Are Assist Trophies a slap in the face?

> Fully model a character, some of which have movesets
> Give them dodge animation
> Give them voices
> Give them hurt animations
> You can defeat them if you hurt them enough

youtube.com/watch?v=uqmrdxDDsTA

Like seriously, what's the meaning to do all this if we can't play as them? It's like Sakurai is saying " You want to play as them? well fuck you! i'm gonna make them more advanced just to spite you!"

What a fucking hack, no wonder many harrased him after this.

Attached: 1542687616655.png (230x230, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyElDWwpDRA
youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA
ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop pretending you're a victim and wait for the next game
You're not making yourself look better, you're making yourself look like an autist who can't cope over a video game

Attached: 1540169331347.png (528x501, 293K)

Attached: 29e.jpg (640x803, 45K)

> Otisfag thinks he's better than anyone
Fuck off, you already lost

Just realized I posted the wrong video

youtube.com/watch?v=nyElDWwpDRA

There, proof that Sakurai is a hack

>you already lost
???
Even if I did, I wouldn't act like a victim or self pity myself over it

Attached: 400.jpg (585x298, 157K)

Assist trophies are great for characters who don't deserve a full slot. I love Bomberman, but how the fuck would he actually play?

REIMUUUUUUUU

Oh, that
Watch up to 1:10
youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA
And she's still not in the game remember

>randomly the worst to deal with are fire emblem fucking characters wohoo

Attached: vs tobi.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Point of advice: stop wanting shitty minor side characters and protagonists of dead tertiary franchises that will never popular to begin with. Because that's what assist trophies mainly comprise of.

Then you're more likely to have a better time.

>that will never popular to begin with.

meant *were never popular

That's literally what people were saying about banjo you motherfucking autist

Except Banjo was always bigger than shit like Golden Sun or Sin & Punishment or Advance Wars

If the alternative is not having them, then no, they are not. They are literally pokeballs for nintendo characters, and everyone loves items like these if they play with items at all.
Just because they put in some effort doesn't mean they have to put in 10x of the same effort to make it playable.

i thought smash was about having fun, not how they played

>how would pac man play

If anything it made me more optimistic about his future chances.
Besides I'd rather have recognizable characters than regular enemies, literal whos from Japan or however the fuck you would classify the Mario Paint fly swatter as

Attached: ccd.png (557x605, 282K)

Bomberman as an assist trophy gets to use huge bombs that cover most of the map in a way that feels authentic to the character and his gameplay. Playable Bomberman would have to use incredibly anemic versions of the same thing in order to be balanced. Some characters just work better as assist trophies.

Fuck off shill, Bomberman deserved it more than autism bear

> One of the games that revolutionized multiplayer in gaming, as it allowed up to 4-8 players before it became a staple, hell some games could even have 10 players
> Hi-ten Bomberman was the first HD game ever made
> First third-party character to crossover with a Nintendo property
Banjo did shit for gaming compared to him

By that logic, Pac-Man would have worked better where he just waka-waka around the stages in his signature left, right, up, down pattern and chomps the enemies.

SSF2 did that

I think at this point even Bombermanfags are fed up with your frequent obsession-tantrum.

Wars has 12 games compared to Banjo's shitty 5 games, that's not even half the games dumbfuck.

> No argument

The only thing bad about ATs is that they are a guaranteed deconfirmation until next game. If characters who are ATs in a game could be potential DLC candidates people would like the concept of ATs much more, it ups a character’s chances as DLC since some elements necessary for characters already exist, and even if they aren’t DLC people can still appreciate the fact that their most wanted is at least an AT. That’s how I see it at least. People taking ATs as a middle finger have autismo though

>Sin & Punishment
Are there people who actually care about Saki/Isa/Kachi not being in the game? Both games are fucking fantastic but the main characters are hardly unique or memorable.

Many are upset that they cut Saki's assist trophy for no apparent reason

For Bomberman, Waluigi, Alucard, Shadow and Shovel Knight? YES, YES, YES, YES AND GUESS WHAT, YES 100% ITS AN INJUSTICE AND IT FEELS LIKE THEY ARE GETTING KEKED
The others? Meh, they can stay assists.

They wouldn't have been playable regardless; assist trophies aren't some kind of quota to fill from potential playable characters. Don't worry too much about it.
Then again, my character already got in.

Attached: 1552356055468.png (370x370, 16K)

> A character that was so shit he wasn't in Brawl because he wasn't "suited for battle"
Ok retard

Rent free

I'm sorry, did you say something? I don't play with items on.

