can create custom games, but the game is online only. Even if you play a custom game you need to be connected to Bethesda's servers.

im older than you
also it's funny how hard you're trying to get some reaction with your pathetic shitposting

you need to play for 2 days to get to rank 10 to duel? are you fucking kidding. you need to play like 2 or 3 tdms to get there.

You're a total sperg that doesn't know shit, quake live can run in a fucking toaster and has thousands of maps in the workshop. It's the only active arena shooter left besides QC.

He probably meant Quake Champions. It fits that description perfectly

You have a hard time following conversations at your age, don't you?
said:
>all those zoomers that got destroyed in QC
Not UT, faggot, QC.
To which he later replied >yet still having fun playing it
"It" in this case being QC. UT, still, has yet to be brought up. Suddenly you (a faggot) comes in and says, "HURR BUT UT DOESN'T HAVE A BATTLE PASS." This is the first time UT is brought up in this specific conversation. Take your senility pills, grandpa.

I wasn't that user, just another boomer saying you're an idiot.

QL is not very good. Doesnt even hsve gore.

>Being old yet having taste this shit
I'm sorry user.

Oh, I don't play QC. I'm not a stupid faggot.

>le thousands of maps
Didn't save it from an ignoble death, though.

Quake Live has custom maps, community servers, tons of customization and far more gamemodes. You have no idea what makes an arena shooter good.

keep making 3x3 images
thats the closest you'll get to ever playing any arena fps

I want to get into the old quake games you guys think I should try out quake 3 arena or quake live first?

Good on you, man. But you still play AFPS games so you're still a fag, just a more discerning kind of fag. Sorry.

Buy Quake Live and then try and play anything except Clan Arena and get immediately booted out of servers because you're a noob.

It does now, every fucking server owner and their mother has the gib mod installed.

First you play Quake 1.

Attached: Quake xmas lava.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

This. He doesn't suck kike cock? What a fag lol

FFA servers still fun as fuck and no one is kicking you for doing badly there.

i just want to play an fps where i can go fast but theyre all fucking dead

arcane and dimensionpilled

>Old Days of T:A
>Had had over a million active players
>They killed it with stupid fucking changes and then left it for the MOBA bandwagon

This looks pretty fucking good. What mods?

i genuinely hope hirez goes out of business as soon as possible

It's xmasjam2017 I think.
quaddicted.com/reviews/func_xmasjam2017.html

I feel you, user. I fucking love going fast and almost every other FPS feels terribly slow after playing Quake.

Attached: 1538180114045.jpg (437x437, 27K)

DOOM proves that people want to play Old school FPS again. Quake Champs died because it was mishandled horribly.

youtu.be/W0ztEpX2r9M
NEVER FUCKING FORGET
LESS THAN 1 YEAR BEFORE THEY ABANDONED IT

They made Quake 3 into a hero shooter with abilities.
Is that not enough to give you the full picture?

>singleplayer FPS that messes with the original formula proves that people want to play classic multiplayer arena shooters again

Attached: 1559265269094.jpg (683x817, 57K)

Yes you stupid retard because there is nothing wrong with messing with the formula as long as it's good. For example Unreal Tournament messed with Quake's Foruma but it was still an Arena FPS. Do you think the millions of people that liked DOOM wouldn't play something similar if it were multiplayer?

Assuming it isn't a shoop, you're still grasping. Would honestly be surprised based off how you act. And to the other boomer, nice following of conversation, other retard

The only thing it did to mess with the formula is add shitty glory kills. Alt fire, No reloading and platforming have been huge parts of Arcade FPS since before 2000.

It's the 2018 xmas thingy

files.catbox.moe/35fryd.webm
files.catbox.moe/jh8b7c.webm

Doom 2016 is a good game but plays nothing like at all like classic shooters.

Are there any mods for Quake 1 that just improve the sound? I'm fine with the visuals, but the sound is very low quality

Yes it does. Outside of Glorykills it plays a fucking lot like Duke and Half-life

>do you think the millions of people that liked DOOM wouldn't play something similar if it were multiplayer?
They didn't even play DOOM's own multiplayer, fag, even though that was Halo-ized.

Still not an argument for how people that like those types of things would enjoy it carrying over to a multiplayer shooter.

Your prerogative, my dude.

