*Ruins an entire console*

>No D-Pad thanks to the meme that is 2 controllers for casuals
>Wobbly mess on handheld mode
>HD Söymble

Just imagine the regular Switch, it’s exactly the same except the joycons aren’t detachable, it dock’s but you need to buy a controller for TV use, which you have to do anyway because the joycons are a joke.

Attached: 07C7C369-6EE6-43BA-94C6-1571B6458B2F.jpg (600x532, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaoxHkwgoJk
support.8bitdo.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok, then just fix it.
You can fix it like this...

Attached: 2353525S.jpg (1146x1200, 91K)

Or like this...

Attached: 342634634.jpg (522x522, 26K)

You could do this when it's docked...

Attached: 346346346640.jpg (800x800, 63K)

...and you can even do this for fighting games if you don't want to get a dedicated stick.
Suddently the switch becomes viable for animu fightan too.

Attached: 2363463355262345.jpg (1555x1040, 89K)

Chink shit
Chink shit
Chink shit
Chink shit

Sad

the dpad really needs to be on the top to be comfortable

>new switch just announced so the stealth marketing team is already bemoaning the regular model as the worst thing ever

It's fine, the way you grip the switch the thumb falls there anyway, your hand is slightly on the lower side.
But yes, rising the d-pad would work even better.
Not that much of a dealbreaker for me tho.

Never waste your time formulating a complex marketing ploy when the actual truth is that on Yea Forums people are simply naturally retarded.

What?

desu nintendo could have solved this issue by having the dpad be custimizable like the.xbox pro controller.

They make more money selling the base model.

same as your laptop and your parents birthcontrol

The xbox pro controller d-pad is an absolute piece of trash no matter what you use, tho.

Why on earth would they do that if the original is more expensive?

They didn't include tv option, because it would cannibalize the more expensive model sales.

Nah, the disc is great.

>Able to easily switch between 1 player, 2 players, 3 players, 4 players
Detachable Joycons are the best part about the Switch. Local Multiplayer is fucking easy, and you just need to buy a pro controller or some bullshit if you really need a real controller.

To be fair its not like Sony and xbox marketers haven't been caught here before.
Nintendo ones are the only ones that don't show themselves if they even exist here at all.

He's especially retarded posting that argument because these two, especially:
Are officially licensed and supported by Nintendo themselves.
Just to give everyone here an idea: the first one posted had an issue where it would drain the switch battery when in sleep mode.
Nintendo literally patched the Switch itself to solve that issue, they dealt with it directly.
So it's far from just being third party cheap shit and that's it.

Attached: 1318958643748.jpg (381x380, 26K)

thats due to the design... the switch would obviously use nintendo's typical dpad. im referring to the ability to switch out the type of dpad

>Local Multiplayer
OP probably has a ps4 so he'll never know why it's useful.

I still don't understand why they didn't just put a d-pad on the left joycon. Using a d-pad for button presses when used by itself sounds like a better compromise than not having a d-pad at all when playing with both, which is what they're used for much more often.

Dilate sweetie

>the first one posted
*second

How the fuck do you play a platformer with that placement and design?
How the fuck do you unironically play a fighting game?
You do realize the "disc" isn't nearly the same thing as single mesh, such as ?
You know the difference and what it means, right?

Attached: 1314943127583.png (479x355, 300K)

Faggot.

You gonna cry?
Piss your pants maybe?
Maybe shit and cum?

Attached: 34646436.jpg (900x833, 55K)

KYS

Based

Dilate

Cringe

I don't understand why there isn't a collection of colors or an option to get a joycon with a proper dpad. This Switch has so much going on for it, yet Nintendo does absolutely nothing.

Cope

based, fuck nintendo, worst purchase I've made in a long fucking time. The whole console feels cheaper than my son's 2ds

Your mom

>my son's
oof

>or an option to get a joycon with a proper dpad.
There is.
And it's licensed at that.

Great thread.

what's it like being hideous user

>No D-Pad thanks to the meme that is 2 controllers for casuals
It's not even a big deal, most games only use them for menus nowadays. They're basically the C buttons that were on the N64 controller that can be used as a d-pad.
I have a launch Switch and mine are fine. Did you fucking bend them on purpose you mong?
>HD Söymble
What does that even mean you moron

>they won't even tell us what the GPU/CPU is
haha time for 10 fps on the go!