Attached: Snatched.jpg (219x183, 12K)

Seething zoomerretard

Assist trophies are a fucking retarded use of a support cast.
>1/2-1/8 chance to be the one to pick up the assist trophy on top of a 1/59 chance of getting the one you want, and that's only IF you're playing with items on, which none of us do
>And this is intended to work as a band-aid for people who can't pick there favorite character on the character select screen
You'll be lucky if you ever see your most wanted's assist trophy. It'd be a legitimate miracle if YOU were the one to grab it on top of that. It completely fails in it's goal of being a consolation prize for not having the character on the roster.
Between the RNG of them showing up on your side and the necessity of having items on to even get to that point, your most wanted couldn't be further from the roster if they're an assist trophy.

A support roster isn't an inherently bad, if they actually worked like an assist you could summon like in real fighting games (sort of a side mode like final smash meters) or they had a mode where you could play as them or something it would be a semi-desirable role. As it stands assist trophies are a fucking mistake that eat up Sakurai's precious time for 0 benefit to us.

Attached: 1529467239532.png (478x456, 407K)

This is the 3rd time I've seen this exact post or something.

>roster of 70+ fighters from all sorts of varied and unique series
>piss and moan because one character didn't make the playable cut but still gets to be featured among this all-star lineup of gaming franchises

Attached: comfy.png (500x500, 220K)

Thank you so much, glad more people realize how shitty these items are, both execution wise and concept wise.

Hopefully Hackurai had heard of all the backlash against AT for the last year or two and will finally either take them out or execute them better ala MVC

Don't pretend Chrom, Roy, Bayonetta, Wolf, Ivysaur, Joker, Hero, etc are "all-stars."

> Being this young
Fans have complained about assist trophies for years, Many were pissed that Isaac got cut for no reason in Smash 4

>Gen 1 Pokemon starter isn't an all-star
Legitimately delusional

>Are Assist Trophies a slap in the face?
Yes*
*Requires terminal autism

>chrom
saved the series
>Wolf
one of the most iconic vidya rivals
>Ivysaur
gen wun starter
>Hero
ZOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

>one of the main recurring villains of Star Fox, one of the three gen 1 Pokemon starter evos, and the protags of the most iconic JRPG series in history aren't all-stars

I'm so glad I'm not a rosterfag

Yeah this is how I feel about it.

Half are basically identical to pokemon but with a summoning process that’s not as fun as throwing a pokeball. The other half are crippled fighters, who just usually aren’t that fun to fight with or against.

The only plus is that a ton of the work has already been done for modders. They’re already getting started with stuff like NX, so ATs becoming full characters is just a matter of time.

They weren't going to be playable anyways. Rosterfags deserve to be put down. It's a mental illness worse than those literal brainless baby things that have a Youtube channel.

Why was Saki removed

> Wolf
> one of the most iconic vidya rivals
Come on, he isn't even top 20, even Shadow the Hedgehog is above him

t. Snoytard

>outing yourself as the Bomberman falseflagger
Nice one, retard.

Zoomers gonna zoom. In the mid 2000s, there was a whole "can't let you do that, Star Fox!" meme.

Bulbasaur is the starter Pokemon retard, Ivy is the evoultion. Bulbasaur is WAY more iconic and shits on Ivysaur big time

Normies only care about the starters and the final evolution for how cool they look and since they are on the boxart. Nobody gives a shit about the middle evolutions

>Chrom
Treated as a running joke in Smash 4. Fates outsold Awakening anyway. Lucina's way more popular.
>Wolf
From a dormant series. Even Peppy is more iconic because of the barrel roll meme.
>Ivysaur
A middle form no one gives a fuck about.
>Hero
Google 'erdrick' and you'll get, "Who is Erdrick?" posts all over the first page. Maybe a small island thinks DQ is worth a shit, but everywhere else in the world never gave a shit and didn't know who the fuck any of those 4 were aside from a few weebs.

> He's iconic because a meme
Guess Waluigi is iconic then right?
Fucking retard

More care about ivysaur than your dirt swordsman lol

Yes, me. Smash used to actually promote niche series before it became a shill/fotm game. Saki had potential to be promoted like all the other lame-o's but instead completely vanished for no reason.

You're the one seething. I don't even have anything to seethe about. I wanted characters who could actually get in, and they all did.

Eternal Darknessfag here. Come join me in my suffering.

Actually delusional

That's some good taste. How come Eternal Darkness couldn't make it in as the Horror rep? Fatal Frame is pretty good, and they make good use of it, but think of an assist trophy where you have a "sanity effect". Would be great.

