Okay so why are we collectively not supposed to like this controller again?

okay so why are we collectively not supposed to like this controller again?

Attached: 5e4e3bcf-27f3-42ef-b676-63564a34af22_1.ac574a590061e1f2b63c97dda37a7a92.jpg (650x650, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/binPB4YbWmM?t=534
twitter.com/AnonBabble

analog sticks feel like shit and the share button is gay

other than that it's ok

I think it's good

The PS3 controller was an abortion though

say whatever as long as you acknowledge that its better than this fucking garbage

Attached: Microsoft-869272155-XboxOne_Controller_F_TransBG_RGB_2013_1k.png (1000x760, 510K)

analog sticks are in the wrong configuration
dpad sucks, but most dpads do
start/share buttons are annoying to press
triggers activate if you set the controller down
too small overall

I don't like its fat handles compared to the DS3.

>Shit battery life
>Underutilized touchpad
>Underutilized gyroscope which COULD be used for shooter, but never is
>Annoying bright light that can't be turned off
Other than that, I like it.

it feels like it was made for gay people, I prefer the xbone. and this is coming from a pansexual.

because it's a sony product, therefore Yea Forums must hate it.

PC compatibility is retarded and requires 3rd party utilities

The touchpad and the speakers are so ridiculously useless I just don’t understand why they add them in the first place
Also the blue light looks stupid

the start button and "select" button are hard to hit. the analog sticks aren't in a comfortable position compared to xbox, but aren't that bad. otherwise i like it. i know this was a bait thread but i wanted to answer anyway.

David Cage "games".
I'm pretty sure those are the only ones that even used them.

>oh no I have to download a 20mb program
That 3rd party utility let's you do a lot more with the controller that you can do with an xbox controller natively.
Also, you don't even need it for Steam games.

I like it, battery life is fucking atrocious though.

All time favorite controller is still the Fatty, fite me.

Cheap shit that creaks and wobbles
½hr battery life eaten up by the stupid touchpad that no game uses
VR tracking light that can simply not be disabled

Monstrously fucking uncomfortable
It feels like I'm holding a tiny bike handle

why does DS4 not work with like any games unless you use steam configs?

I like it.
If I had to rank though it would be like this:
XBOX > Switch Pro > DS4
I don't think we have shit controllers this generation

Do the DS4 triggers do the same thing as the DS3 triggers where after a while they get really loose and mushy? Or are they actually good now
The DS3 triggers were honestly atrocious

I've always found the "hurr why'd they get rid of Select for a Facebook button" the stupidest fucking complaint.

Select was replaced by the Touchpad, which is also a standard button on top of its other functions. Share is an entirely new button and did not replace the functions of anything before.

And also what the fuck is wrong with a screenshot and record button? Fuck off. I get if you don't like social media but if you can't see how a screenshot and record button is useful then you're a moron.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boku no Hero Academia - 51 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.05_[2018.08.27_18.59.08].jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Completely different design, now it's a lever
Except unlike the DS3 or the Xbone controller, the lever is completely exposed so if you set the controller down on a soft surface like your couch, it rests on the trigger and presses it in unintentionally

Speakers sure, but the touchpad is great. It's literally just more input options for if a dev wants them.

>Share is an entirely new button
... that takes up the spot where Select is supposed to go and does nothing but gay Facebook shit no one wants.
>but the touchpad replaces Select!
The touchpad is why the fucking thing has no battery life and no game actually uses it as a touchpad, the thing is a mistake no matter which way you slice it.

I like it, it's my go-to PC controller.

Why wouldn't you use steam configs? They are on by default, aren't they?

The touchpad literally replaces Select in both function AND position. The Share button has absolutely nothing to do with it unless your only definition of the Select button is "the button in the opposite position of the Start button".

> gay Facebook shit no one wants.
You literally never have to connect it to any social media and can use it entirely internally for your own screenshots/recordings. And maybe you don't care to screenshot/record, but plenty of others do.

I'm not defending the touchpad here, I think it has issues. I'm just saying the arguments against the Share button have always been god awful.

no they aren't. i don't like them because for a few games it causes double inputs and often times they're entirely different buttons according to what the game thinks you're hitting.

my analog sticks are fucking up after only 7 months. probably have to send it back under warranty just to have another pair fuck up

Less comfortable than all competitors, poor stick quality, same shit d-pad sony has always used, big ugly, power sucking LED for no purpose, tiny shit start (lol, options) button looks and feels like shit to use, big hideous trackpad/button combo is genuinely awful and unwanted.