>They didn't play DOOM's multiplayer
Because it was nothing like DOOM and was made by a different developer.
>Still not an argument for how people that like those types of things would enjoy it carrying over to a multiplayer shooter
I guess then that no one should have liked DOOMs multiplayer mode then right? Taking a single player experience and making it multiplayer has been a thing for decades. Of course people who liked 1 are generally going to like the other.

get the fuck out

celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=61714

Give this a shot

Fuck off, boomer

You might have made a good argument if you weren't also neglecting that no other arena shooter that wasn't handled poorly in terms of gameplay and features like modding and mapmaking also failed in recent years.

>other games do this so it is ok to put it in a game that was predicated on balanced gameplay in which player skill was the only factor in who wins or loses

You mean games made by 3 guys that were just Quake clones with WORSE graphics? Hmm, I wonder why people stuck with Quake 3.
Except there was a case in Unreal Tournament which actually was popular before it was killed.

I play Counter Strike Source for my speed shooter fix
100 tick Deathmatch are perfect for that

Guess what, the vast majority of online games fail, especially online shooters. I guess by that logic Midair dying means no one wants a new tribes game despite the fact that Tribes Ascend had over a million active players. Most multiplayer games die because you have to
>Pay a fuck ton to advertise it
>Get twitch streamers to play it
>Make up a competitive community and E-sports shit
It didn't used to be like this but today no multiplayer FPS has gotten big on a no string budget. Especially games that are just Reskinned Quake.

Fortnite is actually hard as balls though so many no life 12 year olds with godly reaction time who will end you in an instant, problem is games like Quake feel downright alien to modern audiences as gameplay style has diverged so radically since that time and the whole 90s anemic presentation give casuals very little to latch onto I mean a huge part of why Fortnite is even popular is because the skins and artstyle.

>Tribes Ascend had over a million active players.
Bullshit

It did you stupid fucking newfag.

>gameplay style has diverged so radically since that time and the whole 90s anemic presentation give casuals very little to latch onto
That really has nothing to do with it. I mean go ahead and try it, the average kid would just get killed so fast in Quake they would never want to play it again

>counter strike
>going fast
You move at like 200 ups in Counter-Strike. When I play Quack I'm zooming around the map at the speed of sound.

Attached: 1545700491617.jpg (1024x882, 173K)

>“We’re thrilled that over 1 million gamers have discovered the fast-paced and skill-based gameplay of Tribes,” This was right after launch
From Hi-rez. Active means as in people who play on a regular basis.

Max health was unified to 100 over a year ago, and armor is evenly split into light/medium/heavy character sizes Tribes style.

That's why you do what UT did and have objective based gamemodes so dying is fine.

Source or GTFO. Steam Charts say 3100 tops and other research says the game's series might've gotten to ~500k

>Truth is that people just don't enjoy AFPS games anymore
That's objectively wrong, though. Halo is basically the perfect adaptation of AFPS to console; only two weapons because of a lack of buttons and a slower movement speed so aiming and moving could be performed simultaneously on a controller without feeling "off" from copious amounts of aim assist, but it retains even starts, map control, an emphasis on movement, etc., and Halo was the most popular game on Xbox Live until Reach muddied the formula, and even then Reach remained in the top 3 cames by concurrent players until Halo 4 desecrated the formula to the point of not even resembling an arena shooter. Once Halo tried to not be an arena shooter, its population flatlined, and when they took steps back towards AFPS with Halo 5, it regained some population. The prospect of Halo Infinite being a classic arena FPS has millions of peopler excited and has helped it gain significant hype.

It plays more like Serious Sam if anything.

>Steam
>Game that was put on steam after it was already killed
Holy shit you are a retarded newfag. KYS. I bet you are the same retard that used Steam stats for Quake Live as well.

Not source, boomer

You already proved that you are a stupid newfag that wasn't around when the game was big. I have nothing to say to cancerous retards like you.

>pay a fuck ton to advertise it
PUBG had like no advertising budget. They just went and reached out to streamers that were already playing similar things. Of course the opposite can be true too, there were high profile streamers streaming Quake Champions, but people didn't play that. Even Dr. Disrespect streamed it while he was still relevant.

hes always had a cap. its just changed over time

>he thinks the reason people want to play Halo Infinite is because of multiplayer
Xbots just want to be THE CHIEF, BRO

When was the game released?

>No advertising budget
It did. It just used that advertising to get twitch streamers to play.
Twitch is advertising. Also Quake Champions dying is completely to do with the horrible optimization and no content.