You're not proving me wrong. It's a fact Chrom wasn't taken seriously, it's a fact Star Fox is dead, it's a fact no one cares about middle forms and it's definitely a fact the west doesn't care about DQ.

Sakurai stated he wanted to add another Konami character besides Snake, Bomberman's main competition was Castlevania and Castlevania is an infinitely better choice than Bomberman, you should be happy he is represented at all.

>Treated as a running joke in Smash 4. Fates outsold Awakening anyway. Lucina's way more popular.
None of that has anything to do with what I posted. Also, fates is the ONLY game to outsell awakening
>From a dormant series.
It hasn't been dormant nearly as long as GS
>A middle form no one gives a fuck about.
see >Google 'erdrick' and you'll get, "Who is Erdrick?" posts all over the first page.
There's only one, retard

Mii comtumes aren't items

lack of demand, I guess. I'm surprised a Fatal Frame AT even made it. Resident Evil is the best bet as the first horror rep.

>None of that has anything to do with what I posted. Also, fates is the ONLY game to outsell awakening
And the reaction to Chrom was a unanimous "meh."
>It hasn't been dormant nearly as long as GS
I never said anything about Golden Sun.
>see
Again, never said anything about Golden Sun.
>There's only one, retard
Maybe you should've been here when it was leaked. Everyone here was asking, "who is Erdrick?"

>Everyone here was asking, "who is Erdrick?"
Presumably because """The Hero"""" was the frontliner rep and Errrrdrick was reduced to a skin with a cameo appearance in the trailer

Shit excuse, Sega has 3 unique characters

>And the reaction to Chrom was a unanimous "meh."
Not even close. Only seething faggots didn't like him
>I never said anything about Golden Sun.
And? That doesn't mean I'm wrong, or that I'm right
>Maybe you should've been here when it was leaked. Everyone here was asking, "who is Erdrick?"
That is retardedly false

Bomberman has more history with Nintendo than Casltevania, Hudson Soft Has the distinction of being Nintendo's very first third-party developer, signing on to make games for the Famicom in 1984 and they worked close with Nintendo with the Mario Party series

Also that crossover thing that user mentioned

Sega didn't go all in on Pachinko machines

Why the fuck do you people still give OP your (You)s? The actual Bomberfags have been sitting in the sidelines since Ultimate was shown at E3. Nobody can be that obvious.

Attached: bomberstare.png (222x228, 35K)

And absolutely none of that mattered to Sakurai. You were explicitly told to fuck off and take your Pokemon. I suggest you do so.

>Fire Emblem
>Pokemon
>Persona
>DQ
>not all-stars
you're right about Bayo though

three characters representing three different companies
>Sonic Team/main division of Sega
>Platinum
>Atlus

Funnily enough, Sega's primary income come from pachinko/pachislot machines.

It’s beyond insulting. If you’re open to AT’s, you are a FAKE. FUCKKNNG. FAN.

Wrong (You) Dumbass

Zoomerfaggot, take a hike and jump off a bridge

sorry

>ATs in Brawl
aw neat, it's nice seeing my favorite character get in the game in some fashion. Thank you Sakurai for the fan service

>ATs in Sm4sh/Ultimate
WTF SAKURAI HOW COULD YOU DO THIS ME I WANTED THEM PLAYABLE YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS YOU PIECE OF SHIT

> Fully model a character, some of which have movesets
> Give them hurt animations

>three attacks at most
>only have one animation each for walking, jumping, and getting hit, when the average fighter has multiple of each
>braindead AI that consists of "move toward opponent and attack"
>missing the literally hundreds of animations required for a full fighter, including multiple for using different items
>assists like Waluigi doesn't even have fully modeled hands

>retards still think these are "pretty much done" when they're barely 1% of a full fighter

Attached: waluigi.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

Isn't he playable in Dream Mix TV World Fighters? Just grab that moveset and add a few more attacks.

Attached: dreammix.jpg (891x625, 116K)

Thankfully Sakurai is directing the game and not you, Hudson Soft working on Mario Party literally means nothing for Bomberman. Also people actually give a shit about Castlevania games.

Spoken like a true zoomer, fuck off

> Hudson Soft working on Mario Party literally means nothing for Bomberman.
Expect it does you absolute retard

Attached: Dsoxqf_U0AAxHrE.png (500x427, 288K)

The last season of SJ was the most disappointed I've ever been in a tv show.

