Melee is never coming back to EVO is it

Melee is never coming back to EVO is it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13 Joey Cuellar on Twitter Another Evo record shattered Smash Ultimate is now the (640x375, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d0B_xNYAjWo
youtube.com/watch?v=Atwi-E2rHZU
games.mxdwn.com/news/here-are-the-ceo-2019-tournament-results/
twitter.com/ron_yt0510/status/1150019045535539201?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=vIZyBjE08rM
youtube.com/watch?v=c1E5svHE_d8
youtube.com/watch?v=QkZB6YxtWKI
espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26449232/the-true-story-michael-jordan-brief-promising-baseball-career
intheloop837.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/data-a-look-at-character-diversity-between-the-5-main-smash-games/
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/1077040980254060544?s=19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thank god then

Good

Why is MrWiz so autistically anti-Melee?

why did you ever think it would

>smelly losers make fun of even smellier losers
Smash is and has always been for manchildren. enjoy your mod protected thread, Nintendies

Attached: C21ED797-0B3E-4DA0-AE8B-150B2560DDCC.png (686x554, 462K)

Every sane person is anti-melee

Attached: 1562840146.jpg (491x285, 42K)

Probably not. It's not even about the game or players, most big tourneys just don't want to set up old CRTs.

Fpbp

Good. Fuck Smash and its derivatives

anti-smash, he just loves money

Melee is grassroots and does not get him sponsor money

>over 3,000 entrants!
Imagine the smell

It depends on what other games are available and profittable. BlazBlue and DBFZ are on suicide watch and samsho will be dead after a year, like all SNK games. UNIST will probably be dead after Evo. It's likely that only Tekken 7, ultimate, mortal Kombat, and SFV will live to see next year from the current lineup. So that + the new guilty gear are the only lock-ins for next year. If there is a high enough demand for melee that it becomes profittable, then melee will have a chance to be back.

>UNIST will probably be dead after Evo
I mean it's an Arcsys game so it was dead the second it was born unless its name is Guilty Gear.

Reminder that all anti-smashfags are salty MvCucks

They only got Disney and Capcom to blame.

I wish another old game could be brought back from the dead and be at mainstage Evo. Not necessarily just picrel but any classic arcade fighter that still has a passionate grassroots community, rather than having a lineup of just mainstream fighting games.

Attached: jojoba.png (585x835, 798K)

Its not made by arcsys.

>EVO has been co-opted by large sponsored esports movements.
>Esports is basically just a giant marketing campaign for a game
>Melee is almost 18 years old, and has been out of print for roughly 11 years
There's no money to be made, because there's no game to sell

I wish this childrens' party game would vaporize; all renditions, versions, sequels, and spinoff.

Well okay I'm retarded then. But that explains why Arc's main IPs never sell.

nobody wants to see HungryBox win with Jigglypuff again

>Melee is never coming back to EVO is it.
And nothing of value was lost

Lmao. everyone and i mean EVERYONE in the fgc hates your fucking guts. Smashfags are the most mentally ill bunch of degenerates in the entire video game industry.
Have sex
Take a shower
Get a job
Play a fighting game

Attached: 1560414177248.png (888x894, 520K)

Watch AnimEVO.

> Get a job
>Play a fighting game

Those are mutually exclusive.

>Ancient game
>Setups are a pain in the ass because the community refuses to play on anything that isn't a janky ass CRT
>Nintendo doesn't care about it because it's no longer in print
>The same people win 90% of the time

lose weight
have sex
take a shower
gain height
lift weights
get a clue

>the community refuses to play on anything that isn't a janky ass CRT
What's up with that, anyway? Do melee players really demand tournaments have CRTs ready for them? What difference do they make?

Due to the gamecubes ancient technology theres input lag on non-crt screens.

So its a valid complaint, but its still horrible from a tournament organizer standpoint.

>Imagine if your doctor told you a tumor was never coming back...

Feels pretty good.

Adding on to this, aside from having to get a bunch of CRTs, you have to remember that those things are fucking HEAVY

Smash bros? More like Smash chads.
youtube.com/watch?v=d0B_xNYAjWo

Attached: 61125663_607268223102946_5831988655387411895_n.jpg (595x443, 47K)

Based Nash going over Smashettys before getting raped by a pack of Bulbasaurs.

No more roach infested CRTs.

Based Salem dabbing on Smelees.

Setups are a logistic nightmare and the community is full of entitled shits that don't shower.

But do they have to use actual gamecubes for it?
Can't they just organize tournaments with one of those 20XX mods on PCs or something?

Aren't those thing notorious roach magnets on top of that, so they need to spend several hours fumigating the TVs before they get used?

I don't get why people care, even the meleefags. It was our worst major, Bo3's up to finals when we have smash-only events that now will have both Ultimate and Melee.

Because they're the only ones that require special services and accomodations (not to mention that they were very arrogant to the point where a lot of them where saying "Evo NEEDS Melee" and that "Evo is basically irrevelant for the Melee scene. Then they proceed to shit themselves when Evo kicks them to the curve). Also carrying half-ton boxes gets tiring after a while

They don't, but live in fear of Nintendo fucking them the moment an emulator is shown on screen.

The community wouldn't have it. it's not "CRT-perfect"

From what I hear they refuse using them for actual tournament play
If they weren't such purists, used a mod that fixed the most unfortunate glitches and whatnot then melee would likely be in a much better spot

It'd be nice to have an EVO for old renowned fightan, as long as the funds are there

>3000
more like half of them won't even attend on venue

Nope

It had the most years at evo outside of maybe SF4. There's no reason why it should get any more.

They use old ass TVS for the setup don't they?

hopefully smellee never comes back

of course not
melee sucks

Id rather have SF4 than SF5 to be honest.

Smash doesn't belong at EVO. It's not a fighting game.

Well the head of Evo says otherwise. Plus fighting games these days are a joke.

Sneed

>Must play on CRT and GC
>No modified controllers, except for the "broken" ones that give pros an advantage
>Tournament standard which take twice as long to run a bracket, whine's when organizers won't comply
>Rampant pro player worshiping, Entire community is a literal cult of potmonsters for the """Gods"""".
>Smell like shit
Melee is cancer and not a fighting game.

Attached: 1562363815394.gif (640x360, 803K)

The head of EVO wants money. Smash brings in smelly autists from around the world with stacks of their parent's money to soend hundreds on plushes and used panties of their favorite characters.

>Smash is cancer and not a fighting game.
ftfy

Forgot

>CRTs full of cockroaches

If Melee were a big game by Evo standards, there could be a chance in a future with few new releases. But this year, it's not only Ultimate that's getting good numbers, every game is. So there's no chance for Melee to come back unless something changes drastically.

>WE NEED HEAVY SPECIAL TVS
>ummm this tv doesn't refresh fast enough, get me another!
>No we won't be bathing and yes we will be shitting our pants
>4 hours over our time limit? Sorry, but you're on our time chumps.

I forgot. They have to quarantine all of the smash setups each year to prevent the bugs from infesting the rest of the setups, kek.

Melee is big, it's just not worth the hassle and the volunteers were fed up.

never heard of this one before

>Watching the old shit game instead of new.

I rather go forward than being stagnant. You old fart.

Oh shut the fuck up and face the facts already. EVO doesn't care anymore how big Melee is. It's the same shit every year with Hungrybox, Zero, and Mew2King. Over and over. And guess what? Times change. And they surely don't want to deal with hooking up old crusty computers every year.

The japanese FGC respects the smash community. It's only the western FGC that hates smash, which is mainly just a bunch of niggers led by a gay black furry.

*televisions

Zero doesn't even play melee.

Melee is long past it's prime but UNiB should of been anything else that wasn't melee. Who cares about some generic weeb fighting game that's going to be forgotten about by evo 2020?

He doesn't? Could have sworn he was associated with it.

He played melee at a local level just semi-casually, but he was never a top melee player. He was a brawl/smash 4 player.

Melee is still fucking big for baffling reasons. It's the same crowd that buys into cringy gamer shit and speed-running, and they are fucking everywhere. I've tried building a SF community for 9 years in my city and got a max of like 20 people one time? The melee club at the college has 50+ people every week from what I've been told.

They are being polite. Smash is still treated as a casual console game.

More entrants than dragonball lol

Didn't dragonball stop releasing content for like half a year with half of it's dlc just being Goku?

