Worked at Neversoft from 2000-2009

>worked at Neversoft from 2000-2009
>worked on most THPS games

Ask me anything. Hopefully there's still some big THPS fans out there.

Attached: THPS.png (440x154, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/thug1src/thug
youtu.be/BBfWm2CJWJU
youtube.com/watch?v=iiq8F_GoFLw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

source code or gtfo

Do you think a modern THPS could work nowadays and 5 was just a fuckup or is the series unsalvagable?

What's THPS?

Mass Effect

Was there any cool unreleased material?

were you the guy who broke his ankle?

Best song?

any interacting with the skaters? Stories?

How did you guys came up with all the special tricks for each character?

Why was THPS1 the only game where you could hit by cars?
Me and my buddy used to take turn getting hit by the taxis in the Minneapolis level a lot

What's it like being a giant eyeball?

Why did Activision just flat out give up on THPS and made bullshit peripheral games instead of just competing with SKATE?

Tom Hanks' Penis Sucker

bump

any unreleased/unannounced entry in the series?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (475x356, 54K)

OP too slow to respond. Fuck em.

lol'd

Did you work on guitar hero 3?

Do you remember Andy Gentile? He seems like a cool dude

were you in any of those old 'developers try to skate in the office' blooper videos

THPS2 seems to be the best regarded of the Pro Skater games and I'm not sure why. What does it have over 4?

IMO it's the hardest of the original tetralogy. Also didn't bloat the mechanics with too many ways to chain combos.

Why haven’t you and a bunch of the old crew started your own studio to make not-thps? Why aren’t you responding to any posts?

3 is the one that's considered the best since it brought reverbs, faster gameplay, and of course better graphics from gen 6 consoles
2 is the perfect followup to 1, and 4's open world was amazing to those who wanted it

This.

OP posted then sipped his last

Not with the "THPS" presentation, as skating is less popular and relevant than it was during the popularity of the series. I think the overall gameplay style is timeless, and would be appreciated in the modern era of streamers, speedrunners and competitive players.

Between unused concepts to entire pitches, a lot. Like...a LOT.

No Cigar - Millencolin

I've only interacted with Bam Margera, and he was/is a complete jerk.

There wasn't much thought put into it. Some were little in-jokes, some were the product of us asking skaters what their "dream trick" would be, some were chosen based on how easy they could be to animate, and others were born out of glitched animations, etc

There were no pitches that Activision would approve of without heavy input from suits that knew nothing about the franchise, and Guitar Hero was making a ton of money at the time. Business-wise it seemed like a logical next step to bring a casual, peripheral-based experience to the THPS franchise.

Like the second question, lots.

Barely. I was on the project for several weeks when Activision was concerned about giving the GH series "the Neversoft edge", as they frequently mentioned in meetings and PowerPoint presentations.

Didn't interact with him too much but I remember him becoming involved a few years in. Never heard anything bad about him.

There's lots of reasons. It mainly boils down to being the first REALLY popular game in the series, but when you look at it a different way, it's the most improved-upon sequel to a previous game in the series, and required the most skill to master as combo-linking methods were limited.

I haven't worked directly in game development in years. Activision, while not having a contract with Tony Hawk, still owns the license to the entire series so any spiritual successors would likely get shot down.

Attached: THPS_LL2.png (817x320, 82K)

WTH happener after american waterland?

Have all the easter eggs been found or are there still some left?

I don't have any questions I just wanna say 3 is the best and whoever designed Canada and Airport deserves all the blowjobs in the world.

This, 3 has unquestionable kino

Post proof or fuck off your LARPing nigger

THAW was the product of Neversoft accepting a pitch for a much more ambitious project and forcing it to become more of what they wanted an ideal Pro Skater game to be.

Everything's been torn apart and dissected for the most part. If you look at the series on The Cutting Room Floor, there's quite a bit of interesting content if you've never read about it before.

Thank you, THPS3 is my personal favorite game in the series.

Attached: THPS_LL3.jpg (423x179, 29K)

If OP's still here. What is one of your favorite memories working on the franchise? If you could make your own "guidelines" to form a new TH entry, what would those be/what would you suggest?

>he doesn't know about the THUG1 leak
github.com/thug1src/thug

Was THPS HD any good? I think I bought it on sale, but never played it. PS3 is in another state atm.

sucked really bad. the graphics suck and have this silly putty colored filter over them, and the physics are all wrong

Did OP ever expect music licenses to be such a bitch?

Fucking gay. I would love a rerelease of the first few games on modern consoles. Seems a perfect thing to drop on the Switch. I played the fuck out of 1 & 2 on Dreamcast.

it's by Robomodo (who did the peripherial-based TH games) and reception is mixed, people who have some experience with the pro scene either in THPS3 or THUGPRO generally hate it youtu.be/BBfWm2CJWJU Make that fucking pro hater 3 video already Flippy

>I've only interacted with Bam Margera, and he was/is a complete jerk

kek

Attached: edge.jpg (627x466, 69K)

Were you forced to include that mediocre girl skater to fulfill a gender quota?

Part of me never liked 3 as much because Bob Burnquist's trick set was my favorite in THPS2 and he got kicked out of 3 and replaced with Bam

>I've only interacted with Bam Margera, and he was/is a complete jerk

Speaking of Bam, that guy went full JUST.

Attached: Bam.png (1620x1080, 2.14M)

Was there any skater besides Tony Hawk who you thought had the sickest tricks in all of the clips you saw?

It was the golden mean of added features while not having the lunar physics of later games. It’s creation modes were robust, had a nearly perfect soundtrack, and pushed the PS1 to its limits

>I haven't worked directly in game development in years.
What are you up to now? I really wanna get out of the game industry myself.

GUN 2?

