Is Tales of Berseria worth getting? I played Tales of the Abyss and loved it but never played anything

Is Tales of Berseria worth getting? I played Tales of the Abyss and loved it but never played anything

Attached: FIX_tob_status_001_Velvetnormal_nohin_1461149738-813x1024.jpg (813x1024, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JhkIpjueZls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Play Vesperia instead

I liked Symphonia and LOVED Abyss but didn't like Berseria. Bought it on launch because craving an RPG and Yea Forums was raving about it. Worst $60 I've spent in the past five years.

Vesperia is good though. Not Abyss tier fantastic, but really really good.

>Good story, good gameplay, best cast
Yes

Berseria is great and Berubetto is a cutie

Berseria is the best game in the series

Yes it's one of the better Tales games overall for sure.
Or that I guess.

It is alright. Symphonic is still my favorite.

Not really. The characters are pretty good I guess. The best thing the game has going for it is the lore connections with Zestiria. But that would require you to play two mediocre games instead of just one

It has a few decent characters and a decent concept (play as a bunch of bad guys!) that basically goes to waste by the halfway point. Everything else about it is mediocre to bad. Wouldn't recommend

it has magilou. definitely worth getting

I read Vesperia is full of outdated gameplay with constant backtracking and doesn't let you use certain mechanics on the first playthrough

Best Tales cast ever, not a single character is shit.

Gameplay is solid, if you liked Graces you will like this.

Story is good, the party has a reason to go places and I don't feel like it is as generic as other tales stories or pointless like Vesperia's story.

Attached: 991d8d0eb38dc79b178c1585f2f26280.png (770x910, 376K)

Well you heard wrong

Tales of Symphonia is a bad game. Fight me.

If Lloyd Irving was playable in smash ultimate, are you going to get Symphonia?

Attached: 1531608879134.png (721x1198, 817K)

>Not a single character is shit
Whenever Bienfu spoke I felt myself die a little more inside. The main party is fantastic though.

Vesperia is a turd, it is literally unfun to play it on the first play.There are mechanics you will never get the chance to use on the first playthrough and it the combat is slow as fuck and painfully dull. Yuri takes three fucking swings and then swaps hands for no reason other than to slow his always painfully slow attacks down. You might probably even extend the combo by one more hit but don't expect it to go beyond four because combo pluses take too much of your already tiny skill point pool. Wanna be able to connect basic, advanced and altered arts together? Too bad, these skills also take too much of your very tiny skill point pool even further. Good luck trying to play a character who isn't Yuri or Flynn because they are slow and horrible. Rita drains tp like she is doiing coke, Karol is a garbage and slow bastard, Raven's gimmick is awkward as well as Patty, Judy's is suppose to be the air character but her attacks are clunky and usually pushes enemies back instead of in the air. The characters are shit too. Yuri is a development less hypocrite, Rita is an annoying cunt of the highest caliber, Judy is a bland pair of tits, Karol is an annoying and spineless pussy for 90% of the game, Raven is obviously a traitor but no one cares, Patty is alright except she is very much patched on and you can tell, Estelle is a bland and boring generic innocent maiden who is kind of too retarded to live, and Flynn is the best character in the party besides the dog who since he doesn't talk, doesn't get boggled down with shit characterization. The story is one of the worst in the tales series. The party spends a third of her dragging their asses on the ground while Estelle points to shiny spots and they go there I guess. Also its designed incredibly poorly. Sidequests have such tiny windows to be done that if you aren't using a guide you will 100% miss most of them and even when following a guide, you will still fuck up the window and miss 40% of the sidequests.

Attached: 96fc1c6b95ee4c108e183642069e9fe2.png (645x669, 123K)

Attached: 1548263005.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

I only speak the truth, Vesperia is a painfully dull game.

Attached: 212e39591b6fc04876ab921d02a4a696.jpg (433x650, 48K)

>Rita is an annoying cunt of the highest caliber,
You take thist back RIGHT NOW!

Attached: 1560003684123.jpg (928x1630, 622K)

She is a cunt mate.

>wastes time again and again to fuck blastia
>won't let you destroy any blastia because they are her babies
>picks on Karol for no reason
>has a generally shitty personality, only likes Estelle because it appears to be a crime if any of the characters don't like Estelle
>is the genius character which she believes entitles her to be a bitch all the time

She is a sexy little cunt, that is all you will get from me.

Attached: 52cae018351ae3be78580fb932b066c1.png (400x600, 238K)

>picks on Karol for no reason
But that's like the best part.

This is a Vesperia thread now

Attached: 0f692e6bc7277d574d695962b00bb58d.jpg (900x600, 221K)

Karol is already a pathetic spineless, pussy, I don't need Rita to remind me about it every five minutes.