>all these seething fgcucks still can't get over melee's 15+ years of relevance
enjoy your dead games and communities

Attached: meleeroaches.png (2000x387, 430K)

evo has been shit since marvel 3 and sfiv left it desu
sfv sucks dick, dbz is boring as fuck, tekken 7 is pretty good, but there's so much fucking smash which just wastes time

Yep. Cross Tag Battle and DBF really dropped the ball. When Masahiro Sakurai has made better development choices than entire teams, you know fighting games are going to shit.

funny if true but i'm strongly doubting it

EVO literally hasn't mattered since the year they let injustice in. It's obviously just some retarded cocksuck ploy of getting "fighting game devs" to bid on spots for their games.

jesus christ it boggles my mind that anyone actually played that cocksucking mongoloid injustice garbage. goddamned comic book hero beatemup buttonmasher with fucking terrible game mechanics and butt-tier animations. what a joke.

enjoy not being at EVO, fag

>I've tried building a SF community for 9 years in my city and got a max of like 20 people one time? The melee club at the college has 50+ people every week from what I've been told.
kek this pent up jealousy and rage you have at the melee community is just priceless, reminder that the #1 melee player right now is a chad who has an engineering degree but still chooses to stream and play melee because he wants to do what he loves for a living (and has made well over $100k of tournament winnings alone not counting sponsorships and stream revenue), while the #1 FGC player is a black furry autist who is made fun of by literally every non-fighting game community. FPS games, Fortnite, Rocket League, MOBAS, all of them couldnt care less about smash but they legit love to make fun of sonicfox.
youtube.com/watch?v=Atwi-E2rHZU

Attached: 1562896627405.jpg (1184x1046, 468K)

>wah wah a game i don't like made it in it's all bad now wah wah

>why yes, i do think that CEO is the best fighting game tournament and EVO is a shell of its former self, how did you know?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Melee's CEO fucking sucked compared to Ultimate's. The stream lagged like hell and Melee didn't get mainstage. Plup vs. Wizzrobe was the most hype set but it was losers quarters. It ended with Hbox stalling. Marss switching to captain falcon and taking a game off MKLeo (the only game he dropped while in top 8) was way more hype.

games.mxdwn.com/news/here-are-the-ceo-2019-tournament-results/
>Entries were huge for all the events, but Nintendo’s Super Smash Bro. Ultimate saw the most total at CEO this year at over 1,000 entrants.

Ultimate chads keep on winning baby.

Attached: DxpaPukUYAAcSBh.jpg (1151x1200, 163K)

>caring about smash shit ever
actually lmaoing @ u r lyf

why do meleefags care if he is, if melee is "so big" and can "support itself just fine without evo" then it might as well do so and stop whining about not being at evo, it is pretty hypocritical to shit on everything else at evo and claim that evo needs it and that it don't need evo, but then cry when evo doesn't have it

Go back to your discord

> UNIST will be dead
Too bad a new update is coming.

I think for SamSho this tournament will speak for its future, but it is already incredibly niche compared to everything else no matter how much SNK markets it.

Melee isn’t coming back. Ultimate’s big numbers solidify that if you ask me.

Attached: D7694B7C-1E01-49D7-97EB-67786E233EBB.jpg (1280x640, 61K)

y'all are just mad butthurt that nobody watches your shitty games. Smash alone draws in more views that most of the other games combined.
The FGC is dead, but you're too stubborn to realise it.

> Melee is never coming back to EVO is it.
I hate smash but I hate normalfag trash even more, I would take melee over MK any day.

It's called animevo, shit even has Sailor Moon.
This is very strange, casuals love to complain about combos and how a proper fighting game should be about the neutral and punishing, but when a game like that comes out they all ignore it.

Tell me about meleefags, why do they fear the shower?

Attached: meleefagsworstnightmare.jpg (500x375, 32K)

Day of the Soap

Best day of my life

Can't wait to watch zoning for most of top 64.

>used a mod
>DMCAs your tournament

Attached: SI_GenericNintendo.jpg (2000x1000, 113K)

Olimar got nerfed and Snake's best player quit the game. There's not going to be a lot of zoning.

GG Yth won't be out by evo 2020.

I honestly think next year's lineup will be the same except granblue will replace babytag.

Because Smash players are fucking faggots and aren't part of the FGC.

Not if you keep them in a place without roaches underagefag.

I don't care for smash but half this thread seems salty as fuck just because meleefags don't move on to some newer shit game. That's actually one of the few redeemable things about them

Attached: 1547328928795.webm (600x338, 991K)

NOT AGAIN!

And what glitches would those be? The only "glitch" that should really be fixed is something to equalize all controllers.

LoL, fortnite, overwatch etc would bring in even more money.

>It's the same shit every year with Hungrybox, Zero, and Mew2King. Over and over.
Did you just pick random names you'd heard before

>The japanese FGC respects the smash community
The Japanese FGC is not even aware Smash exists.

most tournaments use Slippi nowadays as a passthrough for way better stream quality but as far as I know they still play on classic hardware with the only modifications usually being UCF.

CEO had some very annoying issues this year. Frankly Combo Breaker was just better.

>caring about Evo
>in 2019

EVO is a corporate event, there's no way anything as old as the fucking JJBA game or even something like 3rd strike will ever make its way onto the main stage unless Capcom REALLY wants to push it. not to mention I doubt Capcom even has the rights to JJBA anymore with CC2 making their kusoge.

The top FCG guy literally only plays shitty NRS fighting games. He tried to get big in DBZ but Japanese completely raped him.

>Snake's best player quit the game
Sm4sh Bayo was a mistake.

"Mistake" was also a Smash 4 Bayo player.

>The top FCG guy literally only plays shitty NRS fighting games
But neither Daigo nor Tokido play NRS games.

kek what a bitch

Hasn't Punk bodied him in Mahvel?

>having sto store and haul around hundreds of heavy-ass CRTs
>having to find where to store them all since they take up that much more space
>having to deal with shit like fucking roaches crawling in them and whatever the fuck they do in there

today I will remind them.

Attached: Melee BTFO 2.png (1846x384, 143K)

Why does a 20 year old game deserve a spot at a fighting game tournament that has historically promoted modern/current games?

Remember when tr4sh/ultimatefags tried to push the stink meme, and then every other community branded all smashfags as stinky?

ouch

Based Kermit

>had to update his copypasta because his last one got btfo
Pretty funny

>btfos every "smash is a solved game" faggot

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Maybe if the low-lag monitors actually get accepted by the community (slim chance).

The biggest hurdle is having to haul in dozens of CRT setups that are a whole lot more work than any other game needs

stay down

Attached: MELEE BTFO 3.png (1350x535, 210K)

>playing melee, SFV, or weebshit
Ya'll brought this retardation upon yourselves.

lol ill dab on your corpse when catherine full body returns to EVO next year

Attached: 1498530746129.png (141x176, 35K)

>I take my opinions from reddit
You should've stayed there.

>kicks them to the curve

At least Catherine is fun too watch and the players know how too clean themselves.

T. Salty capcomfag
Stay mad, all those games are shit and go play something better such as tekken.

Imagine limiting yourself to only one game. How pitiful of an existence that must be. How would you fend off the desire to kill yourself every day? You're no better than a console warrior, i.e. a toddler who shits himself regularly.

reddit opinions AND tekken bandwagoning? /r/kappa come get your mans

fgcucks endlessly suck the dick of their incompetent developers and whine and complain about REAL FIGHTAN GAMEEEZZZ not getting the attention they deserve, games they've never played for a second
Meanwhile melee chads have kept their game going for 16 years, through 3 iterations of the series and a mod

I can't believe Melee will die in my lifetime.

Attached: aww.gif (200x200, 18K)

>melee chads
Never gets old.

>Anti-melee.

The game was at EVO for 7 goddamn years after winning a charity bid. Shut the fuck up.

Melee might be at its strongest right now actually. EVO isn't really such a big deal when there's tons of major tournaments filled with new contenders. The old gods are slowly cycling out and it's a much more interesting metagame

>and a mod
A mod that was specifically made to cater to them and even that wasn't enough.

You think the melee's best players getting bored of it is a sign that it's at its strongest?

>it's a much more interesting metagame

Attached: 1CD81ABB-2789-40E8-942B-05891A52AACD.png (405x360, 207K)

A lot of top melee players played Project M. Armada at one point was regularly winning Project M tournaments alongside being the #1 Melee player. The game just got banned from being streamed because it wasnt monetizable on twitch, and the prizepools for majors was pitiful compared to that of melee's, which is still not great.

Eh, dude, Zero is from the Brawl/Sm4sh era, so wrong calling.

