Is Witcher 2 worth playing if I played 3 first...

Is Witcher 2 worth playing if I played 3 first? Would it be too much of a downgrade graphically and otherwise to be enjoyable?

Attached: 220px-Witcher_2_cover.jpg (220x307, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZyNoHwC1kc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is Witcher 2 worth playing if I played 3 first?
Yes.
>Would it be too much of a downgrade graphically and otherwise to be enjoyable?
If you're not a faggot, then no.

No it's not worth playing...
ignore him

1 = 3 > 2

still worth it

Imagine starting a story heavy trilogy with the last game

Witcher 2 is pretty much irrelevant to witcher 3 and it's not worth playing in 2019.

1's gameplay is a big turnoff

Not true. As much as I love the first one, the actual story of the 3rd game starts in the 2nd chapter of Assassins of Kings. There's absolutely nothing of importance from the first game apart from a few references.

Also, no witcher 1 doesn't equals witcher 3.

The stories of the three games are connected by only a very thin strand. The first game has by far the most enjoyable story, then the expansions of the third game, the second game and finally the main plot of the third game which really sucked ass.

if you play on easy it is. It shines on the impossible difficulties. Where you had to plan every single battle even with a couple of drowners.

nobody played or even heard of the witcher series before 3

Story of tw1 and tw2 are more connected. Story in witcher 3 is completely irrelevant to previous games.

this

2 is easily the best but it requires multiple playthroughs, not just to see two sides of the story but also to understand the story.
In fact you should play 1 first, then 2.

Tw2 story is only enjoyable is you read the books.

ignore this faggot

Attached: p9h7V6F.gif (785x439, 348K)

All three games are great and worth playing. Each contain incredibly nuanced approaches to RPGs relative to the generation they came out in.

Attached: thewitcher.png (600x600, 323K)

No. In fact, I needed to play Witcher 3 first before I was able to play Witcher 2 and fully appreciate it. Both great games.

except it's not worth playing...

I thought 1 and 3 were more connected but 3's story was shit because of the bad source material. The Witcher books are not very good.

witcher 3 is so good. I cant even

No.
TW2 is piece of shit. It is however the "prettiest" game of the trilogy, way nicer looking than 3.

TW1:EE is the only GOOD game in the whole trilogy.

Yes, yes buy more of CDPR™ games, they need more money!!!

Attached: 1371146564117.png (784x772, 69K)

ah, you're correct.

1 > 3 > > > 2.

this , 2 and 1 are shit.

extremely low iq post, please ignore op
Only tw3 open world game is good and worth playing. Previous games are too linear and shit.

I don't even know if it's bait or summerfags at this point with this terrible taste.
Witcher 1 is great, probably the best of the 3.

Attached: 660218ae36772de4fbf00fa22babd53a2.jpg (1600x1200, 363K)

>TW1:EE is the only GOOD game in the whole trilogy.
lol no

2-3 are complete trash compared to TW1.

3 is boring ass, generic open world trash for Snoy kids. 1 is the only proper CRPG, with fucktons of ROLE playing features.

They're all worth playing if you played TW3 for the right reasons.
TW2 is the best one of the three anyways, real sense of progression, tactical combat, prep time and adequate grinding. Each act basically is like a self-contained MMO zone where you slowly have to upgrade yourself to become more powerful before facing the final encounters.
But it suffers from requiring to know what encounters you're going to face beforehand to adequately prep, since you can't chug potions or apply sword oils on the fly, hence why it improves on each subsequent playthrough.
The first Letho fight is a killer on lower difficulties let alone Dark. It's MUCH easier once you know when it's coming and to prep adequately for it.

Witcher 3 is dreadful, it's the mass effect 3 of the series it's like the writers suffered brain damage and shat on everything the first two games setup.

Witcher 2 just in chapter one has more intricate/interesting plotting and dialogue than Witcher 3 has in it's entirety, the dialogue is unbelievably stunted and it mostly boils down to referencing stuff in the books.

Witcher 1 is absolute garbage, just look at those shit models.

Attached: latest[1].png (312x768, 371K)

Correct, and you should buy them from GOG so all the money goes to CDPR. Support the devs, not the cucks at Valve!

Attached: large.jpg (720x719, 47K)

Attached: 1557534043502.png (1165x673, 790K)

Oh look it's Leuuvenhoek or however you spell his name.

If you enjoyed the 3rd's characters then the 2nd is woth playing

>Would it be too much of a downgrade graphically
neck yourself graphicsfag.

1 is irrelevant.
2 is only slightly relevant.

2 has its charms and such. It's a lot more linear in terms of what ends up happening in each 'route' you pick between Vernon and Iorveth but their paths are pretty divergent with the 2nd Chapter actually being almost entirely different depending on your pick and the 3rd having exclusive quests depending on who you went with. Gameplay's pretty janky, but I wouldn't say intolerably so.
Vernon>>>>>>Iorveth

gog fucks are absolute fucking cancer

Attached: 1413752081090.jpg (946x472, 78K)

Obviously not true since the success of the witcher 2 is what allowed them to make 3.