Attached: 05d23d1353dcab4037678a21a2a3c2f4.jpg (600x565, 281K)

Only Vesperia, Symphonia and Abyss are worth playing.

sure faggot with colossal shit taste

Are all the tales game connected in plot or are they all seperate like final fantasy?

Maybe, when it has a discount.
Story was very meh, and the only main character I liked was Magilou. Velvet is cute but she whines for 80% of the game.
Also the game has quite a bit of backtracking and you only get a mount like midgame and in half of the locations you can use it, you'll have to manually run around the dungeon looking for a switch to enable mount summon in that particular location.
They have some common things but they're separate stories aside from a few games.

I am sorry, people have finally seen how shit Vesperia actually is. You can't coast on your shit taste anymore.

Attached: 91e61efdf5be1be143fb3d2516b5c22e.jpg (560x560, 49K)

Separate like Final Fantasy

Vesperia is the best game in the series.
Berseria is the best modern one.

FPBP. Berseria is shit.

Symphonia and Abyss, sure. Vesperia has no place next to those two.

Xillia 1 and 2, Berseria, Symphonia, and Abyss are the only one worth playing.

Graces f and Hearts r are fun additions through.

Attached: 042ba2c94d8aee687425478efc338e89.jpg (709x929, 109K)

Reminder that Velvet is a pretty good wife material

Vesperia isn't close to best in the series, Xillia 2 is better. Better story and better gameplay. Also the cast is better since Vesperia only has two good characters and Xillia 2 has six good ones.

I never forget.

Attached: velvet wife material.jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

Reminder that Rutee is best wife material

Attached: DqcOyTmVAAEetJL.jpg orig.jpg (1088x1270, 108K)

Story/Characters - Vesperia and Symphonia

Combat - Graces, Hearts, Vesperia

Berseria is really bad though, how does that make the cut? I haven't played Xillia 2 though I hear it suffers from a lot of the same problems that Berseria does. First Xillia is respectable though.

>decent concept (play as a bunch of bad guys!) that basically goes to waste by the halfway point.
I'd say it goes to waste WAY earlier than halfway point.
I remember being annoyed at how characters had to remind me that they're supposed to be the bad guys every second skit while saving innocent people left and right.
>"We just saved that kid, didn't we?"
>"Sure did, but remember we're the bad guys."
Ugh...

I have no idea how combat works in this game, it just keeps spamming me with tutorials over and over again and I feel like I lose track of what they're trying to teach me, so I just button mash with whichever combos I happen to like and so far it's working. I am enjoying the game though.

Redpill me on Zestiria and post more Edna, I bought the game because of her.

What nip juice are you on that Berseria is bad? Xillia 2 is nothing like Berseria, that's fucking retarded.

Attached: number one velvet.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)

It honestly feels like a korean/chinese MMO except singleplayer

The only redeeming feature it has are the characters

high IQ gameplay

I bought it for Alisha, hahahahahahahahaha. I got fucked.

Zestiria is a waste of potential. The story is garbage and makes very little sense. The gameplay while good is held back by mechanics that should never had been made. You either have two party members or four, nothing between that because you need two humans to have two fuck ghosts in the party with you.

Edna is great though, almost made up for me getting no Alisha.

Attached: 05e53229b835d90553d32851e88b56cc.png (620x603, 244K)

It's like Abyss, but imagine Abyss's skills get locked behind a cost system, FoF is removed in favour of altered artes which is a massive downgrade.

SPBP

The gameplay is absolutely awful. The gameplay of the series as a whole is nothing special, but Berseria's is so mindlessly bad that it actually drags the game down. Its literally hold a button and mash another button and win. I have literally beaten bosses with my eyes closed just mashing a button. I fell asleep trying to play it multiple times, and eventually decided the trash wasn't worth the effort. I've heard Xillia 2 has a similarly overpowered main character is the comparison to be made here. On top of it the story proceeds at a snail's pace and the cast is utterly uninteresting.

dont play velvet in combat

So Kayano Ai vanishes quickly, huh.

Hey OP, try Berseria. It's very different from Abyss but it's an excellent game. Don't let the unusual gameplay turn you off, you get used to it the more you play around with arte strings.

Velvet is a good intro character but I encourage you to start using other characters as soon as you get them. With Velvet it's too easy to get into a really lazy routine since her break soul is overpowered and makes her virtually immortal if you can keep generating souls.

Abyss was my favourite Tales game and Berseria is certainly up there. Give it a shot.

Attached: 29ff424de614ab9fd7842722790c186c.jpg (2350x3520, 1.55M)

These. I'd like playing Rokurou and Magilou more too if their 3rd break souls weren't so incredibly situational.