This thing with the Switch's face buttons and shoulder buttons (but keep the triggers for l2/r2) is perfect. Alternatively, get a Switch pro controller and use tape trick on the inside to fix the oversensitive d-pad and you are golden.

>Underutilized touchpad
This is a meme

Works on mac without any third party programs

>>>>>>>>>>mac

my hands start hurting after playing for an hour with it. either it's too small or my hands are too big, i don't know.

Are there any good drivers for Windows that don't rely on chinkshit?

>Be a mash faggot
>Accidentally hit the share botton
>Lose the match

Fuck that controller and it's piss poor button placement.

No, but you can always try this little home remedy:

>pick up DS3
>borrow or buy Xbone controller
>hook up Xbone controller to PC
>throw DS3 in the garbage
Works like a charm.

That's the best controller one can dream not being elite, you dumb shit eater.

To name a few faults
Symmetrical and close analogs
Faulty analogs that drift in a few months of purchase
Weak and creaky casing
Flimsy triggers
Poor battery life
Obnoxious and gimmicky light
Share button so close to the pad

Weird, I've never had this issue and I've been using the DS4 for 3 or 4 years. Are you using steam cofigs and DS4windows at the same time? That's the only reason I could think of for the double inputs. I usually just use DS4Windows for non-steam games or emulators.

because i have baby hands and reaching for the left controller stick is hard on me

The issue with the share button is that accidentally hitting it for whatever reason makes the system stop taking your inputs for the game and opens a system menu. That's why nobody complains about the one on the Switch. Hit that one, and it makes a noise indicating you took a picture, but doesn't interrupt anything. Share button is shit.

What's the perfect controller for PC? I tried Steam Controller, PS4 and Wii U pro controller but there has to be something better then the Wii U pro at the very least.

Either the XBone or Switch Pro controller. Both are excellent.

fags love themself their drifting xbox and switch controllers

Did they fix the D-pad on the Switch pro?

How fat are you that you accidentally hit the share button

Neither of those drift, ever. DS4 does, though, and the joycons. Retard

Left stick should never be below the d-pad

Only some have the issue, and if they do you can just open them up and fix them very easily with some tape. Not sure if they worked on it with newer versions.

>Annoying bright light that can't be turned off
>Shit battery life
honestly my theory is that this is literally cause and effect, both are flaws tho, at least you can turn it off on PC as well as use gyro on PC
the touchpad on the other hand is pretty much useless, there's a left and right button which bloodborne used well but when you think of it that way they're literally just two extra buttons. gr2 used swiping up and down, but once again it would have just been better as a button or something
the touchpad is it's biggest flaw, and it's speaker and light are bad design choices too
it's really funny that this controller is better on PC youtu.be/binPB4YbWmM?t=534

Really? I can use my controller on PC perfectly when I plug it in.

The Xbone doesn't have a share button.
But yes, it is too small overall, and it's sticks are in the wrong placement, dpad sucks fucking shit.

I actually just got a PS4 so now I've got an example of each current gen controller. Switch Pro absolutely blows xbone and PS4 out of the water both in comfort and quality.

Dualshock 4 has this plastic edge along the side that hopefully wears down over time but until it does it feels like shit. Both it and the xbone controllers have this cheapness to them and have a hollow feeling to the plastic. Switch Pro's sturdiness, shape, and the feeling of the buttons are top end shit in comparison.
The touch pad on the DS4 is kinda neat though.

The controller is solid aside from its shitty ass shoulders

The gyro on the ds4 manages to be fucking dogshit somehow. When I tried it on Wii U it was great but on the ds4 it jumps all over the place

>have a hollow feeling to the plastic
Funny enough, I only use my xbone controller wired to my PC, but I have AA batteries in it anyway for more weight.

That's is the perfect controller though, besides the shitty lb and rb
you're a fucking sad kid, y'know that

battery life

I've watched that video before. Prior to it, I never used gyro because the game that introduced it to me (Gravity Rush on PS4) never really explained how it was supposed to work, so I ended up turning it off in every game I played that used it. Now that I've had a taste of gyro, I can't go back to not using it.
What games? I only know literally two games with gyro on PS4 (GR1 & 2).

That happens on ds3 too. I distinctly remember it because I accidentally aggro'd solitaire in DaS at a bonfire that way

Do you ever not have Steam running?