>Asking questions you should be able to figure out and know yourself

>100 hours
oh my sweet summer child

>put Quake in the title
>multiple heroes/classes that each are radically different
>the weapons are unbalanced as shit and not in the fun quake way

much surprise so wow

K. Wiki says Tribes Ascende was released in April, 2012. Steam Charts has kept records from July 2012 and on. July 2012 shows the game peaking at 3100 players. It has "1 million players" the same way OW has "40 million active players"

Your move, retard

Holy shit you really are a fucking retard. Did you not read the thread about how T:A was killed LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER RELEASE?

>Released
The game was most popular before it was "Released" during Open beta. It was killed right near release so they could jump onto the MOBA bandwagon. The fact that we have to explain this to you means you are a newfag Zoomer and need to KYS.

>A game that was put on steam after it was already abandoned didn't have players!

KYS newfag

You aren't worth the effort to shoop a screencap over. Watching you squirm with buzzwords is worth responding to though.

>the weapons are unbalanced as shit and not in the fun quake way
In what way? Most of the weapon stats are directly copied from Quake 3. Only big difference is the LG is back to Q3A's 7-damage tics instead of QL's 6-damage, and the railgun does 90 damage to split the difference between Q3A's 100 and QL's 80.

So... never more than 1 million active players?

It was announced March 2011. So in 1 year it went from 1 mil active to 3k? Doubtful. Nice samefag BTW
>inb4 shooped pic
Nah. It's you. Quite obvious based on your sperging out

Quite obvious based on your sperging out or maybe boomers have that bad of a hivemind*

They had a really minimal advertising budget. They've talked about it before. Also "no content" only matters to people who are already engaged and longer-term players, but Quake Champions didn't manage to engage anyone.

>A game that was completely abandoned had their player numbers drop
Hmm, who would have guessed? COD goes from millions to only a couple of thousand of players in a year as well you stupid nigger newfag.

>implying that the different heroes/classes made anyone mad except aging 30-year-olds

>No content only matters
False. Quake Champions had only 1 mode, Deathmatch when it was in open beta. No one is going to play a mode that is designed for the highest level of players. They should have had more friendly modes like Freezetag, capture the objective, ect. Also most people couldn't even run the fucking game.

play tl duels with me, EU
also bring /arena/ back pls

>It only made the core demographic mad!
Also it's focusing on Champions instead of what the game actually needed that killed it.

Because COD has a new one released every year that people migrate to.

>COD goes from millions to only a couple of thousand of players in a year as well you stupid nigger newfag.
Modern CoDs arguably yes, but if we're talking MW3 and prior then you're dead wrong. With Tribes being an obscure title for most current players on PC only there seems to be little evidence to suggest 1 million people were playing it actively. Downloads? Yeah. In the sense of a try for an hour then leave

And Tribes was abandoned by devs. That's just as fucking murderous if not more so.

>also bring /arena/ back pls
Fuck no. Was the worst case of Discord trannies and attention whoring boomers

>Retard that never played the game thinks he is right when all the people on Yea Forums saying he is wrong are actually the wrong ones!

>Discord trannies
what
I browsed /arena/ for months and did not see a single discord link

The drawfags and OC creation were good, though.

play deathmatch or team death match dumbo

learn the game in an environment that isn't so punishing

god why is this so satisfying?

Based

>Quake Champions only had FFA in open beta
Outright fucking lying. When Open Beta started in 2017 at QuakeCon, there was FFA, Team FFA, Duel, and Sacrifice. When Bethesda pimped that shit hard during last year's E3, they'd added Instagib for noobs that couldn't kill things.

Attached: 1519776549296.jpg (600x600, 76K)

Are there actually any go fast fps games that still have a decent playerbase?

The game had over 100 million kills in only it's first month. This means that on average 1 million players played enough to get 100 kills each which would take hours.

The core demographic isn't even the main video game buying demographic anymore, and aren't all that relevant to business decisions that companies make. You think the millions of people that bought nuDOOM were boomers?

>There was deathmatch, team deathmatch, 1 v 1 deathmatch and a game mode that was broken and no one played
They are all deathmatch. It needed objective based Cap Points or push shit modes that casual players need. Going into a server and getting 0-20 is not fun for new players.

By Yea Forums definition, yes.