Attached: bitch lite.png (920x689, 39K)

pretty shitty desu senpai

>Did you fucking bend them on purpose you mong?
I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of people just yank them out without realising there's a button on the back.

>It's not even a big deal, most games only use them for menus nowadays.
You're so MONUMENTALLY stupid.
The Switch library is literally 70% indies.
Most of those indie games play 3 times better with a proper d-pad.
Out of any other console on the market right now, the switch benefits from a good, actual d-pad more than anything else.
You fucking subhuman brainlet.

>It's not even a big deal, most games only use them for menus nowadays.
>Street Fighter games as a launch title and free NES games monthly for buying in to their shit online service
pick one you gigantic faggot

One that works outside of handheld mode would be nice, though.

>finally implement a dpad
>make it tiny to keep it on scale with new smaller model
There's always a catch

>Street Fighter games as a launch title
Ok but make no mistake: a nintendo style cross d-pad wouldn't solve the fighting game situation.
You can play platformers with it, but not fighting games unless your understanding of the motions is that of a small kid.

>>No D-Pad
I genuinely prefer the 4 buttons for 2D games. Fight me.

Well I guess their quality control problems were what led to Etika's suicide. JOYCONBOYZ!

>Fight me.
It's a crime to fighting the mentally disabled, so i can't.

>I genuinely prefer the 4 buttons for 2D games.
post a picture of yourself retard, I want to see how much drool you've leaked today

>The Switch library is literally 70% indies.
That are mostly 2d platforners making your complaint moot as the buttons are fine for them.

It's only a crime to win, but you won't.

>
>They didn't include tv option, because it would cannibalize the more expensive model sales.

This,

It's literally Kike Marketing Tactics 101.

>but you won't.
Obviously, because you've got tard strength after all.

Attached: 1345245517075.jpg (1121x795, 1.22M)

Honestly it's only really fighters that suffer.

>That are mostly 2d platforners making your complaint moot as the buttons are fine for them.
Yeah, if you have some kind of mental deficiency.
4 buttons isn't the same shit as a proper d-pad, especially for platformers, you mongoloid.

Considering the current quality of nintendo dpads, i don't really blame you, at least i know that i'm pressing up and not up but ever so slightly touching the left which is enough for the pro controller to register that as a jump forward.

Mfw I just bought the atomic purple joycon shell replacements, the ones that also gives the leftcon a Dpad.
Mfw I'm so scared of fucking something up.

Attached: 1562378183911.jpg (208x208, 9K)

You need a single mesh circle d-pad or a full stick for fighters anyway, so there's no good solution that nintendo could've implemented out of the box.
Basically pic related, sold by default, would've been MAYBE a possible patrician solution but i'd have to test how it actually feels to use and how well it works with what's underneath.
I suspect it probably doesn't feel that great.

Attached: 463464623.jpg (1200x628, 121K)

A cross d-pad is only superior for rolling motions which are pretty much exclusive to fighting games. For platformers the 4 buttons work just fine and actually are very precise.

Then tell us how it's worse.

Dude, the buttons give way more precision for platformers.

>*ruins an entire country*

Attached: truth2.jpg (616x5370, 532K)

The 4 buttons are small enough and close enough together that you can switch between directions just as quickly, if not quicker than, a cross d-pad. The separation means that you only press a diagonal when you truly mean to, at the cost of it taking slightly more effort to achieve. The 4 separate buttons are very awkward for rolling motions, so it's bad for fighting games.

There, I explained my opinions on the pros and cons of the separated d-pad. Please feel free to refute my points instead of just yelling "It's not the same" and "muh proper d-pad."

>The 4 buttons are small enough and close enough together that you can switch between directions just as quickly, if not quicker than, a cross d-pad.
please, keep lying nintentoad. I love watching you faggots defend this garbage

Attached: unnamed-300x227-300x227.jpg (300x227, 11K)

Tell me why I'm wrong, then.

the entire quoted part was bullshit. I didn't read the rest of your garbage shill post but I bet the rest is horseshit too

Because plenty of people do just fine using the DS4 for Tekken, also you're retarded.