Wrong copypasta

The reason they have iconic Nintendo stages, pokemon, items, bosses, songs, whatever is just some fanservice, for the fans. The same with any other game that has legacy that references old characters, or anything else in its series. The original concept of the game was just to be a celebration of Nintendo characters. The series is based on fanservice. The fans took it overboard since Brawl and now have to speculate about every aspect and everything that could possibly be an aspect, nonstop. If you would just relax and look at the good amount of content that we have, it might not be such an issue to you.

>Expect it does you absolute retard
Really? Where is Bomberman on the Smash CSS? I see Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, but no Bomberman, that's weird. Hmmm, let's turn on items, maybe ATs. Hey I picked one up, there's Bomberman! Wow Hudson Soft developing those Mario Party games got him the coveted spot of an Assist Trophy, amazing!
Keep using your epic Yea Forums buzzwords, that doesn't change the fact that Castlevania is a much more loved franchise than Bomberman.

Castlevania did shit for gaming compared to Bomberman

> One of the games that revolutionized multiplayer in gaming, as it allowed up to 4-8 players before it became a staple, hell some games could even have 10 players
> Hi-ten Bomberman was the first HD game ever made
> First third-party character to crossover with a Nintendo property
What did Castlevania do? Metroidvania? Get fucked, it share it with Metroid, meaning that it only did half for the gaming industry

Do some research next time kid

>An unused sprite of Bomberman is found in the data files for this minigame.

As a genuine Bomberman, I'm gonna have to knock some sense in ta ya.
Hi-Ten Bomberman was a tech demo exclusive to a Hudson Caravan event in '93. It was never been released as a standalone game, so it's influence as the first "HD video game" is highly questionable.
Wario Blast is literally a localized version of Bomberman GB. The game was certainly beloved to the people who owned it, but it wasn't really huge either. If anything people bought it for Wario than they did for Bomberman.
The only thing I'll give you is how Bomberman is basically one of the grandfathers of local multiplayer games, so seeing him in Smash would be an ode to that sort of title. It's nor really fair how you dismiss the what influence Castlevania made on the gaming community that warranted a genre to be named after it, alongside with Metroid.
I want Bomberman to be in Smash as much as you do, but I really wouldn't resort to attacking other franchises, especially those that are more prolific and beloved than Bomberman.

Attached: Bomberchad.jpg (2729x3519, 2.53M)

>What did Castlevania do?
appeared in a crossover with Megaman and Pit as early as 1989

> Western cartoon that Nintendo had no idea about
Nice work retard, how about actually listing games that they were aware of this time around?

How come the majority of the assist trophies are better than the newcomers we got?

> Inb4 autism bear

Attached: 1544226530868.png (1350x800, 615K)

I treat them as a Youth Squad for a major sports team like Manchester United. Each game has had some trophies drop out, and a promotion to the main roster for another.

I wanted Sable to be in...

Make characters out of
>guile
>shovel knight
>Rodin
>Zero
>Gray Fox
>Bomberman
>Alucard
>Issac
And we’re set

Because they were characters people actually asked for.

I've wanted Midna, Krystal, Skull Kid, Waluigi, and Lyn for a while. Especially Krystal since she's pretty much the only possible Star Fox rep that wouldn't be a Fox clone, and Midna because she's Midna.

But I also wanted Ridley, K.Rool, Banjo, a Megaten rep, and Isabelle so I'm not complaining.

Motherfucking this.

I'm still mad that we'll never get an Advance Wars or another F-Zero rep too.

>guile
Honestly, I'd rather get Akuma and Chun-Li first. And Cammy and Sakura. And fucking Zangief. Especially Gief.

>yfw we get the first true command grappler in Smash
>yfw 360 SPDs to kill at 40%

Outside of the really weird/immobile ones, I'd be into this roster. Imagine if they gave a B-team the rights to a bunch of low-priority characters, and instead of Brawlhala/Warchimp's game and the other Smash clones, the clone games would just be lower-budget Smash games with kinda rando characters.

I did really think we were gonna get a special mode that let you play as select ATs. Just one of the goofy "for fun" type of modes. Zero, Alucard and Takamaru look like they'd be pretty fun to control.

I wish they'd at least give an item list for ATs and Pokeballs. Nobody unironically likes any of the ones that block sight.

>the next game

>LMAO bro just wait for the next game which will chop off two thirds of the roster and give the newcomer slots only to the most marketable of the marketable
that said, people with OP's mindset are retarded

i just want dillon

Attached: dillonsquil.png (500x500, 125K)

>suicide SPDs
>Green hand becomes movement tech for Gief
>becomes Mecha-Zangief when you pick up a Metal Box
>MORE versions of Gief's theme
Yes. YES.