Attached: 0af20a4415dec3594f7835aadcd45d8d.jpg (800x1131, 135K)

I tried that, but everyone else feels actively bad. They control poorly, are staggered easily and do almost no damage. Its a mess.

Rokurou is a beast m8

So I guess because we all have to circlejerk hate Vesperia now that it has a PC port, we're just going to ignore the fact that you had to grind out entire levels just to raise points towards AD skills through a not even remotely explained Capacity Core system that locks all the most useful skills behind obtuse combinations that might not even be possible to attain the first time you play

Attached: 76ed69abdd3a486969d1d3300450f39d.jpg (750x960, 321K)

He absolutely is not, at least the majority of the game. It could be he's usable at end game, but his abilities stun almost never, do very little damage, and places you 5 feet from the enemy so that you can't combo worth shit. He was the worst of the lot

>They control poorly,
Sidestep.
> are staggered easily
Equip titles that give you ironstance
> and do almost no damage.
Abuse the fuck out of break souls and mystic artes.
I started equipping stuff that didn't raise my attack too high because I didn't want battles to end too quickly, I wanted to keep practicing combos and arte strings and finishing with MA's.
The reason why everyone hates Berseria's combat is because it's a lot more different from classic Tales gameplay.

It's not flawless; it should have had a regular attack command for sure.
I wasn't trying to breed hatred for Vesperia. I've clocked 170 hours in the remake on PS4 (who knows how many on the 360) and I'm gunna start a third playthrough soon. It's just that 70% of the first playthrough isn't as fun as it could have been because of some bad design decisions. NG+ fixes a lot of the problems, but it doesn't address that anyone who isn't Yuri or Flynn isn't very fun to play as. Judith, especially, is a fucking mess and anyone who has played as her for an extended period of time scowls at those shitty "combo" webms of her.

I stopped playing no normal because the gameplay with Velvet is kind of easy. Its better on a harder setting. Ludger is overpowered as well but so was Jude in Xillia 1. Ludger takes some effort to learn but he is literally a DmC character in a tales game. The story is really slow but Vesperia is slower so if you can deal with that boring shit, Xillia 2 or Berseria isn't a problem. Their cast is also better than Vesperia's too.

Yes, fuck my life.

>pick Eizen
>Coercion into Draconic Drive
Shit is even easier than Velvet claw bum fucking everything

Attached: 1527257f5982a426874926d103cf44f4.png (600x704, 535K)

>Jude in Xillia 1
Who picks Jude? Why would you ever pick to play as a medical student instead of the avatar of the four elementals?

>>Coercion into Draconic Drive
I like spamming deceiving pummel a lot because it's cool to look at. Chains shooting up from the ground looks badass.

I think Eleanor is the only one who's stun artes aren't very reliable so she has a harder time getting souls than the rest of the cast.

Because you can *teleports behind u*
Sometimes repeatedly.
His artes are REALLY fucking satisfying to use, too, although Milla is fun as well.

Hell just have a party of Jude, Milla, Ludger, and Gaius for the most fun characters to play as and switch between them liberally.

I loved Eizen going autismal on random subjects
SECRET
UNDERGROUND
TUNNELS

Jude punches god in the face because his waifu is gone, Jude is the best pick. Besides Jude is literally untouchable in Xillia 1. He is faster than everything else and his skill just nothing personals everything.

I loved Coercion into Draconic Drive because it hits so damn fast that you can throw four Coercion attacks before the enemy makes a single step.

Attached: 754da6cd92639cc66de2e8ef4f3da90b.jpg (400x613, 55K)

>He doesn't want to snap pivot and punch things to death
I'm sorry, user.

It's overrated weeb shit and I don't know why I played most of it. Combat is better than most JRPGs but still not really worth playing the game for. Story is full of poorly written, cringey dialogue. Game just looks bad visually. Nice waifus I guess. Can't go wrong with Magilou. Otherwise, just read Berserk or something if you want a story like the one featured in this game.

Berseria's character quirks were entertaining as hell

>Eizen being autistic about tunnels and beetles
>Rokurou being swordsexual
>Phi trying to become manly
>Velvet being an asshole

Such fun.

Attached: 04dcf4c01c291593a051a4ac88e38045.png (771x600, 822K)

>Velvet being an asshole
and failing

Hmm... the combat and dungeon puzzle sensibilities aren't bad, they're just stretched 15~ hours too thin. Equipment customization could have been more elaborate and it could stand have more sidequests unlock before the actual final door of the final dungeon.