>the entire quoted part was bullshit
Not him but are you a 5 year old or a manlet? Get yourself some manlet sized controllers then.

You're supposed to tell him why he's wrong.
Don't they teach you kids this in school?

>goes to a video game board to complain about shit completely unrelated

The DS4 doesn't have a separated d-pad. It's a single solid piece below the casing. Pic related taken from the first video I found when searching "dualshock 4 d-pad": youtube.com/watch?v=XaoxHkwgoJk

All of Sony's controllers have always been like this, they're standard single-piece d-pads and the separate button appearance is purely aesthetic.

Attached: Capture.png (1275x720, 1.05M)

So Nintendrama queens, should I get a mini Switch or a regular Switch? I'm not a hardcore gamer and I don't own a 4k TV to play on. But I like the idea of playing vidya while lying in bed or playing during my free time. I travel a lot for work so I didn't really got into PC gaming, just handhelds like the PSP and 3DS.

How the fuck do I deal with stick drifting from my launch joycon? I've tried contact cleaner, compressed air, q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. I'd buy a replacement but I don't know how long it would last until it started drifting too.

Attached: VERY_peeved_kirb.jpg (205x224, 5K)

It never stops drifting, you have to adapt.

>the entire quoted part was bullshit
Are you saying you can't easily place your thumb across all the d-pad buttons and quickly switch between directions, as in my pic?

Attached: These buttons are small.png (925x816, 1.32M)

why is only the X red

this thing has no vibration, no gyro and can only be used in handheld mode

It's the Daemon X Machina logo because it's a licensed controller to promote that game.

I basically slop 99% iso alcohol right under the rubber and move the stick around. This fix is temporary but I only do this every few months and it works alright
What really sucks is that my joycon disconnects when it's on the rails (don't lock in place) so I use a thick rubber to band to hold it on. not gonna buy another one of these, just gonna use it until it breaks

>I actually prefer the buttons to the d-pad

I always hated d-pads and this console is a blessing for me, for the first time I find myself preferring digital controls over analog for movement. Am I retarded?

>this thing has no vibration, no gyro and can only be used in handheld mode
That's exactly what i want it to do, tho.
If i want docked, i use these I completely despise motion controls in any form and during the PS2 era i started playing without vibration, haven't looked back since.
I realized vibration is just an useless gimmick that was distracting me and making me perform worse.
Ever since i turned that shit off on anything i own, i actually became even better at vidya.

Attached: 1321798365046.jpg (623x479, 35K)

>I always hated d-pads
Christ, this is the kind of lowlife scum i have to share a board with.
Mentally damaged monkey.

The fact it's not a d-pad is actually a good thing because the pro controller dpad is incredibly imprecise, what is annoying is the sticks placement

>and your parents birthcontrol
rekt kek

Don't get me wrong i'll get these joycons day fucking 1. The normal joycons are just way too small for me, even with a grip i still have a hard time

>What really sucks is that my joycon disconnects when it's on the rails (don't lock in place)
You can buy replacement latches, you know. Ones made of metal, even.

the absolute unit

fat

Sorry I meant my wife’s son

Not true and not a meaningful response.

I legitimately believe that dpads are nearly worthless relics of the past now. Most games only use them for menus. Buttons are not accurate for input in most remaining genres including fighters if you dislike stick. The argument for them exists only in 2d platformers.

Just buy a new one, swap it and then return it.
You have to make sure that the place you buy it from has a return policy on unopened merch though and don't say its faulty.

I don't see how people don't like the dpad. Having the directions be all separate buttons is really nice, in my opinion.

The sticks though, those things are fucked. Mine are at the point where I can hold mine all the way down and be standing still on the screen at times.

>I legitimately believe that dpads are nearly worthless relics of the past now. Most games only use them for menus.
>The argument for them exists only in 2d platformers.
Gee, it sure would suck if most of the Switch library was composed by a vast majority of indies, and almost all of them required heavy use of the d-pad, wouldn't it?
Oh wait.
That's exactly the situation the Switch is in right now.
Retard.