>OC creation
This is the real reason QC failed, not enough porn. I'm dead fucking serious, look at shit games like Paladins; popular because waifus get good art. Bethesda should've taken their marketing dollars and commissioned rule 34 artists to draw porn instead of whatever other dumbfuck things they tried.

Attached: 1510279584912.png (535x699, 135K)

They should have had hot females worth making porn about.

>a game mode that no one played
>they needed an objective based game mode where you capped points
NIGGER YOU LITERALLY DESCRIBED SACRIFICE

And we're back to square 1. Why are retro FPS fags the biggest brainlets? Shit doesn't add up

>100 kills takes hours
This is how I know you're a dumb old fuck because anyone even remotely competent in vidya could get 100 kills withing a weekend's worth of playing. More if they play every day. Just because you now have shit reflexes doesn't mean everyone else does

Also they should have sold skins to dress up your waifu and make her look even sluttier. It's the bread and butter of most F2P games.

fortnite doesn't require any shooting skills, you won't be melted by a fortnite kid, they'll build a tower, but once you get to the actual gunfight they are helpless

Sacrifice was fucking shit. That is why it doesn't count. It was even taken out of the game because of how bad it was.

>NO SERVER BROWSER
why?

That means 1 million players played a weekends amount of playing in a month. meaning it had 1 million active players in a month you stupid nigger.

All of QC's females are fine and cater to various kinks.

I'm sorry you're a fag.

Attached: 1530087723484.jpg (1200x900, 985K)

Why are you still posting when you should go back to r*ddit newfag?

That's also a lie. It was taken out because they were putting in bots and bots were too stupid to understand Sacrifice. Also, once Sacrifice was removed, suddenly everyone wanted to play Sacrifice and bitched about how Sacrifice was gone. You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Sacrifice was shit. It should have been capture points or push the cart or something. The maps weren't desgined for sacrifice and they should have maps designed for a gamemode.

>Also they should have sold skins to dress up your waifu
They could've had it all.

Attached: 1508960132130.png (523x501, 108K)

Quake would have done better if they had a campaign. DOOM was successful because it had a good single player campaign.

>find out I enjoy fast shooters
>they are either dead or filled with 20+ year veterans who curbstomp me everytime I try and get into them

Attached: D4OU7D1U8AA8xl2.jpg large.jpg (670x503, 42K)

Nope, better to monetize that shit. Or wait, even better, monetize it while adding at a snail's pace.

Problem with something like "push the cart" for Quake is that even Quake Champions moved too fast for that shit. Look at CTF, people begged for that mode for years and when they finally got it, they cried because Anarki and Sorlag were too fast. Sacrifice WAS a good mode, it just took aging boomers a long time to realize it and when they had, it was gone, and they threw a shit fit. The only really bad mode that QC had was the abortion that was fucking Slipgate.

>doesn't remember Quake 4 was shit

This. Best timeline would be a singleplayer Quake where each character had their own campaign. Second-best world is one campaign, but you could use every character in all the maps.

Take it back fag quake 4 was great

>singleplayer Quake where each character had their own campaign
Don't fucking pretend like boomers wouldn't have screeched that they weren't only playing as Ranger or Bitterman.

Only idiots complained about too fast. Real criticism was shitty maps for CTF.

>I know literally nothing about Quake: the post

I'm right.

Attached: 1516882201178.png (1000x1124, 1.05M)

MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

I liked the campaign and crouch sliding was the only real meaningful improvement to vq3 movement I have ever seen past dozens of failed indy attempts. Not to mention my personal favorite weapon models in the entire series.

Fuck you tim spillits

Attached: 1391357949423.gif (280x289, 1.32M)

>you'll never kidnap Carmack, Romero, McGee, and Sandy and force them to combine their autisms to make another Quake game

why you doing this to me man

Attached: 1503799670194.jpg (979x1305, 278K)

People don't even like the new characters. The moment you had a fucking Scalebearer chapter people would just scream about NOT MUH QUAKE

Post your quake memes before the thread dies. Also any art of Slash in her daquis outfit or whatever is very appreciated

postan a nice galena art work somebody posted in an earlier thread

Attached: 1562795003799.jpg (1342x1700, 755K)

how many you want breh

Attached: 1513443022247.gif (439x296, 3.37M)

TRIPS DEMAND QUAKE MEMES

Attached: missingjump.png (960x540, 622K)

>Scalebearer chapter is just video related, only on foot and in an eldritch train station
youtube.com/watch?v=vWIPJ1RAk-M

No it doesn't, retard. People can play for extended periods of time and get plenty of kills. You'd know that if you were actually any good at video games. For a game to drop from 1 mil to 3k in a year and a half is unheard of.