But yeah, times do change and thus eventually people have to move on. Let's be glad Ultimate has a ton of things that Melee actually got while working on way better patches and balances than what Melee, Brawl or Sm4sh would ever get, which both make the game better for fun and for actual competition.

Mommy told them no footsies in the shower.
They do not know how to play that.

Hbox killed the game by being a cunt

tell me, where is the 1v1 fox only final destination meme? Shouldn't melee be a solved game? Why hasn't a fox won a single major tournament this year?

Attached: 2019-07-13 16_23_07-Major Tournaments_ Melee - Liquipedia Smash Wiki.png (358x259, 27K)

I don't think armada retiring after 12 years was him "being bored" he just wanted to be regarded as one of the greatest of all time and he did that. Mango and M2k on the other hand are just falling behind and can't keep up with the new competiton

It absolutely is, when you have pikachu and captain falcon winning majors in 2019 that's obviously a huge shift to the game. The game has changed so much that the "fox only" meme is almost always false, top 8s usually have 5-6 different characters now

What's this supposed to mean?

The #1 player in the world only won 3/7 tournaments this year, meanwhile a captain falcon player managed to win a supermajor and a pikachu player managed to win summit(the most prestigious smash event). A falcon hasn't won a supermajor in over a decade, while until now a pikachu has never won a major period.

b-but smash isn't a fighting game..................

>manchildren
Yeah, unlike the mature games for mature adults I play.

Falling through the stage stuff, adding the stalling limit as an actual thing in the game and something with chaingrabs for iceclimbers.
Stuff most of the community can agree on. I believe they did this kind of thing with 64 as well?

everyone knows that fox isn't the big meta pick anymore.

>hungrybox and jigglypuff
>healthy

>this thread

Attached: 1562257617867.gif (931x682, 426K)

>Why does the fighting game community hate a non fighting game that has such a shitty community that even other people within the non fighting genre hate

Someone could write a novel worth of text explaining this to you but it would probably be a lost cause

I think they only mod n64 to allow time limit during stock matches.

Falling through the stage almost never happens and wobbling can just easily be banned by the tournament rather than changing the game code.

Remember you're talking about the community that complained about controllers not working right, then received a mod that fixed controllers, THEN kept complaining that the mod doesn't feel right. There's literally no way to please the melee community

why does everyone talk about melee despite seeming to not like it very much? just don't talk about it then

No it's never coming back and I’m glad.

Let the new generation come into ultimate and push fucks like mew2king and Zero off into obscurity like they deserve. Melee is stagnant and has been for a long time

>Melee is stagnant and has been for a long time

melee is as fresh as ever. Pikachu and Captain Falcon just won majors back to back and there's tons of new top contenders

mad fag

nah MK sucks, MK11 is already comatose and it came out just a few months ago

I mean, why would it? It's a very old game and new fighting games are made all of the time.

lol

>Pikachu and Captain Falcon just won majors
By doing what, exactly? How differently were these two characters played from how they've been played the last decade? How much has their meta actually changed? How is it a sign that the meta is changing and not that Fox has just been figured out?

nice retort brain genius

i don't need a retort when you're living in fantasy land

it's mainly just tekken trannies who are in a discord. The western tekken community absolutely despises smash bros. as a whole, let alone melee. It's funny considering Super Street Fighter II Turbo has more depth than any tekken game but the tekken community likes to pretend it doesn't exist because they have an inferiority complex towards street fighter, so they lash out at any other game like smash because it's an easy target for them.

Non-meme answer: EVO is done with old games and wants to focus on the new games.

You want Melee back at EVO, work with the ST/3S/MvC2 guys to make EVO Classic a thing.

It's ok, I'll just wait a few years for this one to inevitably be btfo as well, at which point Kermit user will try to cover his ass again.

Why do you guys even want Melee back at EVO? I thought the game was too big to fail at this point. It doesn't need EVO anymore.

Good. There’s only enough room for one stench.

>unexpected characters are the only hype thing about Ultimate
it's getting old at this point
Nairo's random Robin/Dark Pit, Salem's Shulk, Shuton's Richter, etc.
happens every tournament, but the actual gameplay isn't very interesting

FUCK OFFFFFFFF

Good.

Attached: meleefags.jpg (800x591, 45K)

Because body wash bottles are items

>Comatose
>2nd highest entrants at CEO (Behind Ultimate), literally the most recent major

>you will never be as angry and spergy as this dude

Attached: 1554083485417.jpg (400x388, 70K)

Oh, I thought you were gonna say dumb shit like wavedashing. Yeah that would be cool (except I don't think the community is agreed on wobbling.)

The biggest problem is honestly logistical. It's veeeery difficult to get an entire community to agree on a way to modify their game in a standardized way.

The main difference between falcon players now and falcon players 10 years ago is that falcon players are quitting the balls to the wall gameplay that they're known for, and focusing more on optimizing their neutral, tech chases, and punish game. They're playing safer and more effective, rather than high-octane just for the sake of being "sick." The only top pikachu player is Axe, and his story is just that of being extremely good at the game and slowly improving over the course of many years. The thing with Axe though is that he's good with literally every character, so he knows very well the strengths and weaknesses of each matchup.

Isn't it safe to assume a lot of those entrants are also Melee players.
I mean, that's more players than Melee and Smash 4 ever had combined. Surely there's some overlap.

Attached: 1502674142101.jpg (406x347, 16K)

Fellow Boomer

Attached: F95C998B-FB21-4825-BFC3-F3CFA6A8D3E5.jpg (636x795, 115K)

So Falcon players are being less retarded and Pikachu just has its own Hungrybox?

>By doing what, exactly?
I'm not going to pretend to know the specific interactions between top level players that make it possible. But characters that haven't won majors in over a decade, (or ever, in pikachu's case) totally shits on your 'stagnant game' analysis

>How is it a sign that the meta is changing and not that Fox has just been figured out

That's the point, Fox isn't the main point of the meta anymore.

Axe went through Marth, Falco, 3 sets of Falcon, and 1 Fox to win Smash Summit

Wizzrobe went through Sheik, Falcon, Fox, Yoshi, and Puff to win Smash n Splash

You can't just rely on Fox knowledge to win when everyone is playing different characters, Majors usually have 2 foxes tops anymore. Sorry that it's not 2010 anymore and you can't use your stale final destination fox only meme to try to shit on melee without any actual knowledge of it

The only thing worse than smelly smashfags are the seething smelly FCGfags

Change my mind

Why not using a Wii? I mean they can use component cables that don't cost a fucking fortune, or there's still input lag on Wii-to-HDTV connections?

They do use Wii, but it has the same input lag problem as GC

I played both smash and traditional fightan at my regional major 2 weeks ago and didn't particularly notice much BO anywhere desu

>final evo registration numbers get released on Sunday
I hope the gap between dbfz and sc6 isn't too big. It's such a good fighter, deserves better support from bamco.

This is a good post, and I don't like seeing it ignored.

brainlet

should have*

It’s a platform fighter. It’s a valid fighting game, even if it’s not a traditional one.

Smash is a fighting game, but Smash is NOT the FGC.

There's a big difference.

Universal controller fix is a mod that puts 99% of controllers on an even playing field, and wobbling is banned. Idk but its obvious that nobody in this thread actually follows melee at all.

t. 16er

That means fuckall. MK wasn't "fgc" approved until 9 yet it's everywhere now. Just another excuse to shit on something

Even so, you can't really deny that the Smash community and the FGC are two different communities with very little overlap.

It's to the point where they have completely different terms for the same goddamn things ("recovery" becomes "endlag", "mirrors" becomes "dittos", "empty jumps" becomes "tomahawks" for some fucking reason (I will never understand this one)).

Also I play both Smash and traditional fighters before you accuse me of anything.

Do they still have meaties?

Unironically based

I have never heard anyone in the Smash community say "meaties".

yeah? you're telling me if you had a choice to not play SF5 and stick with USF4 you wouldnt? yeah shut up faggot

What do they call attacks timed to hit immediately on wake up then? Do they not have those in Smash?

Does anyone actually like watching mkleo win every tournament? Doesn't that shit get old?

Mama Mia

>Not Surprisey-Wiseys

They do but you're more likely to hear "late hit" or "lingering hitbox".

Yes and no.

Why is it that people who are the most vocal about hating melee also the same ones who end up knowing absolutely nothing about it?

no, but people exaggerate how much he wins. he got 4th at GOML not too long ago, and 33rd at some Japanese tournament.