Attached: projectilespamsyou.jpg (1725x2213, 3.9M)

Your prerogative, my dude.

>becomes Mecha-Zangief when you pick up a Metal Box
>not just including Mecha-Zangief as an alt costume
>yfw Cyber-Akuma as an alt for Akuma
>yfw SF Alpha and SFV battle dress alts for Chun
I'm still mad that they didn't give us Bearded Ryu for Ultimate.

>Otis wearing a stahlhelm
Who the fuck comes up with this stuff?

I really think bearded Ryu should've become his canon look. I hate how scared everyone is to do something new with their characters.

Bearded Ryu is such a natural progression for Ryu's look too. Ryu is a wandering martial arts hobo, and that's kinda fuckin' cool, they should just lean into it.

You know your Assisis are shit when Waluigi is the most popular and recognizable of them all

I've heard the theory that the team developing SFV actually did want to evolve the looks of Ryu, Chun, and Cammy like they did with nearly everyone else, but were forced by Capcom to keep their iconic looks. It'd make a lot of sense.

Half of these are either

>characters that don't work well as playable characters (andross, moon, mother brain)

or

>c-d tier characters of already represented series (ashley, midna, krystal, waluigi, lyn) or protagonists of c-d franchises that were never big to begin with (isaac, starfy, takamaru, prince sable)

Yeah I wonder why they're not playable

Nigga, they added three of the biggest characters that people "actually asked for"

In what fucking universe were any of these characters anywhere near as big as Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie?

Attached: triforce.png (1600x1200, 651K)

No some characters work better as at than playable. Just see dark samus

If Smash actually had MVC1 style assists then maybe they’d be good, but they’re a shitty RNG item as is.

no it wasn't. every single game in the series sold like shit except for the first one. it's also been a dead franchise for over a decade now.
time to face facts. all the old rosterfag gatekeeping arguments have been blown the fuck out by fursuit bear getting in. now the only barrier to entry is how loud rosterfags can screech for a certain character on twitter.

Attached: consider.png (600x451, 205K)

That sounds extremely believable. I wonder how likely it was that we could've at least gotten a compromise in which he kept most of the top half of his gi, but also had the beard in his default.

It's a dumb thing to complain about in anything 'anime', but I can't picture Ryu standing in front of a mirror and getting that perfect shave instead of shoryukening up a waterfall for his morning routine.

The first Banjo-Kazooie outsold the entire Golden Sun IP at 3.65 million, Tooie outsold those other IPs at 1.49 million.

Regardless back in the day, Banjo and Kazooie were treated as major Nintendo mascots, and even after they stopped getting games, it's still been celebrated with tons of merchandise and cameos. Something like Golden Sun or S&P doesn't have a single piece of merchandise.

Attached: banjoandnintendo.png (2916x884, 3.57M)

>Are Assist Trophies a slap in the face?
You may as well ask if getting silver/bronze trophies is a slap in the face.

Short answer, yes.
Long answer, somewhat.

Long answer: Assists aren't exactly a slap in the face or weren't. Back in Brawl, it was a neat way to see other characters join the spotlight and some characters like Hammer Bro, Barbara and Andross were great for it. Characters like Stafy, Isaac and Samurai Goroh were not, protagonists or major characters (Goroh was one of the original four in the first F-Zero, so fuck right off with any arguments against him). Characters like Shadow work as well too and even Little Mac was a nice nod.

The problem rose around Smash Four. Various fan favorites like Ashley, Skull Kid, Takamaru, Dillon, Midna, Ghirahim and Stafy were being revealed on the pic of the day one by one and some like Isaac and Jill were outright cut altogether. With the roster pushing recent games from the 3DS and Wii U, assist trophies were now seen as an insult and some reveals like Waluigi and Stafy didn't help with Sakurai's comments. It doesn't help that Four had an imbalance of roster distribution with Fire Emblem getting four more reps from the last game and Zelda getting none as an example. With relevancy being passed around, everyone is now worried their favorites will get regulated to a cameo. It doesn't help that Little Mac was the only promotion.

Ultimate was more or less the same, this time going full force with a notable face being introduced at the beginning and now assists being KO'd completely from foe or their summoner, making them less as characters and more of a liability if you don't KO them yourself. Some characters like Shovel Knight, Zero, Klaptrap and even Krystal were okay. But characters like Sukapon, Takamaru, Spring Man Isaac and Black Knight were a bit damning coming off that same direct.