If you get the last response then you win the argument, boomer.

Attached: 1530058487459.png (640x400, 14K)

The second half was great

Attached: 1507074233548.jpg (2066x2925, 3.15M)

YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE

Does anyone have that image explaining each of the champions? The one where it describes Scalebearer trying to collect all the Infinity Stones to turn half the universe into trains? Also
SHAMBLIN' NIGGAS

Attached: shambling.gif (440x404, 1.37M)

Attached: 1505077706108.jpg (598x289, 39K)

You know nothing about the Quake community if you think they would have gotten behind this, no matter how fun it might have been.

kek showing skin in 2019 is haram, the best thing we get is skintight suit like what Nyx wears its actually mindboggling how paranoid devs are about showing skin anymore on female characters given it was so trivial and common just a decade ago.

Attached: 1503970655607.jpg (1003x1523, 940K)

Attached: 1504441979813.jpg (1000x1000, 509K)

Attached: 1503701029737.jpg (1223x610, 233K)

>can't bring Paul Steed back from the dead to model bodacious and edgy babes with robot arms and huge asses

Attached: 1505097466953.jpg (788x1024, 101K)

I never said anything about how the Quake community would take it though. Just have some fun before the thread dies, dude.

Attached: 1496707455203.jpg (411x310, 31K)

>shaved version
gross

Sorlag's naked and she's female.

Attached: 1530074622567.jpg (720x942, 91K)

So basically 1 million players played on average for hours in a month. Lol, you dumb

Attached: 1555956317960.jpg (976x1500, 577K)

UT did it just fine

Fun isn't allowed in Quake, everyone's gotta be a fucking autismo if even one thing isn't the same as the old games.

Attached: 1525628723124.jpg (557x629, 87K)

>Never played Tribes but thinks he knows how long it takes to get kills

>tfw Clutch main
>tfw my fat ass would get caught on corners killing my fast
>tfw when I'd save my shield just so I could track Nyx's whenever they cloaked
I love him, but man it was an uphill battle at times.

Attached: 1507077320815.jpg (285x352, 20K)

please post the superior version :)

Attached: 1559296130591.jpg (862x777, 154K)

>tfw we will never experience a quake champions sfm and 2d lewd renaissance

Attached: asdasdasda.jpg (185x189, 10K)

I feel like arena shooters can't and won't become popular again

Attached: 78678687646515.png (1920x1008, 2.13M)

UT isn't as fast as Quake, and their community never fetishized speed like Quake. That's why modes like Bombing Run worked.

Attached: slasharena.jpg (800x1025, 223K)

Attached: 1508306931539.png (400x387, 228K)

Anyone know a good quake streamer who's chill and doesn't rage?

rapha

>tfw you leave a match and get matched back into the same game
qc is dead dudes

toxjq
he doesnt talk much though

not Xhep lol

Attached: 1496685585970.png (1100x1380, 1.12M)

gotta find a slipgate out of this thread

I wish they had hired 2gd to lead the QC team. I want Syncerror to choke on a dick.

>502 post in a Quake thread
>2019
Holy shit.

Attached: nyx df.jpg (1128x1500, 806K)

>retarded boomer is bad at vidya and can't comprehend how people could get multiple kills

Holy shit you have a low IQ. Getting multiple kills takes time meaning people were playing for a while.

I would literally kill to have this happen. Hopefully diabotical is good. I know it won't be, but I'm gonna put 200 hours in it at least so I hope its good.

Attached: trying to get the ra on cpm22.gif (450x240, 1.99M)

You admitted you didn't even play the game faggot. You lost like a dozen replies ago.

I think the game will be good, but I seriously doubt it will have a decent playbase.
Also You can't create custom servers. It's matchmaking or invite games only.

Attached: 1532470965865.jpg (849x1200, 130K)

the disappointment begins

Attached: 1515410326095.png (734x557, 418K)

>Default weapons look like shit
>Original Quake style weapons are available but you have to pay for them or grind
Those Jewish motherfuckers

ending on a cooller post

Attached: 1507556978460.jpg (885x956, 161K)

What are you going to do if Diabotical fails?

Attached: cooler bloodbath.jpg (651x407, 238K)