That's because Japanese smash players are actually good and aren't cowards who refuse to play with hazards
twitter.com/ron_yt0510/status/1150019045535539201?s=19

>people actually acting like melee won't be back next year

they just took the free ultimate money

>It’s a platform fighter

Platform Brawler because it really doesn't follow the rules of a fighting game that it's basically it's own genre.

Attached: 1552325889409.png (1000x917, 377K)

Aren't Brawlers another word for beat em ups? Like Streets of Rage and Final Fight?

you do realize despite using stage hazards on they also have an extremely conservative and small stage list in comparison right?

Jigglypuff isn't banned yet?

Play more games you fucking fanboy. I bet you just saw a clip of tekken and heard people saying "GOOD ASS TEKKEN" and now fanboy only one game. Sad

Are you okay eric

Doesn't even matter because western events have a small list as well but won't use hazards because of laziness

I've never nor heard anyone called them that. Besides, Smash can have up to eight players at the same time. Put that in a fighting game and the balance would instantly fall apart.

>Put that in a fighting game and the balance would instantly fall apart.
They could try
youtube.com/watch?v=vIZyBjE08rM

that has always been a weak argument. Smash is way bigger in scope than the average fighting game and has more options with more shit to do. It's similar to fps in that regard where you have to limit the scope to get to the competitive modes. Nobody bitches at competitive csgo for only being 3 maps or not playing capture the flag

N-no, it's not fair. I wanted to watch Hbox stall for 9 minutes every match!

Smash should never be treated as a competitive game its retarded

>ban 90% of stages and strategies
>still shit

>it's shit because i say so

>Ultimate gives you the option to make stages viable
retard

Stay seething smashtards and play a real fighting game

Attached: hhgkhg.jpg (309x298, 21K)

See you at EVO next year

Is smash players being a bunch of smelly autists a meme or an actual thing

>that has always been a weak argument

It's not a fighting game user, Smash is it's own genre because the rules are way different than what other fighting games are. Smash is closer to those wrestling games that a fighting game.

youtube.com/watch?v=c1E5svHE_d8

Attached: Saturday Night Slam Masters.png (823x480, 836K)

The Nintendo fanbase in general holds a huge population of autists, it makes sense some of them would crossover into the smash scene.

An actual thing. Look it up on any search engine, and you’ll see tweets of smelee players, and some even shitting themselves
youtube.com/watch?v=QkZB6YxtWKI

Can confirm. Hazardless Pokémon Stadium sucks, but for some reason, people won’t allow it, when competitive Melee does

It's a meme by assblasted FGC players

Smash players are generally chill old school gamers who keep to themselves

there is no hazardless pokemon stadium in melee

H-less PS doesn’t transform, so what I mean

BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED
one smash is enough

it's real but exaggerated

t. post revival fag

This

>EVO Classic
It needs to happen. Interest in older games has only grown, and basically every modern franchise has earlier entries with more mechanically interesting gameplay at high level.

every single "nerd gathering" has smell problems but smashfags are obnoxious weirdos so they get called out for it more. Basically it's low hanging fruit

>TTT revival

please

Attached: asdas.gif (500x239, 2M)

>mvc2
>third strike
>garou
would LOVE it

The dude who shat himself was a smash ultimate player.

kof 98, CVS2 also would be sick

Attached: EXPAND.png (537x483, 126K)

knew i was forgetting something

Players only care about prize pools. To make it interesting you'd have to have a big enough prize pool to incentivize people to travel to it.

EVO is an advertisement for games more than anything. No game dev or TO is going to put up a big prize pool for multiple old ass games nobody plays or practices anymore

Attached: db8.jpg (364x344, 18K)

I never understood this about tournyfags. There's so many good games to play out there and they choose to autistically grind out one game over and over. For what, prize money that won't keep you afloat in the long run?

>all these normies hating smash players

Fuck off

why do you think grinding a bunch of other games and playing for absolutely no money that won't even cover your gas money is better?

Why are Meleefags so autistically anti-baths?

the smash players are the normies you idiot, the ones who watch cause "oh boy I love Nintendo! and I can play these games cause I'm a scrub who can't learn how to throw a hadouken!"

bathroom stage was banned for not being flat and straight

>normalfag smashtard who can't into command inputs throwing rocks in his glass house without a shower or bath
as expected

because they're actually aren't that many good games or you might like this one game more than the rest. It's like asking why would somebody only play golf when there are a billion sports

So where are those guys who argued with me for hours about how Melee was going to put a boot in Ultimate's ass because it was just Smash 4.5?

I have a job, I don't need them to cover for my money

Melee is a patrician game

FGC are a bunch of normie cunts who love le epic meme fatalities or hadouken

ok, well these "tourneyfags" job is playing these games, and they're not going to take a pay reduction just so you can clap your hands like a seal at a 20 year old game nobody gives a shit about

keep telling yourself that while your game goes down the drain and you refuse to adapt

keep telling yourself fool

>fuck melee thread turns into arcsoy zoomies hating all old fighting games

Attached: E29C945E-70C4-4640-B338-5B68A4EB2300.jpg (676x417, 58K)

lmao melee is growing, it has bigger prize pools than basically any other FGC game except SF5 and it doesn't even have developers shoving money at it like SF5

user I'm not talking about melee, I'm talking about trying out other games besides the one game they're good at. All you play is Street Fighter, why not try out Counterstrike or Unreal Tournament? Maybe Baldurs's Gate or FF6 if you want to try RPG's. Starcraft 1 and GunZ are fun if you want stuff with a little higher skill ceiling. There's so much more out there.
>ok, well these "tourneyfags" job is playing these games
Unless you're some big shot how sustainable is this, let's be real. How do you plan on getting a job at 40 or 50 when you're getting losses out of the ass in the new fighting game that just came out and is being no-lifed by the current year NEETs?

I don't know how true that is when at EVO only 8 players land in the money, and even then only the top 4 are likely to make more than 500 bucks unless Capcom's throwing into the pot.

Maybe top top players only care about prize pools, but most of those that care about older games are in it for the clout and the community.

Good, so now you can stand independently from EVO instead of stinking up the place.

??? that's like saying why don't NBA stars take a year off to practice baseball.

These tournament players are trying to perform at their best and they can't practice two completely different genres of games at high level while expecting to place well

>Unless you're some big shot how sustainable is this, let's be real. How do you plan on getting a job at 40 or 50 when you're getting losses out of the ass in the new fighting game that just came out and is being no-lifed by the current year NEETs?

I don't think it's sustainable at all, but a pro player is going to try to maximize their winnings and beat the NEET no-lifers while they're at their prime, they don't do that by durdling around and playing starcraft inbetween street fighter tournaments

anime players compensate the lack of swamp ass wafting through the venue enough. you think they play in bathrooms for le irony? heh

why are melee people havingn mental breakdowns and crying over it not being in 1 tournament then? is it because they're sociopaths who will do literally anything to get what they want?

Based

thank god

you have, what, 10+ OTHER smash ONLY events!? fuck the fuck off! i don't see that many SF or Tekken ONLY events!

Doesn't seem like a fun way to live and sounds like it's gonna fuck them over in the long run and suck out all the enjoyment from video games but to each their own I suppose

They play actual fighting games so they stink less. :^)

apart from the week it was announced i haven't heard anyone complain about not being at EVO. The players were complaining about the way they ran melee at EVO for years, and there's dozens of smash-specific tournament.

It truly isn't that big of a deal to 99% of the community, despite your idea that 20 loudmouth nobodies on twitter are the entire melee community

it's real

Attached: smelee.jpg (588x570, 80K)

arcsoys smell no different from smashfags despite bathing themselves in axe spray like their idol jiyuna. wish they’d be quarantined into their own corner away from the capchads.

>capchads
kek

:(

Attached: 1535731257726.png (99x80, 8K)

This is the main reason, followed by the need for different hardware. Ultimate makes an easy excuse to cut Melee since they can say "but smash is still represented"

Because it's actually played, you retards. This was the whole original argument when Melee returned in that charity event-- people were claiming Skullgirls "deserved it" despite the fact the scene basically did not exist except a handful of players that ran tiny side tournaments. People wouldn't travel for it. I mean fuck, NRS games are only held up by the massive support the devs give it to make it fiscally rewarding to play otherwise it too would be completely dead competitively.

I agree with you 100% here. It doesn't need EVO. EVO is a status thing, but Melee has a ton of supermajors without it and honestly due to the limitations EVO brings, it will never be fun with the fidelity the community wants, such as 3/5 sets for more than just finals.