Shout outs to Cum Town podcast which no doubt helped this mental breakdown along

tim hortons piss simulator

It's not a gender quota if they decide to add a girl skater.

A gender quota would be adding multiple girls because they decide there's not enough.

THPS is my favorite game series and I love you for all the work you have put in. THUG/THUG2/THAW were peaks for the series

5 was absolutely disgusting and that company should be ashamed of themselves.

Did you seriously expect anyone to unlock private carrera legitimately?

Aw Bam!

How is Activision so incompetent that they fucked up the remaster even aside from music licensing?

More like make any video already

How buttblasted were people in the studio by Skate?

Is Kotick an incompetent asshole like EA executives or just ruthless?

>Me and my buddy used to take turn getting hit by the taxis in the Minneapolis level a lot
But it happened in 2 and 3??

What did you work on besides THPS?

Hello IGN, planning to ruin this guy's career are you

how does a simple question like this trigger your victim complex so much?

If you know what other games he worked on you can track down his name you retard.

sauce?

ever hide any Easter eggs while working on one of the games?

>There wasn't much thought put into it. Some were little in-jokes, some were the product of us asking skaters what their "dream trick" would be, some were chosen based on how easy they could be to animate, and others were born out of glitched animations, etc

Pure soul.

Bam was on cum town just before his party got shut down and moved like 3 times, I think it was a paid episode but you can probably search cum town mediafire and find all the premium eps.

It's not a particularly interesting episode but i think bam and his grifter friend getting fucked with afterwards by the cum town fanbase threw a wrench in the whole story which i find hilarious

Your games were pretty awesome growing up. I miss comfy days with the bros playing thps2.

Did you what happened behind the gamespy tony hawk servers shutdown that happened in the late 00's?

What do you think about thugpro?

2 is still my favorite THPS game even after playing 3. It's simple and yet complex enough, perfectly balanced. Great soundtrack and visuals for its time.

Why the hell did Activision force that shitty Z-Tier developer to develop 5, and make it the shittiest way to end the franchise, instead of contacting Neversoft instead?

>the reason why I'm not screaming is because I sound like a faggot when I do
>sounds like a fag anyways
At least he makes a point and knows what he's talking about, though.

How do you feel about Skate?

This and Twisted Metal back in the day I remember being so insanely popular.
So sad that so many different styles of games dont even exist anymore and everything is so streamlined

Where can a nigga get a pc version of Pro Skater 2 that works on modern computers?

join the thpsx discord

lol your a faggot

>Some were little in-jokes, some were the product of us asking skaters what their "dream trick" would be, some were chosen based on how easy they could be to animate, and others were born out of glitched animations, etc
see this is why games were awesome when people made them, not algorithms and quotas

THPS 3 is the best game ever made
I wish there could be an ultimate classic-style THPS game with 3's controls + spine transfers, every course from 1-3, goals for the 1 and 2 courses updated to take reverts and manuals into account, every song from 1-3, and the classic 2:00 arcade gameplay

Why don't you just say who you are? It's not like this is 2007 Yea Forums with cp and gore plastered everywhere.

Manuals are fucking boring. Shit ruined the series. They turn what should be a fun rollercoaster ride from ramp to ramp into an autistic little twinkle toes fairy run.

Literally the chad ramp the virgin manual.

How was working at Neversoft?
Were you involved in some way or another in the PS Spiderman games?

How's the team doing nowadays?

nobody is forcing you to use the manuals faggot

Thank you for being part of my childhood. Why the fuck is there a secret Shrek costume in one of the games?

you just have a natural inclination to play boring for some reason, don't blame the game for that

did you ever jerk it to the Demoness? because I did

Attached: demoness.jpg (300x600, 22K)

The high scores from 3 on up expect you to do fairy runs.

wich one of these are you?
youtube.com/watch?v=iiq8F_GoFLw

FS SHOVE IT
FS SHOVE IT
FS SHOVE IT
FS SHOVE IT
FS SHOVE IT
FS SHOVE IT

>The high scores from 3 on up expect you to do fairy runs
nah you're just shit
source: 100% THPS 3 without being a boring faggot
Manuals slow you down ya know

Ghetto Birds are Nollie only.
Why do people not seem to understand this anymore?

Why do people call Hardflip late BS180's Ghetto Birds?

Attached: Today I Will Remind Them.png (220x312, 175K)

oh yeah wasn't this included in 4 as demo? It was OK from what I remember

who was your favorite secret character?

Attached: tumblr_nldfuanGjz1r7sijxo1_500.gif (403x430, 1.85M)

Nah, 4 had the wakeboarding game demo. Forget the name.

What happened to tony and why is skating less popular than it was back then

Why we can't have devteams like this anymore.

Reminder that 2 was the apex of the franchise.

Didn't this one come with a surf table controller?

what made you guys decide to remove the timer in THPS4?

dont you know user?
videogames are a mature hobby now sweety

either wolverine or darth maul, but you can never truly beat officer dick

its true that they asked Rodney mullen first about having a line of videogames but he is kinda autist and say no, and thats basically why they went for Tony Hawk instead?

i used to love this....

what the fuck where you guys smoking when you included those terrible vehicle sections in THUG?

Attached: Thug_rallycar.png (1024x768, 956K)

I miss devteams that cared about their games.

THPS music was fucking influential on me as a kid. TNT, public enemy, “who’s world is this? The world is yours”

What’s a few songs you guys always REALLY wanted in but couldn’t get licensing to work.

Also Same question but with unlockable characters like Spider-Man and darth maul.

How were the skaters in-game bails like the one in this pic designed? Why do they often look so off? They weren't a deal breaker but still.

Attached: 4 (2).png (1024x768, 806K)

What was it like working on Pro Skater 4? My favorite level was Alcatraz.