>it's like the writers suffered brain damage

The people credited as main writers of Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 aren't the writers of Witcher 3. That's why it's on the level of a weak Assassins Creed game.

sauce?

Imagine being a graphics fag in 2019.
One that bashes amazing atmosphere to boot.

Attached: 1558746779762.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

>cherry picking
nigga that model is good enough for a slav action RPG with no budget from 2007

1) Last weekend
2) Not an argument, kid.

>1 is irrelevant.
how to spot console secondaries, who don't read books 101.

>it's like the writers suffered brain damage
It was written by fanfic writers and wikifags.

It was always the music from 1 that sealed the atmosphere for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZyNoHwC1kc

>le virgin steam cuck who autistically only uses Steam because change scares him
>vs chad king philosopher who can use both GOG and Steam based on convenience

Attached: 1470442318813.jpg (240x260, 18K)

Witcher 2 is shit, you can skip it
witcher 1 is alright as wrpgs go, it's tedious though. If you are looking for witcher 3 experience try assasin's creed odyssey or horizon zero dawn.

This thread is a prime example of why I hate you faggots. Instead of saying the truth that all three games are good and better than 85% of other RPGs you go on group identity tirades about how game x is a masterpiece and game y is shit. It genuinely sounds like none of you have even played the fucking games you're talking about, are shitposting, or have just adopted an epic Patrician™ viewpoint for Yea Forums-cred.

Fuck all of you.

Attached: geraltangry.png (184x184, 78K)

I love 1 and it's still the best imo. But the story from game to game literally doesn't matter, it's like they all take place in separate timelines.

Audio design is THE most underrated and overlooked aspect of game development. It can break or make the game.

The models are fine. They are better than NWN2's or Mass Effect's models.

I just beat W2 a couple weeks ago. Can't say I enjoyed it. Combat is terrible and most deaths feel extremely cheap. Forced myself to finish it and was relieved when it was a finally over. You're better off watching/reading a recap.

Look at this special snowflake. Witcher games except for tw3 are genuinely shit, that's your answer.

Attached: 1273257309025.jpg (400x501, 147K)

That's how I felt playing through TW2 the first time.
You have at least 3 more playthroughs to appreciate it.

ignore what most people will tell you, 1 is extreme polish eurojank and 2 is only barely tolerable. 3 is when they managed to finally take their polish autism in the right direction.
the only thing i miss from 2 is planning ahead of time what concoctions to down before a big fight, the fact there isnt even an animation for them in 3 blows. other than that, the third is better in every way gameplay wise.
look at stalker for an example of quality eurojank from the late 2000s.

I thought it only had 3 difficulties. The normal one was still pretty easy since you only need to plan for the hellhound and for that one boss that knocks you on your ass all the time

>play shit game 3 times to desensitize yourself to the trash gameplay
I am not autistic enough, sorry...

you're right, it's better

1 > 3 > 2

>witcher 1
>better
>collect 10 wolf asses quests
>trash VO
>trash graphics
>shit animations
>shit combat
Nostalgia googled boomer brainlet.

Absolutely. Sometimes even tracks that don't sound amazing on their own can help to contribute to the overall tone/atmosphere of a game in great ways. I feel that way about a lot of SMT: Strange Journey's OST, for example.

The gameplay is actually good, but it takes being familiar with the mechanics to appreciate.
The Witcher 2 has the best gameplay out of the box than TW1 and TW3, no one disputes that.

>complaining about the optional side quests instead of the courier simulator that is chapter 2/3

Attached: 1416246504675.jpg (1680x1050, 726K)

>no one disputes that

Attached: 1314296268789.jpg (250x250, 10K)

>collect 10 wolf asses quests
are we going to pretend 3 didn't have these

>shit combat
better than 3 since nothing is as overpowered as quen or aard in 3 and you are required to study up on enemies for weaknesses

the others don't matter

but 2 has worse gameplay

>being this delusional
>Look there are even worse shit in this game
haha

W1 has the best story
W2 the best gameplay
W3 the best dlcs (the rest is dogshit)

Witcher 2 is the only one where the combat exists for something other than Geralt to look cool spinning around like a gay fairy boy

Look, claiming that no one disputes that witcher 2 gameplay is better than tw1 or tw3 is ludicrous.
There is plenty of people that consider it the worse gameplay in the series.

Yes, all Witcher games are good in some sense. W2 for example has the strongest choices and consequences in the whole series and probably one of the best rpgs ever in that regard.

Plot without the usual "go save the world" is also nice.

It's less bad than the other 2.