The battery life is fucking garbage.
Other than that, it's really good.
Can't enjoy this controller because asymmetrical sticks pisses me off. I mostly play games where you move around a lot and have to move the camera and your character so having my thumbs in those positions constantly is fucking awful.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: knife kiss.png (1301x1600, 1.22M)

Killzone had it. You can also compare it to how easy it is to type with the gyro

Too small for adult hands
Left thumbstick placement isn't optimal (should be where the dpad is since that's the natural positon for thumbs)
Low battery life

>Too small for adult hands
Protip: stop deathgripping your controllers and let them hang out in your loose fingers. You're not supposed to have your palms slammed up on the sides of the controller. Relax.

I can't stand typing with gyro, it's just so damn slow. I just connect my phone to my PS4 and use that if I need to type.

>should be where the dpad is since that's the natural position for thumbs

Attached: 1357136304049.png (940x480, 606K)

That video is a tragedy. IR aiming was godlike, and spltoon's aiming is fucking godlike. I can't imagine wanting to stick with dual analgoue aiming any more. Like ever.

Dumb pic. Literally retarded

>Protip: stop deathgripping your controllers and let them hang out in your loose fingers
Is that why you see skin stretching and wrist tendons popping in the DS pic, and a completely relaxed hand for the Xbox grip?

Big hands can hold small things. We text on tiny phones every day. What you mean is you're fat, have fat hands, and have poor circulation. You need to lose weight, not get a bigger controller.

I use it for emulators and non steam games too and it works fine. Never knew you needed third party software to make it work.

My only gripe is the light bar
The Steam controller is quite good, I just wish it had a headphone jack

First of all bait images like
Are stupid. The person in the top is holding the controller upwards, instead of flat where it can rest in the fingers below the controller. Since they're holding it up, the hand has to work more to keep it from slipping down. You don't hold a controller with it's face towards your chest unless you have some kind of autism.
Xbox controllers have too much unnecessary space, meaning you have to wrap your fingers more firmly around it, not to mention the battery in the back makes resting the controller in your fingers awkward as fuck.

The xbox controller is better if you're some kind of gorilla who gets really intense into games and needs to squeeze something a lot.

that video is great, he made a sort of sequel to it as well
his RE2 videos, MM video and emulation video are also good
yeah, but console players who play shooters will literally argue keyboard and mouse is an unfair advantage so it shouldn't be supported and vocally despise motion controls

You do know where the share button is, right?

Try the Steam one

The patrician’s choice

Attached: 3385129B-CECC-4588-9392-1A4DE4C3BE1C.jpg (300x254, 14K)

Aside from the bumpers, it's a damn good controller. Smooth and has a reliable d-pad. The PS4's d-pad is utter shit in comparison and the big ass LED light is just there to waste your battery.

They need to hurry up and make a bluetooth pc version of this controller

You need to apply a lot of pressure to make the share button work. It's designed to not be an accidental press. I have never accidentally poked it.

>You need to apply a lot of pressure to make the share button work
No you don't, it takes the same amount of pressure as any other button on it which is a problem if you use the left side of the touchpad or even if you're pressing up right on the dpad.

Don't know what to say man, the two ps4 controllers I have need you to push directly downwards a fair bit into the share button to make them work. Every other button takes far less effort. When I press it on purpose, sometimes I don't even press hard enough for it to work.
>even if you're pressing up right on the dpad.
Okay now you're bullshitting me. They're not even close.

>Quick menu
>Sound/Devices
>Brightness of DS4 Light Bar
>Dim

I agree and I am now completely unwilling to play a console shooter that doesn't support it. Before I would play through a console exclusive even if it was not ideal, but now that I know there is a better option and developers just didn't use it, I would rather just pass.

I want to turn it off though, I find it too bright even on the dimmest setting

Dim isn't even dim by a normal person's standards.

So after reading another one of these threads, I decided to finally get myself an xbox controller despite having a ds4 from my ps4. I don't like it, user :\ Ergonomics-wise, it's pretty much the same for me, but the bumpers are worse and the d-pad is in such an uncomfortable position that I cannot even imagine playing anything using a d-pad with it. I'm actually considering returning it to the store, but before that I might give it another day to try to get used to it.

This motherfucker made a Neil Breen movie review, what a legend

It's my favorite controller.

>Fatal Bullet on PS4 doesn't use gyro aim
>Switch version does
I fucking hate this.

I mainly hate how short the battery life is and I don't like the d-pad much. It's my main controller though.