There are passionate payers who choose to competitively compete and spend pretty much all their free time one game to become the best they can be, which is a cool thing to do.

But then there are people who autsitically play one game or games from one developer out of sheer fanboy ism and don't even place well or at all in competition. This is the one that becomes embarrassing because at least with the single game competitors, they respect and watch other fighting games but with the fanboys they are mentally incapable of entertaining other games

EVO never brought Melee back from the dead. Brawl being shit did.

Attached: tekken.jpg (1080x2021, 453K)

I've been seeing that E logo around lately. What is that?

Yeah I should have said. A lot of twitter users kinda changed their pfps to Etika's or overlayed it on top of theirs as way to commemorate for his passing.

Etika's logo iirc

>Went to a local at Xanadu
>By 10 the place started smelling like french fries

It was the logo of Etika from the Etika World Network, he killed himself a few weeks ago. He was a huge smash/nintendo fag.

Attached: 1531862116118.jpg (500x407, 148K)

>tfw worked comfy part time for 5 months with a lot of free time
>going back to wage slaving 60 hour weeks starting in August

I will only be able to enjoy EVO on the Sunday

I want to crumble into dust

Attached: Gran 2L.png (696x522, 14K)

Oh, so it's Etika's logo. I know of his passing, it was all over the net, but didn't know it was his logo.

There was no Tekken at that event

Attached: capture.png (333x610, 59K)

there was also no smash.

like, just how?
how do you even mentally fuck yourself so much that you can't willpower your way out of "NEW SMASH CHARACTERS, I NEED TO LIVE TO SEE THESE!"

fuck, banjo trailer dropped and then Etika drops? like, fuck man. you don't get to experience it! what a waste.

Gaming events stink in general I don't know why Smash gets singled out so hard

blazblue players are basically smash players

I get you man, I still don't understand what exactly pushed him to fucking KILL HIMSELF, remove his life when he had so much stuff to look forward to, there's probably a lot we don't know.

I see a lot of opinions here, from Yea Forums.
A pace that notoriously isn't FGC.

Tell me, Yea Forums, when was the last time you went out of your house to go play fighting games with your friends?
When was the last time you paid for a plane ticket to fly across half the world just to hang with people you could play with, and afterwards grab a bite with them?
When was the last time that you engaged in your fighting game COMMUNITY?
Why is it that all you do, is play fighting games online, on PC, in your dark little room, completely alone?

Tell me Yea Forums, if you can.
You have destroyed so much.
What is it exactly, that you have created?
Can you name even one thing?
I thought not.

Attached: 346346.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

100% serious here-- because of Yea Forums. Yea Forums has always hated competitive Melee (in fact this is the nicest it's ever been to the idea of it) and so a lot of fact/fiction gets mixed in and they push it hard. The guy shitting on himself (which was supposedly an Ultimate player)? Sourced from a rando on Twitter who was called out for never being at the event in the first place. Other stuff is just randomly made up.

Nerds stink. I've been to some tournaments with players that reeked. In multiple games. Yea Forums doesn't go to any tournaments. They are less hostile to stuff like GG or SF, but then they still are total scrubs and can't play those at all.

Too smelly

Why shouldn't he be? Why should any sane person be pro-Melee?

Melee players refuse to play on anything other than CRTs. CRTs are, among other things, getting harder and harder to find and are heavier than flat-screen TVs. This issue could be solved if Melee fags would switch to Dolphin, but then that requires tournament organizers to supply hundreds of Gamecube controller port to USB adapters that Meleefags will refuse to use because they'll say it adds input latency or some other such bullshit.

Even if Meleefags accepted that, there's still the issue of less than 1% of Gamecube controllers being considered competitively viable because they're technically malfunctioning. Assuming MrWiz allows your autistic asses the use of the Smash turn fix code to prevent that, the very fact that your game needs to be MODIFIED to satisfy your retarded asses makes your community look like the absolute fucking joke that it is.

But hey, let's ignore all of that and say that you Meleetards agree to play on Dolphin with USB adapters and with the Smash turn fix code. None of it matters because the top 8 will be exactly the same as every other Melee top 8 and nobody, NOBODY wants to fucking see Hungrybox time people out as Jigglypuff anymore. It especially doesn't matter because Meleefags, more than any other fighting game community, has no clue what constitutes basic goddamn hygiene practices. Believe it or not, soap, shampoo, and deodorant are not lethal to you.

Your game has had more than its fair share of time at Evo, more than it honestly fucking deserves. It's over, shut the fuck up and sit down.

Attached: kermit-the-frog.jpg (3000x2000, 3.28M)

It really is funny seeing someone who knows nothing about melee make these kind of comparisons embarrassing.

>Melee is never coming back to EVO
Melee is one of my favourite games; but,
Why would it? Melee is nearly twenty years old and has been cut. If the next Smash game is shit like Brawl, they will bring back Ultimate instead. Melee won't get brought back unless the US government straight up bans Japanese fighting games to appease roasties and Mortal Kombat to appease Jack Thompson types leaving nothing else but Rivals of Aether, capeshit, and Divekick.

Attached: nakoruru7.jpg (744x833, 337K)

Thank you for being you, Kermit user

>ill just make a bunch of shit up
Absolutely pathetic. If melee really was so shit you wouldnt have to reach this hard.

>Its an old game therefore it should be shut down
Retarded kermit dickrider, stop telling us that when ultimate still has
>less movement options than fucking brawl
>0 depth to gameplay
>removed staple features like SDIing
>has tournaments where the only players are Snake and Olimar
Shit like this is exactly why I stick to Project M, at least that game knows how to cater to real fans.

Attached: 1451910165646s.jpg (250x190, 7K)

thing is, i knew OF him, but i never watched his shit.

fuck man, if there was anything stopping me from killing MYSELF, its the sheer prospect that gaming can be better than it is now. its "fun" but nothing like 3rd through 6th gen shit.

>meleefags insufferable for the better part of 2 decades
>surprised when nobody wants them around
i wish i was this oblivious and socially inept, ignorance really is bliss

I went to the first fighting game tournament i have ever been to. I signed up for dbfz, and smash. Dbfz day, everything was fine. Smash day? It smelt like shit. The TO had to repeatedly say over the announcement system that they'd get thrown out of the venue if people didn't learn to stay out of the womens bathroom.

Smashers are disgusting.
I got fourth in dbfz btw, went 0-2 in smash though so make of that what you will.

>smashfags spitting and sputtering and can't deny the truth so they start WHATABOUTing

stop lying you fuck
>less movement option than Brawl
It has directional airdodges (and as a consequence wavelanding), dash cancelling, pivot boosting, and boost grabbing.
Brawl has DACUS and boost grabbing. That's it
>0 depth
see above
>The only players are Snake and Olimar
THE BEST SNAKE just quit the scene, and the best Olimars are wither not getting as good results post 3.1.0 or stuck in Japan
Have fun with your gimmick riddled mess of edited models that constantly clip and break fag

smash in general is zoomer shit.

save us kermit user

>itt

Attached: 1447880435972.png (624x628, 81K)

>anything I don't like is for zoomers and shit

These are getting increasingly pathetic. How many paragraphs of fedora-tier prose does this guy need to write before le epic Yea Forums hate machine bandwagoners realize this guy is a retard who doesn't know what he's talking about? I can't wait for the epic, and this time TOTALLY FINAL "Smash BTFO 4" a year from now.

>old game? bad
>playing games optimally? BAD
>consistent players instead of artificial underdog victories enabled by overhauled mechanic patches and comeback mechanics? BADBADBAD
quality post retard
cant wait to see it regurgitated on the usual anime fighting game circlejerks

He has always disliked that evo became a fighting game tournament and not a capcom games tournament.

nice pasta

but they would NEVER use a fucking emulator for a tournament setting. you'd be an idiot, posting a green frog anyway, to say that shit.

I can literally feel you trembling with rage every time you make these posts lol

Why do smash fags want to be included in Evo so much? No one would hate them if they cared about fighting games at all

When will you niggers stop crying melee. Melee is literally for niggers only and only niggers cry about it.

Attached: 1552954295223.jpg (1080x1080, 229K)

Only one seething is you my guy. You chose not to refute anything and spent too long typing the equivalent of "lol u mad"

I accept your concession.

who is this?

Quite amusing that Mahvel despite running for like 10 years on EVO never made that huge fuzz

People use emulators in tournaments all the fucking time, what are you talking about? It's not optimal, but if you want to play really obscure shit few people have physical copies of like Japanese Sailor Moon or Tatsunoko vs Capcom you sometimes have to.