I agree with this user

That 1 fight when you get ambushed inside a house in Vizima is total RNG in EE. Unless they fixed it in later updates, I played it like 5 years ago. There just isn't enough room or time for any strategy, you just run around and hope they get stuck on something or get unfavorable rolls.

No. Movement and combat feels more wonky.

>you just run around and hope they get stuck on something or get unfavorable rolls.
or use the right potion combinations and combat stances

how can you say this when Geralt has to do an entire 360 before every swing and bounces around like its bamham in 3? The Dark Souls of Witcher controlled more reasonably

Unmod those fucking coulds, it's painful.

Attached: witcher 2010-10-24 14-33-52-07.jpg (1920x1200, 1.04M)

No. You're thinking of vanilla.

>Good OLD Games
>sells modern shit

Attached: 1382566259902.jpg (240x250, 6K)

It has the most floaty, non-impactful combat of any RPG I've ever played. And the difficulty between certain enemies is bizzare. For example, basic drowners can kill you in a couple hits, but harpys are complete pushovers. Makes no sense to me. Even TW1's silly QTE combat was more enjoyable imo.

The ultimate redpill for loving w3 and wanting more is as follows:
1.Read the short story's
2. if you enjoyed the short storys, Read the novels.
3. If you read all the novels watch a synopsis on youtube of witcher 1 (It's not a bad game but its just too dated and the story contributes nothing to the series as a whole except for the last chapter)
3. Play witcher 2 with mods to the combat system as the gameplay is very dated
4. Play witcher 3 and enjoy it as the near perfect game it is but have it sort of dampened because you realize cdpr changed a lot of things that couldve made a perfect end to the series simply because the game had to be an rpg and appeal to a much broader spectrum of people instead of just the die hards who want a perfect conclusion to the books.
5. Despite these thigns dont care and enjoy 3 10x more than before because of all the added backstory.

Shut the fuck up zoomer.

>as the gameplay is very dated
nigger its not like action games have evolved at all in the last 10 years

Attached: 1378859051151.png (334x393, 134K)

i tried playing the second one, it was fun until I didn't know what to do next and I quit. never touched the 3rd. the first one is good too

>had to be an rpg and appeal to a much broader spectrum
Really? They had to ruin the main characters and make the game as generic as possible because it’s an rpg?
>perfect conclusion to the books.
The books has the perfect conclusion

by that logic they only got a 2nd one because of the world wide success of the Witcher 1, is that it? I played W1 and W2 before 3 but I can attest that they were pretty underground games.

>incredibly nuanced approaches to RPGs
you're def. not talking about TW2

the first witcher was underground because it's an pc exclusive but still it was well regarded among pc rpg players. witcher went mainstream with witcher 2 because it was released on consoles as well.

Others are right that in terms of mechanics earlier games will feel janky or awkward , but the games are still really worth it.

I highly suggest both TW1 and 2 be played with mods that massively upgrade a first time play, much like a Fallout or Elder scrolls game. Lots of lists out there.

it has nothing to do with the progress of action games. Some old action games are ok to play even now, but witcher2 just has so much annoying shit and uninteresting. Every retard with a sword parries Geralt and staggers him with that. In high diffuculties you get 2 shotted and in lower ones you can not die at all. you have to bomber-man rather than wither.
the gameplay is pure trash in a objective manner

The truce is, witcher 2 is the only good game in this trilogy. Faggots on this board are just too stuck up to see it.

Also the best way to experience this series would be to play witcher 2 first, then read all of the books and finally play witcher 3(if you want to be disappointed that is) That's a fact right here.

The game was surprisingly easy on the highest difficulty, no prep required.

>you get 2 shotted and in lower ones you can not die at all. you have to bomber-man rather than wither.
>the gameplay is pure trash in a objective manner

looks like someone is bad at videogames

Attached: 234.png (497x199, 82K)

Simple answer, yes

I just started The Witcher trilogy yesterday because of the Steam sale.

Should I play TW1 in isometric or third person?

every day Im pimping

Attached: file.png (1311x1260, 3.04M)

Third person so you can see him spin better
also install a sprint mod

Attached: witcher series galaxy brain.jpg (515x767, 112K)

This is also acceptable. But read up on Witcher 1 properly if you're going to skip it.

>read the books
>realize cd project got the characters wrong

You played the worst in the series, only gets better from here. Play 1 first, though.

It's only really the Letho fight, the fight in the beginning of act 2 under philippa's shield, the fight where you play as Seltkirk, the Draugr fight, and the operator fights that are really difficult. Maybe the dragon and the two witchers fight in Henselt's camp.

It's 'easy' to get through on Dark difficulty, but if you were going for Insane it's hard not to die at some point. Even the gargoyle's in act 3 can kill you very quickly if you stumble on them too early.

What are good mods for witcher 2? I played it twice and didnt think it felt dated at all. What do they change