It looks gay, they took off all it's edge and nerfed the d-pad, now fightan is unplayable on it.

Nintendo somehow managed to ship a console without a dpad included, and a fundamentally flawed one in their pro controller so the DS4 gets a pass as the only usable dpad this gen.

How the fuck am I supposed to use the dpad while keeping my thumb on the left stick on this abomination? I had to cough up 40 bucks and buy a PS4 controller just for DMC5.

Oh no no no
Poor Microsoft baby

There are options to change how the share button's shortcuts work.
You can swap the record/screenshot/menu functions between single press/double-press/hold down.

Thanks for your comment, I was just about to say yeah its great other than the LB + RB. I swear if you hit them anywhere but the sweet spot they have a huge chance of failing to press. I saw the insides of the controller and its because they aren't even buttons, they're just fucking wedges

it lights up in different colours when white is clearly superior to all of them

I cannot get my DS4 to work with ePSXE even with DS4windows

I think some of the colors are neat. Can't remember what game, but I was playing a JRPG, and it would change from blue to red whenever I got into battle. Useless, but neat.

I've never understood people who have a preference for symmetrical/asymmetrical sticks. How fucking tiny are your hands that the placement of the analog sticks on the Xbone vs PS4 controller makes any kind of noticeable difference?

same

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One controller because I own both consoles. The DS4 is better for games where you are not moving forward as much, but in any game where you are physically moving your character forward (any FPS, any rpg, etc...) the xbox one controller is vastly superior because of the stick layout. I will be buying the new xbox one elite controller V2 when it comes out later this year because the xbox controller is also my go-to for PC use whenever I want to.

see

This, I have a PS3 and PS4 and while I didn't mind the DS3 when the PS3 was current, now everytime I go play something on it I want to kill myself.
Doesn't help a bit that it's impossible to reliably find official controllers and chinkshit clones masquerading as the real deal are plentiful now.

xbox one controller is much better optimized for PC use than the DS4

I hate these normalfag threads. Does anyone else miss the days when Yea Forumsirgins made autistic as fuck threads but at least they were Yea Forumsirgins making them?

>playing any FPS with a controller
Jesus christ

Even though I am a DMC fag myself, it's pretty much the only game where you need to claw with the left hand.

It's the only "need to" one I can think of, but the ability to is useful in lots of games, like scrolling through items in Dark Souls while moving around

You can do it just fine with the xbox controller though. I got myself one a few days ago, and I scroll through items with my right thumb.
Anyway, I don't think I like it desu and I'm thinking about returning it to the store and sticking to my ds4.

muh touchpad and muh lightbar

The led has barely any effect on battery life, it's the touchpad that saps the shit out of the battery.

The 8BitDo SNES controllers with the analog sticks are based as fuck. Make sure you get the newer model cause the old ones seem to have pozzed D-Pads.

Don't they have a remastered Duke or something?

I use that one too. It's great for SNES emulation and it's a godsend for Mario Maker 2

Yep, I play Destiny 2 on PC with a controller. I don't like FPS games on K&M because I grew up playing them on my consoles when I was younger.

On pc you can set it to show battery life through color, and do various blinking/flashing/pulsing.
Really useful to know when I need to plug in.

based

amerifats can't hold it properly with their overly thick hands

>2019
>still uses AA batteries
what were they thinking

>It's a good controller, I swear!
>it's just the two most important buttons that are bad! Honest!

The single worst thing about this piece of shit is the joystick location

The D-pad is literally the only good thing about the Xbone controller.

openemu is pretty based.

Not bluetooth

They can, all it takes is to not squeeze the controller. I have big stupid fumbling monkey hands and it feels great if I just relax and let it rest in my fingers.

Too heavy, buttons get sticky too easily, analog stick rubber wears away after a few years. It's an ok controller, but I love the DS3 because it doesn't have any of those issues.

My issue is at least on PC is the share and option buttons are trash as select and start substitutes so I rebind those buttons to the bottom left and right touchpad clicks but that still feels mediocre as fuck and doesn't register once in a while.

I still prefer the 360 controller.
Xbone has some positive changes like 3.5mm jack for headphones, but overall feels much more streamlined and simplified when compared to 360 controller that felt less cheap.
DualShock looks pretty but I don’t get this Japanese autism over symmetry and lack of innovation aside from LED and touchpad gimmicks.
Someone at Sony said
>ok this thing is Perfect no changes needed
Like wtf

Do you prefer the Xbox controller for destiny?