Attached: 69926305_p0.jpg (1215x1800, 566K)

Once you put a costume on Velvet, it becomes a much better game

I had a lot of fun with it, but be warned it's a story about cold blooded revenge and it sticks to its guns till the bitter end so expect a good amount of edge at times.

>expect a good amount of edge at times
And cringe, don't forget the cringe.

>Goes nuts after the death of her little bro.
>Brocon Velvet finds a new little boy, names him after her dead little bro.
>Original little bro turns out to not be dead but kinda merged/reborn as a god.
>Instantly starts begging for forgiveness, sucking on her little bro's toes all over again.
>Replacement bro grows planet sized nuts and slaps some sense into her.
>Velvet starts to grow slightly more stable (but still generating malevolence because she's emotionally fucked up).
>Sees her little bro again, beats the shit out of him then clings to him literally forever, ditching replacement bro with little more than a "yeah you too" when he confesses his love.
She's kind of an asshole.

I kinda liked her outfit at start of the story, it was a nice progression of the village outfit from the prologue into remains of it into random shit she found in the prison to cover it up a bit
I wish it actually changed futher at some points of the game tho, it didnt really fit her at like halfway point of the game already

Only time I cringed was the scenes with Velvet and Laphicet. Because Imagining losing one of my younger siblings then finding a kid who looked like them then obsessing over them
seems insane

>I wish it actually changed futher at some points of the game tho, it didnt really fit her at like halfway point of the game already
Eleanor offered to fix it up and stitch it to "like new" in a skit once. They should have taken that opportunity to make a patchwork/fixed version of her tattered outfit. It would have looked great and been perfect from a thematic point of view.

>Spoiler.
Never been a siscon/brocon? Neither have I, but she's kind of an emotional wreck who spent 3 years killing and eating monsters while her only happy thoughts involved memories of when she took care of a sickly, helpless little family member so it checks out that she's be insane.

>Only time I cringed was the scenes with Velvet and Laphicet.
Yeah... except 50% of the skits focus on that shit on top of the story.
The worst part of Berseria for me, hands down.

Granted point 4 was because point 3 also made it their goal to mindbreak her as much as possible.
Also based chad shota punching god in the face for making his girl cry

What? She acted as the seal because if she killed Inominat Phi would die too.

>Never been a siscon/brocon?
No I love my 3 sisters to death but I could never see them that way.

> but she's kind of an emotional wreck who spent 3 years killing and eating monsters while her only happy thoughts involved memories of when she took care of a sickly, helpless little family member

I fully agree with you there doesn't help she was 16 when it happened and that around when peak hormones and chemical changes happen so that and becoming half demon would fuck anyone in the head.

Laphicet is really needed, I benched him most of the time or if I had him out he was just a heal slut.

>get attacked from behind by multiple wolfs or some shit
>pretty much instantly stunlocked into a coma
>stay knocked down on the ground and watch NPCs fight, expecting them to get destroyed like I was
>tfw they actually win the fight
This game makes me feel like I'm retarded.

Attached: 1547680276027.jpg (528x800, 34K)

Sorry meant ins't

If you're into /ss/ there's a lot to like about it.

just git gudder user

Did you try DEVOURing

I wish I knew how to.
I didn't get the chance to do it. I started my usual button mashing, completely unexpecting to get my ass handed to me and then I just kept getting stunned. I also had less than 3 souls at the start, so I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that anyway.

I love Velvet!

Protip: hold down the guard button until your character glows red. Your next hit will break guards/stun and give you an opportunity to get really aggressive.

Nice

Attached: 59488533_p7.jpg (750x853, 231K)

>The story is garbage and makes very little sense
The story is very simple though so long as you ignore the two human girls. Kid gets chosen from birth to purify the world and unite two races, become a teenager and does just that while learning to ignore the Thots that he meets along the way.

Maybe he's talking about Malevolence, which is a dumb concept but it's actually described very cleanly and doesn't break it's own rules.

The anime, however, took malevolence and just did whatever the fuck with it, making it an inconsistent fucking mess with plot holes everywhere. I fucking hate the zestiria anime so much.

I feel sorry for Inominat, he is getting /ss/ raped by his big sister for eternity and he can't do anything about it.

Different user, I remember that line about "a villain can have no malevolence if they believe they're right?" (even though Forton obviously wasn't).

Attached: 351970_20160401204240_1.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

keep slurping Babarian's semen faggot

Many will tell you that this is the best in the series and i completely agree.

Attached: berseria.png (289x110, 66K)

I understood it just fine, the story is nonsense and makes very little sense. Malevolence is a very stupid concept that is handled extremely poorly. Rose is a killer but is "pure of heart" but Alisha is so very optimistic yet she is not worthy to be the Shepherd's disciple. Everything is easy to understand but its nonsense and retarded.