Holy basedola!

WE DON'T NEED EVO
But let us play there again pls

my gf that i keep bleaching

Attached: 35b744ed.jpg (1080x1349, 136K)

No. Because it’s dying out.
>Community extremely toxic
>Melee has majors MONTHLY while other fighting games only have EVO
>The top 8 is always the same with maybe 1 or 2 variables
I’m so glad UNIST replaced Melee, but to be honest, I think the new SamSho is such a slow and boring fucking game with no soul. So in an ideal world, Melee or Mahvel 3 would replace SamSho.

>Must play on CRT and GC
You can play on wii too
>No modified controllers except for broken ones
See UCF and Slippi, you obviously have that flawed kermit image saved and use it religiously
>Tournament standard which takes twice as long
Do you mean best 3/5?
>Rampant pro player worshipping
3 of the 5 gods don't play the game anymore
>Smell like shit
meme
You are retarded and need to get actual melee criticisms.

Because it's just another chance for more Melee play. That's it, really.

because they are stinky.

Melee players don't really give a shit about Evo nowadays.
Evo brought a shitload of fresh blood into the scene, but we don't need it anymore. Smash-only tournaments are getting playercounts just as big. Evo has too many games for best of 5, so fuck it

Dude literally writes polemics against people for playing video games wrong lol

They finally closed the lid on that, why bring it back?

pls user, i need names

Attached: 1505351680811.gif (512x446, 265K)

Actually it's mostly flashcarts or collections.

PC ports or emulators are rarely used.

whats there to refute? whole post is literally ‘i dont like how people enjoy this game and it needs to STOP’
the controller glitch issue is literally a nonissue that could be solved by a ban. holy fuck stop being a retard.

nicki minaj

Attached: 1543366072293.jpg (1080x1350, 180K)

It is also valid for tournaments to drop them due to outrageous demands

This. I was fine with Melee until I really looked into how their community sees and acts at tournaments that include multiple games on top of Melee.
I will never fucking forget how they booed off GGXRD top 8 players during CEO2015. Or how that same tournament they stole all the seats for XRD top 8. So the fucking audience was almost entirely smelly retards looking at their phones or shouting retarded Melee shit to eachother. Meanwhile any fans of XRD had to huddle in a corner watching the stream.
I. Was. There.

imagine thinking it's "disrespectful" to not care about random niche games like UNIST and Samurai Shodown

there is no point if you have to spend millions to get rid of the odor

>Needs to find one example from 4 years ago to hate melee

how is melee not niche?

>I will never fucking forget how they booed off GGXRD top 8
based
xturd is already 90% forgotten in favor of the latest arcsoy fotm kuso unlike melee btw

I really love UNIST, and it’s played VERY heavily at my local. UNIST is essentially like Blazblue used to be.
>Skill ceiling not too high or too low
>Complex combos do more damage but don’t drag on for 30 seconds at a time
>No infinites or 0-Death combos
>GRD system incentivizes changing your playstyle to beat out your opponent.
It’s magical. Please play it people.

if you didn't notice the mvc community has fucking died with the release of infinite which only strengthens meleefags' point

Attached: 1559434410897.jpg (480x700, 59K)

If all smash player did was "not caring" there wouldn't be any problem
instead they actively boo other games out of stage and shit in the swimming pool

I didn’t find it. I saw it with my own fucking eyes. Read more and go back to bullying 14 year olds because they can beat your top players on reddit fag.

I'd rather not associate with anime players

>booed off
Literally didn't happen. They said melee was coming up but then got delayed or something like that. Melee fans booed that not the game or players. How this meme has lived on so long I'll never know.

What the FUCK bros.

Come on melee chads, bring your crabs and remember to throw them during ultimate to show how much we deserve melee back!

Attached: 1383078047039[1].jpg (616x462, 31K)

>Xturd
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO r/Kappa RIGHT NOW BITCH NIGGA

Attached: C0FC2BE2-320D-443F-96F7-0367E61B8490.jpg (480x479, 43K)

How can they when BB players play fighting games?

infinite was going to never be played by fucking compfags. ever.

or normal people for that matter, even THEY knew it was shit.

Of course not you would have to be a fucking idiot to think a 18 year old fighting game is going to have any real relevancy now. Its just gonna stay in memory now as one of the old greats like SF2 or MvC2.

Attached: 1535305185172.png (345x325, 164K)

They still stole seats and didn’t respect XRD’s players whatsoever.
I also recall a smash player shitting in the hotel pool that same year.

How many people actually make good money playing fighting games? It seems like its pretty much impossible, unlike other esports.

>muh reddit
Smash Ultimate players bullied a 15 year old though. You are saying false things about the situation. It doesn't matter whether you found it or saw it, is that one incident enough to make you turn on the entire Smash Community?

Yea, the smash community is so nice to 14 year olds! They date them and dick them down while being 50% older.

Wrong the digital to analog pipeline for GameCube is very fast. A crt with a GameCube is gonna be alot faster than your gaymen rig attached to the fastest tn meme monitor on the market. Being good at melee requires frame perfect timing and that is very difficult to do on newer platforms.

>more made up bullshit
Get a fucking life fag.

Again, the Smash Ultimate community did that. Melee players didn't.

The one thing I dislike about this game is how easy it is for a lot of characters to corner carry you, not even from kid screen but from the other corner. Wagner's corner carry game in particular is insane if she catches you on a jump in. It makes things a little too much turn based, but I do really enjoy watching competitive sets

Because is an unbalanced broken game where there is only 4 maybe 5 playable characters. Where if you choice anyone else. You lost already

Stop saying incorrect things. There may not be perfect balancing but you are able to win with about 7-8 characters and get far with 13-14 characters.

I seriously doubt uni will die anytime soon. It's pretty much the only game that has grown in the last couple years(even prior to evo announcement) I'm pretty sure it's going to drop a LOT of numbers and entrants after evo, but I'm pretty hopeful.

that's the point. A pillar of the fgc is just gone now, maybe forever, due to 1 shitty release. There is something extremely wrong with that

Attached: 1539364697154.gif (540x360, 1.62M)

yipes was fucking persia when she was still a teen and nobody talks about that

That crab actually saved melee though

today i will remind them

Attached: melee-national-results-2017.png (636x424, 99K)

I would also like to add that if by, "get far," you refer to somewhere in the top 100 of tournaments, then any character can do that. A Game & Watch, one of the bottom 8 characters, main managed to get top 50 at a major.

>that's like saying why don't NBA stars take a year off to practice baseball.

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26449232/the-true-story-michael-jordan-brief-promising-baseball-career

>"I swear, he was going to the majors."
-Curt Bloom

I feel like you should have gone with a food analogy.

seething.

Attached: brawl-national-results.png (636x424, 112K)

and scene

Attached: smash-4-national-results1.png (636x424, 126K)

Doesn't the most recent tier list have Fox as an SS-tier, same as Meta Knight?

Is there a chart for Ultimate? Won't mean much since it hasn't even been a year, but I'm curious to see it anyway.

Unsourced graphs, and what does, "national results" even mean?
The most recent official melee tier list was made in 2015 and the meta has evolved to such a point that most pro players made their own and say it's incorrect. Fox has never had the same level of dominance as meta knight either. He isn't as extremely broken too.

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-03-30-00h52m38s847.png (1280x738, 1.45M)

>all these seething summer replies
Imagine actually yelling at factual information because your favorite 30+ year old "GOD" is upset about their ancient party game of choice getting denied a spot

>Melee is Grass Roots you don't understand
>35 fucking entries at the side tourney at EVO
OH NONONONONONONONO

Attached: 1540797855052.gif (400x225, 1.84M)

>20% of the players in this chart played the game for 15 minutes

waw

Based frog.

>unsourced
you know goddamn well its true, but here you go intheloop837.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/data-a-look-at-character-diversity-between-the-5-main-smash-games/

guys im gonna post kermit and a really long paragraph please dont actually read it just screencap it and post it on r/kappa oh god please just do it I need ecred so fucking bad I even registered for UNIST

Shut the fuck up Meleefag.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
MELEE IS PERFECT PERFECT

BUT THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY BAN YOU FROM GRABBING THE LEDGE MULTIPLE TIMES

What the fuck is a "r/kappa"? Sounds like some fucking zoomer retard bullshit.

