Resident Evil 4

Is this a good game?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_ResidentEvil4_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 311K)

Play it and form your own opinion you colossal faggot

Attached: FUCK ♂ YOU.png (306x400, 183K)

Yes, it's one of the best games ever made.
Also has some of the best replay value out of any game ever.

But it's not that great of a RE game, if you compare it to RE 1-4.
It started a trend in the series prioritizing action over the more classical approach.
PERSONALLY, i think the most elegant solution would have been to make RE4 a spin-off, and then continue building on it with games that carefully balance the action side, with the horror side, while continuining to make more traditional fixed camera games for the mainline RE series.
Seriously it's that easy.
Capcom always goes the most retarded route when handling their IPs, they're so clumsy.

>RE 1-4.
*RE 1-3.

I started playing GC version a few days ago and I'm having a blast, shit's very good. try it

Are you gonna keep making this thread?

The GC version is visually the best one of them all.
All the other versions have better textures but they're massively missing visual effects that only the GC version has.
I don't know how well Dolphin emulates all the effects but if they managed to make everything work, it should look fantastic.

Yes

Attached: 1411.gif (269x343, 3K)

It’s a fun romp.

It's so ridiculously fucking good that Capcom almost killed the RE series by trying to re-capture this lightning in a bottle
Without a shadow of a doubt, yes it is a phenomenal game

Yes, but you shouldn't go back to it if you last played it a decade+ ago. It's still alright, but nowhere near as good as I remember.

RE6 mercenaries came close.
I might actually get RE6 on the switch just for the movement and mercenary mode.
Shame the rest of that game was so shit.

I play it literally every year and every time it's just as good as i remember it to be.
It's actually even BETTER because now i know what to do and when to buy the rocket launcher to skip specific annoying bossfights, so if anything it gets more and more fun every time i replay it.

Learning about the adaptive difficulty kinda killed it for me honestly. I find it hard to switch off from the minmax mindset.

yeah I always have fun when I play it even though I've played it before
lots of things about it have been done better, and there are aspects of it that negatively impacted later games too. don't care. I like it for what it is, a corny ass action game with a lot of ways to play

Massive fucking tits.

Attached: __ashley_graham_resident_evil_4_and_etc_drawn_by_sgk__92a3f62a428ce12415994a41f7caa3ac.jpg (676x965, 164K)

no way fag

Ballistics*

Map design took a nosedive but the moment-to-moment level design was more interesting.
It's a weak Resident Evil game but a good game overall.

Funny enough RE3 was originally a spin-off and Code Veronica was the mainline entry. And of course DMC1 started off as RE4 before it became its own IP. That whole period was pretty messy.

Professional turns that off.

Capcom is always messy, even to this day.
Baffles me the horrendous way they handle half their ports and the clumsy way they release their new entries in estabilished IPs.
They're like Square, confused old fucks that even when they succeed, it feels like they tripped and fell onto success rather than it being intentional and planned.

One of the best.

Fuck yeah, awesome game even after 14 years.

It's a very good game. Unfortunately, a bunch of massive faggots called the Resident Evil fanbase will seethe very hard if you say it's a good classic game.

Yes

RE6 co-op is also magical.

Resident Evil fan here, its in my top 5. I think what you mean is die hard RE4 fans will take me not saying "its the only good one" as "REEEEE ITS SHIT WHERE ARE MUH CAMERAS."

Attached: BDC3D9E6-0AE6-4A73-B959-7643F9A3DA50.jpg (592x617, 146K)

I like your tier list. Very good.

I recommend the Wii version.

Can I play it on another console like the Switch or do I have to pay it on the GC?

Here's my changes.
Otherwise i agree.
Absolutely viscerally despise CV, 0 and REv, i wish i could find every single original copy of those fucking games and smash them to bits.

Attached: 1563046160620.jpg (592x617, 128K)

>best pistol
Handgun
>best shotgun
Riot Gun
>best rifle
Bolt-action Rifle
>best magnum
Broken Butterfly

Prove me wrong.
protip:You can't.

I'm under the president's order to rescue you.

Attached: FemLeon.jpg (288x175, 10K)

>best pistol
>Handgun
fag
>best shotgun
>Riot Gun
kek now this is just sad

What if Leon was the kidnapped president's son and Ashley was the special agent sent to rescue him?
Ada would still be Ada

Attached: 1334118600037.jpg (600x479, 40K)

>best pistol
>Handgun
lol what
>best magnum
>Broken Butterfly
now you're just being silly

>Broken Butterfly
That one is correct you dope.

>Ashley is the president's son
>Luis Sera is now a woman who wants to devirginize him

I knew you'd be fine if you landed on your butt.

Attached: leon_and_the_presiden_t_son_by_prascovi_da7emw9-fullview.jpg (900x1100, 142K)

When the Handcannon exists?

Attached: 34636.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Yes, but I meant on regular play, not after having to fucking grind on mercenaries.

Red9 shitters doesn't know even about insta-kill headshot upgrade. Only other acceptable choice is Punisher.

>AdaxLeon is now ss
absolutely patrician and based

Attached: 1552045451409.jpg (750x1103, 49K)

>Red9 shitters doesn't know even about insta-kill headshot upgrade
Hah, nigga.
It's incredibly inconsistent and not worth it over simply having a beefy fully upgraded Red9.
As you progress trough the game it becomes less and less reliable or even viable against certain enemies.

yes, but it's not a good resident evil game.

>around 30-40% critical chance
>crits work with melee and knife
>can one-shot plagas
I will admit handgun sucks against bosses but thats why you have rifle and magnum.

Yes

>around 30-40% critical chance
That's what you think, but it's been tested and most of the time it doesn't trigger correctly.
That's why it's inconsistent, it's not the %, it's literally bugged.
A Red9 will do it's intended damage every time, and essentially headshot fuckers in 2 shots or less once fully upgraded anyway.
And additionally by the end of the game it becomes all around crippling, then using context sensitive melee moves to clear up the groups and create some space to finish them off.
Essentially, it's a waste of time and resources and there's better methods to clear groups faster, and in a safer way.