Attached: af76a8885e1f55cf05d44555e94fdc51.jpg (1200x1549, 210K)

>not playing velvet in combat
What a massive fucking fag you are.

Its really not. Its just the best we've had in the series in way too long and still pretty high up there.

Berseria has incredibly bad gameplay. When every attack is a special attack, none of them are. Additionally, it still follows the awful "do a specific combo to break the enemy's guard otherwise you'll do 0 damage and have no hitstun" mechanic that plagues the worst gameplay titles of the series. Entering a new area entails setting one specific combo to each directional input and then mindnumbling killing everything with the same moves over and over.

I definitely agree with some of your points namely side quests. Fucking Bamco and their side quest jewing system where you needed to buy their guide online to progress, the restrictions on it are insane and it doesn't follow any sort of logic behind it, making guessing impossible. Cheat Engine definitely alleviates any problems you may encounter in your first playthrough(as long as you only alleviate the grind and grant yourself only the NG+ bonuses), with infinite SP and SP skill reqs set to 1, meaning you can somewhat play comfortably on hard/unknown right after escaping Zaphias' Castle.

You mean kegare the localization is somewhat to blame for that. Should have just called it miasma because that's what it really was.

Forton was being controlled by Symonne she subconsciously knew that what she was buying was wrong. But had no real control over her own actions.

Vesperia is the most tedious game in the series.

>want cool shit, need to do silly as fuck challenges in the middle of boss fights that range from sure that's kind of pointless to why the fuck would you even want anyone to do this(knocking Zagi off the motherfucking boat)
>want to do sidequests, better go back to every town after every event or else you are screwed
>want skills, better buy every weapon three times and grind materials
>want to do mystic arts, too fucking bad, you won't get to do any until the game is a two thirds over
>want to use the skill symbols we told you about in the beginning of the game, no fuck you only second playthrough
>want to use skills period, better pick a few because you have fuck off for skill points

Attached: 6024616d2b8bb06761d1d630fbb80b7d.png (665x939, 365K)

Morality and malevolence are VASTLY different. Morality is a human-made concept. Animals don't debate over whether hunting is "good or bad." You can kill someone and generate no malevolence if you believe it's for the good of the world, and you're not emotionally hung up over it.

However if you kill someone and it haunts you, and you're constantly thinking about how awful it felt to put a knife in their still warm body and feel them grow cold in your hands, and you just removed someone from existence and you can never un-do your actions, you're an awful person who took a life for a selfish reason but it's for the good of the world right? But what's the point of doing the right thing with sacrifices? etc. then you will turn into an insane monster with emotions flickering wildly enough to create a substance called malevolence which will transform you.

>>want to use the skill symbols we told you about in the beginning of the game, no fuck you only second playthrough
I don't think I ever saw a skill symbol until I was in the final dungeon. In NG+ I can easily manipulate them though.

Agreed, could never understand why it got so much praise yet others in the series doing all of these things better are regarded as trash.

It's my favorite and I've played Abyss, Symphonia and Vesperia.

Attached: 1485583934_STU-DTS-tales-of-berseria-art-красивые-картинки-3321150.jpg (700x1225, 1.1M)

Of course because Vesperia is an experiment in seeing how fucking drag and tedious a game can be.

Attached: f9e00a9427384743d13789bafe2fe527.png (644x1023, 286K)

I don't understand either, Vesperia doesn't do anything particularly well.

Attached: 07c2ae75cd285a666a2dbecb210e72ab.png (1412x1088, 623K)

It's kinda hard to feel bad about killing murderers and rapists. The anime literally tried to make it so that she thought it was bad and it just justified her even more.

Alisha was a delusional little girl who wanted to emulate her fairytales. The reason why she remains so ineffective is because she ironically ignores or rather refused to understand the situation at hand because she wants to be a knight aka the one thing that the kingdom doesn't need, but didn't want to admit to herself. And then allowed herself to be isolated from the people the other nobles who could have helped her because of "muh morals". Hence why the anime couldn't make her in the right without simplifying her situation and literally bending the story backwards to make her appear right when she logically wasn't.

No I think they genuinely tried to make "unlocking" stuff more fun by artificially restricting stuff that wasn't restricted in Abyss to give you a sense of progression and of getting stronger, but they didn't test the early stages well enough.

The dialogue and interactions are second to none. Yuri and Flynn's justice talks are still my favourite in the series. It was very much a product of it's time, being one of the best JRPGs made at that time while nostalgiafags refused to admit that new mechanics and improvements made more recent games much better as a whole.