Some were revealed low-key on the site with no fanfare (Skull Kid, Dillon who even got a new costume no less). Basically, while assists shouldn't be a slap to the face, their execution gradually became mishandled. Core fans shouldn't have to look forward to a brief cameo.

Attached: statement.png (427x63, 4K)

>Zero
>okay

>Sukapon, Takamaru, and Black Knight
>damning

Attached: 1559615510286.png (206x195, 71K)

>Nintendo characters in a predominately-Nintendo based crossover is bad, give me 3rd parties!
Another problem with assists: too many faggots now want to bloat the roster with 3rd parties, not realizing the potential problems they bring (Cloud) and are complacent with the way assists are.

Attached: sigh.png (491x615, 397K)

No one cares about you "house rules" tryhards who stifle fun by turning off features of your own volition.

Good thing Sakurai allows that option. Isn't that the content you people boast about? He has that option, why not use it? If you people had your way, you'd force items to be used out of spite. More options AKA more content is a good thing.

Ignore the Zero part then, you sure do seem to think some of those assists are a much more significant deal than they really are.

>Characters in the roster good. Characters not in the roster bad.

Can you be any more of a Sakurai fan?

Also, Banjo was never on the level of Ridley, that's just revisionism.

>Fan requests for a game centered around fanservice is a bad thing
How pissed were you when Ridley was revealed?

Not at all because Ridley actually did have substantial fan demand. Same as K. Rool. Where the fuck are you seeing that level of demand for Famicom exclusive whos?

Attached: 1544330398530.png (412x393, 326K)

>Sukapon
>Black Knight
>Takamaru
>Starfy (fuck off with your weeb shit)
>Fan Requests
Shut up retard. Smash isn't just a Nintendo elebration anymore, as sadi by Sakurai himself, so your point is nil. Maybe there isn't more uproar over assist trophies because most people don't fucking care? Don't act like Assist Trophies are seen as some sort of huge controversial subject even though most people could give less of a sit what C-D listers get shoved in there. Characters like Ashley shouldn't just be on the roster because she's a character form WarioWare, she's not even the most recurring character (which would be anyone introduced in the original sch as Jimmy T., 9-Volt, Kat & Ana, Mona, etc.), she just has a small fanbase that wasn;t even vocal outside of a few retard on twitter and a few pedos on Yea Forums.
The same goes for Isaac too, he didn't top polls, his games aren't noteworthy, they didn't sell well either. Yet his fags blow up his significance compared to characters like Banjo whose series still gets discussed worth a damn outside of smash, and K.Rool and Ridley, who are their series' most popular villain.
Not even plant, whose made well over 100 appearances, is well known, and has senirotiy over M O S T of the damn current roster. But apparently he was bad because it reminded fags that their character was no more important or recognizable than a mook in the second biggest video game franchise in the world
Fuck off with your "fanservice" and "core fan" bullshit, the fact that most of said core audience doesn't give a shit should tell you how faulty your point is

shadow will never be in

Attached: smug egg.jfif.jpg (256x256, 20K)

Sukapon: Retro rep
Black Knight: Villain for Fire Emblem
Takamaru: Confirmed to have been playable if more people knew about his game, poor excuse on Sakurai's part given that he did have support since Brawl.

>Starfy (fuck off with your weeb shit)
>Actual pronunciation of the character and spelling in the original series
>Weeb
Never go full retard user.
>Maybe there isn't more uproar over assist trophies because most people don't fucking care?
And that is the problem. Non-fans like you come in and dictate what people should like. Good thing the industry has been following that rhetoric for the last few years.
>The rest of your post
Made me bite 3/10

Attached: 1534965098685.png (805x654, 366K)

Why Sukapon for a retro rep over Excitebiker or Balloon Fighter or Urban Champion or literally any retro character people actually fucking know about?

Attached: 1556076550162.png (284x308, 218K)

It doesn't have to be Sukapon, but it's worth noting that Sukapon appeared over them. I wanted Balloon Fighter for fifteen years. Villager's recovery pissed me off, I hate compromise/composite characters. Moreso when Isabelle does the actual actions the Villager does in AC.