Attached: 7436364.jpg (346x344, 20K)

>Buttons are not accurate for input in most remaining genres including fighters if you dislike stick.
Name a single genre OTHER than fighters where it's not accurate. The only thing the separate buttons are bad for is rolling motions, and fighting games are the ONLY 2D games that use them.

Good thing the buttons are superior to the dpad when it comes to 2d platforners.
You know, the genre that most indie games fall into?

Attached: 1519914296319.jpg (1199x800, 113K)

>>HD Söymble
How easy it is to see through nu-Yea Forums these days, all you need is "onions", a wojak, or maybe some Reddit meme. Incredible.

You mean a wii u

>no d-pad

Attached: 1306897933769.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>Good thing the buttons are superior to the dpad when it comes to 2d platforners.
They're superior for every game except fighting games.

> people actually believe buttons are superior to a normal d-pad
Truly the dualshock generation of mutant hands is among us

It's your fault.
You stopped making fun of them every day, so they created this delusional mental little world where their shit opinions are actually accepted and even validated.
You became soft, and now we're surrounded with these shit for brains.

>dualshock generation
Dualshock controllers don't even have separate buttons. They're a single piece of plastic over a membrane and the "separation" is purely an aesthetic difference in the outer casing. See:

The only good thing to come out of the separate button d-pad is that it makes Crypt of the Necrodancer playable from the left side.

>expecting sonyfags to know their own controller

>You can buy replacement latches, you know
No, I didn't know. Thank you

Attached: (JPEG Image, 474 × 483 pixels).jpg (474x483, 90K)

The real problem that there built like shit
You throw them once at a wall and now they drift like crazy
You throw them again and then they don’t work
Nintendo used to mean quality, bow its just brittle chinkshit

Why the fuck are you throwing them at walls you retarded nigger?

No problem. They sell replacement analog sticks, too. Have fun.

>the "separation" is purely an aesthetic difference
it also makes the dpad (subjectively) less comfortable to those who like to mash the middle of the dpad.

>who like to mash the middle of the dpad.
Why would you ever do that?

My controllers, my wall, my choice. Go be retarded somewhere else, commie

>HORI
>Chinkshit
Based retard

>calling someone else retarded while purposely trying to break shit

It's only useful on certain kinds of dpads, but if it balances on a middle point, you can rock the dpad and access every direction without moving your thumb

Attached: brenlit.png (211x239, 5K)

I wish we got a mecha game that used the HD Rumble and IR Scanner more.
Maybe have it be a twin-stick movement scheme where you can feel the terrain and area around you via HD rumble, and can use the IR Scanner for certain special moves like tactical-strikes.

Are sonyfags still seething over Nintendo's e3 conference? The shitposting about the switch/fire emblem/pokemon has been non stop for a month now

you should use those soft hands to jerk me off instead

>Nintendo
>implying it wasn't the whole thing
They just hate everyone.

The Switch Mini, Pokemon, and Three Houses all genuinely are in a sorry state.

Everyone's perfectly happy with Mario Maker, Astral Chain, and the Smash DLC.

Eh, everyone has moved on from the graphics issue of 3H and the mini is pretty inoffensive.
It's pretty much just pokemon.

Like half of the stuff you buy is made in China
What's your point?

Where does this myth that sonyfags hate the switch comes from?
The switch is literally the Vita 2.0.
Half the library is weeb shit + all the indies.
I've owned sony hardware my entire life and the switch is the first nintendo console that feels like an old sony console, library wise, mixed with the PC indie scene.

Why the fuck is everything so weird and lacking any reflection of what's actually happening in the real world, on Yea Forums?
Sony fans hating the switch?
Nigga around 80% of the people i know that grew up with Sony shit have left Sony because of censorship and all have a Switch now.
Get with the times, what is this outdated bullshit stereotype?

Attached: 1304732951951.jpg (335x478, 26K)

Easy misconception.

You're talking about human beings. He's talking about console fanboys.

I bough this for my PC. the left analog stick had a deadzone and the buttons didn't register half the time. Unless mine was defective, this is a garbage fucking controller.

>Where does this myth that sonyfags hate the switch comes from?
>myth
Have you not seen the state of this board? They attack any one and any thing that isn't affiliated with sony and if you ever criticise a game they'll always deflect to another company which most of the time is Nintendo and the switch.