>needing an item to change the character on display

Attached: 1546636321147.png (350x350, 48K)

I don't like Rose and I don't want her in the party, I want Alisha and they told her to go fuck off. Nonsense game is nonsense, Edna makes me less hateful through.

They were fucking morons, having to stop boss fights to do a retarded challenge just to get some items is stupid. Everything Vesperia attempts is awkward and clunky, its trying to use its small dick in ways it can't understand.

Attached: fba5dd2f8b7bab2b3b266b9628e83417.png (600x600, 483K)

No one plays Tales games for the combat.

But Tales games have excellent combat except for Zestiria, why wouldn't they?

I found it enjoyable the first few titles I played, but since they've run out of ways to innovate it they keep trying to add shit. Unfortunately the additions they make generally range from "not intrusive" to "annoying."
That having been said, if you're playing Tales for the story or characters, I'd suggest watching any currently airing anime instead.

It wasn't even one of the best Jrpgs at the time, only the best on xbone which isn't hard. Older games are better than Vesperia too, I would play Abyss again before I play Vesperia. Graces f is much more fun to play than Vesperia. Despite having a horseshit story, Graces's gameplay is some of the best in the series and each character is fun to use unless Vesperia.

This proves that no matter how hard I try to put all the flaws of Vesperia in a single post, there will always be more flaws that I overlooked because the game is designed really badly.

Zestiria's combat wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't trying to do so fucking much while doing so little.

Attached: eb5cf7438bfbad8452ed0ad7bd681c3d.jpg (750x1000, 313K)

Abyss is my favourite game of all time
PC remaster when, I'm tired of emulating the PS2 version

Attached: Ds2aXLGUcAA2C85.jpg orig.jpg (1198x1500, 290K)

I've never seen anyone more upset about a game's very existence than this fag is over Vesperia, it's embarrassing

Attached: ves17.jpg (300x300, 20K)

>excellent combat

They have above-average combat for JRPGs, but they don't have "excellent combat".
The combat usually has some depth to it but you never really need to touch it on normal and on harder difficulties more intricate mechanics are just used to speed up the the deaths of encounters with inflated health pools and damage numbers.
Many of the games have the potential for long strings of combos, but most players aren't going to be doing them on a normal playthrough.

Hell, a lot of players never even use a character for combat other than the main character.
I know I didn't for the first few Tales games I played.

Do you guys think Arise will be good?

Both girls were shit though, literally just chosing between most and dry shit.

Alisha didn't have and resonance so she was useless as a squire, and her being a princess of the enemy country during a time of war meant that she couldn't travel outside of Hyland anyway. Not to forget she was trying to get in Sorey's pants even though 1. He's gay and 2. Shepherds can't get married(which is common knowledgr). And that's ignoring her own delusion which made her weak emotionally.

Alisha was just never feasible as a party member.

modern tales is on a pretty long lose streak, probably won't buy it unless it looks amazing.

ok at best. looks very meh so far.

Play on insane difficulty then say that.

tales difficulty is literally just "hope you're on ng+ because otherwise you're about to get killed in one hit and do 1 damage per attack" it doesn't change anything but numbers

i'll need to see more of it to form an opinion

But I am not upset that Vesperia exists, I brought it twice and still disliked it both times. The only game that upsets me over its existence is Dissidia NT.

Most of the time other characters are garbage. Graces f is the only one where every character is fun to play.

Its probably going to be alright, need to see gameplay before I can decide though.

You are shit, Sorey shouldn't have been a faggot, you aren't feasible in my life.

Attached: caec1b74c2dd4cba2200a58195306a3e.png (699x992, 490K)

>Graces's gameplay is some of the best in the series
I do not believe this for a second. I've played about a hundred hours of graces f and at the end of it all, I fucking hated that atrocious combat system.

>The combat usually has some depth to it but you never really need to touch it on normal and on harder difficulties more intricate mechanics are just used to speed up the the deaths of encounters with inflated health pools and damage numbers.
So, like DMC? What a stupid argument.

Attached: 1551484323922.jpg (1200x1200, 1.58M)

>This game is bad because casuals play it and do not play efficiently or in fun ways and I too am also a casual.
What point were you trying to make here?

Attached: elizabeth is bothered.jpg (416x400, 58K)

You lack good taste is all, sad but what can you do.

You are probably a ghoul or something, a tasteless existence that begs for death but is unaware it has already come.