That kermit post is 90% misinformation. Also why would there be a huge melee side event? There are multiple tournaments in the summer, especially in July and August. Most of the top melee players don't have a reason to go to fly out to it when they could go to the numerous other melee tournaments?

*vappas*

>over 3000 entrants
*sniffs*
*keels over and dies*

>group of people play a game they like
>sequels never quite rekindle the magic so they keep on playing it
>keep on playing it for near 20 years, they're having so much fun
>use their legitimate right to a vote to champion their game, because they still love playing it
>just want to have fun their own way
This breaks the FGCnigger's brain.

desu this is more of an interesting positive for smash 4 than an indictment of melee because plenty of fighting games that were loved only usually have 4-5 viable characters in the top 8.

Hell, 3rd strike really only has 2 and a half (Chun-li, yun and special guest ken).

The real problem with melee is it's boring as fuck, takes forever, requires CRTs and it's fans are literally garbage piles who only want to be in EVO to vacuum up the prestige built by people who actually take part in the FGC and built it up from the ground level.

They want all of the glory with none of the work.

Attached: Huskies+make+great+facial+expressions+_5a6aa604dc0bdcb42ba84919edfa1ce3[1].jpg (500x613, 62K)

what a seething ultimatefag. 20 years later and it's still relevant. get a clue underage

>autistically
>anti-Melee
That's an oxymoron

>fighting games are so fucking dogshit these days that a party game "fighter" is more popular
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE FGC HAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHA

Attached: 1558319309375.png (398x376, 193K)

this

Thank you, Kermit user.

The main point is that Smash is not a fighting game.

It categorically is.

How the fuck does he do it?

Attached: Sakurai-e1545609289799.jpg (731x470, 49K)

this was all i could find but its super outdated already

Attached: early-ult-results.jpg (1200x800, 61K)

Then feel free to point out the misinformation no one else did sweatie. Do you want to also go into detail about organizers have to put CRTs out on tarps, and spray them down before the event starts since so many fucking roaches live in them? How GODS demand to have dedicated stations for HAND WARMIES before their sets? How a top smashfag was just caught dating a 15yr old?

>Most of the top melee players don't have a reason to go to fly out to it when they could go to the numerous other melee tournaments?
Glad to know they care less about their scene more than fucking Melty players lmao

Attached: jh68021.jpg (551x856, 144K)

it only takes one clout-chasing SJW to start a scandal over it, then everyone will nervously fall in line
but if that doesn't happen, most people don't give a shit if a 16-17 year old fucks an adult

Melee is objectively a fighting game. Keep seething though.

>As I’ve noted and cautioned before, this isn’t a definitive tier list. Saturation of mains among popular characters is something that happens often enough that it makes using these charts as a viable guide a pretty bad idea. There is a significant amount of correlation between results and viability, of course, but these things aren’t good at accurate tier lists as they do not take match-ups or character interactions into account.
Here's what your source says. Besides it's not only 2 years outdated, but looking at it alone doesn't take into mind things like popularity bias, meta developments, character matchups, and what it looks like separately from both the people who actually make top 8 and the people who make somewhere around top 50 or so. Besides if more people use a character what does that mean? People are still using the less common characters.

>care less about their scene
yeah thats why they raised 90 grand to get into evo they clearly dont care

>A fighting game is a video game genre based around close combat between a limited amount of characters, in a stage in which the boundaries are fixed. The characters fight each others until they defeat their opponents or the time expires. The matches typically consist of several rounds, in a arena, with each character having different abilities but each is relatively viable to choose. Players must master techniques such as blocking, counter-attacking, and chaining attacks together into "combos".

neither is wind jammers, turf masters, puyo tetris, or catherine but thats okay because anime fighting game players say they are fighting games but ir0nically.

anicel fgc should just admit theyre salty melee outlives literally every game arcsys shits out.

Attached: 7F1E2567-85A0-4945-BAB7-E76A7DA843C7.png (600x719, 504K)

How easy would it be for me to pick up smash?

I play ST and KOF98/02 at a reasonable level.

Attached: 1470078829744.jpg (792x876, 173K)

>I-if I turn off this feature and that feature and ban this stage and that stage i-it will finally become a fighting game!

all i did was post data user, you dont have to get so defensive about it

Smash isn't a fighting game so Ultimate shouldn't be there either.

nothing translates except vague concepts of spacing and safe on block(shield in smash)

take a shower

Why do smash players hate top tier characters so much and hate the people that play them like zer0 etc? And stick by their retarded shit tier characters and cum when they beat a top tier main 1/100 times.

I only play top tiers in fighting games
I only play meta classes in MMOs
I only use the fastest cars in racing games
That's the point of playing to win.
You wouldn't know what that's like since you hide behind scrub logic.

Melee has a pretty steep learning curve. Ultimate however is quite easy to learn and has a much lower skill floor and ceiling.

>neither is wind jammers, turf masters, puyo tetris, or catherine
That's right. That's why they are never featured in the main line-up. I know you Smashfaggots never pay attention to FGC, but if you did, you would realize that puzzle games at EVO are always side tournaments.

It's not a fighting game.

Melty players don't have as many tournaments as melee as far as I know.
Here we go
>Melee players refuse to play on anything other than CRTs
For tournaments that makes complete sense due to lag. They don't play on dolphin at large tournaments due to probably making the set ups more unwiedly since you need actual, much more unwieldy, computers to be lugged around too. It also makes it easier for some form of cheating to occur and makes trouble shooting more difficult. There is also possibly a problem with Nintendo by using emulators at a 1k+ tourney but I'm not sure. USB adapters also make it more difficulty to move setups and create problems with disconnecting/conecting
>1% gc controllers
UCF. It doesn't matter how much of a "joke" it makes the community look. Controllers aren't perfect and that's a useless point. If anything there are also other controllers like the Smashbox to use.
>Paragraph about HBox
Wizzrobe, a captain falcon main, and Zain, a marth main, and leffen, a fox main, and Mang0, a falco/fox main, all present challenges to hbox and make it so he can't easily win or "time people out" (which rarely happens). Hell, even a pikachu main won recently.
>smelly
Assuming there is actual evidence to prove it happens on a large scale I don't know.
>Fair share of time
Yeah I agree.

>Melee has a pretty steep learning curve

I've practiced the fox shine shit and it was easier than 02 bc combos, the execution doesn't feel too hard

I also want to respond to what you said
>Dedicated HAND WARMIES
I don't know when this has been said. Most of the time they have hand warmers right before playing while setting up, or they just play on one of the numerous TVs which is available after pools
>Smashfag caught dating
That was an ultimate player and I don't defend that.

i-is anyone watching Low Tier City?

Based

Main stage, no. Side tournament? Sure.

This desu

This is the one flaw. Waldstein’s charge grapple literally takes you into the corner no matter where you start.

It's not a fighting game it's a party game.

every one of those games minus turf masters had big turn outs at other majors and definitely weren’t side games. quit being so hypocritical and mad anicel.

Found the weebs.

Quit blaming Smash for everything. If fighting games weren't so shit these people wouldn't be turning to Smash of all things.

brainlets turn to smash because enrages them

Based.

I think it's fair to blame melee to a certain extend. I think someone from the FGC said once that most melee players don't play other fighting games or mingle with the rest of the FGC. There are too many people who only care about melee and nothing else, and from what people have been saying, it seems like they have a attitude problem. Maybe Melee players should just make their own tournaments where they can run it as they please.

Based kermit. Smashfags have so desperately wanted their party game to be considered a fighting game that they have lost their collective minds. They're pure chaos and require the order a shower can provide.

Attached: Jordan Peterson.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

I personally blame the devs of MK, MvC, and Blazblue. They just failed to keep things interesting for the fans and they said "fuck this". Sakurai didn't and I guess that's why Smash Ultimate is dominating tournaments.

Smash Ultimate's main appeal is the Nintendo characters and the low skill floor. They will play all the smash games because they have Nintendo games in them, while non melee players play it because it's the newest Smash game and doesn't differ much from the previous. Smash Ultimate just doubles down on that appeal and gives you all the characters and all the stages. While also making things easy for newbies.

So you agree in a way that Sakurai did more to keep things interesting than the devs of most fighting games these days?

Smash isn't a fighting game so I hope eventually Ultimate gets kicked off.

I guess, but people would play the game either way.

Not him or the Kermit poster, but how is a desktop + USB adapter combo more unweidly than a fucking bulky ass CRT? They're smaller, lighter, don't have as much chance as having pest population inside, and circumvent the input lag problem. and the adapters can be easily packed and transported en masse
The no excuse for tourneys Nintendo doesn't sponsor either, so that's out

Yes he has made a party game appeal to normalfags, something most fighting games don't do well or are made to appeal to.