>100% DKTF no problem with button d-pad.
>Finish Hollow Knight Path of Pain without trouble.
>Come to Yea Forums.
>Dozens of retards who can't into buttons.

Attached: 1399636902780.jpg (640x360, 24K)

>Unless mine was defective
Actually very likely because 8bitdo uses multiple manifacturers to make them and ship them out.
So you might get a shitty version, or a version that works every time.
However, this one is their best one yet and i've yet to see anyone complain about it, no matter what manifacturer they get.

That being said, as a last resort always make sure you've updated the software at
support.8bitdo.com/
(to the right, under "SN30 Pro").

Everyone shitposts and baits on this board.
You just focus on the specific fanbase you don't like so it seems more pronounced.
Half the threads are made by people that are simply bored and looking for a way to trigger you, and you end up getting triggered 100% of the time so you develop a persecution complex.

Attached: 1327594890222.png (471x304, 104K)

Nice cope faggot , when in fact half this site is moderated by assblasted nincels who purge most of these threads.

The buttons work really well as a dpad for SMM2. No accidental inputs.

>Everyone shitposts and baits on this board.
You say that but there's certainly one that does it more than the rest and without a hint of irony at that. Even Moot acknowledged that with /vr/ when a handful of people asked why the ps1 wasn't initially allowed.

Also there's a reason why you don't see dissent between pc, Nintendo and xbox here.

If you want to believe it's just focusing on one group then feel free to think that but the fact of the matter is that it couldn't be further from the truth.

Fuck off with the cope posting.

>>HD Söymble
Come on user, seriously?

Dude, their obsession with Nintendo ruined MH threads.

MHW ruined MH threads.
I was there for FU, P3, 3U and 4U and while there were skirmishes everything was mostly fine.
Tri was arguably a bad period but we moved past that.
But MHW is what truly fucked everything up and can't be recovered.

You stupid fucks playing fighting games on a switch. Are you retarded. Who plays fighting games with a controller?

>You stupid fucks playing fighting games on a switch.
I do.
>Who plays fighting games with a controller?
I use 2 of these:
The reason why i do this is because i have a separate case that i can use to transport my switch + dock and all my games to my friend's house.
The 2 M30 controllers fit extremely easily in the case, it allows me to set up a weeb fighting game station anywhere i want, at any time, with minimal effort.
If i carried around 2 sticks i wouldn't be able to be as mobile.
Obviously sticks are better, but this setup is very solid and mantains the main portable nature of the switch as a system, while allowing me to enjoy the fighting games on the system with something better than the default options.

Attached: 3464636431.jpg (1280x720, 330K)

There are way more players on ps4 and Xbox than switch. Why would you bother playing in switch and not on fight cade or something.

I don't think you come here at all

>There are way more players on ps4 and Xbox than switch
Online, yes, and i do own a PS4.
(but interestingly enough BlazBlue Central Fiction has it's best and leasy laggy online on the switch out of all platforms, something to do with some changes they did for how some levels are displayed or some shit)
>Why would you bother playing in switch
Because i can carry the switch itself to my friend's house with basically no effort, it's pratical.
I don't like playing online, i prefer sitting down next to other people and playing them in person.
I like the socialization/interaction aspect that i find is essential to fighting games as a genre and is one of the founding blocks of the FGC as a whole.

Attached: 3464633466431.jpg (1000x557, 176K)

first draft was SJ Wumble

>MHW ruined MH threads
Yeah no, on its own we would have just looked down on it and moved back to the usual style of threads where we just posted art and lobbies.
That's not what happened though because any time you try to say anything that can be interpreted as bad about World then they come out attacking Nintendo even if no one mentioned them.

Nintendo fans are just as guilty of this, because MHG/X was openly mocked and considered a terrible piece of shit, but the instant MHW came out and MHGU/XX came out on the switch, then suddently and mysteriously an entire new faction of MH fans started liking the game and claiming "it was always good, it was just a small amount of haters shitting on it before".

Honestly it's a shitshow of fanboys.
The MH community as a whole is poisoned and full of complete hypocrites.