Attached: 4e7b1b94f903919d8daf98a05d0f3739.jpg (800x1131, 497K)

if you just formatted this people might actually read it

The point of the difficulty levels is to let YOU choose which one is most comfortable for you.
Stop dragging your e-peen into this shit and trying to tackle the hardest difficulty no matter what. If you're not having a good time, drop the fucking difficulty.
I like all Tales games combat except Zestiria and Graces f. There's nothing sad about what I like. What is sad is eleth burst, accuracy/evasion dependency, weakness dependency, CC recovery speed and random ironstance on enemies mid-combo. It's pretty sad you have so many awful hurdles to cope with in order to squeeze out some semblance of fluidity or control in that game.
That's some pretty heavy shit. Sorry you feel that way.

I literally rewrite it every time. I will give you a summary, Vesperia is tedious dogshit and unfun.

I am sorry you have to live like that.

Attached: ca2c0bdef1d11a8e1839d21adff4db76.png (2111x1447, 1.15M)

No Tales is worth getting, read an actual fucking book and train your imagination instead

>buys a game a second time after disliking it the first time

Attached: 1562192054273.png (265x385, 62K)

>It's pretty sad you have so many awful hurdles to cope with in order to squeeze out some semblance of fluidity or control in that game.
I was always fluid in it. Please acquire some semblance of proficiency before trying to sound smart about game mechanics.

>You are shit, Sorey shouldn't have been a faggot, you aren't feasible in my life.
Even if Sorey wasn't a faggot he'd still be a married man, and Alisha would be a filthy homewrecker for chasing after a guy that she knew was already happily married.

Heck the fact that she was going to die well before him anyway made her chances of being in a serious relationship with Sorey even slimmer than it already was. The only thing that stops Alisha from being a homewrecker is the fact that Meebo is a boy. Even if Sorey was straight he's seraphim sexual.

I brought Persona 4 and the Golden and I hate P4 so I just might be fucking retarded.

I don't care, I wanted Alisha and Sorey because it was cute as fuck but the game threw everything it could so I wouldn't enjoy it on any front.

Attached: 56b6185692a71d5d5c57cd5f7b3fbdd0.png (1000x856, 477K)

>I was always fluid with RNG shit
Yeah ok

>why yes, i hate it cause im bad at it, how could you tell?

>bad gameplay (both combat and dungeons being even worse)
>terrible story
>bland characters that never stop talking

what's the appeal of tales?

>I don't care, I wanted Alisha and Sorey because it was cute as fuck but the game threw everything it could so I wouldn't enjoy it on any front.
They weren't on the same page from the very start though, Sorey's goal was to travel the world and co-existence and Alisha's was peace in Hyland and "muh fairytales". Hell Sorey never showed any interest in her outside of her being the first human he ever met and even that lost its novelty real quick once he realized what her personality really was like. Even when she was in the party Sorey didn't care.

Alisha herself forgot that Sorey had his own long term goals, or rather she valued her own goals over his and expected him to toe in line. They were just never meant to be taken seriously together.

Since you seem to be an expert, how do I combo proficiently? Do I just stack accuracy above all else and stat my equipment toward accuracy endlessly? Also how do I regain CC faster? After every short combo I'm stuck holding hard for 4 seconds or dodging to regain enough CC to go back on the offensive. I spend more time guarding/evading than attacking and it gets really boring playing defensively constantly.

The great gameplay, the cool stories and the fantastic characters with enchanting dialogue obviously.
What is the appeal of your favourite game, user? And what did Tales do to you to make you shitpost about it so much?

Sometimes they're less bad?

Too soon to tell.

>The Sorey/Alisha shippers keep drawing it like the game never happened.

Aaaaaaah

Attached: 49939976_p10.jpg (971x2048, 294K)

This fanbase is unsalvageable. You guys don't even like any game except the first one you played and spend all your time shitting on the rest for reasons that amount to "it's not the same as the one I like best".

>spec towards CC recovery
>attack in tandem with cpu teammates with multi-hitting artes that let said teammates pick the combo right back where you left off
>recover CC with guard/evade if needed
After a bit of trial and error + levelling up I was never running out of CC because of how fast it was regenerating due to CC related skills.

I played 2 and hated them both.

>The Sorey/Alisha shippers keep drawing it like the game never happened.
Not really, most did it before the game came out, then after the relationship was btfo'd most of them stopped. Even more stopped after the anime bombed they stopped. Now there's just one person who still does it but even she's stopped and moved on but now.

youtube.com/watch?v=JhkIpjueZls

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO! AHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!! AHAHAHHA!!!!

I don't care man, they shouldn't have made Alisha so endearing.

Let us have something.

I like plenty of the games. My first was Symphonia and I liked all the ones after except for Vesperia, Legendia, and Zestiria.

Attached: 76dcdeee8d38777b8a481ee0a5e73e9f.jpg (381x600, 60K)

What the fuck were they thinking when they cast her? Every english voice actor is spot on and then THIS bitch happens.