You can probably run that shit on a fucking raspberry amigo

>mango
>challenge to hbox
what year do you think this is?

Nintendo will sperg out since they hate melee. The problem might also come with different types of adapters and different types of computers. I am sure people do use it at smaller scale tournaments somewhere. The problem also comes with the computer needing to be decent to good to run melee without any frame drops whatsoever. With melee on wii/gc there is close to 0% chance of it happening but with Dolphin anything can go. There is less of a chance of breaking and loss with bulky CRTs that are usually cheap, and wiis which go for $50 at most.

Mang0 beat Hbox at Pound though. He definitely isn't a force to be reckoned with.

That's debatable but the point is that maybe more devs could learn from Sakurai since he knows how to please consumers. Bringing back past characters is one of them.

> Waiting for Kermit to read this

Attached: 213ss9.jpg (347x343, 22K)

>win a single set
>lose two sets to the same guy not an hour later
yeah im gonna say hes free

What pasta is this from?

>Melee is never coming back to EVO is it.
Kobamete: It really is but not necessarily because you would never bring Melee back to EVO, it would go to the back of your mind because you don't have the skills, time, or talent to do it well.

Buck: You are a competitor to beat but you know how to do it, you know how to prepare, you know how to play and you know people like Mew2King (laughs), to my knowledge and I know, it has never been attempted in EVO. If it does happen, it might not happen as I hope for.

Diddy Kong and Captain Falcon

Buck: There are really only one or two characters that people who do not know any of the character games can play effectively, I know many people who do that. I also understand that most of the players who do better than me with Mew2King would need to have the knowledge and experience to just get through the basic stages of Smash competitively, as I am so far in the middle here, just to get into it and be the player we all know that you need to be on top of when playing.

Melee has a very specific character building method that a lot of players go through, then they go through the character building tutorials and so forth to try and make it

If fighting games were trying to appeal to normalfags in the same way party games are then maybe, but they aren't.

If you lose to someone at all they aren't free
Also I want to add that usually people would bring a laptop for dolphin emulation. A desktop would be more of a problem to move around than a CRT and cost more in electricity probably. People don't want to bring their $300+ laptop which they probably use for other things to play melee and they don't want to bring their desktop for melee either. Laptops are a lot more fragile and expensive than a cheap CRT and wii

>Melee is still fucking big for baffling reasons.
It's a good game and you have shit taste so you can't see what people like about it.

>no melee this year
>no hard to find fat CRTs needed to be leased
>EVO still expensive

Attached: FE25502D-45B5-4BA3-82FC-EA800FEC09D3.jpg (450x300, 37K)

9-2 in the past 2 years, thats free son

Why do you think SamSho is boring? Sincere question.

Attached: ogMV.gif (335x232, 607K)

do you know how much it costs to rent out mandalay bay?

Because he has to play footsies.

If you have never played the game, you will think its boring because its slow.
Smash players dont play any other games, so its only logical

Aren't french fries a good smell though?

very little, like the ESPORTS scene, ie everything but fighters, seems to make MONEY.

but not fighters. they probably make the most @ evo tops.

You know it's funny you mention that because there is a guy at my local that initially thought SamSho seemed boring but he sat down and tried it and had a blast. He comes from MK, Tekken, and SC though.

then why are trannies so fucking common in smash

How much does the mass shooting insurance cost?

They're not, as far as I can see.

Now, anime fighters on the other hand...

NOOOOO SMELEE BROS HOW WILL WE STINK UP EVO NOW

Attached: 98E41A10-D889-471D-A699-F7A97C0F9CE7.png (600x597, 94K)

Not when there's no outside food allowed.
It was just a combination of grease and salt.
Not the metaphorical kind of salt.

youre thinking of eafags. fgc does fistfights

i'll never understand why he was popular
just a screaming autistic monkey with a webcam and retarded hair

>playing any game seriously with bootleg usb coverters+emulator+fucking laptop
it hurts to think someone like you unironically plays fighting games (not smash) like this

Sounds gross. I'm at LTC7 right now. It's kinda comfy but also a few niggas smell like liquid ass. one of which was a TO

Sadly it's likely the best possible idea to stay relevant and sell better.

>How a top smashfag was just caught dating a 15yr old?
That wasn't as bad as a 3-time FGC evo winner beating his spouse
Or Marn
Or sonicfox

>that spoiler
dear god, this conspiracy goes all the way to the top

Based

Yea Forums hating melee is the most hilarious dichotomy ever, cus Yea Forums is such le epik hardcore gaymers right guiz. the melee community was largely a group of older guys so autistically obsessed with grinding their game that they told other people to fuck off because their game is shit
granted now melee is just a cesspool of trannies and shills, and nu/v/ is basically r/gaming. but again, you'd think the two would fit together perfectly in both "eras"

infiltration was proven innocent

Did you start playing fighters yesterday? People get tired and frustrated of top tier characters winning forever in every bloody game, it's absolutely not smash-exclusive behavior

DBFZ isn’t on suicide watch. It’s just gone quiet due to the lack of updates and the Toei scare. As well as the fact that we’ve gotten like 5 new toys since the game launched.
>Smash Ultimate
>Soul Calibur
>SamSho
>Granblue
Etc...

If you really think it won’t be getting a sequel announced some time next year, I’ve get a bridge to sell you.

yeah but i dont see anyone throwing crabs at sonicfox when he tierwhores

it might get a sequel but you can absolutely be sure that it wont be as huge as the previous game.
everybody had high hopes for that and most got disappointed hard. it was the perfect opportunity with the best environment for it to succeed and it didnt.

lmao, only shitters or japanese autists don't pick characters that are AT LEAST upper mid tier

god tier shit

Attached: project-m-national-2017.png (636x424, 145K)

Not only that, but Janemba got leaked, and we know the other two. So the surprise factor of the DLC is gone. Now it’s just a waiting game till we get Gogeta and Broly, as Janemba will likely be revealed at EVO.

I’m just hoping the silence is cause they’re busy preparing work for the sequel. DBFZ needs more than an update, it needs a whole new game with way more content and new features.

Hungrybox is already starting to fall out of grace. He lost two majors pretty recently by people playing meme characters.

And don't act like Ultimate's metagame doesn't have the potential to stagnate and turn into this shit when the established top tier P2W DLC fighter is released.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.37M)

based

He was based and a Yea Forumsro, now go back 2 leddit where you belong.

I was thinking of the Mandalay bay...

>This issue could be solved if Melee fags would switch to Dolphin
Good luck emulating vidya while also keeping a Nintendo sponsorship.

Mmmm-hmm.

maybe im out of the loop, what happened at mandalay bay?

That crab saved melee though

Not him but yeah you're basically fucked trying to do that. You have a better chance of masturbating on a public beach and not getting arrested.

Well considering melee only got 1.3k entrants last year but multiple games have gone over 1k including an anime game I think it’s safe to say evo really doesn’t need melee and I hope to god it never comes back

>nigger
>ever a Yea Forumsro
Fuck off retard.

The Vegas shooting where like 50 people died a few years ago

melee attendance numbers have dropped, user

He was more of a Yea Forumsro than you'll ever be, did you ever get a sticky by the way?

But it did succeed. The dropoff happened primarily due to Toei nuking grassroots tournaments.

For a sequel to be big, I’d say DBFZ would probably need a bit of a quiet period of a couple years, after to generate hype, while they build an amazing game with tons of side content, new features and mechanics, and a MvC2 tier roster.

its well documented that he won the case and his wife explicitly stated she was in it for the money

I don’t hate Melee, I hate the community.

Source? I'd heard he settled, and I highly doubt his wife said that.

Why would I need a sticky? I’m not a dead monkey.

Attached: 60F01E8F-BA64-443E-8C46-EDAA8D6D5394.gif (500x281, 1.55M)

you fucks are so wrong on everything, not even reddit knows what boomers are.

you know what i saw at 7:30 am this morning?
a real, 60+ boomer at my grocery store, drinking Monster energy and it was the orange one, not white.

THAT is a fucking BOOMER

twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/1077040980254060544?s=19
old news actually
and of course she didnt state it aloud or in court but screenshots were found

>posts dbz
you're definitely a nigger, just not a dead one

>arcsoy
test

>le P2W DLC meme XD
Typical seething meleefag, trying to turn continued support to a game into a bad thing

ZOOM ZOOM!!