Attached: 1427043458701.jpg (800x764, 75K)

They know they fanbase is going to work for free anyway

>because MHG/X was openly mocked and considered a terrible piece of shit
No they weren't. At the very best you had people criticising arts and styles the difference is that you could freely criticise them.

>then suddently and mysteriously an entire new faction of MH fans started liking the game
Again no, Gens was still liked outside of those two things which were also optional meaning a lot here DIDN'T use it.
Also it's a significantly updated version with a lot more content and even things transmog in other words there was a lot in it that could change an opinion.

Also thanks for proving my point you idiot. You made a beeline straight for Nintendo at the very first moment.

You're essentially pushing historical revisionism here.
Discussing Gen was IMPOSSIBLE in MH threads before XX was a thing.
The popularity of XX is directly linked to the release of MHW.
XX fans flaunt around the game in an effort to seem more "legit".
It's gotten so ridicolus that people are now pushing the supposed "quality" of XX over 3U and 4U (they don't touch FU yet because they know FU fans would just autistically shit on them for months).
It's completely insincere.

>no dpad
Only valid point, there should be at least an option to get the regular Switch with a proper dpad.
>wobbly
Stop breaking your shit.
>HD Söymble
Now that's just pathetic. It's a good feature and should be standard for all controllers, I wish more games used it properly.
Low effort overall, I'm going to keep my (You).

>Discussing Gen was IMPOSSIBLE in MH threads before XX was a thing.
It really wasn't, in fact we had a fair amount of gens lobbies up, mixed in with 4u and FU.
>The popularity of XX is directly linked to the release of MHW
No.
The game was received well among a handful that had already hacked their 3ds before World was even released contrary to your claim of it changing upon World's release.
The only real connection between the two was the #XXforthewest thing on twitter where a few nips wanted to trade XX for a PC version of World.
>XX fans flaunt around the game in an effort to seem more "legit".
They don't. In fact since the release of World there has been a growing hatebase for anything that can be considered classic so you can't talk about anything predating World properly.

>It's completely insincere
No that's just your bias and apparent Nintendo hate given the previously mentioned beeline.

he's right, but 8bitdo isn't chinkshit

>XX fans flaunt around the game in an effort to seem more "legit".
Hold the fucking phone, when has this ever happened? I've never seen anyone "flaunt" XX and it only ever gets dragged into World discussion just so sonyfags can say it's shit.

It can be chinkshit depending on the manifacturer you get.

I definitely don't see the hate towards the classics (if X and XX can be considerer "classic" anyway, they're only classic relative to how MHW does things) in MH threads.
If anything it's the opposite, calling anyone that even remotely like MHW someone that has shit taste and raving on and on about how shit MHW is.
And i don't even give a shit, i don't like MHW, yet even for me it's blatant wich side the bias is tipping, recently.

You just see what you want to see.

You're really going to say this
>You just see what you want to see.
And this
>I definitely don't see the hate towards the classics
In the same post? Talk about irony.

>they're only classic relative to how MHW does things
No shit, World is the only new style MH. Your stupid statements aside XX doesn't change the fundamental of the game and can be played exactly like the games that came before it so whether you like it or not it's a classic game with all of its hallmarks.

>calling anyone that even remotely like MHW someone that has shit taste
Fuck off with your victim complex because no one does that. In fact one of these sonyfags purposely created that list copypasta because they weren't getting that level of hate.

It sucks that there's no controller with a good D-pad made by Nintendo. The best D-pad controller for the Switch is without a doubt pic related, made by a third party no less.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1350x1151, 91K)

based chinese bro

>if X and XX can be considerer "classic" anyway
Why wouldn't they be classic games exactly? Arts and styles don't change the game like tracking, the loss of load zones and the drop in and out multiplayer did for World. I mean, there aren't even two separate sets of quests for offline and online play anymore.

you are all the biggest bunch of faggots I have ever seen and if I ever find I will kill you with my bare hands

Yeah right.
The last time you tried to punch someone you just bounced back 10 feet, porky.

Good luck user, i'm too much of a pussy to do it.

Attached: 22018-10-02_01-05-37.png (244x348, 196K)

I want to buy another one. Bought the Wii U one and works flawless across multiple consoles and PC.