Joke's on you, I never play with dub. Jap Kamoana was top cute.

You seem pretty keen on being a little faggot anytime anyone says they don't like the graces battlesystem and you immediately start slinging insults and "get guds" like they have to prove themselves to you.

Nah mate, that guy isn't me.

Attached: 81fa3fca453501364912312fa8346adf.jpg (768x1500, 654K)

I'm trying to get better with Judith but her artes just don't click together. Most altered/arcane artes simply push her past or through the enemy after a base so you're stuck flailing around with your back to an enemy that fell behind you. Not to mention even her aerial regular attack extensions do this. I can rarely get up to 5 hits before the enemy falls/goes flying/is suddenly behind me.

>I don't care man, they shouldn't have made Alisha so endearing.
She was never endearing though, people who claim she was ignore her actual personality. Alisha was always a dumbass, who was out of touch with reality. Her first speech to the people had her telling them to starve for the sake her morals. And she doesn't get any better either.

What you really like about Alisha isn't her personality, it's her design.

Switch back to Yuri, all the other characters besides Flynn are lost causes.

I like her personality as well, I would starve for her morals any day.

Attached: 15faed4a51c9cc54e710c23d42227422.jpg (1282x1220, 134K)

Alisha was fucking boring. At least Rose had a personality and brought some MUCH needed tension breaking. Everyone else had a stick up their ass constantly, even Edna rarely joked around but she's the only one who tried.
Zaveid is where I finally started enjoying some party banter and then the game ended.

>Playing w/ dub
Oh boy...

I rather take that boring girl over Rose crashing the game with no survivors.

Attached: Edna.(Tales.of.Zestiria).full.1984789.jpg (800x1200, 907K)

>I like her personality as well, I would starve for her morals any day.
So you actually find the personality of a immature 20 something rich moralfag woman who can't into basic logic or politics endearing.

Have fun dying, user.

Alisha didn't bring anything to ther table on terms of character interaction, especially after Sorey, Lailah, Mikleo, and Edna realized that she was retarded.

I love moralfags so yeah that works perfectly for me.

I liked her retarded.

Attached: Alisha.Diefda.full.1831448.jpg (410x756, 230K)

Anyone got any good anime game recommendations?

>anything referencing zesty
>good

user, I said immature 20 something year old moralfag who can't into basic human necessity. Alisha's brand of retard was the type that could get you killed.

Danganronpa if you don't mind VN

No go away they're mine get your own.

Valkyria Chronicles, 3 is the best in my option.

She could learn, you and the game didn't give her a chance.

Attached: Edna.(Tales.of.Zestiria).full.2035164.jpg (500x771, 327K)

I can most certainly see it having a "it was magical when I was a teenager with too much free time!" effect.

Probably seeing remnants leading back to each other.

The only thing that hurts my autism is the odd animations that occur whenever a character speaks and then goes idle.

Based

Attached: DDFd05LVYAAa2mU.jpg orig.jpg (625x500, 42K)

I played a bunch, Berseria was easily the most fun with minimal amounts of BS.

Attached: 1546974309825.png (688x914, 773K)

>She could learn, you and the game didn't give her a chance.
But she never did in the game user, even when she was literally attacked because of it. Alisha had 20+ years to learn basic shit but didn't learn because she didn't want to learn. In fact she would have continued it in the game if not for that noble blackmailing her into being responsible for once. And even then she still expected Sorey to give up everything for her, showing that she learned nothing.

Alisha is legitimately too weak both emotionally and with her resonance. They did give her a chance and she blew it.

Tales in general is a mediocre series

>Probably seeing remnants leading back to each other.
Most likely, 90% of the art was made before anyone knew anything about the story and characters.

She isn't too weak for me to carry her all the way to the top. If she is too weak to live, gotta become her strength.

Attached: Tales.of.Zestiria.full.2034619.jpg (800x800, 583K)

Berubetto is prime wife material

Have fun getting killed by your waifu turned hellion then.

curious to hear your reasons, I enjoy tales because of the fast paced combat and world building through skits.
As an aside, I hope Arise continues the "townsfolk skits" that Berseria had, the cast interacting with random civilians was more meaningful worldbuilding than anything I've ever seen in a WRPG

The thread either yesterday or the day before was really good, but for some god forsaken reason this one attracted the kind of hyperfaggot that really really fucking loves talking about the things he hates about a series he claims to love

Attached: 1558848000731.jpg (1200x1800, 161K)

Alisha pleases old townspeople for moral reasons OHOHOHOHO

Attached: alishapleasestownspeople.jpg (720x405, 108K)

Why is this series bad