Starfy is what he was localized as in the DS games onward (which were the only ones localized to my knowledge), and how he is referenced in Smash. weeb
>And that is the problem. Non-fans like you come in and dictate what people should like. Good thing the industry has been following that rhetoric for the last few years.
>ABLOO BLOO MUH NORMIES SHITTING UP MY DISCUSSION MUH NO TRUE SCOTSMAN WAAAAAAH
pic related faggot, MOST people who have been with Smash since 64 would prefer Banjo or K.Rool Or Ridley, or even Sonic and Snake and Mega Man and Pac Man, over your autism SNES Robot, Like in armor, and obscure samurai faggot. Don't act like your some high god for wanting obscure characters in a GENERAL VIDEO GAME celebration
Also, show me the HUGE support for Takamaru. Krystal was more wanted than him. fucking MACH RIDER and EXCITE BIKER were more wanted than him.
>The rest of your post
I accept your concession

Attached: Piranha Plant cry me a river.png (640x685, 295K)

the whole "retro rep!" thing is fucking stupid anyway

the only time they ever added a character for the sake of having a "retro rep" was ice climbers back in melee. pit, g&w, r.o.b and duck hunt are old too but sakurai cited their inclusions for reasons other than being a "retro rep".

pit was added to brawl because he was a popular request, in sakurai's own words.

ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update

>I was well aware that Pit was a popular character in both America and Japan.

so he's more akin to k. rool and banjo & kazooie

and mr. game & watch, r.o.b and duck hunt were all meant to be "surprise characters", and piranha plant is meant to be smash ultimate's equivalent, thus killing off the idea of there having to be a "retro rep" every game.

Attached: Scan-Translation-3.png (767x1079, 386K)

Yes. But only because some are just so fucking annoying even in pure casual play.

>Banjo or K.Rool Or Ridley,
Two of which who had their fans shout and scream loud enough just to have them in only a year ago. That's the point, fans shouldn't have to get so vicious to get their characters.
>Don't act like your some high god for wanting obscure characters
Nigga what? Take a breath, you seem a little mad right now.

AT are good. They allow characters that would have otherwise not gotten in to have a participatory appearance in the game. Characters like Bomberman, Waluigi, Alucard, and Isaac wouldn't have been playable if AT weren't a thing, they would simply be not in at all. Plus, it will make it easier for modders to make them playable in the future.

Attached: ultimaterepcomp9.png (913x2010, 1.99M)

>Two of which who had their fans shout and scream loud enough just to have them in only a year ago. That's the point, fans shouldn't have to get so vicious to get their characters.
Yes, they had demand, so they got in. Now show the demand for Black KNight
or Sukapon.
or Takamaru
or Starfy
I admit the fact that they got in so late is criminal, but the only reason Ridely didn't get in was because Sakurai didn't think he could make him work. and K. Rool was genuine surprise he was so popular, as stated himself.
They got in because they were demanded so vocally at all, so where's Isaac's uproar? He's nowhere near as important or popular, so he doesn't have one, of course
See where your logic falls flat, characters like Isaac or Ashley or Black Knight or Starfy appeal to neither popularity or legacy, so they should be excluded form your argument all together. None of them represent long running, old, or lucrative franchises that are massively popular

>Plus, it will make it easier for modders to make them playable in the future.
Not exactly. Some characters can fit on others with no issue but others don't. It doesn't help that some charactesr already had a model taken from other games or even a custom model made way before Ultimate was a thing.

Attached: 1541974818527.webm (711x400, 2.87M)

I'm just thinking that they already have a model and some moves. It's better than starting from scratch.

What mod is that? And why is Isaac using Ike's animations, it doesn't fit him at all
Also Metal Sonic's, Geno's, and Waluigi's Legacy XP movesets absolutely proves to me most fans can barely make cohesive movesets worth a damn. Nothing of their flows well together, and Waluigi in particular was bad on other fronts. very noticably bad animations across the board, but his were really bad for some reason, and he had move and costume slots dedicated to fucking memes, what a travesty

>so where's Isaac's uproar?
Look around and you'll see it. People were mad his ASSIST was cut, never mind being playable.
>Ashley
Now you're shitposting. Remember all your talking points applied to K. Rool, who I voted for in the ballot. For years I've seen your same rhetoric being pushed against him and now you wanna try to revise history.

Stay mad. I gave a reasonable opinion on why assists are flawed and you sperged out like the little shit you are.

True, but the efforts to make those models fit still takes editing and time and when there isn't anything to use, you take matters into your own hands. I give credit to them for not entirely relying on the official source material to give them what they need.

okay

Attached: 00000000-53.png (1153x704, 1.01M)

>Look around and you'll see it. People were mad his ASSIST was cut, never mind being playable.
And you would argue that he deserved the slto when it wasn't even enough to get him in over other, genuinely popular characters like K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo, or even fucking Simon or Isabelle.
His perfect chance to get noticed was the ballot, if he had even a fraction of the support or popularity K. Rool or Ridley or Simon had during the ballot, he would've gotten in with special mention to it like they had
Fact it, his popularity is nothing compared to theirs, and that's EXACTLY why he's an assist.
He isn't legacy, he isn't popular, and he isn't in Smash because of those things
>Ashley
How am I just ahit[posting when mentionig Ashley, she fits in this criteria provided with you other character like Starffy and Black Knight. I have literally nothing against her, I just don't see why she should be included
>Remember all your talking points applied to K. Rool, who I voted for in the ballot. For years I've seen your same rhetoric being pushed against him and now you wanna try to revise history.
No they fucking don't. She isn't as popular, well known, or requested as K. Rool, and the fact that you're trying to make them equivalent is baffling since you say you voted for him
I NEVEr said they weren;t levvied against him in his time, but they;re hell of a lot valie against him than Ashley
Did Ashley get art specifically because the Ballot was revealed? Did Ashley get voted to the top of Fan polls before, after, and even DURING Smash 4's life cycle and DLC? Did Ashley get talked about outside of Smash when it revealed the series' revival didn't use her, to the point where the DEVELOPERS themselves addressed it and settled any rumors?
NO? Then she isn't even fucking close to his significance to her series, or in Smash

You gave a shitty rhetoric that rings untrue to everywhere outside your autistic bubble, and now you;re trying to cope with being challenged on it.

Learn grammar

>cope
Hardly.
I repeat, you need to take a breath and structure your posts better. It's hard to debate you when you're rambling on and on with no real coherency. You want proof, here's your proof. It's not an official poll but over 27,000 votes for a character is nothing to scoff at. Consider that this could be 27,000 more sales for the game had Isaac been included. Consider that Banjo had 10,000 votes less and that should be the silver lining right there.

I'm not bothering with you anymore, this conversation can go all night and nothing will come of it.

Attached: TBrweHKbtBuiLWgdGokgo3zsMPPLUDObZq2rChYtmJ8.png (1920x2700, 2.06M)

I'm a naturally sloppy typer, and my keyboard needs cleaning
sorry!
So are you gonna try to refute my points?

Nah, I'm happy that Isaac is at least in as an assist trophy. Better than not being in the game at all.

Some of you are whining about how terrible it is to be an Assist instead of playable, meanwhile some fans can't even enjoy their favorite characters even showing up anymore.

Attached: Saki_Amimaya.png (500x562, 242K)

>Fates outsold Awakening anyway.

Three games outsold one? How surprising!

Attached: 1558456679264.jpg (627x563, 86K)

Saki was never getting in. From his entry in the DOJO, that should have been clear to a lot of people. There's being hopeful and there's being delusional.

Attached: 1447434239633.png (453x313, 133K)

>Maybe a small island thinks
You talk as if Japan was fucking Haiti or Iceland, not the bloody nation that dominated arcades and resurrected console gaming, who holds more than half of the top 10 best selling series and from which all but two of the top 20 best selling consoles come from.
Judging what games are relevant by the opinions of the US is like judging what Basketball players are relevant by the opinions of Guatemala.

>27000 more sales
>On a game that already sold 10 million+
>When everyone who bothers voting in these things already has the game anyway
These things are really irrelevant. Banjo got in in part because of fan demand but mostly because millions of people stuck to his game. Same thing with Dragon Quest Hero, with DQ being the best selling third party in two Nintendo consoles.
What does Isaac have outside of internet circlejerking? Nothing. His games sold less than niche JRPGs in the west and sold less than 100k in Japan. It was a series that only survived when Nintendo handhelds didn't have many new RPGs, which is why it died quickly on the DS.

And a lot of characters in the assist crew are equally as unlikely and low-priority as Saki yet their fans can't see that they're lucky to have them in the game at all.

So you post a botted poll posted on social media to prove your point, then fuck off without even responding to my other arguments, using "grammar lol" as an excuse
Bye then, cope with your shitty argument

>genuinely popular
Well here's what seems to be the problem sir, the whole argument falls apart right around here.

The first Sin and Punishment got released outside Japan on the VC two console generations later while most of the other assists got their game released outside Japan around the same time of the Japanese release in the same console generation. If S&P got a rep, it'd likely to be Isa or Kechi due to Star Successor getting a consistent release behind Japan's.

>fucking Zangief. Especially Gief.
Isn't Incelroar basically Zangief with fire powers?

Isaac sucks